Page 1 from 14
Total results: 14540
- of (Dodonaea viscosa).
- A member of the Sioux tribe of American Indian; Siouan.
- An inability to walk due to a defect in muscular coordination.
- Of, pertaining to or caused by abasia
- Missing a nucleotide base
- One who abides, or continues.
- One who dwells or stays; a resident.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- An oily seed, from the South American plant used to make candles. 1976
- The manufacture or sale of liquors or drugs.
- A revenue tax on the manufacture or sale of liquors and drugs. 1976
- а gated community and oil-processing facilities located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia
- To wrench (something) out.
- To wake up.
- To spring, start, make a sudden movement.
- To shout out.
- To rise in the stomach with nausea.
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- To descend a steep or vertical drop using a rope with a mechanical friction device or (classic abseil) by wrapping the rope around the body; to rappel.
- A descent in mountaineering using a rope looped at the top and a friction device.
- To stand apart from; to leave off; to desist.
- Absence of willpower or decisiveness, especially as a symptom of mental illness.
- Relating to, characterized by, or affected with abulia.
- Any parasitic arachnid, such as mites and ticks, of the subclass Acarina.
- Of or pertaining to acarids.
- To summon.
- To quote.
- To excite.
- To induce.
- To gather together; to collect.
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, the maple.
- Of, pertaining to, or producing vinegar
- Of or pertaining to acetic acid or its derivatives
- the triglyceride of acetic acid
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- (syn. similar to arrowroot: the the seeds of which yield a purple dye.
- The edible rhizome of this plant.
- Having a pH less than 7, or being sour, or having the strength to neutralize alkalis, or turning a litmus paper red.
- Containing a high percentage of silica; opposed to basic.
- Of or relating to acid; having the character of an acid.
- Of, pertaining to, or located in an acinus.
- One of the small grains or drupelets which make up some kinds of fruit, as the blackberry, raspberry, etc.
- A grape-stone.
- One of the granular masses which constitute a racemose or compound gland, as the pancreas; also, one of the saccular recesses in the lobules of a racemose gland.
- Relieving weariness; restorative.
- Unable to function or cope.
- Excessive eating due to a lack of the sensation of satiety.
- The lowest groups of animals, in which no nervous system has been observed.
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- An intended action or deed.
- The occupation of an actor.
- The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
- Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
- A way of motion or functioning.
- A fast-paced activity.
- A mechanism; a moving part or assembly.
- The mechanism, that is the set of moving mechanical parts, of a keyboard instrument, like a piano, which transfers the motion of the key to the sound-making device.Marshall Cavendish Corporation Growing Up with Science p.1079
- sexual intercourse.
- The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar.
- A charge or other process in a law court (also called lawsuit and actio).
- A mapping from a pairing of mathematical objects to one of them, respecting their individual structures. The pairing is typically a Cartesian product or a tensor product. The object that is not part of the output is said to act on the other object. In any given context, action is used as an abbreviation for a more fully named notion, like group action or left group action.
- The event or connected series of events, either real or imaginary, forming the subject of a play, poem, or other composition; the unfolding of the drama of events.
- The attitude or position of the several parts of the body as expressive of the sentiment or passion depicted.
- spin put on the bowling ball.
- A share in the capital stock of a joint-stock company, or in the public funds.
- To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect.
- To initiate a legal action against someone.
- a promontory of Acarnania in Ancient Greece where and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian in a naval battle in 31 BC
- Sharpness or acuteness, as of a needle, wit, etc.
- A special ward in Tokyo that is surrounded by (clockwise from north) Saitama Prefecture, Katsushika, Sumida, Arakawa, and Kita special wards
- Of, relating to, or resembling the Biblical character Adam.
- Any member of the Adapidae.
- A fine cotton cloth of India.
- A person who is addicted, especially to a harmful drug
- An adherent or fan (of something)
- To cause someone to become addicted, especially to a drug
- To involve oneself in something habitually, to the exclusion of almost anything else.
