Page 1 from 44
Total results: 45550
- can't be everywhere
- Commander of the
- Component Boolean Expression
- Calculated Best Estimate
- Command Budget Estimate
- Common Base Event
- Dame Commander of the
- disadvantaged business enterprise
- Knight Commander of the
- Knowledge-Based Engineering
- Knowledge Based Economy
- Prayer, later especially with a rosary.
- Each in a string of small balls making up the rosary or paternoster.
- A small round object.
- A small round object with a hole to allow it to be threaded on a cord or wire.
- A small round solid object.
- A small drop of water or other liquid.
- A bubble, in spirits.
- A small round ball at the end of a barrel of a gun used for aiming.
- A ridge, band, or molding.
- A rigid edge of a tire that mounts it on a wheel; tire bead.
- A knowledge sufficient to direct one's activities to a purpose.
- A glassy drop of molten flux, as borax or microcosmic salt, used as a solvent and color test for several mineral earths and oxides, as of iron, manganese, etc., before the blowpipe.
- Front sight of a gun.
- To form into a bead.
- To apply beads to.
- To form into a bead.
- To cause beads to form on (something).
- Anatomical uses.
- A rigid structure projecting from the front of a bird's face, used for pecking, grooming and for eating food.
- A similar structure forming the jaws of an octopus, turtle, etc.
- The long projecting sucking mouth of some insects and other invertebrates, as in the Hemiptera.
- The upper or projecting part of the shell, near the hinge of a bivalve.
- The prolongation of certain univalve shells containing the canal.
- Any process somewhat like the beak of a bird, terminating the fruit or other parts of a plant.
- Figurative uses.
- Anything projecting or ending in a point like a beak, such as a promontory of land.
- A continuous slight projection ending in an arris or narrow fillet; that part of a drip from which the water is thrown off.
- A toe clip.
- That part of a ship, before the forecastle, which is fastened to the stem, and supported by the main knee.
- A beam, shod or armed at the end with a metal head or point, and projecting from the prow of an ancient galley, used as a ram to pierce the vessel of an enemy; a beakhead.
- Colloquial uses.
- The human nose, especially one that is large and pointed.
- A justice of the peace, magistrate, headmaster or other person of authority.
- Strike with the beak.
- Seize with the beak.
- The BBC
- A BBC Micro (early British home computer).
- The meat from a cow, bull or other bovine.
- The edible portions of a cow (including those which are not meat).
- Bovine animals.
- A single bovine (cow or bull) being raised for its meat.
- Muscle or musculature; size, strength or potency.
- Essence, content; the important part of a document or project.
- A grudge; dislike (of something or someone); lack of faith or trust (in something or someone); a reason for a dislike or grudge. (often + with)
- To complain.
- To add weight or strength to, usually as beef up.
- To fart; break wind.
- To feud or hold a grudge against.
- To cry
- Being a bovine animal that is being raised for its meat.
- Producing or known for raising lots of beef.
- Consisting of or containing beef as an ingredient.
- A platform from which speakers addressed an assembly.
- Raised area of worship in a synagogue upon which rests the Holy Ark containing Scrolls of Torah.
- To sound a trumpet.
- To cause (something) to change its shape into a curve, by physical force, chemical action, or any other means.
- To become curved.
- To cause to change direction.
- To change direction.
- To be inclined; to direct itself.
- To stoop.
- To bow in prayer, or in token of submission.
- To force to submit.
- To submit.
- To apply to a task or purpose.
- To apply oneself to a task or purpose.
- To adapt or interpret to for a purpose or beneficiary.
- To tie, as in securing a line to a cleat; to shackle a chain to an anchor; make fast.
- To smoothly change the pitch of a note.
- To swing the body when rowing.
- A curve.
- Any of the various knots which join the ends of two lines.
- A severe condition caused by excessively quick decompression, causing bubbles of nitrogen to form in the blood; decompression sickness.
- One of the honourable ordinaries formed by two diagonal lines drawn from the dexter chief to the sinister base; it generally occupies a fifth part of the shield if uncharged, but if charged one third.
- Turn; purpose; inclination; ends.
- In the leather trade, the best quality of sole leather; a butt.
- Hard, indurated clay; bind.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a ship's sides, more generally called wales, which have the beams, knees, and futtocks bolted to them.
- The frames or ribs that form the ship's body from the keel to the top of the sides.
- A glissando, or glide between one pitch and another.
- A group of animals, in particular quail.
- A large group or collection.
- A group of women or girls; chiefly said of schoolgirls.
- A bubble, such as in paint or glass.
