Page 2 from 44
Total results: 45550
- A strong fiber produced from a small tree of Africa.
- A purse or bag in which to carry or measure diamonds, etc.
- A coarse woolen cloth.
- A long, thick log held upright at one end and tossed in the Highland games.
- An Israelite who entered Canaan with Joshua.
- name first used by Puritans.
- Any member of the Cebidae.
- A celebrity; a famous person.
- The tailed pepper, an Indonesian plant cultivated for its berries and essential oil.
- Raised to the third power.
- Any device designed to cut things into cubes.
- To remove from a bag.
- To pull down the trousers quickly without consent of, as a prank.
- name popular in the 1950s and the 1960s.
- To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery.
- To remove a hidden electronic surveillance device from (somewhere).
- To remove insects from (somewhere), especially
- The action, or a session, of reviewing source code to find and eliminate errors.
- To demobilize; to release someone from military service.
- A blue giant star in the constellation Cygnus; Alpha (α) Cygni. It forms one corner of the Summer Triangle. Deneb is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, and one of the most luminous stars known.
- A multiple star in the constellation of Ursa Major and part of the Plough; Alpha (α) Ursae Majoris.
- A diminutive of the male given names Ebenezer and Eben.
- Ebeye, Kwajalein atoll
- A city in the province of Guipúzcoa, Basque Country, Spain
- The joint between the upper arm and the forearm.
- Any turn or bend like that of the elbow, in a wall, building, coastline, etc.; an angular or jointed part of any structure, such as the raised arm of a chair or sofa, or a short pipe fitting, turning at an angle or bent.
- A detective.
- Part of a basketball court located at the intersection of the free-throw line and the free-throw lane.Newell, Pete; Nater, Swen (2008). Pete Newell's Playing Big. Human Kinetics. p.26: ISBN 9780736068093. Retrieved April 11, 2013.
- To push with the elbow; to jostle or force.
- To enclose (as though behind bars); to imprison.
- To prohibit, debar (someone from doing something).
- To bathe; to steep.
- To shut in, enclose, shelter or trap, such as ships in a bay.
- To lay as in a bed; to lay in surrounding matter; to bed.
- To include in surrounding matter.
- To encapsulate within another document or data file (unrelated to the other computing meaning of embedded as in embedded system).
- To define a one-to-one function from (one set) to another so that certain properties of the domain are preserved when considering the image as a subset of the codomain.
- An embedded reporter/journalist: a war reporter assigned to and travelling with a military unit.
- An element of an advertisement, etc. serving as a subliminal message.
- An item embedded in another document.
- The first female human in the Edda.
- To bend like a bow; to curve.
- to put (troops) onto a bus
- to board a bus
- A residential area beyond the suburbs
- A fictitious narrative intended to enforce some useful truth or precept, usually with animals, etc. as characters; an apologue. Prototypically, Aesop's Fables.
- Any story told to excite wonder; common talk; the theme of talk.
- Fiction; untruth; falsehood.
- The plot, story, or connected series of events forming the subject of an epic or dramatic poem.
- To compose fables; hence, to write or speak fiction; to write or utter what is not true.
- To feign; to invent; to devise, and speak of, as true or real; to tell of falsely; to recount in the form of a fable.
- A single elongated piece of a given material, roughly round in cross-section, often twisted with other fibers to form thread.
- A material in the form of fibers.
- A material whose length is at least 1000 times its width.
- Dietary fiber.
- Moral strength and resolve.
- The preimage of a given point in the range of a map.
- Said to be of a morphism over a global element: The pullback of the said morphism along the said global element.
- A kind of lightweight thread of execution.
- In Anglo-Saxon law, the owner of an allotment or yard-land, usually consisting of 30 acres; a villein.
- One who utters gibes.
- The fleshy, spore-bearing inner mass of certain fungi.
- Relating to the glebe; turfy; cloddy; fertile; fruitful.
- Of or pertaining to herbs
- To wet or stain an object completely with some physical quality.
- In general, to act in a way which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- A unit of land used in the Middle East; its precise size depends on region and on time-period, and can range from a thousand square meters to a hectare.
- A large vessel holding liquor.
- name, a rare modern spelling variant of Caleb.
