Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3617
- Odd; out of order; perverse.
- Wrong, or not commonly used; clumsy; sinister
- Clumsy in performance or manners; unhandy; not dexterous; awkward.
- Awkward; uncomfortable.
- Perversely; in the wrong way.
- A Unix scripting language or the command line interface itself.
- A large, oriental, round-bottomed cooking pan.
- To prepare oriental cuisine using a wok.
- To belch, to burp.
- To vomit.
- To drive a sharp instrument into; incise with a jerk; puncture.
- To cut or mark with an incision; gash.
- To dig up weeds.
- A hollow or crack in timber.
- A cuckoo.
- A fool.
- A simpleton; a stupid or clumsy person.
- To stare or gape stupidly.
- To stare conspicuously.
- A cuckoo.
- A fool.
- To make foolish; to stupefy.
- A diurnal predatory bird of the family Accipitridae, smaller than an eagle.
- Any diurnal predatory terrestrial bird of similar size and and appearance to the accipitrid hawks, such as a falcon
- An advocate of aggressive political positions and actions; a warmonger.
- An uncooperative or purely-selfish participant in an exchange or game, especially when untrusting, acquisitive or treacherous. Refers specifically to the Prisoner's Dilemma, alias the Hawk-Dove game.
- To hunt with a hawk.
- To make an attack while on the wing; to soar and strike like a hawk.
- A plasterer's tool, made of a flat surface with a handle below, used to hold an amount of plaster prior to application to the wall or ceiling being worked on: a mortarboard.
- To sell; to offer for sale by outcry in the street; to carry (merchandise) about from place to place for sale; to peddle.
- An effort to force up phlegm from the throat, accompanied with noise.
- To cough up something from one's throat.
- To try to cough up something from one's throat; to clear the throat loudly.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- of: a list of phrases obtained by searching a corpus, each containing the node (or word of interest) and its surrounding cotext.
- A wile
- A small lobster.
- To masturbate.
- To masturbate; to give a hand job to.
- To engage in wank.
- An act of masturbation.
- An undesirable person
- Nonsense, rubbish.
- Ridiculous, circular or inappropriately elaborate argument about something, especially if obnoxious, pretentious or unsubstantial.
- Lacking in force (usually strength) or ability.
- Unable to sustain a great weight, pressure, or strain.
- Unable to withstand temptation, urgency, persuasion, etc.; easily impressed, moved, or overcome; accessible; vulnerable.
- Dilute, lacking in taste or potency.
- Displaying a particular kind of inflection, including:
- Regular in inflection, lacking vowel changes and having a past tense with -d- or -t-.
- Showing less distinct grammatical endings.
- Definite in meaning, often used with a definite article or similar word.
- That does not ionize completely into anions and cations in a solution.
- One of the four fundamental forces associated with nuclear decay.
- Bad or uncool.
- Having a narrow range of logical consequences; narrowly applicable. (Often contrasted with a statement which implies it.)
- Resulting from, or indicating, lack of judgment, discernment, or firmness; unwise; hence, foolish.
- Not having power to convince; not supported by force of reason or truth; unsustained.
- Lacking in vigour or expression.
- Not prevalent or effective, or not felt to be prevalent; not potent; feeble.
- Tending towards lower prices.
- Lacking contrast.
- Any period of seven consecutive days.
- A period of seven days beginning with Sunday or Monday.
- A subdivision of the month into longer periods of work days punctuated by shorter weekend periods of days for markets, rest, or religious observation such as a sabbath.
- Seven days after ( definition before) a specified date.
- The woodhen, a flightless bird of New Zealand.
- Awake: conscious and not asleep.
- Alert and aware of what is going on, especially in social justice contexts.
- An overly studious person, particularly student; a nerd.
- A policy wonk or other intellectual expert.
- Not asleep; conscious.
- Alert, aware.
- To become conscious after having slept.
- To cause (somebody) to stop sleeping.
- to excite or to stir up something latent.
- To rouse from a state of inaction or dormancy.
