Page 1 from 1
Total results: 283
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- A village in Nebraska
- A ghost town in Nevada
- A city in North Dakota
- A town and a community in Wisconsin
- Guinness stout.
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- The state of being blue; blueness.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- To seize, as though with claws.
- To grip or grasp tightly.
- The claw of a predatory animal or bird.
- A grip, especially one seen as rapacious or evil.
- A device to interrupt power transmission, commonly used between engine and gearbox in a car.
- The pedal in a car that disengages power transmission.
- Any device for gripping an object, as at the end of a chain or tackle.
- A small handbag or purse with no straps or handle.
- An important or critical situation.
- Performing or tending to perform well in difficult, high-pressure situations.
- A brood of chickens or a sitting of eggs.
- A group or bunch (of people or things).
- A device to assist in motion as a cane, especially one that provides support under the arm to reduce weight on a leg.
- Something that supports, often used negatively to indicate that it is not needed and causes an unhealthful dependency; a prop
- A crotch; the area of body where the legs fork from the trunk.
- A form of pommel for a woman's saddle, consisting of a forked rest to hold the leg of the rider.
- A knee, or piece of knee timber.
- A forked stanchion or post; a crotch.
- A type of cross formed from two "C"s joined back-to-back
- To support on crutches; to prop up.
- To shear the hindquarters of a sheep; to dag.
- Empty oyster shells and other substances laid down on oyster grounds to furnish points for the attachment of the spawn of the oyster.
- Young or seed oysters together with the shells and other objects to which they are usually attached.
- Rubbish; debris; refuse.
- A pigeon, wood pigeon or ring dove.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- A suburb of Georgia, United States.
- To swallow.
- A mouthful.
- To murmur, complain.
- A complaint.
- An arquebus, a firearm with a long barrel.
- A pioneer, especially one of the early Jewish immigrants to Palestine.
- The amount that will fit into a hat
- A large number (usually talking about goalscoring chances)
- A gap in a series, making it incomplete.
- An interruption, break or pause.
- An unexpected break from work.
- A gap in geological strata.
- An opening in an organ.
- A syllable break between two vowels, without an intervening consonant. (Compare diphthong.)
- The condition of having such a break.
- The pignut or hickory ( of family Juglandaceae).
- a tuberous plant of the Apiaceae.
- Bunium bulbocastanum (black cumin) of the Apiaceae.
- Certain particularly (syn. of the Fabaceae.
- of the Lamiaceae.
- A South American motmot.
- A salt of humic acid.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal mineral containing fluorine, hydrogen, iron, magnesium, oxygen, and silicon.
- Being the subject of a hunt.
- Nervous and agitated, as if pursued.
- One who hurts or does harm.
- A beam on a gun-platform that prevents damage from the wheels of a gun-carriage
- To move rapidly, violently, or without control.
- To meet with violence or shock; to clash; to jostle.
- To make a threatening sound, like the clash of arms; to make a sound as of confused clashing or confusion; to resound.
- To hurl or fling; to throw hard or violently.
- To push; to jostle; to hurl.
- A fast movement in literal or figurative sense.
- A clattering sound.
- To rush or hurry.
- To con or deceive; especially financially.
- To bundle, to stow something quickly.
- To dance the hustle, a disco dance.
- To play deliberately badly at a game or sport in an attempt to encourage players to challenge.
- To sell sex, to work as a pimp.
- To be a prostitute, to exchange use of one's body for sexual purposes for money.
- To put a lot of effort into one's work.
- To push someone roughly, to crowd, to jostle.
- A state of busy activity.
- A type of disco dance.
- An activity, such as prostitution or reselling stolen items, that a prisoner uses to earn money in prison.
- A book of the Old Testament of some Christian Bibles; a book of the Vulgate Apocrypha.
- The protagonist of the Biblical book of Judith.
- definition A wife of Esau.
- Of or relating to the Jutes.
- Imperfect, makeshift; ramshackle, second-rate.
- Dried brick or mud, used as a material.
- German monk and theologian whose teaching inspired the Reformation
- name, originally in honor of Martin Luther.
- of English speakers who descend from German immigrants.
- A city/town in Iowa.
- A village in Michigan.
- An unincorporated community in Montana.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- an elephant driver and keeper
- drive elephants
- Overly talkative, insolent, and loud.
- A dance in South Asia, performed by professional dancing girls.
- Nothing; something which does not exist.
- A thing or person of no worth or value; nil.
- Not any quantity of number; zero; the score of no points in a game.
- The figure or character representing, or having the shape of, zero.
- Good for nothing; worthless.
- Wicked, immoral.
- To abase, to set at nought.
- To no extent; in no way; not at all.
- Nothing; zero.
