Page 1 from 13
Total results: 12670
- Anything forfeited or confiscated.
- Grass and sprigs beaten or trampled down by a stag passing through them.
- A thief who steels livestock in large quantities.
- Not giving the biuret reaction; showing that it does not contain biuret. 1976
- To confiscate by judicial decision.
- Having been renounced, forsworn or rejected.
- Washing away; carrying off impurities; detergent.
- A detergent.
- A village on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt which contains several ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman structures.
- A bay outside this village, at the mouth of the Nile, where on 1 August 1798 a British fleet led by defeated the French in the
- A former mountainous region of central Italy that borders the Adriatic Sea; properly Abruzzi e Molise; now separated into Abruzzo and Molise.
- In a state of excitement, agitated activity, or motion.
- Bubbling over with excitement.
- Improper or incorrect use of language.
- Misuse, abuse.
- Abuse of the truth; deceit, lying.
- Violation of law or propriety; outrage, improper behaviour.
- Physical, mental, verbal, or sexual abuse.
- Wrongly used; perverted; misapplied; unjust; illegal.
- Full of abuses; practicing abuse; containing abuse, or serving as the instrument of abuse.
- Prone to ill treat by coarse, insulting words or by other ill usage; vituperative; reproachful; scurrilous.
- Tending to deceive; fraudulent.
- Given to misusing; also, full of abuses.
- Given to misusing.
- Being physically injurious; characterized by repeated violence.
- The butting or boundary of land, particularly at the end; buttals.
- An abutment.
- The act of abutting.
- One who, or that which, abuts, specifically, the owner of a contiguous estate.
- A registry of pecuniary transactions; a written or printed statement of business dealings or debts and credits, and also of other things subjected to a reckoning or review
- A sum of money deposited at a bank and subject to withdrawal.
- A statement in general of reasons, causes, grounds, etc., explanatory of some event; a reason of an action to be done.
- A reason, grounds, consideration, motive.
- A business relationship involving the exchange of money and credit.
- A record of events; recital of transactions; a relation or narrative; a report; a description.
- An estimate or estimation; valuation; judgment.
- Importance; worth; value; esteem; judgement.
- An authorization to use a service.
- A reckoning; computation; calculation; enumeration; a record of some reckoning.
- Profit; advantage.
- to provide explanation
- To present an account of; to answer for, to justify.
- To give an account of financial transactions, money received etc.
- To estimate, consider (something to be as described).
- To consider
- To give a satisfactory evaluation financial transactions, money received etc.
- To give a satisfactory evaluation (one's actions, behaviour etc.); to answer
- To give a satisfactory reason to explain.
- To establish the location someone.
- To cause the death, capture, or destruction of someone or something (+
- to count
- To calculate, work out (especially with periods of time).
- To count (up), enumerate.
- To recount, relate (a narrative etc.).
- To treat courteously; to court.
- An increase; something that accumulates, especially an amount of money that periodically accumulates for a specific purpose
- a charge incurred in one accounting period that has not been paid by the end of it.
- Having increased through accrual; having risen over time or due to financial transactions.
- The act of accruing; accretion.
- To devote to destruction; to imprecate misery or evil upon; to curse; to execrate; to anathematize.
- The person charged with an offense; the defendant in a criminal case.
- Having been accused; being the target of accusations.
- One who accuses; one who brings a charge of crime or fault.
- An acequia, an irrigation ditch.
- Destitute of tentacles, as certain mollusks
- Without antennae, as some insects
- Having a sour taste; sour; acid.
- Causing, or connected with, acetification
- The perception of ringing, buzzing or hissing sounds that are not really there
- Any of several rodents of the genus of the family Dasyproctidae, smaller than agoutis, which inhabit Amazonia.
- Auditory hallucination
- Acquisition; the thing gained.
- property acquired by purchase, gift, or otherwise than by inheritance.
- To get.
- To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own
- To contract.
- To sample signals and convert them into digital values.
- Acquisition; gain.
- active; full of activity; full of energy.
- Documented historical results.
- Physical commodities or financial instruments which are traded in futures contracts.
- Things which have happened rather than things which are planned.
- Registrar, clerk.
- A professional who calculates financial values associated with uncertain events subject to risk, such as insurance premiums or pension contributions.
- To activate, or to put into motion; to animate.
