Page 2 from 36
Total results: 37000
- A torn up piece of turf (e.g. by a golf club in making a stroke or by a horse's hoof).
- A disruption in an otherwise smooth contour.
- A dividend; a share or portion.
- To divide something into portions.
- ‘Divine’; very pleasant, wonderful.
- A foolish person.
- A number of cattle driven to market or new pastures.
- A large number of people on the move (literally or figuratively).
- A group of hares.
- A road or track along which cattle are habitually driven.
- A narrow drain or channel used in the irrigation of land.
- A broad chisel used to bring stone to a nearly smooth surface.
- The grooved surface of stone finished by the drove chisel.
- To herd cattle; particularly over a long distance.
- To finish (stone) with a drove chisel.
- turbid; muddy; filthy
- of origin, for someone who lived in a valley.
- A thick, padded quilt used instead of blankets.
- A cover for a quilt or comforter.
- A form of tatpuruṣa in which the modifying member is a number.
- Having eaves (of a specified number or kind).
- The underside of a roof that extends beyond the external walls of a building.
- Pertaining to elves; elvish; elven.
- Of or relating to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- The rock of an elvan vein, or the vein itself.
- name, possibly derived from the surname Elwes.
- Elvis Presley (1935-1977), a popular American rock-and-roll singer.
- An impersonator of Elvis Presley.
- To stir or arouse emotion in (someone); to cause to feel emotion
- A short stanza at the end of a poem, used either to address a person or to comment on the preceding body of the poem.
- a diplomatic agent of the second rank, next in status after an ambassador.
- a diplomat.
- a messenger.
- a short stanza at the end of a poem.
- common in Wales, derived from the given name Evan (or Ifan in
- To occur; to happen; to come to pass.
- To expel (one or more people) from their property; to force (one or more people) to move out.
- To cause the manifestation of something (emotion, picture, etc.) in someone's mind or imagination.
- flattery; cajolery; deceit
- yellow or dun in colour
- A horse of a favel or dun colour.
- A severe, chronic infection of ringworm.
- A tile or flagstone cut into a hexagonal shape to produce a honeycomb pattern.
- a ball game, somewhat like tennis, played against a wall
- A pair of fives.
- Usury; interest on money.
- A wooden mallet, used by a courtroom judge (not UK), or by a committee chairman, struck against a sounding block to quieten those present, or by an auctioneer to accept the highest bid at auction.
- The legal system as a whole (not UK).
- A mason's setting maul.
- To use a gavel.
- A small heap of grain, not tied up into a bundle.
- A gable.
- One who gives; a donor or contributor.
- An item of clothing other than a mitten, covering all or part of the hand and fingers, but allowing independent movement of the fingers.
- A baseball mitt.
- The ability to catch a hit ball.
- A condom.
- To catch the ball in a baseball mitt.
- To put a glove or gloves on.
- To touch a delivery with one's glove while the gloved hand is on the bat. Under the rules of cricket, the batsman is deemed to have hit the ball.
- A thick sauce made from the fat or juices that come out from meat or vegetables as they are being cooked.
- A dark savoury sauce prepared from stock and usually meat juices; brown gravy.
- A pale sauce prepared from a roux with meat fat; a type of béchamel sauce
- A type of gravy.
- Sauce used for pasta.
- Curry sauce.
- Unearned gain.
- Extra benefit.
- Pertaining to or characterised by groves; situated in a grove.
- A tropical tree or shrub of the myrtle family, Psidium guajava.
- Its yellowish tropical fruit, 1¼ to 2 inches, globular or pear-shaped with thin, yellow, green or brown skin, is often made into jams and jellies. The meat is yellowish or pale green to pink in color.
- A confection usually made from crushed sesame seeds and honey. It is a traditional dessert in India, the Mediterranean, the Balkans, and the Middle East.
- A river in Germany.
- widespread devastation, destruction
- To pillage.
- To cause havoc.
- To lift with difficulty; to raise with some effort; to lift (a heavy thing).
- To throw, cast.
- To rise and fall.
- To utter with effort.
- To pull up with a rope or cable.
- To lift (generally); to raise, or cause to move upwards (particularly in ships or vehicles) or forwards.
