Page 1 from 1
Total results: 586
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- The total, aggregate or sum of material
- A quantity or volume.
- The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- To total or evaluate.
- To be the same as or equivalent to.
- To go up; to ascend.
- jet-black in color.
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- A member of the Basotho people.
- To call (someone) a lout.
- To address or speak of with contemptuous language.
- (in plural; also water-bougets) A charge resembling the water bags that were used to supply the army in battle.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- Something given liberally.
- A reward for some specific act, especially one given by a government or authority.
- Formerly, money paid to volunteers for serving in the British navy in time of war.
- A trawl; a boulter.
- The mode of fishing with a boulter or spiller.
- A freshwater fish, taxonomic name Lota lota, similar to the ling and the cusk, which spawns in the winter.Displaced native eelpout
- The ether radical derived from butanol
- An old term for cotton
- Sexual intercourse, especially involving penile-vaginal penetration.
- A flirtatious female; a coquette.
- A flirtatious male.
- To act as a flirt or coquet.
- To waste time; to dally.
- To attempt to attract the notice, admiration, or love of; to treat with a show of tenderness or regard, with a view to deceive and disappoint.
- A hilly upland including the divide between two valleys.
- The side of a valley.
- A woven cloth created specifically for making corsets.
- Frequent repetition of the same behavior; way of behavior common to many; ordinary manner; habitual practice; method of doing, living or behaving.
- Traditional beliefs or rituals
- Habitual buying of goods; practice of frequenting, as a shop, manufactory, etc., for making purchases or giving orders; business support.
- Long-established practice, considered as unwritten law, and resting for authority on long consent; usage. See Usage, and Prescription.
- Familiar acquaintance; familiarity.
- The customary toll, tax, or tribute.
- Created under particular specifications, specially to fit one's needs: specialized, unique, custom-made
- Own, personal, not standard or premade
- To make familiar; to accustom.
- To supply with customers.
- To pay the customs of.
- To have a custom.
- A variety of cellulose, occurring as a fine transparent membrane covering the aerial organs of plants, and forming an essential ingredient of cork.
- Devoted to religion or to religious feelings and duties; absorbed in religious exercises; given to devotion; pious; reverent; religious.
- Expressing devotion or piety.
- Warmly devoted; hearty; sincere; earnest.
- A devotee.
- A devotional composition, or part of a composition; devotion.
- A sweetened dish.
- Deer's testicles.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- One who leads.
- A device, usually in the form of an oscillating roller, for transferring ink from a source to the ink train rollers in a controlled manner.
- A form of energy medicine devised by (1908–1994).
- Patron, protector.
- Admirer, one who favours.
- Supporter, adherent, partisan.
- To cut into; cut through; cut completely; cut in pieces; cut up; injure by cutting.
- A fig or whit; term of contempt.
- A fugal passage in a composition that is not a strict or complete fugue.
- A town in Alabama.
- A town/city in Arkansas.
- A in California.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town and county in Indiana.
- A city in Kansas.
- A city and county in Kentucky.
- A in Maryland.
- A city and county seat in Mississippi.
- A city in Missouri, and county seat of Callaway County.
- A city, a town and a county in New York.
- A village in Ohio.
- A town in South Dakota.
- A town in Texas.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A black, fibrous substance resembling horsehair, obtained from the leafstalks of two palms, and Arenga pinnata (syn. of the Indian islands, and used for making cordage.
- Full of grout(s), that is, sediment.
- Angry or surly, sulky.
- Lowering; threatening to rain or storm.
- Turbid as with liquor.
- The pignut or hickory ( of family Juglandaceae).
- a tuberous plant of the Apiaceae.
- Bunium bulbocastanum (black cumin) of the Apiaceae.
- Certain particularly (syn. of the Fabaceae.
- of the Lamiaceae.
- A South American motmot.
- Any of the grasshoppers, usually swarming, in the family Acrididae that are very destructive to crops and other vegetation.
- especially, the (
- ( (does not swarm)
- ( extinct
- ( - Australia
- ( spp.)
- A locust tree.
- To come in a swarm.
- The tree.
- The fruit of this tree. It is as large as a small plum, but grows in clusters, and contains four or five large seeds.
- Covered with clay; miry.
- an elephant driver and keeper
- drive elephants
- The Chinese tree peony, a shrub with large flowers of various colours.
- Overly talkative, insolent, and loud.
- The flesh of sheep used as food.
- Em, a unit of measurement equal to the height of the type in use.
- A prostitute.
- nothing but; only; just
- Nothing; something which does not exist.
- A thing or person of no worth or value; nil.
- Not any quantity of number; zero; the score of no points in a game.
- The figure or character representing, or having the shape of, zero.
- Good for nothing; worthless.
- Wicked, immoral.
- To abase, to set at nought.
- To no extent; in no way; not at all.
