Page 1 from 12
Total results: 11828
- A Dardic ethnic group of about 230,000 people, located primarily in Pakistan, with a small population in Afghanistan. They speak the Dardic Khowar language and their main religion is Islam.
- a member of the lower classes.
- A large, oriental, round-bottomed cooking pan.
- To prepare oriental cuisine using a wok.
- Out of control, especially when armed and dangerous
- In a frenzy of violence, or on a killing spree; berserk
- One who runs amok; in Malay and Moro/Philippine culture, one who attempts to kill many others, especially expecting that they will be killed themselves.
- A thicket; a small wood.
- To belch, to burp.
- To vomit.
- a wooden dowel
- the brass bearing in the sheave of a block
- To unite (timbers etc.) by means of tenons or dowels in the edges or face.
- A male bird, especially:
- A rooster: a male gallinaceous bird, especially a male domestic chicken (
- A single word (in context) for a cock pigeon (male pigeon).
- A valve or tap for controlling flow in plumbing.
- The hammer of a firearm trigger mechanism.
- The notch of an arrow or crossbow.
- The penis.
- The circle at the end of the rink.
- The state of being cocked; an upward turn, tilt or angle.
- A stupid person.
- A boastful tilt of one's head or hat.
- A vane in the shape of a cock; a weathercock.
- A chief man; a leader or master.
- The crow of a cock, especially the first crow in the morning; cockcrow.
- The style or gnomon of a sundial.
- The indicator of a balance.
- The bridge piece that affords a bearing for the pivot of a balance in a clock or watch.
- To lift the cock of a firearm or crossbow; to prepare (a gun or crossbow) to be fired.
- To be prepared to be triggered by having the cock lifted.
- To erect; to turn up.
- To copulate with.
- To turn or twist something upwards or to one side; to lift or tilt (e.g. headwear) boastfully.
- To turn (the eye) obliquely and partially close its lid, as an expression of derision or insinuation.
- To strut; to swagger; to look big, pert, or menacing.
- To make a nestle-cock of, to pamper or spoil
- Vulva, vagina.
- A small conical pile of hay.
- To form into piles.
- Short for cock-boat, a type of small boat.
- Resembling or containing coke.
- The shelf- or bracket-shaped fruiting body of a bracket fungus (also called a shelf fungus), i.e. a mushroom growing off a tree trunk.
- A nose, especially a large one.
- To hit, especially on the head.
- A hairstyle involving the chemical straightening and styling of kinky hair.
- To chemically straighten tightly curled hair.
- A sub-genre of scouse house music containing distinctive percussion sounds.
- To hit.
- A car's engine.
- A fool.
- A poor player who makes mistakes.
- To provide a second person with a lift on a bicycle (formerly, on a horse), seating the passenger either in front (on the handlebar) or behind (sharing the seat); to travel as a passenger in such manner.
- An ethnic group of southeastern Nigeria.
- A city in Nevada, USA
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- A cuckoo.
- A fool.
- To make foolish; to stupefy.
- Pawnee Indian ceremony celebrating the union of Earth and Heaven and the genesis of life
- A hollow cavity.
- To dig out; make hollow; hollow out.
- To dig; dig into; pierce; penetrate; investigate; poke.
- To dig up; excavate.
- in the nature of a joke; jocular
- A knockout (in boxing).
- To knock someone out, or render them unconscious or senseless.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- thousand lines of code
- Here n is an estimate of how many thousands of lines of code will be inspected. – Glen W. Russell, Experience with Inspection in Ultralarge-Scale Developments (Bell-Northern Research, 1991)
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- A subdivision of currency, equal to one hundredth of a Nigerian naira.
- A two-masted Dutch vessel.
- A unit of measure in feudal Japan, the amount of rice needed to feed one person for a year.
- misty; dark; murky
- A small corner formed by two walls; an alcove.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- An English unit of land area, originally ¼ of a yardland but later 12½ or 20 acres.