- To incite to action; to motivate.
- A prickle growing on the bark, as in some brambles and roses.
- A sting.
- The augmentation by a judge of damages awarded by a jury.
- To sweeten; to soothe.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenose.
- Of or relating to adipose, the fatty tissue.
- To postpone.
- To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- To end or suspend an event.
- To move from one place to another.
- To declare to be.
- To deem or determine to be.
- To award judicially; to assign.
- An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- A person associated with another, usually in a subordinate position; a colleague.
- A quality or property of the body or mind, whether natural or acquired, such as colour in the body or judgement in the mind.
- A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key.
- A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- A constituent which is both the daughter and the sister of an X-bar.
- One of a pair of morphisms which relate to each other through a pair of adjoint functors.
- Connected in a subordinate function.
- Added to a faculty or staff in a secondary position.
- A male adjutant; a helper or assistant; The Oxford English Dictionary (2007)
- To flatter effusively
- To commit adultery.
- To pollute something; to adulterate.
- In an adult manner, not childishly.
- An antiaircraft cannon.
- A group of particularly brutal mercenaries who were active in Africa and Asia during the 1960s.
- Dreadful; disturbing or frightening.
- In a flaunting state or position.
- Having no visible sex organs; asexual or cryptogamous.
- A task which ought to be done.
- Absence of the sense of taste.
- Partial or complete loss of the sense of taste.
- Lacking a sense of taste.
- To bring together in a group; to group.
- Procyon cancrivorus, the crab-eating raccoon
- Resting on the bottom.
- at a loss, ruined, with no way out
- Resting on the bottom.
- Without female organs; male.
- a city in Florida, USA.
- An Ancient Greek name, particularly borne by an Ancient Greek lyric poet of Mytilene (c. 620–6th century
- An Islamic cleric, an expert in Islamic law and jurisprudence, especially in medieval and early modern Spain.
- Contained in the whole an integral number of times, a factor or divisor.
- A portion of a total amount of a solution or suspension.
- To separate a volume of solution or suspension into aliquots.
- From another source; from elsewhere.
- Act of speaking to another; an address.
- A river in Hades.
- The god/personification of the river Alpheus.
- name, of mostly historical usage.
- Somewhat like alum.
- Alternative name for aluminium / aluminum (the chemical element, symbol Al, with an atomic number of 13).
- A male pupil or student.
- A male graduate.
- A student of either gender.
- A graduate of either gender.
- alumina, especially a product made from fused alumina
- A gray, water-soluble mineral, potassium aluminium sulphate; the natural source of alum, KAl3(SO4)2(OH)6.
- Lacking hands or manus.
- the range of a melody, especially those of ecclesiastical chants
- The exterior edge or border of a thing, such as a leaf or shell.
- A canvassing for votes.
- Inclined or having a propensity to love, or to sexual enjoyment.
- Indicating love or sexual desire.
- Of or relating to, or produced by, love.
- Affected with love; in love; enamored.
- A Roman two-handled vessel.
- A vessel for containing consecrated wine or oil.
- The dilated end of a duct.
- Funny, hilarious.
- Giving entertainment or amusement; recreative
- illusive, deceitful
- a city in Texas, USA
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- annual; yearly
- A yearbook.
- nodding; used in nodding
- A right to receive amounts of money regularly over a certain fixed period, in perpetuity, or, especially, over the remaining life or lives of one or more beneficiaries.
- Pertaining to, or having the form of, a ring; ring-shaped; in the shape of an annulus.
- Banded or marked with circles.
- The person or authority that annuls.
- A small ring.
- A ring-shaped molding at the top of a column
- A small circle borne as a charge in coats of arms.
- A ring- or donut-shaped area or structure.
- The region in a plane between two concentric circles of different radius.
- Any topological space homeomorphic to the region in a plane between two concentric circles of different radius.
- The ring of the sun not covered by the moon in an annular solar eclipse.
- Structure in a fern that consists of differentially thick-walled cells on a sporangium that bend and distort as a result of drying.
- The membranous remnants of a partial veil which leaves a ring on the stem of a mushroom.
- The space contained between the centre well bore and any external tubing. Sometimes used for separated gas flow.
- Serving to kill or repel bugs (insects).
- Serving to counteract bugs (surveillance devices).
