Page 1 from 2
Total results: 1641
- A South American tropical fruit tree,
- The fruit of this tree.
- To touch by means of a mutual border, edge or end; to border on; to lie adjacent; to project; to terminate; to be contiguous; to meet, of an estate, country, etc.
- To border upon; be next to; abut on; be adjacent to; to support by an abutment.
- To lean against on one end; to end on, of a part of a building or wall.
- a local government district in West Sussex, England.
- a river in West Sussex, after which the district was named.
- name chiefly used in India.
- The creator god of Heliopolis, the original source of all matter, associated with the evening sun.
- The sister or sister-in-law of one’s parent.
- a woman of an older generation than oneself, especially a friend of one's parents, by means of fictive kin.
- A rate defined as the number of signalling events per second in a data transmission.
- Synonym for bps (bits per second), regardless of how many signalling events are necessary to signal each bit.
- To cry, whine or blubber (usually carries a connotation of disapproval).
- To swell; to puff out, as with weeping.
- The act of blubbing.
- (attributively) Swollen, puffed, protruding.
- A town in Texas.
- To make indistinct or hazy, to obscure or dim.
- To smear, stain or smudge.
- To become indistinct.
- To cause imperfection of vision in; to dim; to darken.
- To sully; to stain; to blemish, as reputation.
- To transfer the input focus away from.
- A smear, smudge or blot
- Something that appears hazy or indistinct
- A moral stain or blot.
- In a state of doubt or confusion.
- A weevil; a worm that breeds in malt, biscuit, etc.
- A variety of madeira (wine) that is less sweet than malmsey
- Any solid object rounded at one end and tapering on the other, possibly attached to a larger object at the tapered end.
- A light bulb.
- The bulb-shaped root portion of a plant such as a tulip, from which the rest of the plant may be regrown.
- a bulbous protuberance at the forefoot of certain vessels to reduce turbulence.
- To take the shape of a bulb; to swell.
- Size, mass or volume.
- The major part of something.
- The result of water retained by fibre.
- Unpackaged goods when transported in large volumes, e.g. coal, ore or grain.
- a cargo or any items moved or communicated in the manner of cargo.
- Excess body mass, especially muscle.
- A hypothetical higher-dimensional space within which our own four-dimensional universe may exist.
- The body.
- being large in size, mass or volume (of goods, etc.)
- To appear or seem to be, as to bulk or extent.
- To grow in size; to swell or expand.
- Toilet paper.
- Useless papers; now especially official documents, standardized forms, sales and marketing print material etc.
- A float moored in water to mark a location, warn of danger, or indicate a navigational channel.
- A life-buoy.
- To keep afloat or aloft; used with up.
- To support or maintain at a high level.
- To mark with a buoy.
- To maintain or enhance enthusiasm or confidence
- A fortified dwelling place belonging to a king or noble; a prehistoric fort.
- a belch
- To emit a burp.
- To cause someone (such as a baby) to burp.
- Crowded with business or activities; having a great deal going on.
- Engaged in activity or by someone else.
- Having a lot going on; complicated or intricate.
- Officious; meddling.
- To make somebody busy, to keep busy with, to occupy, to make occupied.
- To rush somebody.
- A police officer.
- A chest with holes for keeping fish alive in water.
- An opaque, compact variety of barite, or heavy spar.
- A style of close-fitting circular cap worn by women in the sixteenth century and later, often made of linen.
- A membrane.
- The thin membrane which covers the lower intestines; the omentum.
- The amnion which encloses the foetus before birth, especially that part of it which sometimes shrouds a baby’s head at birth (traditionally considered to be good luck).
- The surface of a press that makes contact with panel product, especially a removable plate or sheet.
- A strip or block of wood used to distribute or direct clamping force.
- One of various species of freshwater fish of the Cyprinidae or carp family, especially:
- the European chub, Leuciscus cephalus
- in Europe, its close relatives, notably the fallfish.
- By extension, various vaguely related marine or freshwater fishes.
- in North America, the black bass.
- A chubby, plump person
- An overweight or obese gay man.
- Excess body fat
- A plastic or other flexible package of meat, usually ground meat or luncheon meat.
- A dull, fairly quick explosive or percussive sound, as if made by a labouring engine.
- A large gulp of drink.
- A homemade Cuban boat, built to carry emigrants to the USA, and often abandoned upon arrival.
- To make dull explosive sounds.