- Describing the taste of wine that has been aged in oak and acquired tannins from the wood.
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- A Turkish tile-based game.
- A person from Oklahoma.
- The annual plant, Abelmoschus esculentus, possibly of Ethiopian origin, grown for its edible pods; the pods of the plant.
- The edible pods of the plant.
- One eighth of the total area of the celestial dome; used as a measure of cloudiness (one okta means that one eighth of the sky is obscured, two oktas that one quarter is obscured, and so on).
- The commercial center and largest city of Okanogan County, Washington by population
- Seventh-largest city in Russia, centre of Omsk oblast.
- A pus-filled swelling on the surface on the skin caused by an eruptive disease.
- Any pit, especially one formed as a scar
- To scar or mark with pits
- A gambling device based on the card game poker.
- Small and cramped.
- The meat of a pig; swineflesh.
- Funding proposed or requested by a member of Congress for special interests or his or her constituency as opposed to the good of the country as a whole.
- To have sex with (someone).
- mist; smoke; damp
- A vein of ore.
- misty; foggy; cloudy
- To be saturated with liquid by being immersed in it.
- To immerse in liquid to the point of saturation or thorough permeation.
- To penetrate or permeate by saturation.
- To allow (especially a liquid) to be absorbed; to take in, receive. (usually + up)
- To take money from.
- To drink intemperately or gluttonously.
- To heat (a metal) before shaping it.
- To hold a kiln at a particular temperature for a given period of time.
- To absorb; to drain.
- An immersion in water etc.
- A drunkard.
- A low-lying depression that fills with water after rain.
- A clicking sound similar to one made by the hands of a clock.
- To produce such a sound.
- A shop in the Netherlands selling mainly Asian food products, and generally Asian- or Indo-European-owned.
- Awake: conscious and not asleep.
- Alert and aware of what is going on, especially in social justice contexts.
- An overly studious person, particularly student; a nerd.
- A policy wonk or other intellectual expert.
- A laugh, especially a loud or hearty one.
- To laugh, especially loudly or uproariously
- Frame around the neck, and related senses.
- A bar or frame of wood by which two oxen or other draught animals are joined at the heads or necks enabling them to pull a plough, cart etc.
- A frame or convex crosspiece from which a bell is hung.
- Any of various linking or supporting objects that resemble a yoke; a crosspiece, a curved bar etc.
- A frame worn on the neck of an animal, such as a cow, pig, or goose, to prevent passage through a fence.
- A pole carried on the neck and shoulders of a person, used for carrying a pair of buckets, etc., one at each end of the pole.
- A fitting placed across the head of the rudder with a line attached at each end by which a boat may be steered. In modern use it is primarily found in sailing canoes and kayaks.
- The electromagnetic coil that deflects the electron beam in a cathode ray tube.
- The part of an item of clothing which fits around the shoulders, or the hips, from which the rest of the garment hangs, and which is often distinguished by having a double thickness of material, or decorative flourishes.
- Any of various devices with crosspieces used to control an aircraft; now specifically, the control column.
- A Y-shaped stand used to support a blowpipe or punty while reheating in the glory hole.
- Well-developed muscles of the neck and shoulders.
- Pair of harnessed draught animals, and related senses.
- A pair of animals, especially oxen, yoked together to pull something.
- A horse and cart, a carriage; now generally, a car or other vehicle.
- A miscellaneous object; a gadget.
- Pill of a psychoactive drug.
- Extended uses and quantities.
- An area of arable land, especially specifically consisting of a quarter of a suling, or around 50-60 acres.
- A burden; something which oppresses or restrains a person.
- A bond of love, especially marriage.
- An amount of work done with draught animals, lasting about half a day; a shift of work.
- To link or to join.
- To unite, to connect.
- To enslave; to bring into bondage; to restrain; to confine.
