Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3978
- participle of recognized, confessed, disclosed, revealed, realized
- One who has an advowson.
- To quench; extinguish (fire, pain, malice, enemies, etc.)
- flowering, in bloom
- A group of two or more trained individuals, formed as a team that operates an aircraft.
- A faint illumination in the sky due to photochemical luminescence in the upper atmosphere, now rarely observed by earthbound humans without the assistance of intruments.
- A view from the air; a photograph taken from an aircraft.
- Toward the air; upward.
- Singular of thus often "radio" or "frequency".
- Competent and familiar with aircraft or air travel.
- A woman who keeps an alehouse.
- A migrating North American fish,
- Any of several species similar in appearance.
- One who allows or permits.
- Domestic or other work of all kinds.
- The most populous province of Flanders and Belgium.
- The capital city of the eponymous
- In any way.
- Anyway, anyhow, in any case.
- At any point in time.
- A special ward in Tokyo that is surrounded by (clockwise from north) Adachi, Sumida, Taitō, Bunkyō and Kita special wards
- A passageway covered by an arch, particularly one made of masonry.
- A doorway with a semilunar-shaped top.
- An outdoor passage offering access to a basement.
- Equipped with arrows
- Pointed to by an arrow (in a diagram)
- A painting, drawing, sculpture or other piece of creative, visual art
- Artistic work.
- The graphical elements to be included in a reproduced work.
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- From side to side; across.
- Across the path (of something).
- From one side to the other side of.
- Across the line of a ship's course or across its deck.
- Across the path or course of; opposing.
- The defendant in replevin, who avows the distress of the goods, and justifies the taking.
- An act of awaking, or ceasing to sleep.
- The recipient of an award or special honor.
- One who awards, or assigns by sentence or judicial determination; a judge, arbitrator or umpire.
- Without fear; fearless, unafraid.
- Wanting reverence; void of respectful fear; irreverent.
- Inspiring no awe.
- Causing awe or terror; inspiring wonder or excitement.
- Excellent, exciting, remarkable.
- The quality, state, or essence of being awesome or cool; awesomeness.
- Badly, terribly.
- Very; exceedingly; extremely; excessively.
- In a manner inspiring awe.
- In a backwards direction.
- Lacking dexterity in the use of the hands, or of instruments.
- Not easily managed or effected; embarrassing.
- Lacking social skills, or uncomfortable with social interaction.
- Perverse; adverse; difficult to handle.
- Someone or something that is awkward.
- A plant, with awl-shaped leaves.
- Without awns or beard.
- A handsaw that has a reinforcement along its back edge.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- A member of the family Psychidae of the Lepidoptera.
- Eastern tent caterpillar.
- Fall webworm.
- name; rather rare in English.
- Stanley Baldwin, British Prime Minister.
- King Baldwin IV, ruler of the Latin Kingdom of Jerusalem before the takeover of Saladin in 1187. He died in 1185 of complications of the socially unacceptable disease of leprosy. Also known as the leper king.
- A town in Florida.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city in Iowa.
- A town in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan
- A town and a hamlet in New York.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A town and village in Wisconsin.
- A reddish, moderately acid, winter apple.
- Drinking utensils that lack a stem, such as beer mugs.
- The red wood of a leguminous African tree, used as a dyewood and for ramrods, violin bows and turner's work.
- Shaped like the wing of a bat.
- The wing of a bat, or its shape.
- In a bawdy manner; lewdly or obscenely with humorous intent.
- The act of one who bawls or shouts.
- A waistcoat with sleeves made from undyed wool, typically worn by labourers and fishermen.
- The woolen yarn such waistcoats are made from.
- Having white streaks or spots on a black or bay background (esp., of an animal's or a mountain's face).
- To crawl about; crawl all over.
- To place a crown upon; crown.
- Covered with or as if with dew.
- an article of women's clothing for the upper body, usually thigh-length and wrapping or tying in front; a bedjacket.
- a nightgown.
- To make a dwarf of; to stunt or hinder the growth of; to dwarf.
- A wax secreted by bees from which they make honeycomb; or, the processed form of this wax used in the manufacture of various goods.
