Page 1 from 9
Total results: 8551
- of (a technique used to determine amorphous content of a material).
- enthusiastic; passionate; longing eagerly; eager; greedy
- A type of men's long underwear.
- Diesel fuel for cars and lorries
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- A 1st century BC Roman poet.
- name of mainly historic use.
- A town in Colorado.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- A canton of Switzerland
- The open pasture land or grassland of South Africa and neighboring countries.
- to hawk or to peddle merchandise
- to sell wares through a vending machine
- The act of vending or selling; a sale.
- The total sales of coal from a colliery.
- VHSIC Hardware Description Language.
- To keep away from; to keep clear of; to endeavor not to meet; to shun; to abstain from.
- To make empty; to clear.
- To make void, to annul; to refute (especially a contract).
- To defeat or evade; to invalidate. Thus, in a replication, the plaintiff may deny the defendant's plea, or confess it, and avoid it by stating new matter.
- To emit or throw out; to void
- To leave, evacuate; to leave as empty, to withdraw or come away from.
- To get rid of.
- To retire; to withdraw, depart, go away.
- To become void or vacant.
- An animal of the family Bovidae (such as the antelope, gazelle, goat, and sheep).
- A supernatural entity of disagreeable nature.
- to recite the Jewish liturgy; to pray
- A diminutive of the male given name David.
- derived from David.
- a mountain resort in Switzerland, known as the host to the World Economic Forum
- To dig the ground, especially with a shovel.
- To search thoroughly and carefully for information, research, dig into, penetrate, fathom, trace out
- To dig, to excavate.
- A pit or den.
- Bending down; sloping.
- To give up; to devote.
- To disavow; to disclaim.
- someone who dives, especially as a sport
- someone who works underwater; a frogman
- the loon (bird)
- The New Zealand sand diver
- The long-finned sand diver
- A torn up piece of turf (e.g. by a golf club in making a stroke or by a horse's hoof).
- A disruption in an otherwise smooth contour.
- A dividend; a share or portion.
- To divide something into portions.
- ‘Divine’; very pleasant, wonderful.
- A foolish person.
- A number of cattle driven to market or new pastures.
- A large number of people on the move (literally or figuratively).
- A group of hares.
- A road or track along which cattle are habitually driven.
- A narrow drain or channel used in the irrigation of land.
- A broad chisel used to bring stone to a nearly smooth surface.
- The grooved surface of stone finished by the drove chisel.
- To herd cattle; particularly over a long distance.
- To finish (stone) with a drove chisel.
- turbid; muddy; filthy
- of origin, for someone who lived in a valley.
- A thick, padded quilt used instead of blankets.
- A cover for a quilt or comforter.
- A form of tatpuruṣa in which the modifying member is a number.
- Having eaves (of a specified number or kind).
- Overgrown with ivy or another climbing plant.
- Emotionally affected; touched.
- Shaped like an oval.
- Egg-shaped; shaped like an oval, but more tapered at one end; ovate.
- Something that is oval in shape.
- Covered in pavement; having a hard surface, as of concrete or asphalt.
- Laid out or made, as intentions, desires, plans, etc.
- Rescued from the consequences of sin.
- A community of Liechtenstein.
- The capital of Liechtenstein.
- Having a vane or vanes.
- Lifeless, dull, or banal.
- Tasteless, bland, or insipid.
- Of or pertaining to the Vedas
- Of or relating to the Sanskrit language of the Vedas
- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- An item of food.
- A choice dish.
- An item of food eaten with rice.
- vicious; corrupt
- Beef and mutton hung and dried, but not salted.
- Having leaves like those of the vine; ornamented with vine leaves.
- A virid colour.
- Green, verdant.
- Any of a group of related viruses.
- A felt-tipped permanent marker, genericised from the brand.
- Clear, detailed or powerful.
- Bright, intense or colourful.
- Full of life, strikingly alive.
- An early electronic device for synthesizing speech by imitating the effects of the human vocal tract.