- A Japanese-American who is born in the United States but primarily educated in Japan.
- Coagulated sour milk diluted with water.
- A fermented liquor made with coagulated sour milk.
- A written or pictorial false statement which unjustly seeks to damage someone's reputation.
- The act or crime of displaying such a statement publicly.
- Any defamatory writing; a lampoon; a satire.
- A written declaration or statement by the plaintiff of his cause of action, and of the relief he seeks.
- A brief writing of any kind, especially a declaration, bill, certificate, request, supplication, etc.
- To defame someone, especially in a manner that meets the legal definition of libel.
- To proceed against (a ship, goods, etc.) by filing a libel.
- name, a spelling variant of Mabel.
- A type of sweet snack food consisting of dried apricot made into a pulp and flavoured with salt and sugar.
- to muffle or wrap someone's head or face (normally with up)
- Overly inquiring; nosey.
- The name of several places in northern England and elsewhere (meaning new settlement).
- for someone from one of these places.
- A form of folk magic, medicine or witchcraft originating in Africa and practised in parts of the Caribbean.
- A magician or witch doctor of the magic craft.
- A spell performed in the practice of the magic craft; an item associated with such a spell.
- To bewitch using this kind of folk magic.
- Having the form of an orb; round; spherical.
- The common people, as a whole, or as a group.
- An African beer made from millet.
- of; pubic bones.
- The pubic hair.
- The pubic region.
- A stringed musical instrument, related to the lute, used especially in Islamic countries
- To place in another bag.
- A steel reinforcing bar in a reinforced concrete structure.
- A grid-shaped system of such bars.
- To bar again.
- To redistribute the notes of a musical score across the bars, e.g. when changing time signature.
- The spiritual leader of a Chassidic Jewish community.
- An early three-stringed instrument, somewhat like a simple violin only pear shaped, played with a bow and used in Medieval and the early Renaissance eras.
- To supply with a new or replacement bed or bedding
- To bid again on something.
- To require a new set of bids for.
- To bid a higher value of the current suit.
- A second or subsequent (normally higher) bid.
- To place in a box again; to pack back into a box.
- To bud again (send forth a second group of buds)
- To buy again, especially to buy something previously sold (or pawned)
- A type of poker tournament that allows players to purchase more chips during the course of the tournament.
- To repair or correct something.
- To give another name or title to; to dub again.
- To dub (video material) again; to provide with a new soundtrack.
- A video re-edited in any way an editor wants.
- A remedy or improvement
- The monetary unit of Russia, Belarus and Transnistria equal to 100 kopeks (Russian: Belarusian: The Russian ruble's symbol is ₽.
- a town in North Yorkshire, England, formerly in the West Riding of Yorkshire.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA
- An ancient kingdom in Arabia or possibly in Africa.
- The 34th sura (chapter) of the Qur'an.
- A kind of slow bodily wasting or emaciating disease, often accompanying a chronic disease.
- A socially, ethnically, and politically cohesive group of people.
- A society larger than a band but smaller than a state.
- A group of apes who live and work together.
- The collective noun for various animals.
- A hierarchal rank between family and genus.
- A family of animals descended from some particular female progenitor, through the female line.
- To distribute into tribes or classes; to categorize.
- Possessing a tube or tubes.
- A flat-topped or rounded flower-cluster (= inflorescence) in which the individual flower stalks arise from the same point, the youngest flowers being at the centre.
- To raise or rouse from bed.
- An extensive patch of subcutaneous extravasation of blood.
- consisting of, resembling, or having webs or a web.
- A small, three-masted Mediterranean transport ship.
- a species of holly native to southern South America; or the dried leaves and twigs of this plant, used to make the caffeine-rich beverage mate.
- The large Indian civet, Viverra zibetha.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.
- Humbled; lowered, especially in rank, position, or prestige.
- Borne lower than usual, as a fess; also, having the ends of the wings turned downward towards the point of the shield. 1976
- One who, or that which, abases.
- A female superior or governess of a nunnery, or convent of nuns, having the same authority over the nuns which the abbots have over the monks.
- A woman who runs a brothel; a woman employed by a prostitute to find clients.
