Page 1 from 1
Total results: 839
- In a bursting condition.
- To modify.
- To improve or rectify.
- To settle an insurance claim.
- To change to fit circumstances.
- Narrow; strait; contracted; not spacious.
- Sticking out, or puffed out; swelling.
- In a strutting manner; with a strutting gait.
- quickly and critically discerning
- shrewd or crafty
- jet-black in color.
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- a variant of Austin.
- English novelist.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- A member of the Basotho people.
- A person who has been beatified.
- To blacken with smut; foul with soot.
- To set with or as with studs; adorn with bosses.
- Occurring in abrupt bursts, especially of information
- A small bush.
- A sprig or bouquet.
- Part of a garden devoted to shrubs.
- Having a certain type of bust
- Broke; having no money.
- Caught in the act of doing something one shouldn't do.
- Extremely ugly.
- A North-American tree,
- An excited activity; a stir.
- A cover to protect and hide the back panel of a computer or other office machine.
- A frame worn underneath a woman's skirt, typically only protruding from the rear as opposed to the earlier more circular hoops.
- To move busily and energetically with fussiness (often followed by about).
- To teem or abound (usually followed by with); to exhibit an energetic and active abundance (of a thing). See also bustle with.
- A melody or song, particularly ecclesiastical.
- The principal voice.
- A leather fighting glove, frequently weighted with metal.
- A girdle, especially that of Aphrodite (or Venus) which gave the wearer the power to excite love.
- he; the one; the person in question
- Sexual intercourse, especially involving penile-vaginal penetration.
- A goldsmith's crucible.
- Having a crust, especially a thick one
- Short-tempered and gruff but, sometimes, with a harmless or benign inner nature; peevish, surly, harsh.
- Of very low quality; inferior.
- A tramp or homeless young person with poor cleanliness.
- Dried eye mucus.
- A member of an urban subculture with roots in punk and grebo, characterized by antiestablishment attitudes and an unkempt appearance.
- A person skilled in using a cue.
- Established or accepted religious rites or customs of worship; state of religious development.
- A pigeon, wood pigeon or ring dove.
- A ghost town in Idaho.
- A village in Michigan.
- A in Montana.
- A city in South Dakota
- A in Washington.
- Frequent repetition of the same behavior; way of behavior common to many; ordinary manner; habitual practice; method of doing, living or behaving.
- Traditional beliefs or rituals
- Habitual buying of goods; practice of frequenting, as a shop, manufactory, etc., for making purchases or giving orders; business support.
- Long-established practice, considered as unwritten law, and resting for authority on long consent; usage. See Usage, and Prescription.
- Familiar acquaintance; familiarity.
- The customary toll, tax, or tribute.
- Created under particular specifications, specially to fit one's needs: specialized, unique, custom-made
- Own, personal, not standard or premade
- To make familiar; to accustom.
- To supply with customers.
- To pay the customs of.
- To have a custom.
- Overly, affectedly or unnecessarily cute; too cute to be taken as serious.
- A variety of cellulose, occurring as a fine transparent membrane covering the aerial organs of plants, and forming an essential ingredient of cork.
- The set of edges (of a cut) whose endpoints are in different subsets of the partition
- To taste carefully to fully appreciate it.
- To savour
- The number of strokes that make up a written letter, and the direction, sequence and speed in which they are written.
- A subtle reduction of weight towards the middle of the stroke of the letter.
- A duct, tube or canal in the body.
- name (very rarely also given to women).
- The river Scheldt, which springs modestly in Northern France but becomes navigable for seaships in Flanders (Belgium) and the Netherlands
- A room in a Pueblo Indian house.
- A city in Florida
- A town in Maine
- A village in Nebraska
- Gas generated in the digestive tract.
- Expulsion of such gas through the anus.
- Morbid inflation or swelling.
- Causing death or disaster; fatal, catastrophic; deplorable, lamentable.
- A saddle tree maker.
- To fret, whine, or complain.
- To fuss; to meddle or micromanage.
- To become marked with signs of age or decay.