- To be thrown up or raised; to rise upward, as a tower or mound.
- To displace (a vein, stratum).
- To cause to swell or rise, especially in repeated exertions.
- To move in a certain direction or into a certain position or situation.
- To retch, to make an effort to vomit; to vomit.
- To make an effort to raise, throw, or move anything; to strain to do something difficult.
- To rob; to steal from; to plunder.
- An effort to raise something, such as a weight or one's own body, or to move something heavy.
- An upward motion; a rising; a swell or distention, as of the breast in difficult breathing, of the waves, of the earth in an earthquake, etc.
- A horizontal dislocation in a metallic lode, taking place at an intersection with another lode.
- The measure of extent to which a nautical vessel goes up and down in a short period of time. Compare with pitch.
- Having great weight.
- Serious, somber.
- Not easy to bear; burdensome; oppressive.
- High, great.
- Louder, more distorted.
- Hot and humid.
- Doing the specified activity more intensely than most other people.
- High in fat or protein; difficult to digest.
- Of great force, power, or intensity; deep or intense.
- Laden to a great extent.
- Laden with that which is weighty; encumbered; burdened; bowed down, either with an actual burden, or with grief, pain, disappointment, etc.
- Slow; sluggish; inactive; or lifeless, dull, inanimate, stupid.
- Impeding motion; cloggy; clayey.
- Not raised or leavened.
- Having much body or strength; said of wines or spirits.
- With child; pregnant.
- A villain or bad guy; the one responsible for evil or aggressive acts.
- A doorman, bouncer or bodyguard.
- A large multi-engined aircraft.
- To make heavier.
- To sadden.
- To use power and/or wealth to exert influence on, e.g., governments or corporations; to pressure.
- Having the heaves.
- One who collects bees into a hive.
- Itchy, swollen, red areas of the skin which can appear quickly in response to an allergen or due to other conditions.
- A disease in cattle consisting of inflammation of the stomach by gas, usually caused by eating too much green food.
- An indigenous people of Oaxaca State, Mexico.
- Their language, which is a language isolate with several dialects.
- An alloy of iron containing 35.5% nickel, and having a very low coefficient of expansion.
- Overgrown with ivy or another climbing plant.
- Pertaining to, or from, the island of Java
- Belonging to, or descended from, its Malay main people and its culture
- An inhabitant of the Indonesian island Java
- A member or descendant of Java's main, Malay ethno-linguistic group, by far the largest in Indonesia
- the fourth son of Japheth
- name used in Ireland and Scotland.
- A vat or tub in which the mash is made; a mash tub.
- A bleaching vat; a kier.
- A large vat used in dressing ores.
- To set in a keeve, or tub, for fermentation.
- To heave; to tilt, as a cart.
- A strong cleat to which large ropes are belayed.
- A stonemason's hammer.
- A gazelle.
- A sturdy belaying pin for the heavier cables of a ship.
- name, a rare spelling variant of Kevin.
- A small historical town in present-day Uzbekistan, former capital of Khwarezm, and a former khanate.
- A boy; especially, a boy servant.
- Any male servant; a menial.
- A tricky, deceitful fellow; a dishonest person; a rogue; a villain.
- A playing card marked with the figure of a servant or soldier; a jack.
- A Hindu temple built in a distinct style of Dravidian architecture.
- A type of traditional fermented Russian beverage with little or no alcohol, made from bread, often flavored with fruit.
- A placename
- A city in France, the prefecture of the department of Mayenne.
- The second largest city in Quebec, a province of Canada
- Île Jésus, an island in Quebec, where the city of Laval is located; form of
- originating from France
- A red alga/seaweed, Porphyra umbilicalis (syn. Porphyra laciniata), eaten as a vegetable.
- Other seaweeds similar in appearance or use, especially:
- One who laves: a washer.
- Where one laves, a washroom, particularly a lavatorium, the washing area in a monastery.
- That which laves, particularly a washbasin.
- To have a consequence or remnant.
- To cause or allow (something) to remain as available; to refrain from taking (something) away; to stop short of consuming or otherwise depleting (something) entirely.
