Page 1 from 7
Total results: 6730
- A bushy small tree, Dodonaea viscosa, native to Hawaii, Australia, Africa, and tropical America, having sticky leaves and dark wood.Urdang, Laurence, (1984)Morris, William, (1971)
- A diminutive of the female given name Abigail.
- Accept, comply or act in accordance.
- To wait in expectation.
- To pause; to delay.
- To stay; to continue in a place; to remain stable or fixed in some state or condition; to be left.
- To have one's abode; to dwell; to reside; to sojourn.
- To endure; to remain; to last.
- To stand ready for; to await for someone; watch for.
- To endure without yielding; to withstand; await defiantly; to encounter; to persevere.
- To endure or undergo a hard trial or a task; to stand up under.
- To await submissively; accept without question; submit to.
- To bear patiently; to tolerate; to put up with; stand.
- To pay for; to stand the consequences of; to answer for; to suffer for; to atone for.
- Bogo; a Philippine fruit tree, from the family Burseraceae. 1976
- In a boil; boiling.
- Heated up; excited.
- In a boil; boiling.
- Figuratively, heated up; excited.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- Brimming, full to the brim.
- A toxin akin to ricin found in jequirity beans, Abrus precatorius.
- Like an acid, somewhat acid.
- The full attention of one's sight, hearing or other senses, as directed towards a particular object.
- Sharp and harsh, or bitter and not to the taste; pungent.
- Causing heat and irritation; corrosive.
- Caustic; bitter; bitterly irritating.
- A diminutive of the female given names Adele, Adeline, Adelaide and Addison.
- A type of affix that is attached to the outside of a stem (an existing word), to form a new word. The adfix category branches into prefixes (ones which appear before the stem) and suffixes (ones which appear after the stem).
- A farewell, a goodbye; especially a fond farewell, or a lasting or permanent farewell.
- The father of one of King David's officials (mentioned in 1 Chronicles 27:29).
- name of biblical origin.
- To mingle with something else; to mix.
- A local chapter of the Fraternal Order of Eagles.
- On fire (often metaphorically).
- A South American bird, Psophia crepitans, allied to the cranes, and easily domesticated.
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move; nimble;
- Characterised by quick motion
- Of or relating to a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- Allowing something to become older.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time
- Elderly person. Only as a collective plural in "the aging"
- Becoming elderly.
- To take to graze or pasture, at a certain sum; used originally of the feeding of cattle in the king's forests, and collecting the money for the same.
- grinning; having happiness or satisfaction apparent on one's face
- a protein involved in the formation of neuromuscular junctions during embryonic development
- form; a tidal bore.
- A semi-servile class among the Cymry.
- Having been directed towards a target.
- One who aims; one who is responsible for aiming.
- Having been uttered or spoken of, such that certain persons are aware.
- Having been broadcast, such as on television or radio.
- A framework upon which laundry is aired; a clotheshorse.
- All inanimate objects.
- A bird of the family Alcidae, including auks, auklets, razorbills, dovekies, guillemots, and puffins.
- name or Alfonso, also used as a formal given name.
- An indigenous language family of North America, comprising Wiyot, Yurok, and many Algonquian languages.
- Cold, chilly; used of low body temperature especially in connection with certain diseases such as malaria and cholera.
- Any of various gelatinous gums, derivatives of alginic acid, derived from algae.
- A primitive, subconscious belieflike attitude which may contradict one's conscious beliefs.
- To form in line; to fall into line.
- To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- To store (data) in a way that is consistent with the memory architecture, i.e. by beginning each item at an offset equal to some multiple of the word size.
- to identify with or match the behaviour, thoughts, etc of another person.
- organize a linear arrangement of DNA, RNA or protein sequences which have regions of similarity.
- Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- A group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- Any member of the Aloidae.
- A glycoside derivative of anthracene, found in aloe, that is used as a laxative.
- name; always rather rare in English.
- With full force; forcefully, violently.
- At full speed; in great haste.
- Out of control.
- To lower the topsail, in token of surrender; to yield.
