Page 1 from 7
Total results: 6677
- A town in Northern Switzerland, capital of Aargau canton, and capital of the Helvetic Republic between 1798 and 1803.
- To put up with; to endure.
- To bear; to carry.
- To behave; to comport oneself.
- Bearing, behavior.
- To go astray; to err.
- Distort; aberrate.
- To regard with horror or detestation; to shrink back with shuddering from; to feel excessive repugnance toward; to detest to extremity; to loathe.
- To fill with horror or disgust.
- To turn aside or avoid; to keep away from; to reject.
- To protest against; to reject solemnly.
- To shrink back with horror, disgust, or dislike; to be contrary or averse; definition.
- Differ entirely from.
- A wine seller; one who is subject to the abkari tax.
- born, begotten, created, developed
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- A toxin akin to ricin found in jequirity beans, Abrus precatorius.
- A medium-sized tropical African tree, from the family Loganiaceae. 1976
- The soft pale wood from the abura tree.
- Any of a number of Central American and South American freshwater fish in the family Cichlidae
- The capital of Ghana.
- Sour, bitter, and harsh to the taste, as unripe fruit.
- Sharp and harsh in expressing oneself.
- A spicy and salty pickle in Indian cuisine.
- dandruff (or similar condition)
- The fruit of the oak, being an oval nut growing in a woody cup or cupule.
- A cone-shaped piece of wood on the point of the spindle above the vane, on the mast-head.
- See acorn-shell.
- A testicle.
- Owning or possessing many acres of land.
- Sharp and harsh, or bitter and not to the taste; pungent.
- Causing heat and irritation; corrosive.
- Caustic; bitter; bitterly irritating.
- of A star in the constellation Crux the Southern Cross
- The univalent radical derived from acrylic acid :- CH2=CH-CO-
- A person who performs in a theatrical play or film.
- One who acts; a doer.
- One who takes part in a situation.
- An advocate or proctor in civil courts or causes.
- One who institutes a suit; plaintiff or complainant.
- One who enacts a certain policy action.
- The entity that performs a role (in use case analysis).
- To make more beautiful and attractive; to decorate.
- sun-facing side of a mountain
- A local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Eagles.
- to imbue with fear; to affright; to terrify.
- On fire (often metaphorically).
- A high tide in which the water rises to a given level, recedes, and then rises again.
- A low tide in which the water recedes to a given level, rises, and then recedes again.
- In ancient Roman construction, an earthwork; a mound; a raised work.
- Aggravation; bother.
- Aggressive behaviour; loud, intimidating behaviour that convincingly threatens violence without necessarily actually becoming violent.
- A measure of how belligerent a player is – a high value may inspire either avoidance or preemptive hostile action from enemies.
- Hostile attention from an enemy that should target players with better defenses.
- Liable to attack without being attacked first (said of monsters).
- Hardcore, aggressive.
- To become aggressive towards the player's character.
- Applied to a kind of variegated glass beads of ancient manufacture.
- grinning; having happiness or satisfaction apparent on one's face
- a protein involved in the formation of neuromuscular junctions during embryonic development
- psoriasis of the tongue
- form; a tidal bore.
- One who aims; one who is responsible for aiming.
- Having been uttered or spoken of, such that certain persons are aware.
- Having been broadcast, such as on television or radio.
- A framework upon which laundry is aired; a clotheshorse.
- The name of many places in the United States of America:
- a town in Alabama.
- a statutory town in Colorado
- a town in Henry Township, Indiana.
- a small city in Iowa.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas.
- a village in Michigan.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri.
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- a village in New York.
- a large city in Ohio
- a borough in Pennsylvania.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- Pertaining to wings.
- A limestone pavement.
- A bookcase; a library or archive.
- A storehouse. (Especially a niche or recess in a wall used for storage.)
- A pantry, or place to store food.
- A cupboard or storage area in a church to hold books, communion vessels, vestments, etc.; an armarium.
- As if dead; lifeless; spiritless; dejected; depressed.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- the father of Moses (biblical figure)
- Displaying or feeling anger.
- Inflamed and painful.
- Dark and stormy, menacing.
- To impair or become impaired; to injure.
- A place where apes are kept.
- The practice of aping; an apish action.
