Page 1 from 19
Total results: 19218
- Adult Video News, an American magazine of the pornographic industry.
- Resentful desire of something possessed by another or others (but not limited to material possessions).
- An object of envious notice or feeling.
- Hatred, enmity, ill-feeling.
- Emulation; rivalry.
- Public odium; ill repute.
- To feel displeasure or hatred towards (someone) for their good fortune or possessions.
- To have envious feelings (at).
- To give (something) to (someone) grudgingly or reluctantly; to begrudge.
- To show malice or ill will; to rail.
- To do harm to; to injure; to disparage.
- To hate.
- To emulate.
- A town in central Asturias, northern Spain
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- to hawk or to peddle merchandise
- to sell wares through a vending machine
- The act of vending or selling; a sale.
- The total sales of coal from a colliery.
- Resembling a vine, especially in being twisty.
- To wound (oneself) by biting at the breast.
- Vulnerability (weakness in software etc. that can be maliciously exploited).
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the inner ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- to recite the Jewish liturgy; to pray
- Pertaining to elves; elvish; elven.
- Of or relating to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- The rock of an elvan vein, or the vein itself.
- A short stanza at the end of a poem, used either to address a person or to comment on the preceding body of the poem.
- a diplomatic agent of the second rank, next in status after an ambassador.
- a diplomat.
- a messenger.
- a short stanza at the end of a poem.
- common in Wales, derived from the given name Evan (or Ifan in
- To occur; to happen; to come to pass.
- An alloy of iron containing 35.5% nickel, and having a very low coefficient of expansion.
- Pertaining to, or from, the island of Java
- Belonging to, or descended from, its Malay main people and its culture
- An inhabitant of the Indonesian island Java
- A member or descendant of Java's main, Malay ethno-linguistic group, by far the largest in Indonesia
- the fourth son of Japheth
- name, a rare spelling variant of Kevin.
- A boy; especially, a boy servant.
- Any male servant; a menial.
- A tricky, deceitful fellow; a dishonest person; a rogue; a villain.
- A playing card marked with the figure of a servant or soldier; a jack.
- To cause to be more lively.
- plural simple present form of
- City in Estonia.
- The indentation or bump remaining in the abdomen of mammals where the umbilical cord was attached before birth.
- The central part or point of anything; the middle.
- An eye on the underside of a carronade for securing it to a carriage.
- A kind of small turnip, a variety of
- a laborer on a civil engineering project such as a canal or railroad
- To carry out physical labor on a civil engineering project.
- A desert region in southern Israel
- Having nerve; bold; brazen.
- Feeling nervous, anxious or agitated.
- Strong; sinewy.
- jittery; having unwanted signal characteristics.
- At no time; on no occasion; in no circumstance.
- Not at any other time; not on any other occasion; not previously.
- Negative particle (used to negate verbs in the simple past tense; also used absolutely).
- a variant of Neville.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A general term referring to a number of different, usually benign, pigmented, raised or otherwise abnormal lesions of the skin.
- Abounding with snow; snowy.
- A surname of British origin.
- A new feature.
- A game of dice, properly called novem quinque, the two principal throws being nine and five.
- Of, pertaining to, resembling, or being a sheep.
- Specifically, resembling a sheep in character; passive, of low intelligence and acquiescent.
- A sheep.
- Torn apart.
- Broken into pieces; split asunder.
- The mustard plant or its seed.
- large freshwater mountain lake in Armenia
- formerly an island in the northwestern part of Lake Sevan in Armenia, which was transformed into a peninsula after the artificial draining during the Soviet era
- name transferred from the surname; of mostly American usage.
- Having a vane or vanes.
- The principal deities, as a group, of the Norse pantheon that represent chaos, fertility, and cultivation; opponents of the Æsir.
- Members of the Swedish royal family whose ancestry is traditionally traced to one of the Vanir deities.
- To speak boastfully.
- To speak boastfully about.
- To boast of; to make a vain display of; to display with ostentation.
- A boast; an instance of vaunting.
- The first part.
- A plucked stringed instrument used mostly in Carnatic Indian classical music.
- Having prominent veins.
