Page 1 from 5
Total results: 4187
- A town in Northern Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton, and capital of the Helvetic Republic between 1798 and 1803.
- name used by Muslims.
- A medium-sized tropical African tree, from the family Loganiaceae. 1976
- The soft pale wood from the abura tree.
- In a buzz; buzzing
- Characterized by excessive gossip or activity.
- Any of several tropical New World trees in:
- The dark wood of these trees.
- of A star in the constellation Crux the Southern Cross
- A former Roman unit of length, equal to 120 Roman feet (about 35½
- A former Roman unit of area, equivalent to a square with sides of 1 actus (about ⅛ ha)
- A farewell, a goodbye; especially a fond farewell, or a lasting or permanent farewell.
- A fully grown human or animal.
- A person who has reached the legal age of majority, generally 18 years of age.
- Fully grown.
- Intended for or restricted to adults rather than children.
- Containing material of an explicit sexual nature; of, or pertaining to, pornography.
- Vulgar or profane.
- To (cause to) be or become an adult.
- Curved inward, hooked.
- Abnormally dark or over-concentrated; associated with various states of discomfort or illness (specifically being too hot or dry).
- Burnt or having a scorched color.
- In a state of collision or entanglement.
- In a state of entanglement or conflict (with).
- In a gushing state.
- at the hull of a ship
- Having the sails furled and the helm lashed alee, as during a storm.
- Of the Aleutian Islands, their inhabitants or their language.
- A member of the indigenous people of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska in the United States and of Kamchatka Krai in the Russia.
- A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands.
- The language of the Aleutian Islands, related to Eskimo (Inupiaq and Yupik).
- A tree or wood mentioned in the Bible (2 Chron. ii. 8; 1 K. x. 11), possibly juniper or red sandalwood.
- With a loud voice, or great noise; loudly; audibly.
- Audibly, as opposed to silent.
- Spoken out loud.
- In a frantic or frenzied and violent manner; in a confused, jumbled or uncontrolled state.
- name of mostly Scottish usage.
- A former county in Scotland, which became a local government district in 1975 in Region (abolished 1996), and is now one of Scotland's 32 council areas.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- The hooked goad that is used in India to control elephants.
- To formally revoke the validity of.
- To dissolve (a marital union) on the grounds that it is not valid.
- A support or supporter; a stay; a prop.
- The mutual bearing or support of the hand of the rider and the mouth of the horse through the bit and bridle.
- A white band of cholesterol that forms at the edge of the cornea
- A low, horizontal cloud typically forming at the leading edge of thunderstorm outflow
- An elastic band around the base of the arolium, a pad at the end of the leg of certain insects
- An arc-shaped band of thickened sexine extending between two apertures on a pollen grain or spore
- An autonomous territory in the Caribbean, a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- the head of the Assyrian pantheon, later identified with Anshar
- the city of Assur
- a common given name among Assyrian people
- grandson of Noah in Genesis
- An audience; a hearing.
- An examination in general.
- A judicial examination.
- An independent review and examination of records and activities to assess the adequacy of system controls, to ensure compliance with established policies and operational procedures, and to recommend necessary changes in controls, policies, or procedures
- The result of such an examination, or an account as adjusted by auditors; final account.
- Spiritual counseling, which forms the core of Dianetics.
- A general receptacle or receiver.
- To examine and adjust (e.g. an account).
- To conduct an independent review and examination of system records and activities in order to test the adequacy and effectiveness of data security and data integrity procedures, to ensure compliance with established policy and operational procedures, and to recommend any necessary changes
- To counsel spiritually.
- To attend an academic class on a not-for-academic-credit basis.
- A priming tube connecting the charge chamber with the gallery, or place where the slow match is applied.
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- Of or pertaining to a royal court; courtly.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a palace.
- A ceremony at some European universities to confer a Doctor of Divinity degree.
- Pertaining to the reproductive ducts of certain organisms.
- Any of a class of ancient Greek musical instruments resembling pipes or flutes.
