Page 1 from 12
Total results: 11885
- Alternative form of Ibadite.
- Anything forfeited or confiscated.
- Embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.
- A member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled from Baghdad, from about 750 to 1250, claiming ancestry of Abbas.
- Of or relating to the Abbasid caliphs.
- A unit of capacitance equal to one billion (109) farads, used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units
- Continuing or persisting in the same state; lasting; enduring.
- The action of one who abides; the state of an abider.
- An abode.
- The de facto capital and largest city of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Of or relating to Abidjan.
- Of the style prevalent in Abidjan.
- To confiscate by judicial decision.
- Having been renounced, forsworn or rejected.
- Counsel; advisor; councilor; barrister.
- Brought forth prematurely.
- Checked in normal development at an early stage.
- Rendered abortive or sterile; undeveloped.
- Something that abrades; a tool or machine for abrading.
- A primitive artifact made of sandstone used for smoothing, sharpening, or shaping.
- To deprive; to cut off.
- To debar from.
- To make shorter; to shorten in duration or extent.
- To shorten or contract by using fewer words, yet retaining the sense; to epitomize; to condense
- Cut short; truncate.
- To curtail.
- To hide, to be in hiding or concealment.
- To flee, often secretly; to steal away, particularly to avoid arrest or prosecution.
- To withdraw from.
- To conceal; to take away.
- To evade, to hide or flee from.
- Of or pertaining to Acadia, its people, or their language or culture.
- Of or pertaining to the Acadian epoch.
- A native of Acadia or their descendants who moved to Louisiana; a Cajun.
- A French speaking descendant of the early settlers in the Maritime Provinces.
- Acadian French: the form of French spoken in Acadia.
- The Middle Cambrian epoch, lasting from 497 million years ago to 509 million years ago.
- A birth defect in which the heart is absent
- Shaped like or resembling a mite.
- Sloth, slothfulness, especially as inducing general listlessness and apathy.
- Having increased through accrual; having risen over time or due to financial transactions.
- The person charged with an offense; the defendant in a criminal case.
- Having been accused; being the target of accusations.
- to make something (more) acidic or sour; to convert into an acid.
- to neutralize alkalis, as to acidify sugar
- to sour, to embitter.
- The quality or state of being acid
- The quality of sour; sourness; tartness; sharpness to the taste, as in the acidity of lemon juice.
- Excessive acid quality, as in gastric secretions.
- To impregnate with acid; acidify.
- To treat (a limestone or sandstone formation) with HCl or HF to enlarge void spaces in it.
- Pertaining to acnodes
- Furnished or loaded with acorns
- Fed or filled with acorns.
- Any member of the Acrididae.
- In a harsh or corrosive manner.
- Pertaining to an adage; proverbial.
- Similar to the adamant; very difficult to break, pierce, or cut.
- An imaginary rock or mineral of impenetrable hardness; a name given to the diamond and other substances of extreme hardness.
- An embodiment of impregnable hardness.
- A magnet; a lodestone.
- Having been transformed from one medium to another.
- Having been subject to an alteration or change to fit a different circumstance.
- On the side that is towards the axis or central line, usually on the upper side.
- (developmental biology) adjacent to the axis, or in vertebrates the notochord.
- In addition; additionally.
- Capable of being added.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name popular in the 2000s, following Alison and Madison.
- A place name, including:
- a town in Vermont, USA, named after the poet Joseph Addison.
- The augmentation by a judge of damages awarded by a jury.
- form of (earnings).
- The act of causing fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell or other outer layer.
- Direction or superscription of a letter, or the name, title, and place of residence of the person addressed.
- Act of addressing oneself to a person or group; a discourse or speech.
- Manner of speaking to another; delivery.
- Attention in the way one addresses a lady.
- Skill; skillful management; dexterity; adroitness.
- Act of preparing oneself.
- A description of the location of a property.
- The property itself.
- A location in computer memory.
- An Internet address; URL.
- An email address
- To prepare oneself.
- To direct speech.
- To aim; to direct.
- To prepare or make ready.
- To prepare oneself; to apply one's skill or energies (to some object); to betake.
- To direct one’s remarks (to someone).
- To clothe or array; to dress.
- To direct, as words, to (anyone or anything); to make, as a speech, petition, etc. to (any audience).
- To direct speech to; to make a communication to, whether spoken or written; to apply to by words, as by a speech, petition, etc., to speak to; to accost.
- To direct in writing, as a letter; to superscribe, or to direct and transmit.