- A poison carried by an animal, usually injected into an enemy or prey by biting or stinging.
- Feeling or speech marked by spite or malice.
- To infect with venom; to envenom; to poison.
- Poisonous, poisoned; (figuratively) pernicious.
- A theater, auditorium, arena, or other area designated for sporting or entertainment events.
- A neighborhood or near place; the place or county in which anything is alleged to have happened; also, the place where an action is laid.
- A bout; a hit; a turn. See venew.
- Sport venue: a stadium or similar building in which a sporting competition is held.
- An item of food.
- A choice dish.
- An item of food eaten with rice.
- polyvinyl alcohol fibers
- Having leaves like those of the vine; ornamented with vine leaves.
- moldiness, mould
- To become musty or mouldy.
- Of or pertaining to wine.
- To accede or to come to; to be superadded to, to be added to something or become a part of it, though inessential.
- A tax or fee imposed on foreigners under the Ottoman Empire, especially one considered to be irregular or extortionate.
- A vaunt; a boast.
- To advance; to move forward; to elevate.
- To depart; to move away.
- To vaunt; to boast.
- An officer of the king's stables whose duty it was to provide oats for the horses.
- A vengeance; a revenge.
- To take vengeance (for); to exact satisfaction for by punishing the injuring party; to vindicate by inflicting pain or evil on a wrongdoer.
- To take vengeance.
- To treat revengefully; to wreak vengeance on.
- A prolamine that is the minor protein of oats.
- A broad street, especially one bordered by trees.
- A way or opening for entrance into a place; a passage by which a place may be reached; a way of approach or of exit.
- The principal walk or approach to a house which is withdrawn from the road, especially, such approach bordered on each side by trees; any broad passageway thus bordered.
- A method or means by which something may be accomplished.
- A tetrameric protein produced in the oviducts of birds, reptiles and amphibians and deposited in the whites of their eggs.
- A vane that is doubly jointed so as to indicate both horizontal and vertical components of a fluid's flow
- Of or pertaining to cattle.
- Belonging to the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cows, buffalo, and bison.
- Sluggish, dull, slow-witted.
- An animal of the family, subfamily, tribe, or genera including cattle, buffaloes and bison.
- of French and Spanish origin, notably borne by John Calvin, French Protestant theologian
- name derived from the surname; used especially by nonconformist families
- A type of coarse cloth, woven from hemp, useful for making sails and tents or as a surface for paintings.
- A piece of canvas cloth stretched across a frame on which one may paint.
- A basis for creative work.
- A region on which graphics can be rendered.
- sails in general
- A tent.
- A painting, or a picture on canvas.
- A rough draft or model of a song, air, or other literary or musical composition; especially one to show a poet the measure of the verses he is to make.
- To cover an area or object with canvas.
- Made by carving, especially when intricately or artistically done.
- A large cave.
- An underground chamber.
- The recreational sport of exploring caves.
- An act of collapsing or caving in.
- A river fish, the chub.
- Split or divided.
- curved or bowed outward like the outside of a bowl or sphere or circle
- arranged such that for any two points in the set, a straight line between the two points is contained within the set.
- having no internal angles greater than 180 degrees.
- having an epigraph which is a convex set.
- Any convex body or surface.
- To move (something) from one place to another.
- To take or carry (someone) from one place to another.
- To communicate; to make known; to portray.
- To transfer legal rights (to).
- To manage with privacy; to carry out.
- To carry or take away secretly; to steal; to thieve.
- name, a feminine form of David.
- A hexagonal-dipyramidal mineral containing aluminum, calcium, chlorine, oxygen, potassium, silicon, sodium, and sulfur.
- The capital city of the state of Colorado in the United States of America. As it is also a county, its official title is the City and County of Denver.
- To remove the vein-like colon from (shrimp).
- The action of the verb to dive in any sense.
- The sport of jumping head first into water.
- The practice of swimming underwater, especially using a scuba system, and especially for recreation.
- That or who dives or dive.
- Obsessed; passionately motivated to achieve goals.
- Formed into snowdrifts by wind.
- A cricket team of eleven players.
- A football team of eleven players.
