Page 1 from 1
Total results: 455
- of A star in the constellation Crux the Southern Cross
- A type of affix that is attached to the outside of a stem (an existing word), to form a new word. The adfix category branches into prefixes (ones which appear before the stem) and suffixes (ones which appear after the stem).
- To mingle with something else; to mix.
- A woman's headband (sometimes of metal), for binding the front hair in Ancient Greece.
- An addition, an extension.
- An appendix.
- An addition or extension to a building.
- An addition to the territory of a country or state, from a neighbouring country or state, normally by military force.
- To add something to another thing; to incorporate.
- To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.
- To join; to be united.
- disorder; irregularity
- A class of plant growth substance (often called phytohormones or plant hormones) which play an essential role in coordination of many growth and behavioral processes in the plant life cycle.
- Of or pertaining to an axis; of the nature of, or resembling, an axis; around an axis.
- Belonging to the axis of the body, or to the axis of any appendage or organ
- In the same direction as the axis, parallel to the axis.
- A flight feather that appears between the primaries and secondaries on some birds.
- A plane parallel to the surface of a tooth.
- Situated in the axis of anything; as an embryo which lies in the axis of a seed.
- An assault carried out with an axe.
- A type of smokeless gunpowder
- Terminal branch of an axon
- Having (a specified number or kind of) axles.
- name transferred from the surname.
- The divalent functional group of general formula R-N=NO-R'; such compounds are considered the oxides of azo compounds
- To mix around or about; mingle.
- An apocarotenoid that is the active ingredient of annatto.
- Packed into a box or boxes.
- In bridge and other card games if the cards in a pack are reversed face-up and face-down then the pack is said to be boxed.
- A traditional Irish potato pancake.
- An inflammatory disease of sheep.
- Meat from sheep that have died from this disease, or that have died from accident or disease in general.
- sick with braxy
- A borough of New York City.
- A cocktail containing gin, vermouth and orange juice.
- Having a full, voluptuous figure, especially possessing large breasts.
- Healthy, lively.
- Cheerful, lively, happy.
- Flexible, pliant.
- A cup-like structure in the mammalian kidney.
- The outermost whorl of flower parts, comprising the sepals, when it is not the same in appearance as the next such whorl (the corolla).
- The crown of a crinoid.
- A town on the east coast of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada.
- A Salishan language historically spoken in Comox and the surrounding areas, including the Sunshine Coast.
- sciatic (relating to the hip)
- Relating to a coxite
- To fix or fasten; to establish.
- To remove another's sexual characteristics or functions, often physical sterilization.
- Bending down; sloping.
- To remove wax from a material or from a surface.
- a city in Illinois, USA
- a small home-rule class city in Kentucky, USA
- A canelike grass of southern Europe ( used for fishing rods, etc.
- Having decayed spots or streaks of a whitish colour.
- A brand of condom; sometimes used as a generic term for a condom.
- A brand of adhesive tape; sometimes used as the generic term for adhesive tape.
- A maritime county of England bordered by the North Sea, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Hertfordshire and Greater London, and separated from Kent by the Thames estuary.
- A town in Connecticut
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Missouri
- A town in New York
- A town and county in Ontario, Canada
- A town in Vermont
- Precisely agreeing with a standard, a fact, or the truth; perfectly conforming; neither exceeding nor falling short in any respect.
- Habitually careful to agree with a standard, a rule, or a promise; accurate; methodical; punctual.
- Precisely or definitely conceived or stated; strict.
- Such that the kernel of one homomorphism is the image of the preceding one.
- To demand and enforce the payment or performance of, sometimes in a forcible or imperative way.
- To make desirable or necessary.
- To forcibly obtain or produce.
- She's wearing the exact same sweater as I am!
- To honor; to hold in high esteem.
- To raise in rank, status etc., to elevate.
- To digress.
- To pass beyond limits; to go to or towards an extreme.
- To take an excursion.
- A license or permit for absence from a college or a religious house (such as a monastery).
- A permission which a bishop grants to a priest to go out of his diocese.
- To put in vigorous action.
- To make use of, to apply, especially of something non-material.
- the outer layer of a pollen grain or spore; the exosporium
- to be; have existence; have being or reality
- departure; exodus, especially the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt
- The final chorus; the catastrophe.
- A comic afterpiece, either a farce or a travesty.
- To eject or erupt.
- To fire (a bullet, arrow etc.).
- To remove from membership.
- To deport.
- To praise; to make high.
- to rejoice, be very happy
- A district of the Bahamas consisting of over 365 islands and cays, including Great and Little Exuma.
- A residential area beyond the suburbs
- A brand of petroleum fuel.
- A former petrochemical company, now part of ExxonMobil.
- Having a head of hair; hairy.
- Not changing, not able to be changed, staying the same.
- Attached; affixed.
- Chemically stable.
- Supplied with what one needs.
- Of sound, recorded on a permanent medium.
- Surgically rendered infertile (spayed, neutered or castrated).
- Rigged; fraudulently prearranged.
- Resolved; corrected.
- Like flax; flaxen.
- foreign exchange
- foreign exchange market
- of; baffled; outwitted.
- Of paper, having yellowish-brown stains.
- Like, resembling, or characteristic of a fox; vulpine.
- Cursed; afflicted with bad luck.
- Any of many isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C6H13, formally derived from hexane by the loss of a hydrogen atom
- a town in Arkansas, USA.
- a city in Kansas, USA
- Any of several small, paenungulate herbivorous mammals, of the order Hyracoidea, with a bulky frame and fang-like incisors; they are native to Africa and the Middle East.
- A variety of furnishing a strong coarse fiber.
- The fiber itself; pita, or Tampico fiber.
- An Ancient Greek drinking cup with a stem, two handles, and a broad, shallow body
- In a lax manner; without rigor or strictness.
