Page 1 from 8
Total results: 7476
- A city and port in Denmark, in Northern Jutland; the fourth-largest city in Denmark and capital of Region Nordjylland.
- One who uses an abacus in casting accounts; a calculator.
- One who steals and drives away cattle or beasts by herds or droves; a cattle rustler.
- Alternative form of Ibadite.
- ivory black or animal charcoal.
- Anything forfeited or confiscated.
- Embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.
- Grass and sprigs beaten or trampled down by a stag passing through them.
- Of a side that is facing away from the axis or central line, such as the underside of a leaf; or the back of an animal.
- A member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled from Baghdad, from about 750 to 1250, claiming ancestry of Abbas.
- Of or relating to the Abbasid caliphs.
- The office, tenure, estate, or jurisdiction of an abbot.
- One that abets an offender; one that incites; instigates; encourages.
- A supporter or advocate.
- Being in a state of abeyance.
- A unit of capacitance equal to one billion (109) farads, used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units
- A unit of inductance equal to one billionth (1 x 10-9) of a henry, used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units.
- Continuing or persisting in the same state; lasting; enduring.
- The action of one who abides; the state of an abider.
- An abode.
- The de facto capital and largest city of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Of or relating to Abidjan.
- Of the style prevalent in Abidjan.
- Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from fir trees.
- Of or pertaining to abietic acid or its derivatives.
- A thief who steels livestock in large quantities.
- A region of Syria south and southeast of Damascus.
- A city of west-central Texas west-southwest of Fort Worth; founded in 1881 with the coming of the railroad, the city first prospered as a shipping center for cattle.
- A city in Kansas
- Belonging to a prehistoric culture of central Texas, characterized by oval grinding stones.
- Nonliving, inanimate, characterised by the absence of life; of inorganic matter.
- Tending to inhibit or destroy life; antibiotic; incompatible with life.
- The illegitimate child of an unmarried woman and a married man.
- A geographic region in Quebec within Abitibi-Témiscamingue.
- An Algonquin people of Ontario.
- A member of the Abitibi people.
- Not giving the biuret reaction; showing that it does not contain biuret. 1976
- To form by cutting off as a protrusion from a parent cell.
- To separate from the hypha of a fungus by the formation of a septum.
- To confiscate by judicial decision.
- Having been renounced, forsworn or rejected.
- A material that ablates, vaporizes, wears away, burns off, erodes, or abrades.
- Washing away; carrying off impurities; detergent.
- A detergent.
- Counsel; advisor; councilor; barrister.
- To end a law, system, institution, custom or practice.
- To put an end to or destroy, as a physical object; to wipe out.
- Brought forth prematurely.
- Checked in normal development at an early stage.
- Rendered abortive or sterile; undeveloped.
- One who or that which aborts.
- One who has an abortion.
- An extract manufactured from the bacterium and is used to study contagious abortions in cattle.
- A village on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt which contains several ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman structures.
- A bay outside this village, at the mouth of the Nile, where on 1 August 1798 a British fleet led by defeated the French in the
- Something that abrades; a tool or machine for abrading.
- A primitive artifact made of sandstone used for smoothing, sharpening, or shaping.
- One of the Archons who follows Sabaoth when he leaves the ranks of the Demiurge to become an aeon alongside Sophia.
- A gem engraved with the word Abrasax or Abraxas.
- A tool or machine for abrading; abrader.
- To eliminate previously repressed emotions by reliving past experiences.
- Side by side and facing forward.
- Alongside; parallel to.
- Informed, well-informed, familiar, acquainted.
- Followed by of or with: up to a certain level or line; equally advanced.
- Side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam.
- At the same time; simultaneously.
- Side by side, facing forward.
- Alongside; parallel to.
- Informed, well-informed, familiar, acquainted.
- Up to a certain level or line; equally advanced
- Side by side; also, opposite; over against; on a line with the vessel's beam.
- Abreast of; alongside. 1976
- To deprive; to cut off.
- To debar from.
- To make shorter; to shorten in duration or extent.
- To shorten or contract by using fewer words, yet retaining the sense; to epitomize; to condense
- Cut short; truncate.
- To curtail.
- To set abroach; to let out, as liquor; to broach; to tap.