- A large vesicle or bulla, usually containing a serous fluid.
- An irregular bulge in the plasma membrane of a cell undergoing apoptosis.
- A bubble-like inclusion of one mineral within another.
- To form, or cause the formation of, blebs.
- Colour, hue.
- Colour of the face, complexion.
- Consistency, form, texture.
- General resemblance, likeness; appearance, aspect, look.
- To undergo bletting, a fermentation process in certain fruit beyond ripening.
- A variety of soft, mild French cheese made from cow's milk.
- A barn, especially one used for keeping cattle in.
- An action, state of mind, or object one has an obligation to perform for another, adopt toward another, or give to another.
- The state or condition of owing something to another.
- Money that one person or entity owes or is required to pay to another, generally as a result of a loan or other financial transaction.
- An action at law to recover a certain specified sum of money alleged to be due.
- (now poetic) Ebony; an ebony tree.
- Made of ebony.
- Black in colour.
- a river in Spain that flows into the Mediterranean
- Someone who is feeble-minded; an idiot.
- A firework that produces a fountain of sparks
- To change tack with the wind crossing behind the boat. (Mostly used of boats and other small sailing craft — the corresponding manoeuver in a sailing ship is to wear.)
- To shift a fore-and-aft sail suddenly and forcefully from one side to the other, while sailing before the wind. (also jibe.)
- To sneer (see gibe.)
- gybe at: to hesitate, vacillate, or balk when faced with a proposal, plan, or course of action. (Obsolete)
- The act of gybing.
- A sudden shift of a sail's angle, or a sudden change in the direction that a boat is sailing.
- A sudden change in direction or approach; vacillation.
- A sneer. (see gibe.)
- A type of wild mountain goat of the genus Capra, such as the species
- A maneuver in which the stern of a sailing boat or ship crosses the wind, typically resulting in the sudden sweep of the boom from one side of the sailboat to the other.
- To perform a jibe.
- To cause to execute a jibe.
- To agree.
- A facetious or insulting remark, a jeer or taunt.
- To make a mocking remark or remarks, jeer.
- To mock, taunt.
- To say in a mocking or taunting manner.
- to harangue, to rebuke in a long-winded or drawn-out way
- The edge between the pavement and the roadway, consisting of a line of kerbstones.
- To damage vehicle wheels or tyres by running into or over a pavement kerb.
- A chilblain or ulcer, especially on the heel of the foot.
- to lubricate
- The point in the human brain at which the fourth ventricle narrows to become the central canal of the spinal cord.
- To do as ordered by (a person, institution etc), to act according to the bidding of.
- To do as one is told.
- To be obedient, compliant (to a given law, restriction etc.).
- An armadillo (Dasypus novemcinctus) found from Texas to Paraguay; the tatouhou.
- A common person, someone of a lower class.
- To check; to reprimand.
- A vibraphone.
- An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing.
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- To agree.
- To get along; to hit it off.
- To lower physically or depress; to stoop; to throw or cast down
- To lower, as in rank, office, condition in life, so as to hurt feelings or cause pain; to depress; to humiliate; to humble; to degrade.
- To lower in value, in particular as altering the content of alloys in coins.
- A diminutive of the female given name Abigail.
- On the beam; at a right angle to the centerline or keel of a vessel FM 55-501 Marine Crewman’s Handbook or aircraft; being at a bearing approximately 090 Degrees or 270 Degrees relative JP 1-02 Department of Defense Dictionary of Military and Associated Terms.
- Alongside or abreast; opposite the center of the side of the ship or aircraft.
- Alongside or abreast; opposite the center of the side of the ship or aircraft.
- To put up with; to endure.
- To bear; to carry.
- To behave; to comport oneself.
- Bearing, behavior.
- To go astray; to err.
- Distort; aberrate.
- Accept, comply or act in accordance.
- To wait in expectation.
- To pause; to delay.
- To stay; to continue in a place; to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to be left.
- To have one's abode; to dwell; to reside; to sojourn.
- To endure; to remain; to last.
- To stand ready for; to await for someone; watch for.
- To endure without yielding; to withstand; await defiantly; to encounter; to persevere.
- To endure or undergo a hard trial or a task; to stand up under.
- To await submissively; accept without question; submit to.
- To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with; stand.
- To pay for; to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for; to atone for.
- A small fresh-water fish (Alburnus alburnus); the bleak.
- Act of waiting; delay.
- Stay or continuance in a place; sojourn.
- A residence, dwelling or habitation.
- An omen; a foretelling.
- To bode; to foreshow; to presage.
- To be ominous.