- Of or pertaining to the ear.
- Of or pertaining to sound.
- Of or pertaining to an aura.
- Of or pertaining to trivalent gold.
- Of, or pertaining to the ear; aural
- Pertaining to an aura.
- A red colouring matter derived from phenol. Used as an indicator.
- A church.
- A class of plant growth substance (often called phytohormones or plant hormones) which play an essential role in coordination of many growth and behavioral processes in the plant life cycle.
- Oppressing with fear or horror; appalling, terrible.
- Inspiring awe; filling with profound reverence or respect; profoundly impressive.
- Struck or filled with awe.
- Worshipful; reverential; law-abiding.
- Exceedingly great; usually applied intensively.
- Very bad.
- Very, extremely.
- A traditional family-based community in the Andes, especially among Quechua and Aymara peoples.
- Somewhat azure in colour.
- A tree native to South Asia, formerly
- A portable coffer or chest with a rounded lid covered in leather, garnished with nails, once used for the transport of clothes or other personal luggage. It was the original portmanteau.
- A dwarf-wall of plain masonry, carrying the roof of a cathedral or church and masked or hidden behind the balustrade.
- Asian street food consisting of a developing duck embryo boiled alive and eaten in the shell
- Performed with a striking together of the legs.
- In billiards, the area of the table lying behind the line from which the cue ball is initially shot, and from which a ball in hand must be played.
- A slow-moving, often stagnant creek or river.
- A swamp, a marshy (stagnant) body of water.
- Something or someone that is physically attractive.
- Something that is a remarkable example of its type.
- To cut about; cut around; cut up; cut off; sever.
- To cover or clothe with fur.
- To cover, bespatter, or befoul with mud.
- To confuse; muddle.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- A blue blazer, part of the school uniform at Harrow School.
- Any of several different species of plants having blue flowers.
- A short description of a book, film, or other work, written and used for promotional purposes.
- To write or quote something in a blurb
- To utter suddenly and unadvisedly; to speak quickly or without thought; to divulge inconsiderately — commonly with out.
- An act of blushing.
- A glow; a flush of colour.
- Feeling or appearance of optimism.
- A sort of makeup, frequently a powder, used to redden the cheeks.
- A color between pink and cream.
- A pale pink wine made by removing the dark grape skins at the required point during fermentation.
- To become red in the face due to shyness, shame, excitement, or embarrassment.
- To become red.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
- To change skin color in the face (to a particular shade).
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To have a warm and delicate colour, like some roses and other flowers.
- The collective noun for a group of boys.
- Counterfeit or fake; not genuine.
- Undesirable or harmful.
- Incorrect, useless, or broken.
- Of a totally fictitious issue printed for collectors, often issued on behalf of a non-existent territory or country (not to be confused with forgery, which is an illegitimate copy of a genuine stamp).
- Based on false or misleading information or unjustified assumptions.
- A liquor made of rum and molasses.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- A joke; jesting, banter.
- To jest.
- A small trench or ditch, typically built in a zigzag pattern, serving to connect or provide communication between two trenches, particularly the rear and front lines.
- A line, drawn winding about, in order to enclose several tracts of land, or to attack some works.
- An implement consisting of multiple more or less flexible bristles or other filaments attached to a handle, used for any of various purposes including cleaning, painting, and arranging hair.
- A piece of conductive material, usually carbon, serving to maintain electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine.
- The act of brushing something.
- Wild vegetation, generally larger than grass but smaller than trees (Wikipedia).
- A short and sometimes occasional encounter or experience.
- The furry tail of an animal, especially of a fox.
- A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- An instrument, resembling a brush, used to produce a soft sound from drums or cymbals.
- An on-screen tool for "painting" a particular colour or texture.
- In 3D video games, a convex polyhedron, especially one that defines structure of the play area.
- The floorperson of a poker room, usually in a casino.
- (North Wisconsin, uncountable) Evergreen boughs, especially balsam, locally cut and baled for export, usually for use in wreathmaking.