- Wrong; faulty; out of order; improper or otherwise incorrect
- Mistakenly, wrongly.
- Fault; wrong; an evil act, a bad deed.
- Friendship. The cooperative and supportive relationship between people, or animals. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, affection, and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis.
- Mutual understanding and a peaceful relationship, especially between nations; peace; accord.
- An explosive consisting of ammonium nitrate, a derivative of nitrobenzene, chlorated naphthalene, and woodmeal.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- name. Also, a popular given name in the 19th century.
- A comarca in central Catalonia
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the inner ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).
- To impair or become impaired; to injure.
- Sapsucking pest insect of the superfamily Aphidoidea; an aphidian.
- A chemical compound isolated from parsley and celery, and whose aglycone is apigenin.
- Foolish imitation or mimicry.
- Resembling or characteristic of an ape.
- A support or supporter; a stay; a prop.
- The mutual bearing or support of the hand of the rider and the mouth of the horse through the bit and bridle.
- the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan; called Arbela in classical times
- Relating to division by area; relating to an attribute obtained by division by area.
- Filled with or involving rioting or riotous behaviour.
- Filled in an unrestrained manner.
- A native or resident of the state of Arkansas in the United States of America.
- A bracelet.
- An ancient astronomical instrument, having either one ring placed in the plane of the equator for determining the time of the equinoxes (an equinoctial armil) or two or more rings, one in the plane of the meridian, for observing the solstices (a solstitial armil).
- Any plant of the family Araceae, found chiefly in the tropics.
- A dish in which ingredients are set into a gelatine, jelly-like substance made from a meat stock or consommé.
- An asp, a small venomous snake of Egypt.
- A piece of ordnance carrying a 12-pound shot.
- Aspish; relating to an asp, a small venomous snake of Egypt.
- A type of round shield borne by ancient Greek soldiers
- An asp or generic venomous snake
- A prominent ring of thickened exine around a pore on a pollen grain
- In motion; characterized by motion.
- Brimming with liquid.
- Swimming or immersed (in something).
- public disgrace or stigma; infamy; loss of civil rights
- Just clear of the ground.
- Sheeted home, hoisted taut up and ready for trimming.
- Hoisted up and ready to be swayed across.
- Any member of the Attidae.
- An audience; a hearing.
- An examination in general.
- A judicial examination.
- An independent review and examination of records and activities to assess the adequacy of system controls, to ensure compliance with established policies and operational procedures, and to recommend necessary changes in controls, policies, or procedures
- The result of such an examination, or an account as adjusted by auditors; final account.
- Spiritual counseling, which forms the core of Dianetics.
- A general receptacle or receiver.
- To examine and adjust (e.g. an account).
- To conduct an independent review and examination of system records and activities in order to test the adequacy and effectiveness of data security and data integrity procedures, to ensure compliance with established policy and operational procedures, and to recommend any necessary changes
- To counsel spiritually.
- To attend an academic class on a not-for-academic-credit basis.
- Of or pertaining to a royal court; courtly.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a palace.
- A ceremony at some European universities to confer a Doctor of Divinity degree.
- Pertaining to the reproductive ducts of certain organisms.
- Of or pertaining to trivalent gold.
- Of, or pertaining to the ear; aural
- Pertaining to an aura.
- A red colouring matter derived from phenol. Used as an indicator.
- A class of plant growth substance (often called phytohormones or plant hormones) which play an essential role in coordination of many growth and behavioral processes in the plant life cycle.
- To turn to the advantage of.
- To be of service to.
- To promote; to assist.
- To be of use or advantage; to answer or serve the purpose; to have strength, force, or efficacy sufficient to accomplish the object.
- To provide; to make available.
- Benefit; value, profit; advantage toward success.
- Effect in achieving a goal or aim; purpose, use (now usually in negative constructions).
- Proceeds; profits from business transactions.
- Effort; striving.
- An advertising slot or package.
- A press avail.
- Non-binding notice of availability for work.
- A readily available stock of oil.
- To survey, observe; to view.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- To keep away from; to keep clear of; to endeavor not to meet; to shun; to abstain from.
