Page 1 from 24
Total results: 24249
- A variety of soft, mild French cheese made from cow's milk.
- A type of wild mountain goat of the genus Capra, such as the species
- A maneuver in which the stern of a sailing boat or ship crosses the wind, typically resulting in the sudden sweep of the boom from one side of the sailboat to the other.
- To perform a jibe.
- To cause to execute a jibe.
- To agree.
- A facetious or insulting remark, a jeer or taunt.
- To make a mocking remark or remarks, jeer.
- To mock, taunt.
- To say in a mocking or taunting manner.
- A chilblain or ulcer, especially on the heel of the foot.
- A vibraphone.
- An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing.
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- To agree.
- To get along; to hit it off.
- A diminutive of the female given name Abigail.
- Accept, comply or act in accordance.
- To wait in expectation.
- To pause; to delay.
- To stay; to continue in a place; to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to be left.
- To have one's abode; to dwell; to reside; to sojourn.
- To endure; to remain; to last.
- To stand ready for; to await for someone; watch for.
- To endure without yielding; to withstand; await defiantly; to encounter; to persevere.
- To endure or undergo a hard trial or a task; to stand up under.
- To await submissively; accept without question; submit to.
- To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with; stand.
- To pay for; to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for; to atone for.
- To make dim; to obscure or darken.
- A thin, often flavored, Indian cigarette made of tobacco wrapped in a tendu leaf.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- Upper arm muscle which bends the elbow. Usage note: Certain authors spell the singular of this word biceps.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- A motorcyclist who is a member of a club; a biker.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- An animal, being or construction that goes about on two feet (or two legs).
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- A railway carriage.
- A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- various hostile supernatural creatures, especially a ghost.
- of: the wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- an unknown or hostile aircraft.
- a booger.
- a score of one over par on a hole.
- a cigarette.
- Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To give a bribe to; specifically, to ask a person to do something, usually against his/her will, in exchange for some type of reward or relief from potential trouble.
- To gain by a bribe; to induce as by a bribe.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- Any member of the Cebidae.
- A diminutive of the male given names Ebenezer and Eben.
- A city in the province of Guipúzcoa, Basque Country, Spain
- A single elongated piece of a given material, roughly round in cross-section, often twisted with other fibers to form thread.
- A material in the form of fibers.
- A material whose length is at least 1000 times its width.
- Dietary fiber.
- Moral strength and resolve.
- The preimage of a given point in the range of a map.
- Said to be of a morphism over a global element: The pullback of the said morphism along the said global element.
- A kind of lightweight thread of execution.
- One who utters gibes.
- To wet or stain an object completely with some physical quality.
- In general, to act in a way which results in an object becoming completely permeated or impregnated by some quality.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- A unit of land used in the Middle East; its precise size depends on region and on time-period, and can range from a thousand square meters to a hectare.
- A Japanese-American who is born in the United States but primarily educated in Japan.
- A written or pictorial false statement which unjustly seeks to damage someone's reputation.
- The act or crime of displaying such a statement publicly.
- Any defamatory writing; a lampoon; a satire.
- A written declaration or statement by the plaintiff of his cause of action, and of the relief he seeks.
- A brief writing of any kind, especially a declaration, bill, certificate, request, supplication, etc.
- To defame someone, especially in a manner that meets the legal definition of libel.
- To proceed against (a ship, goods, etc.) by filing a libel.
- To bid again on something.
- To require a new set of bids for.
- To bid a higher value of the current suit.
- A second or subsequent (normally higher) bid.
- A socially, ethnically, and politically cohesive group of people.
- A society larger than a band but smaller than a state.
- A group of apes who live and work together.
- The collective noun for various animals.
- A hierarchal rank between family and genus.
- A family of animals descended from some particular female progenitor, through the female line.
- To distribute into tribes or classes; to categorize.
- An extensive patch of subcutaneous extravasation of blood.
- The large Indian civet, Viverra zibetha.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.
- One who abides, or continues.