- To clean with a brush.
- To untangle or arrange with a brush.
- To apply with a brush.
- To remove with a sweeping motion.
- To touch with a sweeping motion, or lightly in passing.
- To clean one's teeth by brushing them.
- A strong fiber produced from a small tree of Africa.
- An extinct subspecies of the hartebeest, which was formerly native to northern Africa
- A woman's breast.
- definition bub; bubba.
- A storm spirit in Cornish folklore, formerly believed to inhabit mines and coastal communities.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- To form (something) by combining materials or parts.
- To develop or give form to (something) according to a plan or process.
- To increase or strengthen (something) by adding gradually to.
- To establish a basis for (something).
- To form by combining materials or parts.
- To develop in magnitude or extent.
- To construct (software) by compiling its source code.
- To be constructed by compilation of source code, usually with minimal human intervention.
- The physique of a human body; constitution or structure of a human body.
- Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- Any structure, such as a building, statue, pool or forest, created by the player.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- Having one or more bulges; bulging
- Being large in size, mass, or volume.
- Having excess body mass, especially muscle.
- A person who is cruel to others, especially those who are weaker or have less power.
- A noisy, blustering fellow, more insolent than courageous; one who is threatening and quarrelsome; an insolent, tyrannical fellow.
- A hired thug.
- A prostitute’s minder; a pimp.
- Bully beef.
- A brisk, dashing fellow.
- The small scrum in the Eton College field game.
- A small freshwater fish.
- An (eldest) brother; a fellow workman; comrade
- A companion; mate.
- darling, sweetheart.
- To intimidate (someone) as a bully.
- To act aggressively towards.
- Very good; excellent.
- Jovial and blustering; dashing.
- A purse or bag in which to carry or measure diamonds, etc.
- A drink made from rum, water, sugar, and nutmeg.
- The ritual tossing of someone into the air to celebrate their birthday.
- rough; jumpy; causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements
- covered with or full of bumps
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- A swindle or confidence trick.
- A parlour game played in teams with three dice, originating in England but popular among suburban women in the United States at the beginning of the 21st century.
- To swindle (someone).
- A baking pan with a hollow, circular, raised area in the middle.
- A wilderness region, away from cities.
- Diminutive of Bundaberg, a coastal city of Queensland.
- Abbreviation of Bundaberg rum.
- A culvert or short covered drain connecting two ditches.
- A chine or gully formed by water running over the edge of a cliff; a wooded glen or small ravine opening through the cliff line to the sea.
- Any small drain or culvert.
- A brick arch or wooden bridge, covered with earth across a drawn or carriage in a water-meadow, just wide enough to allow a hay-wagon to pass over.
- A small pool of water.
- A swelling from a blow; a bump.
- A sudden enlargement or mass of ore, as opposed to a vein or lode.
- A rabbit, especially a juvenile.
- A bunny girl: a nightclub waitress who wears a costume having rabbit ears and tail.
- In basketball, an easy shot (i.e., one right next to the bucket) that is missed.
- Bunny chow; a snack of bread filled with curry.
- Easy or unchallenging.
- Resembling a bun
- a female pet name
- A bunya pine,
- A banyan, a member of a specific Hindu caste.
- A tropical flowering tree, found in the South Pacific.
- A coarse woolen cloth.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- Big or important — used as a title of respect
- An of, or the act of .
- A often or
- A series of fired from an
- To break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break by any means.
- To separate formfeed at perforation lines.
- To enter or exit hurriedly and unexpectedly.
- To produce as an effect of bursting.
- Like a bush in having many widely spread branches.
- Growing thickly.
- (Racial slur) Derogatory word used to refer to Afro-textured Hair.
- Having large breasts.
- A sandwich, usually with a hot savoury filling in a breadcake. The most common are chips, bacon, sausage and egg.
- A miner who works under contract, receiving a fixed amount per ton of coal or ore.
- A workmate.
- A drudge; a cat's paw; someone who does the hard work; someone who is being taken advantage of by someone else.
