Page 1 from 17
Total results: 16710
- In Egyptian mythology, (roughly) a spirit of the dead that has successfully completed its transition to the afterlife.
- anaplastic lymphoma kinase
- Any of several species of Arctic sea birds of the family Alcidae.
- Odd; out of order; perverse.
- Wrong, or not commonly used; clumsy; sinister
- Clumsy in performance or manners; unhandy; not dexterous; awkward.
- Awkward; uncomfortable.
- Perversely; in the wrong way.
- A Unix scripting language or the command line interface itself.
- The twenty-second letter of the Arabic alphabet.
- from Japanese.
- A Tibeto-Burman language spoken in Burma, China, and neighboring countries.
- Out of control, especially when armed and dangerous
- In a frenzy of violence, or on a killing spree; berserk
- One who runs amok; in Malay and Moro/Philippine culture, one who attempts to kill many others, especially expecting that they will be killed themselves.
- A cross shaped like a T with a loop at the top, the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the Egyptian triliteral and often used as an amulet or charm for this concept.
- A tau cross.
- An afro-centric symbol of spiritualism, esp. as it relates to Kemetic spiritualism.
- Anatomical uses.
- A rigid structure projecting from the front of a bird's face, used for pecking, grooming and for eating food.
- A similar structure forming the jaws of an octopus, turtle, etc.
- The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects and other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
- The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the hinge of a bivalve.
- The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing the canal.
- Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird, terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
- Figurative uses.
- Anything projecting or ending in a point like a beak, such as a promontory of land.
- A continuous slight projection ending in an arris or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water is thrown off.
- A toe clip.
- That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
- A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient galley, used as a ram to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a beakhead.
- Colloquial uses.
- The human nose, especially one that is large and pointed.
- A justice of the peace, magistrate, headmaster or other person of authority.
- Strike with the beak.
- Seize with the beak.
- A small island north of New Guinea.
- A language spoken on this island and others near it.
- A squawk.
- A discordant note.
- To squawk.
- To incorrectly play a note by hitting a partial other than the one intended.
- To defecate.
- To kill.
- An act of defecation.
- To laugh.
- A rich, sweet dessert food, typically made of flour, sugar and eggs and baked in an oven, and often covered in icing.
- A small mass of baked dough, especially a thin loaf from unleavened dough.
- A thin wafer-shaped mass of fried batter; a griddlecake or pancake.
- A block of any of various dense materials.
- A trivially easy task or responsibility; from a piece of cake.
- Coat (something) with a crust of solid material.
- To form into a cake, or mass.
- To cackle like a goose.
- Resembling cake in texture.
- To be filled with worry, solicitude, or troubles.
- To bring worry, vexation, or anxiety.
- A noxious or corroding worry.
- The state of being filled with worry.
- See cark it.
- A large barrel for the storage of liquid, especially of alcoholic drinks.
- A casket; a small box for jewels.
- To put into a cask.
- An opaque, compact variety of barite, or heavy spar.
- a wooden dowel
- the brass bearing in the sheave of a block
- To unite (timbers etc.) by means of tenons or dowels in the edges or face.
- A pin; brooch; clasp
- A hollow or depression.
- To drive a sharp instrument into; incise with a jerk; puncture.
- To cut or mark with an incision; gash.
- To dig up weeds.
- A hollow or crack in timber.
- Butea monosperma, a tree of southern Asia.
- An Indian percussion instrument.
- One of the four stomachs of a ruminating animal; rumen; paunch.
- Ground-based anti-aircraft guns firing explosive shells.
- Anti-aircraft shell fire.
- Adverse criticism.
- A public-relations spokesperson.
- A cuckoo.
- A fool.
- A simpleton; a stupid or clumsy person.
- To stare or gape stupidly.
- To stare conspicuously.
- Pawnee Indian ceremony celebrating the union of Earth and Heaven and the genesis of life
- To listen attentively; often used in the imperative.
- A basket made of rushes or flags, as for carrying fish.
- A diurnal predatory bird of the family Accipitridae, smaller than an eagle.
- Any diurnal predatory terrestrial bird of similar size and and appearance to the accipitrid hawks, such as a falcon
- An advocate of aggressive political positions and actions; a warmonger.
