Page 1 from 31
Total results: 31441
- In Egyptian mythology, (roughly) a spirit of the dead that has successfully completed its transition to the afterlife.
- anaplastic lymphoma kinase
- Any of several species of Arctic sea birds of the family Alcidae.
- Odd; out of order; perverse.
- Wrong, or not commonly used; clumsy; sinister
- Clumsy in performance or manners; unhandy; not dexterous; awkward.
- Awkward; uncomfortable.
- Perversely; in the wrong way.
- A Unix scripting language or the command line interface itself.
- Very; same.
- A type, race or category; a group of entities that have common characteristics such that they may be grouped together.
- The twenty-second letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- from Japanese.
- Knight Commander of the
- Knowledge-Based Engineering
- Knowledge Based Economy
- A round, traditionally wooden container of lesser capacity than a barrel, often used to store beer.
- To store in a keg.
- The dried stem of certain large herbaceous plants.
- A plant having such a stem; a weed, a kecksy.
- A dry husk or covering.
- the former Soviet State Security Committee.
- Known good board.
- A Dardic ethnic group of about 230,000 people, located primarily in Pakistan, with a small population in Afghanistan. They speak the Dardic Khowar language and their main religion is Islam.
- In ancient Egyptian mythology, a part of the soul or spirit which left the body after death.
- of (in Hong Kong)
- A Finnish Moon god.
- a member of the lower classes.
- To make a tsk sound of disapproval.
- A large, oriental, round-bottomed cooking pan.
- To prepare oriental cuisine using a wok.
- A prisoner at a Russian prison, especially at a Soviet labour camp.
- A Tibeto-Burman language spoken in Burma, China, and neighboring countries.
- Out of control, especially when armed and dangerous
- In a frenzy of violence, or on a killing spree; berserk
- One who runs amok; in Malay and Moro/Philippine culture, one who attempts to kill many others, especially expecting that they will be killed themselves.
- A cross shaped like a T with a loop at the top, the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the Egyptian triliteral and often used as an amulet or charm for this concept.
- A tau cross.
- An afro-centric symbol of spiritualism, esp. as it relates to Kemetic spiritualism.
- Anatomical uses.
- A rigid structure projecting from the front of a bird's face, used for pecking, grooming and for eating food.
- A similar structure forming the jaws of an octopus, turtle, etc.
- The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects and other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
- The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the hinge of a bivalve.
- The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing the canal.
- Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird, terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
- Figurative uses.
- Anything projecting or ending in a point like a beak, such as a promontory of land.
- A continuous slight projection ending in an arris or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water is thrown off.
- A toe clip.
- That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
- A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient galley, used as a ram to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a beakhead.
- Colloquial uses.
- The human nose, especially one that is large and pointed.
- A justice of the peace, magistrate, headmaster or other person of authority.
- Strike with the beak.
- Seize with the beak.
- A small island north of New Guinea.
- A language spoken on this island and others near it.
- A virulent poison extracted from or other species of aconite.
- The plant itself.
- The spoiling of someone's score in the crib.
- A deception, a hoax.
- To spoil the score of (someone) in cribbage.
- To do someone out of their due; to deceive or defraud, to cheat (someone).
- A thicket; a small wood.
- To belch, to burp.
- To vomit.
- Size, mass or volume.
- The major part of something.
- The result of water retained by fibre.
- Unpackaged goods when transported in large volumes, e.g. coal, ore or grain.
- a cargo or any items moved or communicated in the manner of cargo.
- Excess body mass, especially muscle.
- A hypothetical higher-dimensional space within which our own four-dimensional universe may exist.
- The body.
- being large in size, mass or volume (of goods, etc.)
- To appear or seem to be, as to bulk or extent.
- To grow in size; to swell or expand.
- A squawk.
- A discordant note.
- To squawk.
- To incorrectly play a note by hitting a partial other than the one intended.
- To defecate.
- To kill.
- An act of defecation.
- To laugh.
- A rich, sweet dessert food, typically made of flour, sugar and eggs and baked in an oven, and often covered in icing.
- A small mass of baked dough, especially a thin loaf from unleavened dough.
- A thin wafer-shaped mass of fried batter; a griddlecake or pancake.
- A block of any of various dense materials.
- A trivially easy task or responsibility; from a piece of cake.
- Coat (something) with a crust of solid material.
