Page 1 from 3
Total results: 2347
- To take away by force; to carry away (a human being) wrongfully and usually with violence or deception; to kidnap.
- To draw away, as a limb or other part, from its ordinary position; to move similar parts apart.
- To wash oneself.
- To wash.
- Broken away (from restraint).
- Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- Curt in manner; brusque; rude; uncivil; impolite.
- Having sudden transitions from one subject or state to another; unconnected; disjointed.
- Broken off.
- Extremely steep or craggy as if broken up; precipitous.
- Suddenly terminating, as if cut off; truncate.
- To tear off or asunder.
- To interrupt suddenly.
- Something which is abrupt; an abyss.
- In a bursting condition.
- a promontory of Acarnania in Ancient Greece where and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian in a naval battle in 31 BC
- Existing in act or reality, not just potentially; really acted or acting; occurring in fact.
- Factual, real, not just apparent or even false.
- In action at the time being; now existing; current.
- Active, not passive.
- Used to emphasise a noun or verb, whether something is real or metaphorical.
- An actual, real one; notably:
- Something actually received; real receipts, as distinct from estimated ones.
- A radio callsign modifier that specifies the commanding officer of the unit or asset denoted by the remainder of the callsign and not the officer's assistant or other designee.
- Sharpened; sharp-pointed.
- To sharpen; to make pungent; to quicken.
- Sharpness or acuteness, as of a needle, wit, etc.
- To draw towards a center or a middle line.
- The product of an addition reaction
- To modify.
- To improve or rectify.
- To settle an insurance claim.
- To change to fit circumstances.
- The innermost sanctuary or shrine in ancient temples, whence oracles were given.
- A private chamber; a sanctum.
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- A type of extinct breed of domesticated dog, related to the modern bulldog and mastiff, or modern breeds created in imitation of it.
- The total, aggregate or sum of material
- A quantity or volume.
- The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- To total or evaluate.
- To be the same as or equivalent to.
- To go up; to ascend.
- A kind of protective charm or ornament, often bearing magical symbols, worn for protection against ill will, negative influences or evil spirits.
- Narrow; strait; contracted; not spacious.
- A dam made in a stream for maintaining and regulating irrigation.
- A bodily cavity, especially one having bony walls, especially one in the sinuses.
- The wood of the strawberry tree.
- Sharp; perceptive; shrewd.
- An inhabitant of Albania and neighboring mountainous regions, especially an Albanian serving in the Turkish army.
- Performed with, or characterized by, art or skill.
- Artificial; imitative.
- Using or exhibiting much art, skill, or contrivance; dexterous; skillful.
- Cunning; disposed to cunning indirectness of dealing; crafty; as, an artful boy. [The usual sense.]
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- A village in Nebraska
- A ghost town in Nevada
- A city in North Dakota
- A town and a community in Wisconsin
- Guinness stout.
- An aboriginal language of Australia
- Sticking out, or puffed out; swelling.
- In a strutting manner; with a strutting gait.
- quickly and critically discerning
- shrewd or crafty
- Fully rigged, as a vessel; with all sails set; set on end or set right.
- jet-black in color.
- to bring into musical accord
- to tune an instrument
- to bring into harmony or accord.
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- A variety of pyroxene, usually of a black or dark green color, occurring in igneous rocks, such as basalt.
- Any of several small seabirds in the genera Aethia, Cerorhinca and Ptychoramphus of the auk family Alcidae.
- Of, like, or characteristic of an aunt.
- In the manner of an aunt.
- Any salt of auric acid.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- a variant of Austin.
- English novelist.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- A creative artist, especially a film director, seen as having a specific, recognisable artistic vision, and who is seen as the single or preeminent ‘author’ of his works.
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- A vaunt; a boast.
- To advance; to move forward; to elevate.
- To depart; to move away.
- To vaunt; to boast.
- A member of the Basotho people.
- Rich; fertile, as in reference to land or soil.
- A form of hunting in which game is forced into the open by the beating of sticks on bushes etc.
- The game thus forced into the open.
- A hunt performed in this manner.
- A springboard in a circus or gymnasium.
- A seaside city on the Black Sea coast and capital of Adjara, an autonomous republic in southwest Georgia.
- A person who has been beatified.
- The property, quality or state of being "that which pleases merely by being perceived" (Aquinas); that which is attractive, pleasing, fine or good looking; comeliness.
- Someone who is beautiful.
- Something that is particularly good or pleasing.
- An excellent or egregious example of something.