- Physically over; on top of; worn on top of, as clothing.
- In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; — opposed to below or beneath.
- Farther north than.
- Rising; appearing out of reach height-wise.
- Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; higher in measure, degree, volume, or pitch, etc. than; out of reach; not exposed to; not likely to be affected by; incapable of negative actions or thoughts.
- Higher in rank, status, or position.
- In addition to; besides.
- Surpassing in number or quantity; more than
- In preference to.
- Too proud to stoop; averse to; disinclined; too honorable to give.
- Upstage of.
- Beyond; on the other side.
- Directly overhead; vertically on top of.
- Higher in the same page; earlier in the order as far as writing products go.
- Into or from heaven; in the sky.
- In a higher place; upstairs; farther upstream.
- Higher in rank, power, or position.
- In addition.
- More in number.
- Above zero; above freezing.
- On the upper half or the dorsal surface of an animal.
- Of heaven; heavenly.
- Being located higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Something, especially a person's name in legal documents, that appears higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Higher authority.
- betterment, raised status or condition.
- ABC; alphabet.
- Absey book; abecedary.
- An alphabetical acrostic list.
- Sour, bitter, and harsh to the taste, as unripe fruit.
- Sharp and harsh in expressing oneself.
- A Middle Eastern unit of volume used for agricultural crops.
- (treated as a singular noun; plural babes) Alternative form of babe used as a term of endearment to a loved one.
- That has been cooked by baking.
- High on marijuana.
- A machine for creating bales, e.g., of hay or cotton.
- A person who creates bales, either by operating or feeding such a machine, or by creating the bales by hand.
- The perch; any of various marine and freshwater fish resembling the perch.
- The perineum of a man.
- Symbol Ba. A unit of pressure under the CGS system. 1 Ba = 0.1 Pa = 0.1 N/m2 = 1x10-6 bar
- Founded on; having a basis; often used in combining forms.
- Not caring what others think about his or her personality, style, or behavior; focused on maintaining individuality.
- Being derived from (usually followed by on or upon).
- Having a base
- Having a base of operations.
- A city in Switzerland.
- A city in Switzerland; spelling of
- Reduced; lowered; restrained
- Having a bay or bays.
- The shore of a body of water, especially when sandy or pebbly.
- A horizontal strip of land, usually sandy, adjoining water.
- The loose pebbles of the seashore, especially worn by waves; shingle.
- To run aground on a beach.
- To run (something) aground on a beach.
- Resembling beads; small, round, and gleaming.
- Bright and penetrating.
- Covered or ornamented with, or as if with, beads.
- Characterized by beads.
- Beaked: having a beak.
- Beak-like: resembling a beak.
- Having a nose which resembles a beak.
- (of a gesture) Made using a beak; (of a sound) produced through a beak.
- Resembling a beam in size and weight; massy.
- Having horns or antlers.
- Having much beam or breadth; wide.
- Showing or emitting rays of light; beaming; radiant; shining.
- Radiant; beamsome; joyous; gladsome.
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- To bathe (with warm liquid); foment.
- To dry or heat (unseasoned) wood for the purpose of straightening it.
- Something or someone that is physically attractive.
- Something that is a remarkable example of its type.
- To put a bar around; bar about; debar.
- To bay around or about; embay; hem in; surround.
- An early form of modern jazz played by small groups and featuring driving rhythms and complex, often dissonant harmonies.
- To participate in bebop jazz, such as by dancing in a way associated with the genre
- A placeholder name used to refer to a (usually white) woman held in contempt by the speaker.
- To cry about; cry over; lament; bemourn.
- To accuse.
- To bewitch.
- To cut about; cut around; cut up; cut off; sever.
- An administrative official at universities in several European countries, often with a policiary function at the time when universities had their own jurisdiction over students.
- To make wet with or as if with dew.
- To make dim; to obscure or darken.
- to refer to or treat like a dog; to follow like a dog, harass, torment; bully
- to become or behave as a dog
- A thin, often flavored, Indian cigarette made of tobacco wrapped in a tendu leaf.
- Similar to, or tasting like beef.
- Containing beef.
- Strong or muscular.
- Sturdy; robust.
- A beef; a beef creature.
- To envelop in fog.
- To confuse; mystify.
- To cover or clothe with fur.
- An element of a lineage, especially of a lineage given in the Bible
- To adorn (as if) with gems
- To cause; to produce.
- To father; to sire; to produce (a child).
- To happen to; befall.
- To exalt to the dignity of a god; to deify.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- To carve; adorn; embellish.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- Endemic syphilis, a chronic disease of skin and tissue caused by infection by a subspecies of the spirochete Treponema pallidum.