- To form into a cake, or mass.
- To cackle like a goose.
- Resembling cake in texture.
- To be filled with worry, solicitude, or troubles.
- To bring worry, vexation, or anxiety.
- A noxious or corroding worry.
- The state of being filled with worry.
- See cark it.
- A large barrel for the storage of liquid, especially of alcoholic drinks.
- A casket; a small box for jewels.
- To put into a cask.
- An opaque, compact variety of barite, or heavy spar.
- a wooden dowel
- the brass bearing in the sheave of a block
- To unite (timbers etc.) by means of tenons or dowels in the edges or face.
- A male bird, especially:
- A rooster: a male gallinaceous bird, especially a male domestic chicken (
- A single word (in context) for a cock pigeon (male pigeon).
- A valve or tap for controlling flow in plumbing.
- The hammer of a firearm trigger mechanism.
- The notch of an arrow or crossbow.
- The penis.
- The circle at the end of the rink.
- The state of being cocked; an upward turn, tilt or angle.
- A stupid person.
- A boastful tilt of one's head or hat.
- A vane in the shape of a cock; a weathercock.
- A chief man; a leader or master.
- The crow of a cock, especially the first crow in the morning; cockcrow.
- The style or gnomon of a sundial.
- The indicator of a balance.
- The bridge piece that affords a bearing for the pivot of a balance in a clock or watch.
- To lift the cock of a firearm or crossbow; to prepare (a gun or crossbow) to be fired.
- To be prepared to be triggered by having the cock lifted.
- To erect; to turn up.
- To copulate with.
- To turn or twist something upwards or to one side; to lift or tilt (e.g. headwear) boastfully.
- To turn (the eye) obliquely and partially close its lid, as an expression of derision or insinuation.
- To strut; to swagger; to look big, pert, or menacing.
- To make a nestle-cock of, to pamper or spoil
- Vulva, vagina.
- A small conical pile of hay.
- To form into piles.
- Short for cock-boat, a type of small boat.
- Resembling or containing coke.
- The shelf- or bracket-shaped fruiting body of a bracket fungus (also called a shelf fungus), i.e. a mushroom growing off a tree trunk.
- A nose, especially a large one.
- To hit, especially on the head.
- A hairstyle involving the chemical straightening and styling of kinky hair.
- To chemically straighten tightly curled hair.
- A cuckold.
- A weakling.
- One who acts against the interests of their own race, class, religion, etc.
- To cuckold.
- To weaken or emasculate.
- To punish (someone) by putting them in a cucking stool.
- A marine cod-like fish in the ling family Lotidae,
- A pin; brooch; clasp
- A hollow or depression.
- To drive a sharp instrument into; incise with a jerk; puncture.
- To cut or mark with an incision; gash.
- To dig up weeds.
- A hollow or crack in timber.
- A feint, fake, or other move made by the player with the puck to deceive a goaltender or defenceman (or a series thereof).
- A quick detour.
- To avoid, go around, or dodge an object, person, or conversation topic; often by using trickery.
- To execute a deke.
- A table, frame, or case, usually with sloping top, but often with flat top, for the use of writers and readers. It often has a drawer or repository underneath.
- A reading table or lectern to support the book from which the liturgical service is read, differing from the pulpit from which the sermon is preached; also (especially in the United States), a pulpit. Hence, used symbolically for the clerical profession.
- To shut up, as in a desk; to treasure.
- Butea monosperma, a tree of southern Asia.
- An Indian percussion instrument.
- A thin, flat, circular plate or similar object.
- Something resembling a disk.
- An intervertebral disc.
- A vinyl phonograph/gramophone record.
- A floppy disk - removable magnetic medium or a hard disk - fixed, persistent digital storage.
- A disc - either a CD-ROM, an audio CD, a DVD or similar removable storage medium.
- A harrow.
- A ring- or cup-shaped enlargement of the flower receptacle or ovary that bears nectar or, less commonly, the stamens.
- to harrow
- A sub-genre of scouse house music containing distinctive percussion sounds.
- To hit.
- A car's engine.
- A fool.
- A poor player who makes mistakes.
- To provide a second person with a lift on a bicycle (formerly, on a horse), seating the passenger either in front (on the handlebar) or behind (sharing the seat); to travel as a passenger in such manner.
