Page 1 from 21
Total results: 21050
- To cause (something) to change its shape into a curve, by physical force, chemical action, or any other means.
- To become curved.
- To cause to change direction.
- To change direction.
- To be inclined; to direct itself.
- To stoop.
- To bow in prayer, or in token of submission.
- To force to submit.
- To submit.
- To apply to a task or purpose.
- To apply oneself to a task or purpose.
- To adapt or interpret to for a purpose or beneficiary.
- To tie, as in securing a line to a cleat; to shackle a chain to an anchor; make fast.
- To smoothly change the pitch of a note.
- To swing the body when rowing.
- A curve.
- Any of the various knots which join the ends of two lines.
- A severe condition caused by excessively quick decompression, causing bubbles of nitrogen to form in the blood; decompression sickness.
- One of the honourable ordinaries formed by two diagonal lines drawn from the dexter chief to the sinister base; it generally occupies a fifth part of the shield if uncharged, but if charged one third.
- Turn; purpose; inclination; ends.
- In the leather trade, the best quality of sole leather; a butt.
- Hard, indurated clay; bind.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a ship's sides, more generally called wales, which have the beams, knees, and futtocks bolted to them.
- The frames or ribs that form the ship's body from the keel to the top of the sides.
- A glissando, or glide between one pitch and another.
- (now poetic) Ebony; an ebony tree.
- Made of ebony.
- Black in colour.
- To check; to reprimand.
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A river in Ireland.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- A blue giant star in the constellation Cygnus; Alpha (α) Cygni. It forms one corner of the Summer Triangle. Deneb is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, and one of the most luminous stars known.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- Coagulated sour milk diluted with water.
- A fermented liquor made with coagulated sour milk.
- Overly inquiring; nosey.
- The name of several places in northern England and elsewhere (meaning new settlement).
- for someone from one of these places.
- To raise or rouse from bed.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present; missing.
- Not existing; lacking.
- Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied.
- Absentee; a person who is away on occasion.
- In the absence of; without.
- To keep (oneself) away.
- To keep (someone) away.
- Stay away; withdraw.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling an amoeba
- The bony material that makes up the plates in the mouth of the baleen whale, Mysticeti, which it uses to trap its food; formerly used in corsetry
- a baleen whale
- Marked with bands of colour.
- An Irish measure of two feet in length.
- A thing or person which bangs, in any sense.
- A firework that makes a bang.
- A woman's breast.
- A sausage.
- An old, worn-out car.
- A cylinder in a car.
- A member of a gang (shortened from the word gangbanger).
- A powerfully energetic piece of music, especially dance music.
- A rigid bracelet or anklet, especially one with no clasp.
- to beat about or beat down, as corn by the wind.
- to waste away little by little; squander carelessly; fritter (away).
- to beat about in the air; flutter: said of a hawk which does not rise steadily and then swoop down upon its prey.
- to flap or hang down loosely, as a hat brim or an animal's ear.
- The cut branch of a tree; a large, rough stick; the largest piece of wood in a bundle of twigs
- Piled high.
- Of a cheque, deposited in a bank.
- Forbidden; not allowed.
- Good-humoured, playful, typically spontaneous conversation.
- To engage in banter or playful conversation.
- To play or do something amusing.
- To tease (someone) mildly.
- To joke about; to ridicule (a trait, habit, etc.).
- To delude or trick; to play a prank upon.
- To challenge to a match.
- An English topographic surname for someone who owned, lived in, or worked in a barn.
- An English habitational surname for someone from the place of the same name in Surrey.
- A town originally in Surrey, now a district of London.
- To become better; improve in condition, especially by feeding.
- To feed to revel
- To thrive by feeding; grow fat; feed oneself gluttonously.
- To thrive, prosper, or live in luxury, especially at the expense of others; fare sumptuously.
- To gratify a morbid appetite or craving; gloat.
- To improve by feeding; fatten; make fat or cause to thrive due to plenteous feeding.
- To fertilize or enrich, as land.
- A thin strip of wood used in construction to hold members of a structure together or to provide a fixing point.
- A long strip of wood, metal, fibreglass etc., used for various purposes aboard ship, especially one inserted in a pocket sewn on the sail in order to keep the sail flat.
- In stagecraft, a long pipe, usually metal, affixed to the ceiling or fly system in a theater.
- The movable bar of a loom, which strikes home or closes the threads of a woof.