- To adapt; to make suitable; to fit.
- To set in order; to array.
- Pertaining to, or derived from, fatty or oily substances; applied to certain acids obtained from fats by the action of nitric acid.
- Of, or derived from adipic acid.
- The univalent radical obtained by removing the only one hydroxyl group from adipic acid
- Any of a group of solar deities, the sons of Aditi and Kashyapa.
- name used in India.
- To be in contact or connection with.
- To extend an algebraic object (e.g. a field, a ring etc.) by adding to it (an element not belonging to it) and all finite power series of (the element).
- Of or pertaining to Adonis.
- Very beautiful or handsome; physically perfect.
- having a dactyl followed by either a spondee or a trochee.
- A verse consisting of a dactyl and spondee.
- Floating at random.
- Absent from his watch.
- Behind one's opponents, or below a required threshold in terms of score, number or position.
- In a drifting condition; at the mercy of wind and waves.
- Deft, dexterous, or skillful.
- An opinion recommended or offered, as worthy to be followed; counsel.
- Deliberate consideration; knowledge.
- Information or news given; intelligence;
- In commercial language, information communicated by letter; used chiefly in reference to drafts or bills of exchange
- Counseling to perform a specific illegal act.
- In aspect-oriented programming, the code whose execution is triggered when a join point is reached.
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- information; advice; intelligence.
- An advice boat, dispatch boat.
- A Northwest Caucasian language spoken in the Republic of Adygea, in the Russian Federation.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling an aecium.
- Relating to, or characteristic of mosquitos of the genus Aedes
- A nymph of the island that bears her name.
- Short for a main belt asteroid.
- An island in Greece.
- A sea slug of the suborder .
- Living or taking place in the air.
- Made up of air or gas; gaseous.
- Positioned high up; elevated.
- Ethereal, insubstantial; imaginary.
- Pertaining to the air or atmosphere; atmospheric.
- Pertaining to a vehicle which travels through the air; airborne; relating to or conducted by means of aircraft.
- A rod, wire, or other structure for receiving or transmitting radio, television signals etc.
- A move, as in dancing or skateboarding, involving one or both feet leaving the ground.
- Aerial photography.
- To mix with air.
- To vapourise.
- In an aerial manner
- atmospherically (all senses)
- That which is done or is to be done; matter; concern; business of any kind, commercial, professional, or public; — often in the plural.
- Any proceeding or action which it is wished to refer to or characterize vaguely.
- An action or engagement not of sufficient magnitude to be called a battle.
- A material object (vaguely designated).
- An adulterous relationship (from affaire de cœur).
- A party or social gathering, especially of a formal nature.
- The (male or female) genitals.
- To agree, verify or concur; to answer positively.
- To assert positively; to tell with confidence; to aver; to maintain as true.
- To support or encourage.
- To make firm; to confirm, or ratify; especially to assert or confirm, as a judgment, decree, or order, brought before an appellate court for review.
- Away (from the home or starting point, physical or conceptual); usually preceded by far (or farther, further).
- On the field.
- Out in the open.
- Impressed with fear or apprehension; in fear.
- regretful, sorry
- A member of a Pashtun tribe.
- Occurring without the union of male and female gametes; asexual
- Any of the family Agamidae of lizards, including many dragons.
- Any of various fungi, principally of the order Agaricales, having fruiting bodies consisting of umbrella-like caps, on stalks, with numerous gills beneath.
- A dried fruiting body of a fungus formerly used in medicine, (now formerly
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time.
- Becoming elderly.
- The treating of a person or people differently from others based on assumptions or stereotypes relating to their age.
- Unfairly discriminatory against someone based on their age.
- A person who behaves in an ageist manner.
- Possible to be done; practicable.
- name, of mostly historical usage.
- A corn or sore on the toe or finger.