- To come out of a state of inaction or dormancy.
- In an unlucky or perverse manner.
- At work; in action.
- Resembling or relating to cawk.
- An intersection where tracks or roads cross (often used in place names).
- A marketplace or open area in a city or village.
- A courtyard.
- form of (type of worm)
- awkward, ungainly; lacking grace or dexterity in movement
- Resembling or characteristic of a hawk.
- A member of an indigenous people of North America, currently in Oklahoma.
- A language of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.
- A town in Colorado, USA
- A city and a county in Kansas.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A small hill. Alternate form of knoll, common in Scotland and Ulster; also known in England.
- Identified as a specific type; renowned, famous.
- Researched, accepted, familiar.
- A variable or constant whose value is already determined.
- Any fact or situation which is known or familiar.
- All persons, singular and plural, present form of know.
- A slattern; a mawk.
- maggoty, full of maggots.
- Shrewd, sly; often also characterised by a sarcastic sense of humour.
- Lithe; nimble.
- A deception; a trick.
- Fashionably elegant.
- A fashionably elegant person.
- Ostentation; bravado.
- To swagger, to show off.
- To cause to make a sharp twanging sound.
- A sharp pinch or jerk; a twist or twitch.
- A slight adjustment or modification.
- Trouble; distress; tweag.
- A prostitute.
- An additional input to a block cipher, used in conjunction with the key to select the permutation computed by the cipher.
- To pinch and pull with a sudden jerk and twist; to twitch.
- To adjust slightly; to fine-tune.
- To twit or tease.
- To abuse methamphetamines, especially crystal meth.
- To exhibit symptoms of methamphetamine abuse, such as extreme nervousness, compulsiveness, erratic motion, excitability; possibly a blend of twitch and freak.
- To exhibit extreme nervousness, evasiveness when confronted by law enforcement or other authority (e.g., customs agents, border patrol, teacher, etc.), mimicking methamphetamine abuse symptoms.
- To twinkle; sparkle
- To wink
- A twinkle; a glint.
- The chaffinch.
- A young, attractive, slim male, usually having little body hair.
- A weak or effeminate man, whether gay or not.
- A player in a multi-user dungeon who engages in obnoxious or abusive behaviour.
- A generic term for correction fluid or correction tape.
- A soft, earthy, dark-coloured rock or clay derived from the alteration of basalt.
- Amusingly eccentric or irrational.
- An amusingly eccentric or irrational person.
- To wake or rouse from sleep.
- To awaken; to cease to sleep; to be awakened; to stir.
- Watchful; vigilant; alert.
- One who wakes somebody or something.
- A community holiday, particularly in northern England.
- Like a wanker; foolish or objectionable.
- Moist; damp; clammy.
- Juicy; mellow.
- Pliant; soft.
- An extinct small New Zealand owl with short wings and long legs that lived chiefly on the ground,
- The sound of a heavy strike.
- The strike itself.
- The stroke itself, regardless of its successful impact.
- An attempt, a chance, a turn, a go, originally an attempt to beat someone or something.
- A share, a portion, especially a full share or large portion.
- A whack-up: a division of an amount into separate whacks, a divvying up.
- A deal, an agreement.
- The backslash,
- To hit, slap or strike.
- To kill, bump off.
- To share or parcel out; often with up.
- To beat convincingly; to thrash.
- To surpass; to better.
- Dicksonia squarrosa, a fast-growing tree fern endemic to New Zealand.
- Certain edible sea snails, especially, any one of numerous species of large marine gastropods belonging to Buccinidae, much used as food in Europe.
- A stripe or mark; a ridge; a wale.
- A kind of mollusk; a whelk.
- The scoter.
- A quick, light sweeping motion.
- A kitchen utensil, made from stiff wire loops fixed to a handle, used for whipping (or a mechanical device with the same function).
- A bunch of twigs or hair etc, used as a brush.
- A small handheld broom with a small (or no) handle.
- A plane used by coopers for evening chines.
- A kind of cape, forming part of a woman's dress.