- The excellence, e.g. the genius
- A beauty quark (now called bottom quark).
- Beauty treatment; cosmetology.
- Prevailing style or taste; rage; fashion.
- Of high quality, well done.
- The capital city of Lebanon.
- The drinking game of beer pong.
- To call (someone) a lout.
- To address or speak of with contemptuous language.
- To bespatter, as with mud.
- To blacken with smut; foul with soot.
- To set with or as with studs; adorn with bosses.
- The compound formed by condensation of two molecules of urea with the loss of a molecule of ammonia, (NH2-CO)2NH, or any of its derivatives
- A women's overgarment worn in 12th-century Western Europe, featuring voluminous skirts and horizontal puckering or pleating across a snugly fitted underbust abdomen.
- The state of being blue; blueness.
- (in plural; also water-bougets) A charge resembling the water bags that were used to supply the army in battle.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- Something given liberally.
- A reward for some specific act, especially one given by a government or authority.
- Formerly, money paid to volunteers for serving in the British navy in time of war.
- violent, vicious, ruthless, or cruel
- Crude or unfeeling in manner or speech.
- Harsh; unrelenting
- Disagreeably precise or penetrating
- In extreme metal, to describe the speed of the music and the density of riffs.
- A little bud springing from a parent bud.
- A projectile, usually of metal, shot from a gun at high speed.
- An entire round of unfired ammunition for a firearm, including the projectile, the cartridge casing, the propellant charge, etc.
- Ammunition for a sling or slingshot which has been manufactured for such use.
- A printed symbol in the form of a solid circle, (•), often used in lieu of numbers for marking items in a list. (see also bulleted)
- A large scheduled repayment of the principal of a loan; a balloon payment.
- A rejection letter, as for employment, admission to a school or a competition.
- One year of prison time
- An ace (the playing card).
- Anything that is projected extremely fast.
- Very fast
- A small ball.
- A cannonball.
- The fetlock of a horse.
- The heavy projectice thrown in a game of road bowling
- To draw attention to (text) by, or as if by, placing a graphic bullet in front of it.
- To speed, like a bullet.
- To make a shot, especially with great speed.
- A trawl; a boulter.
- The mode of fishing with a boulter or spiller.
- A fibre obtained from palms of the genus Corypha.
- One who bunts.
- A woman who picks up rags in the streets.
- A low, vulgar woman.
- A freshwater fish, taxonomic name Lota lota, similar to the ling and the cusk, which spawns in the winter.Displaced native eelpout
- From, of, or pertaining to, Buryatia
- Someone from Buryatia.
- A Mongolic language spoken around Buryatia
- Occurring in abrupt bursts, especially of information
- From, of, or pertaining to, Buryatia
- Someone from Buryatia.
- A Mongolic language spoken around Buryatia.
- A small bush.
- A sprig or bouquet.
- Part of a garden devoted to shrubs.
- Having a certain type of bust
- Broke; having no money.
- Caught in the act of doing something one shouldn't do.
- Extremely ugly.
- A North-American tree,
- An excited activity; a stir.
- A cover to protect and hide the back panel of a computer or other office machine.
- A frame worn underneath a woman's skirt, typically only protruding from the rear as opposed to the earlier more circular hoops.
- To move busily and energetically with fussiness (often followed by about).
- To teem or abound (usually followed by with); to exhibit an energetic and active abundance (of a thing). See also bustle with.
- A hydrocarbon (either of the two isomers of C4H10 n-butane, and 2-methyl-propane) found in gaseous petroleum fractions.
- The n-butane isomer only.
- The ether radical derived from butanol
- Having a butt or backside (of a specified kind).
- To serve as or perform the duties of a butler.
- Either of two isomeric acetylenes containing four carbon atoms and a triple bond
- A melody or song, particularly ecclesiastical.
- The principal voice.
- A cord of great toughness made from the intestines of animals, especially of sheep, used for strings of musical instruments, etc.
- The material from which such cords are made.
- A sort of linen or canvas, with wide interstices.
- Of the method of being out in which the striker hits the ball and a fielder catches it.
- caution; prudence; wariness
- A hot iron for searing or cauterizing.
- A leather fighting glove, frequently weighted with metal.
- A girdle, especially that of Aphrodite (or Venus) which gave the wearer the power to excite love.
- he; the one; the person in question
- An old term for cotton
- To seize, as though with claws.
- To grip or grasp tightly.
- The claw of a predatory animal or bird.
- A grip, especially one seen as rapacious or evil.
- A device to interrupt power transmission, commonly used between engine and gearbox in a car.
