Page 1 from 1
Total results: 204
- Dozing, napping, asleep
- Dozing, napping, asleep
- A regenerated protein fiber; textile fiber derived from a protein such as casein (milk) or zein (maize).
- A textile made of these fibers.
- Any of a class of five-membered unsaturated heterocycles having three carbon atoms, one nitrogen atom and two double bonds
- The first principle of metals, that is, mercury, which was formerly supposed to exist in all metals, and to be extractable from them.
- The universal remedy of Paracelsus.
- The divalent functional group of general formula R-N=NO-R'; such compounds are considered the oxides of azo compounds
- A mouth: the opening through which a person speaks, ingests food, and so on.
- Intoxicated by alcohol.
- Inclined to consume a significant amount of alcohol.
- Involving a large consumption of alcohol.
- Containing or cooked with alcohol.
- A form of written examination in which candidates are required to provide words that have been omitted from sentences, thereby demonstrating their knowledge and comprehension of the text.
- oilseed rape (Brassica napus), cultivated for its seeds, which yield an oil, valued for illuminating and lubricating purposes.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- A groove at the ends of the staves of a barrel into which the edge of the head is fitted
- A cooper's tool for making these grooves.
- A city in Peru, the former capital of the
- Of an organic compound: containing a pair of double bonded nitrogen atoms directly attached to an aryl group.
- Any compound of this type.
- something that is extraordinary. Often used in the context of troublesome, difficult or problematic, but can be used positively as well.
- Of high quality; remarkable; excellent.
- Sporty, ostentatious, flashy.
- A set of twelve.
- A large, unspecified number of, comfortably estimated in small multiples of twelve, thus generally implied to be significantly more than ten or twelve, but less than perhaps one or two hundred; many.
- An old English measure of ore containing 12 hundredweight.
- One who dozes.
- A bulldozer.
- A nonsensical placeholder name for something, generally a device, that one does not know the proper term for; gadget; whatchamacallit; thingamajig.
- A comment in the margin; explanatory note; gloss; commentary.
- (False) appearance.
- A specious show, a deceit.
- To extenuate, explain away, gloss over.
- To use flattering language.
- To smooth over; to palliate.
- To give a shine to (something or someone).
- Using an unconventional, exaggerated and highly subjective style, often when the reporter takes part in the events of the story.
- A wild or crazy person
- A simple musical instrument (membranophone) consisting of a pipe with a hole in it, producing a buzzing sound when the player hums into it.
- to play the kazoo.
- an administrative region of Italy, situated in the central peninsular section of the country with Rome as its capital; corresponds to ancient Latium
- Thin, unleavened bread.
- A piece of the above bread.
- A group of western Turkic people, including the Turks and Turkmens
- The Eurasian blackbird, Turdus merula.
- The water ouzel, an aquatic perching bird,
- a small city in Alabama, USA
- a city in Arkansas, USA
- a city in Missouri, USA
- A member of a people of Ozark with a distinct culture, architecture, and dialect.
- To flop down wearily.
- To faint.
- To fall down dead.
- Jam (fruit conserve made from fruit boiled with sugar).
- A firing position.
- A position or place, especially one that is advantageous.
- The smallest unit of anything, especially money; a penny; a whit; a jot
- Any of a series of Soviet, later Russian spacecraft.
- short trousers, trews
- A famous type of steel from India, much admired for making sword blades.
- queasy, dizzy, disoriented, or drunk
- A tributary that runs parallel to a river (especially when separated by a natural levee).
- A priest, said to be descended from Eleazar the son of Aaron, who aided King David during the revolt of his son Absalom and was subsequently instrumental in bringing King Solomon to the throne.
- A hall at a Zen buddhist monastery where formal seated meditation (zazen) is practiced.
- A larval stage of development in crustaceans, especially decapods such as crabs, characterized by spines on the carapace and rudimentary thoracic and abdominal limbs.
- Of or pertaining to zoeae.
- Reverence for animal life or belief in animal powers and influences, as among primitive groups.
- A former doctrine claiming that the phenomena of life are due to a peculiar vital principle; the theory of vital force.
- One who subscribes to the doctrine of zoism.
- Any of several Asiatic burrowing rodents native to Central Asia, in the spalacid subfamily related to the mole rats.
- Divided into zones.
- Related to, associated with, or similar to
- Roughly movement of or (east to west, or west to east).
- A hot, dry wind of the Andes.
- stylish, flashy, snappy.
- A member of a particular indigenous people of Mexico.
- The language of this people.
- In the cerebrum, a short crossbar fissure that connects the two pairs of branches of a larger zygal (H-shaped) fissure.
- An affinity or connection in a piece of music between tones, chords, or phrases, such that one part appears to repeat, to imitate, or to derive from the other, especially when perceived as an organising principle in the music; a zygonic relationship.