- Used instead of ! to amplify an exclamation, imitating n00bs who forget to press the shift key while typing exclamation points.
- A number off the charts of a hypothetical scale of one to ten.
- An exceptional specimen, a physically attractive person.
- A very high level of intensity.
- A moveable surface at the trailing edge of a tailless airplane (such as the space shuttle) that provides pitch and roll control.
- A leafy salad vegetable, which is often confused with common chicory (
- Liable to vanish; faint; weak; evanescent.
- name, transferred from the surname.
- One who, or that which, makes even.
- In vehicles, a swinging crossbar, to the ends of which other crossbars, or whiffletrees, are hung, to equalize the draught when two or three horses are used abreast.
- A raddle (instrument used by weavers).
- So as to form a flat surface.
- In a fair manner of distribution, giving the same amount or number to each.
- In a manner that leaves no remainder.
- A member of the Greek presidential guard.
- An infantryman of a select corps of the Greek army.
- Gin, especially jenever.
- A city in Switzerland.
- A canton of Switzerland, having Geneva as its capital.
- The largest lake in Switzerland.
- A city in Alabama, USA
- A city in Illinois, USA, and county seat of Kane County.
- name, from the place name or confused with Genevieve or Ginevra.
- The Geneva Convention.
- having the tendency to give; generous
- The act of bestowing as a gift; a conferring or imparting.
- A gift; a benefaction.
- The act of softening, breaking, or yielding.
- To make and administer the public policy and affairs of; to exercise sovereign authority in.
- To control the actions or behavior of; to keep under control; to restrain.
- To exercise a deciding or determining influence on.
- To control the speed, flow etc. of; to regulate.
- To exercise political authority; to run a government.
- To have or exercise a determining influence.
- To require that a certain preposition, grammatical case, etc. be used with a word; sometimes used synonymously with collocate.
- A town in Hampshire, England.
- A local government district with borough status in Hampshire, with its headquarters in the town of Havant.
- Something owned; possession; goods; estate.
- To place in a hive; to hive.
- To move into.
- To enter by force in order to conquer.
- To infest or overrun.
- To attack; to infringe; to encroach on; to violate.
- To make an unwelcome or uninvited visit or appearance, usually with an intent to cause trouble or some other unpleasant situation.
- To cover with a veil.
- To design a new process or mechanism.
- To create something fictional for a particular purpose.
- To come upon; to find; to find out; to discover.
- To turn (something) upside down or inside out; to place in a contrary order or direction.
- To move (the root note of a chord) up or down an octave, resulting in a change in pitch.
- To undergo inversion, as sugar.
- To divert; to convert to a wrong use.
- A homosexual person.
- An inverted arch (as in a sewer). *
- The base of a tunnel on which the road or railway may be laid and used when construction is through unstable ground. It may be flat or form a continuous curve with the tunnel arch. invert (in'‑vert) The floor or bottom of the internal cross section of a closed conduit, such as an aqueduct, tunnel, or drain - The term originally referred to the inverted arch used to form the bottom of a masonry‑lined sewer or tunnel (Jackson, 1997) Wilson, W.E., Moore, J.E., (2003) Glossary of Hydrology, Berlin: Springer
- The lowest point inside a pipe at a certain point.
- An elevation of a pipe at a certain point along the pipe.
- A skateboarding trick where the skater grabs the board and plants a hand on the coping so as to balance upside-down on the lip of a ramp.
- Subjected to the process of inversion; inverted; converted.
- To spend money, time, or energy on something, especially for some benefit or purpose; used with in.
- To clothe or wrap (with garments).
- To put on (clothing).
- To envelop, wrap, cover.
- To commit money or capital in the hope of financial gain.
- To ceremonially install someone in some office.
- To formally give (someone) some power or authority.
- To formally give (power or authority).
- To surround, accompany, or attend.
- To lay siege to.
- To make investments.
- To prepare for lost wax casting by creating an investment mold (a mixture of a silica sand and plaster).
- An unnamed tropical weather pattern "to investigate" for development into a significant (named) system.
- To call upon (a person, especially a god) for help, assistance or guidance.