- To move or travel whilst making such sounds.
- to drink a large amount (especially of beer) in a single action/without breathing; to chugalug. People usually chant this at the person who is drinking.
- A dog; a cross between a pug and a chihuahua.
- To solicit charitable donations on the street, particularly in a persistent manner.
- A person of Native American descent.
- A strand of yarn etc. as used to guide one through a labyrinth; something which points the way, a guide.
- Information which may lead one to a certain point or conclusion.
- An object or a kind of indication which may be used as evidence.
- Insight or understanding ("to have a clue [about]" or "to have clue". See have a clue, clue stick)
- To provide with a clue.
- To provide someone with information which he or she lacks (often used with "in" or "up").
- name, an alternative spelling of Canute (Scandinavian Knut) in historical context.
- form of (the rump of a horse)
- short; brittle
- A cuckold.
- A weakling.
- One who acts against the interests of their own race, class, religion, etc.
- To cuckold.
- To weaken or emasculate.
- To punish (someone) by putting them in a cucking stool.
- The female genitalia, especially the vulva.
- An extremely unpleasant or objectionable person (in US, especially a woman; in UK or Ireland, more usually a man).
- An objectionable object or item.
- An unpleasant or difficult experience or incident.
- A woman, women, or bottom (i.e. submissive partner, not the top) as a source of sex.
- (with words funny, good) A person (mostly between male friends); compare bastard.
- A suit of the minor arcana in tarot, bearing the symbol of a cup or chalice.
- A concrete margin along the edge of a road; a kerb (UK)
- A raised margin along the edge of something, such as a well or the eye of a dome, as a strengthening.
- Something that checks or restrains; a restraint.
- A riding or driving bit for a horse that has rein action which amplifies the pressure in the mouth by leverage advantage placing pressure on the poll via the crown piece of the bridle and chin groove via a curb chain.
- A sidewalk, covered or partially enclosed, bordering the airport terminal road system with an adjacent paved areas to permit vehicles to off-load or load passengers.
- A swelling on the back part of the hind leg of a horse, just behind the lowest part of the hock joint, generally causing lameness.
- To check, restrain or control.
- To rein in.
- To furnish with a curb, as a well; to restrain by a curb, as a bank of earth.
- To force to "bite the curb" (hit the pavement curb); see curb stomp.
- To damage vehicle wheels or tires by running into or over a pavement curb.
- To bend or curve.
- To crouch; to cringe.
- A marine cod-like fish in the ling family Lotidae,
- A sharp point or pointed end.
- An important moment when a decision is made that will determine future events.
- A point of a curve where the curve is continuous but has no derivative, but such that it has a derivative at every nearby point.
- A point made by the intersection of two curved lines or curved structures. A common motif in Gothic architecture.Russell Sturgis, ed. (1902). A Dictionary of Architecture and Building: Biographical, Historical, and Descriptive. 3. Macmillan.
- A boundary between zodiacal signs and houses.
- Any of the pointed parts of a canine tooth or molar.
- To use cursing, to use bad language, to speak profanely.
- A curse.
- A curse word.
- A fellow, person.
- Possessing physical features, behaviors, personality traits or other properties that are mainly attributed to infants and small or cuddly animals; e.g. fair, dainty, round, and soft physical features, disproportionately large eyes and head, playfulness, fragility, helplessness, curiosity or shyness, innocence, affectionate behavior.
- Generally, attractive or pleasing, especially in a youthful, dainty, quaint or fun-spirited way.
- Affected or contrived to charm; mincingly clever; precious; cutesy.
- Mentally keen or discerning; clever; shrewd; see
- Corporal punishment at school.
- The striped quagga, or Burchell's zebra, of South Africa (Asinus burchellii).
- Any species of the genus Octodon, especially a small, caviomorph rodent native to Chile.
- A species of colobine Old World monkey, making up the genus Pygathrix
- To put out; quench; extinguish; douse.
- carbonaceous shale; small coal; slate, dross, or rubbish in coal.
- To beat (someone or something) with a stick.
- To defeat someone soundly; to annihilate or crush.
- To forcefully teach something.
- To criticize harshly; to excoriate.
- A pair or couple
- an unordered pair
- The Syrian brown bear (Ursus arctos syriacus)
- an image board post venerated for its number that ends in a repeated number
- A pipe, tube or canal which carries gas or liquid from one place to another.