- To make suit to as a lover; to court; to woo.
- To consign or intrust to the care of another, as agent or factor.
- To address oneself to; to prepare oneself for; to apply oneself to; to direct one's speech or discourse to.
- To direct attention towards a problem or obstacle, in an attempt to resolve it.
- To refer a location in computer memory.
- To get ready to hit (the ball on the tee).
- To sweeten; to soothe.
- a prince, especially an Anglo-Saxon prince or royal heir
- A rare mineral, a calcium-magnesium arsenate, forming blue, green, yellow or grey orthorhombic crystals.
- An enzyme found especially in animal tissue (as liver) that hydrolyzes adenine to hypoxanthine and ammonia.
- Of or relating to lymphatic glands or lymphoid tissue; lymphoid.
- One of two folds of lymphatic tissue covered by ciliated epithelium. They are found in the roof and posterior wall of the nasopharynx at the back of the throat behind the uvula. They may obstruct normal breathing and make speech difficult when swollen, a condition often called adenitis.
- A benign tumour of the epithelium arising from or resembling a gland.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenous.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenose.
- With great skill or knowledge.
- The denial of the existence of gods, especially the legendary gods of Hinduism.
- That which is not in accord with dharma, i.e. wrong, immorality, and wickedness.
- To allow in; to admit.
- To administer (something, such as a remedy).
- To affix.
- The curve on a graph of pressure and temperature which gives the adiabatic heating or cooling of a gas.
- The number of arguments or operands a function or operation takes. For a relation, the number of domains in the corresponding Cartesian product.
- Any salt or ester of adipic acid
- A mass of fat found internally; also, a fatty tumor.
- Containing, composed of, or consisting of fat; fatty.
- Slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft.
- Animal fat stored in the tissue of the body.
- Of or relating to adipose, the fatty tissue.
- That is related to another functor by an adjunction.
- Having a relationship of the nature of an adjoint (adjoint curve); sharing multiple points with.
- The transpose of the cofactor matrix of a given square matrix.
- Transpose conjugate.
- Hermitian conjugate.
- A functor related to another functor by an adjunction.
- A curve A such that any point of a given curve C of multiplicity r has multiplicity at least r–1 on A. Sometimes the multiple points of C are required to be ordinary, and if this condition is not satisfied the term sub-adjoint is used.
- An assistant to someone who holds a position in the military or civil service.
- An assistant mayor of a French commune.
- To postpone.
- To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- To end or suspend an event.
- To move from one place to another.
- To declare to be.
- To deem or determine to be.
- To award judicially; to assign.
- An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- A person associated with another, usually in a subordinate position; a colleague.
- A quality or property of the body or mind, whether natural or acquired, such as colour in the body or judgement in the mind.
- A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key.
- A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- A constituent which is both the daughter and the sister of an X-bar.
- One of a pair of morphisms which relate to each other through a pair of adjoint functors.
- Connected in a subordinate function.
- Added to a faculty or staff in a secondary position.
- A male adjutant; a helper or assistant; The Oxford English Dictionary (2007)
- Having the property of being adnexed.
- Narrowly attached to a stem or stipe.
- Of or pertaining to Adonis.
- One who maintains that the vowel points of the Tetragrammaton translated "Jehovah" are the vowel points that belong to the word Adonai.
- Showing adoration or admiration.
- Having been decorated or embellished through applied items or alterations (adornments).
- One who places adornments; one who adorns.
- Pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
- Near the kidneys.
- An adrenal gland.
- To flatter effusively
- To commit adultery.
- To pollute something; to adulterate.
- In an adult manner, not childishly.
- To bring forward; to move towards the front; to make to go on.
- To raise; to elevate.
- To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
- To accelerate the growth or progress of; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten.
- To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show.
- To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
- To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand.
- To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate.
- To move forwards, to approach.
- To extol; to laud.
- A forward move; improvement or progression.
- An amount of money or credit, especially given as a loan, or paid before it is due; an advancement.
- An addition to the price; rise in price or value.
- An opening approach or overture, especially of an unwelcome or sexual nature.
- Completed before need or a milestone event.
- Considered or thought out; resulting from deliberation.
- Informed, appraised or made aware.
- someone who receives advice
- One who offers advice.
- One who has an advowson.
- To quench; extinguish (fire, pain, malice, enemies, etc.)
- Supplied or infused with air or oxygen.
- Annoyed or agitated.
- Enduringly stuck to, or attached to, something.
- A task which ought to be done.