- A clear distilled alcoholic liquor made from grain mash
- A serving of the above beverage
- Neutral spirits distilled (or treated after distillation) so as to have no distinctive character, aroma, taste or color
- Undertaken in accordance with a vow; solemnly promised.
- To move or conduct to or toward.
- To transport something by advection
- To accede or to come to; to be superadded to, to be added to something or become a part of it, though inessential.
- An advertisement, an ad.
- To turn attention.
- To call attention, refer; construed with to.
- An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel.
- Deliberate consideration; knowledge.
- Information or news given; intelligence;
- In commercial language, information communicated by letter; used chiefly in reference to drafts or bills of exchange
- Counseling to perform a specific illegal act.
- In aspect-oriented programming, the code whose execution is triggered when a join point is reached.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- information; advice; intelligence.
- An advice boat, dispatch boat.
- To summon or call (to a higher tribunal).
- A tetrameric protein produced in the oviducts of birds, reptiles and amphibians and deposited in the whites of their eggs.
- In an avid manner; greedily; eagerly.
- openly acknowledged
- positively stated
- asserted under oath, or vow
- Of an object, made by carving.
- Any animal (such as the deer) of the family Cervidae.
- Having a curve or curves.
- name, a feminine form of David.
- A hexagonal-dipyramidal mineral containing aluminum, calcium, chlorine, oxygen, potassium, silicon, sodium, and sulfur.
- A supposed chemical element discovered in 1877, later found to be a mixture of iridium and rhodium.
- One who digs or delves, as with a spade.
- The capital city of the state of Colorado in the United States of America. As it is also a county, its official title is the City and County of Denver.
- The wife of Vasudeva and biological mother of Krishna.
- To remove the vein-like colon from (shrimp).
- To divest; to undress.
- To take away, as an authority, title, etc., to deprive; to alienate, as an estate.
- To be taken away, lost, or alienated, as a title or an estate.
- Any piece of equipment made for a particular purpose, especially a mechanical or electrical one.
- A peripheral device; an item of hardware.
- A project or scheme, often designed to deceive; a stratagem; an artifice.
- An improvised explosive device, home-made bomb
- A technique that an author or speaker uses to evoke an emotional response in the audience; a rhetorical device.
- A motto, emblem, or other mark used to distinguish the bearer from others. A device differs from a badge or cognizance primarily because as it is a personal distinction, and not a badge borne by members of the same house successively.
- Power of devising; invention; contrivance.
- An image used in whole or in part as a trademark or service mark.
- An image or logo denoting official or proprietary authority or provenience.
- A spectacle or show.
- Opinion; decision.
- empty; having none of; completely without
- To empty out; to remove.
- Duty, business; something that one must do.
- To eat quickly, greedily, hungrily, or ravenously.
- To rapidly destroy, engulf, or lay waste.
- To take in avidly with the intellect.
- To absorb or engross the mind fully, especially in a destructive manner.
- Devoted to religion or to religious feelings and duties; absorbed in religious exercises; given to devotion; pious; reverent; religious.
- Expressing devotion or piety.
- Warmly devoted; hearty; sincere; earnest.
- A devotee.
- A devotional composition, or part of a composition; devotion.
- A hard blow.
- To hit (something) hard.
- To stun (someone) by hitting.
- devastated; laid waste
- A proverb or set expression.
- A saying in which two members of the sentence are contrasted.
- To turn aside from a course.
- To distract.
- To entertain or amuse (by diverting the attention)
- To turn aside; to digress.
- To undress, disrobe.
- To strip, deprive, or dispossess (someone) of something (such as a right, passion, privilege, or prejudice).
- To sell off or be rid of through sale, especially of a subsidiary
- To split or separate (something) into two or more parts.
- To share (something) by dividing it.
- To calculate the number (the quotient) by which you must multiply one given number (the divisor) to produce a second given number (the dividend).
- To be a divisor of.
- To separate into two or more parts.
- Of a cell, to reproduce by dividing.