- Broached; in a condition for letting out or yielding liquor, as a cask which is tapped.
- In a state to be diffused or propagated; afoot; astir.
- Tapped; broached.
- Astir; moving about.
- Abstinence from food.
- Wasting away as a result of abstinence from food.
- A former mountainous region of central Italy that borders the Adriatic Sea; properly Abruzzi e Molise; now separated into Abruzzo and Molise.
- The third son of David, king of Israel.
- A cavity caused by tissue destruction, usually because of infection, filled with pus and surrounded by inflamed tissue.
- To form a pus filled cavity typically from an infection.
- To cut off.
- To separate by means of abscission; to shed or drop off.
- To cut off by abscission.
- To separate (as a leaf from a twig) by abscission.
- To hide, to be in hiding or concealment.
- To flee, often secretly; to steal away, particularly to avoid arrest or prosecution.
- To withdraw from.
- To conceal; to take away.
- To evade, to hide or flee from.
- Keep or withhold oneself.
- Refrain from (something); hold oneself aloof; to forbear or keep from doing, especially an indulgence of the passions or appetites.
- Deliberately refrain from casting one's vote at a meeting where one is present.
- Hinder; keep back; withhold.
- In a state of excitement, agitated activity, or motion.
- Bubbling over with excitement.
- Improper or incorrect use of language.
- Misuse, abuse.
- Abuse of the truth; deceit, lying.
- Violation of law or propriety; outrage, improper behaviour.
- Physical, mental, verbal, or sexual abuse.
- Wrongly used; perverted; misapplied; unjust; illegal.
- Full of abuses; practicing abuse; containing abuse, or serving as the instrument of abuse.
- Prone to ill treat by coarse, insulting words or by other ill usage; vituperative; reproachful; scurrilous.
- Tending to deceive; fraudulent.
- Given to misusing; also, full of abuses.
- Given to misusing.
- Being physically injurious; characterized by repeated violence.
- The butting or boundary of land, particularly at the end; buttals.
- An abutment.
- The act of abutting.
- One who, or that which, abuts, specifically, the owner of a contiguous estate.
- Pertaining to, or resembling an abyss; unending; profound; fathomless; immeasurable.
- Bottomless; extremely bad.
- Belonging to, or resembling, an abyss; unfathomable.
- Of or belonging to the ocean depths, especially below 2000 metres (6500 ft): abyssal zone.
- Pertaining to or occurring at excessive depths in the earth's crust; plutonic.
- Tasting sour or bitter.
- Sharp, harsh, biting.
- In an acerb manner.
- An athlete who performs acts requiring skill, agility and coordination.
- Able to be acted, as by an actor.
- Capable of being added.
- To allow in; to admit.
- To administer (something, such as a remedy).
- To affix.
- The curve on a graph of pressure and temperature which gives the adiabatic heating or cooling of a gas.
- aerobic organisms, but especially aerobic bacteria; aerobes
- Receiving others kindly and conversing with them in a free and friendly manner; friendly, courteous, sociable.
- Mild; benign.
- in an affable manner
- Capable of being aged; suitable for ageing.
- Getting on in years; fairly old.
- Qualifying for financial aid.
- Capable of being rectified with a hearing aid.
- Capable of being aimed.
- Suitable for broadcast.
- A waybill for cargo being shipped by air.
- A flat-bottomed boat driven by an in-air propeller and used in shallow water.
- name, a feminine form of Albert.
- A binary star in the constellation Cygnus; Beta (β) Cygni.
- Of or relating to the mineral albite.
- An early chemical apparatus, consisting of two retorts connected by a tube, used to purify substances by distillation
- A yellow supergiant in the constellation Perseus; Alpha (α) Persei.
- A variable star in the constellation Pegasus; Gamma (γ) Pegasi. It forms one corner of the square of Pegasus.
- Any form of an element having a different isotopic composition to that of the natural element, and thus a different atomic weight
- Indirect or roundabout ways of talking; circumlocution.
- Indirect or roundabout routes or directions.
- A large shrub or small tree found in and around water in the African tropics, formerly used to make rafts due to its extremely lightweight wood.
- A raft made from bundles of the stems of this plant.
- Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping.
- Evoking or creating an atmosphere: atmospheric.