- An impertinent fellow.
- To move something with quick light sweeping motions.
- In cooking, to whip e.g. eggs or cream.
- To move something rapidly and with no warning.
- To move lightly and nimbly.
- The card game whist.
- A large yellow water lily ( found in the northwestern United States.
- The seeds of this water lily, eaten by the Klamath and others.
- Lopsided, misaligned or off-centre.
- Feeble, shaky or rickety.
- Suffering from intermittent bugs; broken.
- Generally incorrect.
- A subgenre of electronic music employing unstable rhythms, complex time signatures, and mid-range synths.
- Technically worded, in the style of jargon.
- Of or pertaining to work; tending to be too serious about work.
- To cause, inflict or let out, especially if causing harm or injury.
- To inflict or take vengeance on.
- To take vengeance for.
- Revenge; vengeance; furious passion; resentment.
- Punishment; retribution; payback.
- Something or someone that has been ruined.
- The remains of something that has been severely damaged or worn down.
- An event in which something is damaged through collision.
- Goods, etc. cast ashore by the sea after a shipwreck.
- To destroy violently; to cause severe damage to something, to a point where it no longer works, or is useless.
- To ruin or dilapidate.
- (Australia) To dismantle wrecked vehicles or other objects, to reclaim any useful parts.
- To involve in a wreck; hence, to cause to suffer ruin; to balk of success, and bring disaster on.
- To twist; turn
- To wrench; strain
- A painful muscular spasm in the neck or back
- To recognize.
- To acknowledge; confess (often with "of" or "on"), reveal, disclose, realize
- To cause to become awake.
- To bring into action (something previously dormant); to stimulate.
- To stop sleeping.
- Rare passive participle of awake.
- To avenge, take vengeance on.
- To play a trick on, make a fool of.
- To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- To acknowledge; own; confess.
- To watch; keep watch over; guard.
- To awaken thoroughly; keep awake.
- To spend waking; watch through.
- To keep awake; watch.
- To watch over (a body); observe funeral rites for.
- To work around or about; surround.
- To work, as with thread; embroider.
- To work over; rework; edit.
- a secluded or private walk
- Work done in addition to one's normal duties; subordinate or secondary business; work done on the side.
- Someone who gawks; someone who stares stupidly.
- A town in the Scottish Borders region
- Curved like a hawk's bill; crooked.
- A Wahhabi religious militia of the early twentieth century, made up of traditionally nomadic tribesmen, which formed a significant military force of the ruler Ibn Saud and played an important role in establishing him as ruler of most of the Arabian Peninsula in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Indoor work, work done inside the home.
- To work in or into.
- To work or operate within.
- A prefecture in Japan. Its capital is Takamatsu.
- A slot into which a precision attachment (a key) is fitted.
- An the spoken by the
- An old unit of measure for grain, used in Constantinople.
- An earth of a blackish or deep blue colour.
- One of a tribe of American Indians, distantly related to the Shoshones, who formerly inhabited the region around the head waters of the
- A low, spreading weed of the genus especially
- common in sandy soil.
- definition one who knows.
- A district of Bristol, England between Brislington, Whitchurch, Hengrove and Totterdown
- The leader of a kot or fort in medieval India.
- The local police chief or magistrate of an Indian town or city.
- To kneel and bow low enough to touch one’s forehead to the ground.
- To bow very deeply.
- To act in a very submissive manner.
- The act of kowtowing.
- in the Middle East. Official name: State of Kuwait.
- Malawi's major currency unit; 100 tambala = 1 kwacha.
- Zambia's major currency unit; 100 ngwee = 1 kwacha.
- The currency of Angola, divided into a hundred cêntimos.
- Any of several place names, see Wikipedia:Newark.
- a town in Nottinghamshire, England: see
- an unincorporated community in Beech Creek Township, Indiana, USA.
- a city in New Jersey, USA
- a city in Ohio, USA
- The act of redoing, correcting, or rebuilding.
- Taking unsaleable food and using it in the manufacture of other food.
- Something redone, corrected or rebuilt.