- To fumble; to work clumsily.
- Smoke tree,
- The dye obtained from the wood of this tree.
- A tropical American tree, whose wood produces a yellow dye.
- A European tree, whose wood produces an orange dye.
- The wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from the wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from fustic, Rhus cotinus, or Venetian sumach.
- A small piece of cloth inserted in a garment, for the purpose of strengthening some part or giving it a tapering enlargement.
- A small piece of mail, providing some protection where two plates of armor are joined, usually at the elbows, under the shoulders, and behind the knees.
- A kind of bracket, or angular piece of iron, fastened in the angles of a structure to give strength or stiffness; especially, the part joining the barrel and the fire box of a locomotive boiler.
- An abatement or mark of dishonor in a coat of arms, resembling a gusset.
- (roofing) A large flat metal piece wider than the valley to help prevent build-up at the base of the valley, either from debris or ice dam formations.
- A gap in a series, making it incomplete.
- An interruption, break or pause.
- An unexpected break from work.
- A gap in geological strata.
- An opening in an organ.
- A syllable break between two vowels, without an intervening consonant. (Compare diphthong.)
- The condition of having such a break.
- To rush or hurry.
- To con or deceive; especially financially.
- To bundle, to stow something quickly.
- To dance the hustle, a disco dance.
- To play deliberately badly at a game or sport in an attempt to encourage players to challenge.
- To sell sex, to work as a pimp.
- To be a prostitute, to exchange use of one's body for sexual purposes for money.
- To put a lot of effort into one's work.
- To push someone roughly, to crowd, to jostle.
- A state of busy activity.
- A type of disco dance.
- An activity, such as prostitution or reselling stolen items, that a prisoner uses to earn money in prison.
- To offend (someone) by being rude, insensitive or insolent; to demean or affront (someone).
- To behave in an obnoxious and superior manner (over, against).
- To leap or trample upon; to make a sudden onset upon.
- An action or form of speech deliberately intended to be rude.
- Anything that causes offence/offense, e.g. by being of an unacceptable quality.
- Something causing disease or injury to the body or bodily processes.
- The act of leaping on; onset; attack.
- A bruise; a contusion.
- The son of Aedon.
- a member of the Society of Jesus
- A crafty person; an intriguer.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of this society or its members
- In a just or fair manner; rightfully.
- With a just or fair use of language; with good reason, properly.
- With great precision; accurately, exactly.
- Of or relating to the Jutes.
- A dyestuff extracted from certain lichens, that changes color when exposed to pH levels greater than or less than certain critical levels.
- A simple test of acidity in a liquid using litmus, usually in the form of litmus paper.
- A simple test of any attribute; a litmus test.
- A military trumpet.
- A curve with polar equation <math>r^2 \theta = a^2</math>, where a is a constant.
- Any of the grasshoppers, usually swarming, in the family Acrididae that are very destructive to crops and other vegetation.
- especially, the (
- ( (does not swarm)
- ( extinct
- ( - Australia
- ( spp.)
- A locust tree.
- To come in a swarm.
- One who plays the lute.
- Covered with clay; miry.
- The capital city of Shimane prefecture, Japan.
- A tubular opening or passage in the body.
- cut incorrectly
- To cut incorrectly.
- A kind of firearm formerly carried by the infantry of an army. It was originally fired by means of a match, or matchlock, for which several mechanical appliances (including the flintlock, and finally the percussion lock) were successively substituted. This arm has been superseded by the rifle.
- an octoroon, someone of one-eighth African ancestry
- An enzyme that catalyzes the shifting of a functional group from one position to another within the same molecule.
- A psychological disorder in which the sufferer cannot speak in certain situations.
- One who exhibits mutism.
- Having a sensitive sense of smell.
- pedantic; captious
- A person who practices nudism.
- Relating to nudists and nudism.
- Intellectually dull or dim-witted.
- Indirect or circuitous.
- Of sound: deadened or muffled.
- Of an angle: greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
- Of a triangle: having one obtuse angle.