- To cause, to result in.
- To put; to place; to deposit; to deliver, with a sense of withdrawing oneself.
- To depart; to separate from.
- To let be or do without interference.
- To depart from; to end one's connection or affiliation with.
- To end one's membership in (a group); to terminate one's affiliation with (an organization); to stop participating in (a project).
- To depart; to go away from a certain place or state.
- To transfer something.
- To transfer possession of after death.
- To give (something) to someone; to deliver (something) to a repository; to deposit.
- To transfer responsibility or attention of (something) (to someone); to stop being concerned with.
- To remain (behind); to stay.
- To stop, desist from; to "leave off" (+ noun / gerund).
- The action of the batsman not attempting to play at the ball.
- The arrangement of balls in play that remains after a shot is made (which determines whether the next shooter — who may be either the same player, or an opponent — has good options, or only poor ones).
- Permission to be absent; time away from one's work.
- Farewell, departure.
- To give leave to; allow; permit; let; grant.
- To produce leaves or foliage.Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd ed.
- To raise; to levy.
- A trumpet call for rousing soldiers; a reveille.
- To cause to be more lively.
- plural simple present form of
- Skin discoloration, as from a bruise, or occurring after death.
- A diminutive of the female given name Olivia.
- A baby's toy, blanket, or other object of affection
- A festive bouquet of willow, palm and myrtle
- name of mostly Irish usage.
- great, awesome, brilliant
- A bright purple synthetic dye.
- The colour of this dye; a pale purple or violet colour.
- Having a pale purple colour.
- Emotionally affected; touched.
- Someone who or something which moves.
- A dancer.
- A person employed to help people move from one residence to another.
- A recorded sequence of images displayed on a screen at a rate sufficiently fast to create the appearance of motion.
- A cinema.
- City in Estonia.
- The indentation or bump remaining in the abdomen of mammals where the umbilical cord was attached before birth.
- The central part or point of anything; the middle.
- An eye on the underside of a carronade for securing it to a carriage.
- A kind of small turnip, a variety of
- a laborer on a civil engineering project such as a canal or railroad
- To carry out physical labor on a civil engineering project.
- A desert region in southern Israel
- Having nerve; bold; brazen.
- Feeling nervous, anxious or agitated.
- Strong; sinewy.
- jittery; having unwanted signal characteristics.
- At no time; on no occasion; in no circumstance.
- Not at any other time; not on any other occasion; not previously.
- Negative particle (used to negate verbs in the simple past tense; also used absolutely).
- a variant of Neville.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A general term referring to a number of different, usually benign, pigmented, raised or otherwise abnormal lesions of the skin.
- Abounding with snow; snowy.
- A surname of British origin.
- A new feature.
- A game of dice, properly called novem quinque, the two principal throws being nine and five.
- In Irish history, a man of science or learning, equivalent to a university professor.
- A female reproductive organ, often paired, that produces ova and in mammals secretes the hormones estrogen and progesterone.
- The lower part of a pistil or carpel that bears ovules and ripens into fruit.
- Shaped like an egg.
- Egg-shaped, with the broadest extremity near the base.
- Open and not secret nor concealed.
- The mast and acorns of the oak; the turn-out.
- Of, pertaining to, resembling, or being a sheep.
- Specifically, resembling a sheep in character; passive, of low intelligence and acquiescent.
- A sheep.
- The belief held by ovists.
- Someone who believes that the complete embryo is contained preformed within the ovum; a proponent of ovism.
- Pertaining to ovism.
- Shaped like an oval.
- Egg-shaped; shaped like an oval, but more tapered at one end; ovate.
- Something that is oval in shape.
- A classical convex moulding carved with an ornament.
- Covered in pavement; having a hard surface, as of concrete or asphalt.
- Laid out or made, as intentions, desires, plans, etc.
- A flat stone used to pave a pathway, such as a walkway to one's home.
- One who paves; one who lays pavement.
- An annoyance or grievance.
- To annoy; vex.
- A city in Russia, administrative centre of Pskov oblast.
- To quiver or tremble.
- A shaking; trembling.
- name. It is a common male name in India. The name means 'lotus flower' in Hindi. In Sanskrit, the word means 'Sri Krishna'.