- The pedal in a car that disengages power transmission.
- Any device for gripping an object, as at the end of a chain or tackle.
- A small handbag or purse with no straps or handle.
- An important or critical situation.
- Performing or tending to perform well in difficult, high-pressure situations.
- A brood of chickens or a sitting of eggs.
- A group or bunch (of people or things).
- Sexual intercourse, especially involving penile-vaginal penetration.
- A flirtatious female; a coquette.
- A flirtatious male.
- To act as a flirt or coquet.
- To waste time; to dally.
- To attempt to attract the notice, admiration, or love of; to treat with a show of tenderness or regard, with a view to deceive and disappoint.
- A hilly upland including the divide between two valleys.
- The side of a valley.
- A woven cloth created specifically for making corsets.
- A goldsmith's crucible.
- Having a crust, especially a thick one
- Short-tempered and gruff but, sometimes, with a harmless or benign inner nature; peevish, surly, harsh.
- Of very low quality; inferior.
- A tramp or homeless young person with poor cleanliness.
- Dried eye mucus.
- A member of an urban subculture with roots in punk and grebo, characterized by antiestablishment attitudes and an unkempt appearance.
- A device to assist in motion as a cane, especially one that provides support under the arm to reduce weight on a leg.
- Something that supports, often used negatively to indicate that it is not needed and causes an unhealthful dependency; a prop
- A crotch; the area of body where the legs fork from the trunk.
- A form of pommel for a woman's saddle, consisting of a forked rest to hold the leg of the rider.
- A knee, or piece of knee timber.
- A forked stanchion or post; a crotch.
- A type of cross formed from two "C"s joined back-to-back
- To support on crutches; to prop up.
- To shear the hindquarters of a sheep; to dag.
- A person skilled in using a cue.
- Scrap glass which is melted down for reuse.
- A small central plane in the back of a cut gem.
- Empty oyster shells and other substances laid down on oyster grounds to furnish points for the attachment of the spawn of the oyster.
- Young or seed oysters together with the shells and other objects to which they are usually attached.
- Rubbish; debris; refuse.
- Of or relating to a cult or the methods of cults.
- Established or accepted religious rites or customs of worship; state of religious development.
- an assistant rector or vicar
- a parish priest
- To act as a curator for.
- To apply selectivity and taste to, as a collection of fashion items or web pages.
- To work or act as a curator.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal mineral containing hydrogen, lead, oxygen, and uranium.
- A variety of short-barrelled cannon.
- A horse or other animal having a docked tail.
- An early type of bassoon.
- Of horses, having a docked tail.
- Physically shortened; short.
- Abridged, curtailed.
- In a curt manner; tersely, almost rudely.
- To leap about, frolic.
- To cause to leap about, dart or jump.
- To fly or swim with darting movements.
- (of a person) To prance; to caper, frolic.
- (of an object) To jump, skip, shake.
- A particular leap of a horse, when he raises both forelegs at once, equally advanced, and, as his forelegs are falling, raises his hind legs, so that all his legs are in the air at once.
- A prank; a frolic.
- A pigeon, wood pigeon or ring dove.
- A ghost town in Idaho.
- A village in Michigan.
- A in Montana.
- A city in South Dakota
- A in Washington.
- Frequent repetition of the same behavior; way of behavior common to many; ordinary manner; habitual practice; method of doing, living or behaving.
- Traditional beliefs or rituals
- Habitual buying of goods; practice of frequenting, as a shop, manufactory, etc., for making purchases or giving orders; business support.
- Long-established practice, considered as unwritten law, and resting for authority on long consent; usage. See Usage, and Prescription.
- Familiar acquaintance; familiarity.
- The customary toll, tax, or tribute.
- Created under particular specifications, specially to fit one's needs: specialized, unique, custom-made
- Own, personal, not standard or premade
- To make familiar; to accustom.
- To supply with customers.
- To pay the customs of.
- To have a custom.
- Overly, affectedly or unnecessarily cute; too cute to be taken as serious.
- To form skin.
- To make cute.
- A thin slice of meat, usually fried.
- A chop, a specific piece of meat (especially pork, chicken or beef) cut from the side of an animal.
- A variety of cellulose, occurring as a fine transparent membrane covering the aerial organs of plants, and forming an essential ingredient of cork.
- The set of edges (of a cut) whose endpoints are in different subsets of the partition
- A cutback.
- A T-shirt that has had the sleeves removed.
- spelling of Someone or something common and short or small.