- Work done to correct defects associated with a deliverable product, plus any root cause analysis effort to identify the task(s) to be re-performed.
- An instance of reworking.
- To redo, correct, or rebuild.
- Twisted at an angle.
- Biased, distorted (pertaining to statistics or information).
- A long pin, normally made of metal or wood, used to secure food during cooking.
- A scenario in which a piece attacks a more valuable piece which, if it moves aside, reveals a less valuable piece. Compare pin.W
- To impale on a skewer.
- To attack a piece which has a less valuable piece behind it.
- To severely mock or discredit.
- An airplane route.
- An elevated road.
- a elevated corridor connecting buildings above ground level.
- A shrill noise, especially made by a voice or bird; a yell, scream, or call.
- A four-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- The American night heron.
- A warning message indicating a possible error.
- To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- To speak out; to protest.
- To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- To produce a warning message, indicating a possible error.
- To set or transmit a four-digit transponder code. definition
- Rather posh, elegant, ritzy.
- The act of thwacking; a strike or blow, especially with a flat implement.
- A heavy slapping sound.
- To whack or hit with a flat implement.
- To beat.
- To fill to overflow.
- A business owner; boss (especially a Malaysian Chinese).
- Involving minor adjustments.
- To undo the process of knowing, to lose knowledge of something.
- To undo or destroy (work previously done).
- The lack or absence of work; worklessness.
- Occurring during wakefulness.
- The act of becoming awake from sleep, or a period of time spent awake.
- A walkie-talkie
- A pallet truck, beside which the operator must walk
- A person who wanks.
- An idiot, a stupid person.
- An annoying person.
- An ineffectual person.
- Someone who shows off too much, a poser or poseur; someone who is overly self-satisfied.
- A salted, and lightly smoked herring or mackerel; a bloater.
- Weak; unstable; unreliable; not to be depended on.
- To make weaker.
- To become weaker.
- Said of one proposition with respect to another one: that the latter entails the former, but the former does not entail the latter.
- Frail, sickly or of a delicate constitution; weak.
- With little strength or force
- The fisher (Martes pennanti).
- A bird, the meadow pipit.
- The sky, the upper air; the heavens.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- Having whelks, ridges, or protuberances.
- streaked; striated
- Evil or mischievous by nature.
- Excellent; awesome; masterful; deeply satisfying.
- Very, extremely.
- People who are wicked.wicked as a noun in the Oxford dictionary
- Having a wick.
- Infested with maggots.
- A small door or gate, especially one associated with a larger one.
- A small window or other opening, sometimes fitted with a grating.
- A service window, as in a bank or train station, where a customer conducts transactions with a teller; a at a rail station.
- One of the two wooden structures at each end of the pitch, consisting of three vertical stumps and two bails; the target for the bowler, defended by the batsman.
- A dismissal; the act of a batsman getting out.
- The period during which two batsmen bat together.
- The pitch.
- The area around the stumps where the batsmen stand.
- Any of the small arches through which the balls are driven.
- A temporary metal attachment that one attaches one's lift-ticket to.
- A shelter made from tree boughs, used by lumbermen.
- The space between the pillars, in post-and-stall working.
- An angle bracket when used in HTML.
- 5th SS Division
- name, in modern use often transferred back from the surname.
- A town in Saskatchewan, Canada.
- A whisket, or basket.
- Designed or executed in a particular manner or to a particular degree.
- Processed in a particular way; prepared via labour.
- Decorated or embellished; embroidered.
- Prepared so as to demonstrate the steps required.
- A person who performs labor for a living, especially manual labor.
- A nonreproductive social insect, such as ant, bee, termite or wasp.
- A female ant, bee, termite or wasp.
- A thread performing one instance of a particular task within a program.
- Damaged, run-down.
- participle of recognized, confessed, disclosed, revealed, realized
- Domestic or other work of all kinds.
- A special ward in Tokyo that is surrounded by (clockwise from north) Adachi, Sumida, Taitō, Bunkyō and Kita special wards
- A painting, drawing, sculpture or other piece of creative, visual art
- Artistic work.