- An enclosure or channel for electrical cable runs.
- Guidance; direction.
- To channel something through a duct (or series of ducts)
- Clothing, especially for work or of rough appearance.
- Unable to speak; lacking power of speech (kept in "deaf, dumb, and blind").
- Silent; unaccompanied by words.
- extremely stupid.
- Pointless, foolish, lacking intellectual content or value.
- Lacking brightness or clearness, as a colour.
- To silence.
- To make stupid.
- To represent as stupid.
- To reduce the intellectual demands of.
- A place where waste or garbage is left; a ground or place for dumping ashes, refuse, etc.; a disposal site.
- A car or boat for dumping refuse, etc.
- That which is dumped, especially in a chaotic way; a mess.
- An act of dumping, or its result.
- A formatted listing of the contents of program storage, especially when produced automatically by a failing program
- A storage place for supplies, especially military.
- An unpleasant, dirty, disreputable, or unfashionable, boring or depressing looking place.
- An act of defecation; a defecating.
- A dull, gloomy state of the mind; sadness; melancholy; low spirits; despondency; ill humor (usually plural).
- Absence of mind; revery.
- A pile of ore or rock.
- A melancholy strain or tune in music; any tune.
- An old kind of dance.
- A small coin made by punching a hole in a larger coin (called a holey dollar).
- To release, especially in large quantities and chaotic manner.
- To discard; to get rid of something one does not want anymore.
- To sell below cost or very cheaply; to engage in dumping.
- To copy data from a system to another place or system, usually in order to archive it.
- To output the contents of storage or a data structure, often in order to diagnose a bug.
- To end a relationship with.
- To knock heavily; to stump.
- To put or throw down with more or less of violence; hence, to unload from a cart by tilting it
- To precipitate (especially snow) heavily.
- A thick, ill-shapen piece.
- A lead counter used in the game of chuck-farthing.
- Euphemism for darn, in itself a euphemism for damn.
- Darn; damned; extremely.
- Rhotized pronunciation of doing.
- To strike or push violently; to strike with the horns; butt.
- To fall violently; dash down; move with violence.
- A period of time at the end of day when the sun is below the horizon but before the full onset of night, especially the darker part of twilight.
- A darkish colour.
- To begin to lose light or whiteness; to grow dusk.
- To make dusk.
- Tending to darkness or blackness; moderately dark or black; dusky.
- Fake or artificial
- A state of long-standing mutual hostility.
- A staged rivalry between wrestlers.
- A combination of kindred to avenge injuries or affronts, done or offered to any of their blood, on the offender and all his race.
- To carry on a feud.
- An estate granted to a vassal by a feudal lord in exchange for service
- An error; a mistake in the performance of an action.
- To goof, fumble, or err in the performance of an action.
- A pipe or duct that carries gaseous combustion products away from the point of combustion (such as a furnace).
- An enclosed passageway in which to direct air or other gaseous current along.
- A woolly or downy substance; down, nap; a piece of this.
- In an organ flue pipe, the opening between the lower lip and the languet.
- The act of flowing; a continuous moving on or passing by, as of a flowing stream.
- A state of ongoing change.
- A chemical agent for cleaning metal prior to soldering or welding.
- The rate of transfer of energy (or another physical quantity) through a given surface, specifically electric flux, magnetic flux.
- A disease which causes diarrhea, especially dysentery.
- Diarrhea or other fluid discharge from the body.
- The state of being liquid through heat; fusion.
- To use flux.
- To melt.
- To flow as a liquid.
- Flowing; unstable; inconstant; variable.
- A bailiff or magistrate.
- The digit or figure 4; an occurrence thereof.
- Anything measuring four units, as length.
- A person who is four years old.
- An event whereby a batsman hits a ball which bounces on the ground before passing over a boundary in the air, resulting in an award of 4 runs for the batting team. If the ball does not bounce before passing over the boundary, a six is awarded instead.
- A power forward.
- Quadruple sculls.
- A four-pennyworth of spirits.
- A dance derived from the twist, popular in the 1960s.
- To perform this dance.
- To have sexual intercourse, to copulate.
- To insert one’s penis, a dildo or other phallic object, into a specified orifice or cleft.
- To put in an extremely difficult or impossible situation.
- To break; to destroy.
- To defraud or otherwise treat badly.
- To play with; to tinker.
- An act of sexual intercourse.
- A sexual partner, especially a casual one.