- To furnish with battens.
- To fasten or secure a hatch etc using battens.
- A silver coin minted in Bern, Switzerland from the 15th century until the mid-19th century, equal to 10 rappen.
- A Mexican.
- A pitch deliberately thrown at the head (the of the batter.
- A superior or admirable person; something excellent.
- A cap that fits the head closely, usually knitted from wool.
- Short for a small soft toy filled with beans or similar stuffing.
- repeatedly struck
- mixed by paddling with a wooden spoon or other implement
- To bang about.
- To give bangs to; style in bangs.
- To wave and/or to nod to somebody with the intention to make the person come closer.
- To seem attractive and inviting
- A sign made without words; a beck.
- A children's game similar to hide and seek in which children who have been "caught" may escape if they see another hider beckon to them.
- a Mediterranean fish.
- To damn or curse roundly or with iteration and emphasis; damn all over.
- As a single unit or body; together.
- In order; one after another; in single file.
- Immediately; forthwith; quickly; straightway; anon; soon; early on; by and by.
- A pan used for urination and defecation while in bed, now usually for reasons of medical necessity or convenience.
- To cover with dung or manure.
- To bedaub or defile.
- To find; discover.
- To invent; contrive.
- To be found; be.
- To gnaw; to eat away at.
- To befool; deceive; balk; jilt.
- An illusion; trick; cheat.
- To hang round or about; depend; suspend; drape.
- To ornament; embellish.
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- To put horns on; cuckold.
- Draped; ornamented with something hanging.
- To knit.
- To girdle or encircle.
- To know about; have knowledge of; recognise; understand; be aware (of); be knowledgeable about.
- To acknowledge; own; confess.
- an unincorporated community in Kentucky, USA.
- a city in Missouri, USA.
- a city in South Carolina, USA.
- a city in Texas, USA
- a community in Ontario, Canada.
- a village in England
- a village in Lincolnshire, England
- a village in England
- To mean; signify; inform.
- To make mean or base, demean.
- To moan or complain about; be dismayed or worried about something.
- To swear on oath; to solemnly declare; promise; give.
- To name; give a name (to); mention by name; nominate; denominate; call.
- To name; call; style; describe as.
- Property that is transacted under the name of a proxy to conceal the identity of the buyer.
- A person owning such property.
- Kind; gentle; mild.
- (of a climate or environment) mild and favorable
- not harmful to the environment: [in combination] an ozone-benign refrigerant.
- Not posing any serious threat to health; not particularly aggressive or recurrent.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- To annotate or make notes upon, especially excessively.
- To make numb, as by cold or anesthetic.
- To deaden.
- A transparent crystalline substance, C6H5.CO. NH2, obtained by the action of ammonia on benzoyl chloride and by several other reactions with benzoyl compounds.
- The organic compound 1,2-diphenyl-1,2-ethanedione, a diketone used as an intermediate in organic synthesis and as a photoinitiator for free-radical curing of polymer networks.
- The univalent radical C6H5-CH2- related to toluene and benzoic acid
- To rain upon; wet with rain; moisten.
- An inhabitant of the ancient city of Berea in what is now northern Greece.
- A member of certain Protestant groups.
- name, also used as a formal given name.
- A mountain range in northeast Wales.
- Furnished; arrayed; dressed; equipped.
- Accomplished; versed.
- To sing of or sing about; celebrate in song or poetry; sing the praises of; praise; laud.
- To sing to.
- To snow on; cover with snow, or as if with snow.
- To scatter like snow.
- To whiten.
- To spin around or about, so as to cover; spin all over.
- To endow with a tone; give a special tone to; place stress upon; accentuate; emphasise.
- Any plant of the genus Stachys.
- an herb used in traditional European medicine.
- Any plant of the genus Pedicularis (louseworts).
- Torn in pieces; tattered.
- To turn; turn around.
- Further away than.
- On the far side of.
- Later than; after.
- Greater than; so as to exceed or surpass.
- In addition to.
- Past, or out of reach of.
- Farther along or away.
- In addition; more.
- extremely, more than
- The unknown.
- The hereafter.
- Something that is far beyond.
- A coin made of gold or silver, minted at Byzantium and used in currency throughout mediaeval Europe.
- The heraldic representation of a gold coin.
- The three-dimensional shape swept by revolving an isosceles triangle around its edge of unequal length, or by joining two identical right circular cones, base to base.