- Torn skin near a toenail or fingernail.
- To recognise; to acknowledge.
- an accent that accentuates a note by extending it slightly beyond its normal time value
- Lacking an angle.
- Having a magnetic deviation of zero.
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- To dress; to array.
- dress; clothing
- Characteristic of ague
- The smooth appearance of the brain in cases of lissencephaly.
- A follower of the Ahmadiyya religion (sometimes labelled a denomination of Islam).
- helpful, assisting
- Helpful, assisting, providing aid.
- An army medical corpsman attached to a field unit.
- A tip, originally of metal and often decorative, on a ribbon or cord that makes lacing two parts of a garment or garments together easier, as in corset lacings, "points" (lacing hose or trousers to jacket or doublet) or sleeves to a bodice.
- An ornament worn on clothing, consisting of a metal tag on a fringe, or a small metallic plate or spangle.
- An ailment.
- Sickly; sick; ill; unwell.
- Full of purpose.
- The act of one who aims.
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- In an airy manner; lightly; gaily; jauntily; flippantly.
- An exposure to warm or fresh air.
- A public expression of an opinion or discussion of a subject.
- Cool, breezy.
- Tending to put on airs.
- A pilot of an aircraft.
- A member of an air force.
- A person of a rank in the U.S. Air Force above Airman Basic and below Airman First Class.
- The trachea.
- A flight path used by aeroplanes.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- With a crook or bend; with the hand on the hip and elbow turned outward.
- Into, in, or of the position where the arms are akimbo.
- The loss of the ability to speak, especially due to paralysis of the vocal cords
- A historic king of the Visigoths.
- Although, despite (it) being.
- pertaining to Alcaeus, a Greek lyric poet of around 600BC; especially, of a verse meter in a four-line stanza which he supposedly invented
- alcaic verses
- name, one of the modern variants of Alicia.
- Related to, or afflicted with alexia
- A protective substance that exists in the serum or other bodily fluid and is capable of killing microorganisms; complement.
- name, transferred from the male name and used since the 1940s.
- Resembling, or characteristic of algae
- Nourishing.The American Heritage® Stedman’s Medical Dictionary
- name - The Latinized form of Alice
- To make light or less heavy; lighten; alleviate.
- To get off or exit a vehicle or animal; to descend; to dismount.
- To descend and settle, lodge, rest, or stop.
- To find by accident
- To light; light up; illuminate.
- To set light to; light.
- Lit, on fire, switched on.
- Lit; on fire, burning.
- the brightest star in Ursa Major.
- A wing-footed animal; a chiropter or a bat.
- Wing-footed; having a membrane connecting the digits.
- A fish, the allis shad (Alosa alosa).
- name, in use mainly in the 18th and 19th century.
- An alloy of aluminium, nickel and cobalt, sometimes alloyed with smaller amounts of iron, copper, titanium and used primarily in the manufacture of magnets.
- A general lack of additional, unprompted content in normal speech, a common symptom of schizophrenia.
- a species of clover with pinkish or white flowers.
- Of or pertaining to a hypothetical grouping of languages that includes the Turkic, Mongolic, and Tungusic and less often the Japanese and Korean languages. The most familiar modern languages of this group include Turkish, Mongolian and, more controversially, Japanese and Korean.
- An individual alumnus or alumna.
- A silicate of hafnium, thorium and zirconium
- Composed entirely of polished steel plates without fabric or other such covering, white.
- Polished plate armour worn uncovered by cloth.
- The absence of one or both of the mammary glands, with the nipple and areola present.
- Of, or pertaining to, an amoeba.
- Friendly, amicable.
- Someone not a party to a case who submits a brief and/or presents oral argument in that case.
- An important daily prayer that is said while standing.
- Characteristic of an amide.
- Starch modified by heat so as to become a transparent mass, like horn. It is soluble in cold water.
- The hydrochloride of the amino-phenol 2,4-diaminophenol, used as a photographic developer.