- To make empty; to clear.
- To make void, to annul; to refute (especially a contract).
- To defeat or evade; to invalidate. Thus, in a replication, the plaintiff may deny the defendant's plea, or confess it, and avoid it by stating new matter.
- To emit or throw out; to void
- To leave, evacuate; to leave as empty, to withdraw or come away from.
- To get rid of.
- To retire; to withdraw, depart, go away.
- To become void or vacant.
- Sushi made from abalone.
- To wait for.
- To expect.
- To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for.
- To serve or attend; to wait on, wait upon.
- To watch, observe.
- To wait; to stay in waiting.
- A waiting for; ambush.
- Watching, watchfulness, suspicious observation.
- On the wing; flying; fluttering.
- Of or pertaining to an axis; of the nature of, or resembling, an axis; around an axis.
- Belonging to the axis of the body, or to the axis of any appendage or organ
- In the same direction as the axis, parallel to the axis.
- A flight feather that appears between the primaries and secondaries on some birds.
- A plane parallel to the surface of a tooth.
- Situated in the axis of anything; as an embryo which lies in the axis of a seed.
- An assault carried out with an axe.
- A type of smokeless gunpowder
- Terminal branch of an axon
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- Of or pertaining to weight, especially to the weight or pressure of the atmosphere as measured by a barometer.
- Of or pertaining to barium.
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- form of (a tanned sheepskin)
- To make dim; to obscure or darken.
- A thin, often flavored, Indian cigarette made of tobacco wrapped in a tendu leaf.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- To furnish or cover with a wig; put a wig on.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- A Central Indo-Aryan language spoken in west-central India.
- Upper arm muscle which bends the elbow. Usage note: Certain authors spell the singular of this word biceps.
- A region of the Philippines located at south-eastern Luzon.
- The language of the native inhabitants of the region.
- The inhabitants of the region.
- The ability to detect whether or not a person is bisexual by observing that person.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- Cleft; divided into two lobes.
- Something large in size in comparison to similar things.
- Something impressive in comparison to similar things.
- Big deal, usually in used in the negative.
- A measure of land in India, varying from a third of an acre to an acre.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- Habitable, liveable; hence delightful, pleasant, pleasing.
- Strongly, with great force.
- In a blustering or boastful manner; haughtily, pompously.
- One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
- One who is strongly partial to his or her own group (e.g. religion, race, ethnicity, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.
- A person whose lifestyle is centered on motorcycles, sometimes a member of an outlaw motorcycle club.
- A motorcyclist who is a member of a club; a biker.
- Containing, or resembling, bilge.
- name derived from Bill, the diminutive of William.
- The “holy dot” traditionally worn on the forehead of married Hindu women.
- Makeup or jewellery worn in imitation of such a dot.
- A tiny, sharp-needled seed often found on the ground in the bush.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A bit, or binary digit.
- A large barbel ( found in the Nile.
- Any carbohydrate having two carbon atoms; in reality - glycolaldehyde
- The living organisms of a region.
- An animal, being or construction that goes about on two feet (or two legs).
- Any of various trees of the genus Betula, native to countries in the Northern Hemisphere.
- A hard wood taken from the birch tree, typically used to make furniture.
- A stick, rod or bundle of twigs made from birch wood, used for punishment.
- A birch-bark canoe.
- to punish with a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- to punish as though one were using a stick, bundle of twigs, or rod made of birch wood.
- Resembling or characteristic of a bird.
- Excited due to having encountered a bird or its scent.
- bristling, bristly (of an animal such as a wolf or a bear).
- The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- An instance of childbirth.
- A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- That which is born.
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- To bear or give birth to (a child).
- To produce, give rise to.
- A female dog or other canine, particularly a recent mother.
- A despicable or disagreeable, aggressive person, typically a woman or man considered effeminate in some way.
- A submissive person, often female, who does what others want; a slave.
- A complaint, especially when the complaint is unjustified.
- A difficult or confounding problem.
- A queen (playing card), particularly the queen of spades in the card game of hearts.