- Opposed to the use or ownership of guns
- Old, used especially of furniture and household items; out of date.
- An old piece of furniture, household item, or other similar item.
- An old person.
- To shop for antiques; to search for antiques.
- To make an object appear to be an antique in some way.
- A hypothetical sun composed of antimatter.
- sunblock, sunscreen
- Nervous and worried.
- Full of anxiety or disquietude; greatly concerned or solicitous, especially respecting something future or unknown;
- Accompanied with, or causing, anxiety; worrying
- Earnestly desirous
- The point of an elliptical lunar orbit where the distance between the satellite and the Moon is at its maximum.
- Applause; applauding.
- To express approval (of something) by clapping the hands.
- To praise, or express approval for something or someone.
- An energetic movement towards or against something
- conjunction or occultation
- a close approach of two heavenly bodies
- Of or pertaining to Apulia.
- An inhabitant or a resident of Apulia.
- Not combustible; capable of tolerating great heat without alteration of form or properties.
- A teetotaler; one who does not consume alcohol.
- A Scandinavian liquor that is 40% alcohol and distilled from potato or grain mash. Also called akvavit.
- A Polish, Ukrainian, or Russian drink that is a precursor or variant of vodka. Also called okovita.
- The quality of being watery.
- Consisting mostly of water.
- A village in Ohio.
- A city in Texas.
- In a state of excitement, trepidation or agitation; quivering.
- capital of Brazil
- A glycoside of hydroquinone, found in bearberry, that is used to treat some diseases of the urinary tract
- A mystery or deep secret.
- An elixir or secret remedy.
- The vital principle or force believed by the Paracelsians to be responsible for alchemical reactions within living bodies, and hence for the growth and continuation of life.
- curved into the shape of a bow
- Needing or using up much energy; testing powers of endurance.
- burning; ardent
- Difficult or exhausting to traverse.
- A place where arms are kept, an arsenal.
- A collection of weapons and materiel.
- A place where arms are made.
- A median lobe into which the pretarsus expands, in an insect's leg.
- The act of arousing or the state of being aroused.
- Sexual arousal.
- A physiological and psychological state of being awake or reactive to stimuli, including elevated heart rate and blood pressure and a condition of sensory alertness, mobility and readiness to respond.
- Arousal from sleep or hibernation.
- Someone or something that arouses.
- One of three yellowish-flowered Mediterranean herbs of the mustard family with flavoured leaves, often eaten in salads. Has a distinct, peppery flavor:
- Eruca sativa, sometimes
- Eruca vesicaria
- A market town in West Sussex, England
- Not sexual in nature, not marked by sexual activity. (Compare Platonic.)
- Not experiencing sexual attraction; lacking interest in or desire for sex.
- Having no distinct sex, having no sexual organs.
- Without sexual action; reproducing by some other method than sex.
- A species which reproduces by asexual rather than sexual reproduction, or a member of such a species.
- A person who does not experience sexual attraction; a person who lacks interest in or desire for sex.
- a city in Georgia, USA
- Looking sideways, as though warily.
- With narrowed eyes.
- A violent onset or attack with physical means, for example blows, weapons, etc.
- A violent onset or attack with moral weapons, for example words, arguments, appeals, and the like
- An attempt to commit battery: a violent attempt, or willful effort with force or violence, to do hurt to another, but without necessarily touching his person, as by lifting a fist in a threatening manner, or by striking at him and missing him.
- The crime whose action is such an attempt.
- An act that causes someone to apprehend imminent bodily harm.
- The tort whose action is such an act.
- A non-competitive combat between two fencers.
- To attack, threaten or harass.
- To lessen the intensity of, to mitigate or relieve (hunger, emotion, pain etc.).
- To pacify or soothe (someone).
- To calm down, become less violent (of passion, hunger etc.); to subside, to abate.
- Used in a manner intended to deceive; pretended; simulated.
- Supposed or presumed.
- That which is assumed; an assumption.
- To take up; to elevate; to assume.
- An insurer; an underwriter.
- A person who or thing which assures.
- An assurer; an underwriter; an insurer.
- To astonish, bewilder or dazzle.
- Stunned; astounded; astonished.
- of a sudden; suddenly
- Into separate parts or pieces; apart.
- Without God, neither accepting nor denying him.