- An uncooperative or purely-selfish participant in an exchange or game, especially when untrusting, acquisitive or treacherous. Refers specifically to the Prisoner's Dilemma, alias the Hawk-Dove game.
- To hunt with a hawk.
- To make an attack while on the wing; to soar and strike like a hawk.
- A plasterer's tool, made of a flat surface with a handle below, used to hold an amount of plaster prior to application to the wall or ceiling being worked on: a mortarboard.
- To sell; to offer for sale by outcry in the street; to carry (merchandise) about from place to place for sale; to peddle.
- An effort to force up phlegm from the throat, accompanied with noise.
- To cough up something from one's throat.
- To try to cough up something from one's throat; to clear the throat loudly.
- roe of the salmon, red caviar
- Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design.
- A seal
- To modify (weaponry) to disadvantage; especially, to attach and use a tracking device to covertly monitor its location.
- A local governor or leader, especially in North Africa or Moorish Spain; an alcaide.
- The eleventh letter of many Semitic alphabets/abjads (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A knockout (in boxing).
- To knock someone out, or render them unconscious or senseless.
- The eleventh letter of the Hebrew and Aramaic alphabets, kaph, especially when pronounced as a fricative (rather than as a plosive).
- A ceremonial underground chamber in a Pueblo village.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- a granary, or village containing a granary, in the Mahgreb (Berber countries).
- name of modern usage.
- To play (in the sense opposed to work).
- of, pertaining to, or resembling a lake
- of the color of a lake pigment; murky
- transparent; said of blood rendered transparent by the action of some solvent agent on the red blood corpuscles
- A hook with a long handle; scythe.
- Either of two thorny shrublike trees, of the genus Ziziphus, from North Africa and the Middle East; is supposed to be the plant from which Christ's crown of thorns was made.
- The edible berry of
- to make naked, bare, expose
- A police spy or informer.
- An unpleasant person, especially one who makes things difficult for others; a spoilsport.
- To watch; to observe.
- To serve or behave as a spy or informer.
- To annoy or irritate.
- To complain.
- To stop.
- Describing the taste of wine that has been aged in oak and acquired tannins from the wood.
- The annual plant, Abelmoschus esculentus, possibly of Ethiopian origin, grown for its edible pods; the pods of the plant.
- The edible pods of the plant.
- One eighth of the total area of the celestial dome; used as a measure of cloudiness (one okta means that one eighth of the sky is obscured, two oktas that one quarter is obscured, and so on).
- The commercial center and largest city of Okanogan County, Washington by population
- A wile
- A small lobster.
- A tribe or group of Native Americans of the Eastern Woodlands culture group.
- The lect (variously considered a language or a member of a group of dialects) spoken by these Native Americans.
- Any member of this group of Native Americans.
- soap prepared for use in milling cloth
- To be saturated with liquid by being immersed in it.
- To immerse in liquid to the point of saturation or thorough permeation.
- To penetrate or permeate by saturation.
- To allow (especially a liquid) to be absorbed; to take in, receive. (usually + up)
- To take money from.
- To drink intemperately or gluttonously.
- To heat (a metal) before shaping it.
- To hold a kiln at a particular temperature for a given period of time.
- To absorb; to drain.
- An immersion in water etc.
- A drunkard.
- A low-lying depression that fills with water after rain.
- To masturbate.
- To masturbate; to give a hand job to.
- To engage in wank.
- An act of masturbation.
- An undesirable person
- Nonsense, rubbish.
- Ridiculous, circular or inappropriately elaborate argument about something, especially if obnoxious, pretentious or unsubstantial.
- Lacking in force (usually strength) or ability.
- Unable to sustain a great weight, pressure, or strain.
- Unable to withstand temptation, urgency, persuasion, etc.; easily impressed, moved, or overcome; accessible; vulnerable.
- Dilute, lacking in taste or potency.
- Displaying a particular kind of inflection, including:
- Regular in inflection, lacking vowel changes and having a past tense with -d- or -t-.
- Showing less distinct grammatical endings.
- Definite in meaning, often used with a definite article or similar word.
- That does not ionize completely into anions and cations in a solution.
- One of the four fundamental forces associated with nuclear decay.
- Bad or uncool.
- Having a narrow range of logical consequences; narrowly applicable. (Often contrasted with a statement which implies it.)
- Resulting from, or indicating, lack of judgment, discernment, or firmness; unwise; hence, foolish.