- Any of a number of towns in the USA
- A city in Egypt, located on the site of the ancient Thebes.
- A diminutive of the male name Max.
- A diminutive of the female name Maxine.
- The pesticide and fire retardant perchloropentacyclodecane, which is a persistent, bioaccumulative, and toxic pollutant.
- Having two or more separate aspects.
- Not completely pure, tainted or adulterated.
- Including both male(s) and female(s).
- Stemming from two or more races or breeds
- A compost heap; a dunghill.
- mixer; food processor
- An island in the center of the Cyclades
- A town in Greece located on an homonymous island.
- Relating to a nexus.
- A contract in early Ancient Rome in which the debtor pledged his own person as collateral should he default on his loan (thus risking becoming a slave to the creditor).
- A female nix, a water-spirit.
- A piece of mail returned as undeliverable.
- A low quality, low potency drug passed off as a powerful, pure drug.
- Several daisy-like flowers in various genera, especially the oxeye daisy.
- The corn camomile (
- Any of a genus of composite plants ( with large yellow flowers.
- A titmouse, especially the great titmouse (Parus major) or the blue titmouse (
- The dunlin.
- A fish; the bogue, or box.
- The gadfly of cattle.
- Any of a class of organic compounds, of general formula RR'C=NOH, derived from the condensation of an aldehyde (R' = H) or ketone with hydroxylamine.
- A placename given to several towns and a river in Australia.
- The plant similar to cowslip but with larger, pale yellow flowers.
- A tablet or register.
- A list or scheme inscribed on a tablet.
- A female nickname, also used as a formal given name.
- Air Niugini
- Portable Operating System Interface, a set of IEEE standards designed to provide application portability between UNIX variants.
- A college or university president.
- Used as a proxy or acting as a proxy.
- An agent or substitute authorized to act for another person.
- The authority to act for another, especially when written.
- The written appointment of a proctor in suits in the ecclesiastical courts.
- A measurement of one physical quantity that is used as an indicator of the value of another
- An interface for a service, especially for one that is remote, resource-intensive, or otherwise difficult to use directly.
- To serve as a proxy for.
- To function as a server for a client device, but pass on the requests to another server for service.
- A proximity mine; a mine that explodes when something approaches within a certain distance.
- form of (magical creature)
- A hernia, varicocele, or any scrotal tumor.
- To place in a box again; to pack back into a box.
- Redone, restored, brought back, or revisited.
- To calm down.
- To make something loose.
- To become loose.
- To make something less severe or tense.
- To become less severe or tense.
- To make something (such as codes and regulations) more lenient.
- To become more lenient.
- To relieve (something) from stress.
- To relieve from constipation; to loosen; to open.
- a quill
- the flight feather of a bird
- A rearrangement of an older piece of music, possibly including various cosmetic changes.
- A piece of music formed by combining existing pieces of music together, possibly including various other cosmetic changes
- To mix again.
- To create a remix
- To rearrange or radically alter a particular piece of music
- Relating to a person's biological sex.
- A Cub Scout who leads a group of six.
- A pair of sixes.
- shortened form of six of one, half a dozen of the other
- sexto (as a paper size in printing).
- The sixth defensive position, with the sword hand held at chest height, and the tip of the sword at eye level.
- The ordinal form of the number six.
- The person or thing in the sixth position.
- One of six equal parts of a whole.
- The interval between one note and another, five notes higher in the scale, for example C to A, a major sixth, or C to A flat, a minor sixth. (Note that the interval covers six notes counting inclusively, for example C-D-E-F-G-A.)
- Subject to taxation.
- One who taxes.
- One of two officers chosen yearly to regulate the assize of bread, and to see the true gauge of weights and measures is observed.
- To remove from a box.
- To retrieve (a value of a primitive type) from the object in which it is boxed.
- To unfasten from a fixing
- To remove a hex or curse from.
- To separate the components of (a mixture).
- To deprive of sexual attributes or characteristics.
- To sterilize (deprive of the ability to procreate); to castrate.
- To remove a tax from.
- a varicose, i.e. swollen and knotted, vein
- In a particular on the corresponding to a former position of the
- annoyed, irritated or distressed
- much debated, discussed or disputed
- One who vexes; one who annoys
- An extensive patch of subcutaneous extravasation of blood.
- Of an object, coated or treated with wax in order to make it shiny or waterproof, or to protect it.
- plural simple present form of
- Made of wax; covered with wax.
- Of or pertaining to wax.
- Having the pale smooth characteristics of wax, waxlike, waxy.
- Easily effaced, as if written in wax.
- A device used to apply wax.
- A person who applies wax.
- Something that waxes (grows larger as opposed to waning).
- A small, three-masted Mediterranean transport ship.
- Relating to xenic acid
- Containing an unidentified organism (especially a bacterium)
- The univalent radical derived from diphenyl
- Said of an environment or habitat that is extremely dry, lacking humidity and water.
- Said of an organism adapted to live in a very dry habitat.
- A non-Mayan indigenous people of Mesoamerica with communities in the southern portion of Guatemala, near its border with El Salvador, and in the mountainous region to the north.
- Their language, generally considered a language isolate.
- A major river in Brazil that flows north into the Amazon delta.
- Cultural reservation in central Brazil, in the state of Mato Grosso.
- Any of several indigenous tribes of Amerindian peoples who live in the Xingu reservation.
- A polysaccharide, consisting of xylose residues, found in the cell walls of some algae and plants.
- Pertaining to xylene.
- Any of several univalent radicals, of formula (CH3)2C6H3- derived from the three isomers of xylene: ortho-, meta- and para- (di-methyl benzene).
- Any of several North American plants, of the genus Xyris, resembling sedges