- Islamic act of washing parts of the body using water for ritual prayers and for handling and reading the Qur'an; of
- To draw; to conduct away; to take away; to withdraw; to draw to a different part; to move a limb out away from the center of the body;abduct.
- To draw a conclusion, especially in metanalysis; to deduce.
- One who abides, or continues.
- One who dwells or stays; a resident.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- Rejected; cast aside.
- Sunk to or existing in a low condition, state, or position.
- Cast down in spirit or hope; degraded; servile; grovelling; despicable; lacking courage; offered in a humble and often ingratiating spirit.
- Showing utter hopelessness, helplessness; showing resignation; wretched.
- A person in the lowest and most despicable condition; a castaway; outcast.
- To cast off or out; to reject.
- To cast down; hence, to abase; to degrade; to lower; to debase.
- Burning fiercely; in a blaze; on fire.
- Radiant with bright light and color.
- In a state of glowing excitement or ardent desire.
- On fire; in a blaze, gleaming.
- Lit up brightly and with color.
- In a state of glowing excitement or ardent desire.
- To be unlike; to differ.
- To wash oneself.
- To wash.
- To rub or wear off; erode.
- To wear down or exhaust, as a person; irritate.
- To irritate by rubbing; chafe.
- To cause the surface to become more rough.
- To undergo abrasion.
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- To descend a steep or vertical drop using a rope with a mechanical friction device or (classic abseil) by wrapping the rope around the body; to rappel.
- A descent in mountaineering using a rope looped at the top and a friction device.
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present; missing.
- Not existing; lacking.
- Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied.
- Absentee; a person who is away on occasion.
- In the absence of; without.
- To keep (oneself) away.
- To keep (someone) away.
- Stay away; withdraw.
- To consume gradually; to waste away.
- Having been a victim of some form of abuse, most commonly child abuse or domestic violence.
- Overused; used profligately or in excess.
- One who abuses someone or something.
- One who uses in an illegal or wrongful use.
- Any organism (but especially a bacterium) that can tolerate the presence of oxygen, or that needs oxygen to survive
- Possible to be done; practicable.
- Although, despite (it) being.
- Nourishing.The American Heritage® Stedman’s Medical Dictionary
- ambiguity; circumlocution
- The juice from chewing tobacco.
- Like or resembling amber.
- of, a variant of amoeba.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling an amoeba
- Of, or pertaining to, an amoeba.
- Able to be plowed or tilled, capable of growing crops (traditionally contrasted with pasturable lands such as heaths).
- Under cultivation (within any quinquennial period) for the production of crops sown and harvested within the same agricultural year (contrasted with permanently-cropped lands such as orchards).
- The wood of the strawberry tree.
- A high medieval Turkish feudal title, originally charged with the caretaking and mentoring of the realm's crown prince.
- A song or poem greeting or evoking the dawn.
- A morning love song; a song of lovers parting in the morning.
- An English patronymic surname.
- name from the same source, or transferred from the surname.
- name of American usage since the 1970s.
- Idle talk; senseless prattle; gabble; twaddle.
- Inarticulate speech; constant or confused murmur.
- A sound like that of water gently flowing around obstructions.
- To utter words indistinctly or unintelligibly; to utter inarticulate sounds
- To talk incoherently; to utter meaningless words.
- To talk too much; to chatter; to prattle.
- To make a continuous murmuring noise, like shallow water running over stones.
- To utter in an indistinct or incoherent way; to repeat words or sounds in a childish way without understanding.
- To reveal; to give away (a secret).
- Finery of a kind to please a child.
- Spoiled or coddled.
- Put on one's back; killed; rendered dead.
- Having specified type of back.
- Having specified type of backing.
- A ride on the back of a bicycle or motorbike.
- In fortification, a kind of portcullis or gate, made like a pitfall, with a counterpoise, and supported by two large stakes.
- Type of drawbridge.
- A person of bad character in a work of fiction; in a western he will typically wear a black hat.
- A meteorite or similar-looking rough stone thought to be of divine origin and worshipped as sacred.
- To publicly disgrace, especially of a recreant knight.
- To hoodwink or deceive (someone).
- To bewilder completely; to confuse or perplex.
- To foil; to thwart.
- To struggle in vain.