- “Business”, as in such phrases as and
- To polish (something) with beeswax.
- To decorate or bedeck with jewels or gems.
- An Anglo-Saxon personal name, usually with reference to the hero of an Old English epic poem, or to the poem itself.
- Any of various towns, including:
- a town in Maine, USA.
- To invoke or wish evil upon; to curse.
- A mildly imprecatory or merely expletive introductory exclamation, in the form of the imperative.
- To daub, soil, or make foul with spawl or spittle.
- To strew or scatter about; throw or drop here and there.
- To strew anything upon; strew over or about; cover or partially cover with things strewn; cover with straw or strewing.
- to labour, toil; belabour
- In the position or interval that separates (two things), or intermediate in quantity or degree. (See the Usage notes below.)
- Done together or reciprocally.
- Shared in confidence.
- In transit from (one to the other, or connecting places).
- Combined (by effort or ownership).
- One of (representing a choice).
- A kind of needle, shorter than a sharp, with a small rounded eye, used for making fine stitches on heavy fabrics.
- To twine together; entwine.
- Between, specifically between two objects.
- To waste utterly or completely.
- To water about or all over; cover, douse, or fill with water; make wet; water; hydrate.
- To make a whore of; prostitute; treat as a whore.
- To call or pronounce a whore.
- To hold in hand; rule; control; manage; handle; wield.
- to cast a spell on someone or something
- to astonish, amaze
- To worry about.
- To fill with worry; cause to be worried; beset with cares; trouble; vex; harass.
- To avenge; revenge.
- To give vent in action to (incensed feelings).
- To wreck completely; ruin; destroy.
- To write about; describe.
- To write to.
- To write; write from; copy.
- A bicycle lane or path.
- Of or pertaining to billows; swelling or swollen into large waves; full of billows or surges; resembling billows.
- Being an operation that treats a value as a series of bits rather than a numerical quantity.
- Centaurea cyanus, the cornflower.
- A type of edible mushroom.
- A prostitute; a courtesan.
- Any of various flies of the family Calliphoridae that lay their eggs in rotting meat, dung, or open wounds.
- A hollow tube through which a dart or similar missile may be blown.
- The act of one who blows, or that which blows.
- Having high colour from exposure to the weather; ruddy-faced; disordered.
- The dark, shiny wood of trees, especially oaks, dug up from peat bogs, sometimes used for making ornaments.
- The bilberry or whortleberry plant.
- of Norman origin from Beuzeville in France.
- James Boswell, biographer of Samuel Johnson.
- A devoted admirer and recorder of a person's words and deeds.
- Capable of being bowed or bent; flexible; yielding.
- bent, like a bow
- Furnished with a bower.
- A large whale, having a large, rounded head, that inhabits Arctic waters.
- A knot that has two loops and two loose ends, either used decoratively, or to tie shoelaces.
- As much as is held by a bowl.
- Resembling a bow (bent frame for firing arrows) or some aspect of one.
- a knot tied so as to produce an eye or loop in the end of a rope; it will not slip or jam
- A game played by rolling a ball down an alley and trying to knock over a triangular group of ten pins; ten-pin bowling
- Candlepin bowling.
- Any of several similar games played indoors or outdoors.
- The action of propelling the ball towards the batsman.
- A particular style of walking associated with urban street culture.
- The action of the verb bowl.
- Road bowling.
- The act of firing an arrow from a bow
- The distance that the arrow of an average archer can effectively travel.
- A sailor who works in the bow of a vessel.
- To drench; to soak; to immerse (in water believed to have curative properties).
- A strap worn below the knee, especially by labourers, to keep the trousers up or to stop them stretching while bending.
- The box tree, Buxus sempervirens.
- The hard, close-grained wood of this tree, used in delicate woodwork and in making inlays
- Any tree of genus Buxus.
- An awl with a blade similar to a small, straight screwdriver; used for making holes, especially in wood to take screws.
- One who brawls, engages in noisy, unseemly fights.
- brawny; strong; muscular
- A building where beer is produced.
- A company that brews beer.