- Something unforgiving and unpleasant.
- Place; situation
- To behave or act as a bitch.
- To criticize spitefully, often for the sake of complaining rather than in order to have the problem corrected.
- To spoil, to ruin.
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- A frame composed of two strong oak timbers (bitt-heads) fixed vertically in the fore part of a ship, bolted to the deck beams to which are secured the cables when the ship rides to anchor
- Containing bits; fragmented.
- Very small.
- A small tent or shelter.
- To erect, or to stay in such a tent or shelter
- An apocarotenoid that is the active ingredient of annatto.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A gust of wind and rain.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- A diminutive of the female given name Roberta.
- A railway carriage.
- A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- various hostile supernatural creatures, especially a ghost.
- of: the wheels under a locomotive, railcar, or semi.
- an unknown or hostile aircraft.
- a booger.
- a score of one over par on a hole.
- a cigarette.
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- A meteor or brilliant shooting star, followed by a train of light or sparks; especially one which explodes.
- Of, pertaining to, or containing the element boron.
- An animal of the family Bovidae (such as the antelope, gazelle, goat, and sheep).
- To make a sudden movement with, to jerk.
- To start into motion.
- To weave together, intertwine (strands of fibers, ribbons, etc.); to arrange (hair) in braids.
- To mix, or make uniformly soft, by beating, rubbing, or straining, as in preparing food.
- To reproach; to upbraid.
- A sudden movement; a jerk, a wrench.
- A weave of three or more strands of fibers, ribbons, cords or hair often for decoration.
- A fancy; freak; caprice.
- A small rope used to truss up sails.
- A thong of soft leather to bind up a hawk's wing.
- A stock at each end of a seine to keep it stretched.
- To reef, shorten or strike sail using brails.
- Something (usually money) given in exchange for influence or as an inducement to dishonesty.
- That which seduces; seduction; allurement.
- To give a bribe to; specifically, to ask a person to do something, usually against his/her will, in exchange for some type of reward or relief from potential trouble.
- To gain by a bribe; to induce as by a bribe.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty.
- The sea
- Full of liveliness and activity; characterized by quickness of motion or action; lively; spirited; quick.
- Full of spirit of life; effervescing
- Stimulating or invigorating.
- Abrupt, curt in one's manner or in relation to others.
- To make or become lively; to enliven; to animate.
- form of (ritual circumcision)
- To cook by direct, radiant heat. (British: grill)
- To expose to great heat.
- To be exposed to great heat.
- Food prepared by broiling.
- to cause a rowdy disturbance; embroil
- (obsolete) to brawl
- A brawl; a rowdy disturbance.
- To form (something) by combining materials or parts.
- To develop or give form to (something) according to a plan or process.
- To increase or strengthen (something) by adding gradually to.
- To establish a basis for (something).
- To form by combining materials or parts.
- To develop in magnitude or extent.
- To construct (software) by compiling its source code.
- To be constructed by compilation of source code, usually with minimal human intervention.
- The physique of a human body; constitution or structure of a human body.
- Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- Any structure, such as a building, statue, pool or forest, created by the player.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- A small dwelling characteristic of the frontier, especially when built from logs with simple tools and not constructed by professional builders, but by those who meant to live in it.
- A chalet or lodge, especially one that can hold large groups of people.
- A compartment on land, usually composed of logs.
- A private room on a ship.
- The interior of a boat, enclosed to create a small room, particularly for sleeping.
- The passenger area of an airplane.
- The section of a passenger plane having the same class of service.
- A signal box.
- A small room; an enclosed place.
- To place in a cabin.
- To live in, or as if in, a cabin; to lodge.
- A Scottish errand boy, porter, or messenger.
- An old Tunisian dry measure, equal to 496 litres.
- A travelling tinker; a tramp, or sturdy beggar.
- A rounded or conical heap of stones erected by early inhabitants of the British Isles, apparently as a sepulchral monument.
- A pile of stones heaped up as a landmark, to guide travelers on land or at sea, or to arrest attention, as in surveying, or in leaving traces of an exploring party, etc.
