Page 1 from 1
Total results: 552
- a promontory of Acarnania in Ancient Greece where and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian in a naval battle in 31 BC
- Sharpness or acuteness, as of a needle, wit, etc.
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- A dam made in a stream for maintaining and regulating irrigation.
- A variety of pyroxene, usually of a black or dark green color, occurring in igneous rocks, such as basalt.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- A seaside city on the Black Sea coast and capital of Adjara, an autonomous republic in southwest Georgia.
- The capital city of Lebanon.
- The drinking game of beer pong.
- The compound formed by condensation of two molecules of urea with the loss of a molecule of ammonia, (NH2-CO)2NH, or any of its derivatives
- A women's overgarment worn in 12th-century Western Europe, featuring voluminous skirts and horizontal puckering or pleating across a snugly fitted underbust abdomen.
- From, of, or pertaining to, Buryatia
- Someone from Buryatia.
- A Mongolic language spoken around Buryatia
- A North-American tree,
- Sexual intercourse, especially involving penile-vaginal penetration.
- A woven cloth created specifically for making corsets.
- A person skilled in using a cue.
- Of or relating to a cult or the methods of cults.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal mineral containing hydrogen, lead, oxygen, and uranium.
- To form skin.
- To make cute.
- A cutback.
- A T-shirt that has had the sleeves removed.
- spelling of Someone or something common and short or small.
- A hare.
- The Black Guillemot.
- Short, shortened or small. spelling of
- An authoritative statement; a dogmatic saying; a maxim, an apothegm.
- A judicial opinion expressed by judges on points that do not necessarily arise in the case, and are not involved in it.
- The report of a judgment made by one of the judges who has given it.
- An arbitrament or award.
- To make thinner by adding solvent to a solution; especially by adding water.
- To weaken, especially by adding a foreign substance.
- To cause the value of individual shares to decrease by increasing the total number of shares.
- To become attenuated, thin, or weak.
- Having a low concentration.
- Weak; reduced in strength due to dilution, diluted.
- A contact herbicide that produces desiccation and defoliation.
- A type of igneous rock with a coarse-grained or phaneritic texture.
- hardness; firmness
- harshness; cruelty
- name (very rarely also given to women).
- On which duty must be paid; taxable on import or export.
- Ownership, especially in terms of net monetary value of some business.
- A legal tradition that deals with remedies other than relief, such as injunctions, divorces and similar actions.
- Value of property minus liens or other
- An equitable claim; an equity of redemption.
- Ownership interest in a company as determined by subtracting liabilities from
- Justice, impartiality or fairness.
- A compact feldspathic rock; felsite.
- A city in Florida
- A town in Maine
- A village in Nebraska
- commission; fiat; order; decree
- Irregular; unsteady; characterized by fits.
- containing fruit or fruit flavoring
- similar to fruit or tasting of fruit
- mad, crazy
- effeminate or otherwise flamboyant or homosexual
- sexually suggestive.
- A tropical American tree, whose wood produces a yellow dye.
- A European tree, whose wood produces an orange dye.
- The wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from the wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from fustic, Rhus cotinus, or Venetian sumach.
- Incapable of producing results; useless; not successful; not worth attempting.
- A black, fibrous substance resembling horsehair, obtained from the leafstalks of two palms, and Arenga pinnata (syn. of the Indian islands, and used for making cordage.
- Responsible for a dishonest act.
- Judged to have committed a crime.
- Having a sense of guilt.
- A plea by a defendant who does not contest a charge.
- A verdict of a judge or jury on a defendant judged to have committed a crime.
- One who is declared guilty of a crime.
- A stringed musical instrument, of European origin, usually with a fretted fingerboard and six strings, played with the fingers or a plectrum (guitar pick).
- Any type of musical instrument of the lute family, characterized by a flat back, along with a neck whose upper surface is in the same plane as the soundboard, with strings along the neck and parallel to the soundboard.
- To play the guitar.
- A form of shotcrete in which a dry cementitious mixture is blown through a hose to the nozzle, with water injected only at the point of application.
- A golf ball made from gutta-percha.
- A gap in a series, making it incomplete.
- An interruption, break or pause.
- An unexpected break from work.
- A gap in geological strata.
- An opening in an organ.
- A syllable break between two vowels, without an intervening consonant. (Compare diphthong.)
- The condition of having such a break.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal mineral containing fluorine, hydrogen, iron, magnesium, oxygen, and silicon.
- Uncultivated, wild.
- Rough, unrefined.
- To strike or stamp in.
- to bring in as a member; to make a part of.
- to formally or ceremoniously install in an office, position, et cetera.
- to introduce into (particularly if certain knowledge or experience is required, such as ritual adulthood or cults).