- pertaining to or consisting of a yoke
- The yellow, spherical part of an egg that is surrounded by the white albumen, and serves as nutriment for the growing young.
- The grease in a sheep's fleece.
- In a cocked or turned-up fashion.
- The name of many places in the United States of America:
- a town in Alabama.
- a statutory town in Colorado
- a town in Henry Township, Indiana.
- a small city in Iowa.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas.
- a village in Michigan.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri.
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- a village in New York.
- a large city in Ohio
- a borough in Pennsylvania.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- a tiny village in Nebraska, USA.
- An Ancient Greek pottery vessel used to pour small quantities of liquids such as oil.
- To call from or back again.
- At work; in action.
- Having abundant bushes, shrubs or trees.
- Caused by trees or shrubs.
- Bushy, bristling.
- Lacking money; bankrupt
- Demoted, deprived of a commission.
- Paper or board that is discarded and repulped during the manufacturing process.
- To broker; to transact business for another.
- To act as procurer in love matters; to pimp.
- A small handleless cup in which saké is served.
- A chayote.
- A chicken, especially a hen.
- A cooked chicken; a chicken dressed for cooking.
- A fool.
- An intersection where tracks or roads cross (often used in place names).
- A marketplace or open area in a city or village.
- A courtyard.
- A long outer garment worn over the shoulders covering the back; a cape, often with a hood.
- A blanket-like covering, often metaphorical.
- That which conceals; a disguise or pretext.
- A text replacement for an IRC user's hostname or IP address, making the user less identifiable.
- To cover as with a cloak.
- To render or become invisible via futuristic technology.
- The abrupt sound of two hard objects coming into contact.
- A stick-like tool used to strike the surface of the water and produce a sound that causes nearby fish to attack the bait.
- To make such a sound.
- Abbreviation of cockatoo; used when pretending to talk to such a bird, as in "hello cocky".
- A cockatoo farmer.
- A sheep farmer.
- Overly confident, arrogant and boastful.
- Intoxicated with cocaine.
- for a cook, or a seller of cooked food.
- Of wine, contaminated by a faulty or tainted cork.
- Consisting of, or like, cork; dry; shrivelled.
- An injury caused by a blow ("corking").
- A faint, harsh sound made in the throat.
- The cry of a frog or toad. (see also ribbit)
- The cry of various birds, such as the raven or corncrake, or other creatures.
- To make a croak.
- To utter in a low, hoarse voice.
- To make its cry.
- To die.
- To kill someone or something.
- To complain; especially, to grumble; to forebode evil; to utter complaints or forebodings habitually.
- To cause the manifestation of something (emotion, picture, etc.) in someone's mind or imagination.
- form of (type of worm)
- Having the character of folk music
- A musical instrument, a chordophone, most often neckless and with three strings, played in the lap and with a bow, of ancient Slavic origin.
- A hypothetical grouping of a dozen small language families spoken in California, Arizona, and Mexico.
- phony, as if a hoax; noticeably contrived; of obviously flimsy credibility or quality
- corny; overly or unbelievably sentimental
- A type of Japanese poem.
- Meaningless nonsense with an outward appearance of being impressive and legitimate.
- A Caucasian person.
- A factory hand or general unskilled worker.
- Absence from school or work.
- Full of hooks.
- Shaped like a hook.
- A Ukrainian national dance in 2/4 time.
- A hardwood obtained from several African trees of the genus
- A nickname for a person whose name is Jack, whose surname is Jackson, or similar.
- A lawn jockey.
- A chimpanzee.
- Really good
- funny or entertaining
- ideal perfect beauty in the physical and moral sense, especially as perceived by Greek philosophers
- A silky fibre obtained from the silk-cotton tree used for insulation and stuffing for pillows, mattresses, etc.
- A simple musical instrument (membranophone) consisting of a pipe with a hole in it, producing a buzzing sound when the player hums into it.
- to play the kazoo.
- a town in the council area, Scotland
- a suburb of New South Wales, Australia.