- A period of time at the end of day when the sun is below the horizon but before the full onset of night, especially the darker part of twilight.
- A darkish colour.
- To begin to lose light or whiteness; to grow dusk.
- To make dusk.
- Tending to darkness or blackness; moderately dark or black; dusky.
- An ethnic group of southeastern Nigeria.
- A city in Nevada, USA
- A god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.
- An insulated picnic cooler, using ice or refrigerated blocks to keep food and drinks cool.
- One of the four stomachs of a ruminating animal; rumen; paunch.
- To feign; dissemble; flatter.
- To move about in a quick, uneasy way; be constantly in motion.
- To give trouble to; vex; perplex.
- Restlessness or agitation caused by trifling annoyance.
- Any trifling peculiarity in regard to work which causes unnecessary trouble; teasing exactness of operation.
- A fig.
- A sore place on the foot.
- To carry away or about; carry; move.
- To drive away.
- To rouse; raise up.
- To move quickly; go off or fly out suddenly; turn out.
- A stroke; lash.
- A freak; trick; quirk.
- Ground-based anti-aircraft guns firing explosive shells.
- Anti-aircraft shell fire.
- Adverse criticism.
- A public-relations spokesperson.
- To have sexual intercourse, to copulate.
- To insert one’s penis, a dildo or other phallic object, into a specified orifice or cleft.
- To put in an extremely difficult or impossible situation.
- To break; to destroy.
- To defraud or otherwise treat badly.
- To play with; to tinker.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A sexual partner, especially a casual one.
- A highly contemptible person.
- A thing of no value, a small amount.
- Used as an intensifier for the words "yes" and "no".
- Do you say it out loud and proud?
- A type of fish-trap consisting of tubular nets that are supported by hoops.
- A cuckoo.
- A fool.
- A simpleton; a stupid or clumsy person.
- To stare or gape stupidly.
- To stare conspicuously.
- A carnival performer specializing in bizarre and unappetizing behavior.
- A person who is intensely interested in a particular field or hobby and often having limited or nonstandard social skills. Often used with an attributive noun.
- An expert in a technical field, particularly one having to do with computers.
- The subculture of geeks; an esoteric subject of interest that is marginal to the social mainstream; the philosophy, events, and physical artifacts of geeks.
- An unfashionable or socially undesirable person.
- To behave geekishly or in a socially awkward manner, especially when under the influence of drugs or other psycho-active substances, and exhibiting such marked characteristics as hyperactivity, repetitiveness, talkativeness, nervousness, irritability, or paranoia.
- A look.
- To look; to peep; to stare about intently.
- A city in the province of Limburg, Belgium
- A foolish or contemptible man.
- a fellow; person.
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- A cuckoo.
- A fool.
- To make foolish; to stupefy.
- The hybrid offspring of a goose and a duck
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- Pawnee Indian ceremony celebrating the union of Earth and Heaven and the genesis of life
- To listen attentively; often used in the imperative.
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- A diurnal predatory bird of the family Accipitridae, smaller than an eagle.
- Any diurnal predatory terrestrial bird of similar size and and appearance to the accipitrid hawks, such as a falcon
- An advocate of aggressive political positions and actions; a warmonger.
- An uncooperative or purely-selfish participant in an exchange or game, especially when untrusting, acquisitive or treacherous. Refers specifically to the Prisoner's Dilemma, alias the Hawk-Dove game.
- To hunt with a hawk.
- To make an attack while on the wing; to soar and strike like a hawk.
- A plasterer's tool, made of a flat surface with a handle below, used to hold an amount of plaster prior to application to the wall or ceiling being worked on: a mortarboard.
- To sell; to offer for sale by outcry in the street; to carry (merchandise) about from place to place for sale; to peddle.
- An effort to force up phlegm from the throat, accompanied with noise.
- To cough up something from one's throat.
- To try to cough up something from one's throat; to clear the throat loudly.
- A long walk.
- An abrupt increase.
- The snap of the ball to start a play.
- A command to a dog sled team, given by a musher
- To take a long walk for pleasure or exercise.
- To unfairly or suddenly raise a price.
- To snap the ball to start a play.
- To lean out to the windward side of a sailboat in order to counterbalance the effects of the wind on the sails.
- To pull up or tug upwards sharply.
- A hollow cavity.
- To dig out; make hollow; hollow out.