- To disunite in opinion or interest; to make discordant or hostile; to set at variance.
- To break friendship; to fall out.
- To have a share; to partake.
- To vote, as in the British Parliament, by the members separating themselves into two parties (as on opposite sides of the hall or in opposite lobbies), that is, the ayes dividing from the noes.
- To mark divisions on; to graduate.
- To play or sing in a florid style, or with variations.
- A thing that divides.
- An act of dividing.
- A distancing between two people or things.
- A large chasm, gorge, or ravine between two areas of land.
- The action of the verb to dive in any sense.
- The sport of jumping head first into water.
- The practice of swimming underwater, especially using a scuba system, and especially for recreation.
- That or who dives or dive.
- Pertaining to a dove; dove-like.
- Peaceful, conciliatory.
- Disfavoring increasing interest rates; inclined against increasing interest rates.
- senseless talk; nonsense
- saliva, drool
- A fool; an idiot.
- A servant; a drudge.
- To have saliva drip from the mouth; to drool.
- To talk nonsense; to talk senselessly.
- To be weak or foolish; to dote.
- Obsessed; passionately motivated to achieve goals.
- Formed into snowdrifts by wind.
- A person who drives animals, especially cattle or sheep, over long distances.
- A leafy salad vegetable, which is often confused with common chicory (
- Liable to vanish; faint; weak; evanescent.
- Intensely hot, emotional, or zealous.
- fulvous; tawny-coloured
- Pregnant; now used chiefly of egg-laying animals, or metaphorically.
- Covered in groves.
- To move into.
- To enter by force in order to conquer.
- To infest or overrun.
- To attack; to infringe; to encroach on; to violate.
- To make an unwelcome or uninvited visit or appearance, usually with an intent to cause trouble or some other unpleasant situation.
- Video material produced for children.
- Having a leaf, leaves or folds; used mainly in combination with another word to form adjectives describing the number, form, colour, etc, of leaves.
- Referring to the leaves of a plant.
- A form of skin discoloration.
- Any form of aid to navigation, particularly applying to shipping and aviation. Examples: lighthouse, or ILS (instrument landing system)
- Having one or more principal veins, especially of a leaf.
- Decorated or furnished with olive trees.
- To do too much; to exceed what is proper or true in doing; to exaggerate; to carry too far.
- To overtask or overtax; to fatigue; to exhaust.
- To surpass; to excel.
- To cook too much.
- A town in Asturias in northwestern Spain, near the Cantabrian Mountains, founded circa 760.
- A town in Florida, United States.
- Of a rope, passed through a hole, ring or pulley.
- Passed through a sieve.
- Having a solution, having been explained or answered.
- To spring upward; to rise
- A pledge or security; bail.
- Of or pertaining to water beneath the surface of the earth which is located above the level of the permanent groundwater.
- A city in Alaska.
- Having a value, esteemed.
- diverse or miscellaneous
- having been changed or modified
- The form of Hinduism that encompasses the teachings of the Vedas.
- The religious adherence to such teachings.
- Covered by a veil.
- Hidden or concealed.
- Having veins or veinlike markings (of a specified type).
- A kind of deer; the pudu.
- A person or a company that vends or sells.
- A vending machine.
- To bundle third-party dependencies with the source code for a program.
- A nonfinite verb form, such as, in English, an infinitive, participle, or gerund.
- Charged with leaves, fruits, flowers, etc.; said of a border.
- A small city in the Meuse department of France.
- knowledgeable or skilled, either through study or experience; familiar; practiced
- Characteristic of the wasp family Vespidae; wasplike
- Any social insect of the family Vespidae including wasps and hornets
- Having undergone an investigation and been approved.
- One of a class of temporal officers who originally represented the bishops, but later erected their offices into fiefs, and became feudal nobles.
- Relating to the state of a widow; widowed.
- Having been viewed; having been seen, watched or witnessed.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town in Manitoba, Canada.
- A village in New Mexico.