- In the midst or middle of; surrounded or encompassed by; among.
- A large city which is the capital of The Somme, France.
- inability to express oneself using gestures
- Characteristic of an amine
- Any of a class of coordination compounds in which ammonia acts as a ligand.
- Characteristic of an ammine
- The innermost membrane of the fetal membranes of reptiles, birds, and mammals; the sac in which the embryo is suspended.
- One of a pair of chemosensory sense organs positioned laterally on the head of a nematode
- The inability to comprehend or respond to music.
- Pertaining to, or derived from, amyl
- The dextrin of starch
- An amyloid polypeptide
- From the Bible Deuteronomy 1.28 A race of bigger than usual people, the sons of Anak, who were living in Canaan at the time of the arrival of Moses and the Israelites
- The sacred shield of the Ancient Romans, said to have fallen from heaven in the reign of Numa. It was the palladium of Rome.
- Of or pertaining to anemia.
- Weak; listless; lacking power, vigor, vitality, or colorfulness.
- An individual who has anemia.
- Remission of disease symptoms.
- Addition of a sentence, clause or phrase that diminishes what preceded.
- An inflammatory infection of the throat, particularly quinsy.
- Short for Angina pectoris.
- A chest pain or shortness of breath occurring with lesser degrees of arterial blockage.
- Any member of the Anguidae.
- impermanence, the doctrine claiming that all of conditioned existence, without exception, is transient. One of the three marks of existence.
- A dam made in a stream for maintaining and regulating irrigation.
- Any member of the Anilidae.
- The basic impulses and instincts which govern one's actions.
- A feeling of enmity, animosity or ill will.
- The masculine aspect of the feminine psyche or personality.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from anise
- noun Any of three isomeric univalent radicals, o-, m-, or p-methoxyphenyl, CH3O-C6H4-, derived from anisole. adj. bearing one of these radicals.
- A phyllosilicate mineral related to biotite.
- Relating to an anode.
- To smear or rub over with oil or an unctuous substance; also, to spread over, as oil.
- To apply oil to or to pour oil upon, etc., as a sacred rite, especially for consecration.
- To choose or nominate somebody for a leading or otherwise important position, especially formally or officially, or as an intended successor.
- To mark somebody as an official ruler, especially a king or queen, as a part of a religious ceremony.
- The inability to remember names.
- The difficulty in finding the right word.
- Socially disorganized, disoriented or alienated
- Alienation or social instability caused by erosion of standards and values.
- State or condition of sightlessness, often due to medical reasons.
- A rare congenital deformity where the pinna or auricle, the outer projected portion of the ear, is completely absent.
- A condition in which a tissue or environment is severely or totally deprived of oxygen, severe hypoxia.
- Suffering from a reduced supply of oxygen.
- Lacking oxygen.
- The two projecting feathered angles of the forehead of some birds; the frontal points.
- A poison obtained from the upas tree.
- The practice of some birds of rubbing live ants or occasionally other items into the feathers, possibly as a means of controlling parasites.
- A county in the north-east of Northern Ireland, also known as County Antrim.
- A town in Northern Ireland that is the administrative centre of County Antrim.
- Strange, rare, unusual.
- A condition in which the kidneys do not produce urine.
- Of, pertaining to, causing or afflicted with anuria.
- Aomori Prefecture in Tohoku area (Northern-East area) of Japan.
- A city in Aomori prefecture, Japan, the capital of Aomori prefecture.
- Pertaining to Aonia, or to the Muses, who were supposed to dwell there.
- An inhabitant of Aonia.
- A place where bees and their hives are kept.
- Of or connected with the apex.
- Situated at the growing tip of the plant or its roots, in comparison with intercalary growth situated between zones of permanent tissue.
- Produced with the tip of the tongue.
- A sound produced by obstructing the air passage with the tip of the tongue.
- Each by itself; by the single one; to each; as the share of each.