- The production of alcoholic beverages, such as beer, by fermentation; the process of being brewed.
- The business or occupation of a brewer.
- The quantity of a brew made in a single batch.
- The forming of a storm or the gathering of clouds.
- a city in Alabama, USA
- name; an Anglicized form of Bronwen.
- The worker in charge of the cages at the pithead.
- With a brown colour.
- A saw, in a metal frame, used to cut lengths of wood
- Any of various moth caterpillars.
- A defensive wall or rampart.
- A defense or safeguard.
- A breakwater.
- The planking or plating along the sides of a nautical vessel above her gunwale that reduces the likelihood of seas washing over the gunwales and people being washed overboard.
- To fortify something with a wall or rampart.
- To provide protection of defense for something.
- a village in East Cambridgeshire district, Cambridgeshire, England.
- a small village in East Lindsey district, Lincolnshire, England.
- a city in Nebraska, USA, and the county seat of Garfield County.
- A poor tenant farmer who labours for the owner and does some farming of his own.
- An African hardwood tree, that is a form of sandalwood
- A biennial plant, native to Europe and Asia, mainly grown for its seed to be used as a culinary spice.
- The seed-like fruit of the caraway plant.
- A cake or sweetmeat containing caraway seeds.
- A way or road for carts.
- A village on the Gower Peninsula in Wales.
- An acacia, specifically now native to most of the border region of the US and Mexico.
- an elevated enclosed passage providing access fore and aft from the bridge of a merchant vessel
- any similar elevated walkway
- A narrow elevated stage on which models parade; a runway
- the business of making clothes for fashion shows.
- In the manner of a cat.
- A Canadian porcupine (Erethizon dorsatum).
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A bird, Pipilo erythrophthalmus, the Eastern towhee.
- A Siouan language originally spoken by the Missouria, Otoe and Iowa peoples.
- An peoples native to the area currently known as in the
- The of the Choctaw tribe.
- An in
- An unincorporated community in Mississippi.
- A in that is a of
- Relating to the Choctaw tribe or its language.
- A person of Choctaw heritage.
- A thick, creamy soup or stew.
- A stew, particularly fish or seafood, not necessarily thickened.
- A seller of fish.
- To make (seafood, etc.) into chowder.
- A scratch with the claws.
- Causing a visceral sensation of panic or terror.
- construction work made of logs, etc., laid horizontally, with the ends dovetailed together at the corners, and in marine work often surrounding a central space filled with stones
- a coarse cloth of the fourteenth century
- a coarse, narrow cloth, like frieze, used by the lower classes in the sixteenth century.
- A hairstyle, of African origin, having rows of tightly braided hair close to the scalp
- To braid the hair in this fashion.
- Any of several related poisonous plants of the genus Cicuta
- Cicuta virosa, the name species of this genus.
- A bell worn by cows; sometimes with an ornate strap.
- A musical instrument, typically found without a clapper.
- The white bryony, Bryonia alba.
- Any bird of the genus Molothrus. The cowbirds are brood parasites.
- In a cowed or intimidated manner.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- A village in Cumbria, England.
- A city/town in Missouri.
- A woman who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- A woman who identifies with cowboy culture, including clothing such as the cowboy hat.
- A playing card of queen rank.
- A sex position where the woman is on top; cowgirl position.
- To work as a cowgirl, herding cattle.
- To mount someone and have sexual intercourse in the cowgirl position.
- One who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- The heel of a cow, used as food.
- an annual herb with blue-grey waxy herbage and pale pink flowers, native to Eurasia.
- A hide of a cow.
- Any quantity of hides of cows.
- Leather made from the hide of cows.
- A coarse whip made of untanned leather.
- To flog with a cowhide.
- An unruly lock of hair that sticks straight up from the skull as if licked by a cow.
- Resembling a cow.
- A path made by, or used by, cows.
- A cowhand (one who tends free-range cattle)
- A 19th-century device used around the necks of cows and other livestock to prevent them from challenging fencing. The action of the device was to poke the cow when the device came into contact with the fence.
- A horse ridden by cowboys when controlling cattle
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- leather made from the hide of a cow or similar animal
- A low-growing plant, with yellow flowers.