- To appeal for validation to a (notably cited) authority.
- To conjure up with incantations.
- To bring about as an inevitable consequence.
- To solicit, petition for, appeal to a favorable attitude.
- To cause (a program or subroutine) to execute.
- A river in Scotland, which flows into the near the town of Irvine.
- A town in council area, Scotland
- A hamlet in Alberta, Canada
- A city in California, USA.
- An unincorporated community in Florida, USA.
- A city in Kentucky, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wyoming, USA.
- derived from the place name.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name transferred from the surname. Used by English-speaking Jews to anglicize Israel.
- A city in Illinois
- A city in Texas
- A town in Wisconsin
- A member of a Filipino ethnolinguistic group predominant in the Batanes Islands of the Philippines.
- Of or relating to these people.
- The Austronesian language of these people.
- A city in West Virginia.
- From or pertaining to Khiva.
- Someone from Khiva.
- Of or associated with the city of Kiev, especially when referring to the medieval period (c 880–c 1150) when the city dominated the East Slavic lands which today are Belarus, Russia, and Ukraine.
- A resident of Kiev.
- a small chin beard trimmed to a point; named for its resemblance to a goat's beard
- A shallow or more or less intermittent spring.
- A violent flow or rush of water.
- The act by which something is laved or washed.
- Any agent used to make dough rise or to have a similar effect on baked goods.
- Anything that makes a general assimilating change in the mass.
- To add a leavening agent.
- To cause to rise by fermentation.
- To temper an action or decision.
- To imbue; to infect; to vitiate.
- To rise or become larger.
- An Ancient Roman goddess involved in rituals relating to childbirth.
- A hydrated silicate mineral found in sodium- and calcium-dominated forms.
- Of or relating to Livy, the Ancient Roman historian.
- Having life.
- In use or existing.
- Of everyday life.
- True to life.
- The state of being alive.
- Financial means; a means of maintaining life; livelihood
- A style of life.
- A position in a church (usually the Church of England) that has attached to it a source of income; an ecclesiastical benefice.
- An anthocyanin, a diglucoside of malvidin, found in very many foods.
- A village in North Carolina.
- A town in South Dakota.
- The party who moves for the judge to rule in favor of a motion.
- Moving; that moves; that is being moved.
- Anything that is moved or that moves, or that gives motion; mover.
- That moves or move.
- That causes someone to feel emotion.
- The relocation of goods
- A causing of a movement
- Any form of aid to navigation, particularly applying to shipping and aviation. Examples: lighthouse, or ILS (instrument landing system)
- Having one or more principal veins, especially of a leaf.
- One of the most powerful Belgic tribes, living in northern Gaul at the time of its conquest by Ancient Rome.
- Hurtful, injurious.
- To replace something with something new
- To replace a debt or other obligation
- A recitation of prayers and devotions for nine consecutive days, especially one to a saint to ask for their intercession.
- Relating to, or dependent on, the number nine; novenary.
- A beginner; one who is not very familiar or experienced in a particular subject.
- A new member of a religious order accepted on a conditional basis, prior to confirmation.
- Of or relating to ovonics.
- The hard durable surface placed directly atop the ground, as on a street or sidewalk.
- Interior pavement, as in a cathedral.
- Pertaining to the material used for pavement, or to the surface itself.
- a city in northern Bulgaria
- A warrant or assurance.
- Wild, incoherent, or irrational talk.
- Talking wildly.
- Causing excitement or wild praise.
- Discharge, firing.
- A situation in which a court, tasked with deciding which state's law should apply to a case, decides to apply the law of the forum, based on the determination that a court from another involved state would also apply the law of the forum.
- Temporary call forwarding.
- cross-reference in text.
- A sending back.
- To send back.
- A strip of a townfield.
- wandering freely.
- A long and narrow bundle of fibre, usually used to spin woollen yarn.
- A reduction in cost or expenditure.
- Something (usually money) that is saved, particularly money that has been set aside for the future.
- The action of the verb to save.
- exception; reservation
- That saves someone from damnation; redemptive.
- Preserving; rescuing.
- Thrifty; frugal.