- a suburb of Queensland, Australia.
- a populated place in northern Tasmania, Australia.
- a former small town in West Otago, New Zealand, which was abandoned in the 1980s after frequent flooding.
- a coastal village in KwaZulu-Natal province, South Africa.
- a ghost town in California, USA.
- a former settlement in California.
- a village in Missouri, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Oregon, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- a city in Washington, USA
- A member of a Gujarati-speaking Shiite sect who take the Aga Khan as their religious head.
- Any member of an aboriginal hunter-gatherer tribe of India, inhabiting the tributary states of Orissa and Srikakulam.
- A close friend; especially used as a form of address.
- A child.
- A piece of colored cloth used as clothing and wrapped around the waist and legs or shoulders.
- A hybrid mandarin citrus fruit from two citrus cultivars, 'King' and 'Willow Leaf' of Citrus reticulata (syn. grown extensively in the Punjab region.
- An extinct Hawaiian bird,
- A member of an indigenous people of North America, currently in Oklahoma.
- A language of the Kiowa-Tanoan language family.
- A town in Colorado, USA
- A city and a county in Kansas.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A deep glen or ravine.
- An abrupt rapping sound, as from an impact of a hard object against wood
- An impact.
- a batsman's innings.
- Preignition, a type of abnormal combustion occurring in spark ignition engines caused by self-ignition or the characteristic knocking sound associated with it.
- To rap one's knuckles against something, especially wood.
- To strike for admittance; to rap upon, as a door.
- To bump or impact.
- To denigrate, undervalue.
- To pass, kick a ball towards another player.
- To impress strongly or forcibly; to astonish; to move to admiration or applause.
- A leather scourge (multi-tail whip), in the severe version known as 'great knout' with metal weights on each tongue, notoriously used in imperial Russia.
- To flog or beat with a knout.
- A small hill. Alternate form of knoll, common in Scotland and Ulster; also known in England.
- Identified as a specific type; renowned, famous.
- Researched, accepted, familiar.
- A variable or constant whose value is already determined.
- Any fact or situation which is known or familiar.
- All persons, singular and plural, present form of know.
- A camera: a device for taking still photographs.
- A still photograph.
- To photograph.
- To describe or characterise briefly and vividly.
- Any of various spicy meatball or meatloaf dishes of the Middle East, Caucasus, South Asia, and the Balkans.
- a plant in the mangosteen family with culinary, pharmaceutical, and industrial uses.
- Edible kelp used in East Asian cuisine
- Eccentric, strange, or foolish; crazy or insane; kookish.
- Behaving like a kook (a person with poor style or skill); kook-like.
- A small hill or mound (especially on the African veld).
- The 18th Ancient Greek letter Ϙ (lowercase ϙ).
- A small gazelle native to West Africa, Eudorcas rufifrons.
- The former capital and largest city of Palau
- Any of five sheaths that are thought to cover the Atman, or True Self, according to Vedantic philosophy.
- A particular type of Sanskrit dictionary.
- A Hindu temple built in a distinct style of Dravidian architecture.
- Praise; accolades.
- Credit for one's achievements.
- A breed of small Highland cattle.
- Having locks or tufts.
- A green vegetable dye imported from China.
- One's appearance or attractiveness.
- A milkman or milkwoman
- Like a nook; small and secluded or cosy.
- Made from the wood of the oak tree. Also in metaphorical uses, suggesting robustness.
- A city in North Dakota.
- A material, consisting of tarred fibres, used to caulk or pack joints in plumbing, masonry, and wooden shipbuilding.
- The coarse portion separated from flax or hemp in hackling.
- a small city in Alabama, USA
- a city in Arkansas, USA
- a city in Missouri, USA
- A member of a people of Ozark with a distinct culture, architecture, and dialect.
- A high-quality black tea made using young leaves, grown in Sri Lanka, India and Java.
- A socialist who is not wholly communist.