- The graphical elements to be included in a reproduced work.
- An act of awaking, or ceasing to sleep.
- In a backwards direction.
- Lacking dexterity in the use of the hands, or of instruments.
- Not easily managed or effected; embarrassing.
- Lacking social skills, or uncomfortable with social interaction.
- Perverse; adverse; difficult to handle.
- Someone or something that is awkward.
- A handsaw that has a reinforcement along its back edge.
- Any of various towns, including:
- a town in Maine, USA.
- to labour, toil; belabour
- To avenge; revenge.
- To give vent in action to (incensed feelings).
- To wreck completely; ruin; destroy.
- A bicycle lane or path.
- A knot that has two loops and two loose ends, either used decoratively, or to tie shoelaces.
- Resembling a bow (bent frame for firing arrows) or some aspect of one.
- A saw, in a metal frame, used to cut lengths of wood
- A defensive wall or rampart.
- A defense or safeguard.
- A breakwater.
- The planking or plating along the sides of a nautical vessel above her gunwale that reduces the likelihood of seas washing over the gunwales and people being washed overboard.
- To fortify something with a wall or rampart.
- To provide protection of defense for something.
- an elevated enclosed passage providing access fore and aft from the bridge of a merchant vessel
- any similar elevated walkway
- A narrow elevated stage on which models parade; a runway
- the business of making clothes for fashion shows.
- A bird, Pipilo erythrophthalmus, the Eastern towhee.
- construction work made of logs, etc., laid horizontally, with the ends dovetailed together at the corners, and in marine work often surrounding a central space filled with stones
- An unruly lock of hair that sticks straight up from the skull as if licked by a cow.
- Resembling a cow.
- A cowhand (one who tends free-range cattle)
- A 19th-century device used around the necks of cows and other livestock to prevent them from challenging fencing. The action of the device was to poke the cow when the device came into contact with the fence.
- leather made from the hide of a cow or similar animal
- A form of embroidery in which intervening fabric is cut away
- jackdaw, silly fellow
- Resembling or characteristic of dew.
- A bird, the European goatsucker.
- The soft, spongy wood of
- An instant, a short moment.
- The winking of an eye.
- Fan tracery.
- A fan-shaped network of lines or projections.
- A creative work produced by a fan, based on a book, movie, television show, musical group, etc.
- A custom or belief common to members of a society or culture
- To exhaust or tire out with excessive waking or watching.
- To walk (someone) excessively; weary with walking.
- To wither; decay; fade.
- To forfeit (a possession, privilege, etc.); ruin (oneself) by one's own conduct.
- To obstruct; barricade; block.
- To do wrong to; injure; scathe.
- To overwork; exhaust with toil.
- A very stupid person.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- Chinese maritime customs
- Any dandelion-like flower of the genera and in the family Asteraceae.
- Supportive of warlike foreign policy; bellicose; inclined toward military action.
- Favouring increasing interest rates; inclined towards increasing interest rates.
- a small tree in the soapberry family, native to extreme southern Florida and islands of the Caribbean. It has trifoliate leaves and produces small flowers in early summer.
- A European bird of the crow family (Coloeus monedula), often nesting in church towers and ruins.
- A Daurian jackdaw, a closely related Asian bird (Coloeus dauuricus).
- A bird, the merganser.
- Resembling a jaw or some aspect of one.
- A native or inhabitant of the American state of Kansas.
- Someone associated with the University of Kansas, for example as a student, alum, or sports team member, or as a fan.
- To behave as a jaywalker; to violate pedestrian traffic regulations by crossing a street away from a designated crossing or to walk in the part of the street intended for cars rather than on the sidewalk.
- Resembling a Jew or some aspect of one, especially the stereotype of a profiteering miser.
- a marine fish found around the southeastern coast of Australia and New Zealand, having a dark bluish-green body with indistinct rows of spots forming narrow irregular bands on the upper sides.
