Page 1 from 1
Total results: 162
- A cross shaped like a T with a loop at the top, the Egyptian hieroglyph representing the Egyptian triliteral and often used as an amulet or charm for this concept.
- A tau cross.
- An afro-centric symbol of spiritualism, esp. as it relates to Kemetic spiritualism.
- The shelf- or bracket-shaped fruiting body of a bracket fungus (also called a shelf fungus), i.e. a mushroom growing off a tree trunk.
- A nose, especially a large one.
- To hit, especially on the head.
- A hairstyle involving the chemical straightening and styling of kinky hair.
- To chemically straighten tightly curled hair.
- A sub-genre of scouse house music containing distinctive percussion sounds.
- To hit.
- A car's engine.
- A fool.
- A poor player who makes mistakes.
- To provide a second person with a lift on a bicycle (formerly, on a horse), seating the passenger either in front (on the handlebar) or behind (sharing the seat); to travel as a passenger in such manner.
- A god in Sumerian mythology, later known as Ea in Akkadian and Babylonian mythology.
- A city in the province of Limburg, Belgium
- A foolish or contemptible man.
- a fellow; person.
- A small furry toy like an ersatz teddy bear, popularized in wartime when production of real teddies stops.
- A stupid, ignorant, and/or boorish person.
- A sleep; a nap.
- A prostitute's client.
- To sleep.
- To lie; to tell an untruth
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- of the colour of ink, especially black ink; dark.
- spattered or stained with ink
- Problematic blocking of a software application's user interface due to slow operations or poor interface design.
- A quick evasive turn.
- To make a quick evasive turn.
- To cause a vehicle to make a quick evasive turn.
- In the games of spoilfive and forty-five, to win the game by taking all five tricks; also, to attempt to win all five tricks, losing what has been already won if unsuccessful.
- Often with a prepositional phrase, or with and an infinitive: showing a quick and ardent responsiveness or willingness; eager, enthusiastic, interested.
- Fierce, intense, vehement.
- Having a fine edge or point; sharp.
- Acute of mind, having or expressing mental acuteness; penetrating, sharp.
- Acrimonious, bitter, piercing.
- Of cold, wind, etc.: cutting, penetrating, piercing, sharp.
- Extremely low as to be competitive.
- Brave, courageous; audacious, bold.
- To make cold, to sharpen.
- A prolonged wail for a deceased person.
- To utter a keen.
- To utter with a loud wailing voice or wordless cry.
- To mourn.
- A gambling game, a variety of the game of lotto, played with balls or knobs, numbered, and cards also numbered.
- An oven or furnace or a heated chamber, for the purpose of hardening, burning, calcining or drying anything; for example, firing ceramics, curing or preserving tobacco, or drying grain.
- To bake in a kiln.
- To laugh loudly.
- To gasp for breath as in a severe fit of coughing.
- A convulsive fit of coughing or laughter; a sonorous indraft of breath; a whoop; a gasp of breath caused by laughing, coughing, or crying.
- A tight curl, twist, or bend in a length of thin material, hair etc.
- A difficulty or flaw that is likely to impede operation, as in a plan or system.
- An unreasonable notion; a crotchet; a whim; a caprice.
- Peculiarity or deviation in sexual behaviour or taste.
- A positive 1-soliton solution to the Sine–Gordon equation
- To form a kink or twist.
- To be formed into a kink or twist.
- A short spur or stiff projection from the trunk or branch of a tree, such as the stunted dead branch of a fir
- A peg or hook for hanging something on
- One of the points of a stag's horn or a tine
- A knot in a piece of wood or the base of a branch
- A pointed rock or crag
- A small cask or barrel; a keg or noggin
- The woodpecker
- To hang something on a peg
- To kill (a player character) who ganked you
- To shape a vitreous mineral (flint, obsidian, chert etc.) by breaking away flakes, often forming a sharp edge or point.
- To rap or strike sharply.
- To bite; to bite off; to break short.
- To make a sound of snapping.
- A sharp blow or slap.
- A protuberance; a swelling; a knob.
- The crest of a hill
- A small hill
- To turn thread or yarn into a piece of fabric by forming loops that are pulled through each other. This can be done by hand with needles or by machine.
- To join closely and firmly together.
- To become closely and firmly joined; become compacted.
- To grow together.
- To combine from various elements.
- Of bones: to heal following a fracture.
- To form into a knot, or into knots; to tie together, as cord; to fasten by tying.
- To draw together; to contract into wrinkles.
- A knitted garment.
- A rounded protuberance, handle, or control switch.