- The sound of something solid landing.
- To set or toss (something) down carelessly.
- To automatically ignore a particular poster; to killfile.
- Precisely and forcefully.
- Cheap or inferior everyday wine.
- A female police constable.
- Covered in pock marks; specifically, pox-ridden, syphilitic.
- of small volume, cramped
- A poker machine.
- Any of several species of arboreal tarantula in the genus
- A fairy that supposedly appears in animal form, often large.
- A convenient storage location or hiding spot created by the arrangement or form of surrounding objects
- Resembling or characteristic of pork.
- Rather fat; chubby.
- A lie.
- An eye.
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Pskov oblast.
- A traditional Malaysian and Indonesian fruit and vegetable salad dish.
- full of rooks.
- misty; gloomy.
- Pokeweed, Phytolacca americana (formerly
- A stiff, cylindrical military dress hat with a metal plate in front, a short visor, and a plume.
- A bearskin or busby.
- The squilla or mantis shrimp.
- A day taken off work due to (possibly exaggerated or supposed) illness.
- A person with unpleasant tastes, views or habits.
- A mentally ill person.
- A draught; a gulp.
- To swallow, gulp.
- An improvised weapon consisting of a padlock placed in a sock, common in prison environments.
- laver (type of seaweed)
- A cigarette break from work or military duty; a brief cessation of work to have a smoke, or (more generally) to take a small rest, snack etc.
- Filled with or giving off smoke.
- Of a colour or colour pattern similar to that of smoke.
- Having a flavour like smoke.
- Having a dark, thick, bass sound.
- Suspicious; open to suspicion.
- An edible fish, native to South African (Cape), South American and Australian waters, often smoked or salted.
- The queen mackerel,
- Any of several species of barracuda.
- A freshwater and marine fish of the family Centropomidae in the order Perciformes, especially
- the common snook.
- Any of various other fishes. See
- To fish for snook.
- A disrespectful gesture, performed by placing the tip of a thumb on one's nose with the fingers spread, and typically while wiggling the fingers back and forth.
- To sniff out.
- To lurk; to lie in ambush.
- Soaking wet; sopping; saturated.
- Characterised by soaking; involving a soak.
- Superb, excellent, stunning.
- Complaining, whingeing, sad; jealous.
- Sentimental, sissy; timid.
- A sook, a crybaby.
- A spirit returning to haunt a place.
- A ghost or an apparition.
- A hobgoblin.
- A spy.
- A scare or fright.
- A black person.
- A metaphysical manifestation; an artificial distinction or construct.
- to scare, frighten
- to startle or frighten an animal
- A heavy artillery bombardment.
- To unleash such a bombardment.
- A pile or bundle, especially of straw.
- A group of 6 or 8 sheaves of grain stacked to dry vertically in a rectangular arrangement at harvest time, obsolete since the advent (mid 20th century) of the combine harvester.
- to make stooks
- A starch or arrowroot made from the tubers of an East Indian zinziberaceous plant (
- The plant itself.
- Something serving as an expression of something else; sign, symbol
- A keepsake, memento, souvenir
- A piece of stamped metal used as a substitute for money; a voucher that can be exchanged for goods or services
- Evidence, proof; a confirming detail; physical trace, mark, footprint.
- Support for a belief; grounds for an opinion; reason, reasoning
- An extraordinary event serving as evidence of supernatural power, a miracle
- An object or disclosure to attest or authenticate the bearer or an instruction; a password
- A seal guaranteeing the quality of an item.
- Something given or shown as a symbol or guarantee of authority or right; a sign of authenticity, of power, good faith.
- A tally
- A particular thing to which a concept applies.
- An atomic piece of data, such as a word, for which a meaning may be inferred during parsing. Also called a symbol.
- A conceptual object that can be possessed by a computer, process, etc. in order to regulate a turn-taking system such as a token ring network.