- One of a pair of shoes or gloves.
- To work together; to keep company with.
- To cohabit; to reside with another as a couple.
- To act in concert with intent to defraud; to play unfairly.
- Resembling a heavy cart.
- A unit of currency, worth one hundredth of a Gambian dalasi
- Any of four isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C4H9, formally derived from butane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.
- A synthetic rubber made by the polymerization of isobutylene.
- Having a full, voluptuous figure, especially possessing large breasts.
- Healthy, lively.
- Cheerful, lively, happy.
- Flexible, pliant.
- Having a buzzing sound.
- Being the subject of cultural buzz.
- The head.
- A knob-like protuberance or capitulum.
- The top or superior part of a thing.
- The council or ruling body of the University of Cambridge prior to the constitution of 1856.
- coma with complete insensibility; deep lethargy
- Great heat, as of the body in fever.
- A Spanish enclave at the edge of Morocco.
- A squat, rounded form of oenochoe with a trefoil mouth.
- An assessment equal to a quarter of the revenue.
- stupid; churlish
- A coarse or stupid fellow.
- To make noisy puffing sounds, as of a steam locomotive.
- To break wind.
- To intermittantly extinguish and reignite a powder charge.
- Superfluous small talk that is free of conflict, offers no character development, description or insight, and does not advance the story or plot.
- A breathy noise produced by a tiger, similar in function to a cat's purr.
- Swollen with fat.
- The vagina.
- An incompetent person, a blockhead; a loser.
- A gullible person; a sucker; someone easily taken advantage of; someone lacking common sense.
- The thick end, especially of a piece of wood or of a joint of meat.
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- A rustic; a countryman or labourer; a free peasant (as opposed to a serf).
- A rough, surly, ill-bred person; a boor.
- A selfish miser; an illiberal person; a niggard.
- a freedman, ranked below a thane but above a thrall
- To agitate rapidly and repetitively, or to stir with a rowing or rocking motion; generally applies to liquids, notably cream.
- To produce excessive and sometimes undesirable or unproductive activity or motion.
- To move rapidly and repetitively with a rocking motion; to tumble, mix or shake.
- (in a booking system) to repeatedly cancel and rebook a reservation in order to refresh ticket time limits or other fare rule restrictions.
- A vessel used for churning.
- The time when a consumer switches his/her service provider.
- The mass of people who are ready to switch carriers, expressed by the formula Customer Quits/Customer base.
- Cyclic activity that achieves nothing.
- A field.
- To inflict a blow on; punch.
- To make a dent or bump on; ding.
- A blow or impingement.
- Influence or effectiveness, especially political.
- A blow with the hand.
- A home run.
- The center of the butt at which archers shoot; probably once a piece of white cloth or a nail head.
- A swaddling cloth.
- A cloth; a piece of cloth or leather; a patch; a rag.
- An iron plate on an axletree or other wood to keep it from wearing; a washer.
- A piece; a fragment.
- To hit, especially with the fist.
- To cover with cloth, leather, or other material; to bandage, patch, or mend with a clout.
- To stud with nails, as a timber, or a boot sole.
- To guard with an iron plate, as an axletree.
- To join or patch clumsily.
- A cluster or lump; an unshaped piece or mass.
- A thick group or bunch, especially of bushes or hair.
- A dull thud.
- The compressed clay of coal strata.
- A small group of trees or plants.
- To form clusters or lumps.
- To gather into thick groups.
- To walk with heavy footfalls.
- wasted away; shrunken
- a dull, metallic sound, especially one made by two bodies coming into contact
- to make such a sound
- A city in Texas.
- Brya ebenus, a Caribbean flowering tree.
- The Titan of intelligence; the father of Leto and Asteria.
- A small loop or bow of ribbon used in making hats, boas, etc.
- A horn, or anything shaped like or resembling a horn.
- To push air from the lungs in a quick, noisy explosion.
- To force something out of the throat or lungs by coughing.