- One who dwells or stays; a resident.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- To descend a steep or vertical drop using a rope with a mechanical friction device or (classic abseil) by wrapping the rope around the body; to rappel.
- A descent in mountaineering using a rope looped at the top and a friction device.
- Possible to be done; practicable.
- Although, despite (it) being.
- Nourishing.The American Heritage® Stedman’s Medical Dictionary
- Of, or pertaining to, an amoeba.
- Spoiled or coddled.
- A ride on the back of a bicycle or motorbike.
- A person of bad character in a work of fiction; in a western he will typically wear a black hat.
- one who bails or lades.
- a utensil, as a bucket or cup, used in bailing; a machine for bailing water out of a pit.
- Agent noun of bait; one who baits, as with a fishhook.
- A troll who deliberately posts aggravating messages on a message board to elicit responses.
- Covered with baize.
- Somebody who is bald.
- The bald eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus).
- A fish, the baldchin groper.
- A pole or frame raised as a sea beacon or landmark.
- A minor poet or bard; used as a self-deprecatory epithet by Robert Burns.
- Rude and insolent; bolshie.
- The edible larva of an insect.
- A mineral, barium sulphate, with the chemical formula BaSO4.
- A cap that fits the head closely, usually knitted from wool.
- Short for a small soft toy filled with beans or similar stuffing.
- Relating to, or relieving, a cough.
- A medicine for relieving coughs.
- To fold in the arms; embrace; clasp.
- To wrap around; enclose; encircle; surround.
- To include; comprise; comprehend; contain.
- To lay hold of; seize upon; grip; catch; overtake.
- To curdle (milk).
- To clip around or about (the edges of); crop.
- To cover or defile with dirt.
- To drip about or all over; drip onto (something).
- A band of harvesters.
- A crowd.
- A form of rented accommodation consisting of a single room for use as both sitting room and bedroom; there may also be a small kitchen area and washing and toilet facilities, but these may be shared.
- To make filthy; befoul; soil.
- To find; discover.
- To invent; contrive.
- To be found; be.
- To entrust; endow.
- To give a gift or gifts to; bestow or present with gifts.
- To give as a gift.
- To gild; to cover with gold.
- To bind with a band or girdle.
- To encircle, surround, as with a gird; inclose; encompass.
- To surround or enclose
- At the back of; positioned with something else in front of.
- To the back of.
- After, time- or motion-wise.
- responsible for
- In support of.
- Left a distance by, in progress or improvement; inferior to.
- At the back part; in the rear.
- Toward the back part or rear; backward.
- Overdue, in arrears.
- Slow; of a watch or clock.
- existing afterwards
- Backward in time or order of succession; past.
- Behind the scenes in a theatre; backstage.
- Not yet brought forward, produced, or exhibited to view; out of sight; remaining.
- the rear, back-end
- butt, the buttocks, bottom
- A one-point score.
- The catcher.
- In the Eton College field game, any of a group of players consisting of two "shorts" (who try to kick the ball over the bully) and a "long" (who defends the goal).
- The capital city of Lebanon.
- The drinking game of beer pong.
- to kiss repeatedly; cover with kisses.
- to kiss intensely or excessively
- To knit.
- To girdle or encircle.
- Of or pertaining to the Belgae, a German tribe who anciently possessed the country between the Rhine, the Seine, and the ocean.
- Of or pertaining to the Netherlands or to Belgium.
- To lick or lick about.
- Mental acceptance of a claim as true.
- Faith or trust in the reality of something; often based upon one's own reasoning, trust in a claim, desire of actuality, and/or evidence considered.
- Something believed.
- The quality or state of believing.
- Religious faith.
- One's religious or moral convictions.
- To besmear or entangle with or as with bird-lime.
- To remain, stay.
- Quickly, forthwith.
- Soon, presently, before long; by and by; anon
- warlike; martial
- A city in Kansas, USA, and the county seat of Mitchell County.
- A village in Ohio
- A city and town in Wisconsin
- To soil (or be soiled) with mud
- To cover or envelop with mist, or as with mist.
