Page 1 from 1
Total results: 702
- In a buzz; buzzing
- Characterized by excessive gossip or activity.
- Dozing, napping, asleep
- Dozing, napping, asleep
- A city in south Iran, capital of the Khuzestan Province.
- To stupefy; to knock unconscious.
- To bewilder; to stupefy; to bring into a maze.
- To terrify, to fill with panic.
- To fill with wonder and surprise; to astonish, astound, surprise or perplex.
- To undergo amazement; to be astounded.
- Amazement, astonishment.
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- A regenerated protein fiber; textile fiber derived from a protein such as casein (milk) or zein (maize).
- A textile made of these fibers.
- Any of a class of five-membered unsaturated heterocycles having three carbon atoms, one nitrogen atom and two double bonds
- The first principle of metals, that is, mercury, which was formerly supposed to exist in all metals, and to be extractable from them.
- The universal remedy of Paracelsus.
- The divalent functional group of general formula R-N=NO-R'; such compounds are considered the oxides of azo compounds
- A Mexica.
- A Nahua.
- The Nahuatl language.
- A city in New Mexico, USA
- Of or pertaining to the Mexica people.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuas.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuatl language.
- Somewhat azure in colour.
- unleavened bread used in Jewish or Christian religious context
- form of (a tanned sheepskin)
- A mouth: the opening through which a person speaks, ingests food, and so on.
- The sloping edge or face on a cutting tool.
- The oblique side or face of a cut gem; especially the upper faceted portion of a brilliant (diamond), which projects from its setting.
- The rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, such as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set; the collet.
- The panel that covers the front of a computer case, or the panel covering each drive bay that can be removed to install a removable drive that requires external access, such as a CD/DVD-ROM drive, which usually has its own preinstalled bezel.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- Intoxicated by alcohol.
- Inclined to consume a significant amount of alcohol.
- Involving a large consumption of alcohol.
- Containing or cooked with alcohol.
- To join two metal pieces, without melting them, using heat and diffusion of a jointing alloy of capillary thickness.
- To burn or temper in fire.
- A strong fiber produced from a small tree of Africa.
- Having a buzzing sound.
- Being the subject of cultural buzz.
- An old Tunisian dry measure, equal to 496 litres.
- A form of written examination in which candidates are required to provide words that have been omitted from sentences, thereby demonstrating their knowledge and comprehension of the text.
- oilseed rape (Brassica napus), cultivated for its seeds, which yield an oil, valued for illuminating and lubricating purposes.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- craziness; insanity.
- A strong habitual desire or fancy.
- A temporary passion or infatuation, as for some new amusement, pursuit, or fashion; a fad
- A crack in the glaze or enamel caused by exposure of the pottery to great or irregular heat.
- To weaken; to impair; to render decrepit.
- To derange the intellect of; to render insane.
- To be crazed, or to act or appear as one that is crazed; to rave; to become insane.
- To break into pieces; to crush; to grind to powder. See crase.
- To crack, as the glazing of porcelain or pottery.
- Insane; lunatic; demented.
- Out of control.
- Overly excited or enthusiastic.
- In love; experiencing romantic feelings.
- Unexpected; surprising.
- Characterized by weakness or feebleness; decrepit; broken; falling to decay; shaky; unsafe.
- Very, extremely.
- An insane or eccentric person; a crackpot.
- Eccentric behaviour; lunacy.
- A groove at the ends of the staves of a barrel into which the edge of the head is fitted
- A cooper's tool for making these grooves.
- A city in Peru, the former capital of the
- Of, from, or pertaining to Czechia or the Czech people, culture, or language.
- A person from the Czech Republic (Czechia) or of Czech descent.
- A Slavic language primarily spoken in the Czech Republic.
- in a state of shock or confusion
- Of an organic compound: containing a pair of double bonded nitrogen atoms directly attached to an aryl group.
- Any compound of this type.
- Silly or scatterbrained, usually of a woman.
- To dress with flax for spinning.
- To dress with clothes; attire; deck; bedizen.
- To dress showily; adorn; dress out.
- Having a sensation of whirling, with a tendency to fall; giddy; feeling unbalanced or lightheaded.
- Producing giddiness.
- Empty-headed, scatterbrained or frivolous.
- To make dizzy, to bewilder.
- something that is extraordinary. Often used in the context of troublesome, difficult or problematic, but can be used positively as well.
- Of high quality; remarkable; excellent.
- Sporty, ostentatious, flashy.
- A set of twelve.
- A large, unspecified number of, comfortably estimated in small multiples of twelve, thus generally implied to be significantly more than ten or twelve, but less than perhaps one or two hundred; many.
- An old English measure of ore containing 12 hundredweight.
- One who dozes.
- A bulldozer.
- A tailor, especially a personal one.
- To beat; to chastise; also, to humble; to harass; to worry.
- To untwist; to unravel, as the end of a rope.
- fretful excitement
- a race; a run; a running start, as for a leap
- vexation; worry; fret
- to drive off; frighten away; put to flight
- to drive; compel; urge
- to beat; whip; chastise
- to vex; worry; harass; plague; tease; disturb
- to do for; settle or finish
- to fret; be in a fume; worry
- to sneeze
- to untwist; ravel out
- to dawdle; loiter
- to screw; twist; tighten by screwing.