- Producing only asexual individuals.
- Tuned to the correct pitch.
- Brought into harmony; harmonized.
- Having been changed to fit in with a particular context or to be in sync with a phenomenon.
- Set in a tumbling motion.
- succession to the goods of a stranger not naturalized
- An achondrite composed mostly of enstatite
- A public event where goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.
- To sell at an auction.
- Able to be heard.
- To change the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- The act of or an instance of changing the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- In context of possibility of being heard; in an audible manner.
- Listening, paying attention.
- A hearer; especially, a catechumen in the early Church.
- One who audits bookkeeping accounts.
- In many jurisdictions, an elected or appointed public official in charge of the public accounts; a comptroller.
- One who audits an academic course; who attends the lectures but does not earn academic credit.
- One who listens, typically as a member of an audience.
- One trained to perform spiritual guidance procedures.
- Containing augite.
- To increase; to make larger or supplement.
- To grow; to increase; to become greater.
- To slow the tempo or meter, e.g. for a dramatic or stately passage.
- To increase an interval, especially the largest interval in a triad, by a half step (chromatic semitone).
- To add an augment to.
- In some Indo-European languages, a prefix e- (a- in Sanskrit) indicating a past tense of a verb.
- In some Bantu languages, an additional vowel prepended to the noun prefix.
- Of or relating to a musical pipe or piper.
- Pertaining to sound or the ear.
- Having or resembling ears.
- Resembling or containing gold; gold-coloured; gilded.
- Combined with auric acid or some other compound of gold
- Golden in color or shine.
- Of language: characterized by the use of (excessively) ornamental or grandiose terms, often of Latin or French origin.
- The particular property peculiar to gold; goldenness.
- The outer ear or pinna.
- An ear-shaped appendage of the left or right atrium of the heart.
- An atrium, the smaller of the two types of chamber in the heart.
- Any appendage in the shape of an earlobe.
- Of or pertaining to a chariot.
- Having lobes like the ear; auriculate.
- An extinct European mammal, Bos primigenius, the ancestor of domestic cattle.
- The European bison (Bison bonasus, or Europæus).
- Pertaining to the dawn; dawning, eastern, like a new beginning.
- Rosy in colour, blushing, roseate.
- Pertaining to the aurora borealis.
- The last sound of a word (word-final position) or syllable (syllable-final position).
- Patronage or protection.
- An omen or a sign.
- Divination from the actions of birds.
- National economic self-sufficiency.
- The state of personal self-sufficiency.
- An enclosed ecosystem.
- A motor vehicle operating as a cab, as opposed to earlier horse-drawn cabs.
- Any of several devices that display words for a person to read aloud
- one who drives an automobile
- A man involved in automobile manufacture.
- One of the moons of Jupiter.
- An infraspecific name in which the species epithet is repeated.
- A name used by a group or category of people to refer to themselves or their language, as opposed to a name given to them by other groups.
- The true name of a person or other entity, especially an author.
- A work published under the author's true name."Autonym", OED 2nd ed.
- A dissection performed on a cadaver to find possible cause(s) of death.
- An after-the-fact examination, especially of the causes of a failure.
- An eyewitness observation, the presentation of an event as witnessed.
- To perform an autopsy on.
- To perform an after-the-fact analysis of, especially of a failure.
- of: a worldwide US military telephone system from the 1960s to the 1990s.
- A rhetorical device whereby the subject matter is made greater, particularly
- Overstatement, hyperbole.
- Arrangement of a series in ascending order.
- Biological growth, expansion or growth of an organism apart from that due to cellular division.
- Containing the property of counter-intuitively expanding when being stretched.
- An material.
- The entrance to Hell or the underworld, or the underworld itself.
- A lake in Southern Italy.
- Having been torn off, as in an avulsion.
- Having been caused by a piece of flesh or body part being torn off, as in an avulsion.
- Badly, terribly.
- Very; exceedingly; extremely; excessively.
- In a manner inspiring awe.
- An arc of the horizon intercepted between the meridian of the place and a vertical circle passing through the center of any object
- The quadrant of an azimuth circle.
- A painted tin-glazed ceramic tile of a kind found in Spain and Portugal, often arranged to form geometric patterns.
- A striking blue dye derived from carbolic acid or rosolic acid.
- Sky-blue; azure.