- A cairn terrier.
- A light, loose dress or robe.
- Any member of the family Canidae, including dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes and jackals.
- Any member of the Caridae.
- A 20th century spelling variant of Cathy, diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- A diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- A diminutive of the female given name Caitlin.
- To criticise for petty or frivolous reasons.
- A petty or trivial objection or criticism.
- Any member of the Cebidae.
- Containing cerium with valence four.
- Relating to wax.
- A triterpene found in cork.
- A small South American subspecies of tiger cat ( native to Argentina and Paraguay.
- A unit of weight equal to 200 kg (441 lbs.).
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 180 okas.
- A former Turkish unit of weight equal to 100 dirhems (variously .15–.35 kg).
- a capital city of Chiba prefecture, Japan.
- To admonish in blame; to reproach angrily.
- To utter words of disapprobation and displeasure; to find fault; to contend angrily.
- To make a clamorous noise; to chafe.
- A leader or head of a group of people, organisation, etc.
- The top part of a shield or escutcheon.
- Primary; principal.
- To smoke cannabis.
- The edge of a cask, etc; a chine.
- A musical instrument producing a sound when struck, similar to a bell (e.g. a tubular metal bar) or actually a bell. Often used in the plural to refer to the set: the chimes.
- An individual ringing component of such a set.
- A small bell or other ringing or tone-making device as a component of some other device.
- The sound of such an instrument or device.
- A small hammer or other device used to strike a bell.
- To make the sound of a chime.
- To cause to sound in harmony; to play a tune, as upon a set of bells; to move or strike in harmony.
- To utter harmoniously; to recite rhythmically.
- To agree; to correspond.
- To make a rude correspondence of sounds; to jingle, as in rhyming.
- A chine; the edge of a cask.
- To review each image on a digital camera after it is taken.
- To get very excited when showing images on a digital camera.
- To become happier.
- To make happier.
- To make the sound of a bird; to chirp.
- lively; cheerful; in good spirits
- Collective noun for goldfinch.
- A din or confused noise, as of many voices, birdsong, etc.
- To chirp or to make a mournful cry, as a bird does.
- A short, sharp or high note or noise, as of a bird or insect.
- A pulse of signal whose frequency sweeps through a band of frequencies for the duration of the pulse.
- to make a short, sharp, cheerful note, as of small birds or crickets
- to speak in a high-pitched staccato
- To modify (a pulse of signal) so that it sweeps through a band of frequencies throughout its duration.
- To make the prolonged trilling sound of an insect (e.g. a grasshopper, a cicada).
- The trilled sound made by an insect.
- A hunt or chase.
- A hunting cry.
- To vex or harass with petty attacks.
- To maneuver or secure gradually.
- To scurry.
- An unsharpened section of a knife blade in front of the guard on the blade
- The indentation of a pocket-knife blade where it joins the tang
- A short-sleeved blouse worn under a sari; an Indian underbodice.
- A diminutive of the male given names Christopher and, less commonly, of Christian.
- A diminutive of the female name Christina and of its variant forms.
- A perennial onion plant, Allium fistulosum, commonly called Welsh onion.
- An alcoholic, often sparkling (carbonated) beverage made from fermented apples; hard cider; apple cider
- A non-alcoholic still beverage consisting of the (usually unfiltered and still containing pulp) juice of early-harvest apples; apple cider; sweet cider;
- A non-alcoholic carbonated beverage made from apples.
- A non-alcoholic drink, normally carbonated; equivalent to soft drink.
- A cup, glass or serving of any of these beverages.
- A simple saddle girth used in Mexico.
- Something that is very easy to do.
- A firm hold.
- To bring to certain conclusion.
- To tighten down.
- A variety of auction pitch in which a draw to improve the hand is added, and the five of trumps (called "right Pedro") and the five of the same colour (called "left Pedro", and ranking between the five and the four of trumps) are each worth five. Fifty-one points make a game.
- In the game of cinch, to protect (a trick) by playing a higher trump than the five.