- A homiletic and non-legalistic exegetical text in the classical rabbinic literature of Judaism, particularly as recorded in the Talmud and Midrash. A parable that demonstrates a point of the Law in the Talmud.
- Text which is recited at Seder during the first and second nights of Passover, focused on the freeing of Israel from Egyptian bondage as described in the Book of Exodus. (See also the more modern Haggadah)
- to raise the level of a river bed by the deposition of sediment
- Styled or called apart from given name and surname.
- Resting on the bottom.
- at a loss, ruined, with no way out
- Resting on the bottom.
- Qualifying for financial aid.
- Capable of being rectified with a hearing aid.
- Without aid.
- Without mechanical assistance.
- The date on which a television or radio program is broadcast.
- A very large hangar for the storage of airships.
- A town in North Lanarkshire, Scotland.
- A city in Alberta, Canada.
- A silly, foolish or unintelligent person.
- A landing area for aircraft for supplying an operation, military or other, usually temporary.
- An area of hostile territory that has been seized by paratroopers or helicopter-based troops to ensure the further landing of troops and/or materiel.
- Toward the air; upward.
- A given name
- An Arabic tale about a young man named Aladdin who is recruited by a sorcerer to get a magic lamp from a cave; often adapted into comic pantomime in Britain
- The young man who is the protagonist and title character of the story
- Having an alarm fitted.
- Worried; anxious; panicky.
- Having (a specified type or number of) alcoves
- Any of a class of acyclic polyols formally derived from an aldose by reduction of the carbonyl functional group.
- Having been made alert; having been made attentive, alarmed or warned of something coming soon.
- Using more than one name, or being referred to in more than one way.
- A sighting device used for measuring angles.
- Having been placed, arranged or formed in alignment (with something).
- Allied or working together with a common goal.
- From another source; from elsewhere.
- Asserted but not proved.
- Supposed but doubtful.
- Furnished with alleys.
- Forming an alley.
- Any of several unrelated plants that produce many seeds.
- A bark canoe used by the Africans.
- A boat used in Calicut (modern Kozhikode) in India, about eighty feet long and six or seven feet wide.
- Relating to a Berber caliphate in 12th century Morocco
- Redolent of almonds.
- An orange giant star in the constellation of Hydra; Alpha (α) Hydrae,
- Prior to some specified time, either past, present, or future; by this time; previously.
- So soon.
- A kind of car in drag racing, usually with a partial body situated behind the exposed engine.
- Having been changed from an original form.
- Neutered; having had testicles removed to prevent procreation.
- alumina, especially a product made from fused alumina
- Having been gathered or assembled in a large group.
- Resembling, or characteristic of an amoeba
- a municipality and one of the West Frisian Islands off the north coast of the Netherlands, neighbouring Terschelling to the west and Schiermonnikoog to the east
- That has been modified from a previous form.
- An American Indian.
- Of or relating to a hypothetical higher-level language family including all of the indigenous languages of the Americas, excluding those that belong to the Eskimo-Aleut or the Na-Dene.
- A product of amidation
- any of several classes of organic compound, formally derived from oxoacids, by replacement of the hydroxy group with an amino group, and the oxo group with =NR
- A revenue collector having jurisdiction over several villages, in the British Raj.
- Any member of the Amoebidae.
- Any amniote whose skull does not have openings near the temples.
- located towards the elbow
- Related to the Andaman Islands, or to their people or languages.
- A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a moderately slow tempo; faster than adagio but slower than allegretto.
- A passage having this mark.
- Played at a moderately slow tempo.
- Describing a passage having this mark.
- A utensil for supporting wood when burning in a fireplace, one being placed on each side
- A town in Hampshire, southern UK.
- name from the Latin form of Andrew.
- Not using or containing fluid
- An aneroid barometer
- Having been made angry.
- Resembling a blood vessel
- Any organic compound derived from an oxoacid by replacement of a hydroxyl group by an aniline residue; an amide of aniline.
- Any compound in which one of the nitrogen-bound hydrogen atoms of aniline is replaced by a metal or other cation.
- Any member of the Aniliidae.
- The seed-like fruit of the anise, used in baking and in the flavouring of liqueurs such as ouzo.
- any of various wormlike animals, of the phylum Annelida, having a segmented body; they include the earthworm and the leech
- of, or relating to these creatures
- Troubled, irritated by something unwanted or unliked (an annoyance); vexed.
- to coat the surface of a metal electrolytically with an oxide, either as protection or decoration
- Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
- Soothing or relaxing.