- Nothing; zero.
- To reduce the edge or effects of; to mitigate; to dull.
- Intellectually dull or dim-witted.
- Indirect or circuitous.
- Of sound: deadened or muffled.
- Of an angle: greater than 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees.
- Of a triangle: having one obtuse angle.
- Not sharp; blunt.
- To cover or hide from view.
- To dissimulate, conceal, or obfuscate.
- Secret; hidden from general knowledge; undetected.
- Related to the occult; pertaining to mysticism, magic, or astrology.
- Supernatural affairs.
- To cut off.
- A piece that has been cut off of a larger piece when not needed; surplus.
- Cut off.
- Excess; surplus.
- A small opening or orifice, as in a body organ or passage.
- Any of the small openings or pores in a sponge.
- The first decade of a century, such as the 1900s, 2000 to 2009, etc, where the digit in the tens place is zero.
- A person who is ousted, especially one who is removed from his place of residence or land to make room for an infrastructure improvement or public works project.
- A putting out of possession; dispossession; ejection.
- Action by a cotenant that prevents another cotenant from enjoying the use of jointly owned property.
- Specifically, the forceful removal of a politician or regime from power; coup.
- Someone who ousts.
- To act (play a role in theatre, film etc.) better than.
- A temporary suspension of operation, especially of electrical power supply.
- The amount of something lost in storage or transportation.
- To ask or proclaim for the last time.
- To announce or publish the banns of marriage of (a couple) in church for the third time.
- To surpass in begging.
- To bid more than (somebody else) in an auction.
- To surpass in bowing.
- A box holding all the mail to be sent out.
- An electronic folder holding sent emails.
- To box better than.
- To spend more money than (someone) buying goods.
- To outbid (someone) for something.
- To reach a better purchase bargain than (someone).
- In the direction away from the coal face.
- A short distance away.
- a loud cry or uproar
- a strong protest
- To cry out.
- To cry louder than.
- To cut out.
- To surpass or exceed in cutting; cut more than or cut superior to.
- That which is cut out.
- A groove; channel.
- Cut out.
- A set of clothing (with accessories).
- Gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose.
- Any cohesive group of people; a unit; such as a military company.
- A business or firm.
- A sports team.
- An outlier-sensitive fit.
- To provide with, usually for a specific purpose.
- To fly better, faster, or further than.
- to beat in a competition of wits
- To release gaseous substances into the air, especially of a polymer material as it is aged or heated.
- To hit something better or further than another, especially to score better in a game involving hitting a ball with a bat.
- A pleasure trip or excursion.
- An appearance to perform in public, for example in a drama, film, on a musical album, as a sports contestant etc.
- The practice of publicly revealing that a person is homosexual without that person's consent.
- That which jets out or projects; a protrusion.
- To jut outward.
- Part of something that juts outward; a protrusion.
- A fugitive from the law.
- A criminal who is excluded from normal legal rights; one who can be killed at will without legal penalty.
- A person who operates outside established norms.
- A wild horse.
- An in-law: a relative by marriage.
- A prostitute who works alone, without a pimp.
- To declare illegal.
- To place a ban upon.
- To remove from legal jurisdiction or enforcement.
- To deprive of legal force.
- A laying out or expending; that which is laid out or expended.
- The spending of money, or an expenditure.
- A remote haunt or habitation.
- To lay or spread out; expose; display.
- To spend, or distribute money.
- A vent or similar passage to allow the escape of something.
- Something which allows for the release of one's desires.
- A river that runs out of a lake.
- A shop that sells the products of a particular manufacturer or supplier.
- A wall-mounted device such as a socket or receptacle connected to an electrical system at which current is taken to supply utilization equipment or appliances.
- To tell more or better lies than.
- To lie outside, or at the extremes or periphery.
- A plot of undeveloped land, sometimes without access to public roads, designated by a developer on a plat for future construction or noted for its unsuitability to be designated a full lot
- To have more people than (one's competitor)
- Production; quantity produced, created, or completed.
- Data sent out of the computer, as to output device such as a monitor or printer.
- The flow rate of body liquids such as blood and urine.
- To produce, create, or complete.
- To send data out of a computer, as to an output device such as a monitor or printer.
- To surpass in rapping (speaking lyrics in rap music); to rap better than.
- To spread out in array.
- To outshine.
- To stabilize by fitting with an outrigger.
- To row faster or better than.
- To run faster than.
- To exceed or overextend.
- The sheepdog's initial run towards the sheep, done in a curving motion so as not to startle them.
- To see beyond; to surpass in foresight.
- the beginning or initial stage of something
- To cause (a design element) to extend around the outside of something else, the opposite of being inset.
- To surpass in sinning.
- To remain sitting, or in session, longer than, or beyond the time of; to outstay.
- To outdo a competitor or rival.