- Relating to, or suitable for, storage at room temperature.
- Containing objects or describing a setting that one is interested in.
- Something that surrounds; encompassing material, substance or shape.
- The atmosphere; the surrounding air or sky; atmospheric components collectively such as air, clouds, water vapour, hail, etc.
- A type of modern music which incorporates elements of various musical styles, and creates a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
- Of glass: covered with stony speckles, symptoms of incipient devitrification.
- the range of a melody, especially those of ecclesiastical chants
- The exterior edge or border of a thing, such as a leaf or shell.
- A canvassing for votes.
- The act of one who ambles.
- A south-east Asian tree,
- The reddish, mottled or striped wood of this tree, used in cabinetmaking
- A fragrant substance derived from ambergris, used in the perfume industry.
- A form of resinite found in New Zealand coal seams.
- Two ones; the lowest throw at dice; a pair of aces.
- Bad luck, worthlessness.
- Resembling, or characteristic of an amoeba
- Friendly; kind; sweet; gracious
- Of a pleasant an likeable nature; kind-hearted; easy to like
- In an amiable manner; in a friendly or pleasant manner.
- Any member of the Amoebidae.
- Any of various drab-colored South American birds of the family Thamnophilidae that feed on ants.
- A resort town on the Côte d'Azur in the Alpes-Maritimes department of southeastern France.
- Serving to kill or repel bugs (insects).
- Serving to counteract bugs (surveillance devices).
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- A person of some consideration or standing.
- A place name.
- Historical county town of Westmoreland, UK.
- Village in North Lincolnshire, UK.
- Any number of settlements named after those in Britain.
- from the English place name.
- A teetotaler; one who does not consume alcohol.
- An idiom characteristic of the Arabic language.
- A scholar who studies Arab or Arabic culture, politics, or language.
- One who followed the Arabic system of medicine or (more broadly) scholarship.
- One that wants to spread Arabic culture; an Arab nationalist.
- Pertaining to Arabism; medieval Arabic scholarship.
- Pertaining to the study of Arabic language or culture.
- Pertaining to Arab nationalism; promoting Arab interests.
- To make Arab; to give Arab traits to.
- Any of the trees of three species in the genus (family Fabaceae), especially, a Brazilian tree ( -- called also zebrawood.
- Any of several trees of the genus (syn. usually with heavy dark red wood.
- The wood of an arariba tree.
- A person appointed, or chosen, by parties to determine a controversy between them; an arbitrator.
- A person or object having the power of judging and determining, or ordaining, without control; one whose power of deciding and governing is not limited.
- A component in circuitry that allocates scarce resources.
- To act as arbiter.
- A wooden crossbow with a special drawing mechanism, used to fire bolts, stones etc.
- Furnished with an arbor; lined with trees.
- A small tree or shrub.
- A grove, shrubbery or arbour
- A glycoside of hydroquinone, found in bearberry, that is used to treat some diseases of the urinary tract
- A bone in the arm, specifically, the humerus.
- An acrid oil obtained from wood soot.
- To attribute a cause or characteristic to someone or something.
- To attribute a book, painting or any work of art or literature to a writer or creator.
- a city in Georgia, USA
- Capable of being stated as a question.
- Capable of being consulted for an answer.
- Not stable.
- Having multiple states, none of which is stable.
- Set in a tumbling motion.
- succession to the goods of a stranger not naturalized
- An achondrite composed mostly of enstatite
- Able to be heard.
- To change the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- The act of or an instance of changing the play at the line of scrimmage by yelling out a new one.
- In context of possibility of being heard; in an audible manner.
- A motor vehicle operating as a cab, as opposed to earlier horse-drawn cabs.
- A pagan religion centred on the worship of Baal.
- A worshiper of Baal; a member of the pagan religion of Baalism.
- A worshipper of Baal; a member of the pagan religion of Baalism.
- Someone who babbles.
- Any of several passerine birds, of the families Timaliidae (found in Asia, Africa) and Pomatostomidae (found in Australia).
- A hound who is too noisy on finding a good scent.
- Thong(s) of rawhide or sinew used as cord, lacing, or webbing, in the manufacture of snowshoes, braided straps and tumplines, fishing and harpoon lines, knit bags, etc.
- Administrative bureaucracy, or red tape, in India.