- Not having power to convince; not supported by force of reason or truth; unsustained.
- Lacking in vigour or expression.
- Not prevalent or effective, or not felt to be prevalent; not potent; feeble.
- Tending towards lower prices.
- Lacking contrast.
- The woodhen, a flightless bird of New Zealand.
- to vomit, usually because of intoxication
- to talk incessantly
- To make ready; prepare.
- To dispose; be set in order for; be destined or intended for.
- To set open; open.
- To draw (stitches etc.) tight.
- To hit, strike, especially with a cane or whip.
- To crack (a whip).
- Towards the back or rear; backwards.
- In the rear; a distance behind.
- By surprise; startled; dumbfounded.
- Backward against the mast; said of the sails when pressed by the wind from the "wrong" (forward) side, or of a ship when its sails are set that way.
- An abacus.
- in the sunshine; basking.
- A wine seller; one who is subject to the abkari tax.
- In a cocked or turned-up fashion.
- One of the ancient kingdoms of Mesopotamia, located in northern Babylonia.
- The capital city of the kingdom of Akkad of uncertain location.
- The name of many places in the United States of America:
- a town in Alabama.
- a statutory town in Colorado
- a town in Henry Township, Indiana.
- a small city in Iowa.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas.
- a village in Michigan.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri.
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- a village in New York.
- a large city in Ohio
- a borough in Pennsylvania.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- A diminutive of the male given name Alexander.
- Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- A synthetic resin derived from a reaction between alcohol and certain acids, used as a base for many laminates, paints and coatings.
- In a frantic or frenzied and violent manner; in a confused, jumbled or uncontrolled state.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- The hooked goad that is used in India to control elephants.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- a tiny village in Nebraska, USA.
- In a vertical line, the cable having been sufficiently hove in to bring the ship over it.
- In a reeking condition.
- A native or resident of the state of Arkansas in the United States of America.
- An Ancient Greek pottery vessel used to pour small quantities of liquids such as oil.
- To call from or back again.
- Not asleep; conscious.
- Alert, aware.
- To become conscious after having slept.
- To cause (somebody) to stop sleeping.
- to excite or to stir up something latent.
- To rouse from a state of inaction or dormancy.
- To come out of a state of inaction or dormancy.
- In an unlucky or perverse manner.
- At work; in action.
- A Central and Eastern European coffee cake flavored with orange rind, rum, almonds, and raisins
- That has been cooked by baking.
- High on marijuana.
- An ancient city and centre of Buddhism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism and capital of Bactria.
- One of the 34 provinces in Afghanistan, Balkh Province.
- Refusing to proceed or cooperate.
- Having bark.
- Prone to bark, to make the sound of a dog.
- Sounding like the bark of a dog.
- In billiards, the area of the table lying behind the line from which the cue ball is initially shot, and from which a ball in hand must be played.
- Beaked: having a beak.
- Beak-like: resembling a beak.
- Having a nose which resembles a beak.
- (of a gesture) Made using a beak; (of a sound) produced through a beak.
- Without color; pale; pallid.
- Desolate and exposed; swept by cold winds.
- Unhappy; cheerless; miserable; emotionally desolate.
- A small European river fish (Alburnus alburnus), of the family Cyprinidae.
- A fern; bracken.
- A thicket, or an area overgrown with briers etc.
- A tool used for breaking flax or hemp.
- A type of machine for bending sheet metal. (See wikipedia.)
- A large, heavy harrow for breaking clods after ploughing; a drag.
- To bruise and crush; to knead
- To pulverise with a harrow
- An ancient engine of war analogous to the crossbow and ballista.
- The winch of a crossbow.
- The handle of a pump.
- A device used to slow or stop the motion of a wheel, or of a vehicle, by friction; also, the controls or apparatus used to engage such a mechanism such as the pedal in a car.
- The act of braking, of using a brake to slow down a machine or vehicle
- An apparatus for testing the power of a steam engine or other motor by weighing the amount of friction that the motor will overcome; a friction brake.
- Something used to retard or stop some action, process etc.
- A baker's kneading trough.
- A device used to confine or prevent the motion of an animal.
- A frame for confining a refractory horse while the smith is shoeing him.
- An enclosure to restrain cattle, horses, etc.
- A cart or carriage without a body, used in breaking in horses.