- on the left side of the boat
- An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.
- A hard surface bordering a structure or area.
- The paved area of an airport, especially the area where aircraft park away from a terminal
- The spreading end of a driveway.
- The paved area below the yellow line on a race track.
- The loading, parking or roadway area immediately beside a railway station
- The portion of a stage extending towards the audience beyond the proscenium arch in a theatre.
- A large decal toward the bottom of a pinball table.
- The sides of a tree’s canopy.
- The cap of a cannon; a piece of lead laid over the vent to keep the priming dry.
- A removable cover for the passangers' feet and legs in an open horse carriage.
- To tear up by the roots; to draw away.
- the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan; called Arbela in classical times
- A white band of cholesterol that forms at the edge of the cornea
- A low, horizontal cloud typically forming at the leading edge of thunderstorm outflow
- An elastic band around the base of the arolium, a pad at the end of the leg of certain insects
- An arc-shaped band of thickened sexine extending between two apertures on a pollen grain or spore
- A Middle Eastern unit of volume used for agricultural crops.
- Great warmth of feeling; fervor; passion.
- Intense heat.
- A city on the Slave Coast of West Africa, the present-day Allada, Benin.
- The kingdom formerly controlled by this city; the nation of its people.
- To soothsay, prophesy.
- To interpret; to explain.
- To advise, counsel.
- backward; in or to the rear; behindhand
- To raise; to set up; to stir up.
- In a reeking condition.
- Relating to division by area; relating to an attribute obtained by division by area.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- thus, therefore
- crude tartar.
- An argali (kind of sheep).
- A city in Greece, in the Peloponnese.
- The dog of Odysseus in Homer's Odyssey.
- A town in Indiana.
- one who has attained enlightenment; a Buddhist saint
- one of the stages of the ascetic's spiritual evolution, when all passions (anger, ego, deception, greed, attachment, hatred and ignorance) are destroyed; arhanta
- Filled with or involving rioting or riotous behaviour.
- Filled in an unrestrained manner.
- A native or resident of the state of Arkansas in the United States of America.
- The capital city of the Walloon province of Luxembourg, Belgium.
- Equipped, especially with a weapon.
- Prepared for use; loaded.
- Furnished with whatever serves to add strength, force, or efficiency.
- Having an arm or arms, often of a specified number or type.
- Possessing arms of a specified number or type.
- Coloured in a different tincture from the beast or bird itself.
- A type of mediaeval full-face helmet
- A bracelet.
- An ancient astronomical instrument, having either one ring placed in the plane of the equator for determining the time of the equinoxes (an equinoctial armil) or two or more rings, one in the plane of the meridian, for observing the solstices (a solstitial armil).
- Abounding with noise; roaring
- Any plant of the family Araceae, found chiefly in the tropics.
- Any of various medical remedies.
- form of (old unit of measure)
- Clothing and ornamentation.
- A collection laid out to be viewed in full.
- An orderly series, arrangement or sequence.
- Order; a regular and imposing arrangement; disposition in regular lines; hence, order of battle.
- A large collection.
- Common name for matrix.
- Any of various data structures designed to hold multiple elements of the same type; especially, a data structure that holds these elements in adjacent memory locations so that they may be retrieved using numeric indices.
- A ranking or setting forth in order, by the proper officer, of a jury as impanelled in a cause; the panel itself; or the whole body of jurors summoned to attend the court.
- A militia.
- A group
- The same as a microarray.
- To clothe and ornament; to adorn or attire
- To lay out in an orderly arrangement; to deploy or marshal
- To set in order, as a jury, for the trial of a cause; that is, to call them one at a time.
- Money or some other valuable item given to evidence a contract; a pledge or earnest.
- name, a less common spelling of Aaron.
- A Russian or Soviet craftsmen's collective.
- Inclined towards the arts; arty.
- An autonomous territory in the Caribbean, a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
- A funeral feast or wake at which bread and ale was served, traditional in Scotland, the North of England, and among the Norse.
- The ale served at such a wake, the drinking of which was a ritually significant act in Norse culture.
- The money given to hunters, at the death of a fox, in order to buy ale.