- Any of several other plants related or similar in appearance
- a flowering plant known as and
- a flowering plant known as and
- a flowering plant known as and
- marsh marigold, Caltha palustris, a plant in the buttercup family, growing in wet, boggy locations.
- An enclosure for cows close by the farm.
- A long-toed boot or shoe formerly worn in many parts of Europe.
- A person who is abused, physically or verbally, and returns to the abuser a supplicant.
- A sycophant.
- A child who is able to creep using his hands and knees but is not able to walk.
- A crawl swimmer.
- A tractor crawler, a motorized vehicle that uses caterpillar tracks instead of wheels.
- A software bot that autonomously follows connected paths such as webpage links.
- A large town in West Sussex, England
- A member of a crew, especially the crew of a ship.
- The military trade of armoured crewman, abbreviated.
- An iron or steel bar, often with a flattened end which may also be hook-shaped, to be used as a lever to manually force things apart.
- An electrical circuit that prevents an overvoltage from causing damage.
- A type of cocktail made with only Crown Royal whiskey and lemon lime soda.
- To use force to move.
- Containing too many of something; teeming.
- Gruel or thin porridge.
- A Scottish form of cottage cheese.
- A cry of joy or pleasure.
- Great; excessive; supreme.
- One who, or that which, crowns.
- A coronet, small crown.
- A plant,
- An unidentified plant, probably the crowfoot.
- Any of many of species of flowering plants in family Asteraceae:
- a plant genus with species in North and South America
- Gnaphalium, a plant genus with species in Eurasia and the Americas
- a plant genus native to North America
- a plant genus in Eurasia and North America
- a plant genus native to Australasia and the Pacific
- a plant genus occurring in Africa, Australasia and Eurasia.
- A gratuity or tip as thanks for a service
- To give or make a present to.
- Having selectively removed surface elements of a three-dimensional model that make internal features visible, but without sacrificing the outer context entirely.
- A cut to a shot of person listening to a speaker so that the audience can see the listener's reaction.
- The interruption of a continuously filmed action by inserting a view of something else.
- A coat with a tapered frontline.
- A diagram or model having outer layers removed so as to show the interior
- An indentation in the upper bout of a guitar's body adjacent to the neck, allowing easier access to the upper frets.
- A form of embroidery in which intervening fabric is cut away
- The larva of any of many moths of the family Noctuidae; it is an agricultural pest.
- The part of Great Britain in which the laws of the Scandinavians dominated those of the Anglo-Saxons.
- The set of legal terms and definitions created in the treaties between the English Alfred the Great and the Danish Guthrum the Old.
- jackdaw, silly fellow
- a person who dawdles or idles
- The first beginnings of something.
- To deprive of a crown; to discrown.
- a river in Derbyshire, England, which flows into the River Trent.
- a river in North Yorkshire, England, which also forms the border with the East Riding of Yorkshire before joining the River Ouse.
- a river in Cumbria, England, which flows into the Irish Sea at Workington.
- a river forming the border between County Durham and Northumberland, before entering Tyneside and joining the River Tyne.
- a river in Tasmania, Australia, which flows into the Tasman Sea near Hobart.
- a hamlet in Alberta, Canada.
- a community in Thames Centre municipality, Ontario, Canada.
- an unincorporated community in Guernsey County, Ohio, USA.
- To remove water from.
- That has been treated by a dewaxing process
- A vestigial digit, hoof or claw that does not reach the ground.
- Of or pertaining to (1851–1931), American librarian and educator, and inventor of the
- Of or pertaining to (1859–1952), American philosopher, psychologist, and educational reformer.
- Resembling or characteristic of dew.
- To strongly and solemnly refuse to own or acknowledge; to deny responsibility for, approbation of, and the like; to disclaim; to disown.
- To deny; to show the contrary of; to disprove; to deny legitimacy or achievement of any kind.
- To divest of a gown of office; to defrock.
- To dissuade from by previous warning.
- To deprive of wonted usage; to disaccustom.
- Any of various small trees of the genus Cornus, especially the and the
- The wood of such trees and shrubs.