- To make a noise like a cough.
- A sudden, usually noisy expulsion of air from the lungs, often involuntary.
- A condition that causes one to cough; a tendency to cough.
- conditional of can
- Something that could happen, or could be the case, under different circumstances; a potentiality.
- To recite numbers in sequence.
- To determine the number (of objects in a group).
- To be of significance; to matter.
- To be an example of something:
- To consider something an example of something.
- To take account or note (of).
- To plead orally; to argue a matter in court; to recite a count.
- The act of counting or tallying a quantity.
- The result of a tally that reveals the number of items in a set; a quantity counted.
- A countdown.
- A charge of misconduct brought in a legal proceeding.
- The number of balls and strikes, respectively, on a batter's in-progress plate appearance.
- An object of interest or account; value; estimation.
- The male ruler of a county.
- A nobleman holding a rank intermediate between dukes and barons.
- To bend; to bow.
- curved; rounded
- known, renowned
- Marked by or possessing a high degree of sophistication; cultured, refined.
- Social grace, sophistication; manners; refinement.
- A large, crepuscular, semiaquatic rodent (Myocastor coypus) resembling a large rat, having bright orange-yellow incisors, native to South America and introduced to Europe, Asia and North America, valued for its fur in eastern Europe and central Asia and considered a pest elsewhere.
- A Titan, the son of Uranus and Gaia.
- The top of the rump of a horse or other quadruped.
- To croak, make a hoarse noise.
- An infectious illness of the larynx, especially in young children, causing respiratory difficulty.
- A sturdy timber with a curve or angle used for primary framing of a timber house, usually used in pairs.
- To make lame.
- A vehicle that has features of both a car and a truck.
- Being in a natural state.
- Characterized by simplicity, especially something not carefully or expertly made.
- Lacking concealing elements.
- Lacking tact or taste.
- Being in an unanalyzed form.
- Immature or unripe.
- pertaining to the uninflected stem of a word
- Any substance in its natural state.
- Crude oil.
- Not nice; mean; heartless.
- Cool; awesome; neat.
- To spoil or ruin (one's chance of success)
- To violently provoke (a child) in the belief that this will make them more assertive.
- A small bottle or container used to hold a condiment, such as salt, pepper, oil, or vinegar, for use at a dining table.
- A stand for these containers.
- A small vessel used to hold wine or water for the Eucharist.
- The colouring matter of the blood.
- The clotted portion of coagulated blood, containing the colouring matter; gore.
- A violent collision or compression; a crash; destruction; ruin.
- Violent pressure, as of a moving crowd.
- Crowd which produces uncomfortable pressure.
- A violent crowding
- A crowd control barrier
- An infatuation or affection for.
- The human object of such infatuation or affection.
- A standing stock or cage with movable sides used to restrain livestock for safe handling
- A party, festive function
- The process of crushing cane to remove the raw sugar, or the season that this process takes place in.
- To press or bruise between two hard bodies; to squeeze, so as to destroy the natural shape or integrity of the parts, or to force together into a mass.
- To reduce to fine particles by pounding or grinding; to comminute.
- To overwhelm by pressure or weight; to beat or force down, as by an incumbent weight.
- To oppress or burden grievously.
- To overcome completely; to subdue totally.
- To be or become broken down or in, or pressed into a smaller compass, by external weight or force
- To feel infatuation with or unrequited love for.
- to defeat emphatically
- A more solid, dense or hard layer on a surface or boundary.
- The external layer of most types of bread.
- An outer layer composed of pastry
- The bread-like base of a pizza.
- The outermost layer of the lithosphere of the Earth.
- The shell of crabs, lobsters, etc.
- Nerve, gall.
- crust punk
- To cover with a crust.
- To form a crust.
- A small, confined space.
- The tailed pepper, an Indonesian plant cultivated for its berries and essential oil.
- Raised to the third power.
- Any device designed to cut things into cubes.
- Used in the names of units of volume formed by multiplying a unit of length by itself twice.