- To soil or encumber with mire and dirt.
- Property that is transacted under the name of a proxy to conceal the identity of the buyer.
- A person owning such property.
- Kind; gentle; mild.
- (of a climate or environment) mild and favorable
- not harmful to the environment: [in combination] an ozone-benign refrigerant.
- Not posing any serious threat to health; not particularly aggressive or recurrent.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- The organic compound 1,2-diphenyl-1,2-ethanedione, a diketone used as an intermediate in organic synthesis and as a photoinitiator for free-radical curing of polymer networks.
- To rain upon; wet with rain; moisten.
- To ride around; beset with horsemen.
- To ride beside or by the side of.
- To ride upon; infest.
- name, also used as a formal given name.
- A diminutive of Bertram, Albert or of any male given names ending in -bert.
- Next to; at the side of.
- Not relevant to.
- Besides; in addition to.
- otherwise; else
- To sing of or sing about; celebrate in song or poetry; sing the praises of; praise; laud.
- To sing to.
- To cover with or as with soil; stain; sully.
- To spin around or about, so as to cover; spin all over.
- To spit upon; soil with spittle.
- A diminutive of Elizabeth, also used as a formal female given name.
- Bessie, a lake monster supposed to exist in Lake Erie in the United States.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- To put into brisk or vigorous action; to move with life and vigor.
- To make active; to rouse oneself.
- To happen to.
- To happen; to take place; to bechance or befall.
- To occur; betide.
- To worry or exercise with toil.
- To set in order; to adorn, deck, or embellish.
- To trim (anything) about.
- To cover or furnish with a veil.
- To wail over; to feel or express deep sorrow for
- The territory under the jurisdiction of a bey.
- exhibiting bias; prejudiced
- angled at a slant
- (electrical engineering) on which an electrical bias is applied
- (Statistics) exhibiting a systematic distortion of results due to a factor not allowed for in its derivation.
- One given to drinking alcoholic beverages too freely; a tippler.
- To eat and/or drink noisily.
- To tipple.
- To quarrel in a tiresome, insulting manner.
- To move tremulously, quiver, shimmer (of a water stream, of a flame)
- To skirmish; to exchange blows; to fight.
- A skirmish; an encounter.
- A fight with stones between two parties of boys.
- A wrangle; also, a noise, as in angry contention.
- A wooden drinking-cup or other dish.
- The three-dimensional shape swept by revolving an isosceles triangle around its edge of unequal length, or by joining two identical right circular cones, base to base.
- Someone who bids, e.g. at an auction
- A diminutive of the female given name Bridget.
- A surname of Scottish origin.
- A form of spear having two prongs
- Sheltered from the weather; affording shelter.
- A double-sided stone tool
- Any fish in the taxonomic family , which have large eyes.
- Any of certain fish or shark species identified by their large eyes, in particular
- A cheat, especially one who evades payment
- Having a specified kind of bill (beak or beak-like projection).
- name derived from Bill, the diminutive of William.
- A nickname for Belinda.
- A gentle, meandering walk with no particular haste or purpose.
- To walk with no particular haste or purpose.
- Double; growing in pairs or couples.
- To perform bination; to hold Mass twice on the same day.
- name="OED1"/> Any given length of cord, rope, twine, etc, used to bind something.
- A bundle carried by a hobo (usually containing his possessions), often on a stick slung over the shoulder; a blanket roll.
- Any bundle or package; specifically one containing narcotics such as cocaine, heroin, or morphine.
- A minor collision, especially between motor vehicles.
- A hairstyle for women that is somewhere between a bob and a shingle.
- A base hit in which the batter stops safely at first base.
- A double point of a surface whose tangent cone consists of two different planes.
- A birdwatcher.
- A person who hunts birds.
- a kind of American cross country ski race.
- A city in Arizona.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- To cut or divide into two parts.
- To divide an angle, line segment, or other figure into two equal parts.
- A bisector, which divides into two equal parts.
