Page 1 from 36
Total results: 37000
- A video jockey, veejay.
- A video journalist.
- Adult Video News, an American magazine of the pornographic industry.
- of, a Canadian national television network
- of, a Canterbury Region television station located in Christchurch, New Zealand
- of, a television network in Taiwan
- of, a part of human body with malignant tumour and some volume surrounding it
- Cerebrovascular accident.
- of (a technique used to determine amorphous content of a material).
- of; the highest energy, highest frequency, shortest wavelength end of the ultraviolet EM band, overlapping with soft X-rays.
- The ‘first families of Virginia’, or someone descended from such a family.
- a form of address, usually to an unknown male or a superior. An informal form of sir.
- Heavy goods vehicle (a lorry/truck weighing more than 3.5 tons).
- Hepatitis G virus.
- of, a British commercial television network.
- of: a large car or small bus designed to be used on- and off-road and easily convertible to facilitate either carrying people or loading goods.
- polyvinyl chloride
- premature ventricular contraction of the heart
- peripheral venous catheter
- permanent virtual circuit
- polyvinyl pyrrolidone
- player versus player
- That which is vapid, insipid, or lifeless; especially, the lifeless part of liquor or wine.
- A type of videotape originally developed by the Japan company JVC.
- A solemn promise to perform some act, or behave in a specified manner, especially a promise to live and act in accordance with the rules of a religious order.
- A declaration or assertion.
- To make a vow; to promise.
- To make a vow regarding (something).
- To declare publicly that one has made a vow, usually to show one's determination or to announce an act of retaliation.
- virtual reference station
- A small to medium-sized cavity inside rock that may be formed through a variety of processes.
- A financial guarantee by a third party to assume the burden of a debt, especially a bill of exchange in the event of default.
- Of, related to, or characteristic of a grandparent.
- enthusiastic; passionate; longing eagerly; eager; greedy
- To declare openly and boldly, as something believed to be right; to own, acknowledge or confess frankly.
- To bind or devote by a vow.
- To acknowledge and justify, as an act done. See
- A town in Rostov Oblast, Russia, situated on the Don River
- A group of animals, in particular quail.
- A large group or collection.
- A group of women or girls; chiefly said of schoolgirls.
- A type of men's long underwear.
- community antenna television, a precursor to cable television
- cable television
- A guinea pig (rodent).
- A Chevrolet automobile.
- Diesel fuel for cars and lorries
- Eaves: the underside of a roof that extends beyond the external walls of a building.
- Resentful desire of something possessed by another or others (but not limited to material possessions).
- An object of envious notice or feeling.
- Hatred, enmity, ill-feeling.
- Emulation; rivalry.
- Public odium; ill repute.
- To feel displeasure or hatred towards (someone) for their good fortune or possessions.
- To have envious feelings (at).
- To give (something) to (someone) grudgingly or reluctantly; to begrudge.
- To show malice or ill will; to rail.
- To do harm to; to injure; to disparage.
- To hate.
- To emulate.
- Relating to time or duration.
- At any time.
- In any way.
- Occurring at any time, occurring even but once during a timespan.
- A diminutive of the female given names Eva, Eve, Evelyn and Evangeline, also used as a formal given name.
- Intending to harm; malevolent.
- Morally corrupt.
- Unpleasant, as in 'an evil smell'.
- Producing or threatening sorrow, distress, injury, or calamity; unpropitious; calamitous.
- Having harmful qualities; not good; worthless or deleterious.
- undesirable; harmful; bad practice
- Moral badness; wickedness; malevolence; the forces or behaviors that are the opposite or enemy of good.
- Anything which impairs the happiness of a being or deprives a being of any good; anything which causes suffering of any kind to sentient beings; injury; mischief; harm.
- A malady or disease; especially in the phrase king's evil (scrofula).
- To move, shift, provide something abstract or concrete to someone or something or somewhere.
- To transfer one's possession or holding of (something) to (someone).
- To make a present or gift of.
- To pledge.
- To provide (something) to (someone), to allow or afford.
- To cause (a sensation or feeling) to exist in.
- To carry out (a physical interaction) with (something).
- To pass (something) into (someone's) hand or the like.
- To cause (a disease or condition) in, or to transmit (a disease or condition) to.
- To estimate or predict (a duration or probability) for (something).
- To yield slightly when a force is applied.
- To collapse under pressure or force.
- To provide, as, a service or a broadcast.
- To lead (onto or into).
- To provide a view of.