- a snarl, complication
- To tangle; entangle; entwine confusedly, become snarled; thus to involve; perplex; confuse.
- To undo the intricacies of; to disentangle or clarify.
- To pull apart (especially cloth or a seam); unravel.
- In the APL language, to reshape (a variable) into a vector.
- To plunder, pillage, rob, pirate, or remove.
- To split, tear, break apart.
- A revalidated ticket.
- To vie with, or rival, in return.
- To exceed an adversary's wager in a card game.
- To make a retort; to bandy words.
- A competitor (person, team, company, etc.) with the same goal as another, or striving to attain the same thing. Defeating a rival may be a primary or necessary goal of a competitor.
- Someone or something with similar claims of quality or distinction as another.
- One having a common right or privilege with another; a partner.
- Having the same pretensions or claims; standing in competition for superiority.
- To oppose or compete with.
- To be equal to or to surpass another.
- To strive to equal or excel; to emulate.
- To shrivel, wrinkle (up).
- To cause to be wrinkled, to shrivel.
- A wrinkle; a rimple.
- A kind of dumpling made from egg and wheat flour, often eaten in soup.
- Torn apart.
- Broken into pieces; split asunder.
- A worshiper of Siva or practicer of Shaivism.
- Rescued from the consequences of sin.
- Shrewd, well-informed and perceptive.
- To understand.
- A kind of borscht made with sorrel (or occasionally lemongrass)
- overgrown with rushes
- The mustard plant or its seed.
- An act of putting the ball or shuttlecock in play in various games.
- A portion of food or drink, a serving.
- To be a formal servant for (a god or deity); to worship in an official capacity.
- To be a servant for; to work for, to be employed by.
- To wait upon (someone) at table; to set food and drink in front of, to help (someone) to food, meals etc.
- To be a servant or worker; to perform the duties of a servant or employee; to render service.
- To set down (food or drink) on the table to be eaten; to bring (food, drink) to a person.
- To treat (someone) in a given manner.
- To be suitor to; to be the lover of.
- To be useful to; to meet the needs of.
- To have a given use or purpose; to function something or to do something.
- To usefully take the place of something else.
- To officially deliver (a legal notice, summons etc.).
- To make legal service upon (a person named in a writ, summons, etc.)
- To lead off with the first delivery over the net in tennis, volleyball, ping pong, badminton etc.
- To copulate with (of male animals); to cover.
- To be in military service.
- To work, to operate (a weapon).
- To work through (a given period of time in prison, a sentence).
- To wind spun yarn etc. tightly around (a rope or cable, etc.) so as to protect it from chafing or from the weather.
- To perform a public obligation.
- A servomechanism or servomotor.
- To control by means of a servocontrol
- A service station, being a place to buy petrol for cars etc., as well as various convenience items, with or without actual car service facilities.
- large freshwater mountain lake in Armenia
- formerly an island in the northwestern part of Lake Sevan in Armenia, which was transformed into a peninsula after the artificial draining during the Soviet era
- To make bald by using a tool such as a razor or pair of electric clippers to cut the hair close to the skin.
- To cut anything in this fashion.
- To remove hair from one's face by this means.
- To cut finely, as with slices of meat.
- To skim along or near the surface of; to pass close to, or touch lightly, in passing.
- To be hard and severe in a bargain with; to practice extortion on; to cheat.
- To buy (a note) at a discount greater than the legal rate of interest, or to deduct in discounting it more than the legal rate allows.
- An instance of shaving.
- A thin slice; a shaving.
- An exorbitant discount on a note.
- A premium paid for an extension of the time of delivery or payment, or for the right to vary a stock contract in any particular.
- A hand tool consisting of a sharp blade with a handle at each end; a spokeshave.
- To push, especially roughly or with force.
- To move off or along by an act of pushing, as with an oar or pole used in a boat; sometimes with off.
- To make an all-in bet.
- To pass (counterfeit money).
- A rough push.
- An all-in bet.
- To cut; split; separate.
- To cut or slice something off; separate by slicing.
- A slice or sliver; slip, chip.