- To wrap or lap around; surround; envelope.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- The abdomen, especially a fat one.
- The stomach.
- The womb.
- The lower fuselage of an airplane.
- The part of anything which resembles the human belly in protuberance or in cavity; the innermost part.
- The hollow part of a curved or bent timber, the convex part of which is the back.
- To position one’s belly; to move on one’s belly.
- To swell and become protuberant; to bulge or billow.
- To cause to swell out; to fill.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- To mar about or all over; injure seriously.
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- To cover, bespatter, or befoul with mud.
- To confuse; muddle.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- To beat upon (as on a drum); patter upon.
- To make foul; befoul; soil.
- A fixed bunk for sleeping in (caravans, trains, etc).
- Room for maneuvering or safety. (Often used in the phrase a wide berth.)
- A space for a ship to moor or a vehicle to park.
- A room in which a number of the officers or ship's company mess and reside.
- A job or position, especially on a ship.
- Position or seed in a tournament bracket.
- position on the field of play
- to bring (a ship or vehicle) into its berth
- to assign a berth (bunk or position) to
- To look at; see; mind; regard; favour.
- To look to; see to; attend to; care for; take care of; provide for; treat; arrange.
- To look about oneself; look to oneself.
- To surround or hem in.
- To attack, especially from all sides.
- To decorate something with jewels etc.
- Of a ship, to get trapped by ice.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- A broom made from a bundle of twigs tied onto a shaft.
- A troublesome woman
- To sweep.
- To muddle, stupefy, or act foolishly; as with alcoholic liquor or infatuation.
- To send spies to; beset with espionage.
- A bird of prey of southern Asia, Accipiter virgatus.
- name; today more often spelled Bessie.
- To furnish with a tag; deck with tags.
- A diminutive form of the female given name Elizabeth.
- A portion of plate armour to protect the lower face and the neck, typically in two parts, called upper bevor and lower bevor.
- Alcoholic beverage.
- To drink alcohol.
- To wet or moisten profusely.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- The sloping edge or face on a cutting tool.
- The oblique side or face of a cut gem; especially the upper faceted portion of a brilliant (diamond), which projects from its setting.
- The rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, such as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set; the collet.
- The panel that covers the front of a computer case, or the panel covering each drive bay that can be removed to install a removable drive that requires external access, such as a CD/DVD-ROM drive, which usually has its own preinstalled bezel.
- Upper arm muscle which bends the elbow. Usage note: Certain authors spell the singular of this word biceps.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- A motorcyclist who is a member of a club; a biker.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- An animal, being or construction that goes about on two feet (or two legs).
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- A loud sound.
- Dazzling, often garish, brilliance.
- To make a loud sound.
- To cause to sound like the blare of a trumpet; to proclaim loudly.
- Bashful, sheepish.
- Dull, stupid.
- Without color; pale; pallid.
- Desolate and exposed; swept by cold winds.
- Unhappy; cheerless; miserable; emotionally desolate.
- A small European river fish (Alburnus alburnus), of the family Cyprinidae.
- dim, unclear from water or rheum.
- Causing or caused by dimness of sight.
- To be blear; to have blear eyes; to look or gaze with blear eyes.
- To make blurred or dim (of the eyes or eyesight).
- To blur, make blurry (of an image).
- The characteristic cry of a sheep or a goat.
- Of a sheep or goat, to make its characteristic cry.
- Of a person, to complain.
- To lose blood through an injured blood vessel.
- To let or draw blood from.
- To take large amounts of money from.
- To steadily lose (something vital).
- To spread from the intended location and stain the surrounding cloth or paper.
- To remove air bubbles from a pipe containing fluids.
- To bleed on; to make bloody.
- To show one's group loyalty by showing (its associated color) in one's blood.
- To lose sap, gum, or juice.
- To issue forth, or drop, like blood from an incision.
- To destroy the environment where another phonological rule would have applied.
- An incident of bleeding, as in haemophilia.
- A narrow edge around a page layout, to be printed but cut off afterwards (added to allow for slight misalignment, especially with pictures that should run to the edge of the finished sheet).
- The situation where sound is picked up by a microphone from a source other than that which is intended.
- A brief high-pitched sound, as from some electronic device.
- Something named by an explicit noun in the original, unedited version of the containing sentence.
- A broad genre of electronic music with goth and industrial influences, as opposed to traditional gothic rock.
- To emit one or more bleeps.
- To edit out inappropriate spoken language in a broadcast by replacing offending words with bleeps.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- A blue blazer, part of the school uniform at Harrow School.