- Noncontentious, blandly agreeable, unlikely to cause offence or debate; bland, inoffensive.
- Any medicine or other agent that relieves pain.
- A source of relaxation or comfort.
- Having a handle.
- An agent that counteracts or neutralizes acidity, especially in the stomach.
- Counteracting or neutralizing acidity, especially in the stomach.
- Any of various drab-colored South American birds of the family Thamnophilidae that feed on ants.
- Resembling a flower.
- A flower or, more commonly, a floret that has the simplest, most basic type of structure.
- The state or essence of being an ant.
- A divine being opposed to the gods.
- One of the three possible colours of an antiquark, corresponding to red in a quark.
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- A person of some consideration or standing.
- a large hypostyle hall in ancient Persian palaces
- The state or essence of being an ape.
- Any member of the Aphididae.
- An ingrowth of the arthropod exoskeleton, serving as an attachment site for muscles.
- Applause; applauding.
- To express approval (of something) by clapping the hands.
- To praise, or express approval for something or someone.
- put into practical use
- of a branch of science, serving another branch of science or engineering
- Wearing an apron.
- Of, pertaining to, or in the form of an apse
- Of or pertaining to the apsides
- A spider; now specifically a member of the family Araneidae; an
- Furnished with an arbor; lined with trees.
- Provided or furnished with arcades.
- The ancient Greek dialect of Arcadia.
- Any member of the Arctiidae.
- of or pertaining to the superfamily Arctoidea
- intense feelings; passion;
- intense devotion; eagerness; zeal
- Needing or using up much energy; testing powers of endurance.
- burning; ardent
- Difficult or exhausting to traverse.
- Resembling sand.
- Any of various ticks of the family Argasidae.
- A long term lack of rainfall or moisture.
- A quantity of things approaching the maximum that could be held or carried with one arm.
- Clad or equipped with arms or armor.
- Covered with armor, as a ship or the face of a fortification; armor-plated.
- Equipped with arrows
- Pointed to by an arrow (in a diagram)
- A market town in West Sussex, England
- Any member of the Asaphidae.
- Any phasmid nematode of the family Ascarididae (Ascaridae)
- Feeling shame or guilt.
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- A town in Kent.
- A town in borough, Surrey (previously in Middlesex).
- A village in district, Devon, England
- A village in district, Devon
- A village in Derbyshire, Ashford-in-the-Water.
- a community in New Brunswick, Canada.
- a town in Alabama, USA
- a census-designated place in California, USA.
- a village in Illinois, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a small city in Kansas, USA
- a home rule-class city in Kentucky, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Louisiana, USA.
- a village in Louisiana.
- a town and CDP in Maine, USA.
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- a town in Mississippi, USA
- a city in Missouri, USA.
- a census-designated place in Montana, USA.
- a city in Nebraska, USA.
- a town in New Hampshire, USA.
- an unincorporated community and CDP in New Jersey, USA.
- towns in and New York, USA.
- a city in Ohio, USA
- a small town in Oklahoma, USA.
- a city in Oregon, USA.
- a borough in Pennsylvania, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- a town in Virginia, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- a city and port in and Wisconsin, USA
- a town in Wisconsin, 15 miles south-east of the city.
- Used in a manner intended to deceive; pretended; simulated.
- Supposed or presumed.
- To astonish, bewilder or dazzle.
- Stunned; astounded; astonished.
- A hypocycloid with four cusps.
- of a sudden; suddenly
- Into separate parts or pieces; apart.
- A simple jet engine consisting essentially of a tube with a means of delivering fuel and ignition into the tube. The engine can only be started in a fast airflow. This type of engine is expected to be able to provide cruising speeds at Mach numbers of around 5 to 7 (5 to 7 times the speed of sound).
- Said of the horns of a stag when they are of a different tincture to its head.
- Tuned to the correct pitch.
- Brought into harmony; harmonized.
- Having been changed to fit in with a particular context or to be in sync with a phenomenon.
- Able to be heard.
- To change the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- The act of or an instance of changing the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- In context of possibility of being heard; in an audible manner.
- Listening, paying attention.
- A hearer; especially, a catechumen in the early Church.
- One who audits bookkeeping accounts.
- In many jurisdictions, an elected or appointed public official in charge of the public accounts; a comptroller.
- One who audits an academic course; who attends the lectures but does not earn academic credit.
- One who listens, typically as a member of an audience.
- One trained to perform spiritual guidance procedures.