- To sneak; skulk; proceed in a sly way; creep.
- One of a number of narrow strips of wood, or narrow iron plates, placed edge to edge to form the sides, covering, or lining of a vessel or structure; especially, one of the strips which form the sides of a cask, a pail, etc.
- One of the bars or rounds of a rack, rungs of a ladder, etc; one of the cylindrical bars of a lantern wheel
- A metrical portion; a stanza; a staff.
- The five horizontal and parallel lines on and between which musical notes are written or pointed; the staff.
- A staff or walking stick.
- A sign, symbol or sigil, including rune or rune-like characters, used in Icelandic magic.
- To break in the staves of; to break a hole in; to burst. Often with in.
- To push, as with a staff. With off.
- To delay by force or craft; to drive away. Often with off.
- To burst in pieces by striking against something.
- To walk or move rapidly.
- To suffer, or cause to be lost by breaking the cask.
- To furnish with staves or rundles.
- To render impervious or solid by driving with a calking iron.
- A stew.
- The floating dust in a flour mill caused by the operation of grinding.
- To be stifled or suffocated.
- To compress, to cram; to make close and hot; to render stifling.
- A heater, a closed apparatus to burn fuel for the warming of a room.
- A device for heating food, (UK) a cooker.
- A hothouse
- A house or room artificially warmed or heated.
- To heat or dry, as in a stove.
- To keep warm, in a house or room, by artificial heat.
- Charming, confident and elegant.
- Sweet talk.
- To copulate with (a woman).
- To cut a crop in a sweeping or rambling manner, hence to reap; cut for harvest.
- A city in southern Burma.
- A kind of ochre used for marking sheep in some parts of England.
- To mark with tiver, as sheep.
- A closed karst depression, a terrain form usually of elongated or compound structure and of larger size than a sinkhole.
- A conserve made of grapes.
- Of or pertaining to the uvea
- A community of Liechtenstein.
- The capital of Liechtenstein.
- of or relating to the vagus nerve
- The vagus nerve.
- A homeless person or vagrant.
- Divided into vair-bells of two or more tinctures.
- A representative, especially of a political figure; an official or ambassador.
- A paired copulatory organ of males in some species of insects that helps the male clasp the female.
- A device that controls the flow of a gas or fluid through a pipe.
- A device that admits fuel and air into the cylinder of an internal combustion engine, or one that allows combustion gases to exit.
- One or more membranous partitions, flaps, or folds, which permit the passage of the contents of a vessel or cavity in one direction, but stop or control the flow in the opposite direction
- A vacuum tube.
- One of the pieces into which certain fruits naturally separate when they dehisce.
- A small portion of certain anthers, which opens like a trapdoor to allow the pollen to escape, such as in the barberry.
- One of the pieces or divisions of bivalve or multivalve shells.
- One of the two similar portions of the shell of a diatom.
- To control (flow) by means of a valve.
- The univalent radical derived from valine.
- name transferred from the surname; of mostly American usage.
- Having a vane or vanes.
- The principal deities, as a group, of the Norse pantheon that represent chaos, fertility, and cultivation; opponents of the Æsir.
- Members of the Swedish royal family whose ancestry is traditionally traced to one of the Vanir deities.
- Lifeless, dull, or banal.
- Tasteless, bland, or insipid.
- Cloudy diffused matter such as mist, steam or fumes suspended in the air.
- The gaseous state of a substance that is normally a solid or liquid.
- To become vapor; to be emitted or circulated as vapor.
- To turn into vapor.
- To use insubstantial language; to boast or bluster.
- The calcined ash of coarse seaweed, used for the manufacture of soda and iodine.
- The seaweed itself; fucus; wrack.
- a varicose, i.e. swollen and knotted, vein
- In a particular on the corresponding to a former position of the
- Relating to a vessel (of the body)
- Pertaining to a prophet; prophetic, oracular.
- An arched masonry structure supporting and forming a ceiling, whether freestanding or forming part of a larger building.
- Any arched ceiling or roof.
- Anything resembling such a downward-facing concave structure, particularly the sky and caves.
- The space covered by an arched roof, particularly underground rooms and church crypts.