- A sort of covered basket used as a pannier or saddle on the back of a camel.
- a small city in Hancock County, Iowa, USA
- a river in West Virginia, USA, which flows into the Ohio River.
- an unincorporated community in Wood County, West Virginia.
- an originally proposed (and rejected) name for the state of West Virginia.
- a market town in Cumbria, England, formerly in Cumberland.
- Transliteration of a male given name of Persian origin.
- Possessing knowledge or understanding; intelligent.
- Shrewd or showing clever awareness.
- Suggestive of private knowledge.
- The act or condition of having knowledge.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- An urban area of Hong Kong.
- A former bantustan in South Africa, intended by the apartheid government to be a homeland for the Zulu people.
- A witless person; a fool.
- Ornamentation by means of lacquer.
- Work in which one part overlaps another.
- A book in which laws are codified.
- A textbook on some aspect of law.
- Having characteristics of a law.
- A town, and the administrative centre of, the Shetland Islands.
- A spasmodic, nervous system disease brought on by the tetanus bacteria. It causes muscles to seize up and may cause death by suffocation.
- State capital of Uttar Pradesh (India).
- Feeling sick, queasy.
- Sickening or insipid in taste or smell.
- Excessively or falsely sentimental; showing a sickly excess of sentiment.
- A fabric or structure of fibrous elements attached to each other at regular intervals.
- Any interconnected group or system
- A directory of people maintained for their advancement
- A group of affiliated television stations that broadcast common programs from a parent company.
- Multiple computers and other devices connected together to share information
- To interact socially for the purpose of getting connections or personal advancement.
- To connect two or more computers or other computerized devices.
- To interconnect a group or system.
- Designating a calicivirus affecting humans, characterized by severe vomiting and diarrhea.
- A city in southwestern Connecticut
- A river in Connecticut
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Ohio, and county seat of Huron County.
- A village in Wisconsin
- Oakland, California.
- A town in Knox County, Indiana.
- A group of islands known as the Okinawa Islands
- The main island in the Okinawa Islands; Okinawa Island, where the biggest urban settlement is the city of Naha
- The southern-most prefecture of Japan
- A city in the Okinawa prefecture
- To walk further than another
- To work out to a finish; to complete.
- To work faster or harder than.
- A minor, subsidiary fortification built beyond the main limits of fortification.
- Resembling an owl or some aspect of one.
- A path, as over mountains, followed by pack animals.
- A road; a thoroughfare.
- A scenic freeway.
- A divided highway with a landscaped median.
- A tree lawn.
- a railway station built on the edge of a town, typically with a large car park to function as a park and ride interchange.
- A dike; a marsh or fen.
- Prior to starting work.
- Work done in preparation.
- A kind of rubblework.
- To awaken again; to rewake
- a pivot attached to the gunwale (outrigger in a sport boat) of a boat that supports and guides an oar, and provides a fulcrum for rowing; an oarlock
- State in eastern Malaysia which has Kuching as its capital.
- Resembling a saw (cutting tool) or some aspect of one.
- A city in Alaska, United States
- The act of making something skewed; an alteration in a particular direction.
- Clothing to be worn while skiing.
- At or toward the sky.
- Pointing or facing at or moving toward the sky.
- An electromagnetic wave refracted back to the Earth by the ionosphere.
- Resembling or characteristic of a sow, or female pig.
- Resembling a squawk; raw and grating
- Making squawking sounds.
- An active and clever young fellow.
- A toiler; a labourer.
- Products manufactured using tin (the metal)
- A Midwestern Native American tribe indigenous to present-day Oklahoma and Texas.
- The extinct language once spoken by these people.
- A variety of green tea.
- hallucinating, especially under the influence of crystal meth or similar narcotics.
- A person who tweaks something.
- A tool for making small adjustments.
- A person addicted to methamphetamines.
- to shine with a flickering light; to glimmer
- to be bright with delight
- to bat, blink or wink the eyes
- to flit to and fro
- a sparkle or glimmer of light
- a sparkle of delight in the eyes.