- A wood or tree similar to this genus, used in different parts of the world.
- The passage of a door; a door-shaped entrance into a house or a room.
- A bird, the European goatsucker.
- Capable of being endowed.
- Entitled to dower.
- A widow holding property or title derived from her late husband.
- Any lady of dignified bearing.
- Feeble; lacking spirit or activity; shiftless.
- A in Michigan.
- a hamlet in New Forest district, Hampshire, England.
- a parish in northern Herefordshire, England, including the village of Downton on the Rock and Downton Castle.
- a village in southern Wiltshire, England.
- A woman entitled to dower.
- The practice of seeking water or other substances (usually liquid) with the aid of a forked stick or similar pointing device, as believed by some practitioners to derive from supernatural power.
- An open-mouthed bar at the end of a car, which receives a coupling link and pin by which the car is drawn. It is usually provided with a spring to give elasticity to the connection between the cars of a train.
- A bar of iron with an eye at each end, or a heavy link, for coupling a locomotive to a tender or car.
- (road transport) A device to couple a powered road vehicle to a load to transfer tractive effort to the load, either as a push or as a pull. (See also Wikipedia:Drawbar)
- A sliding bar on a Hammond organ, controlling the volume of a waveform.
- A device for changing the tools on milling machines
- A boy who operates the harness cords of a handloom.
- Part of a power loom that performs the same function.
- Long underpants.
- Any clothing covering the legs, such as shorts, trousers, underpants or breeches.
- A picture, likeness, diagram or representation, usually drawn on paper.
- The act of producing such a picture.
- Such acts practiced as a graphic art form.
- The process of drawing or pulling something.
- An act or event in which the outcome (e.g., designating a winner) is selected by chance in the form of a blind draw, notably of lots; especially such a contest in which a winning name or number is selected randomly by removing (or drawing) it from a container, popularly a hat).
- A small portion of tea for steeping.
- A net for catching the larger sorts of birds.
- A rod which unites the drawgear at opposite ends of the car, and bears the pull required to draw the train.
- That has died by drowning.
- Someone who is drowning.
- One who drowns another.
- A fan of the British comedy series .
- An inhabitant of a specific place; an inhabitant or denizen.
- To decrease, shrink, diminish, reduce in size or intensity.
- To fall away in quality; degenerate, sink.
- To lessen; to bring low.
- To break up or disperse.
- Any wood from which colouring matter is extracted for dyeing.
- A tune that is stuck in one's head, especially as unwanted or repetitive.
- A form of railway in which the road is causewayed up to the level of the top of the flanges.
- from the given name Edward.
- A nematode, or roundworm, especially any that resemble small eels.
- Having bends or corners.
- (in combination) Having some specific type of elbow
- Agent noun of elbow; one who elbows.
- The soft, spongy wood of
- An old measuring rod, one ell in length.
- The wood of the elm tree.
- somehow else; in some other way
- Bent, curved or arched like a bow.
- To enclose or bury.
- To remove the bowels; disembowel.
- To enclose something or someone as if in a bower; shelter with foliage.
- To lodge or rest in or as in a bower.
- To form a bower.
- To make brown or dusky.
- To become brown or dusky.
- To darken, make dark.
- To darken, become dark.
- To give permission, power, or the legal right to do something.
- To give someone more confidence and/or strength to do something, often by enabling them to increase their control over their own life or situation.
- Pertaining to an endowment, as with an endowed chair at a university.
- One who endows.
- To endow.
- upright, or standing on end
- with the end towards the front or towards the observer
- towards the ends
- On-end; upright; pertaining or relating to the end.
- To sweep over or across; to pass over rapidly.
- To twist or twine around something (or one another).
- To twist or wreathe around; entwine.
- To twit; blame; chide.
- Render wiser; make scient by subtle means.
- To endow with the qualities of a woman; to make womanish
- To write upon something; inscribe; imprint.
- A soothing medicated lotion for the eyes
- Nonsense; flattery; pretentiousness.
- To fool with nonsense or flattery.
- To keep information secret by sending false information to many people in one's own organization, and correct information to a select few.