- A malapropism produced by an Indian speaking English.
- The act of coddling or pampering somebody.
- Like a baby; childish; puerile; simple.
- The state of being a baby.
- A babyish manner of acting or speaking.
- Pulpy throughout, like a berry; said of fruits.
- Looking like a berry.
- Producing berries.
- Dionysus, the Greek god of wine and vivid social gatherings.
- A piece of excavating equipment consisting of a digging bucket or scoop on the end of an articulated arm, drawn backwards to move earth.
- A multi-purpose tractor with a front-mounted loading bucket and a rear-mounted digging bucket.
- To excavate using such equipment.
- Support, especially financial.
- A liner or other material added behind or underneath.
- Musicians and vocalists who support the main performer
- That which provides support for the main performer
- lit or illuminated from behind
- An accumulation or buildup, especially of unfilled orders or unfinished work.
- In visual novels, a log containing text previously read.
- A reserve source or supply.
- A large log to burn at the back of a fire.
- To acquire something as a backlog, or to become a backlog
- A handsaw that has a reinforcement along its back edge.
- A check; a relapse; a discouragement; a setback.
- Whatever is thrown back in its course, such as water.
- To plow again in the fall; said of prairie land broken up in the spring.
- A pig raised to produce bacon.
- A bone found in the penis of some mammals.
- A small rod-like structure found in spores and pollen.
- A province of Spain, in the autonomous region of Extremadura.
- The capital city of this province.
- Somewhat bad; of a quality between mediocre and bad.
- An effeminate or womanish man.
- One who is bad; a worthless person.
- A brood, group, or flock of ducks.
- A rogue, ruffian or miscreant.
- The quality of being bad.
- thoroughly confused, puzzled
- having baffles
- Something that causes one to be baffled, particularly a difficult puzzle or riddle.
- The residue from processing sugar cane after the juice is extracted.
- Luggage; traveling equipment
- Factors, especially psychological ones, which interfere with a person's ability to function effectively.
- A woman.
- An army's portable equipment; its baggage train.
- A two-masted Arab or Indian trading vessel, used in the Indian Ocean.
- In a loose baggy manner
- The act of putting anything into a bag.
- Cloth or other material for bags.
- Use of BVM to ventilate a patient.
- peak bagging
- bootstrap aggregating
- bootstrap aggregating
- The capital of, and largest city in Iraq, situated in the center of the country on the Tigris river; an ancient city and historical center of the Muslim world.
- A city of Afghanistan, name of Baghlan Province
- The language of the Baguirmi people of Chad, spoken mainly in the Chari-Baguirmi Prefecture.
- A family of languages which includes the Bagirmi language as well as Naba, Kenga, Fer, Beraku, Disa and Goulai.
- Resembling a bag or some aspect of one.
- A Philippine condiment made from fermented fish or shrimps.
- of (normally used in plural)
- To play the bagpipes.
- To lay (the mizzen) aback by bringing the sheet to the mizzen rigging.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- A member of the family Psychidae of the Lepidoptera.
- Eastern tent caterpillar.
- Fall webworm.
- A warrior, especially a Mongol.
- country in the Middle East. Official name: Kingdom of Bahrain.
- The act by which something is bailed.
- A microstructure of steel consisting of needle-like particles of cementite embedded in a ferrite matrix.
- Bairnlike; childish.
- A bloodsport involving the act of worrying or tormenting a chained or confined animal by setting dogs upon it.
- The act of luring, as into a trap.
- A small copper coin once used in the Roman states.
- To heat a material in a vacuum in order to drive off volatile components
- The act of undertaking this process
- Any member of the Balanidae.
- A freshwater lake in Hungary, the largest lake in Central Europe, and one of the region's foremost tourist destinations.
- An accessible structure extending from a building, especially outside a window.
- An accessible structure overlooking a stage or the like.
- Somewhat bald; balding.
- A piece of pork cut lower down than the sparerib, and destitute of fat.
- A belt used to hold a sword, sometimes richly ornamented, worn diagonally from shoulder to hip.
- name; rather rare in English.
- Stanley Baldwin, British Prime Minister.
- King Baldwin IV, ruler of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem before the takeover of Saladin in 1187. He died in 1185 of complications of the socially unacceptable disease of leprosy. Also known as the leper king.