- A device used to dampen the effects of such things as sound, light, or fluid. Specifically, a baffle is a surface which is placed inside an open area to inhibit direct motion from one part to another, without preventing motion altogether.
- An architectural feature designed to confuse enemies or make them vulnerable.
- A lever for operating the throttle valve of a winding engine.
- Having been placed in a bag.
- Having been caught or successfully hunted.
- an area in north-west Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England.
- a village in Hordley parish, Shropshire
- a hamlet in parish, district, Somerset, England
- a village in the City of borough, West Yorkshire, England
- a small city in Iowa, USA.
- a small city in Minnesota, USA
- a village in Wisconsin, USA.
- a town in Wisconsin.
- one who bails or lades.
- a utensil, as a bucket or cup, used in bailing; a machine for bailing water out of a pit.
- Agent noun of bait; one who baits, as with a fishhook.
- A troll who deliberately posts aggravating messages on a message board to elicit responses.
- Covered with baize.
- A shop in which bread (and often other baked goods such as cakes) is baked and/or sold.
- The trade of a baker.
- The actual goods produced in a bakery such as doughnuts, long johns, bismarcks, sugar and glazed twisters, cinnamon rolls, eclairs, etc.
- Somebody who is bald.
- The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus).
- A fish, the baldchin groper.
- The bony material that makes up the plates in the mouth of the baleen whale, Mysticeti, which it uses to trap its food; formerly used in corsetry
- a baleen whale
- A pole or frame raised as a sea beacon or landmark.
- One who, or that which balks.
- A person who stands on a rock or eminence to observe shoals of herring, etc., and to give notice to the men in boats which way they pass.
- A person employed to divide molten metal into separate balls before it is hammered out.
- One who plays basketball; a basketballer.
- One who has swag and lives an extravagant lifestyle.
- Very cool, especially due to extravagance.
- A classical form of dance.
- A theatrical presentation of such dancing, usually with music, sometimes in the form of a story.
- The company of persons who perform this dance.
- A light part song, frequently with a fa-la-la chorus, common among Elizabethan and Italian Renaissance composers.
- A bearing in coats of arms representing one or more balls, called bezants, plates, etc., according to colour.
- To perform an action reminiscent of ballet dancing.
- To tumble; dance clumsily.
- To become tangled or matted.
- To tread down in a clumsy manner.
- To tangle; clot; mat (as in the hair).
- Marked with bands of colour.
- An Irish measure of two feet in length.
- A thing or person which bangs, in any sense.
- A firework that makes a bang.
- A woman's breast.
- A sausage.
- An old, worn-out car.
- A cylinder in a car.
- A member of a gang (shortened from the word gangbanger).
- A powerfully energetic piece of music, especially dance music.
- A rigid bracelet or anklet, especially one with no clasp.
- to beat about or beat down, as corn by the wind.
- to waste away little by little; squander carelessly; fritter (away).
- to beat about in the air; flutter: said of a hawk which does not rise steadily and then swoop down upon its prey.
- to flap or hang down loosely, as a hat brim or an animal's ear.
- The cut branch of a tree; a large, rough stick; the largest piece of wood in a bundle of twigs
- Piled high.
- Of a cheque, deposited in a bank.
- Forbidden; not allowed.
- Good-humoured, playful, typically spontaneous conversation.
- To engage in banter or playful conversation.
- To play or do something amusing.
- To tease (someone) mildly.
- To joke about; to ridicule (a trait, habit, etc.).
- To delude or trick; to play a prank upon.
- To challenge to a match.
- Having barbs
- Bearded (also applied to roses, referring to the leaves between the petals).
- Accoutered with defensive armor; barded.
- Any of many birds of the family Capitonidae, within the order Piciformes
- A breed of small dog, with long curly hair.
- A larva that feeds on aphids.
- Accoutered with defensive armor
- Wearing rich caparisons.
- A minor poet or bard; used as a self-deprecatory epithet by Robert Burns.
- Rude and insolent; bolshie.
- The edible larva of an insect.
- By a small margin.
- Almost not at all.
- A crewman of a working barge.
- One who barges or shoves.
- The manager of a barge.
- A mineral, barium sulphate, with the chemical formula BaSO4.
- An English topographic surname for someone who owned, lived in, or worked in a barn.