- Any cellar or underground storeroom.
- Any burial chamber, particularly those underground.
- The secure room or rooms in or below a bank used to store currency and other valuables; similar rooms in other settings.
- A piece of apparatus used for performing jumps.
- A gymnastic movement performed on this apparatus.
- An encrypted digital archive.
- An underground or covered conduit for water or waste; a drain; a sewer.
- A underground or covered reservoir for water or waste; a cistern; a cesspit.
- A room employing a cesspit or sewer: an outhouse; a lavatory.
- To build as, or cover with a vault.
- To jump or leap over.
- An act of vaulting, formerly by deer; a leap or jump.
- of: a circular movement by the horse.
- An event or performance involving a vaulting horse.
- To speak boastfully.
- To speak boastfully about.
- To boast of; to make a vain display of; to display with ostentation.
- A boast; an instance of vaunting.
- The first part.
- Resembling veal.
- Of or pertaining to the Vedas
- Of or relating to the Sanskrit language of the Vedas
- A plucked stringed instrument used mostly in Carnatic Indian classical music.
- An American thrush ( common in the Northern United States and Canada.
- Having prominent veins.
- A city in North Dakota.
- A poison carried by an animal, usually injected into an enemy or prey by biting or stinging.
- Feeling or speech marked by spite or malice.
- To infect with venom; to envenom; to poison.
- Poisonous, poisoned; (figuratively) pernicious.
- A theater, auditorium, arena, or other area designated for sporting or entertainment events.
- A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.
- A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.
- Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.
- A Russian unit of length, equivalent to about 1.07 kilometres or about 2/3 of a mile.
- Any of several leguminous plants, of the genus Vicia, often grown as green manure and for their edible seeds.
- Any of several similar plants within the subfamily Faboideae.
- a town in Indiana, USA, and the county seat of Switzerland County.
- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- One who vexes; one who annoys
- An item of food.
- A choice dish.
- An item of food eaten with rice.
- An extensive patch of subcutaneous extravasation of blood.
- In the Church of England, the priest of a parish, receiving a salary or stipend but not tithes.
- In the Roman Catholic and some other churches, a cleric acting as local representative of a higher ranking member of the clergy.
- A person acting on behalf of, or is representing another person.
- vicious; corrupt
- name, also used as a formal given name.
- A small civilian settlement outside a Roman fort.
- Having strong views or opinions.
- Superficially attractive; showy.
- Beef and mutton hung and dried, but not salted.
- A veil or shawl worn over the shoulders of servers who carry the mitre and crosier during liturgical functions when they are not being used by the bishop, in the Roman Catholic, Anglican, and some other western churches.
- polyvinyl alcohol fibers
- Having leaves like those of the vine; ornamented with vine leaves.
- moldiness, mould
- To become musty or mouldy.
- Of or pertaining to wine.
- A virid colour.
- Green, verdant.
- Any of a group of related viruses.
- A longitudinal stripe
- An oil tube in the fruit of some plants
- A lake in Alaska.
- A felt-tipped permanent marker, genericised from the brand.
- Clear, detailed or powerful.
- Bright, intense or colourful.
- Full of life, strikingly alive.
- A Wallachian.
- A Romanian.
- Any member of an Eastern Romance speaking group, including Romanians, Aromanians, Megleno-Romanians, and Istro-Romanians.
- Any member of a Polish ethnographic group (subgroup of Silesians) living around the towns of Cieszyn and Skoczów
- Vocabulary, especially that acquired while learning a language.
- An early electronic device for synthesizing speech by imitating the effects of the human vocal tract.
- A clear distilled alcoholic liquor made from grain mash
- A serving of the above beverage
- Neutral spirits distilled (or treated after distillation) so as to have no distinctive character, aroma, taste or color
- Proud; conceited; vain.
- Happy; pleased or well-disposed.
- The Finno-Ugric language spoken in Khantia-Mansia.
- A member of the Mansi people.
- Sound uttered by the mouth, especially by human beings in speech or song; sound thus uttered considered as possessing some special quality or character
- Sound made through vibration of the vocal cords; sonant, or intonated, utterance; tone; — distinguished from mere breath sound as heard in whispering and voiceless consonants.