- A lexeme; a basic, grammatically indivisible unit of a language such as a keyword, operator or identifier.
- A characteristic sign of a disease or of a bodily disorder, a symptom; a sign of a bodily condition, recovery, or health.
- A livid spot upon the body, indicating, or supposed to indicate, the approach of death.
- Ten and a half quires, or, commonly, 250 sheets, of paper printed on both sides; also, in some cases, the same number of sheets printed on one side, or half the number printed on both sides.
- A bit of leather having a peculiar mark designating a particular miner. Each hewer sends one of these with each corf or tub he has hewn.
- A thin bed of coal indicating the existence of a thicker seam at no great distance.
- A physical object used for exchange between drivers and signalmen on single track lines.
- In a loom, a colored signal to show the weaver which shuttle to use.
- A piece of metal given beforehand to each person in the congregation who is permitted to partake of the Lord's Supper.
- Done as an indication or a pledge; perfunctory, minimal or merely symbolic.
- a minor attempt for appearance sake, or to minimally comply with a requirement
- To betoken, indicate, portend, designate, denote
- To betroth
- To symbolize, instantiate
- One who tokes, especially marijuana.
- a city in Russia, centre of Tomsk oblast.
- An edible fish, also called cusk.
- To barter or trade, especially outside a government monopoly.
- A clear distilled alcoholic liquor made from grain mash
- A serving of the above beverage
- Neutral spirits distilled (or treated after distillation) so as to have no distinctive character, aroma, taste or color
- Amusingly eccentric or irrational.
- An amusingly eccentric or irrational person.
- A large yellow water lily ( found in the northwestern United States.
- The seeds of this water lily, eaten by the Klamath and others.
- Lopsided, misaligned or off-centre.
- Feeble, shaky or rickety.
- Suffering from intermittent bugs; broken.
- Generally incorrect.
- A subgenre of electronic music employing unstable rhythms, complex time signatures, and mid-range synths.
- Technically worded, in the style of jargon.
- Of or pertaining to work; tending to be too serious about work.
- To give the hunter's cry of "yoick".
- Wearing a yoke.
- Having large and well-defined muscles.
- An unsophisticated person.
- A person of rural background.
- Of, pertaining to, or having the characteristics of yolk.
- spelling of (English city)
- An English surname, variant of York.
- Yukon Territory
- A city/town in Oklahoma.
- A river of British Columbia, the Yukon Territory and Alaska, which gives its name to the territory.
- A priest, said to be descended from Eleazar the son of Aaron, who aided King David during the revolt of his son Absalom and was subsequently instrumental in bringing King Solomon to the throne.
- Any of several Asiatic burrowing rodents native to Central Asia, in the spalacid subfamily related to the mole rats.
- To recognize.
- To acknowledge; confess (often with "of" or "on"), reveal, disclose, realize
- To summon or call (to a higher tribunal).
- A stuffed jacket worn under the mail, or (later) a jacket plated with mail.
- With a crook or bend; with the hand on the hip and elbow turned outward.
- Into, in, or of the position where the arms are akimbo.
- An auditory hallucination
- A region of Cambodia that served as the seat of the Khmer Empire, which flourished from approximately the 9th to 15th centuries.
- A sedimentary rock consisting of small fragments of feldspar and quartz similar to a coarse sand.
- The capital city of Mali
- To wave and/or to nod to somebody with the intention to make the person come closer.
- To seem attractive and inviting
- A sign made without words; a beck.
- A children's game similar to hide and seek in which children who have been "caught" may escape if they see another hider beckon to them.
- To play a trick on, make a fool of.
- To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- To acknowledge; own; confess.
- To lock, or fasten as with a lock.
- To look about or around; look over or across; look after; give a look to; look at.
- To ridicule or mock.
- To mock repeatedly; flout.
- To cause to appear as if mock or unreal; excel or surpass, as the genuine surpasses the counterfeit.
- To work around or about; surround.