- A phenylpropene found in the essential oil (apiol) of parsley
- A branched-chain sugar 3-C-(hydroxymethyl)-D-glycerotetrose that occurs in parsley and many other plants
- A fine-grained granitic rock composed mostly of quartz and feldspars.
- Exhibiting or relating to apnea: no longer breathing
- To become impaired; to grow worse.
- Of or pertaining to (ca. 340 Ancient Roman politician who built the
- name, notably borne by (c. 95 – c. 165), a Roman historian of Greek descent
- name, notably borne by a Roman politician of the 4th and 3rd century BC, builder of the Appian Way
- A subdivision of the Early (Lower) Cretaceous epoch.
- A carbohydrate, isomeric with cane sugar, found in gum arabic.
- Mucilage, especially that made of gum arabic.
- Any member of the family the flat bugs.
- Any of a class of strong, heat-resistant synthetic fibres, used in aerospace and military applications.
- Along with Athos and Porthos, one of the Three Musketeers.
- A violet dye obtained from several species of lichen ( etc.), which grow on maritime rocks in the Canary and Cape Verde Islands, etc.
- The plant from which the dye is obtained.
- The shape or motion of something that arcs.
- Any member of the family Ardeidae, the herons, egrets and bitterns.
- melodic and song-like.
- A musical style, in opera and oratorio, that is more melodic than recitative, but less so than aria
- name, an older variant of Arlene.
- A piece of tallow or soap put in the cavity and over the bottom of a sounding lead to pick up samples of the bottom of the sea.
- The act of supplying with arms and ammunition in preparation of a conflict
- One of the red dress cloths formerly hung fore and aft outside of a ship's upper works on holidays.
- The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- Somewhere or something considered unpleasant or undesirable.
- to dispel, to drive away
- To please; to gratify.
- An obsolete Russian length unit, equal to 71.12 centimeters.
- even; not odd; said of elementary substances and radicals whose valence is divisible by two without a remainder.
- In an arty fashion.
- A person who creates art.
- A person who creates art as an occupation.
- A person who is skilled at some activity.
- A recording artist.
- person or thing without a shadow
- person or thing found close to the Equator
- Being self-derived, in contrast to being derived from or dependent on another; being self-existent, having independent existence.
- Loss of power to express, or to understand, symbols or signs of thought.
- Of or relating to asemia.
- Without semantic content; lacking meaning.
- shining; radiant
- An analytic procedure in which a sample is heated in a furnace to leave a residue of ash, either to determine the gross mineral content, or as a preparation for further analysis
- Any member of the Asilidae.
- Lack of appetite; loathing of food.
- A member of a local African military or police unit, usually one serving in a European colonial force.
- The act or process of posing a question or making a request.
- A request, or petition.
- Pertaining to, or like, an asp.
- To attack violently using words or force.
- To designate or set apart something for some purpose.
- To appoint or select someone for some office.
- To allot or give something as a task.
- To attribute or sort something into categories.
- To transfer property, a legal right, etc., from one person to another.
- To give (a value) to a variable.
- An assignee.
- A thing relating or belonging to something else; an appurtenance.
- Like an ass; stupid or obstinate; asinine.
- To stand (at a place) or to (an opinion).
- To attend
- To help.
- To make a pass that leads directly towards scoring.
- To help compensate for what is missing with the help of a medical technique or therapy.
- A helpful action or an act of giving.
- The act of helping another player score points or goals
- A decisive pass made to the goal scorer
- A defensive play, allowing a teammate to record a putout}}.
- A session or inquiry made before a court or jury.
- The verdict reached or pronouncement given by a panel of jurors.
- An assembly of knights and other substantial men, with a bailiff or justice, in a certain place and at a certain time, for public business.
- A statute or ordinance, especially one regulating weights and measures.
- Anything fixed or reduced to a certainty in point of time, number, quantity, quality, weight, measure, etc.