- A way out; an exit or outlet.
- The path outbound from the LAN (Local Area Network) to the WAN (Wide Area Network).
- To win a way out (of); to escape (from).
- To get the better of; to outsmart, to beat in a competition of wits.
- A member of a tribe of Native Americans who historically inhabited eastern Connecticut and spoke a variety of Mohegan-Pequot.
- This tribe.
- The variety of Mohegan-Pequot spoken by this tribe.
- as much as a pot will hold
- A pot-shaped cannon; a mortar.
- A pop gun.
- A person who habitually pouts; a sourpuss
- A breed of pigeon that inflates its crop
- One of the short pieces of timber on which the planks forming the floor of a scaffold are laid, one end resting on the ledger of the scaffold, and the other in a hole left in the wall temporarily for the purpose.
- A competitive game in which players throw rings, aiming to land them over vertical sticks.
- Somebody whose words are being quoted.
- A part or proportion; a fraction; quota.
- The situation where the body experiences a negative g-force sufficient to cause a blood flow from the lower parts of the body to the head.
- Evincing strength and health; strong
- Violent; rough; rude.
- Requiring strength or vigor
- Sensible (of intellect etc.); straightforward, not given to or confused by uncertainty or subtlety
- Designed or evolved in such a way as to be resistant to total failure despite partial damage.
- Resistant or impervious to failure regardless of user input or unexpected conditions.
- Not greatly influenced by errors in assumptions about the distribution of sample errors.
- In croquet, the act of hitting another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- In croquet, to hit another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- raw or poor quality alcoholic liquor
- Having a round or spherical shape; circular; orbicular.
- Round in body shape; portly or plump; podgy.
- Full and rich; orotund; sonorous; full-toned.
- assigned a route
- decisively beaten or defeated
- A tempo in which strict timing is relaxed, the music being played near, but not on the beat
- Marked by a prominent snout.
- Shaped like a snout, especially a pig's.
- An hour.
- A tide, season.
- A time, length of time, hour, while.
- A brief span of time, moment, instant.
- A moment or instance of urgency; exigence.
- A sharp or sudden pain; a shock, an attack.
- A stroke or blow (from a object or weapon); a lashing; scourging
- A fit, an episode or sudden outburst of emotion; a rush.
- Astonishment; amazement
- To hurt, pain, smart.
- To be in pain or sorrow, mourn.
- To long or pine after, desire.
- To stand still; stop.
- To stop to listen; pause.
- A stand; a stop.
- A receptacle for holding small beer.
- A fight, an argument.
- To fight; to argue.
- Resembling or characteristic of the kind of beer called stout.
- A state of reduced consciousness or sensibility.
- A state in which one has difficulty in thinking or using one’s senses.
- A lot that forms part of a larger lot.
- A party to a suit or litigation.
- One who sues, petitions, solicits, or entreats; a petitioner.
- One who sues for the hand of a woman in marriage; a wooer; one who courts a mistress.
- To play the suitor; to woo; to make love.
- Any of a number of places, including:
- A town in south London, and a London Borough within Greater London.
- A village, also known as Sutton-in-the-Isle, in East Cambridgeshire district, England.
- A town in West Virginia, USA
- A fish of the wrasse family found in salt water off of eastern North America from Nova Scotia to South Carolina (
- The capital of the Araucanía region in Chile.
- A tempo mark directing that a note or passage is to be held for the full time
- A passage having this mark
- In a sustained manner
- describing a passage having this mark
- A small domical mountain or hill.
- Despite that; however.
- Used to intensify statements or questions; indeed.
- Despite the fact that; although.
- If, that, even if.
- A city in central Mexico; the capital of Mexico state.
- Of or pertaining to a toluic acid or its derivatives
- A complex double tolyl and toluidine derivative of glycocoll.
- Any of the three hypothetical radicals corresponding to the three toluic acids.
- The cutting edge of the bill of a bird.
- The flexible muscular organ in the mouth that is used to move food around, for tasting and that is moved into various positions to modify the flow of air from the lungs in order to produce different sounds in speech.
- Any similar organ, such as the lingual ribbon, or odontophore, of a mollusk; the proboscis of a moth or butterfly; or the lingua of an insect.
- A language.
- The power of articulate utterance; speech generally.
- Discourse; fluency of speech or expression.
- Honourable discourse; eulogy.
- In a shoe, the flap of material that goes between the laces and the foot, so called because it resembles a tongue in the mouth.
- Any large or long physical protrusion on an automotive or machine part or any other part that fits into a long groove on another part.
- A projection, or slender appendage or fixture.
- A long, narrow strip of land, projecting from the mainland into a sea or lake.
- The pole of a vehicle; especially, the pole of an ox cart, to the end of which the oxen are yoked.
- The clapper of a bell.
- An individual point of flame from a fire.