- The tone or sound emitted by an object
- The faculty or power of utterance
- Language; words; speech; expression; signification of feeling or opinion
- Opinion or choice expressed; judgment
- Command; precept.
- One who speaks; a speaker.
- A particular way of inflecting or conjugating verbs, or a particular form of a verb, by means of which is indicated the relation of the subject of the verb to the action which the verb expresses.
- In harmony, an independent vocal or instrumental part in a piece of composition.
- A flag associated with a user on a channel, determining whether or not they can send messages to the channel.
- To give utterance or expression to; to utter; to publish; to announce
- To utter audibly.
- To fit for producing the proper sounds; to regulate the tone of
- To vote; to elect; to appoint
- To clamor; to cry out
- To assign the voice flag to a user on IRC, permitting them to send messages to the channel.
- To act as a voice actor to portray a character.
- Pertaining to the palm of the hand or the sole of the foot.
- A shutter on a window.
- The wing of a triptych.
- A turning; a time
- A volte
- A turning point or point of change in a poem, most commonly a sonnet.
- To take responsibility for; to express confidence in; to witness; to obtest.
- To warrant; to maintain by affirmations; to attest; to affirm; to avouch.
- To back; to support; to confirm.
- To call into court to warrant and defend, or to make good a warranty of title.
- To call; to summon.
- To bear witness; to give testimony or full attestation.
- To call as a witness.
- To assert; to aver; to declare.
- Warrant; attestation.
- Undertaken in accordance with a vow; solemnly promised.
- A sound produced by the vocal cords with relatively little restriction of the oral cavity, forming the prominent sound of a syllable.
- A letter representing the sound of vowel; in English, the vowels are a, e, i, o and u, and sometimes y.
- Seaweed gathered for use as a fertilizer or fuel.
- To move with great speed; to zoom.
- Containing vugs.
- In the vernacular; commonly known as.
- The masses.
- To outlaw (someone).
- To abandon, give up (someone or something).
- To relinquish (a right etc.); to give up claim to; to forego.
- To put aside, avoid.
- To move from side to side; to sway.
- To stray, wander.
- A woman put out of the protection of the law; an outlawed woman.
- A waif; a castaway.
- To sway back and forth; to totter or reel.
- To flicker, glimmer, quiver, as a weak light.
- To fluctuate or vary, as commodity prices or a poorly sustained musical pitch.
- To shake or tremble, as the hands or voice.
- To falter; become unsteady; begin to fail or give way.
- To be indecisive between choices; to feel or show doubt or indecision; to vacillate.
- An act of wavering, vacillating, etc.
- Someone who waves, enjoys waving, etc.
- Someone who specializes in waving (hair treatment).
- A tool that accomplishes hair waving.
- A sapling left standing in a fallen wood.
- The snow goose (Chen caerulescens)
- To form something by passing lengths or strands of material over and under one another.
- To spin a cocoon or a web.
- To unite by close connection or intermixture.
- To compose creatively and intricately; to fabricate.
- A type or way of weaving.
- Human or artificial hair worn to alter one's appearance, either to supplement or to cover the natural hair.
- To move by turning and twisting.
- To make (a path or way) by winding in and out or from side to side.
- To behave like a wolf.
- Of an organ, to make a hollow whining sound like that of a wolf.
- A unit of electrical potential equal to one hundred millionth of a volt (10-8 volts), used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units.
- To move or conduct to or toward.
- To transport something by advection
- To accede or to come to; to be superadded to, to be added to something or become a part of it, though inessential.
- An advertisement, an ad.
- To turn attention.
- To call attention, refer; construed with to.
- An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel.
- Deliberate consideration; knowledge.
- Information or news given; intelligence;
- In commercial language, information communicated by letter; used chiefly in reference to drafts or bills of exchange
- Counseling to perform a specific illegal act.
- In aspect-oriented programming, the code whose execution is triggered when a join point is reached.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- information; advice; intelligence.
- An advice boat, dispatch boat.
- To summon or call (to a higher tribunal).
- The channel of a river.
- A silicate of hafnium, thorium and zirconium
Possible word length