- A member of an alleged master race with no fixed definition, comprising people of Germanic descent (in the narrowest sense), or all non-Jewish Caucasians (in the broadest sense)
- A person of Caucasian ethnicity; a white non-Jew.
- A Caucasian racist, often one who is an Aryan in the first sense.
- An Indo-European, a Proto-Indo-European.
- An Indo-Iranian.
- A subdivision of the Caucasian race, which comprised the Aryans, the Semites, and the Hamites, or the accompanying linguistic subdivision.
- Pertaining, in racial theories, to the (alleged) Aryan master race.
- Pertaining to the Caucasian ethnicity.
- Pertaining to Caucasian racists or their organisations, theories, etc.
- Of or pertaining to Indo-Iranian peoples, cultures, and languages.
- Of or pertaining to Indo-European peoples, cultures and languages.
- The language of the original Aryans.
- the head of the Assyrian pantheon, later identified with Anshar
- the city of Assur
- a common given name among Assyrian people
- grandson of Noah in Genesis
- In motion; characterized by motion.
- To run away; escape.
- To outrun.
- Just clear of the ground.
- Sheeted home, hoisted taut up and ready for trimming.
- Hoisted up and ready to be swayed across.
- Of or pertaining to the ear.
- Of or pertaining to sound.
- Of or pertaining to an aura.
- Of or pertaining to trivalent gold.
- Of, or pertaining to the ear; aural
- Pertaining to an aura.
- A red colouring matter derived from phenol. Used as an indicator.
- To turn aside or away.
- To ward off, or prevent, the occurrence or effects of.
- To turn away.
- To turn away.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name of modern usage.
- A judgment, sentence, or final decision. Specifically: The decision of arbitrators in a case submitted.
- The paper containing the decision of arbitrators; that which is warded.
- A trophy or medal; something that denotes an accomplishment, especially in a competition. A prize or honor based on merit.
- Care, keeping.
- A negotiated minimum wage that is set for a particular trade or industry; an industrial award.
- To give by sentence or judicial determination; to assign or apportion, after careful regard to the nature of the case; to adjudge
- To determine; to make or grant an award.
- to give an award (prize) for merit
- A device for cutting the awns from grain.
- At work; in action.
- Somewhat azure in colour.
- A machine for creating bales, e.g., of hay or cotton.
- A person who creates bales, either by operating or feeding such a machine, or by creating the bales by hand.
- A king of the Fomorians, supposed to have lived in Son of Buarainech. Husband of Cethleen. Father of Ethniu.
- A unit of pressure, equal to one dyne per square centimeter.
- Resembling vomit in colour, texture, etc.
- Inclined to vomit; sick.
- Vile; contemptible.
- Of or pertaining to weight, especially to the weight or pressure of the atmosphere as measured by a barometer.
- Of or pertaining to barium.
- Having bark.
- Prone to bark, to make the sound of a dog.
- Sounding like the bark of a dog.
- containing barm, i.e. froth from fermented yeast
- odd, strange.
- An argument, a disagreement.
- The perch; any of various marine and freshwater fish resembling the perch.
- The perineum of a man.
- A place of shelter for cattle.
- Symbol Ba. A unit of pressure under the CGS system. 1 Ba = 0.1 Pa = 0.1 N/m2 = 1x10-6 bar
- A city and port in southeast Iraq.
- To put a bar around; bar about; debar.
- To cry about; cry over; lament; bemourn.
- To accuse.
- To bewitch.
- To cover or clothe with fur.
- To mar about or all over; injure seriously.
- To make foul; befoul; soil.
- A fixed bunk for sleeping in (caravans, trains, etc).
- Room for maneuvering or safety. (Often used in the phrase a wide berth.)
- A space for a ship to moor or a vehicle to park.
- A room in which a number of the officers or ship's company mess and reside.
- A job or position, especially on a ship.
- Position or seed in a tournament bracket.
- position on the field of play
- to bring (a ship or vehicle) into its berth
- to assign a berth (bunk or position) to
- A bird of prey of southern Asia, Accipiter virgatus.
- A portion of plate armour to protect the lower face and the neck, typically in two parts, called upper bevor and lower bevor.
- The ability to detect whether or not a person is bisexual by observing that person.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- Any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- A stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
- A birch-bark canoe.
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- Resembling or characteristic of a bird.