- Measure; dimension; size.
- To absolve, acquit; to release from blame or sin.
- To set free, release.
- To solve; to clear up.
- To expiate; to atone for.
- To remove; to put off.
- The sloth bear ( of India.
- In a state of swinging.
- ancestral, atavistic
- Lack of coordination while performing voluntary movements, which may appear to be clumsiness, inaccuracy, or instability.
- The condition of a polymer in which the orientation of the subunits is random
- Disorder; irregularity.
- Pertaining to ataxia.
- The influence of a star upon other stars or upon human beings.
- Presenting an action or event as being incomplete.
- meaning "son of Atkin (Adam)".
- the incapability of a woman to conceive and give birth to children
- Lacking muscle tone.
- Characterized by atony, or want of vital energy.
- Pertaining to or suffering from atopy.
- Of or pertaining to an atrium, especially the atrium of the heart.
- To accomplish; to achieve.
- To get at the knowledge of; to ascertain.
- To reach or come to, by progression or motion; to arrive at.
- To come or arrive, by motion, growth, bodily exertion, or efforts toward a place, object, state, etc.; to reach.
- To reach in excellence or degree; to equal.
- To overtake.
- Twisted; distorted; awry
- To blame; reproach; twit.
- that has no type; devoid of typical character; irregular; unlike the type
- A person whose mental imagery consists of sounds.
- Pertaining to hearing.
- The action of comprehending and retaining the information in speech that is heard, as opposed to merely hearing it or listening to it.
- A variety of pyroxene, usually of a black or dark green color, occurring in igneous rocks, such as basalt.
- To figure or variegate.
- Any anion of gold; any salt containing such an anion.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- An Australian.
- An Australian Shepherd dog.
- Australian dollar.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- A tax or fee imposed on foreigners under the Ottoman Empire, especially one considered to be irregular or extortionate.
- A prolamine that is the minor protein of oats.
- A house, enclosure, large cage, or other place for keeping birds confined; a birdhouse.
- To operate an aircraft.
- A tetrameric protein produced in the oviducts of birds, reptiles and amphibians and deposited in the whites of their eggs.
- In an avid manner; greedily; eagerly.
- relating to a grandfather or ancestor
- An Indo-Aryan language, usually considered a dialect of Hindi, spoken in India and Nepal.
- A native or inhabitant of Awadh in India.
- Just drawn out of the ground, and hanging perpendicularly; atrip; said of the anchor.
- For some time; for a short time.
- In the meantime; during (an implicit ongoing process).
- A rooflike cover, usually of canvas, extended over or before any place as a shelter from the sun, rain, or wind.
- That part of the poop deck which is continued forward beyond the bulkhead of the cabin.
- Containing only a single species of microorganism. For example, an "axenic culture" is a pure grown sample of the organism in question.
- Isolated from organisms of any other species.
- of Mistakenly used for the plural of
- Resembling an ax.
- Relating to axons.
- Confined to no zone or region; not local.
- of, related to, or derived from an azonic acid
- Pertaining to azote, or nitrogen; formed or consisting of azote
- Fatal to animal life.
- The bleating of a sheep.
- Spoiled or coddled.
- Like a babe; childish; babyish.
- The doctrine of a pantheistical religious sect, founded in Persia in 1844 by Mirza Ali Mohammed ibn Rabhik (1820-1850), who assumed the title of Bab-ed-Din ("Gate of the Faith"). It combines Muslim, Christian, Jewish, and Parsi elements, and forbids concubinage, polygamy, mendicancy, slave-dealing, and the use of intoxicating liquors and drugs. Precursor to the Baha'i Faith.
- A believer in Babism.
- A ride on the back of a bicycle or motorbike.
- A person of bad character in a work of fiction; in a western he will typically wear a black hat.
- Illicium verum, an evergreen Chinese shrub of the magnolia family, with aromatic seeds; Chinese anise; star anise.