- A highly contemptible person.
- A thing of no value, a small amount.
- Used as an intensifier for the words "yes" and "no".
- Do you say it out loud and proud?
- Producing, or filled with fumes
- An old Russian unit of weight, approximately 410 grams.
- To lower, roll up and secure (something, such as a sail or flag)
- An objectionable woman
- To be frivolous and waste time
- To experiment by trial and error
- A frizzy mass of hair or fibre.
- Quality of an image that is unclear; a blurred image.
- The random data used in fuzz testing.
- A distorted sound, especially from an electric guitar or other amplified instrument.
- A state of befuddlement.
- To make fuzzy.
- To become fuzzy.
- To make drunk.
- To test a software component by running it on randomly generated input.
- The police.
- a cheap showy trinket
- trick; jest; sport
- deceit; fraud; artifice
- To bedeck gaudily; to decorate with gauds or showy trinkets or colours; to paint.
- To sport or keep festival.
- A Roman-era region roughly corresponding to modern France and Belgium
- A person from Gaul.
- An East Indian species of wild cattle ( of large size and an untamable disposition.
- The sound of underwater bubbles, or of water bubbling (often used repetitively).
- A hard gelatin made by boiling bones and hides, used in solution as an adhesive; or any sticky adhesive substance.
- To join or attach something using glue.
- To cause something to adhere closely to; to follow attentively.
- An immature stage in the life cycle of an insect; a larva.
- A short, thick man; a dwarf.
- To scavenge or in some way scrounge, typically for food.
- To dig; to dig up by the roots; to root out by digging; often followed by up.
- To supply with food.
- Morose, stern, surly, sullen.
- Low, deep in the throat; guttural
- The hybrid offspring of a goose and a duck
- Nonsensical talk or thinking.
- Superfluous information.
- Insolent or otherwise unacceptable remarks.
- To break wind.
- To mislead.
- A West African antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus), marked with white stripes and spots on a reddish fawn ground; the
- The throat; the gullet.
- A hollow place in the earth; an abyss; a deep chasm or basin.
- That which swallows; the gullet.
- That which swallows irretrievably; a whirlpool; a sucking eddy.
- A portion of an ocean or sea extending into the land; a partially landlocked sea
- A large deposit of ore in a lode.
- A difference, especially a large difference, between groups
- The usual amount swallowed.
- The sound of swallowing, sometimes indicating fear.
- To swallow eagerly, or in large draughts; to swallow up; to take down at one swallow.
- To react nervously by swallowing.
- dirt or grime; any vague or unknown substance
- A subculture of 21st century American males, combining elements of modern gothic culture with punk rock.
- A member of the gunk subculture.
- To soil or make dirty
- A sudden rapid outflow.
- To flow forth suddenly, in great volume.
- To make an excessive display of enthusiasm or sentiment.
- (of a woman, during orgasm) To ejaculate a clear fluid from the urethra
- A roundlet of the sanguine tincture, which is blazoned without mention of the tincture.
- To carry something; to transport something, with a connotation that the item is heavy or otherwise difficult to move.
- To pull or draw something heavy.
- To transport by drawing, as with horses or oxen.
- To steer a vessel closer to the wind.
- To shift fore (more towards the bow).
- To pull.
- To pull apart, as oxen sometimes do when yoked.
- A long drive, especially transporting/hauling heavy cargo.
- An amount of something that has been taken, especially of fish or illegal loot.
- A pulling with force; a violent pull.
- A bundle of many threads, to be tarred.
- Collectively, all of the products bought on a shopping trip.
- A haul video
- A time period of sixty minutes; one twenty-fourth of a day.
- A season, moment, time or stound.
- The time.
- Used after a two-digit hour and a two-digit minute to indicate time.
- A distance that can be traveled in one hour.
- coloured, having the hue.
- Very large.
- Distinctly interesting, significant, important, likeable, well regarded.
- An outer garment worn in Europe in the Middle Ages.
- A form of chant and dance, which was developed in the Hawaiian Islands by the Polynesians who originally settled there.
- To dance the hula.
- A large or dense piece of something.
- A sexually attractive boy or man, especially one who is muscular.
- A record of differences between almost contiguous portions of two files (or other sources of information). Differences that are widely separated by areas which are identical in both files would not be part of a single hunk. Differences that are separated by small regions which are identical in both files may comprise a single hunk. Patches are made up of hunks.