- Having or resembling ears.
- Resembling or containing gold; gold-coloured; gilded.
- Combined with auric acid or some other compound of gold
- Having lobes like the ear; auriculate.
- Turned away, especially as an expression of feeling; also, offended; unpropitious.
- Any substance used to kill birds.
- Greediness; strong appetite.
- Eagerness; intenseness of desire.
- The measure of the synergism of the strength individual interactions between proteins.
- One who carries anything away, or the vessel in which things are carried away.
- One who avoids, shuns, or escapes.
- Having been torn off, as in an avulsion.
- Having been caused by a piece of flesh or body part being torn off, as in an avulsion.
- The recipient of an award or special honor.
- One who awards, or assigns by sentence or judicial determination; a judge, arbitrator or umpire.
- In a backwards direction.
- Lacking dexterity in the use of the hands, or of instruments.
- Not easily managed or effected; embarrassing.
- Lacking social skills, or uncomfortable with social interaction.
- Perverse; adverse; difficult to handle.
- Someone or something that is awkward.
- Administrative bureaucracy, or red tape, in India.
- A province of Spain, in the autonomous region of Extremadura.
- The capital city of this province.
- Somewhat bad; of a quality between mediocre and bad.
- An effeminate or womanish man.
- One who is bad; a worthless person.
- A brood, group, or flock of ducks.
- A rogue, ruffian or miscreant.
- The quality of being bad.
- thoroughly confused, puzzled
- having baffles
- The capital of, and largest city in Iraq, situated in the center of the country on the Tigris river; an ancient city and historical center of the Muslim world.
- A warrior, especially a Mongol.
- Any member of the Balanidae.
- Somewhat bald; balding.
- A piece of pork cut lower down than the sparerib, and destitute of fat.
- A belt used to hold a sword, sometimes richly ornamented, worn diagonally from shoulder to hip.
- name; rather rare in English.
- Stanley Baldwin, British Prime Minister.
- King Baldwin IV, ruler of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem before the takeover of Saladin in 1187. He died in 1185 of complications of the socially unacceptable disease of leprosy. Also known as the leper king.
- A town in Florida.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city in Iowa.
- A town in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan
- A town and a hamlet in New York.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A town and village in Wisconsin.
- A reddish, moderately acid, winter apple.
- A town in Utah.
- A fabric made in Manila from the older leaf sheaths of the abaca (Musa textilis).
- A large kerchief, usually colourful and used either as headgear or as a handkerchief, neckerchief, bikini, or sweatband.
- A style of calico printing, in which white or bright spots are produced upon cloth previously dyed a uniform red or dark colour, by discharging portions of the color by chemical means, while the rest of the cloth is under pressure.
- a box of lightweight construction (e.g. cardboard, thin wood) for carrying hats or other apparel items
- a small baseball park conducive to scoring home runs
- A band for the hair.
- A band.
- A narrow, tight bra, especially when strapless; hence, ant women's top made from a similar band of fabric.
- The energy difference between two allowed ranges of electron energy in a solid; especially the difference between the energies of the valence band and the conduction band.
- A pattern of band-like markings.
- A technique used in the study of wild birds, by attaching a small, individually numbered, metal or plastic tag to their legs or wings.
- A stringed instrument similar in form to a guitar; a pandore.
- A capital city of the West Java Province, Indonesia.
- A Ukrainian plucked stringed instrument with a tear-shaped body, like an asymmetrical lute or a vertical zither, played with both hands while held upright on the lap.
- Of or relating to a putative branch of the Benue-Congo branch of the Niger-Congo language family.
- Armour for a warhorse.
- Pertaining to, or written by, a bard or bards.
- The system of bards; the learning and maxims of bards.
- A woman who serves in a bar.
- To tend a bar; to act as a barman.
- The red wood of a leguminous African tree, used as a dyewood and for ramrods, violin bows and turner's work.
- Enclosed in a basin.
- Having a basque.
- mansion in Provence
- new town built in medieval Languedoc, Gascony and Aquitaine during the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries
- In a bawdy manner; lewdly or obscenely with humorous intent.
- Located along a bay
- Having a beach.
- Run or brought ashore
- Stranded and helpless, especially on a beach
- (usually of a look) in an avaricious or penetrating manner.
- Decoration or ornamental molding resembling a string of beads or of a semicircular cross section.
- The beads or bead-forming quality of certain liquors.
- Having a beard; involving a beard.
- Having a fringe or appendage resembling a beard in some way (often followed by with).