- Of a class of polynomial of the form <math> ax^3 + bx^2 + cx + d </math>
- Having three equal axes and all angles 90°.
- A cubic curve.
- A family of musical styles from parts of South America
- Any of the dances associated with the cueca musical style
- defensive armour for the thighs
- The rocks, crushed shells, and other sea detritus that create an oyster bed, where oyster spawn can attach themselves.
- To prepare an oyster bed with such (culch) attachments.
- To accumulate small household items of little value.
- A component of armor, consisting of overlapping plates designed to protect the buttocks.
- A small, flat face at the base of a brilliant-cut gemstone.
- An Ancient Greek, and then Roman, settlement near Naples famed for its sibyl.
- The flowering plant in the family Apiaceae.
- Its aromatic long seed, used as a spice, notably in Indian, Middle Eastern, and Mexican cookery.
- Any of several univalent radicals derived from cumene
- A small circular receptacle used in assaying gold or silver with lead.
- To refine by means of a cupel.
- Having the form of a cup.
- Having indentations or shallow depressions.
- Characterised by cup shakes.
- Like, or full of, curd; coagulated.
- A healer.
- A person who, or device which preserves food by curing.
- specifically, a body of curly hair on someone's head
- Having curls.
- Curling in a direction, as opposed to straight (quotation marks or apostrophes)
- a person or animal with curly hair.
- Having curves.
- Buxom or curvaceous.
- A measure of the rate of flow of fluid, especially through a pipeline, equal to one cubic foot per second.
- Easy, making few demands, comfortable.
- Comfortable; often in a way that will suit a person's body.
- a preservative, made from catechu gum boiled in water, used to prolong the life of a sail or net
- A cute person or animal.
- A clementine: a small, waxy-peeled orange hybrid cultivar that is easy to peel by hand.
- Any small mandarin orange variety such as a tangerine or a satsuma.
- The true skin or dermis, underlying the epidermis.
- Short, shortened, or small; curtailed.
- A short spoon.
- A short tobacco pipe.
- A wanton or unchaste woman.
- A city in Peru, the former capital of the
- An ancient king of Persia.
- Smeary; viscous; glutinous; adhesive.
- to discourage, intimidate
- to overwhelm
- To search for and eliminate malfunctioning elements or errors in something, especially a computer program or machinery.
- To remove a hidden electronic surveillance device from (somewhere).
- To remove insects from (somewhere), especially
- The action, or a session, of reviewing source code to find and eliminate errors.
- To linger; to stay; to tarry
- To delay; to pause; to suspend proceedings or judgment in view of a doubt or difficulty; to hesitate; to put off the determination or conclusion of an affair.
- To scruple or object; to take exception; to oppose; to balk
- To interpose a demurrer.
- To suspend judgment concerning; to doubt of or hesitate about
- To cause delay to; to put off
- Stop; pause; hesitation as to proceeding; suspense of decision or action; scruple.
- A present of books given to a meritorious undergraduate student as a prize.
- A card with two spots, one of four in a standard deck of playing cards.
- A side of a die with two spots.
- A cast of dice totalling two.
- The number two.
- A tie in which one player can win by scoring two consecutive points.
- A curveball.
- A '32
- 2-barrel (twin choke) carburetors
- A table seating two diners.
- A piece of excrement.
- The Devil,
- Evil intent: malice or fraud.
- A river running through Switzerland and France, a tributary of the Saône.
- A department of France in the region of Franche-Comté.
- Uncertainty, disbelief.
- To lack confidence in; to disbelieve, question, or suspect.
- To fear; to suspect.
- To fear; to be apprehensive of.
- To fill with fear; to affright.
- Sweet, nice, pleasant.
- Serious and quiet; steady, not flighty or casual; sober.
- A thick, malleable substance made by mixing flour with other ingredients such as water, eggs, and/or butter, that is made into a particular form and then baked.
- To make into dough.
- Having decayed spots or streaks of a whitish colour.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A multiple star in the constellation of Ursa Major and part of the Plough; Alpha (α) Ursae Majoris.