- to draft into military service.
- to introduce; to bring in.
- A permission or privilege granted by the church authority that excepts an individual from what is otherwise a norm of church law, such as a release from monastic vows.
- any sound in a word or syllable but the first and the last one
- To offend (someone) by being rude, insensitive or insolent; to demean or affront (someone).
- To behave in an obnoxious and superior manner (over, against).
- To leap or trample upon; to make a sudden onset upon.
- An action or form of speech deliberately intended to be rude.
- Anything that causes offence/offense, e.g. by being of an unacceptable quality.
- Something causing disease or injury to the body or bodily processes.
- The act of leaping on; onset; attack.
- A bruise; a contusion.
- To break into.
- To enter forcibly or uninvited.
- To rapidly increase or intensify.
- The son of Aedon.
- a member of the Society of Jesus
- A crafty person; an intriguer.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of this society or its members
- A book of the Old Testament of some Christian Bibles; a book of the Vulgate Apocrypha.
- The protagonist of the Biblical book of Judith.
- definition A wife of Esau.
- One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- A Brazilian palm, Raphia taedigera, whose long stalks are used in constructing buildings
- Of or relating to the Jutes.
- A palm, native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia that yields a sap from which sugar can be made.
- A fiber obtained from the leaves of the palm.
- in the Middle East. Official name: State of Kuwait.
- A region of central Italy in which the city of Rome was founded and grew to be the capital city of the Roman Empire
- A former unit of currency, one hundredth of a zaïre.
- A dyestuff extracted from certain lichens, that changes color when exposed to pH levels greater than or less than certain critical levels.
- A simple test of acidity in a liquid using litmus, usually in the form of litmus paper.
- A simple test of any attribute; a litmus test.
- A military trumpet.
- A curve with polar equation <math>r^2 \theta = a^2</math>, where a is a constant.
- Of or pertaining to lues (syphilis).
- A person who has lues (syphilis).
- A yellow carotenoid pigment, widely distributed in both plants and animals.
- lute (a kind of sticky clay or cement)
- One who plays the lute.
- The central loop of the alimentary canal of an embryo between the foregut and the hindgut
- A slow graceful dance consisting of a coupé, a high step, and a balance.
- A tune or air to regulate the movements of the minuet dance: it has the dance form, and is commonly in 3/4, sometimes 3/8, measure.
- A complete short musical composition inspired by and conforming to many formal characteristics of the traditional musical accompaniment to the dance of same name.
- A movement which is part of a longer musical composition such as a suite, sonata, or symphony which is inspired by and conforming to formal characteristics of the dance of same name.
- To dance a minuet.
- cut incorrectly
- To cut incorrectly.
- Dasypus hybridus, the southern long-nosed armadillo.
- To fortify, strengthen.
- freedom; security; immunity
- One of the separators between panes of glass in a composite window.
- The dung of birds.
- The process by which something is muted or silenced.
- An organized rebellion against a legally constituted authority, especially by seamen against their officers.
- Violent commotion; tumult; strife.
- To commit mutiny.
- A psychological disorder in which the sufferer cannot speak in certain situations.
- One who exhibits mutism.
- A person who practices nudism.
- Relating to nudists and nudism.
- The state or quality of being without clothing on the body; specifically, the quality of being without clothing on the genitals.
- Something or someone without clothes.
- A small opening or orifice, as in a body organ or passage.
- Any of the small openings or pores in a sponge.
- To bid more than (somebody else) in an auction.
- A set of clothing (with accessories).
- Gear consisting of a set of articles or tools for a specified purpose.
- Any cohesive group of people; a unit; such as a military company.
- A business or firm.
- A sports team.
- An outlier-sensitive fit.
- To provide with, usually for a specific purpose.
- To hit something better or further than another, especially to score better in a game involving hitting a ball with a bat.
- A pleasure trip or excursion.
- An appearance to perform in public, for example in a drama, film, on a musical album, as a sports contestant etc.
- The practice of publicly revealing that a person is homosexual without that person's consent.
- To tell more or better lies than.
- To lie outside, or at the extremes or periphery.
- To stabilize by fitting with an outrigger.
- To surpass in sinning.
- To remain sitting, or in session, longer than, or beyond the time of; to outstay.
- To outdo a competitor or rival.
- To win a way out (of); to escape (from).
- To get the better of; to outsmart, to beat in a competition of wits.
- Any member of two related groups of North American aboriginal peoples: the Northern Paiute of California, Nevada, and Oregon, and the Southern Paiute of Arizona, southeastern California and Nevada, and Utah.
- The edible tuber of Conopodium majus, native to western Europe.
- Any of various types of hickory or their fruits; a hognut.