- To exhibit as a product or result; to produce; to yield.
- To cause; to make; used with the infinitive.
- To allow or admit by way of supposition.
- To attribute; to assign; to adjudge.
- To communicate or announce (advice, tidings, etc.); to pronounce or utter (an opinion, a judgment, a shout, etc.).
- To grant power or permission to; to allow.
- To devote or apply (oneself).
- To become soft or moist.
- To shed tears; to weep.
- To have a misgiving.
- To be going on, to be occurring
- The amount of bending that something undergoes when a force is applied to it.
- A shackle or fetter, especially for the leg.
- to shackle, fetter, chain
- All living beings; the essence or soul of such beings.
- To deceive; to be deceptive.
- To dance.
- A dance style popular in the 1940–50s.
- Swing, a style of jazz music.
- A slang associated with jazz musicians; hepcat patois or hipster jargon.
- Nonsense; transparently deceptive talk.
- African American Vernacular English.
- A ceremonial underground chamber in a Pueblo village.
- A lake between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda
- Titus Livius, a Roman historian
- A town in central Asturias, northern Spain
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- A 1st century BC Roman poet.
- name of mainly historic use.
- A town in Colorado.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- The female gamete in animals; the egg cell.
- A pervert.
- To stare at others in a perverted manner, especially whilst thinking sexual thoughts about them.
- A smartly dressed person who trades in illicit, black-market or stolen goods.
- A flashy con artist, often homeless, who lives by his wits.
- In Scotland Yard usage, a low and common thief.
- A slacker; one who shirks responsibility.
- slow-scan television: a technique for transmitting pictures over radio
- With great speed; a huntsman's word or sound.
- A diminutive form of the male given name Travis.
- A type of fur from a squirrel with a black back and white belly, much used on garments in the Middle Ages.
- An heraldic fur formed by a regular tessellation of blue and white bell shapes.
- The top part of a boot or shoe, above the sole and welt and in front of the ankle seam, that covers the instep and toes; the front part of an upper; the analogous part of a stocking.
- Something added to give an old thing a new appearance; a patch.
- Something patched up, pieced together, improvised, or refurbished.
- A repeated and often improvised accompaniment, usually consisting of one or two measures, often a single chord or simple chord progression, repeated as necessary, e.g., to accommodate dialogue or to anticipate the entrance of a soloist.
- An activity or speech intended to fill time or stall.
- A volunteer fire fighter.
- To attach a vamp.
- To walk.
- To patch, repair, or refurbish.
- To put together, improvise, or fabricate.
- To perform a vamp; to perform a repeated, often improvised accompaniment, e.g. under dialogue or awaiting the readiness of a soloist.
- To stall or delay, as for an audience.
- A flirtatious, seductive woman, especially one who uses sexual desire to exploit men.
- A vampire.
- To seduce or exploit someone.
- To change with time or a similar parameter.
- To institute a change in, from a current state; to modify.
- Not to remain constant: to change with time or a similar parameter.
- To display differences.
- To be or act different from the usual.
- To make of different kinds; to make different from one another; to diversity; to variegate.
- To embellish; to change fancifully; to present under new aspects, as of form, key, measure, etc. See variation.
- To disagree; to be at variance or in dissension.
- alteration; change.
- an exon of NCAM; it is thought to correlate with an inhibition of the neurite outgrowth-promoting properties of this protein
- A canton of Switzerland
- The flesh of a calf (i.e. a young bovine) used for food.
- The Vice President of the United States; the office of Vice President of the United States, especially during an election cycle where several are in the running for the nomination.
- Any vice president (in a corporation, organization, etc.)
- To let out (a sail-line), to allow (a sheet) to run out.
- A turn or swerve; an instance of veering.
- To change direction or course suddenly; to swerve.
- To shift in a clockwise direction (if in the Northern Hemisphere, or in a counterclockwise direction if in the Southern Hemisphere).Bowditch 2002
- To shift aft.
- To change direction into the wind; to wear ship.
- To turn.
- In ancient times, an important Etruscan city 16 km (9.9 mi) NNW of Rome, Italy.
- Something hung up or spread out to hide or protect the face, or hide an object from view; usually of gauze, crape, or similar diaphanous material.
- A cover; disguise; a mask; a pretense.
- The calyptra of mosses.
- A membrane connecting the margin of the pileus of a mushroom with the stalk; a velum.
- A covering for a person or thing; as, a caul (especially over the head)
- A thin layer of tissue which is attached to or covers a mushroom.
- To put on, or decorate with, a veil.