- A hare.
- The Black Guillemot.
- Short, shortened or small. spelling of
- The cuttlefish.
- A knife.
- A foul-mouthed fellow.
- The chief police officer of a large city.
- The fertilized egg cell or parent cell, whose development produces the child or other organism.
- To cut short; to curtail.
- To taste carefully to fully appreciate it.
- To savour
- One appointed as the substitute of another, and empowered to act for them, in their name or their behalf; a substitute in office; a lieutenant; a representative; a delegate; a vicegerent.
- A person employed to install and remove props, brattices, etc. and to clear gas, for the safety of the miners.
- (France): A member of the Chamber of Deputies, formerly called Corps Législatif
- (Ireland): a member of Dáil Éireann, or the title of a member of Dáil Éireann. (Normally capitalised in both cases)
- to deputise
- To intentionally lower or raise the pitch produced by a musical instrument. Often done to produce sounds not normally possible, or in the case of stringed instruments to reduce tension for the purposes of shipping or maintenance.
- To alter the capacitance of a circuit such that its resonant frequency differs from the incoming frequency.
- To turn away; to divert.
- Devoted to religion or to religious feelings and duties; absorbed in religious exercises; given to devotion; pious; reverent; religious.
- Expressing devotion or piety.
- Warmly devoted; hearty; sincere; earnest.
- A devotee.
- A devotional composition, or part of a composition; devotion.
- An authoritative statement; a dogmatic saying; a maxim, an apothegm.
- A judicial opinion expressed by judges on points that do not necessarily arise in the case, and are not involved in it.
- The report of a judgment made by one of the judges who has given it.
- An arbitrament or award.
- To make thinner by adding solvent to a solution; especially by adding water.
- To weaken, especially by adding a foreign substance.
- To cause the value of individual shares to decrease by increasing the total number of shares.
- To become attenuated, thin, or weak.
- Having a low concentration.
- Weak; reduced in strength due to dilution, diluted.
- A contact herbicide that produces desiccation and defoliation.
- A sweetened dish.
- Deer's testicles.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- Of, relating to, or originating in a duct
- Fitted with a duct
- One who leads.
- A device, usually in the form of an oscillating roller, for transferring ink from a source to the ink train rollers in a controlled manner.
- The number of strokes that make up a written letter, and the direction, sequence and speed in which they are written.
- A subtle reduction of weight towards the middle of the stroke of the letter.
- A duct, tube or canal in the body.
- Sweet, especially when describing voice or tones; melodious.
- Generally pleasing; agreeable.
- Sweet to the taste.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- A suburb of Georgia, United States.
- A type of igneous rock with a coarse-grained or phaneritic texture.
- An empty box placed above the existing boxes of the beehive in order to allow the colony to expand or store additional honey.
- A tuplet of two notes.
- hardness; firmness
- harshness; cruelty
- name (very rarely also given to women).
- On which duty must be paid; taxable on import or export.
- A liquid solution that results from elution.
- To swallow; to swallow up, engulf.
- To glut, satiate.
- The center of a planetary epicycle.
- Having comparable measurements in all directions; equidimensional.
- To consider equal, to state as being equivalent.
- To set as equal.
- A statement in assembly language that defines a symbol having a particular value.
- Ownership, especially in terms of net monetary value of some business.
- A legal tradition that deals with remedies other than relief, such as injunctions, divorces and similar actions.
- Value of property minus liens or other
- An equitable claim; an equity of redemption.
- Ownership interest in a company as determined by subtracting liabilities from
- Justice, impartiality or fairness.
- The capital city of the state of Thuringia, in Germany
- The river Scheldt, which springs modestly in Northern France but becomes navigable for seaships in Flanders (Belgium) and the Netherlands
- A room in a Pueblo Indian house.
- A compact feldspathic rock; felsite.
- A city in Florida
- A town in Maine
- A village in Nebraska
- Good or established order or arrangement.
- A form of energy medicine devised by (1908–1994).
- A stage direction for more than one actor to leave the stage.
- An act of one or more actors leaving the stage.
- They leave the stage (a stage direction to two or more actors, the plural counterpart of exit).
- Somebody's own act and deed.
- Anything stated and made certain.
- The due execution of a will, including everything necessary to its validity.
- A statement of fact and law delivered before a court
- The product, in multiplication.
- An exposed plumbing fitting; a tap or spigot; a regulator for controlling the flow of a liquid from a reservoir.
- Having or displaying faults; not perfect; not adequate or acceptable.
- At fault, to blame; guilty.