- A carriage for transporting shooting parties and their equipment.
- That part of a carriage, as of a movable battery, or engine, which enables it to turn.
- To operate (a) brake(s).
- To be stopped or slowed (as if) by braking.
- A cage.
- A type of torture instrument.
- Overgrown with bracken or brushwood
- A metal bridle formerly used as a torture device to hold the head of a scold and restrain the tongue
- A sort of bridle with wooden side pieces.
- To put someone in the branks
- To hold up and toss the head; applied to horses as spurning the bit.
- To prance; to caper.
- Empty with nothing left to smoke but ash.
- Resembling or relating to cawk.
- To toss up the head frequently, as a horse to avoid the restraint of the bridle.
- To not broadcast a medal-winning or otherwise memorable or crucial figure skating performance. This only occurs in a live broadcast because the network has to decide which programs to show and which to cut in the interest of time. If a skater is low in the rankings and several big names are set to skate later, that performance may be cut.
- The large spiral shell of several species of sea conch, much used in making bangles, especially
- To eat noisily; to champ or chomp
- Charcoal; coke.
- A pointed stick, which when placed with the point against another piece of wood, and spun rapidly in alternate directions with the aid of attached cords, produces enough heat by friction to create a fire; a fire-drill.
- A wine glass.
- A variety of hunting bird.
- To reduce by strong heat, as to produce charcoal or coke; to calcine.
- To make a grating sound.
- To honk or cry like a goose.
- The cry of a goose, or other bird.
- Gossip; a gossip.
- The barnacle goose.
- form of (the barnacle goose)
- A loud, hard sound of metal hitting metal.
- To make a clanking sound
- To cause to sound with a clank.
- definition (see
- a city in South Dakota, USA, and county seat of Clark County.
- A long outer garment worn over the shoulders covering the back; a cape, often with a hood.
- A blanket-like covering, often metaphorical.
- That which conceals; a disguise or pretext.
- A text replacement for an IRC user's hostname or IP address, making the user less identifiable.
- To cover as with a cloak.
- To render or become invisible via futuristic technology.
- To form cracks.
- To break apart under pressure.
- To become debilitated by psychological pressure.
- To break down or yield, especially under interrogation or torture.
- To make a cracking sound.
- To change rapidly in register.
- To alternate between high and low register in the process of eventually lowering.
- To make a sharply humorous comment.
- To make a crack or cracks in.
- To break open or crush to small pieces by impact or stress.
- To strike forcefully.
- To open slightly.
- To cause to yield under interrogation or other pressure. (Figurative)
- To solve a difficult problem.
- To overcome a security system or a component.
- To cause to make a sharp sound.
- To tell (a joke).
- To break down (a complex molecule), especially with the application of heat: to pyrolyse.
- To circumvent software restrictions such as regional coding or time limits.
- To open a canned beverage, or any packaged drink or food.
- To brag, boast.
- To be ruined or impaired; to fail.
- thin and usually jagged space opened in a previously solid material.
- A narrow opening.
- A sharply humorous comment; a wisecrack.
- A potent, relatively cheap, addictive variety of cocaine; often a rock, usually smoked through a crack-pipe.
- The sharp sound made when solid material breaks.
- Any sharp sound.
- An attempt at something.
- The space between the buttocks.
- Conviviality; fun; good conversation, chat, gossip, or humorous storytelling; good company.
- A program or procedure designed to circumvent restrictions or usage limits on software.
- a meaningful chat.
- Extremely silly, absurd or off-the-wall ideas or prose.
- The tone of voice when changed at puberty.
- A mental flaw; a touch of craziness; partial insanity.
- A crazy or crack-brained person.
- A boast; boasting.
- Breach of chastity.
- A boy, generally a pert, lively boy.
- A brief time; an instant; a jiffy.
- Highly trained and competent.
- Excellent, first-rate, superior, top-notch.
- The sound produced by anything that creaks; a creaking.
- To make a prolonged sharp grating or squeaking sound, as by the friction of hard substances.
- To produce a creaking sound with.
- A faint, harsh sound made in the throat.
- The cry of a frog or toad. (see also ribbit)
- The cry of various birds, such as the raven or corncrake, or other creatures.
- To make a croak.
- To utter in a low, hoarse voice.
- To make its cry.
- To die.
- To kill someone or something.