- To conceal as with a veil.
- The open pasture land or grassland of South Africa and neighboring countries.
- to hawk or to peddle merchandise
- to sell wares through a vending machine
- The act of vending or selling; a sale.
- The total sales of coal from a colliery.
- True, real, actual.
- The same; identical.
- With limiting effect: mere.
- To a great extent or degree; extremely; exceedingly.
- True, truly.
- VHSIC Hardware Description Language.
- A vibraphone.
- An atmosphere or aura felt to belong to a person, place or thing.
- To relax and enjoy oneself.
- To agree.
- To get along; to hit it off.
- Visual perception.
- The act of seeing or looking at something.
- The range of vision.
- Something to look at, such as scenery.
- Appearance; show; aspect.
- A picture, drawn or painted; a sketch.
- Opinion, judgement, imagination.
- A mental image.
- A way of understanding something, an opinion, a theory.
- A point of view.
- An intention or prospect.
- A virtual or logical table composed of the result set of a query in relational databases.
- The part of a computer program which is visible to the user and can be interacted with;
- A wake.
- To look at.
- To regard in a stated way.
- A city on the southwest coast of Galicia, Spain.
- A small village in Kent, England.
- Resembling a vine, especially in being twisty.
- A stringed instruments related to the violin family, but held in the lap between the legs like a cello, usually with C-holes, a flat back, a fretted neck and six strings, played with an underhanded bow.
- To play the viol.
- A Burmese unit of measure for weight, approximately 1.63293 kilograms (3.6 pounds).
- A shallow wetlands or minor lake, generally a seasonal one, or the lowland where such a wetlands appears seasonally.
- A wetland or marsh.
- A very long instruction word; an explicitly created set of processor instructions to be executed simultaneously.
- A controllable form of energy.
- A class of flying saucers supposedly built by the Nazis.
- of; a grade of premium cognac.
- To wound (oneself) by biting at the breast.
- Vulnerability (weakness in software etc. that can be maliciously exploited).
- To move back and forth repeatedly.
- To move one’s hand back and forth (generally above the head) in greeting or departure.
- To call attention to, or give a direction or command to, by a waving motion, as of the hand; to signify by waving; to beckon; to signal; to indicate.
- To have an undulating or wavy form.
- To raise into inequalities of surface; to give an undulating form or surface to.
- To produce waves to the hair.
- To swing and miss at a pitch.
- To cause to move back and forth repeatedly.
- To signal (someone or something) with a waving movement.
- To fluctuate; to waver; to be in an unsettled state.
- To move like a wave, or by floating; to waft.
- A moving disturbance in the level of a body of water; an undulation.
- A moving disturbance in the energy level of a field.
- A shape that alternatingly curves in opposite directions.
- A sudden unusually large amount of something that is temporarily experienced.
- A sideway movement of the hand(s).
- A group activity in a crowd imitating a wave going through water, where people in successive parts of the crowd stand and stretch upward, then sit. Usually referred to as "the wave"
- Rising or swelling in waves.
- Full of waves.
- Moving to and fro; undulating.
- Having wave-like shapes on its border or surface; waved.
- Moving up and down relative to the surface; undulate.
- Undé, in a wavy line; applied to ordinaries, or division lines.
- To marry (a woman).
- To provide (someone) with a wife.
- Physically over; on top of; worn on top of, as clothing.
- In or to a higher place; higher than; on or over the upper surface; — opposed to below or beneath.
- Farther north than.
- Rising; appearing out of reach height-wise.
- Figuratively, higher than; superior to in any respect; surpassing; higher in measure, degree, volume, or pitch, etc. than; out of reach; not exposed to; not likely to be affected by; incapable of negative actions or thoughts.
- Higher in rank, status, or position.
- In addition to; besides.
- Surpassing in number or quantity; more than
- In preference to.
- Too proud to stoop; averse to; disinclined; too honorable to give.
- Upstage of.
- Beyond; on the other side.
- Directly overhead; vertically on top of.
- Higher in the same page; earlier in the order as far as writing products go.
- Into or from heaven; in the sky.
- In a higher place; upstairs; farther upstream.
- Higher in rank, power, or position.
- In addition.
- More in number.
- Above zero; above freezing.
- On the upper half or the dorsal surface of an animal.
- Of heaven; heavenly.
- Being located higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Something, especially a person's name in legal documents, that appears higher on the same page or on a preceding page.
- Higher authority.
- betterment, raised status or condition.