- An envelope, card, or fragment thereof showing an affixed cut half of a regular issued stamp, over which one or more postal markings have been applied. Typically used in wartime when normal lower rate stamps may not be available.
- An early North American academic computer network, supporting e-mail and listservs but pre-dating the World Wide Web.
- A mongrel dog.
- A bike assembled from bits and pieces.
- Having an acrid taste (usually from a basic substance).
- Harsh, piercing or stinging.
- Hateful or hostile.
- Cynical and resentful.
- A liquid or powder, made from bitter herbs, used in mixed drinks or as a tonic.
- A type of beer heavily flavored with hops.
- A turn of a cable about the bitts.
- To make bitter.
- A hardware system whose architecture is based around units of the specified number of bits (binary digits).
- bitch, girl, woman, especially one that is promiscuous
- The compound formed by condensation of two molecules of urea with the loss of a molecule of ammonia, (NH2-CO)2NH, or any of its derivatives
- A vane that is doubly jointed so as to indicate both horizontal and vertical components of a fluid's flow
- A blow job.
- A blowfly,
- The common toadfish,
- A diminutive of the male given name Robert.
- A diminutive of the female given name Roberta.
- A member of a 1950s rock subculture; a male member of the subculture.
- A sleeveless shirt for women, sometimes provided with detachable sleeves.
- Blouse; any shirt for women, particularly the upper part of a two-piece dress or European folk costume.
- The upper portion of a women's one-piece dress, equivalent to a shirt.
- Underbodice: an undershirt for women, particularly a corset or other undershirt stiffened with whalebone.
- Having a specified form of body.
- Having a bodily form; corporeal or incarnate.
- An American aerospace company that has created many commercial airplanes.
- Cooked in boiling water.
- Having reached the boiling point.
- A type of hornblendic gabbro.
- An extremely bright meteor
- Any extraterrestrial body that collides with Earth
- A fireball
- The great skua, Stercorarius skua.
- A hobgoblin.
- A species of bettong.
- A piece of solid or semi-solid mucus in or removed from the nostril cavity; booger.
- Dancing usually prominently exhibiting movements of the buttocks.
- A large, organised skydiving event.
- To dance a boogie.
- To move, walk, leave, exit.
- A bookmaker, being a person who, or business which, takes bets from the general public on sporting events and similar.
- A compound of one atom of boron and three atoms or molecules of a univalent radical.
- Of or pertaining to cattle.
- Belonging to the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cows, buffalo, and bison.
- Sluggish, dull, slow-witted.
- An animal of the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cattle, buffaloes and bison.
- braccae, breeches; an undergarment worn in medieval Europe
- A European marine fish, Pagrus pagrus, allied to the American scup; the becker. The name is sometimes applied to the related species.
- A kind of small charcoal used for roasting ore.
- Meat cooked by braising.
- a kind of broth thickened with bread or meal
- One who takes a bribe.
- The headgear with which a horse is directed and which carries a bit and reins.
- A restraint; a curb; a check.
- A length of line or cable attached to two parts of something to spread the force of a pull, as the rigging on a kite for attaching line.
- A mooring hawser.
- A piece in the interior of a gunlock which holds in place the tumbler, sear, etc.
- To put a bridle on.
- To check, restrain, or control with, or as if with, a bridle; as in bridle your tongue.
- To show hostility or resentment.
- A place where briars grow.
- To strike (a person), originally with something flat or heavy, but now specifically in such a way as to discolour the skin without breaking it.
- To damage the skin of (fruit), in an analogous way.
- Of fruit, to gain bruises through being handled roughly.
- To become bruised.
- To fight with the fists; to box.
- A purplish mark on the skin due to leakage of blood from capillaries under the surface that have been damaged by a blow.
- A dark mark on fruit caused by a blow to its surface.
- bunkmate, someone with which one shares a bunk bed.
- a hut holding a bunk or bunks, a free-standing bedroom separate from the main house, which may or may not have other facilities (a fully outfitted outer house would be a guest house and not a bunkie)
- Placed in a grave at a burial.