- An English habitational surname for someone from the place of the same name in Surrey.
- A town originally in Surrey, now a district of London.
- A sailing vessel of three or more masts, with all masts but the sternmost square-rigged, the sternmost being fore-and-aft-rigged
- any small sailing vessel
- a sailing vessel or boat of any kind
- Having bars; striped.
- One who bashes something, figuratively or literally.
- One who engages in gratuitous physical or verbal attacks on a group or type of people.
- A trainspotter. 
- A lightweight container, generally round, open at the top, and tapering toward the bottom.
- A wire or plastic container similar in shape to a basket, used for carrying articles for purchase in a shop.
- In an online shop, a notional place to store items before ordering them.
- A circular hoop, from which a net is suspended, which is the goal through which the players try to throw the ball.
- The act of putting the ball through the basket, thereby scoring points.
- The game of basketball.
- A dance movement in some line dances, where men put their arms round the women's lower backs, and the women put their arms over the mens' shoulders, and the group (usually of four, any more is difficult) spins round, which should result in the women's feet leaving the ground.
- A manbulge.
- In a stage-coach, two outside seats facing each other.
- A protection for the hand on a sword or a singlestick; a guard of a bladed weapon.
- A singlestick with a basket hilt.
- Where the pilot and passengers are.
- The bell or vase of the Corinthian capital.
- To place in a basket or in baskets.
- Having been cooked by basting.
- A short bat for beating clothes when washing them.
- A single combat.
- fertile; fruitful; productive
- To make fertile.
- To be supplied with provisions from the buttery.
- Provisions ordered from the buttery; also, the charges for them.
- To become better; improve in condition, especially by feeding.
- To feed to revel
- To thrive by feeding; grow fat; feed oneself gluttonously.
- To thrive, prosper, or live in luxury, especially at the expense of others; fare sumptuously.
- To gratify a morbid appetite or craving; gloat.
- To improve by feeding; fatten; make fat or cause to thrive due to plenteous feeding.
- To fertilize or enrich, as land.
- A thin strip of wood used in construction to hold members of a structure together or to provide a fixing point.
- A long strip of wood, metal, fibreglass etc., used for various purposes aboard ship, especially one inserted in a pocket sewn on the sail in order to keep the sail flat.
- In stagecraft, a long pipe, usually metal, affixed to the ceiling or fly system in a theater.
- The movable bar of a loom, which strikes home or closes the threads of a woof.
- To furnish with battens.
- To fasten or secure a hatch etc using battens.
- to hit or strike violently and repeatedly.
- to coat with batter (the food ingredient).
- to defeat soundly; to thrash
- To intoxicate
- To flatten (metal) by hammering, so as to compress it inwardly and spread it outwardly.
- A beaten mixture of flour and liquid (usually egg and milk), used for baking (e.g. pancakes, cake, or Yorkshire pudding) or to coat food (e.g. fish) prior to frying
- A binge, a heavy drinking session.
- A paste of clay or loam.
- A bruise on the face of a plate or of type in the form.
- To slope (of walls, buildings etc.).
- An incline on the outer face of a built wall.
- The player attempting to hit the ball with a bat.
- The player attempting to hit the ball with a bat; a batsman.
- A form of hunting in which game is forced into the open by the beating of sticks on bushes etc.
- The game thus forced into the open.
- A hunt performed in this manner.
- A springboard in a circus or gymnasium.
- A silver coin minted in Bern, Switzerland from the 15th century until the mid-19th century, equal to 10 rappen.
- A cheap showy ornament piece of jewellery; a gewgaw.
- A club or sceptre carried by a jester.
- A small shiny spherical decoration, commonly put on Christmas trees.
- A coin originally worth six pennies Scots, and later three; held equivalent to an English halfpenny.
- A copper; a small amount of money.
- A small fishing boat, equipped with sails, used mainly in the estuary of the Thames, England.
- a city in Georgia, USA
- Made from, or decorated with, beads.
- Having formed in beads or a bead-like shape.
- One who makes decorative beading.
- A flat-bottomed vessel, with a lip, used as a laboratory container.
- A drinking vessel without a handle, sometimes for the use of children.
- A mug.
- A scientist.
- Furnished with beams or timbers.