- Of or pertaining to a duke, a duchess, or the duchy or dukedom they hold.
- A dominion or region ruled by a duke or duchess.
- A pair of twos.
- Dear (used as a pet name).
- The light clothes worn by sailors in hot climates.
- Great; going well; proceeding in an eminently agreeable fashion.
- A duck (aquatic bird), especially a toy rubber duck
- A pet name used affectionately.
- The veneration of saints, distinguished from latria, the worship of God.
- In a dull manner; without liveliness; without lustre.
- A seaweed of a reddish-brown color (Palmaria palmata) which is sometimes eaten, as in Scotland.
- A genre of instrumental folk music from Ukraine
- A silent person; a person who does not talk.
- An unintelligent person.
- A figure of a person or animal used by a ventriloquist; a puppet.
- Something constructed with the size and form of a human, to be used in place of a person.
- A deliberately nonfunctional device or tool used in place of a functional one.
- A "dummy teat"; a plastic or rubber teat used to soothe or comfort a baby; a pacifier.
- A player whose hand is shown and is to be played from by another player.
- A bodily gesture meant to fool an opposing player in sport; a feint.
- A word serving only to make a construction grammatical.
- An unused parameter or value.
- To make a mock-up or prototype version of something, without some or all off its intended functionality.
- To feint
- short and thick; stout or stocky
- A small bottle of beer.
- Pertaining to or consisting of dunes.
- An Ottoman Turkish unit of surface area nominally equal to 1,600 square (Turkish) paces but actually varied at a provincial and local level according to land quality to accommodate its colloquial sense of the amount of land able to be plowed in a day, roughly equivalent to the Byzantine stremma or English acre.
- A modern Turkish unit of surface area equal to a decare (1000 m²), equivalent to the modern Greek stremma.
- Various other units in other areas of the former Ottoman Empire, usually equated to the decare but sometimes varying (as in Iraq, where it is 2500 m²).
- Resembling or characteristic of dung.
- Covered in dung
- An utterance of the word dunno.
- Somewhat dun, dusky brownish.
- Somewhat deaf, hard of hearing.
- Slow to answer: stupid, unintelligent.
- A dummy, an unintelligent person.
- An outhouse: an outbuilding used as a lavatory.
- Any other place or fixture used for urination and defecation: a latrine; a lavatory; a toilet.
- A passageway, particularly those connecting an outhouse to the main building.
- A cellar, basement, or underground passage.
- a person who dupes another
- A form of bell used in some medieval clocks.Encyclopædia Britannica, 9th ed., "Bell".Encyclopaedic Dictionary of Music, Vol. 2, p. 452.
- Having two beats, or a multiple of two beats, in each measure.
- Having two beats in each foot.
- A ghost or spirit, often appearing in the form of a dog barking or howling through the night.
- To kill; to murder.
- To excel in.
- A brand of condom; sometimes used as a generic term for a condom.
- A brand of adhesive tape; sometimes used as the generic term for adhesive tape.
- A powerful Indian female deity.
- name, common in India. Another name of Parvati
- A pig of a reddish breed developed in North America.
- A kind of millet, a variety of sorghum; Indian millet.
- A cigarette, especially a roll-your-own.
- A tailor, especially a personal one.
- Dimly lit, as at dusk (evening).
- Having a shade of color that is rather dark.
- ashen, greyish skin coloration
- A dusky shark.
- A dusky dolphin.
- of origin, for someone who lived in a valley.
- A thick, padded quilt used instead of blankets.
- A cover for a quilt or comforter.
- A form of tatpuruṣa in which the modifying member is a number.
- A Niger-Congo language spoken in Upper Volta and Ivory Coast.
- To draw out or bring out; elicit or evoke.
- To infer or deduce.
- That which is educed
- A reactant; see also product
- To separate one substance from another by means of a solvent; to wash; to cleanse.
- to put (troops) onto a bus
- to board a bus