- To work, as with thread; embroider.
- To work over; rework; edit.
- Resembling a block in shape.
- A bowl or vessel made from a gourd.
- An immigrant from Central Europe.
- A brawny or coarse person.
- A bookmaker, being a person who, or business which, takes bets from the general public on sporting events and similar.
- Pertaining to books.
- Inclined to read books; literate.
- excellent; wonderful.
- Someone or something impressive and wonderful.
- A small grove or copse of trees, a thicket.
- Work done in addition to one's normal duties; subordinate or secondary business; work done on the side.
- The fourth month of the later ancient Egyptian civil calendar and Coptic calendar, corresponding to the fourth and last month of the season of Akhet. Since 25 BCE, when the calendar was reformed to include leap-days, Choiak has been in roughly December.
- Having been unable to breathe due to airway obstruction (choking) or strangulation, but usually to the point of pain and discomfort without death.
- Blocked or obstructed by thick material, often plant growth.
- piece of jewelry or ornamental fabric, worn as a necklace, tight to the throat.
- One who, or that which, chokes or strangles.
- One who operates the choke of an engine during ignition.
- Any disappointing or upsetting circumstance.
- One who performs badly at an important part of a competition because they are nervous, especially when winning.
- Reminiscent of choking.
- A station, as for collection of customs, for palanquin bearers, police, etc.
- Boy; young male servant.
- of in its various senses.
- A game played with sheep bones instead of dice.
- The bone used in playing the game; a huckle bone.
- Having a specified form or penis or a specific number of penises
- a document issued by the bond office stating that duty has been paid and goods may be sold.
- An office in a customhouse where goods intended for export are entered.
- A measure for bread.
- pert; saucy
- Any of various edible European bivalve mollusks, of the family Cardiidae, having heart-shaped shells.
- The shell of such a mollusk.
- One’s innermost feelings (only in the expression “the cockles of one’s heart”).
- A wrinkle, pucker
- A defect in sheepskin; firm dark nodules caused by the bites of keds on live sheep
- The mineral black tourmaline or schorl.
- The fire chamber of a furnace.
- A kiln for drying hops; an oast.
- The dome of a heating furnace.
- To cause to contract into wrinkles or ridges, as some kinds of cloth after a wetting; to pucker.
- Any of several field weeds, such as the corncockle, and Lolium temulentum.
- Marked with, abounding in, or infested with cockles
- The manufacture of coke via the destructive distillation of coal
- A horse chestnut, used in the game of conkers.
- Of food, that has been prepared by cooking.
- Corrupted by conversion through a text format, requiring uncooking to be properly listenable.
- Partially or wholly fabricated, falsified.
- A device for heating food, a stove.
- An appliance or utensil for cooking food.
- A cooking apple.
- Of a container, especially a bottle, closed with a cork.
- Of (a bottle of) wine, tainted by mould/mold in the cork.
- Like that of a frog.
- A triangular sail on old sailing ships.
- Crazy; not sane.
- Any of various birds, of the family Cuculidae, famous for laying its eggs in the nests of other species; but especially the Cuculus canorus, that has a characteristic two-note call.
- The sound of that particular bird.
- The bird shaped figure found in Swiss/German clocks (cuckoo clocks) or the clock itself.
- Someone found where they shouldn't be (used especially in the phrase a cuckoo in the nest).
- Someone who is crazy.
- To make the call of a cuckoo
- To repeat something incessantly
- An East Asian cultivar or subspecies of radish (Raphanus raphanistrum subsp. sativus, syn. Raphanus sativus) bearing a large, white, carrot-shaped taproot consumed throughout East and South Asia but grown in North America primarily as a fallow crop for its fast-growing leaves (used as animal fodder) and as a soil ripper.
- Particularly, the usual Japanese cultivar, Japanese radish.
- Closely-related cultivars such as the enormous turnip-shaped Sakurajima or green-and-red watermelon radish.
Possible word length