- A game at cards played between two persons, with thirty-two cards, all the deuces, threes, fours, fives, and sixes, being set aside.
- A mixture of wood ash and leaves chewed as a stimulant by Aboriginal Australians.
- A raised platform in a church, usually enclosed, where the minister or preacher stands to conduct the sermon.
- A desk or platform for an orator or public speaker.
- The railing at the bow of a boat, which sometimes extends past the deck. It is sometimes referred to as bow pulpit. The railing at the stern of the boat is sometimes referred to as as stern pulpit; other texts use the perhaps more appropriate term pushpit.
- A plane's cockpit.
- A self-professed expert in a particular field, especially as called upon to provide comment or opinion in the media; a commentator, a critic.
- A learned person in India; someone with knowledge of Sanskrit, philosophy, religion and law; a Hindu scholar.
- A native surveyor in British India, trained to carry out clandestine surveillance beyond British borders.
- Of or pertaining to purism
- An advocate of purism
- Rotting, rotten, being in a state of putrefaction.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of putrefaction, especially having a bad smell, like that of rotting flesh.
- Vile, disgusting.
- morally corrupt
- totally objectionable
- The underwool of the Arctic muskox, used as a fibre.
- Of a person: cunning, crafty.
- Cleverly made; artfully contrived.
- Strange or odd; unusual.
- Overly discriminating or needlessly meticulous; fastidious; prim.
- Pleasingly unusual; especially, having old-fashioned charm.
- The vulva.
- To shake (something); to stir, move.
- To stir; to move.
- To flinch; shrink.
- A competitive game in which players throw rings, aiming to land them over vertical sticks.
- A bird's gaping mouth
- Any open-mouthed expression
- Country-styled or pastoral; rural.
- Unfinished or roughly finished.
- Crude, rough.
- Simple; artless; unaffected.
- A (sometimes unsophisticated) person from a rural area.
- To look with the eyes partly closed, as in bright sunlight, or as a threatening expression.
- To look or glance sideways.
- To look with, or have eyes that are turned in different directions; to suffer from strabismus.
- To have an indirect bearing, reference, or implication; to have an allusion to, or inclination towards, something.
- To be not quite straight, off-centred; to deviate from a true line; to run obliquely.
- To turn to an oblique position; to direct obliquely.
- An expression in which the eyes are partly closed.
- The look of eyes which are turned in different directions, as in strabismus.
- quick or sideways glance.
- A short look.
- A hagioscope.
- The angle by which the transmission signal is offset from the normal of a phased array antenna.
- askew, not level
- An instrument from which a liquid is forcefully ejected in a small, quick stream.
- A small, quick stream; a jet.
- The whole system of flow in the vicinity of a source.
- A burst of noise.
- An annoyingly pretentious person; a whippersnapper.
- A small child.
- Female ejaculate.
- To be thrown out, or ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To cause to be ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To hit with a rapid stream of liquid.
- To throw out or utter words rapidly; to prate.
- To ejaculate.
- Lacking in intelligence or exhibiting the quality of having been done by someone lacking in intelligence.
- To the point of stupor.
- Characterized by or in a state of stupor; paralysed.
- Lacking sensation; inanimate; destitute of consciousness; insensate.
- damn, annoying, darn
- A stupid person; a fool.
- The state or condition of being stupid.
- To yield or give way to another.
- To enter or put forward for approval, consideration, marking etc.
- To win a fight against (an opponent) by submission.
- To let down; to lower.
- To put or place under.
- Of the same suit.
- A party to a suit or litigation.
- One who sues, petitions, solicits, or entreats; a petitioner.
- One who sues for the hand of a woman in marriage; a wooer; one who courts a mistress.
- To play the suitor; to woo; to make love.
- A peak; the top of a mountain.
- A gathering or assembly of leaders.
- To reach the summit of a mountain.
- Illuminated by sunlight.
- Done by stitching.
- A tribal waka confederation of New Zealand Māori iwi, sharing a common ancestry from Polynesian migrants.
- Any of a group of annual meteors associated with the comet Encke, and whose radiant point is in the constellation Taurus.
- Boredom or tediousness; ennui.
- A sorus, in the form of a pustule, in the tissue of plants infected with the fungus rust
- Of Greek consonants, neither aspirated nor voiced, as [p], [t], [k]
- Of obstruents in other languages, not voiced, aspirated, glottalized, or otherwise different in phonation from the prototypical values of the voiceless IPA letters ([p], [t], [k], [f], [θ], [s], [ʃ], etc.).
- a tenuis consonant
- A substance extracted from trees of the genus Thuja, probably identical with quercitrin.
- as much as a tin will hold
- Thin, woven, gauze-like fabric.