- Concealed, hidden.
- An alkaloid obtained from the Buxus sempervirens, or identical with bebeerine.
- A line at the head of a newspaper or magazine article carrying the writer's name.
- A touchline.
- To provide (an article) with a byline.
- A short chain mail shirt, covering from the upper arms to the upper thighs.
- A cabdriver, someone who drives a taxi.
- Of or pertaining to capuchins
- capuchin monkey, primate of the genus Cebus
- Pertaining to or describing any member of the superfamily ( of monkeys, believed to have evolved from prosimians isolated in South America, and including the marmosets, capuchins, tamarins, sapajous, and spider monkeys.
- A raven or crow (typically Corvus corax).
- Either of two moth species of genus whose larvae feed on grasses, especially
- A diminutive of the female given name Deborah.
- An unglazed earthenware casserole dish.
- Flavoured with hot spices.
- A tool with a handle on one end and a point on the other, used in the garden to poke holes in preparation for planting seeds, bulbs, etc. Also known as a dibble or dib.
- One who dibs.
- A proverb or set expression.
- A saying in which two members of the sentence are contrasted.
- The action of something that ebbs.
- That can be eaten without harm; innocuous to humans; suitable for consumption.
- That can be eaten without disgust.
- Anything edible.
- a foodstuff, usually a baked good, infused with tetrahydrocannabinol from cannabutter etc.
- The fruit of Emblica officinalis (now the Indian gooseberry, once used as a remedy against dysentery; also called amla or Indian gooseberry.
- To boil with anger; to effervesce.
- To cause to boil with anger; to irritate; to chafe.
- Having (a specified form of) fibres.
- To fumble; do (anything) imperfectly or irresolutely
- the male hemp plant
- Weak; feeble.
- A quirk, idiosyncrasy, or mannerism; unusual habit or way (usage is typically plural), that is slightly strange or silly.
- A weakness or failing of character.
- Part of a sword between the middle and the point, weaker than the forte.
- One of several species of small, jumping, murine rodents, of the genus In their leaping powers they resemble the jerboa. They inhabit Africa, India, and Southern Europe.
- To rotate inside a monowheel or similar apparatus due to sudden acceleration or braking.
- To insert a small animal into the rectum of a person.
- Finished with plasterboard, as opposed to some other surface material.
- Gibberish, unintelligible speech.
- To jabber, talk rapidly and unintelligibly or incoherently.
- A boulder, a stone.
- A balky horse.
- An upright post with a crosspiece used for execution and subsequent public display; a gallows.
- The projecting arm of a crane, from which the load is suspended; the jib.
- Human form structure made of iron bands designed to publicly display the corpse of an executed criminal.
- To execute (someone), or display (a body), on a gibbet.
- To expose (someone) to ridicule or scorn.
- the edible viscera of a bird
- Generally able or adroit; handy.
- an annual plant with pink or purple flowers and deeply crenate leaves.
- Covered with herbs.
- To diminish in value.
- A roof tile common in Ancient Greek and Roman architecture, used in an overlapping formation with the tegula.
- To stain (in, with, blood, slaughter, etc.).
- Unable, not able.
- To enable.
- Bred within; innate.
- Having an ancestry characterized by inbreeding.
- Describing a strain produced through successive generations of inbreeding resulting in a population of genetically identical individuals which are homozygous at all genetic loci.
- An inbred individual.
- To bring into debt; to place under obligation.
- name, an English variant of Isabel.
- A horse that jibs, i.e. refuses, stops short.
- A form of dumpling, from the Levant, made of spiced lamb and bulgur wheat.
- name of modern usage, transferred back from the surname.
- Liable to slip, err, fall, or apostatize.
- Apt or likely to change.
- Kinetically unstable; rapidly cleaved (and possibly reformed).
- Able to change valency without changing its form; especially, able to be used both transitively and intransitively without changing its form.
- bound or obliged in law or equity; responsible; answerable.
- subject; susceptible.
- exposed to a certain contingency or causality, more or less probable.