- a flitting movement
- Not known; unidentified; not well known.
- A variable (usually x, y or z) whose value is to be found.
- Any fact or place about which nothing is known (as in the phrase "into the unknown").
- A person of no identity; a nonentity
- Not having had a wake or vigil.
- In a way or to an extent that is wacky
- A beachfront neighborhood of Honolulu, Hawaii, United States.
- a CDP on the island of Hawaii, USA, which is the county seat of
- The supreme being or of the Omaha people.
- Awake; not sleeping.
- Vigilant and alert; watchful.
- Incarnate as a human; living.
- Able to walk in spite of injury or sickness.
- Characterized by or suitable for walking.
- A clearly defined path for pedestrians.
- Hostile and belligerent.
- Martial, bellicose or militaristic.
- A male magic-user; a male witch.
- Any of various other towns and cities around the world taking their name from the English town or from someone with this surname.
- a city in Illinois, USA
- A figure made of wax, especially an effigy of a famous person.
- A sign or symbol marked in a prominent position in an off-road location to show the track of a footpath or route; fingerpost; guidepost; milestone.
- A map coordinate stored within a satellite navigation system
- Resembling a web.
- A net or web; something structured or interlinked in a weblike manner.
- The state of being married; matrimony.
- A wife; a married woman.
- A day of the week except those which form the weekend; that is:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, but not Saturday or Sunday.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, or Saturday, but not Sunday. (e.g. in Vietnam)
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, but not Saturday.
- Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, but not Friday.
- Of a geologic epoch within the Silurian period from about 428 to 423 million years ago; marked by the appearance of the first corals.
- The Wenlock epoch.
- A Mexican or Central American who illegally enters the United States of America from its southern border.
- A person of the mestizo race; a mojado.
- Tired; fatigued.
- Intoxicated on drugs.
- One who, or something which, whacks.
- Anything large; a whopper.
- Having whelks; whelky.
- That part of the beard which grows upon the sides of the face, usually of the male, or upon the chin, or upon both.
- A hair of the beard.
- One of the long, projecting hairs growing at the sides of the mouth of a cat, or other animal.
- The (very small) distance between two things.
- Spreaders from the bows to spread the bowsprit shrouds.
- A graphic element that shows the maxima and minima in a box plot.
- One who, or that which, whisks, or moves with a quick, sweeping motion.
- A small that forms on metal.
- A basket; especially, a straw provender basket.
- A small lathe for turning wooden pins.
- A shallow drinking bowl.
- A village in Hampshire, England.
- The material of which wicks are made, especially a loosely braided or twisted cord or tape of cotton.
- A domed hut, similar to a wigwam, used by some semi-nomadic Native American tribes, particularly in the southwestern and western United States.
- The act of one who winks.
- A young or small wolf.
- Any of various nonhuman and non-wolf fantasy creatures that have features of a wolf.
- A bag containing tools or material used for work, especially needlework.
- A toolbox; a container for the items needed to carry out a task.
- A set of skills and approaches.
- Full of activity or work; laborious; industrious.
- Operation; action.
- Method of operation.
- (of bodies of water) Becoming full of a vegetable substance.
- That is or are functioning.
- That suffices but requires additional work.
- In paid employment.
- Of or relating to employment.
- Enough to allow one to use something.
- a town in Nottinghamshire, England.
- One who wreaks.
- An avenger.
- Destroyed, usually in an accident; damaged to the point of unusability.
- Very intoxicated from alcohol and/or other drugs.
- Having been put in a dreadful or embarrassing situation; can range from being pwned in a game to being utterly defeated in an argument or publicly shamed with a stinging insult.
- A person or company that dismantles old or wrecked vehicles or other items, to reclaim useful parts. (Australia)
- One who breaks up situations, events.
- A tow truck.
- A mooncusser.
- In the Soviet Union, someone accused of the formal charge of wrecking, that is, undermining the state in intangible ways.
- Having wrinkles.
- An old person.
- Either of two small woodpeckers, and of the Old World that can turn their heads almost 180 degrees.