- A honyock.
- To throw (something) with force.
- To utter (harsh or derogatory speech), especially at its target.
- To participate in the sport of hurling.
- To vomit.
- To twist or turn.
- A throw, especially a violent throw; a fling.
- The act of vomiting.
- The act of hitting the sliotar with the hurley.
- (car) ride
- tumult; riot; hurly-burly
- A table on which fibre is stirred and mixed by beating with a bow spring.
- to hum; buzz
- To make a rolling, trilling, or burring sound; gnarl
- to become quiet
- to make quiet
- To appease; to allay; to soothe.
- A silence, especially after some noise
- A mining method using water
- A splash.
- A mark left by a splash of water or mud.
- To splash; to slosh.
- of e.g. jour printer.
- name, today often transferred back from the surname.
- name, also used as a formal female given name.
- A girl or woman.
- The queen of the gods, equivalent of the Greek Hera.
- Short for the third main belt asteroid discovered.
- third person singular of jut
- A ravine; a steep cleft in a hillside.
- A lake between the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Rwanda
- A knurl.
- The small wooden ball in the game of trap ball, or knurr and spell.
- A unit of measure in feudal Japan, the amount of rice needed to feed one person for a year.
- a vassal or tenant in the early Middle Ages
- To be dark, gloomy, and threatening, as clouds; to be covered with dark and threatening clouds, as the sky; to show threatening signs of approach, as a tempest.
- To frown; to look sullen.
- A troublemaker, often violent; a rude violent person; a yob.
- A clownish, awkward fellow; a bumpkin.
- To treat as a lout or fool; to neglect; to disappoint.
- To bend, bow, stoop.
- An elaborate Hawaiian feast featuring traditional foods and entertainment.
- to lubricate
- A fool; an idiot; a lunkhead.
- crazy; mentally unsound
- To remain concealed in order to ambush.
- To remain unobserved.
- To hang out or wait around a location, preferably without drawing attention to oneself.
- To view an internet forum without posting comments.
- The act of lurking.
- a town in (formerly in County Dublin), Ireland.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- a town in Wyoming, USA
- A pout, especially as expressing mock-annoyance or flirtatiousness.
- To be able to; may; must.
- An old French liquid measure of approximately 274.2 litres.
- The sludge that collects at the bottom of an aquarium, consisting of fish excrement, decaying plant matter, and other assorted detritus.
- To mumble, speak unclearly.
- To move the lips with the mouth closed; to mumble, as in sulkiness.
- To beg, especially if using a repeated phrase.
- To deprive of (something) by cheating; to impose upon.
- To cheat; to deceive; to play the beggar.
- To be sullen or sulky.
- A cube of peat.
- A common name for the flower chrysanthemum.
- One million United States dollars
- A greasy secretion with a powerful odour, produced in a glandular sac of the male musk deer and used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- A similar secretion produced by the otter and the civet.
- A synthetic organic compound used as a substitute for the above.
- The odour of musk.
- The musk deer (genus Moschus).
- The (
- A plant of the genus ( the
- A plant of the genus Muscari; grape hyacinth.
- The scent of human genitalia when aroused or unwashed, especially that of a man.
- To perfume with musk.
- To do with certainty; definition.
- To do as a requirement; definition.
- Something that is mandatory or required.
- The property of being stale or musty.
- Something that exhibits the property of being stale or musty.
- Fruit juice that will ferment or has fermented, usually grapes.
- To make musty.
- To become musty.
- A time during which male elephants exhibit increased levels of sexual activity and aggressiveness
- An elephant in this sexual and aggressive state.
- The greater mouse-deer,
- A corner; a nook. A fairy fiddler frae the neuk, [nook] - "Robert Burns", by William Allan Neilson (1917)
- A bend (e.g. in a coast) …the fleet, after exploring the harbours, had doubled the East Neuk, passed safely through St Andrews Bay, and entered the Firth of Tay. --Chronicles of Strathearn (1896) - Rev. John Hunter.
- in Oceania. Official name: Republic of Niue.
- A word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality, or idea; one of the basic parts of speech in many languages, including English.
- Either a word that can be used to refer to a person, animal, place, thing, phenomenon, substance, quality or idea, or a word that modifies or describes a previous word or its referent; a substantive or adjective, sometimes also including other parts of speech such as numeral or pronoun.
- To convert a word to a noun.