- (of a liquid) Containing bubbles.
- Lively, vivacious.
- Makes a hissing sound.
- A non-alcoholic carbonated beverage. Short for fizzy drink.
- Of hair, to form into a mass of tight curls.
- To curl; to make frizzy.
- To form into little burs, knobs, or tufts, as the nap of cloth.
- To make (leather) soft and of even thickness by rubbing, as with pumice stone or a blunt instrument.
- To fry, cook, or sear with a sizzling noise; to sizzle.
- A mass of tightly curled or unruly hair.
- Where furze grows.
- Covered with fuzz or a large number of tiny loose fibres like a carpet or many stuffed animals
- Vague or imprecise.
- Not clear; unfocused.
- A very small piece of plush material; an individual flake of fuzzies.
- Something covered with fuzz or hair, as an animal or plush toy.
- A person, especially a college student, interested in humanities or social sciences, as opposed to one interested in mathematics, science, or engineering.
- A thin fabric with a loose, open weave.
- A similar bleached cotton fabric used as a surgical dressing.
- A thin woven metal or plastic mesh.
- Wire gauze, used as fence.
- Mist or haze
- To apply a dressing of gauze
- To mist
- Having the qualities of gauze; light, thin, transparent, hazy.
- light; giving the effect of haze.
- An old Venetian coin.
- A hero or champion, especially as a Muslim against non-Muslims; often used as a title.
- A nonsensical placeholder name for something, generally a device, that one does not know the proper term for; gadget; whatchamacallit; thingamajig.
- Having the appearance of a glaze; glazed.
- Garish, brilliant showiness.
- A comment in the margin; explanatory note; gloss; commentary.
- (False) appearance.
- A specious show, a deceit.
- To extenuate, explain away, gloss over.
- To use flattering language.
- To smooth over; to palliate.
- To give a shine to (something or someone).
- Using an unconventional, exaggerated and highly subjective style, often when the reporter takes part in the events of the story.
- A wild or crazy person
- The act of grazing; a scratching or injuring lightly on passing.
- A light abrasion; a slight scratch.
- To feed or supply (cattle, sheep, etc.) with grass; to furnish pasture for.
- To feed on; to eat (growing herbage); to eat grass from (a pasture); to browse.
- To tend (cattle, etc.) while grazing.
- To rub or touch lightly the surface of (a thing) in passing.
- To cause a slight wound to; to scratch.
- To yield grass for grazing.
- a Muslim who has memorized the whole Qur'an
- Affected by haze; hazy.
- Clouded, especially due to accidental exposure to light.
- One who administers acts of hazing.
- A five and a seven as starting cards in Texas hold 'em
- The mountainous area of northwest Saudi Arabia which gave rise to early Islam and which contains the sites of many holy places.
- One of the Balearic Islands of Spain.
- A city in Turkey, formerly known as Nicomedia
- Honour, pride; reputation.
- In the style of jazz.
- Flashy or showy.
- A per capita tax levied on a section of an Islamic state's non-Muslim citizens, who meet certain criteria.
- A white or cream-coloured robe worn by men in the African Great Lakes region.
- A qanat, in parts of central southern Asia.
- A simple musical instrument (membranophone) consisting of a pipe with a hole in it, producing a buzzing sound when the player hums into it.
- to play the kazoo.
- An Asian vine (several species in the genus Pueraria, but mostly Pueraria lobata in the US), grown as a root starch, and which is a notorious invasive weed in the United States.
- The capital city of Tuva, Russia
- an administrative region of Italy, situated in the central peninsular section of the country with Rome as its capital; corresponds to ancient Latium
- A diminutive of the female given name Elizabeth.
- Thin, unleavened bread.
- A piece of the above bread.
- Ahura Mazda, the supreme and transcendental god of Zoroastrianism.
- A vehicle, especially a car, manufactured by the Mazda Motor Corporation, the Japanese automotive manufacturer マツダ株式会社 (Matsuda Kabushiki-gaisha) founded in 1920 and based in Hiroshima.
- A heavy, low-quality fuel oil, used in generating plants and similar applications, or broken down to produce diesel.
- A binary star in the constellation Ursa Major; Zeta (ζ) Ursae Majoris.
- One of the hereditary nobility among the Tatars, especially one of the second class.
- Islamic prayer; salat.
- The hereditary sovereign of Hyderabad, a former state of India.
- The Turkish regular army; a soldier in the Turkish army.
- A whiner, a noodge.
- To pester, to noodge.
- To whine.
- A group of western Turkic people, including the Turks and Turkmens
- The Eurasian blackbird, Turdus merula.
- The water ouzel, an aquatic perching bird,
- a small city in Alabama, USA
- a city in Arkansas, USA
- a city in Missouri, USA
- A member of a people of Ozark with a distinct culture, architecture, and dialect.
- The Palatinate region of Germany.
- To flop down wearily.
- To faint.
- To fall down dead.
- Jam (fruit conserve made from fruit boiled with sugar).
- A firing position.