- To complain; especially, to grumble; to forebode evil; to utter complaints or forebodings habitually.
- The capital city of Senegal
- form of, 10 items of some commodity taken as a unit.
- The capital of Bangladesh.
- A genre of instrumental folk music from Ukraine
- A town in Oklahoma.
- One who fakes something.
- An impostor or impersonator.
- A thief.
- A peddler of petty things.
- A workman who dresses things up.
- Consisting of flakes or of small, loose masses; lying, or cleaving off, in flakes or layers; flakelike.
- Unreliable; prone to make plans with others but then abandon those plans.
- Unreliable; working only on an intermittent basis; prone to cease functioning properly.
- a flake; a thread or twist
- awkward, ungainly; lacking grace or dexterity in movement
- A fool or odd mannered person.
- Resembling or characteristic of a hawk.
- A hypothetical grouping of a dozen small language families spoken in California, Arizona, and Mexico.
- A Ukrainian national dance in 2/4 time.
- A nickname for a person whose name is Jack, whose surname is Jackson, or similar.
- A South American striped frog, Pseudis paradoxa, remarkable for having a tadpole larger than the adult form.
- fascinated with objects, events, or experiences which seem ordinary to others.
- name, a fanciful variant of
- The Nuristani language family.
- (1883–1924), a German-language writer from Prague.
- The proboscis monkey.
- name, a rare modern spelling variant of Caleb.
- name, one of the modern spelling variants of Kaylee.
- ideal perfect beauty in the physical and moral sense, especially as perceived by Greek philosophers
- The ruler of Mathura and brother of Devaki.
- A city in Utah, USA, and county seat of Kane County.
- A white or cream-coloured robe worn by men in the African Great Lakes region.
- A silky fibre obtained from the silk-cotton tree used for insulation and stuffing for pillows, mattresses, etc.
- A qanat, in parts of central southern Asia.
- A porridge made from boiled buckwheat groats, or sometimes from other cereal groats.
- A 20th-century variant of Kathy, diminutive of the female given name Katherine and related names.
- A diminutive of the female given names Katherine, Kathleen, and related names; also used as a formal given name.
- name or any of its variant spellings.
- The Missouri, Kansas and Texas (M.K.T) Railroad.
- A king and a ten as a starting hand in Texas hold 'em due to phonetic similarity with "K-T"
- name definition
- A type of small boat, covered over by a surface deck, powered by the occupant or occupants using a double-bladed paddle in a sitting position, from a hole in the surface deck
- To use a kayak, to travel or race in a kayak.
- To traverse a body of water by kayak.
- name, a modern invention possibly based on Kay or Michaela
- A pin used in kayles or skittles.
- A simple musical instrument (membranophone) consisting of a pipe with a hole in it, producing a buzzing sound when the player hums into it.
- to play the kazoo.
- John Keats (1795–1821),
- name used in Ireland and Scotland.
- State in western Malaysia which has Alor Setar as its capital.
- Hibiscus cannabinus, an annual or biennial herbaceous plant found mainly in Asia.
- The fibre obtained from this plant, similar to jute.
- a city, peninsula and river in Alaska
- Any acetal derived from a ketone.
- A dull, yellowish-brown colour, the colour of dust.
- Khaki green, a dull green colour.
- A strong cloth of wool or cotton, often used for military or other uniforms.
- A soldier wearing a khaki uniform.
- A British person (from the colour of the uniform of British troops).
- Dust-coloured; of the colour of dust.
- A member of an Indian tribe, the majority of whom live in Meghalaya.
- The Austro-Asiatic language of the Khasi people.
- A small historical town in present-day Uzbekistan, former capital of Khwarezm, and a former khanate.
- A member of a Gujarati-speaking Shiite sect who take the Aga Khan as their religious head.
- A form of divorce initiated by a wife.
- Pterocarpus angolensis, the African teak.
- a species of small freshwater fish, also known as the alewife.
- A temple for practitioners of Buddhism within Burma.Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed., 1989.
- A large wild ass, native to the Tibetan Plateau.
- A tree native to South Asia, formerly
- An extinct Hawaiian bird,
- A member of an indigenous people of North America, currently in Oklahoma.
- A language of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.
- A town in Colorado, USA
- A city and a county in Kansas.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- name used by Hindus.
- name used by Hindus and Sikhs.
- in its various senses.
Possible word length