- plant pathogens, of the order Viroidales, that consist of just a short section of RNA but without the protein coat typical of viruses
- human pathogen, most notably hepatitis D.
- Viscous; having a high viscosity.
- Sticky, slimy, or glutinous.
- Covered with a viscid layer.
- A mask (cover for the face, used for disguise, protection, etc.)
- A visor (part of a helmet covering the face).
- Outward appearance; pretense.
- A phonetic vowel, as opposed to a phonological one.
- Sounded with vibration of the vocal cords. For example, the phone [z] is voiced, while [s] is unvoiced.
- With the centre cut out.
- A cup of wine drunk with spices or other small accompaniments, taken before retiring to bed or before the departure of guests; also, a larger snack or small meal taken in similar circumstances.
- One who, or that which, voids, empties, vacates, or annuls.
- A tray or basket formerly used to receive or convey that which is voided or cleared away from a given place; especially, one for carrying off the remains of a meal, as fragments of food; sometimes, a basket for containing household articles, as clothes, etc.
- A servant whose business is to void, or clear away, a table after a meal.
- Wounded and bleeding, especially from the breast.
- An ancient Indian people who believed themselves to be descended from Yadu.
- The denial of the existence of gods, especially the legendary gods of Hinduism.
- To bring forward; to move towards the front; to make to go on.
- To raise; to elevate.
- To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
- To accelerate the growth or progress of; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten.
- To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show.
- To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
- To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand.
- To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate.
- To move forwards, to approach.
- To extol; to laud.
- A forward move; improvement or progression.
- An amount of money or credit, especially given as a loan, or paid before it is due; an advancement.
- An addition to the price; rise in price or value.
- An opening approach or overture, especially of an unwelcome or sexual nature.
- Completed before need or a milestone event.
- Considered or thought out; resulting from deliberation.
- Informed, appraised or made aware.
- someone who receives advice
- One who offers advice.
- One who has an advowson.
- Having (a specified type or number of) alcoves
- A town in Hampshire, southern UK.
- Turned away, especially as an expression of feeling; also, offended; unpropitious.
- Any substance used to kill birds.
- Greediness; strong appetite.
- Eagerness; intenseness of desire.
- The measure of the synergism of the strength individual interactions between proteins.
- One who carries anything away, or the vessel in which things are carried away.
- One who avoids, shuns, or escapes.
- Having been torn off, as in an avulsion.
- Having been caused by a piece of flesh or body part being torn off, as in an avulsion.
- To harass or cause trouble for; to plague.
- To perplex or bewilder.
- Having a bevel, especially at an edge
- A swaggering show of defiance or courage.
- A false show of courage.
- Cleft or cloven.
- To drive (a vehicle, a project, etc.) jointly with somebody else.
- A practice among some peoples, such as the Basques, of the husband of a woman in the last stages of pregnancy taking to bed, avoiding certain foods, or imitating other behaviours of a pregnant woman.
- Sympathetic pregnancy: the involuntary sympathetic experience of the husband of symptoms of his wife's pregnancy, such as weight gain or morning sickness.
- Overlaid with or enclosed within something.
- prepared for, or dealt with some matter
- Highly sought-after.
- A village in Illinois
- A town in Massachusetts
- A city in Minnesota
- A community in Nova Scotia, Canada
- A river in Eastern Europe, flowing through Russia, Belarus and Latvia to the Gulf of Riga.
- Of, or relating to the Biblical King David and his descendants.
- To set free.
- To do with birth.
- To assist in the birth of.
- To assist (a female) in bearing, that is, in bringing forth (a child).
- To give birth.
- To free from or disburden of anything.
- To bring or transport something to its destination.
- To hand over or surrender (someone or something) to another.
- To express in words, declare, or utter.
- To give forth in action or exercise; to discharge.
- To discover; to show.
- To admit; to allow to pass.
- To administer a drug.
- The act of one who delves.