- Not sharp; blunt.
- A small opening or orifice, as in a body organ or passage.
- Any of the small openings or pores in a sponge.
- The first decade of a century, such as the 1900s, 2000 to 2009, etc, where the digit in the tens place is zero.
- A person who is ousted, especially one who is removed from his place of residence or land to make room for an infrastructure improvement or public works project.
- A putting out of possession; dispossession; ejection.
- Action by a cotenant that prevents another cotenant from enjoying the use of jointly owned property.
- Specifically, the forceful removal of a politician or regime from power; coup.
- Someone who ousts.
- To ask or proclaim for the last time.
- To announce or publish the banns of marriage of (a couple) in church for the third time.
- To release gaseous substances into the air, especially of a polymer material as it is aged or heated.
- To see beyond; to surpass in foresight.
- the beginning or initial stage of something
- To cause (a design element) to extend around the outside of something else, the opposite of being inset.
- To surpass in sinning.
- To remain sitting, or in session, longer than, or beyond the time of; to outstay.
- The breast, especially of a bird.
- The god of wealth in Ancient Greek religion and myth. He was the son of Demeter and Iasion.
- having the greatest purity
- Of or pertaining to purism
- An advocate of purism
- A purse or purse net.
- A competitive game in which players throw rings, aiming to land them over vertical sticks.
- A seizure.
- A state of rapture.
- Any of several straight muscles in various parts of the body, as of the abdomen, thigh, eye etc.
- To proceed, spring up or rise, as a consequence, from facts, arguments, premises, combination of circumstances, consultation, thought or endeavor.
- To come out, or have an issue; to terminate; to have consequences; followed by in.
- To return to the proprietor (or heirs) after a reversion.
- To leap back; to rebound.
- That which results; the conclusion or end to which any course or condition of things leads, or which is obtained by any process or operation; consequence or effect.
- The fruit, beneficial or tangible effect(s) achieved by effort.
- The decision or determination of a council or deliberative assembly; a resolve; a decree.
- A flying back; resilience.
- The final score in a game.
- A positive or favourable outcome for someone.
- Having a rounded apex with small central notch
- A bird's gaping mouth
- Any open-mouthed expression
- Evincing strength and health; strong
- Violent; rough; rude.
- Requiring strength or vigor
- Sensible (of intellect etc.); straightforward, not given to or confused by uncertainty or subtlety
- Designed or evolved in such a way as to be resistant to total failure despite partial damage.
- Resistant or impervious to failure regardless of user input or unexpected conditions.
- Not greatly influenced by errors in assumptions about the distribution of sample errors.
- Corroded; having been oxidized or covered in rust.
- Country-styled or pastoral; rural.
- Unfinished or roughly finished.
- Crude, rough.
- Simple; artless; unaffected.
- A (sometimes unsophisticated) person from a rural area.
- A soft crackling sound similar to the movement of leaves.
- To move (something) with a soft crackling sound.
- To make or obtain in a lively, energetic way.
- To steal (cattle or other livestock).
- Tending to rustle; making a rustling noise.
- A lozenge with a smaller round hole in the centre, showing the field (rarely used).
- Any of the spacecraft involved in the the first space station programme undertaken by the Soviet Union, from 1971 to 1986.
- A type of hammered dulcimer played in Persian music
- Reconciliation; peace.
- To reconcile; become reconciled.
- Reconciled; agreed; at one.
- a Dutch flat-bottomed sailboat, broad in the beam, with square stern; usually equipped with leeboards to serve for a keel.
- A an abrupt, high-pitched sound.
- A beggar or destitute person.
- To beg or scrounge.
- To form by sculpture.
- To work as a sculptor.
- Of or relating to a shield.
- Of or relating to a scutum.
- To beat or whip; to drub.
- To separate the woody fibre from (flax, hemp, etc.) by beating; to swingle.
- An implement used to separate the fibres of flax by beating them.
- The woody fibre of flax; the refuse of scutched flax.
- A tuft or clump of grass.