- A form of spear having two prongs
- Double; growing in pairs or couples.
- To perform bination; to hold Mass twice on the same day.
- name="OED1"/> Any given length of cord, rope, twine, etc, used to bind something.
- A bundle carried by a hobo (usually containing his possessions), often on a stick slung over the shoulder; a blanket roll.
- Any bundle or package; specifically one containing narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, or morphine.
- A minor collision, especially between motor vehicles.
- A hairstyle for women that is somewhere between a bob and a shingle.
- A base hit in which the batter stops safely at first base.
- A double point of a surface whose tangent cone consists of two different planes.
- An early North American academic computer network, supporting e-mail and listservs but pre-dating the World Wide Web.
- A vane that is doubly jointed so as to indicate both horizontal and vertical components of a fluid's flow
- To shrink; start back; give way; flinch; turn aside or fly off.
- To quail.
- To deceive; cheat.
- To draw back from; shrink; avoid; elude; deny, as from fear.
- To hinder; obstruct; disconcert; foil.
- To fly off; to turn aside.
- A deceit; a trick.
- A sidelong glance.
- To blanch.
- A true blenny, any of various marine fishes from the suborder Blennioidei that are generally small and elongated which dwell on the sea floor, including scaled and scaleless forms and dramatically divergent appearance, in several families.
- A number of unrelated fish of similar appearance.
- A prostitute; a courtesan.
- To mix clay and water.
- An American aerospace company that has created many commercial airplanes.
- To make bold; to embolden.
- The great skua, Stercorarius skua.
- Remarkable; wonderful.
- A narrow, frequently unpaved, rural road in Ireland.
- A compound of one atom of boron and three atoms or molecules of a univalent radical.
- To change the direction of motion after hitting an obstacle.
- To move quickly up and then down, or vice versa, once or repeatedly.
- To cause to move quickly up and down, or back and forth, once or repeatedly.
- To suggest or introduce (an idea, etc.) to (off or by) somebody, in order to gain feedback.
- To leap or spring suddenly or unceremoniously; to bound.
- To move rapidly (between).
- To be refused by a bank because it is drawn on insufficient funds.
- To fail to cover (a draft presented against one's account).
- To leave.
- To eject violently, as from a room; to discharge unceremoniously, as from employment.
- (sometimes employing the preposition with) To have sexual intercourse.
- To attack unexpectedly.
- To turn power off and back on; to reset
- To return undelivered.
- To land hard and lift off again due to excess momentum.
- To land hard on unsurvivable velocity with fatal results.
- To bully; to scold.
- To strike or thump, so as to rebound, or to make a sudden noise; to knock loudly.
- To boast; to bluster.
- A change of direction of motion after hitting the ground or an obstacle.
- A movement up and then down (or vice versa), once or repeatedly.
- An email return with any error.
- The sack, licensing.
- A bang, boom.
- A drink based on brandy.
- A heavy, sudden, and often noisy, blow or thump.
- Bluster; brag; untruthful boasting; audacious exaggeration; an impudent lie; a bouncer.
- Scyllium catulus, a European dogfish.
- A genre of New Orleans music.
- A 'good' beat.
- A talent for leaping.
- Of or pertaining to cattle.
- Belonging to the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cows, buffalo, and bison.
- Sluggish, dull, slow-witted.
- An animal of the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cattle, buffaloes and bison.
- Pertaining to, made of, or resembling brass (in color or strength).
- Sounding harsh and loud, like brass cymbals or brass instruments.
- Extremely strong; impenetrable; resolute.
- Shamelessly shocking and offensive; audacious; impudent; barefaced; immodest, unblushing.
- To turn a brass color.
- Generally followed by or : to carry through in a brazen manner; to act boldly despite embarrassment, risk, etc.
- A town in Powys, Wales.
- A judge or lawgiver in ancient Celtic Ireland.
- A French card game: three of a kind; gleek.
- One of the component states of Germany according to the current administrative division of the nation.
- A city of northwest Germany on the Weser River southwest of Hamburg; it is a major port and was a leading member of the Hanseatic League in the middle ages.
- a spelling variant of Brown.
- a type of surfboat used in India
- a unit of measurement for land area used in the Low Countries
- A botched or incompetently handled situation.
- To botch up, bumble or incompetently perform a task; to make or mend clumsily; to manage awkwardly.