- Excited due to having encountered a bird or its scent.
- bristling, bristly (of an animal such as a wolf or a bear).
- The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- An instance of childbirth.
- A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- That which is born.
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- To bear or give birth to (a child).
- To produce, give rise to.
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- A loud sound.
- Dazzling, often garish, brilliance.
- To make a loud sound.
- To cause to sound like the blare of a trumpet; to proclaim loudly.
- dim, unclear from water or rheum.
- Causing or caused by dimness of sight.
- To be blear; to have blear eyes; to look or gaze with blear eyes.
- To make blurred or dim (of the eyes or eyesight).
- To blur, make blurry (of an image).
- A gust of wind and rain.
- A blue blazer, part of the school uniform at Harrow School.
- A short description of a book, film, or other work, written and used for promotional purposes.
- To write or quote something in a blurb
- To utter suddenly and unadvisedly; to speak quickly or without thought; to divulge inconsiderately — commonly with out.
- aluminium borotartrate, an astringent and antiseptic.
- suffering from boredom; to have nothing to do
- uninterested, without attention
- perforated by a hole or holes (through bioerosion or other)
- Of, pertaining to, or containing the element boron.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- Any organic boron radical of the form R2B- especially when linked to a metal atom
- A joke; jesting, banter.
- To jest.
- A rank of aristocracy (second only to princes) in Russia, Bulgaria and Romania.
- A leaf or leaf-like structure from the axil out of which a stalk of a flower or an inflorescence arises.
- To make a sudden movement with, to jerk.
- To start into motion.
- To weave together, intertwine (strands of fibers, ribbons, etc.); to arrange (hair) in braids.
- To mix, or make uniformly soft, by beating, rubbing, or straining, as in preparing food.
- To reproach; to upbraid.
- A sudden movement; a jerk, a wrench.
- A weave of three or more strands of fibers, ribbons, cords or hair often for decoration.
- A fancy; freak; caprice.
- A small rope used to truss up sails.
- A thong of soft leather to bind up a hawk's wing.
- A stock at each end of a seine to keep it stretched.
- To reef, shorten or strike sail using brails.
- A fern; bracken.
- A thicket, or an area overgrown with briers etc.
- A tool used for breaking flax or hemp.
- A type of machine for bending sheet metal. (See wikipedia.)
- A large, heavy harrow for breaking clods after ploughing; a drag.
- To bruise and crush; to knead
- To pulverise with a harrow
- An ancient engine of war analogous to the crossbow and ballista.
- The winch of a crossbow.
- The handle of a pump.
- A device used to slow or stop the motion of a wheel, or of a vehicle, by friction; also, the controls or apparatus used to engage such a mechanism such as the pedal in a car.
- The act of braking, of using a brake to slow down a machine or vehicle
- An apparatus for testing the power of a steam engine or other motor by weighing the amount of friction that the motor will overcome; a friction brake.
- Something used to retard or stop some action, process etc.
- A baker's kneading trough.
- A device used to confine or prevent the motion of an animal.
- A frame for confining a refractory horse while the smith is shoeing him.
- An enclosure to restrain cattle, horses, etc.
- A cart or carriage without a body, used in breaking in horses.
- A carriage for transporting shooting parties and their equipment.
- That part of a carriage, as of a movable battery, or engine, which enables it to turn.
- To operate (a) brake(s).
- To be stopped or slowed (as if) by braking.
- A cage.
- A type of torture instrument.
- Overgrown with bracken or brushwood
- A metal bridle formerly used as a torture device to hold the head of a scold and restrain the tongue
- A sort of bridle with wooden side pieces.
- To put someone in the branks
- To hold up and toss the head; applied to horses as spurning the bit.
- To prance; to caper.
- impetuous or rash
- insensitive or tactless
- impudent or shameless
- A rash or eruption; a sudden or transient fit of sickness.
- brittle, as wood or vegetables
- Leaf litter of small leaves and little twigs as found under a hedge.
- Broken and angular rock fragments underlying alluvial deposits.
- Broken fragments of ice.
- A fight, usually with a large number of people involved.
- To engage in a brawl; to fight or quarrel.
- To complain loudly; to scold.
- To make a loud confused noise, as the water of a rapid stream running over stones.