- Furnished with beams, as the head of a stag.
- A Mexican.
- A pitch deliberately thrown at the head (the of the batter.
- A superior or admirable person; something excellent.
- A cap that fits the head closely, usually knitted from wool.
- Short for a small soft toy filled with beans or similar stuffing.
- Manly, masculine.
- A bearded person or animal:
- A bearded person; used to identify members of a group or class who can be identified by the wearing of beards.
- A bearded dragon.
- A bearded collie.
- Any of several kinds of fish; a loach.
- One who, or that which, bears, sustains, or carries.
- Someone who helps carry the coffin or a dead body during a funeral procession; pallbearer.
- One who possesses a cheque, bond, or other notes promising payment.
- A domestic servant or palanquin carrier.
- A tree or plant yielding fruit.
- A strip of reglet or other furniture to bear off the impression from a blank page.
- A type or type-high piece of metal interspersed in blank parts to support the plate when it is shaved.
- One who receives a beating.
- repeatedly struck
- mixed by paddling with a wooden spoon or other implement
- Someone or something that beats.
- A kitchen implement for mixing.
- A stick used to play a percussion instrument.
- A man who drives game towards shooters in a hunting party, often working in a group.
- A papermaking machine for processing fibres by fibrillation in order to improve bonding strength
- An automobile in poor operating condition.
- A sleeveless undershirt.
- A person who has been beatified.
- The property, quality or state of being "that which pleases merely by being perceived" (Aquinas); that which is attractive, pleasing, fine or good looking; comeliness.
- Someone who is beautiful.
- Something that is particularly good or pleasing.
- An excellent or egregious example of something.
- The excellence, e.g. the genius
- A beauty quark (now called bottom quark).
- Beauty treatment; cosmetology.
- Prevailing style or taste; rage; fashion.
- Of high quality, well done.
- An aquatic rodent of the genus Castor, having a wide, flat tail and webbed feet.
- A hat, of various shape, made from a felted beaver fur (or later of silk), fashionable in Europe between 1550 and 1850.
- The pubic hair and/or vulva of a woman.
- The fur of the beaver.
- Beaver cloth, a heavy felted woollen cloth, used chiefly for making overcoats.
- A brown colour, like that of a beaver.
- a man who wears a beard
- To bang about.
- To give bangs to; style in bangs.
- To blot all over; stain.
- To bump thoroughly; belabour.
- To make busy; occupy.
- To accuse.
- To call upon; call forth; challenge.
- To call; summon.
- To call names; miscall.
- To make calm or still; make quiet; calm.
- To deprive (a ship) of wind, so that it cannot move (usually in passive).
- Relating to, or relieving, a cough.
- A medicine for relieving coughs.
- A short piece of rope spliced to form a circle
- A loop of rope with a knot at one end to catch in an eye at the other endUS FM 55-501 MARINE CREWMAN’S HANDBOOK; 1 December 1999. Used to secure oars etc. at their place.
- A loop of thread, typically braided, attached at each end to a jacket. Used to pass through the brooch bar of medals to affix them to the jacket without damaging it.
- The clevis of a pulley block.
- An eye in the end of a rope.
- A method of joining fabric, for example the doors of a tent, by interlacing loops of cord (beckets) through eyelet holes and adjacent loops.
- A spade for digging turf.
- To wave and/or to nod to somebody with the intention to make the person come closer.
- To seem attractive and inviting
- A sign made without words; a beck.
- A children's game similar to hide and seek in which children who have been "caught" may escape if they see another hider beckon to them.
- Clothed about; clad.
- To grasp, insnare, ensnare, catch, to trap suddenly, to grab suddenly.
- To clap for; to applaud.
- To scratch or tear all over with claws or nails.
- To fold in the arms; embrace; clasp.
- To wrap around; enclose; encircle; surround.
- To include; comprise; comprehend; contain.
- To lay hold of; seize upon; grip; catch; overtake.
- To curdle (milk).
- To clip around or about (the edges of); crop.
- To encumber with a sticky substance; clog.
- To arrive, come (to a place).
- To come about; happen; come into being; arise.
- begin to be; turn into.
- To be proper for; to befit.
- Of an adornment, piece of clothing etc.: to look attractive on (someone).