- A wall separating two cavities; a partition
- A partition that separates the cells of a fruit.
- A partition that separates the cells of a (septated) fungus.
- One of the radial calcareous plates of a coral.
- One of the transverse partitions dividing the shell of a mollusk, or of a rhizopod, into several chambers.
- One of the transverse partitions dividing the body cavity of an annelid.
- To bury or inter.
- A small, short hair or bristle; a small seta.
- A detective.
- A sleuth-hound; a bloodhound.
- An animal’s trail or track.
- To act as a detective; to try to discover who committed a crime.
- Slowness; laziness, sloth.
- A collective term for a group of bears.
- Of or resembling a slut.
- To soil, stain or smudge
- A stain, smudge or blot
- Soiled with smut; blackened, dirty.
- Obscene, indecent.
- Marked by a prominent snout.
- Shaped like a snout, especially a pig's.
- To spit out violently, as with disgust or surprise.
- To squirt out in a messy stream.
- To spring up; to germinate.
- any short, stiff object.
- A leap; a spring.
- A steep ascent in a road.
- Active; lively; vigorous.
- Matter coughed up and expectorated from the mouth, composed of saliva and discharges from the respiratory passages such as mucus, phlegm or pus.
- To look with the eyes partly closed, as in bright sunlight, or as a threatening expression.
- To look or glance sideways.
- To look with, or have eyes that are turned in different directions; to suffer from strabismus.
- To have an indirect bearing, reference, or implication; to have an allusion to, or inclination towards, something.
- To be not quite straight, off-centred; to deviate from a true line; to run obliquely.
- To turn to an oblique position; to direct obliquely.
- An expression in which the eyes are partly closed.
- The look of eyes which are turned in different directions, as in strabismus.
- quick or sideways glance.
- A short look.
- A hagioscope.
- The angle by which the transmission signal is offset from the normal of a phased array antenna.
- askew, not level
- An instrument from which a liquid is forcefully ejected in a small, quick stream.
- A small, quick stream; a jet.
- The whole system of flow in the vicinity of a source.
- A burst of noise.
- An annoyingly pretentious person; a whippersnapper.
- A small child.
- Female ejaculate.
- To be thrown out, or ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To cause to be ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To hit with a rapid stream of liquid.
- To throw out or utter words rapidly; to prate.
- To ejaculate.
- An hour.
- A tide, season.
- A time, length of time, hour, while.
- A brief span of time, moment, instant.
- A moment or instance of urgency; exigence.
- A sharp or sudden pain; a shock, an attack.
- A stroke or blow (from a object or weapon); a lashing; scourging
- A fit, an episode or sudden outburst of emotion; a rush.
- Astonishment; amazement
- To hurt, pain, smart.
- To be in pain or sorrow, mourn.
- To long or pine after, desire.
- To stand still; stop.
- To stop to listen; pause.
- A stand; a stop.
- A receptacle for holding small beer.
- A fight, an argument.
- To fight; to argue.
- Resembling or characteristic of the kind of beer called stout.
- A data structure, especially one that serves to group a number of fields (in contrast to an object-oriented class with methods) or one that is passed by value rather than by reference.
- A stock of breeding mares.
- A scrofulous swelling; a tumour or goitre.
- A Russian river craft used for transporting freight.
- Abounding with stubs.
- Like a stub; short, especially cut short, thick and stiff; stunted; stubbed.
- A small, squat beer bottle.
- Something worthless or counterfeit.
- close of play (when the stumps are pulled out of the ground by the umpires)
- Like or resembling a stump, short and cut off.
- Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
- To the point of stupor.
- Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
- Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
- damn, annoying, darn
- A stupid person; a fool.
- The state or condition of being stupid.
- A state of reduced consciousness or sensibility.
- A state in which one has difficulty in thinking or using one’s senses.
- Enough to fill a sty.
- A sharp stick used in ancient times for writing in clay tablets or other surfaces; a sharp tool for engraving.
- A phonograph needle.
- A small plastic stick used as a pen for writing on the touch sensitive screen of an electronic gadget.