- Bringing back in returns or in receipts the sum expended; incurring no loss, though not gainful.
- Making reservation or exception.
- relating to making a saving: e.g. labour-saving, energy-saving light bulbs.
- With the exception of; except; save.
- Without disrespect to.
- A province of Liguria, Italy.
- The capital of Savona.
- Rugby sevens.
- A pair of sevens.
- A river of England and Wales that flows into the Bristol Channel.
- Having been shaved.
- To steal, to pickpocket.
- To snatch.
- To breathe heavily through the nose; to sniffle.
- To whine or complain, whilst crying.
- the act of snivelling
- nasal mucus; snot
- A disease of horses characterized by a bony swelling developed on the hock as the result of inflammation of the bones.
- Pertaining to the forest, or woodlands.
- Residing in a forest or wood.
- Wooded, or covered in forest.
- One who resides in the woods.
- A fabled deity of the wood; a satyr; a faun.
- A building containing a bar licensed to sell alcoholic drinks; an inn.
- Not even
- Not level or smooth
- Not uniform
- Varying in quality
- A peninsula and district of northern Quebec, Canada.
- To yield; relax; slacken; give way; loosen.
- To melt; thaw.
- To take back something that had been given.
- To drive or remove from a hive.
- To deprive (a crowd, etc.) of habitation or shelter.
- To bereave or deprive of life; make unalive.
- To live (a period of time) in reverse, so that it ceases to have happened.
- The lack, absence, or omission of love; lovelessness; enmity; neglect; hate.
- to lose one's love (for someone or something)
- To remove a veil from; to uncover; to disclose to view; to reveal.
- To remove a veil; to reveal oneself.
- To reverse or annul by vote.
- To divest of a wife; to divorce (someone) from his wife.
- To cause (a woman) no longer to be a wife.
- Not occupied; empty.
- Showing no intelligence or interest.
- In a vain manner; to no avail.
- With a vain attitude.
- Sesamum indicum, the sesame plant.
- To become invisible or to move out of view unnoticed.
- To become equal to zero.
- The brief terminal part of a vowel or vocal element, differing more or less in quality from the main part.
- A magic trick in which something seems to disappear.
- That which is vain, futile, or worthless; that which is of no value, use or profit.
- Excessive pride in or admiration of one's own abilities, appearance or achievements.
- A dressing table used to apply makeup, preen, and coif hair. The table is normally quite low and similar to a desk, with drawers and one or more mirrors on top. Either a chair or bench is used to sit upon.
- A washbasin installed into a permanently fixed storage unit, used as an item of bathroom furniture.
- Any idea, theory or statement that is without foundation.
- name, short for Vanessa.
- of origin, variant of Vaughan.
- name transferred from the surname.
- Any of several cities in Montana, New Mexico, or Washington.
- vaunting; boastful
- Pertaining to or contained in veins, especially the veins of a leaf.
- Having veins or veinlike markings (of a specified type).
- A kind of deer; the pudu.
- A person or a company that vends or sells.
- A vending machine.
- To bundle third-party dependencies with the source code for a program.
- A thin decorative covering of fine material (usually wood) applied to coarser wood or other material.
- An attractive appearance that covers or disguises true nature or feelings.
- To apply veneer to.
- To disguise with apparent goodness.
- The hunting of wild animals.
- Game animals.
- The pursuit of sexual pleasure or indulgence.
- Pardonable; able to be forgiven.
- Excusable; trifling
- A maritime city and associated province in the Veneto, Italy.
- The historical maritime empire of Venice.
- A neighborhood of Los Angeles, California.
- A writ of venire facias.
- A group of persons summoned by a writ of venire facias to appear in court for jury selection.
- Having numerous or conspicuous veins; veiny.
- A vendor.
- A woman with offspring
- A protuberant, usually hollow structure, notably:
- the belly
- an abdomen
- A broad, shallow concavity, notably of a bone
- One who vents, who is vocal about feelings or problems.
- A small vein, especially one that connects capillaries to a larger vein.
- A small city in the Meuse department of France.
- An alkaloid obtained as a yellow amorphous substance by the decomposition of veratrine.
- Any one of various common types of small insects or animals which cause harm and annoyance.