- The first decade of a century, such as the 1900s, 2000 to 2009, etc, where the digit in the tens place is zero.
- To hit something better or further than another, especially to score better in a game involving hitting a ball with a bat.
- Phuket Province, a province in the southern of Thailand
- The island where Phuket Province located
- A city on the island of Phuket
- A bronze coin, equivalent to the Roman quadrans, used in ancient Palestine.
- An aluminium coin, worth one thousandth of a pound, used in Israel until 1960.
- To shake (something); to stir, move.
- To stir; to move.
- To flinch; shrink.
- Reconciliation; peace.
- To reconcile; become reconciled.
- Reconciled; agreed; at one.
- a Dutch flat-bottomed sailboat, broad in the beam, with square stern; usually equipped with leeboards to serve for a keel.
- To beat or whip; to drub.
- To separate the woody fibre from (flax, hemp, etc.) by beating; to swingle.
- An implement used to separate the fibres of flax by beating them.
- The woody fibre of flax; the refuse of scutched flax.
- A tuft or clump of grass.
- A detective.
- A sleuth-hound; a bloodhound.
- An animal’s trail or track.
- To act as a detective; to try to discover who committed a crime.
- Slowness; laziness, sloth.
- A collective term for a group of bears.
- To soil, stain or smudge
- A stain, smudge or blot
- A fight, an argument.
- To fight; to argue.
- Abnormal, especially excessively deep, sleep.
- To sigh, or moan
- To whir
- The sighing of the wind
- A series of usually nine short notes blown on the shofar as a Jewish ceremonial
- A small domical mountain or hill.
- Despite that; however.
- Used to intensify statements or questions; indeed.
- Despite the fact that; although.
- If, that, even if.
- An attack made by moving the sword parallel to its length and landing with the point.
- A push, stab, or lunge forward (the act thereof.)
- The force generated by propulsion, as in a jet engine.
- The primary effort; the goal.
- To make advance with force.
- To force something upon someone.
- To push out or extend rapidly or powerfully.
- To push or drive with force; to shove.
- To enter by pushing; to squeeze in.
- To stab; to pierce; usually with through.
- A white giant star in the constellation Draco; Alpha (α) Draconis. It was the pole star 5000 years ago.
- A substance extracted from trees of the genus Thuja, probably identical with quercitrin.
- A little thumb;
- Clumsy, awkward, maladroit, not dextrous, all thumbs
- Dirtied by thumb marks
- A giant; a gigantic spectre; an apparition.
- thus (in this way).
- A deposit of monosodium urate crystals in the body, caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood.
- Extremely sensitive or volatile; easily disturbed to the point of becoming unstable; requiring caution or tactfulness.
- Easily offended; oversensitive; ticklish.
- A long, narrow container, open on top, for feeding or watering animals.
- Any similarly shaped container.
- A rectangular container used for washing or rinsing clothes.
- A short, narrow canal designed to hold water until it drains or evaporates.
- A gutter under the eaves of a building; an eaves trough.
- A channel for conveying water or other farm liquids (such as milk) from place to place by gravity; any ‘U’ or ‘V’ cross-sectioned irrigation channel.
- A long, narrow depression between waves or ridges; the low portion of a wave cycle.
- A linear atmospheric depression associated with a weather front.
- To eat in a vulgar style, as if from a trough.
- A stake; a small post.
- Faithful; true.
- Only superficially true; that is asserted or felt instinctively to be true, with no recourse to facts.
- Evaluating to true in a Boolean context.
- a Chinese military governor or warlord
- A calligraphic signature of an Ottoman sultan (and some other rulers to the present day) that was affixed to official documents, carved on his seal, and stamped on coins and inscribed on some stamps issued during his reign.
- One of several similar diseases, characterised by high recurrent fever, caused by Rickettsia bacteria. Not to be confused with typhoid fever.
- not easy; hard
- Not easily; hardly, scarcely.
- Reluctantly, unwillingly.
- To leave off, cease, or desist from hating.
- The lack, absence, or omission of hate; hatelessness; love.
- Not hurt; unharmed or unscathed
- spelling of Hard, difficult, not easy
- Not having been shot.
- Not discharged or fired off.
- To remove the shot from (a gun); to unload.
- To open (a door, window etc.).
- To not thaw; to (re-)freeze or remain frozen.
- To thaw out, to unfreeze; to become soft (of something which had been frozen).
- A concise summary.
- The final result, or outcome of something.
- A large draught of any liquid.
- To drink, to quaff.
- To make a rushing sound; to whizz.
- To shake vigorously.
- A son of Hellen and Orseis, and founder (through his sons) of the Achaean and Ionian nations.
- youth centre
- Egyptian malt beer, which is noted for being unfermented.