- A town in Florida.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city in Iowa.
- A town in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan
- A town and a hamlet in New York.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A town and village in Wisconsin.
- A reddish, moderately acid, winter apple.
- Master of the house, head of the household, host.
- House owner, homeowner.
- Boss, person in charge (of anything).
- Important man, bourgeoisie.
- Layman, congregant, non-clergy.
- Portending evil; ominous.
- Miserable, wretched, distressed, suffering.
- A town/village in New Zealand.
- A in North Carolina.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- One of two villages in Scotland.
- One of two towns in South Africa.
- A geographical region in the southeast of Europe, roughly equivalent to the area covered by Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia (and Kosovo), sometimes including Romania and Slovenia.
- A frustration or disappointment; a check.
- A town in Utah.
- bailey (fortification)
- An inflatable buoyant object, often (but not necessarily) round and flexible.
- Such an object as a child’s toy.
- Such an object designed to transport people through the air.
- A sac inserted into part of the body for therapeutic reasons; such as angioplasty.
- A speech bubble.
- A type of glass cup, sometimes used for brandy.
- A ball or globe on the top of a pillar, church, etc.
- A round vessel, usually with a short neck, to hold or receive whatever is distilled; a glass vessel of a spherical form.
- A bomb or shell.
- A game played with a large inflated ball.
- The outline enclosing words represented as coming from the mouth of a pictured figure.
- A woman’s breast.
- To increase or expand rapidly.
- To go up or voyage in a balloon.
- To take up in, or as if in, a balloon.
- To inflate like a balloon.
- A parachute that incorporates a toroidal balloon
- Of or pertaining to baths or to bathing
- A type of sausage; bologna.
- Like balsam, as of balsam.
- A city (and also a district) in Bavaria, Germany
- A city in South Carolina
- In a banal, trite or boring manner.
- A market town and civil parish on the River Cherwell in Oxfordshire.
- A fabric made in Manila from the older leaf sheaths of the abaca (Musa textilis).
- A large kerchief, usually colourful and used either as headgear or as a handkerchief, neckerchief, bikini, or sweatband.
- A style of calico printing, in which white or bright spots are produced upon cloth previously dyed a uniform red or dark colour, by discharging portions of the color by chemical means, while the rest of the cloth is under pressure.
- a box of lightweight construction (e.g. cardboard, thin wood) for carrying hats or other apparel items
- a small baseball park conducive to scoring home runs
- A band for the hair.
- A band.
- A narrow, tight bra, especially when strapless; hence, ant women's top made from a similar band of fabric.
- The energy difference between two allowed ranges of electron energy in a solid; especially the difference between the energies of the valence band and the conduction band.
- A pattern of band-like markings.
- A technique used in the study of wild birds, by attaching a small, individually numbered, metal or plastic tag to their legs or wings.
- A stringed instrument similar in form to a guitar; a pandore.
- A capital city of the West Java Province, Indonesia.
- A Ukrainian plucked stringed instrument with a tear-shaped body, like an asymmetrical lute or a vertical zither, played with both hands while held upright on the lap.
- Exceedingly harmful; causing harm, death, ruin.
- Deadly or sinister.
- Portending disaster.
- The action of the verb to bang.
- Excellent, brilliant, very exciting, top, great.
- Huge; great in size.
- The capital of Thailand. Also known as “Krung Thep” or “Krungthep” (
- A community usually described as nomadic people from the northwestern belt of the Indian subcontinent.
- The business of managing a bank.
- The occupation of managing or working in a bank.
- A horizontal turn.
- A mechanical component to prevent vibration in a timepiece, etc.
- A large celebratory meal; a feast.
- A dessert; a course of sweetmeats.
- To participate in a banquet; to feast.
- To have dessert after a feast.
- To treat with a banquet or sumptuous entertainment of food; to feast.
- A wild ox, found in Borneo, Malaysia and the Indochina peninsula.
- Full of banter or good-humored raillery.
- Of or relating to a putative branch of the Benue-Congo branch of the Niger-Congo language family.
- A Christian sacrament, by which one is received into a church and sometimes given a name, generally involving the candidate to be anointed with or submerged in water.