- A fine transparent silk material, used for veils, etc.; specifically, cloth interwoven with gold or silver threads, or embossed with figures.
- A sheet of absorbent paper, especially one that is made to be used as tissue paper, toilet paper or a handkerchief.
- Absorbent paper as material.
- A group of similar cells that function together to do a specific job.
- Web; texture; complicated fabrication; connected series.
- To form tissue of; to interweave.
- A caper, or canter.
- To prance or frolic; of a horse, to canter easily.
- Of or pertaining to a toluic acid or its derivatives
- A complex double tolyl and toluidine derivative of glycocoll.
- The cutting edge of the bill of a bird.
- Threefold, having three components that are both separate and united; definition
- A female given name, variant spelling of Trudy, a pet form of Gertrude.
- The alignment (and cutting) of a wheel (especially a grinding wheel) such that its surface is concentric with its axis
- A self-evident or obvious truth.
- A banality or cliché.
- Problems or troubles.
- tubes, considered as a group
- a length of tube, or a system of tubes
- the recreation of riding down a river on an inner tube
- A kind of large cylindrical pasta.
- The Mongolian unit of currency; abbreviated MNT, ₮; formerly subdivided into 100 möngö.
- an armor plate for the thigh; tasset
- A large lake trout found mainly in Canada and northern areas of the US, Salvelinus namaycush.
- Action of the verb to tune.
- The calibration of a musical instrument to a standard pitch.
- The adjustment of a system or circuit to secure optimum performance.
- (of a liquid) Having the lees or sediment disturbed; roiled; muddy; thick; not clear.
- A kind of pigeon developed over many years of selective breeding, known for its peaked crest, short beak, and frill of feathers on the breast.
- The turbot.
- Distended beyond the natural state by some internal agent, especially fluid, or expansive force.
- Overly complex and difficult to understand; grandiloquent; bombastic.
- Surname of Germanic origin.
- A programming language (named after Alan Turing, British logician).
- A bud, produced by some aquatic plants, that becomes detached and dormant until the following spring
- The language family that includes Turkish, Tatar, Bashkir, Kazakh, Uzbek, Azeri, Kyrgyz, Uyghur, Tuvan, Altai, Shor, Karakalpak, Khakas, Chuvash, Yakut, and any of the other dozens of languages spoken by Turkic peoples. It may be a subfamily of an Altaic language family.
- Of or relating to this language group or the people who speak it.
- The white root of a yellow-flowered plant, Brassica rapa, grown as a vegetable and as fodder for cattle.
- The yellow root of a related plant, the swede or Brassica napus.
- A large, heavy pocket watch, so called because its profile resembled the vegetable.
- To plant with turnips.
- To feed or graze (livestock) on turnips.
- Foul; base; wicked; morally depraved.
- The state of existing in a specific point in space, thereness.
- To remove from the bitts.
- To deprive of the rank or rights of a city.
- Having the belt or girdle off or loose.
- Lacking in discipline.
- (of an algebra) containing a multiplicative identity element (or unit), i.e. an element 1 with the property 1x = x1 = x for all elements x of the algebra.
- Agent noun of unite; one who unites.
- To unravel.
- To undo knitted stitches by reversing the knitting motion.
- To undo the process of listing; to remove something from a list.
- The lack or absence of pity; pitilessness; ruthlessness.
- Not having been slit.
- To remove (meat, etc.) from a spit.
- To fail to suit; to be unfit for.
- To make untidy.
- Not tied; undone
- To remove the tiles from.
- The absence of time; timelessness
- A wrong time; an unsuitable or improper time.
- To remove the trimmings or adornments from.
- To restore the original shape of (a surface that has been trimmed).
- unknown, unrecognized
- To knit together; to unite.
- To raise something or someone to a higher physical, social, moral, intellectual, spiritual or emotional level.
- to be accepted for carriage on a flight.
- The act or result of being uplifted.
- A tectonic upheaval, especially one that takes place in the process of mountain building.
- A brassiere that raises the breasts.
- Presumptuous, above oneself, self-important; arrogant, snobbish, haughty.
- Exceeding one's station or position, assuming prerogatives to which one is not entitled.
- The resurrection.
- commotion; disturbance, tumult
- disturb, cause a commotion, stir up
- To tilt upward.
- To cause to tilt upward.
- An upward tilt
- The period of time a computer has functioned since last requiring a reboot.
- Of or containing urates.
- The act of burning, or the state of being burned.
- Glass; a glassy material.
- Any member of a group of related Native American tribes who live in Northern California, including the Wintu (northern), Nomlaki (central), and Patwin (southern) tribes.
- The family of languages which they traditionally spoke.
- Of or relating to the Wintun people.
- Full of or possessing wit; wise; sensible