- A vision aid or similar device worn over the eyes, such as eyeglasses, contact lenses, or protective goggles.
- An instant, a short moment.
- The winking of an eye.
- The area between the tee and the green, where the grass is cut short.
- Any tract of land free from obstacles.
- (Military) A channel either from offshore, in a river, or in a harbor that has enough depth to accommodate the draft of large vessels. (JP 4-01.6)
- A navigable channel in a harbour, offshore etc; the usual course taken by vessels in such places.
- A well or opening, through the successive floors of a factory or warehouse or the decks of a ship, providing access for goods, material, or people.
- A hydraulic canal, as for a water-powered mill.
- In a radial arrangement resembling a hand-held fan.
- In a fanwise manner.
- Fan tracery.
- A fan-shaped network of lines or projections.
- A creative work produced by a fan, based on a book, movie, television show, musical group, etc.
- Any of the genus Cabomba of aquatic plants, having divided submerged leaves in the shape of a fan.
- an unincorporated community in California, USA.
- a village in Michigan, USA.
- a tiny city in Minnesota, USA.
- a village in Nebraska, USA.
- a small city in Texas, USA
- A heartwood of pine trees, impregnated with resin, useful in the manufacture of pitch and pine tar.
- A European herb, of the gentian family.
- The state, quality, or condition of being few.
- Any of various woodland herbs and shrubs of the genus Scrophularia.
- Ficaria verna, formerly Ranunculus ficaria.
- A structure built on or around dams or locks to facilitate the migration of fish.
- Eryngium foetidum, a plant supposed to be a remedy for fits.
- A worthless thing; a trifle or bauble.
- A flowing or overflowing of liquid.
- Pertaining to flowers.
- Decorated with flowers.
- Of a speech or piece of writing: too complicated; elaborate; with grandiloquent expressions; bombastic; verbose.
- The action of the verb to flow
- Tending to flow.
- Moving, proceeding or shaped smoothly, gracefully, or continuously.
- The larva of the blowfly, especially when found on rotten meat.
- To deposit eggs upon, as a blowfly does on meat; to cause to be maggoty.
- To taint or contaminate.
- A custom or belief common to members of a society or culture
- A passage for pedestrians only.
- To hew or cut in front.
- Either of the paws of an animal's foreleg, homologous to the hand in humans.
- To grow to excess or out of shape; grow unduly.
- To become grown over; overgrow; become covered with growth (usually one that is excessive or unsightly).
- To be dilatory about; put off; postpone; neglect; omit.
- To delay; hinder; impede; obstruct.
- To be slow or dilatory; loiter.
- Overheated; covered with sweat.
- To exhaust or tire out with excessive waking or watching.
- To walk (someone) excessively; weary with walking.
- To prohibit; forbid; deny (right, access to, etc.).
- To accustom to bad habits; spoil by indulgence; pamper.
- To wear out; wear away; exhaust; spend; waste.
- To exhaust (oneself) with weeping; weep excessively; to bleed excessively.
- To wither; decay; fade.
- To forfeit (a possession, privilege, etc.); ruin (oneself) by one's own conduct.
- To obstruct; barricade; block.
- To do wrong to; injure; scathe.
- To overwork; exhaust with toil.
- To wrap up or about; muffle.
- A place where fowl are raised.
- A session of hunting fowl.
- A disease of poultry caused by viruses of the family Poxviridae and the genus
- A road designed for safe, high-speed operation of motor vehicles through the elimination of at-grade intersections, usually divided and having at least two lanes in each direction; a dual carriageway with no at-grade crossings, a motorway.
- A toll-free highway.
- Disobedient, contrary, unmanageable; difficult to deal with; with an evil disposition.
- Away from.
- musty; stuffy (atmosphere)
- A very stupid person.
- Anas strepera, a common and widespread dabbling duck which breeds in the northern hemisphere.
- A passageway through which to enter or leave, such as one between seating areas in an auditorium, or between two buildings.
- An articulating bridge or ramp, such as from land to a dock or a ship.
- A temporary passageway, such as one made of planks.