- A city in south Iran, capital of the Khuzestan Province.
- All inanimate objects.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- A limestone pavement.
- An explosive consisting of ammonium nitrate, a derivative of nitrobenzene, chlorated naphthalene, and woodmeal.
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the inner ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).
- A funeral feast or wake at which bread and ale was served, traditional in Scotland, the North of England, and among the Norse.
- The ale served at such a wake, the drinking of which was a ritually significant act in Norse culture.
- The money given to hunters, at the death of a fox, in order to buy ale.
- To turn to the advantage of.
- To be of service to.
- To promote; to assist.
- To be of use or advantage; to answer or serve the purpose; to have strength, force, or efficacy sufficient to accomplish the object.
- To provide; to make available.
- Benefit; value, profit; advantage toward success.
- Effect in achieving a goal or aim; purpose, use (now usually in negative constructions).
- Proceeds; profits from business transactions.
- Effort; striving.
- An advertising slot or package.
- A press avail.
- Non-binding notice of availability for work.
- A readily available stock of oil.
- To turn aside or away.
- To ward off, or prevent, the occurrence or effects of.
- To turn away.
- To turn away.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name of modern usage.
- To survey, observe; to view.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- To keep away from; to keep clear of; to endeavor not to meet; to shun; to abstain from.
- To make empty; to clear.
- To make void, to annul; to refute (especially a contract).
- To defeat or evade; to invalidate. Thus, in a replication, the plaintiff may deny the defendant's plea, or confess it, and avoid it by stating new matter.
- To emit or throw out; to void
- To leave, evacuate; to leave as empty, to withdraw or come away from.
- To get rid of.
- To retire; to withdraw, depart, go away.
- To become void or vacant.
- To call from or back again.
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- A beef; a beef creature.
- A portion of plate armour to protect the lower face and the neck, typically in two parts, called upper bevor and lower bevor.
- Alcoholic beverage.
- To drink alcohol.
- A small tent or shelter.
- To erect, or to stay in such a tent or shelter
- An animal of the family Bovidae (such as the antelope, gazelle, goat, and sheep).
- To give birth to a calf.
- To assist the giving of birth of a calf.
- To break off or shed a large piece.
- To cut.
- To cut meat in order to serve it.
- To shape to sculptural effect; to produce (a work) by cutting, or to cut (a material) into a finished work.
- To perform a series of turns without pivoting, so that the tip and tail of the snowboard take the same path.
- To take or make, as by cutting; to provide.
- To lay out; to contrive; to design; to plan.
- A carucate.
- Relating to the vena cava
- To criticise for petty or frivolous reasons.
- A petty or trivial objection or criticism.
- To come to an issue; to turn out; to succeed.
- A hunt or chase.
- A hunting cry.
- To vex or harass with petty attacks.
- To maneuver or secure gradually.
- To scurry.
- A civilian; someone who is not in the military.
- A room; chamber.
- A cottage.
- A very pungent aromatic spice, the unexpanded flower bud of the clove tree.
- A of the species Syzygium aromaticum (syn. native to the Moluccas (Indonesian islands), which produces the spice.
- An old English measure of weight, containing 7 pounds (3.2 kg), i.e. half a stone.
- Any one of the separate bulbs that make up the larger bulb of garlic
- A narrow valley with steep sides, used in areas of North America first settled by the Dutch
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To wish for with eagerness; to desire possession of, often enviously.
- To long for inordinately or unlawfully; to hanker after (something forbidden).
- To yearn, have or indulge inordinate desire, notably for another's possession.
- A group of 8-12 (or more) quail. See gaggle, host, flock.
- A brood of partridges, grouse, etc.
- A party or group (of persons or things).
- To brood; to incubate.
- A man.
- To desire strongly, so as to satisfy an appetite; to long or yearn for.
- To ask for earnestly.
- Having curves.
- Buxom or curvaceous.
- A supernatural entity of disagreeable nature.
- to recite the Jewish liturgy; to pray
- A diminutive of the male given name David.
- derived from David.
- a mountain resort in Switzerland, known as the host to the World Economic Forum
- To dig the ground, especially with a shovel.
- To search thoroughly and carefully for information, research, dig into, penetrate, fathom, trace out
- To dig, to excavate.
- A pit or den.
- Bending down; sloping.
- To give up; to devote.
- To disavow; to disclaim.
- someone who dives, especially as a sport
- someone who works underwater; a frogman
- the loon (bird)
- The New Zealand sand diver
- The long-finned sand diver
Possible word length