- To dig; dig into; pierce; penetrate; investigate; poke.
- To dig up; excavate.
- An outer garment worn in Europe in the Middle Ages.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- unpleasantly sticky; yucky; disgusting
- excessively sentimental
- unwell or upset; in a bad state of mind or health
- A Jew.
- ‘Jewish’, seen in a derogatory sense; cunning, supercilious.
- roe of the salmon, red caviar
- of the colour of ink, especially black ink; dark.
- spattered or stained with ink
- Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design.
- A seal
- To modify (weaponry) to disadvantage; especially, to attach and use a tracking device to covertly monitor its location.
- A sudden, often uncontrolled movement, especially of the body.
- A quick, often unpleasant tug or shake.
- A dull or stupid person.
- A person with unlikable or obnoxious qualities and behavior, typically mean, self-centered or disagreeable.
- The rate of change in acceleration with respect to time.
- A soda jerk.
- A lift in which the weight is taken with a quick motion from shoulder height to a position above the head with arms fully extended and held there for a brief time.
- To make a sudden uncontrolled movement.
- To give a quick, often unpleasant tug or shake.
- To masturbate.
- To beat, to hit.
- To throw with a quick and suddenly arrested motion of the hand.
- To lift using a jerk.
- To flout with contempt.
- A rich, spicy Jamaican marinade
- Meat cured by jerking; charqui.
- To cure (meat) by cutting it into strips and drying it, originally in the sun.
- A quick evasive turn.
- To make a quick evasive turn.
- To cause a vehicle to make a quick evasive turn.
- In the games of spoilfive and forty-five, to win the game by taking all five tricks; also, to attempt to win all five tricks, losing what has been already won if unsuccessful.
- in the nature of a joke; jocular
- A local governor or leader, especially in North Africa or Moorish Spain; an alcaide.
- The eleventh letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A knockout (in boxing).
- To knock someone out, or render them unconscious or senseless.
- To retch or heave as if to vomit.
- The cow parsley (
- animal dung
- Often with a prepositional phrase, or with and an infinitive: showing a quick and ardent responsiveness or willingness; eager, enthusiastic, interested.
- Fierce, intense, vehement.
- Having a fine edge or point; sharp.
- Acute of mind, having or expressing mental acuteness; penetrating, sharp.
- Acrimonious, bitter, piercing.
- Of cold, wind, etc.: cutting, penetrating, piercing, sharp.
- Extremely low as to be competitive.
- Brave, courageous; audacious, bold.
- To make cold, to sharpen.
- A prolonged wail for a deceased person.
- To utter a keen.
- To utter with a loud wailing voice or wordless cry.
- To mourn.
- Any of several large brown seaweeds (order Laminariales).
- The calcined ashes of seaweed, formerly used in glass and iodine manufacture.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- The edge between the pavement and the roadway, consisting of a line of kerbstones.
- To damage vehicle wheels or tyres by running into or over a pavement kerb.
- The eleventh letter of the Hebrew and Aramaic alphabets, kaph, especially when pronounced as a fricative (rather than as a plosive).
- A ravine; a steep cleft in a hillside.
- A chilblain or ulcer, especially on the heel of the foot.
- Affected with kibes.
- An oven or furnace or a heated chamber, for the purpose of hardening, burning, calcining or drying anything; for example, firing ceramics, curing or preserving tobacco, or drying grain.
- To bake in a kiln.
- To laugh loudly.
- To gasp for breath as in a severe fit of coughing.
- A convulsive fit of coughing or laughter; a sonorous indraft of breath; a whoop; a gasp of breath caused by laughing, coughing, or crying.
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, hair etc.
- A difficulty or flaw that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
- An unreasonable notion; a crotchet; a whim; a caprice.
- Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behaviour or taste.
- A positive 1-soliton solution to the Sine–Gordon equation
- To form a kink or twist.
- To be formed into a kink or twist.
- An osier basket used for catching fish.
- Upturned lower jaw of a male salmon at the end of its life as it returns to fresh water to spawn.
- to steal
- A ceremonial underground chamber in a Pueblo village.
- A lake between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda
- thousand lines of code
- Here n is an estimate of how many thousands of lines of code will be inspected. – Glen W. Russell, Experience with Inspection in Ultralarge-Scale Developments (Bell-Northern Research, 1991)
- A serf on the Balkan peninsula, especially one holding land under the estate system introduced by the Ottomans and retained in some areas by Austria-Hungary.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- To turn thread or yarn into a piece of fabric by forming loops that are pulled through each other. This can be done by hand with needles or by machine.