- A prominent rounded hill.
- A rounded ornament on the hilt of an edged weapon; a pommel.
- A prominent, rounded bump along a mountain ridge.
- (plural) Breasts.
- A penis.
- A contemptible person.
- A dollop, an amount just larger than a spoonful (usually referring to butter)
- A chunky branch-like piece, especially of a ginger rhizome.
- To have sex with.
- To perceive the truth or factuality of; to be certain of or that.
- To be aware of; to be cognizant of.
- To be acquainted or familiar with; to have encountered.
- To experience.
- To distinguish, to discern, particularly by contrast or comparison; to recognize the nature of.
- To recognize as the same (as someone or something previously encountered) after an absence or change.
- To understand or have a grasp of through experience or study.
- To have sexual relations with.
- To have knowledge; to have information, be informed.
- To be or become aware or cognizant.
- To be acquainted (with another person).
- To be able to play or perform (a song or other piece of music).
- Knowledge; the state of knowing.
- a Scottish surname
- a male given name derived from the surname
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- Either of two thorny shrublike trees, of the genus Ziziphus, from North Africa and the Middle East; is supposed to be the plant from which Christ's crown of thorns was made.
- The edible berry of
- to make naked, bare, expose
- A police spy or informer.
- An unpleasant person, especially one who makes things difficult for others; a spoilsport.
- To watch; to observe.
- To serve or behave as a spy or informer.
- To annoy or irritate.
- To complain.
- To stop.
- The part of body connecting the head and the trunk found in humans and some animals.
- The corresponding part in some other anatomical contexts.
- The part of a shirt, dress etc., which fits a person's neck.
- The tapered part of a bottle toward the opening.
- The slender tubelike extension atop an archegonium, through which the sperm swim to reach the egg.
- The extension of any stringed instrument on which a fingerboard is mounted
- A long narrow tract of land projecting from the main body, or a narrow tract connecting two larger tracts.
- A reduction in size near the end of an object, formed by a groove around it.
- The constriction between the root and crown of a tooth.
- The gorgerin of a capital.
- The small part of a gun between the chase and the swell of the muzzle.
- To hang by the neck; strangle; kill, eliminate
- To make love; to snog; to intently kiss or cuddle; to canoodle.
- To drink rapidly.
- To decrease in diameter.
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- НКВД (Naródnyi Komissariát Vnútrennikh Del) — the People’s Commissariat for Internal Affairs — the Soviet secret police, forerunner of the KGB
- A small corner formed by two walls; an alcove.
- A hidden or secluded spot.
- An English unit of land area, originally ¼ of a yardland but later 12½ or 20 acres.
- The sound made by a pig, or an imitation thereof.
- Of a pig or in imitation thereof, to make its characteristic sound.
- The outer protective layer of the body of any animal, including of a human.
- The outer protective layer of the fruit of a plant.
- The skin and fur of an individual animal used by humans for clothing, upholstery, etc.
- A congealed layer on the surface of a liquid.
- A set of resources that modifies the appearance and/or layout of the graphical user interface of a computer program.
- Rolling paper for cigarettes.
- A subgroup of Australian aboriginal people; such divisions are cultural and not related to an individual′s physical skin. 1994, Macquarie Aboriginal Words, Macquarie University, paperback Introduction.
- An alternate appearance (texture map or geometry) for a 3D character model in a video game.
- Bare flesh, particularly bare breasts.
- A vessel made of skin, used for holding liquids.
- That part of a sail, when furled, which remains on the outside and covers the whole.
- The covering, as of planking or iron plates, outside the framing, forming the sides and bottom of a vessel; the shell; also, a lining inside the framing.
- To injure the skin of.
- To remove the skin and/or fur of an animal or a human.
- To high five.
- To apply a skin to (a computer program).
- To use tricks to go past a defender.
- To become covered with skin.
- To cover with skin, or as if with skin; hence, to cover superficially.
- To produce, in recitation, examination, etc., the work of another for one's own, or to use cribs, memoranda, etc., which are prohibited.
- To strip of money or property; to cheat.
- To emit a high-pitched sharp or metallic noise.
- A sharp, quick sound; a tinkle.
- To unknit.
- A member of the travelling community. A gypsy.
- To masturbate.
- To masturbate; to give a hand job to.
- To engage in wank.
- An act of masturbation.
- An undesirable person
- Nonsense, rubbish.
- Ridiculous, circular or inappropriately elaborate argument about something, especially if obnoxious, pretentious or unsubstantial.
- An overly studious person, particularly student; a nerd.
- A policy wonk or other intellectual expert.