- bunkmate, someone with which one shares a bunk bed.
- a hut holding a bunk or bunks, a free-standing bedroom separate from the main house, which may or may not have other facilities (a fully outfitted outer house would be a guest house and not a bunkie)
- One who bunts.
- A woman who picks up rags in the streets.
- A low, vulgar woman.
- A hydrocarbon (either of the two isomers of C4H10 n-butane, and 2-methyl-propane) found in gaseous petroleum fractions.
- The n-butane isomer only.
- Either of two isomeric acetylenes containing four carbon atoms and a triple bond
- An alkaloid obtained from the Buxus sempervirens, or identical with bebeerine.
- Having been or happened in the distant past.
- An event that happened in the past.
- A line at the head of a newspaper or magazine article carrying the writer's name.
- A touchline.
- To provide (an article) with a byline.
- A short chain mail shirt, covering from the upper arms to the upper thighs.
- The tripod, pylon, or struts usually at the centre-section of a biplane or high-winged monoplane.
- Of or pertaining to capuchins
- capuchin monkey, primate of the genus Cebus
- One of the Platonic hydrocarbons, C8H8, having the carbon atoms placed at the vertices of a cube.
- A river of Europe, which arises in Germany, and flows 2850 km (1775 miles) to the Black Sea in Romania.
- A city/town in Minnesota, US.
- A town in New York, US.
- To remove the bones from.
- To discredit, or expose to ridicule the falsehood or the exaggerated claims of something.
- The action of something that ebbs.
- to throw up a bank so as to confine or to defend; to protect by a bank of earth or stone
- To give strength or ability to; to make firm and strong.
- To make able (to do, or to be, something); to confer sufficient power upon; to furnish with means, opportunities, and the like; to render competent for; to empower; to endow.
- To allow a way out or excuse for an action.
- To activate a function of an electronical or mechanical device.
- To deposit in a tomb.
- To confine in restrictive surroundings.
- To place or cause to be contained in the womb; to make pregnant; to conceive.
- To enclose.
- A restricting bandage or frenum
- an annual plant with pink or purple flowers and deeply crenate leaves.
- Unable, not able.
- To enable.
- Bred within; innate.
- Having an ancestry characterized by inbreeding.
- Describing a strain produced through successive generations of inbreeding resulting in a population of genetically identical individuals which are homozygous at all genetic loci.
- An inbred individual.
- To bring into debt; to place under obligation.
- A particular fungicide.
- One who grabs or snatches.
- adjacent, near, very close
- next to, close to
- The skin of a fawn, as worn by Dionysus, and as worn in his honor by his male followers and female followers (maenads) and other votaries in Ancient Greece. It has also been shown as a panther or fox skin in different contexts.
- A cloud in outer space consisting of gas or dust (e.g. a cloud formed after a star explodes).
- A white spot or slight opacity of the cornea.
- A cloudy appearance in the urine
- Edged in a deeply wavy line, intended to represent clouds.
- having a nib or point
- having the nib of a stamp's perforation removed or damaged (philately)
- Having a nimb or halo.
- Quick and light in movement or action.
- Quick-witted and alert.
- To injure or obstruct intentionally.
- To gain influence by corrupt means or intimidation.
- To steal.
- A small knob or lump.
- To beat or bruise with the fist.
- Of an age suitable for marriage; marriageable (principally of a young woman).
- Sexually attractive (especially of a young woman).
- A young sexually attractive woman.
- An abstract entity used to describe quantity.
- A numeral: a symbol for a non-negative integer.
- A member of one of several classes: natural numbers, integers, rational numbers, real numbers, complex numbers, quaternions.
- Indicating the position of something in a list or sequence. Abbreviations: No or No., no or no. (in each case, sometimes written with a superscript "o", like Nº or №). The symbol "#" is also used in this manner.
- A sequence of digits and letters used to register people, automobiles, and various other items.
- A telephone number.
- Of a word or phrase, the state of being singular, dual or plural, shown by inflection.
- Poetic metres; verses, rhymes.
- A performance; especially, a single song or song and dance routine within a larger show.
- A person.
- An item of clothing, particularly a stylish one.
- A marijuana cigarette, or joint; also, a quantity of marijuana bought form a dealer.
- An issue of a periodical publication.
- To label (items) with numbers; to assign numbers to (items).
- To total or count; to amount to.