- Animals that prey on game, such as foxes or weasels.
- Obnoxious, or mean and offensive person or people.
- Vernix caseosa; a fatty deposit covering the skin of newborn babies.
- name, transferred from the surname since the nineteenth century.
- A city in British Columbia, Canada.
- A city in Alabama, USA
- A city in California.
- A in Colorado.
- A town in Connecticut.
- A city in Florida.
- A village in Illinois.
- A town in Indiana.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- An unincorporated community in Oklahoma.
- A city in Texas.
- A town in Utah.
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- An alkaloid extracted from the seeds of the vetch ( as a white crystalline substance.
- Nearby; neighbouring; vicinal.
- The capital of Austria.
- A small city in Illinois, USA
- A town in Virginia in the United States.
- A mythological flying palace or chariot described in Hindu texts and Sanskrit epics.
- The tower above the garbhagriha in a Hindu temple.
- Of or pertaining to vines; containing vines.
- A vineyard.
- A structure, usually enclosed with glass, for rearing and protecting vines; a grapery.
- To convert the juice of a fruit (especially that of the grape) into wine by fermentation.
- A diminutive of the male given name Vincent.
- A diminutive of the female given name Lavinia.
- Pertaining to or having the characteristics of wine.
- Tending to drink wine excessively.
- Affected by the drinking of wine.
- Induced by the drinking of wine.
- A city in Iowa, USA, which is the county seat of
- A town in Louisiana.
- A ghost town in Nebraska.
- A village in Ohio.
- A village in Texas.
- A town in Virginia.
- A place where wine is sold.
- A synthetic fiber made from polyvinyl chloride.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town in Manitoba, Canada.
- A village in New Mexico.
- green; not withered
- A material extracted from the mucilaginous sap of the mistletoe and used to make birdlime.
- One of the Trimurti (trinity) in Hindu mythology, and the most popularly venerated god in Hinduism. Vishnu is commonly depicted as being blue in colour and having four arms: with each hand holding either a lotus, a mace, a conch shell or Chakra weapon. Vishnu is the Supreme being or Ultimate Reality for Vaishnavas and a manifestation of Brahman in the Advaita or Smarta traditions of Hinduism.
- name used in India.
- In mort, bridge, and similar games, the partner of dummy.
- Having extended wings as if flying.
- Flying, or able to fly.
- Moving quickly or lightly, as though flying; nimble.
- devouring something
- An ostentatiously pious person.
- Having an associated right for the holder to vote as an owner of business.
- action of the verb to vote
- Wounded and bleeding, especially from the breast.
- The motion of something that waves.
- Repeated moving of arms or hands to signal.
- Mythical dragon-like creature, having wings, only two legs and a barbed tail.
- name borrowed from France, in regular use since the twentieth century.
- A peptide that participates in the regulation of the menstrual cycle, cell proliferation, apoptosis, metabolism, and many other diverse functions.
- To bring forward; to move towards the front; to make to go on.
- To raise; to elevate.
- To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
- To accelerate the growth or progress of; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten.
- To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show.
- To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
- To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand.
- To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate.
- To move forwards, to approach.
- To extol; to laud.
- A forward move; improvement or progression.
- An amount of money or credit, especially given as a loan, or paid before it is due; an advancement.
- An addition to the price; rise in price or value.
- An opening approach or overture, especially of an unwelcome or sexual nature.
- Completed before need or a milestone event.
- Any small saltwater fish of the Engraulidae family, consisting of 160 species in 16 genera, of which the genus Engraulis is widely sold as food.
- A town in Hampshire, southern UK.
- A member of an ancient, powerful Gallic tribe living in what is now the Auvergne region of France, who opposed the Romans on several occasions.
- of: a worldwide US military telephone system from the 1960s to the 1990s.
- Non-valent, having valency zero: taking no arguments.
- Of or relating to Avaria.
- A native or inhabitant of Avaria.
- A quantity of oats paid by a tenant to a landlord in lieu of rent.
- One who avenges or vindicates
- One who takes vengeance.
- To thrust forward (at a venture), as a spear.
Possible word length