- The mind or intellect, reason, both rational and emotional
- In Neoplatonism, the divine reason, regarded as first divine emanation.
- Common sense; practical intelligence.
- Without clothing or other covering of the skin; without clothing on the genitals or female nipples.
- Of a color (such as beige or tan) that evokes bare flesh.
- A painting, sculpture, photograph or other artwork or mass-media-reproduced image depicting one or more human figure(s) in a state of near or total undress.
- The state of total nudity.
- Without the power of sensation and motion or feeling; insensible.
- Not able to react, surprised, shocked.
- Causing numbness.
- To cause to become numb.
- A city in northern Finland.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- That which belongs to us; the possessive case of we, used without a following noun.
- The female gamete in animals; the egg cell.
- The Amu Darya river.
- A city in Burma near Rangoon.
- A headdress for women popular in 18th century France.
- A high hair style for women consisting of a roll or pad of hair, worn up.
- Part of an item of clothing consisting of gathered fabric in a bunch.
- A low cushioned seat with no back; a padded footstool.
- A short skirt gathered into a rounded puffy shape; a puffball.
- A ball of fabric (such as nylon monofilament netting) used for washing (as an alternative to a flannel, washcloth, sponge, etc.).
- A small saddle cushion worn atop the buttocks (as a fashion trend – similar to a bustle).
- To make poufy or bouffant.
- Of or pertaining to pulp magazines; in the style of a pulp magazine or the material printed within such a publication.
- A soft, moist, shapeless mass or matter.
- A magazine or book containing lurid subject matter and characteristically printed on rough, unfinished paper.
- The soft center of a fruit
- The soft center of a tooth
- A mixture of wood, cellulose and/or rags and water ground up to make paper.
- Mass of chemically processed wood fibres (cellulose).
- A suspension of mineral particles (suspension typically being achieved by some form of agitation)
- To make, or be made into pulp
- To beat to a pulp.
- A device for moving or compressing a liquid or gas.
- An instance of the action of a pump; one stroke of a pump; any action similar to pumping
- A device for dispensing liquid or gas to be sold, particularly fuel.
- A swelling of the muscles caused by increased blood flow following high intensity weightlifting.
- A ride on a bicycle given to a passenger, usually on the handlebars or fender.
- The heart.
- To use a pump to move (liquid or gas).
- To fill with air.
- To move rhythmically, as the motion of a pump.
- To shake (a person's hand) vigorously.
- To gain information from (a person) by persistent questioning.
- To use a pump to move liquid or gas.
- To be going very well.
- To kick, throw or hit the ball far and high.
- To pass gas; to fart.
- To pass (messages) into a program so that it can obey them.
- A type of shoe, a trainer or sneaker.
- A type of women's shoe which leaves the instep uncovered and has a relatively high heel, especially a stiletto (with a very high and thin heel)
- A dancing shoe.
- A type of shoe without a heel.
- A city of Peru, in the southwest of the country by Lake Titicaca
- A new pupil at a school etc.; a junior student.
- A younger person.
- A beginner, a novice.
- An inferior person; a subordinate.
- Of inferior size, strength or significance.
- small, weak, not effective.
- A particular stitch in knitting; an inversion of stitches giving the work a ribbed or waved appearance.
- The edge of lace trimmed with loops.
- An embroidered and puckered border; a hem or fringe, often of gold or silver twist; also, a pleat or fold, as of a band.
- To decorate with fringe or embroidered edge
- an inverted stitch producing ribbing etc
- a heavy or headlong fall; an upset.
- To upset, to spin, capsize, fall heavily, fall headlong.
- To flow with a murmuring sound in swirls and eddies.
- To rise in circles, ripples, or undulations; to curl; to mantle.
- A circle made by the motion of a fluid; an eddy; a ripple.
- A gentle murmuring sound, such as that produced by the running of a liquid among obstructions.
- Ale or beer spiced with wormwood or other bitter herbs, regarded as a tonic.
- Hot beer mixed with gin, sugar, and spices.
- A tern.
- Of a cat, to make a vibrating sound in its throat when contented.
- To say (something) in a throaty, seductive manner.
- To make a vibrating throaty sound, as from pleasure.
- To make a low and consistent rumbling sound.
- The vibrating sound made by a cat in its throat when contented.
- A throaty, seductive sound of pleasure made by a person.
- The low consistent rumble made by an engine at slow speed