- The blue roach of Europe ( so called from its color.
- odd; having no fellow; not one of a pair; single
- unleavened, unfermented.
- Administrative bureaucracy, or red tape, in India.
- A malapropism produced by an Indian speaking English.
- Dionysus, the Greek god of wine and vivid social gatherings.
- A bone found in the penis of some mammals.
- A small rod-like structure found in spores and pollen.
- A warrior, especially a Mongol.
- To heat a material in a vacuum in order to drive off volatile components
- The act of undertaking this process
- Portending evil; ominous.
- Miserable, wretched, distressed, suffering.
- A town/village in New Zealand.
- A in North Carolina.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- One of two villages in Scotland.
- One of two towns in South Africa.
- bailey (fortification)
- A parachute that incorporates a toroidal balloon
- A market town and civil parish on the River Cherwell in Oxfordshire.
- A band for the hair.
- A band.
- A narrow, tight bra, especially when strapless; hence, ant women's top made from a similar band of fabric.
- A capital city of the West Java Province, Indonesia.
- A Ukrainian plucked stringed instrument with a tear-shaped body, like an asymmetrical lute or a vertical zither, played with both hands while held upright on the lap.
- Exceedingly harmful; causing harm, death, ruin.
- Deadly or sinister.
- Portending disaster.
- A large celebratory meal; a feast.
- A dessert; a course of sweetmeats.
- To participate in a banquet; to feast.
- To have dessert after a feast.
- To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
- Any of the secondary barbs that form a fringe of small projections on a feather
- The amount that can fit in a barn
- Traversed by barrulets or small bars.
- Shy; not liking to be noticed; socially timid.
- Indicating bashfulness.
- Having a basque.
- Exciting contention; contentious.
- A sea bed or a river bed that has been raised or elevated.
- To misuse, to bungle.
- To insult, to upbraid, to make a fool of someone.
- An old shoe.
- A fool.
- a style in modernist architecture and modern design, from "Staatliches Bauhaus" in Weimar, Germany
- A city in Germany.
- Having white streaks or spots on a black or bay background (esp., of an animal's or a mountain's face).
- As much (food) as a bird's beak will hold or carry
- Beamy; radiant; luminous.
- A niche, cupboard, or sideboard for plate, china, glass, etc.; a buffet.
- Like a beau; characteristic of a beau; foppish; fine.
- For the reason
- On account for sake
- By or for the cause that; on this account that; for the reason that.
- As is known, inferred, or determined from the fact that.
- So that, in order that.
- On account of, because of.
- To cause to become obscure or muddled.
- To cover or surround with clouds.
- To cover with a clout or cloth.
- To dress up.
- To cover with curses; curse all over.
- To guess about; speculate; conjecture.
- To deceive or delude (using guile).
- To charm, delight or captivate.
- country in Western Europe that has borders with the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and France.
- To weep or mourn over.
- To mouth the praises of (a person); talk grandiloquently; declaim.
- deeply thoughtful; preoccupied
- perplexed and bewildered
- An economic and customs union made up of Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg; one of the precursors of the European Union; the countries which constitute(d) this union.
- A member of one of the historical aboriginal peoples of Canada.
- The extinct language of these people.
- An Anglo-Saxon personal name, usually with reference to the hero of an Old English epic poem, or to the poem itself.
- The act of bequeathing or leaving by will.
- The transfer of property upon the owner's death according to the will of the deceased.
- That which is left by will; a legacy.
- That which has been handed down or transmitted.
- A person's inheritance; an amount of property given by will.
- To give as a bequest; bequeath.
- To quote frequently or much.
- To befoul with snuff.
- To spout about; recite in a pompous or affected manner.
- To pester with excessive oratory or spouting.
- To spurt on or over; to asperse.
- To take hold of or mark with the thumbs; soil or mark with frequent thumbing.
- To deprive (a river) of its lower course or trunk by submergence or erosion of the land by the sea.
- To trust; place confidence in (a person).
- To entrust.
- A naturally abundant triterpene, commonly isolated from the bark of birch trees, that can be converted to betulinic acid.
- A trick-taking card game for two players.
- The act of taking certain cards in this game: the queen of spades and jack of diamonds, or (if either of those suits is trumps) the queen of clubs and jack of hearts.