- (in combination) Having a beard (or similar appendage) of a specified type.
- A fish, the bearded loach, Nemachilus barbatus.
- The state, essence, or quality of being a bear (the mammal).
- The state of being a bear (in homosexual subculture).
- To cover or stain with blood; make bloody.
- To smear or stain with blood.
- To cause to become obscure or muddled.
- To cover or surround with clouds.
- proper; decorous
- A cord or rope interwoven in a bedstead so as to support the bed.
- The textiles associated with a bed, e.g., sheets, pillowcases, bedspreads, blankets, etc.
- Any material used by or provided to animals to lie on.
- a structure occurring in granite and similar massive rocks that allows them to split in well-defined planes horizontally or parallel to the land surface
- the temporary planting of fast-growing plants into flower beds to create colourful, temporary, seasonal displays, during spring, summer or winter
- To harass or cause trouble for; to plague.
- To perplex or bewilder.
- Covered with or as if with dew.
- The county town of Bedfordshire, England.
- A truck formerly manufactured by the Bedford company, a subsidiary company of Vauxhall Motors.
- A city in Indiana, USA
- A small city in Iowa, USA
- A small city in Kentucky, USA
- A town in Massachusetts Commonwealth.
- A town in New Hampshire State.
- Extremely affluent town in New York State.
- A community in Nova Scotia, Canada.
- A city in Ohio State.
- A borough in Pennsylvania, USA
- A city and township in Quebec, Canada.
- A town in Eastern Cape, South Africa.
- A city in Texas State.
- A town in Virginia, USA
- A in Wyoming State.
- an article of women's clothing for the upper body, usually thigh-length and wrapping or tying in front; a bedjacket.
- a nightgown.
- to dirty, soil; make dirty.
- To ornament something in showy, tasteless, or gaudy finery.
- To dirty; cover with dirt.
- A person who spends most of their time in bed; a slugabed.
- Without a bed or beds.
- Resembling a bed.
- A person with whom one shares a bed.
- Any of the four upright supports of a bedstead.
- A post or pin on each side of the bed to keep the bedclothes from falling off; a bedstaff.
- A rail at the head, foot, or side of a bed.
- To drift about; drift around.
- The duty or privilege of the marriage bed.
- To befoul with ordure; bedirt.
- A roll of bedding that can be carried when hiking or camping etc.
- A position at the side of one's bed.
- A recess in a room for a bed.
- The spot where an animal sleeps.
- A sock worn in bed, to keep the feet warm.
- A lesion caused by unrelieved pressure to any part of the body, especially portions over bony or cartilaginous areas, such as frequently develops on a person confined to a bed by infirmity.
- A tick or bag made of cloth, used for enclosing the materials of a bed.
- The time or hour at which one retires to bed in order to sleep.
- To make a dwarf of; to stunt or hinder the growth of; to dwarf.
- Projecting over.
- One of an association of religious laymen living in semimonastic communities in imitation of the Beguines, and influenced by Albigensian teachings and by the
- To hedge about; surround with or as with a hedge.
- To determine the boundary or limit of; define.
- To surround; beset; plague; hinder.
- To straiten; restrict; constrain; limit.
- To pour out with a ladle; ladle out.
- Later in relation to the proper time something should have happened.
- A grandmother.
- An old woman, particularly an ugly one.
- A loving look, an amorous glance.
- The ninth satellite of Uranus.
- Having a large or prominent belly.
- Having a belly of a specified type.
- Swollen, bulging, or billowing; bellying.
- Overblown, exaggerated.
- Any member of the Belonidae.
- To call by the title of madam.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- deeply thoughtful; preoccupied
- perplexed and bewildered
- A diminutive of the bend, of the same shape, but only half the width of the bend.
- Furnished with berries.
- Consisting of a berry; baccate.
- Any member of the Berycidae.
- To shadow; cast a shadow over.
- In addition, in addition to.
- Other than; except for; instead of.
- also; in addition
- moreover; furthermore
- otherwise; else
- On one side.
- To speed; cause to prosper.
- To expend; bestow; employ.
- To help, assist.
- To profit; benefit; serve; avail.
- To take the place of; replace.
- Placed (in a given situation); beset.
- Disposed mentally; affected.
- Provided; furnished.
- At any early period.
- To tread over or walk upon.
- To wind or draw around; surround; encompass.
- Having a bevel, especially at an edge
- To hold in hand; rule; control; manage; handle; wield.
- A chord of two notes played at the same time.
- Having two strings