- A similar ceremony of initiation, purification or naming.
- To perform the sacrament of baptism by sprinkling or pouring water over someone or immersing them in water.
- To dedicate or christen.
- Of rum, brandy, or any other spirits, to dilute with water.
- To ensure proper burning of a joint by moistening the exterior with saliva.
- a city in Wisconsin, USA
- Any of various Jewish traditions that are not included in the Mishnah
- A set of organisms descended from some originally created species (based on the Biblical doctrine of Special Creation); a kind.
- bearded; having long thin hairs
- A wide steel bar with premeasured weights affixed to either end, with the central span open for the hands of the weightlifter.
- Small models of fruit or flowers made from barbotine
- Any of the secondary barbs that form a fringe of small projections on a feather
- An arc-shaped sand ridge comprised of well-sorted sand.
- Armour for a warhorse.
- Pertaining to, or written by, a bard or bards.
- The system of bards; the learning and maxims of bards.
- Barents Sea
- The regions of Norway and Russia that border the Barents Sea.
- An agreement between parties concerning the sale of property; or a contract by which one party binds himself to transfer the right to some property for a consideration, and the other party binds himself to receive the property and pay the consideration.
- An agreement or stipulation; mutual pledge.
- An item (usually brand new) purchased for significantly less than the usual, or recommended, price; also (when not qualified), a gainful transaction; an advantageous purchase.
- The thing stipulated or purchased.
- To make a bargain; to make a deal or contract for the exchange of property or services; to negotiate
- To transfer for a consideration; to barter; to trade
- Lacking bars
- Lacking a bar
- The smallest pig in a litter; runt.
- A pole.
- A woman who serves in a bar.
- The battlement on the exterior fortification of a castle in northern England and parts of Scotland; a barbican.
- A court held in Derbyshire, England, for deciding controversies between miners.
- originally, a lively and fast-paced dance; by extension, any quick and uneven movement.
- name, from the medieval vernacular form of Barnabas.
- The amount that can fit in a barn
- A hereditary title, below a peerage and senior to most knighthoods, entitling the bearer to the titular prefix "Sir" (for men) or "Dame" (for women) which is used in conjunction with the holder's Christian name. It is inheritable, usually by the eldest son, although a few baronetcies can also pass through the female line.
- The state or quality of being a baron
- A post sunk in the ground to receive the bars closing a passage into a field.
- the exclusion of someone; blackballing
- Unless something happens; excepting; in the absence of
- Traversed by barrulets or small bars.
- To tend a bar; to act as a barman.
- Drinking utensils that lack a stem, such as beer mugs.
- The red wood of a leguminous African tree, used as a dyewood and for ramrods, violin bows and turner's work.
- Of or pertaining to baryta.
- A viol-like stringed instrument (chordophone) mainly played with a bow but with a set of plucked strings as well, originating in European music prior to the 1800s.
- A player positioned at or near a base: first baseman, second baseman or third baseman.
- Shy; not liking to be noticed; socially timid.
- Indicating bashfulness.
- An instance of bashing; a physical attack.
- A protective cone-shaped hood with lappets for wrapping around the neck, used especially by Turks and Cossacks.
- Of, pertaining to, or located at a base, but especially at the base of the skull or a lung.
- Lower; inferior; base.
- A basilica.
- royal; kingly
- Relating to certain parts, anciently supposed to have a specially important function in the animal economy, such as the basilic vein.
- of or relating to a basin
- Enclosed in a basin.
- The act of one who basks.
- A guild of legal clerks in pre-revolutionary France.
- Having a basque.
- A city in the Irrawaddy Delta, Burma.
- a suburb of Mumbai (Bombay), India.
- derived from a nickname for a short person.
- A town in Hampshire, close to Southampton.
- A city in Iowa.
- A village in Kansas.
- A small city in Nebraska, and the county seat of Rock County.
- A CDP in Virginia.
- An unincorporated community in Wisconsin.
- A musical instrument in the woodwind family, having a double reed and playing in the tenor and bass ranges.
- To play the bassoon.
- To make a bassoon-like sound.
- mansion in Provence
- new town built in medieval Languedoc, Gascony and Aquitaine during the thirteenth and fourteenth centuries
- The act by which a food item is basted.
- A (physical) beating.