- To join closely and firmly together.
- To become closely and firmly joined; become compacted.
- To grow together.
- To combine from various elements.
- Of bones: to heal following a fracture.
- To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- A knitted garment.
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- A subdivision of currency, equal to one hundredth of a Nigerian naira.
- A two-masted Dutch vessel.
- A unit of measure in feudal Japan, the amount of rice needed to feed one person for a year.
- a granary, or village containing a granary, in the Mahgreb (Berber countries).
- of: a list of phrases obtained by searching a corpus, each containing the node (or word of interest) and its surrounding cotext.
- To look steadfastly; to gaze.
- name of modern usage.
- To play (in the sense opposed to work).
- of, pertaining to, or resembling a lake
- of the color of a lake pigment; murky
- transparent; said of blood rendered transparent by the action of some solvent agent on the red blood corpuscles
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- To remain concealed in order to ambush.
- To remain unobserved.
- To hang out or wait around a location, preferably without drawing attention to oneself.
- To view an internet forum without posting comments.
- The act of lurking.
- a town in (formerly in County Dublin), Ireland.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- a town in Wyoming, USA
- A hook with a long handle; scythe.
- A white liquid produced by the mammary glands of female mammals to nourish their young. From certain animals, especially cows, it is a common food for humans as a beverage or used to produce various dairy products such as butter, cheese, and yogurt.
- An individual serving of milk.
- A white (or whitish) liquid obtained from a vegetable source such as soy beans, coconuts, almonds, rice, oats. Also called non-dairy milk.
- The ripe, undischarged spat of an oyster.
- To express milk from (a mammal, especially a cow).
- To draw (milk) from the breasts or udder.
- To express any liquid (from any creature).
- To make excessive use of (a particular point in speech or writing, etc.); to exploit; to take advantage of (something).
- To give off small gas bubbles during the final part of the charging operation.
- misty; dark; murky
- A greasy secretion with a powerful odour, produced in a glandular sac of the male musk deer and used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- A similar secretion produced by the otter and the civet.
- A synthetic organic compound used as a substitute for the above.
- The odour of musk.
- The musk deer (genus Moschus).
- The (
- A plant of the genus ( the
- A plant of the genus Muscari; grape hyacinth.
- The scent of human genitalia when aroused or unwashed, especially that of a man.
- To perfume with musk.
- Either of two thorny shrublike trees, of the genus Ziziphus, from North Africa and the Middle East; is supposed to be the plant from which Christ's crown of thorns was made.
- The edible berry of
- to make naked, bare, expose
- A police spy or informer.
- An unpleasant person, especially one who makes things difficult for others; a spoilsport.
- To watch; to observe.
- To serve or behave as a spy or informer.
- To annoy or irritate.
- To complain.
- To stop.
- The part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals.
- The corresponding part in some other anatomical contexts.
- The part of a shirt, dress etc., which fits a person's neck.
- The tapered part of a bottle toward the opening.
- The slender tubelike extension atop an archegonium, through which the sperm swim to reach the egg.
- The extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it.
- The constriction between the root and crown of a tooth.
- The gorgerin of a capital.
- The small part of a gun between the chase and the swell of the muzzle.
- To hang by the neck; strangle; kill, eliminate
- To make love; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle; to canoodle.
- To drink rapidly.
- To decrease in diameter.
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- A small corner formed by two walls; an alcove.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- An English unit of land area, originally ¼ of a yardland but later 12½ or 20 acres.
- Describing the taste of wine that has been aged in oak and acquired tannins from the wood.
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- A Turkish tile-based game.
- A person from Oklahoma.
- The annual plant, Abelmoschus esculentus, possibly of Ethiopian origin, grown for its edible pods; the pods of the plant.
- The edible pods of the plant.
- One eighth of the total area of the celestial dome; used as a measure of cloudiness (one okta means that one eighth of the sky is obscured, two oktas that one quarter is obscured, and so on).
- The commercial center and largest city of Okanogan County, Washington by population
- Seventh-largest city in Russia, centre of Omsk oblast.
- A wile
- A small lobster.
Possible word length