- A clear path through a crowd or a passageway with people.
- An aisle.
- A passage along either side of a ship's upper deck.
- A passage through the side of a ship or though a railing through which the ship may be boarded.
- An earthen and plank ramp leading from the stable yard into the upper storey or mow of a dairy barn.
- The narrow space between two buildings or houses, used to access the backyard/alleyway from the front.
- To serve as, furnish with, or conduct oneself as though proceeding on a gangway.
- The action of the verb gawp.
- That gawps or gawp.
- A group of Egyptian dancing girls of the Nawari people, whose suggestive dancing was seen as improper.
- A city in Lanarkshire and the largest in Scotland.
- A CDP in Delaware.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city in Kentucky.
- A city in Missouri.
- A city in Montana
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A town in Virginia.
- A town in West Virginia.
- A settlement in Suriname.
- A city in southern Poland.
- The action of the verb glow.
- That glows or glow.
- Full of praise.
- severe or intense
- A sensation of being gnawed
- toward God
- towards God
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- Covered in daisies.
- growth; increase
- Connected with growing
- That grows.
- A person, creature or thing that growls.
- A cab with four wheels.
- A small iceberg or ice floe which is barely visible over the surface of the water.
- A kind of jug used to carry beer (in current usage, a 2-liter or 64-ounce container with or without a handle; sometimes extended to similarly shaped 32-ounce jug, but not bottles).
- A pork pie.
- The vulva.
- Inclined to growth; growing healthily or rapidly.
- Any of various plants in the genus Grindelia.
- Any of various trees and shrubs of the genus Commidendrum.
- The top edge of the hull of a nautical vessel, where it meets the deck.
- Ulva intestinalis, a seaweed.
- Sonchus arvensis, a terrestrial plant.
- A plant, a violent purgative, found in Africa.
- A magician, hero and trickster in Welsh mythology.
- A principal area of Wales, to the north-west of the country
- A freshwater fish, Coregonus pennantii, native to Bala Lake in Wales.
- Chinese maritime customs
- Half of the way between two points; midway.
- Moderately; somewhat.
- The relics or remains of a saint, or the shrines in which they are kept.
- A corridor in a building that connects rooms.
- A coastal town in Essex, England
- Any dandelion-like flower of the genera and in the family Asteraceae.
- Supportive of warlike foreign policy; bellicose; inclined toward military action.
- Favouring increasing interest rates; inclined towards increasing interest rates.
- Wire used to bind bales of hay.
- Roughly-made, unsophisticated, decrepit (from the use of haywire for temporary repairs).
- Behaving erratically or uncontrollably, especially of a machine or mechanical process; usually used with the verb "go".
- Movement ahead or forward.
- Forward motion, or its rate.
- The interval of time or distance between the fronts of two vehicles (e.g. buses) moving in succession in the same direction, especially along the same pre-determined route.
- Progress toward a goal.
- The clearance beneath an object, such as an arch, ceiling or bridge; headroom.
- A cross-heading.
- The nineteenth book of the New Testament of the Bible, the epistle of St Paul to the Hebrews.
- A seaweed, badderlocks.
- Capable of being hewn.
- The European green woodpecker.
- A main, direct public road, especially a multi-lane, high speed thoroughfare connecting major population centers.
- Any public road for vehicular traffic.
- A fleshy, edible plant in the stonecrop family,
- foolish talk or writing; nonsense.
- Any coarse weedy herb.
- An umbelliferous plant, of genus Heracleum, some of them being poisonous.
- Certain plants from the genera Ambrosia, Erigeron, or Heracleum.
- A traveller.
- A merchant in the East (so called because merchants were formerly the chief travellers).
- Be that as it may; nevertheless.
- Nevertheless; yet, still; in spite of (that).
- To whatever degree or extent
- In whatever way or manner.
- definition how.
- In any case, at any rate, at all events.
- In whatever way or manner.
- Although, though, but, yet.
- A calcium borosilicate hydroxide found in evaporite deposits.
- A housewife.
- A worthless woman; hussy.
- A small case containing scissors, thread, needles and other sewing things.
- To manage with frugality.