- A position or place, especially one that is advantageous.
- Slashed or striped in patterns.
- An armed ship with its upper deck cut away, and thus reduced to the next inferior rate, such as a seventy-four cut down to a frigate.
- To cut (a ship) down to a smaller number of decks, and thus to an inferior rate or class.
- To trim or abridge by cutting off parts.
- The smallest unit of anything, especially money; a penny; a whit; a jot
- Elegant and luxurious.
- a green vegetable
- the larger leaves and the seed capsules of Indian hemp which are used to make bhang
- To deliberately take hold of; to grab or capture.
- To take advantage of (an opportunity or circumstance).
- To take possession of (by force, law etc.).
- To have a sudden and powerful effect upon.
- To bind, lash or make fast, with several turns of small rope, cord, or small line.
- To fasten, fix.
- To lay hold in seizure, by hands or claws (+ or
- To have a seizure.
- To bind or lock in position immovably; see also seize up.
- To submit for consideration to a deliberative body.
- Having a certain size. Usually used in combination with an adverb.
- smoky haze in the air
- Any of a series of Soviet, later Russian spacecraft.
- A diminutive of Susan and of related female given names.
- A swindle, disappointment.
- To swindle.
- A representation of the tombs of Hasan and Hussain (the grandsons of Muhammad), carried in processions for various Islamic festivities.
- A type of play commemorating the martyrdom of Hasan and Hussain.
- A shallow saucer-like dish, mounted either on a stem and foot or on a foot alone.
- A state of nervous excitement, confusion, or distress; a dither.
- A sixpence; a tester.
- short trousers, trews
- To open something using a zipper.
- To come open by means of a zipper.
- To decompress (a zip file).
- A community of Liechtenstein.
- The capital of Liechtenstein.
- A ballroom dance in 3/4 time.
- A piece of music for this dance (or in triple time).
- A simple task.
- To dance the waltz (with).
- To accomplish a task with little effort.
- To move briskly and unhesitatingly.
- To move with fanfare.
- A river in Europe that flows for around 42 km (26 mi) through Belgium and Luxembourg; it empties into the Sauer near Goebelsmuhle.
- One of the twelve cantons of Luxembourg, located in the north-west of the country.
- A municipality with city status in the canton of Wiltz, that lies on the river Wiltz.
- A steep shaft in a mine which joins two levels.
- A famous type of steel from India, much admired for making sword blades.
- queasy, dizzy, disoriented, or drunk
- A tributary that runs parallel to a river (especially when separated by a natural levee).
- A small sailing vessel used off the coasts of Spain and Portugal.
- A city in Croatia
- A priest, said to be descended from Eleazar the son of Aaron, who aided King David during the revolt of his son Absalom and was subsequently instrumental in bringing King Solomon to the throne.
- An Ubangian language spoken by the Azande.
- A kind of thumb piano from Africa.
- lively or energetic.
- A large city in Nigeria
- A building in Burma used for meetings and religious assemblies and to give shelter to travellers.
- The seventh letter of many Semitic alphabets (Phoenician, Aramaic, Hebrew, Syriac, Arabic and others).
- A form of seated meditation in Zen Buddhism.
- Shortened form of The Legend of Zelda
- An ordinary person who can change his appearance or behaviour to suit his surroundings, especially one who is unexpectedly associated with important people or events.
- An unimportant person who appears at multiple important events.
- name, a variant of Selma.
- Podolsk mole-rat (Spalax zemni)
- A hall at a Zen buddhist monastery where formal seated meditation (zazen) is practiced.
- The fennec (Vulpes zerda).
- Having a piquant or pungent taste; spicy.
- The large Indian civet, Viverra zibetha.
- Curd produced from milk by adding acetic acid, after rennet has ceased to cause coagulation.
- A cowrie shell, once used as a form of currency in parts of Africa.
- Containing zinc.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.
- lively, quick and energetic
- A zinc salt C6H12N2S4Zn used as a fungicide.
- A larval stage of development in crustaceans, especially decapods such as crabs, characterized by spines on the carapace and rudimentary thoracic and abdominal limbs.
- Of or pertaining to zoeae.
- Reverence for animal life or belief in animal powers and influences, as among primitive groups.
- A former doctrine claiming that the phenomena of life are due to a peculiar vital principle; the theory of vital force.
- One who subscribes to the doctrine of zoism.
- Any of several Asiatic burrowing rodents native to Central Asia, in the spalacid subfamily related to the mole rats.
- Divided into zones.
- Related to, associated with, or similar to
- Roughly movement of or (east to west, or west to east).
- A hot, dry wind of the Andes.
- stylish, flashy, snappy.
- A member of a particular indigenous people of Mexico.
- The language of this people.
- shaped like a yoke, or like the letter H
- In the cerebrum, a short crossbar fissure that connects the two pairs of branches of a larger zygal (H-shaped) fissure.
- An affinity or connection in a piece of music between tones, chords, or phrases, such that one part appears to repeat, to imitate, or to derive from the other, especially when perceived as an organising principle in the music; a zygonic relationship.
- Pertaining to, or produced by, fermentation
- An enzyme, especially one used medicinally.