- Any of several different species of plants having blue flowers.
- A thin membrane or small piece of skin.
- A flag which monitors which way the wind is blowing
- A game, similar to bowls or pétanque, played on a long, narrow, dirt-covered court
- A former Scottish copper coin of less value than a bawbee, worth about one-sixth of an English penny.
- The Devil.
- A ghost, goblin, or other hostile supernatural creature.
- A bugbear: any terrifying thing.
- One of two sets of wheels under a locomotive or railcar; the structure with axles and wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- A bog-standard (representative) specimen taken from the center of production.
- A standard of performance set up as a mark to be aimed at in competition.
- An unidentified aircraft, especially as observed as a spot on a radar screen and suspected to be hostile.
- of: a known hostile aircraft.
- A score of one over par on a hole.
- a piece of mucus in or removed from the nostril.
- To make a bogey.
- A railway carriage.
- A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- various hostile supernatural creatures, especially a ghost.
- of: the wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- an unknown or hostile aircraft.
- a booger.
- a score of one over par on a hole.
- a cigarette.
- A black tea from China. Originally referred to a high quality tea, now refers to a lower-grade tea.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- suffering from boredom; to have nothing to do
- uninterested, without attention
- perforated by a hole or holes (through bioerosion or other)
- a floating hotel; a boat that acts as a hotel
- Having a bow e.g. a bowed instrument is played with a bow
- A part or division of the intestines, usually the large intestine.
- The entrails or intestines; the internal organs of the stomach.
- The (deep) interior something.
- The seat of pity or the gentler emotions; pity or mercy.
- To disembowel.
- To bulge or swell out.
- To cause to leak.
- To drink excessively and socially; to carouse.
- A carouse; a drinking bout; a booze.
- To haul or hoist (something) with a tackle.
- Packed into a box or boxes.
- In bridge and other card games if the cards in a pack are reversed face-up and face-down then the pack is said to be boxed.
- A river in Ireland.
- A fern; bracken.
- A thicket, or an area overgrown with briers etc.
- A tool used for breaking flax or hemp.
- A type of machine for bending sheet metal. (See wikipedia.)
- A large, heavy harrow for breaking clods after ploughing; a drag.
- To bruise and crush; to knead
- To pulverise with a harrow
- An ancient engine of war analogous to the crossbow and ballista.
- The winch of a crossbow.
- The handle of a pump.
- A device used to slow or stop the motion of a wheel, or of a vehicle, by friction; also, the controls or apparatus used to engage such a mechanism such as the pedal in a car.
- The act of braking, of using a brake to slow down a machine or vehicle
- An apparatus for testing the power of a steam engine or other motor by weighing the amount of friction that the motor will overcome; a friction brake.
- Something used to retard or stop some action, process etc.
- A baker's kneading trough.
- A device used to confine or prevent the motion of an animal.
- A frame for confining a refractory horse while the smith is shoeing him.
- An enclosure to restrain cattle, horses, etc.
- A cart or carriage without a body, used in breaking in horses.
- A carriage for transporting shooting parties and their equipment.
- That part of a carriage, as of a movable battery, or engine, which enables it to turn.
- To operate (a) brake(s).
- To be stopped or slowed (as if) by braking.
- A cage.
- A type of torture instrument.
- To join two metal pieces, without melting them, using heat and diffusion of a jointing alloy of capillary thickness.
- To burn or temper in fire.
- A foodstuff made by baking dough made from cereals.
- Any variety of bread.
- Food; sustenance; support of life, in general.
- to coat with breadcrumbs
- To make broad; spread.
- To form in meshes; net.
- A piece of embroidery; a braid.
- A European fresh-water cyprinoid fish of the genus Abramis, little valued as food. Several species are known.
- A species in that genus, Abramis brama.
- An American fresh-water fish, of various species of Lepomis and allied genera, which are also called sunfishes and pondfishes.
- A marine sparoid fish of the genus Pagellus, and allied genera. See sea bream.
- To clean (e.g. a ship's bottom of clinging shells, seaweed, etc.) by the application of fire and scraping.
- Ornamental embroidery
- A braid.
- Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To give a bribe to; specifically, to ask a person to do something, usually against his/her will, in exchange for some type of reward or relief from potential trouble.
- To gain by a bribe; to induce as by a bribe.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- Lacking money; bankrupt
- Demoted, deprived of a commission.
- Paper or board that is discarded and repulped during the manufacturing process.
- To broker; to transact business for another.
- To act as procurer in love matters; to pimp.
Possible word length