- a Mediterranean fish.
- To cover or deck out with curls.
- To curl; make curly.
- To befool; make a fool of.
- To confound or stupefy.
- To damn or curse roundly or with iteration and emphasis; damn all over.
- To make damp; dampen.
- To dash against.
- To bespatter with liquid or powder.
- To ruin or obliterate.
- To smear upon; to soil.
- To ornament garishly; to overdecorate.
- To cause to become dazed.
- Agent noun of bed; one who beds.
- A bedmaker; a maid.
- To deck, ornament, or adorn; to grace.
- As a single unit or body; together.
- In order; one after another; in single file.
- Immediately; forthwith; quickly; straightway; anon; soon; early on; by and by.
- To cover or defile with dirt.
- An instrument for tightening the parts of a bedstead.
- A place or situation of chaotic uproar, and where confusion prevails.
- An insane person; a lunatic; a madman.
- A lunatic asylum; a madhouse.
- A pan used for urination and defecation while in bed, now usually for reasons of medical necessity or convenience.
- A bedridden person; a helpless cripple.
- To drip about or all over; drip onto (something).
- A band of harvesters.
- A crowd.
- To cover with drops; to splash or spatter.
- To drug abundantly or excessively.
- A form of rented accommodation consisting of a single room for use as both sitting room and bedroom; there may also be a small kitchen area and washing and toilet facilities, but these may be shared.
- To duck or immerse thoroughly; submerge.
- To make a duke.
- To behave or dress as a duke.
- To make or render dumb, or mute.
- To cover with dung or manure.
- To bedaub or defile.
- The state or essence of being a bee.
- A police informer.
- A cow used for beef and not milk.
- Something that makes a beeping sound, especially a simple computer speaker.
- A pager (device).
- of: cows, bulls, or steers.
- To make filthy; befoul; soil.
- To find; discover.
- To invent; contrive.
- To be found; be.
- To pester, as fleas do.
- To make a fool out of (someone); to fool, trick, or deceive (someone).
- Earlier than (in time).
- In front of in space.
- In the presence of.
- Under consideration, judgment, authority of (someone).
- In store for, in the future of (someone).
- In front of, according to a formal system of ordering items.
- At a higher or greater position in a ranking.
- At an earlier time.
- In advance.
- At the front end.
- in advance of the time when
- rather or sooner than
- To make foul; to soil.
- To entangle or run against so as to impede motion.
- To deceive; disappoint; jilt.
- A disappointment; trick.
- To entrust; endow.
- To give a gift or gifts to; bestow or present with gifts.
- To give as a gift.
- To gild; to cover with gold.
- To bind with a band or girdle.
- To encircle, surround, as with a gird; inclose; encompass.
- To surround or enclose
- To gnaw; to eat away at.
- To play a trick on, make a fool of.
- To befool; deceive; balk; jilt.
- An illusion; trick; cheat.
- The interest, benefit, or wellbeing of someone or something.
- One's role or rightful place; stead or authority.
- To hang round or about; depend; suspend; drape.
- To ornament; embellish.
- To conduct (oneself) well, or in a given way.
- To act, conduct oneself in a specific manner; definition
- To conduct, manage, regulate (something).
- To act in a polite or proper way.
- To remove the head; cut someone's head off.
- To give ear to; hear (intently); attend (to); pay attention or give heed to; listen to.
- To help (with); give aid or assistance to.
- Help; aid; assistance.
- A command, bidding; sometimes also, an authoritative request.
- A vow; a promise.
- To promise; vow.
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- To see, or to look at.
- Advantage or benefit.
- To put horns on; cuckold.
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- The capital city of Lebanon.
- The drinking game of beer pong.
- To play a trick on; trick or befool.
- Any climbing woody vine of the tropics with the habit of a liana; in the Philippines, especially any of various species of Calamus, the cane or rattan palm.
- to kiss repeatedly; cover with kisses.
- to kiss intensely or excessively
- To knit.
- To girdle or encircle.
- To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- To acknowledge; own; confess.
- To fasten, as with a lace or cord.
- To cover or adorn with lace.
- To beat with a strap.
- To retard; cause something to be late; delay; benight.
- To load with praise; praise greatly; extol.
Possible word length