- A small sole (type of fish).
- A short piece of rope spliced into the upper part of standing backstays, etc.; also, the upper main piece of a mast composed of several pieces.
- A reed.
- On a wind instrument, to articulate a note by starting the air with a tap of the tongue, as though by speaking a 'd' or 't' sound (alveolar plosive).
- To manipulate with the tongue, as in kissing or oral sex.
- To protrude in relatively long, narrow sections.
- To join by means of a tongue and groove.
- To talk; to prate.
- To speak; to utter.
- To chide; to scold.
- Abounding in tone or sound.
- Full to the top or brim.
- A deposit of monosodium urate crystals in the body, caused by high levels of uric acid in the blood.
- A rotational or twisting effect of a force; a moment of force, defined for measurement purposes as an equivalent straight line force multiplied by the distance from the axis of rotation (SI unit newton metre or Nm; imperial unit foot-pound or ft.lbf).
- To twist or turn something.
- A tightly braided necklace or collar, often made of metal, worn by various early European peoples.
- Any of a group of fungi, Candida utilis, related to the yeasts, sometimes used in processed food
- Any of various neotropical frugivorous birds from the family Ramphastidae, with a large colorful beak.
- Extremely sensitive or volatile; easily disturbed to the point of becoming unstable; requiring caution or tactfulness.
- Easily offended; oversensitive; ticklish.
- A city in Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur, and the préfecture of the département of Var, in France.
- A small city in Illinois, USA
- An open-top or soft-top motor car suitable for touring
- A touring bicycle.
- To put into disorder; to tumble; to touse; to muss.
- The action of ruffling or setting in disorder.
- One who seeks customers, as for an inn, a public conveyance, shops, etc.: hence, an obtrusive candidate for office.
- Full of trifling play.
- A wooden trough forming a drain.
- A long, narrow container, open on top, for feeding or watering animals.
- Any similarly shaped container.
- A rectangular container used for washing or rinsing clothes.
- A short, narrow canal designed to hold water until it drains or evaporates.
- A gutter under the eaves of a building; an eaves trough.
- A channel for conveying water or other farm liquids (such as milk) from place to place by gravity; any ‘U’ or ‘V’ cross-sectioned irrigation channel.
- A long, narrow depression between waves or ridges; the low portion of a wave cycle.
- A linear atmospheric depression associated with a weather front.
- To eat in a vulgar style, as if from a trough.
- trousers (or similar garments)
- A kind of large cylindrical pasta.
- An abnormal growth; differential diagnosis includes abscess, metaplasia, and neoplasia.
- Any of the birds in the Musophagidae family with vivid colouring and prominent crest.
- A species of flatfish native to Europe ( earlier
- Any of various other flatfishes of family that are found in marine or brackish waters.
- A bud, produced by some aquatic plants, that becomes detached and dormant until the following spring
- A typically black formal jacket worn by men.
- The entire suit complementing and including this jacket.
- To unlock by undoing the bolts of.
- To take off the boots from.
- To remove a wheel clamp from
- (of the capsid shell) to dissociate from the viral core in the host cell cytoplasm
- In knot theory, a loop that is not knotted.
- To unfasten (a knot).
- To tear up by the roots; to uproot.
- Not having been shot.
- Not discharged or fired off.
- To remove the shot from (a gun); to unload.
- Not soft; hard; coarse; rough.
- Not softly.
- To sort out; to resolve.
- To shuffle a data structure so that it is no longer sorted.
- To remove a stoppage; to clear a blockage.
- To unplug or uncork a container.
- To unload stowed cargo from a ship etc.
- Not told; not related; not revealed.
- Not numbered or counted.
- Extremely large in scale, number or quantity
- To take from the tomb; to exhume; to disinter.
- Not previously walked, not previously explored or investigated.
- To reverse or annul by vote.
- unwonted; unused; unaccustomed
- To root up; to tear up by the roots, or as if by the roots; to extirpate.
- To remove utterly; to eradicate.
- A concise summary.
- The final result, or outcome of something.
- To toss up.
- To be tossed up.
- A tossing up.
- That which is tossed up.
- the residential part of a city, away from the commercial center
- To or in the upper part of a town.
- The act of burning, or the state of being burned.
- Situated at the most distant limit; farthest.
- The most extreme; ultimate; greatest.
- Maximum; greatest possible amount or quantity.
- The spiral curve on an Ionic capital.
- The spirals or whorls on a gastropod's shell.
- Any marine gastropod of the family .
- The casing in a centrifugal pump, whose shape is somewhat similar to architectural volutes.
- A spiral or scroll form.
- A scroll-shaped carving at the tuning head of a stringed musical instrument, similar to architectural volutes.
- Of a spring: having a spiral curve on its tail.
- A liquor fermented from milk, originally by the Turks.
- youth centre