- To speak ill of; to depreciate; to malign; to revile
- To make bad or worse; to vitiate; to corrupt
- Of, or pertaining to, conditions unique to the descendant species of a clade, and not found in earlier ancestral species.
- Possessing features believed to be more advanced or improved than those other organisms.
- product of derivation
- To be entitled to, as a result of past actions; to be worthy to have.
- To earn, win.
- To reward, to give in return for service.
- To serve; to treat; to benefit.
- To change with a specific direction, progress.
- To progress through a sequence of stages.
- To advance; to further; to promote the growth of.
- To create.
- To bring out images latent in photographic film.
- To acquire something usually over a period of time.
- To place one's pieces actively.
- To cause a ball to become more open and available to be played on later. Usually by moving it away from the cushion, or by opening a pack.
- To change the form of (an algebraic expression, etc.) by executing certain indicated operations without changing the value.
- A person with deviant behaviour; a deviant, degenerate or pervert.
- A value equal to the difference between a measured variable factor and a fixed or algorithmic reference value.
- To go off course from; to change course; to change plans.
- To fall outside of, or part from, some norm; to stray.
- Wickedness; cruelty.
- An action performed with the help of a devil; witchcraft.
- An act of such mischief, wickedness, cruelty, or witchcraft.
- Deviating; not straightforward or honest, not frank; not standard.
- A person who devises something; a planner.
- To pronounce a word with little movement of the vocal cords
- To remove the voice flag from a user on IRC, preventing them from sending messages to the channel.
- Vowed; dedicated; consecrated.
- Zealous; characterized by devotion.
- Cursed; doomed.
- An ardent enthusiast or admirer
- A fanatical or zealous believer in a particular religion or god
- Someone with an amputee fetish
- One who devotes; a worshipper.
- To strongly and solemnly refuse to own or acknowledge; to deny responsibility for, approbation of, and the like; to disclaim; to disown.
- To deny; to show the contrary of; to disprove; to deny legitimacy or achievement of any kind.
- To spend more than one earns.
- separated or split into pieces
- having conflicting interests or emotions
- (of a road) separated into lanes, that move in opposite directions, by a median
- An object that separates.
- A piece of card placed in a ring binder to separate groups of documents.
- A device resembling a drawing compass and used to transfer measurements of length.
- The median or central reservation of a highway or other road where traffic in opposite directions are kept separated.
- A person who divides or separates.
- Made divine, made holy.
- One who foretells the future.
- One who searches for underground objects or water using a divining rod.
- Two vinyl functional groups in a molecule
- To make public or known; to communicate to the public; to tell (information, especially a secret) so that it may become generally known; to disclose
- To indicate publicly; to proclaim.
- divinity (as a subject or examination)
- A small vane of bunting, feathers, or other light material, carried at the masthead to indicate the direction of the wind.
- A cockade worn on a hat (worn in the British Navy in the 18th and 19th centuries)
- name, transferred from the surname.
- The Scottish singer-songwriter Donovan
- A small back and white seabird, of the genus Alle, of the north Atlantic; the little auk.
- A baby dove.
- A trigonal-ditrigonal pyramidal mineral containing aluminum, boron, hydrogen, magnesium, oxygen, silicon, and sodium.
- That drives (a mechanism or process).
- That drives forcefully; strong; forceful; violent
- The action of the verb to drive in any sense.
- In particular, the action of operating a motor vehicle.
- One of two persons jointly exercising the same office in Republican Rome.
- A copulative or coordinative type of compound in which members, if not compounded, would be in the same case and connected by the conjunction Common in languages such as Sanskrit, Chinese and Japanese, but less so in English.
- A doorman, porter, janitor, or groundskeeper in a Russian household
- variant of Everett.
- name transferred from the surname, or derived from roots +
- Having arisen through a process of evolution.
- biologically gifted
- Affected by a fever; feverish.
- heated, impassioned
- The exocarp in citruses.
- A cold in the head, or nasal catarrh.
- Any of a number of places named for persons with the surname, including a city in Massachusetts.