- Half of a byte, i.e. four bits
- To oppose; to hold out in opposition.
- To offer as the reason for something; to pretend.
- A poisonous bulbous plant, Buphane toxicaria.
- Revived or regenerated, especially emotionally or spiritually.
- A manufactured vinyl doll that has been transformed to resemble a human baby with as much realism as possible.
- The roots of the plant used for dyeing crimson.
- A grilled or toasted sandwich made with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and either Russian dressing or Thousand Island dressing.
- First son of Jacob, by his wife Leah.
- One of the Israelite tribes, descended from Reuben.
- A male given name.
- A leguminous shrub ( or others of the genus Sesbania) which furnishes a fiber used for making ropes.
- The abstraction of a sequence.
- A portion of a network that shares a network address in which each component is identified by a number.
- To break (a network) into subnets.
- Of or pertaining to Thebes.
- Someone of, from, or pertaining to, Thebes.
- A stout twilled silk used for dresses.
- Not able; lacking a certain ability.
- To unpack from bales.
- To lay bare; to expose.
- To remove or loose the bearing rein of (a horse).
- To remove a belt
- to relax, unwind
- To remove a bend so as to make, or allow to become, straight
- To release (a load) from a strain or from exertion; to set at ease for a time; to relax.
- To unfasten sails from the spars or stays to which are attached for use.
- To cast loose or untie
- To cease to be bent; to become straight.
- To relax in exertion, attention, severity, or the like
- to enjoy oneself
- Not bent
- Erect, upright, or straight
- Not having been bled.
- To deprive of bones, as meat; to bone.
- To twist about, as if boneless.
- Untaught or untrained.
- Not born.
- Not well-bred; ill-bred.
- To disrobe, to undress.
- Courteous, polite, refined, and suave.
- Being in a state of abeyance.
- A unit of inductance equal to one billionth (1 x 10-9) of a henry, used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units.
- Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- A region of Syria south and southeast of Damascus.
- A city of west-central Texas west-southwest of Fort Worth; founded in 1881 with the coming of the railroad, the city first prospered as a shipping center for cattle.
- A city in Kansas
- Belonging to a prehistoric culture of central Texas, characterized by oval grinding stones.
- Washing away; carrying off impurities; detergent.
- A detergent.
- A yellow supergiant in the constellation Perseus; Alpha (α) Persei.
- A variable star in the constellation Pegasus; Gamma (γ) Pegasi. It forms one corner of the square of Pegasus.
- Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping.
- Evoking or creating an atmosphere: atmospheric.
- Relating to, or suitable for, storage at room temperature.
- Containing objects or describing a setting that one is interested in.
- Something that surrounds; encompassing material, substance or shape.
- The atmosphere; the surrounding air or sky; atmospheric components collectively such as air, clouds, water vapour, hail, etc.
- A type of modern music which incorporates elements of various musical styles, and creates a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
- A fragrant substance derived from ambergris, used in the perfume industry.
- A resort town on the Côte d'Azur in the Alpes-Maritimes department of southeastern France.
- A bone in the arm, specifically, the humerus.
- succession to the goods of a stranger not naturalized
- A pig raised to produce bacon.
- The quality of being bad.
- A microstructure of steel consisting of needle-like particles of cementite embedded in a ferrite matrix.
- Of or pertaining to baths or to bathing
- A type of sausage; bologna.
- A band for the hair.
- A band.
- A narrow, tight bra, especially when strapless; hence, ant women's top made from a similar band of fabric.
- A stringed instrument similar in form to a guitar; a pandore.
- Exceedingly harmful; causing harm, death, ruin.
- Deadly or sinister.
- Portending disaster.
- A large celebratory meal; a feast.
- A dessert; a course of sweetmeats.
- To participate in a banquet; to feast.
- To have dessert after a feast.
- To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
- A wild ox, found in Borneo, Malaysia and the Indochina peninsula.
- Full of banter or good-humored raillery.
- Barents Sea
- The regions of Norway and Russia that border the Barents Sea.
- A hereditary title, below a peerage and senior to most knighthoods, entitling the bearer to the titular prefix "Sir" (for men) or "Dame" (for women) which is used in conjunction with the holder's Christian name. It is inheritable, usually by the eldest son, although a few baronetcies can also pass through the female line.
- To tend a bar; to act as a barman.
- A player positioned at or near a base: first baseman, second baseman or third baseman.