- One who supports liberation for some group.
- To distill.
- An alembic; a still.
- Flexible, pliant, bendable.
- To cause to become limber; to make flexible or pliant.
- A two-wheeled, horse-drawn vehicle used to pull an artillery piece into battle.
- The shafts or thills of a wagon or carriage.
- The detachable fore part of a gun carriage, consisting of two wheels, an axle, and a shaft to which the horses are attached. On top is an ammunition box upon which the cannoneers sit.
- Gutters or conduits on each side of the keelson to allow water to pass to the pump well.
- To prepare an artillery piece for transportation (i.e., to attach it to its limber.)
- A particular fungicide.
- The skin of a fawn, as worn by Dionysus, and as worn in his honor by his male followers and female followers (maenads) and other votaries in Ancient Greece. It has also been shown as a panther or fox skin in different contexts.
- having a nib or point
- having the nib of a stamp's perforation removed or damaged (philately)
- Having a nimb or halo.
- Quick and light in movement or action.
- Quick-witted and alert.
- Of an age suitable for marriage; marriageable (principally of a young woman).
- Sexually attractive (especially of a young woman).
- A young sexually attractive woman.
- Incidentally; in passing.
- An obiter dictum; a statement from the bench commenting on a point of law which is not necessary for the judgment at hand and therefore has no judicial weight, as opposed to ratio decidendi.
- Fit to excite hatred; hateful.
- A small, graceful, and swift African antelope, allied to the klipspringer.
- Before a takeover bid.
- to bait again, to readd bait to
- Having ribs.
- intercalated with slate; said of a seam of coal
- One who ribs; a good-natured tease.
- a river in North Yorkshire and Lancashire, England, which flows into the Irish Sea.
- a minor river in West Yorkshire, England, which joins the River Holme at Holmfirth.
- A kind of stringed instrument, the rebec.
- An old woman.
- A bawd; a prostitute.
- Boneless processed pork or beef rib meat, served at restaurants and fast food places.
- A cut of veal or lamb taken from near the rib
- One who writes; a draughtsman; a writer for another; especially, an official or public writer; an amanuensis or secretary; a notary; a copyist.
- A person who writes books or documents by hand as a profession.
- A writer and doctor of the law; one skilled in the law and traditions; one who read and explained the law to the people.
- A very sharp, steel drawing implement used in engraving and etching, a scriber.
- A writer, especially a journalist.
- To write.
- To write, engrave, or mark upon; to inscribe.
- To record.
- To write or draw with a scribe.
- To cut (anything) in such a way as to fit closely to a somewhat irregular surface, as a baseboard to a floor which is out of level, a board to the curves of a moulding, etc.; so called because the workman marks, or scribes, with the compasses the line that he afterwards cuts.
- To score or mark with compasses or a scribing iron.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city and county seat in Iowa.
- A town in Louisiana.
- A village in Missouri.
- A city in North Dakota.
- Of, pertaining to, or containing, terbium.
- A stick for stirring food.
- One of a pair of ill-fated lovers, whose story forms part of Ovid's .
- Short for a main belt asteroid; named for Thisbe, heroine of a Roman fable mentioned above.
- A stout twilled silk used for dresses.
- The state of existing in a specific point in space, thereness.
- A nonfinite verb form, such as, in English, an infinitive, participle, or gerund.
- Able to live on its own (as for a newborn).
- Able to be done, possible.
- In able to live and develop.
- Meaningless or content-free chatter in a discussion; drivel, babble.
- To make meaningless comments.
- To be overwhelmed by emotion and take on a childish expression with a quivering lips and chin.
- a city in Nebraska, USA
- Any of various hand tools for boring holes.
- To truss hay with a wimble.
- To bore or pierce, as with a wimble.
- active; nimble
- Alternative form of Ibadite.
- ivory black or animal charcoal.
- The office, tenure, estate, or jurisdiction of an abbot.
- Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from fir trees.
- Of or pertaining to abietic acid or its derivatives.
Possible word length