- A university in Cambridge, MA named after American clergyman and philanthropist.
- Unmoved; motionless; at rest.
- Unchanged; unaltered; unaffected.
- fearless, undaunted
- One who invades; an assailant; an encroacher; an intruder.
- Not valid; not true, correct, acceptable or appropriate.
- Any person with a disability or illness.
- A person who is confined to home or bed because of illness, disability or injury; one who is too sick or weak to care for themselves.
- A disabled member of the armed forces; one unfit for active duty due to injury.
- Intended for use by an invalid.
- To exempt from duty because of injury or ill health.
- Decorated with ivory.
- definition the hereditary monarch of Egypt from 1805-1914, nominally ruling as a viceroy of the Sultan of Turkey.
- Equipped with a lever or levers.
- Having (or having the characteristics associated with) a specified form of liver
- In a way that is livid.
- An alternative US spelling of louvered; the only spelling of this word in UK English.
- The condition or state of relations in which one person loves another; the emotion or feeling of love; warm affection; goodwill; kindness; friendship; love; goodness.
- Of or relating to Mordovia (Mordvinia) or its people or culture.
- A branch of the Finno-Ugric language group.
- Any of the people who speak this language.
- Resembling a naevus.
- A native or resident of the state of Nevada in the United States of America.
- Of or relating to Nevada.
- Approximately obovate in shape.
- Approximately oval.
- Above a bed (of various kinds).
- To make an excessively high offer to pay or accept a price.
- To announce a goal, before starting play, that exceeds the goal actually achieved.
- An excessively high offer to pay or accept a price.
- The announcement of a goal, before starting play, that exceeds the goal actually achieved.
- To record a part along with an already recorded part or parts.
- An overdubbed part.
- Late; especially, past a deadline or too late to fulfill a need.
- To dye (something already coloured) with another colour.
- Excessively fed; given too much to eat.
- Any substance designed to kill eggs, especially the eggs of insects.
- Of or pertaining to the Latin poet Ovid; resembling the style of Ovid.
- A duct through which an ovum passes from an ovary to the uterus or to the exterior.
- To be in every part of; to spread through.
- a city in southern Bulgaria
- Before the voiding of the bladder.
- A private friend; a confidant.
- To make a living; earn money for necessities.
- To act to prepare for something.
- To establish as a previous condition; to stipulate.
- To give what is needed or desired, especially basic needs.
- To furnish (with), cause to be present.
- To make possible or attainable.
- To foresee.
- To appoint to an ecclesiastical benefice before it is vacant. See provisor.
- Separated in time, space, or degree.
- Of a different generation, older or younger
- respected or given reverence
- Supplied with rivers.
- A member of a Muslim dynasty in Iran and Iraq in the 16th to 18th centuries.
- An Iranian
- separated, cut off or broken apart
- Made into a sheaf
- Of or pertaining to a shelving; having shelves.
- An instance of skydiving.
- To be in freefall after jumping from an aircraft and landing safely by deploying a parachute.
- Slavic people collectively, Slavs as a body
- the area inhabited by Slavs, or with Slavic influence
- Raw; not spun or wrought.
- A substance to be dissolved.
- Approaching starvation, emaciated and malnourished.
- Extremely hungry.
- Any member of the Sylviidae.
- belated (of symptoms etc.)
- To free from possession by a devil or evil spirit; to exorcise.
- Not ivied; without ivy growing on it.
- Not laved; unwashed.
- That has not been lived.
- Bereft or deprived of life.
- Pertaining to someone or something not loved.
- not physically moved
- not affected emotionally, or not showing emotion
- not sympathetic; uncaring
- Not having a hard, impervious surface; not paved
- Not saved; unredeemed.
- Not saved (stored in a file).
- Not valid; invalid.
- (of a ballot paper) not having been used to cast a vote
- Not having been waved.
- Resembling the valgus deformity.
- Of or pertaining to vanadium, especially to vanadium with an oxidation number of 5.
Possible word length