- A tool for making small dots on a piece of heavy paper, used to produce Braille writing for the blind by hand.
- To reduce; to subdue.
- Abnormal, especially excessively deep, sleep.
- To lease or rent all or part of (a property) (to another person).
- Property leased by one lessee to another.
- A lot that forms part of a larger lot.
- To yield or give way to another.
- To enter or put forward for approval, consideration, marking etc.
- To win a fight against (an opponent) by submission.
- To let down; to lower.
- To put or place under.
- The abstraction of a sequence.
- A portion of a network that shares a network address in which each component is identified by a number.
- To break (a network) into subnets.
- With respect to another set, a set such that each of its elements is also an element of the other set.
- A group of things or people, all of which are in a specified larger group.
- To take a subset of.
- To extract only the portions of (a font) that are needed to display a particular document.
- Hard to grasp; not obvious or easily understood; barely noticeable.
- Cleverly contrived.
- Cunning, skillful.
- Tenuous; rarefied; of low density or thin consistency.
- With subtleness, in a subtle manner. With cleverness rather than brute force.
- To perspire, to sweat.
- Of the same suit.
- A party to a suit or litigation.
- One who sues, petitions, solicits, or entreats; a petitioner.
- One who sues for the hand of a woman in marriage; a wooer; one who courts a mistress.
- To play the suitor; to woo; to make love.
- hot and humid
- very hot and dry; torrid
- sexually enthralling
- Somewhat, to a limited extent or degree
- A peak; the top of a mountain.
- A gathering or assembly of leaders.
- To reach the summit of a mountain.
- hero of the American Revolution
- a city in South Carolina, USA
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska, USA.
- Illuminated by sunlight.
- The time of day when the sun disappears below the western horizon.
- The changes in color of the sky at sunset.
- The final period of the life of a person or thing.
- Having a set termination date.
- The region where the sun sets; the west.
- To phase out.
- In humans a brown or darkened coloration of the skin caused by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- To obtain a suntan by exposure to ultraviolet light.
- To attempt to obtain a suntan.
- That which makes sure; that which confirms; ground of confidence or security.
- A promise to pay a sum of money in the event that another person fails to fulfill an obligation.
- A substitute; a hostage.
- Evidence; confirmation; warrant.
- An additional or extra tax.
- To impose a surtax upon.
- To sigh, or moan
- To whir
- The sighing of the wind
- Done by stitching.
- The longest of five rivers that run through Punjab in both India and Pakistan.
- Any of a number of places, including:
- A town in south London, and a London Borough within Greater London.
- A village, also known as Sutton-in-the-Isle, in East Cambridgeshire district, England.
- A town in West Virginia, USA
- Of Greek consonants, neither aspirated nor voiced, as [p], [t], [k]
- Of obstruents in other languages, not voiced, aspirated, glottalized, or otherwise different in phonation from the prototypical values of the voiceless IPA letters ([p], [t], [k], [f], [θ], [s], [ʃ], etc.).
- a tenuis consonant
- A small domical mountain or hill.
- An attack made by moving the sword parallel to its length and landing with the point.
- A push, stab, or lunge forward (the act thereof.)
- The force generated by propulsion, as in a jet engine.
- The primary effort; the goal.
- To make advance with force.
- To force something upon someone.
- To push out or extend rapidly or powerfully.
- To push or drive with force; to shove.
- To enter by pushing; to squeeze in.
- To stab; to pierce; usually with through.
- A giant; a gigantic spectre; an apparition.
- thus (in this way).
- Thin, woven, gauze-like fabric.
- A fine transparent silk material, used for veils, etc.; specifically, cloth interwoven with gold or silver threads, or embossed with figures.
- A sheet of absorbent paper, especially one that is made to be used as tissue paper, toilet paper or a handkerchief.
- Absorbent paper as material.
- A group of similar cells that function together to do a specific job.
- Web; texture; complicated fabrication; connected series.
- To form tissue of; to interweave.
- Abounding in tone or sound.