- An inflammatory disease of sheep.
- Meat from sheep that have died from this disease, or that have died from accident or disease in general.
- sick with braxy
- To join two metal pieces, without melting them, using heat and diffusion of a jointing alloy of capillary thickness.
- To burn or temper in fire.
- A foodstuff made by baking dough made from cereals.
- Any variety of bread.
- Food; sustenance; support of life, in general.
- to coat with breadcrumbs
- To make broad; spread.
- To form in meshes; net.
- A piece of embroidery; a braid.
- A European fresh-water cyprinoid fish of the genus Abramis, little valued as food. Several species are known.
- A species in that genus, Abramis brama.
- An American fresh-water fish, of various species of Lepomis and allied genera, which are also called sunfishes and pondfishes.
- A marine sparoid fish of the genus Pagellus, and allied genera. See sea bream.
- To clean (e.g. a ship's bottom of clinging shells, seaweed, etc.) by the application of fire and scraping.
- Ornamental embroidery
- A braid.
- Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To give a bribe to; specifically, to ask a person to do something, usually against his/her will, in exchange for some type of reward or relief from potential trouble.
- To gain by a bribe; to induce as by a bribe.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty.
- The sea
- Full of liveliness and activity; characterized by quickness of motion or action; lively; spirited; quick.
- Full of spirit of life; effervescing
- Stimulating or invigorating.
- Abrupt, curt in one's manner or in relation to others.
- To make or become lively; to enliven; to animate.
- form of (ritual circumcision)
- To cook by direct, radiant heat. (British: grill)
- To expose to great heat.
- To be exposed to great heat.
- Food prepared by broiling.
- to cause a rowdy disturbance; embroil
- (obsolete) to brawl
- A brawl; a rowdy disturbance.
- Lacking money; bankrupt
- Demoted, deprived of a commission.
- Paper or board that is discarded and repulped during the manufacturing process.
- To broker; to transact business for another.
- To act as procurer in love matters; to pimp.
- A borough of New York City.
- A cocktail containing gin, vermouth and orange juice.
- In the rural and farming circles, stout and strong; well-built; well fed with brose.
- Semi-liquid (like brose).
- Containing brose.
- An implement consisting of multiple more or less flexible bristles or other filaments attached to a handle, used for any of various purposes including cleaning, painting, and arranging hair.
- A piece of conductive material, usually carbon, serving to maintain electrical contact between the stationary and rotating parts of a machine.
- The act of brushing something.
- Wild vegetation, generally larger than grass but smaller than trees (Wikipedia).
- A short and sometimes occasional encounter or experience.
- The furry tail of an animal, especially of a fox.
- A tuft of hair on the mandibles.
- A short contest, or trial, of speed.
- An instrument, resembling a brush, used to produce a soft sound from drums or cymbals.
- An on-screen tool for "painting" a particular colour or texture.
- In 3D video games, a convex polyhedron, especially one that defines structure of the play area.
- The floorperson of a poker room, usually in a casino.
- (North Wisconsin, uncountable) Evergreen boughs, especially balsam, locally cut and baled for export, usually for use in wreathmaking.
- To clean with a brush.
- To untangle or arrange with a brush.
- To apply with a brush.
- To remove with a sweeping motion.
- To touch with a sweeping motion, or lightly in passing.
- To clean one's teeth by brushing them.
- name, a less common spelling of Brian.
- derived from Brian.
- A city in Ohio.
- A city in Texas
- name, a nonstandard spelling of Brian.
- A tropical flowering tree, found in the South Pacific.
- A coarse woolen cloth.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- Big or important — used as a title of respect
- An of, or the act of .
- A often or
- A series of fired from an
- To break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break by any means.
- To separate formfeed at perforation lines.
- To enter or exit hurriedly and unexpectedly.
- To produce as an effect of bursting.
- George Gordon (Noel) Byron, 6th Baron Byron (January 22, 1788–April 19, 1824), a famous English poet and leading figure in romanticism.
- name transferred from the surname, of mostly American usage.
- A in California.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A city in Illinois.
- an unincorporated community in Kankakee Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana, USA
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city in Minnesota.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in New York.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- One of two towns in Wisconsin.
- A town in Wyoming.