- A Baloch tribe residing in Balochistan, Pakistan.
- The language of the aforementioned people.
- Suffering from real or supposed liver disorder, thus making one ill-natured.
- Of or pertaining to something containing or consisting of bile.
- Irritable or bad tempered; irascible.
- A small, flat, baked good which is either hard and crisp or else soft but firm: a cookie.
- A small, usually soft and flaky bread, generally made with baking soda, which is similar in texture to a scone but which is usually not sweet.
- A cracker.
- The "bread" formerly supplied to naval ships, which was made with very little water, kneaded into flat cakes and slowly baked, and which often became infested with weevils.
- A form of unglazed earthenware.
- A light brown colour.
- A thin oval wafer of wood or other material inserted into mating slots on pieces of material to be joined to provide gluing surface and strength in shear.
- A plastic card bearing the codes for authorizing a nuclear attack.
- A chemical element (symbol Bi) with an atomic number of 83.
- A single atom of this element.
- Smeared with bitumen.
- A urate containing twice as much of the uric acid constituent as an ordinary urate.
- Having, or leading, two ways.
- An encampment for the night, usually without tents or covering.
- Any temporary encampment.
- A temporary shelter constructed generally for a few nights.
- The watch of a whole army by night, when in danger of surprise or attack.
- To set up camp.
- To watch at night or be on guard, as a whole army.
- To encamp for the night without tents or covering.
- A garment drawn tight at the waist with blousing hanging over the waistband
- A hollow tube through which a dart or similar missile may be blown.
- A fatty layer of adipose tissue found immediately beneath the epidermis.
- Fatty tissue.
- The thick coat of fat worn by many arctic animals, such as sea lions, and antarctic animals, such as penguins; used to insulate warmth in the animal's body.
- A bubble.
- To make noises or broken words while crying.
- To swell or disfigure (the face) with weeping; to wet with tears.
- A bird, the blue titmouse.
- bluefin tuna, any of a number of types of tuna characterised by their blue fins.
- An indigo material used as a laundry aid to counteract yellowing
- A clumsy or embarrassing mistake.
- To make a clumsy or stupid mistake.
- To move blindly or clumsily.
- To cause to make a mistake.
- To do or treat in a blundering manner; to confuse.
- the apparatus used for blunging (mixing clay with water to make pottery)
- In a blunt manner; without delicacy, or the usual forms of civility.
- Out of focus; partially obscured; smudged.
- Agent noun of blush; one who blushes.
- Face makeup that makes the cheeks rosier.
- Any of several closely related, edible species of the genus Amanita, including and
- Pompous, officious talk.
- A gust of wind.
- Fitful noise and violence.
- To speak or protest loudly.
- To act or speak in an unduly threatening manner.
- To blow in strong or sudden gusts.
- Enough of something to fill a boat, or a boat filled with the thing in question
- Portentous; ominous.
- To greet in French with "bonjour".
- Full of book-knowledge; stuffed with ideas gleaned from books.
- As much as a book holds.
- As much as a boot will hold.
- A contrasting border around a shield.
- An extremely potent nerve toxin produced by the anaerobic bacteria Clostridium botulinum. Ingesting botulin results in the serious medical condition of botulism.
- A woman's private sitting room, dressing room, or bedroom.
- Having (a specified kind of) boughs.
- meat stewed with juice
- A moulding with quarter-circle convexity, found just below the abacus in the Tuscan and Roman Doric capital; a torus; an ovolo.
- One of the shafts of a clustered column.
- A member of security personnel employed by bars, nightclubs, etc to maintain order and deal with patrons who cause trouble.
- A short-pitched ball that bounces up towards, or above the height of the batsman’s head.
- An account or server (as with IRC and FTP) that invisibly redirects requests to another, used for anonymity or vanity.
- One who bounces; a large, heavy person who makes much noise in moving.
- A boaster; a bully.
- A bold lie.
- A liar.
- Something big; a good stout example of the kind.
- A bouncy castle.
- A kind of seat mounted in a framework in which a baby can bounce up and down.
- Of a set, that it is capable of being included within a ball of finite radius.
- Under an obligation; obliged (to do something)
- Something that bounds or jumps.
- A dishonourable man; a cad.
- A social climber.
- That which limits; a boundary.
- A four-wheeled type of dogcart or cabriolet