- A deposit of monosodium urate crystals in the body, caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood.
- To put into disorder; to tumble; to touse; to muss.
- The action of ruffling or setting in disorder.
- The small piece of thick cartilage of the external ear that is immediately in front of the ear canal.
- trousers (or similar garments)
- The game of lawn billiards.
- The wheel-set of railroad rolling stock.
- A self-evident or obvious truth.
- A banality or cliché.
- Problems or troubles.
- Any member of a group of roving Turanian tribes in Eastern Siberia and the Amoor valley, who speak Tungusic languages.
- The Evenki language.
- Furnished with tusks.
- An animal, such as a bull elephant or a boar, with large tusks.
- A tool used in peat cutting.
- Relating to coughing.
- A deep gold-coloured silk produced from larvae of several species of silk worms belonging to the moth genus Antheraea
- Any of the moth species used to produce tussar silk
- A physical fight or struggle.
- A conflict, an argument, a disagreement
- To have a tussle.
- a Eurasian perennial shrub.
- One of several similar diseases, characterised by high recurrent fever, caused by Rickettsia bacteria. Not to be confused with typhoid fever.
- To detach (a rope, line, etc.).
- To bring back to a standing position (a horse or other large animal that is lying down with its legs under it).
- To reverse the effects of (a magical spell).
- To remove (an actor) from a role that was previously assigned to them.
- Not having been cast (in various senses).
- To free from dust; remove dust from
- To loose; release.
- Not fast or safe; not secure.
- Not fair, just or right.
- To undo the process of listing; to remove something from a list.
- Displeasure; dislike.
- listlessness; disinclination.
- To eject from a nest.
- To separate objects that have been nested or placed one inside the other.
- A state of trouble, confusion and turbulence, especially in a political context; a time of riots, demonstrations and protests.
- To throw from one's seat; to deprive of a seat.
- To deprive of the right to sit in a legislative body, as for fraud in election, or simply by defeating them in an election.
- Not yet sent or transmitted.
- Not having been shot.
- Not discharged or fired off.
- To remove the shot from (a gun); to unload.
- To open (a door, window etc.).
- Not having been slit.
- Not soft; hard; coarse; rough.
- Not softly.
- To sort out; to resolve.
- To shuffle a data structure so that it is no longer sorted.
- To remove (meat, etc.) from a spit.
- To remove a star from.
- To demote a question from an oral one to a written one (because oral questions are conventionally marked with a star on the Order of Business in the House of Commons).
- To remove (the mast) from a sailing vessel.
- To remove a stoppage; to clear a blockage.
- To unplug or uncork a container.
- To unload stowed cargo from a ship etc.
- To fail to suit; to be unfit for.
- unknown, unrecognized
- Cast up; thrown upward.
- A cast; a throw.
- The ventilating shaft of a mine out of which the air passes after having circulated through the mine.
- An upset, as from a carriage.
- A taunt; a reproach.
- A cast from subtype to supertype.
- A message transmitted via upcasting.
- To cast or throw up; to turn upward.
- To taunt; to reproach; to upbraid.
- To cast from subtype to supertype.
- To broadcast a message or data to aircraft or satellites, especially via radio waves; as opposed to uplinking to a specific satellite or aircraft
- The resurrection.
- A concise summary.
- The final result, or outcome of something.
- An upward shift of tone between the syllables or words of a tonal language.
- To apply an upward shift of tone between the syllables or words of a tonal language.
- commotion; disturbance, tumult
- disturb, cause a commotion, stir up
- To toss up.
- To be tossed up.
- A tossing up.
- That which is tossed up.
- A world-wide distributed discussion system consisting of newsgroups classified hierarchically by subject.
- The act of burning, or the state of being burned.
- Situated at the most distant limit; farthest.
- The most extreme; ultimate; greatest.
- Maximum; greatest possible amount or quantity.
- venerable from antiquity; ancient; old
- A son of Hellen and Orseis, and founder (through his sons) of the Achaean and Ionian nations.
- A long and open portico within the gymnasium.