- A twisted or distorted neck; a deformity in which the neck is drawn to one side by a rigid contraction of one of the muscles; torticollis.
- An independent city in Saxony, Germany.
- Of or relating to a language family that developed among ancient indigenous peoples in South America and migrated to Central America and the Greater Antilles in the Caribbean and the Atlantic, including what is now the Bahamas.
- A people indigenous to New South Wales, Australia.
- The language spoken by these people.
- Having been woken up.
- Aroused or activated.
- One who, or that which, awakens.
- The flow of a fluid (through a pipe etc) in a direction opposite to that which is normal or intended.
- Pertaining to the direction towards the back.
- Pertaining to the direction reverse of normal.
- Reluctant or unable to advance.
- Of a culture considered undeveloped or unsophisticated.
- Pertaining to a thought or value that is considered outdated.
- On that part of the field behind the batsman's popping crease.
- Further behind the batsman's popping crease than something else.
- Unwilling; averse; reluctant.
- Slow to apprehend; having difficulties in learning.
- Late or behindhand.
- Already past or gone; bygone.
- In the direction towards the back; backwards
- Toward, or in, past time or events; ago.
- By way of reflection; reflexively.
- From a better to a worse state, as from honor to shame, from religion to sin.
- The state behind or past.
- To deflect air into the back of a sail or of a vessel
- The flow of air so deflected
- To wind backwards.
- Native to or located in a remote rural location.
- Rustic, unsophisticated, countrified.
- A contention, retort, or reply.
- A contradiction or answer to put off an engagement; a countermand.
- A section of commentary at the end of a book.
- A disease of hawks; filanders.
- Cooking equipment intended for use inside an oven.
- A market town in Derbyshire, England.
- A Bakewell tart.
- Decorative work involving beads.
- To pelt, thrash, or cudgel soundly.
- A type of action where the pressure from the fired cartridge blows a sliding mechanism backward to extract the fired cartridge, chamber another cartridge, and cock the hammer.
- An unintended adverse result, especially of a political action.
- The act of shotgunning (inhaling from a pipe etc. and exhaling into another smoker's mouth).
- The exterior body of a motor vehicle.
- The repair of a such body.
- The application of physical therapy as a preventive measure.
- A service offered that includes an erotic massage and may also include prostitution.
- Accounting work; book keeping.
- The art and science of formatting books.
- Work done with the aid of textbooks
- The act of memorising information; definition
- Resembling a bowl or some aspect of one.
- One who manufactures bows (for archery or for musical instruments).
- A cage or cage-like structure.
- The work required to deal with cases in any profession where a "case" has a specific definition (e.g. legal, social work, planning, etc.).
- To plant seeds at the intersections of a criss-cross pattern previously marked out on the ground.
- A village on the northern border of Bristol, England
- Resembling a claw
- An obnoxious fool.
- The assorted objects, such as pots, pans, baking sheets, etc., used for cooking
- A fish, the goldfinny.
- Any of numerous plants:
- a plant found in the West Indies.
- or sand corkwood, a shrub species growing mainly in Angola and Namibia.
- a genus with species found in Australia.
- a corkwood from Australia in the laurel family.
- a soft barked corkwood from Australia in the coachwood family.
- a species found in New Zealand.
- or grey Corkwood, a species from Australia.
- a species found in Australia.
- a species found in southeastern North America.
- a genus with species in Australia.
- or African corkwood, a species found in Africa.
- a species found in southeast Asia and northern Australia, with edible flowers.
- The wood of Quercus suber, the cork oak.
- Difficult or unpleasant to pronounce.
- cribbing (structural members)
- Resembling dawn or some aspect of it.
- Resembling down (soft immature feathers) or some aspect of it.
- The transmission of a signal from a satellite to a receiving station on earth; or the means of this transmission.
- Transmission of data from a network, usually wireless, to the user.
- To transmit a signal from a satellite to a terrestrial receiving station.
- A stock market transaction or quote at a price below a preceding one.
Possible word length