- Enclosed in a basin.
- A city in the Irrawaddy Delta, Burma.
- a suburb of Mumbai (Bombay), India.
- A city in Germany.
- A waistcoat with sleeves made from undyed wool, typically worn by labourers and fishermen.
- The woolen yarn such waistcoats are made from.
- A pointed instrument of the dagger kind fitted on the muzzle of a musket or rifle, so as to give the soldier increased means of offence and defence. Originally, the bayonet was made with a handle, which required to be fitted into the bore of the musket after the soldier had fired.
- A pin which plays in and out of holes made to receive it, and which thus serves to engage or disengage parts of the machinery.
- To stab with a bayonet.
- To compel or drive by the bayonet.
- A city and commune of southwest France.
- A city in Hudson County, New Jersey, United States
- Decoration or ornamental molding resembling a string of beads or of a semicircular cross section.
- The beads or bead-forming quality of certain liquors.
- Smilingly happy; showing happy emotion.
- The act of someone or something that beams.
- An inexpensive restaurant or cafe; bistro.
- That which bears (whatever this combining form combines with).
- Of a beam, column, or other device, carrying weight or load.
- A mechanical device that supports another part and/or reduces friction.
- The horizontal angle between the direction of an object and another object, or between it and that of true north; a heading or direction.
- Relevance; a relationship or connection.
- One's posture, demeanor, or manner.
- Direction or relative position.
- That part of any member of a building which rests upon its supports.
- The portion of a support on which anything rests.
- The unsupported span.
- Any single emblem or charge in an escutcheon or coat of arms.
- The action by which someone or something is beaten.
- A heavy defeat or setback.
- The pulsation of the heart.
- A person who dresses in a manner that is not socially acceptable and therewith is supposed to reject of conventional norms of thought and behavior; nonconformist in dress and behavior
- A person associated with the Beat Generation of the 1950s and 1960s or its style.
- To place a crown upon; crown.
- The textiles associated with a bed, e.g., sheets, pillowcases, bedspreads, blankets, etc.
- Any material used by or provided to animals to lie on.
- a structure occurring in granite and similar massive rocks that allows them to split in well-defined planes horizontally or parallel to the land surface
- the temporary planting of fast-growing plants into flower beds to create colourful, temporary, seasonal displays, during spring, summer or winter
- an article of women's clothing for the upper body, usually thigh-length and wrapping or tying in front; a bedjacket.
- a nightgown.
- To ornament something in showy, tasteless, or gaudy finery.
- To dirty; cover with dirt.
- A person who spends most of their time in bed; a slugabed.
- Consisting or made of the wood or bark of the beech.
- An instance of beeping; a sound that beeps.
- The act of one who begs.
- To groan about; bewail; groan at.
- Of or pertaining to behenic acid or its derivatives.
- To cover or smear with honey.
- To sweeten with honey, or with honeyed words.
- A fritter (with a fruit or vegetable filling).
- A Louisiana-style fried doughnut or fritter covered in powdered sugar.
- To treat as a knave.
- To call (someone) a knave.
- A person from Belgium or of Belgian descent.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Belgium or the Belgian people.
- A hypothetical extinct Indo-European language, supposed to have been spoken distinct from Celtic in late prehistory, in certain parts of what has become known as Gaul.
- The ninth satellite of Uranus.
- Bellowing; the sound of a male deer during the rutting season
- A shivaree.
- The name of many places, including:
- a village in and the county seat of New York, USA.
- Any member of the Belonidae.
- The first day of May (since 1752); May Day, a Scottish quarter day, sometimes associated by Christians with the nearest Church Feast, the Invention of the Cross (May 3rd), and Whitsunday (May 15th).
- An ancient Gaelic/Celtic May Day holiday celebration, at which large bonfires were built on the hill tops, revived by Celtic neopagans.
- A beating with a belt.
- A thorough defeat; a thrashing.
- A system of beltwork, as in a conveyor or other mechanical device.
- The material from which belts for machinery are made.
- Very good; exceptional
- a city in Mississippi, USA, and the county seat of Humphreys County.
- a place name and former settlement in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, USA.
- To weep or mourn over.
- A senior member of a law society in a Canadian province (except New Brunswick).
- One of the senior governing members of an Inn of Court.
- An alderman of a corporation.
- A member of a court or council.
- One who frequents the benches of a tavern; an idler.
Possible word length