- Patron, protector.
- Admirer, one who favours.
- Supporter, adherent, partisan.
- commission; fiat; order; decree
- Irregular; unsteady; characterized by fits.
- Gas generated in the digestive tract.
- Expulsion of such gas through the anus.
- Morbid inflation or swelling.
- To wave or flutter smartly in the wind.
- To parade, display with ostentation.
- To show off, as with flashy clothing.
- To flout.[]
- That flows; flowing, liquid.
- Able to speak a language accurately, rapidly, and confidently – in a flowing way.
- A continuous variable, especially one with respect to time in Newton's Method of Fluxions.
- Having flutes or grooves, either for decoration or to trim weight.
- Drunk; intoxicated.
- Someone who plays a flute.
- One who makes grooves or flutings.
- To cut into; cut through; cut completely; cut in pieces; cut up; injure by cutting.
- A fig or whit; term of contempt.
- containing fruit or fruit flavoring
- similar to fruit or tasting of fruit
- mad, crazy
- effeminate or otherwise flamboyant or homosexual
- sexually suggestive.
- A plant with a woody, durable stem, but less than a tree; a shrub.
- Artificially coloured; falsified, counterfeit.
- A fugal passage in a composition that is not a strict or complete fugue.
- A town in Alabama.
- A town/city in Arkansas.
- A in California.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town and county in Indiana.
- A city in Kansas.
- A city and county in Kentucky.
- A in Maryland.
- A city and county seat in Mississippi.
- A city in Missouri, and county seat of Callaway County.
- A city, a town and a county in New York.
- A village in Ohio.
- A town in South Dakota.
- A town in Texas.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- Causing death or disaster; fatal, catastrophic; deplorable, lamentable.
- A saddle tree maker.
- To fret, whine, or complain.
- To fuss; to meddle or micromanage.
- To become marked with signs of age or decay.
- To fumble; to work clumsily.
- Smoke tree,
- The dye obtained from the wood of this tree.
- A tropical American tree, whose wood produces a yellow dye.
- A European tree, whose wood produces an orange dye.
- The wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from the wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from fustic, Rhus cotinus, or Venetian sumach.
- Incapable of producing results; useless; not successful; not worth attempting.
- The time ahead; those moments yet to be experienced.
- Something that will happen in moments yet to come.
- Goodness in what is yet to come. Something to look forward to.
- Verb tense used to talk about events that will happen in the future; future tense.
- A standardized, tradable agreement between two parties that one will sell and the other will buy a specific commodity at a specific later date and a specific price.
- An object that retrieves the value of a promise.
- A minor-league prospect.
- Having to do with or occurring in the future.
- To swallow.
- A mouthful.
- A black, fibrous substance resembling horsehair, obtained from the leafstalks of two palms, and Arenga pinnata (syn. of the Indian islands, and used for making cordage.
- Full of grout(s), that is, sediment.
- Angry or surly, sulky.
- Lowering; threatening to rain or storm.
- Turbid as with liquor.
- To murmur, complain.
- A complaint.
- Responsible for a dishonest act.
- Judged to have committed a crime.
- Having a sense of guilt.
- A plea by a defendant who does not contest a charge.
- A verdict of a judge or jury on a defendant judged to have committed a crime.
- One who is declared guilty of a crime.
- A stringed musical instrument, of European origin, usually with a fretted fingerboard and six strings, played with the fingers or a plectrum (guitar pick).
- Any type of musical instrument of the lute family, characterized by a flat back, along with a neck whose upper surface is in the same plane as the soundboard, with strings along the neck and parallel to the soundboard.
- To play the guitar.
- The throat or esophagus.
- The cytopharynx of a ciliate, through which food is ingested.
- The space between the teeth of a saw blade.
- A channel for water.
- A preparatory cut or channel in excavations, of sufficient width for the passage of earth wagons.
- A form of shotcrete in which a dry cementitious mixture is blown through a hose to the nozzle, with water injected only at the point of application.
- A pickaxe with one sharp point and one cutting edge.
- A small piece of cloth inserted in a garment, for the purpose of strengthening some part or giving it a tapering enlargement.
- A small piece of mail, providing some protection where two plates of armor are joined, usually at the elbows, under the shoulders, and behind the knees.
- A kind of bracket, or angular piece of iron, fastened in the angles of a structure to give strength or stiffness; especially, the part joining the barrel and the fire box of a locomotive boiler.
- An abatement or mark of dishonor in a coat of arms, resembling a gusset.
- (roofing) A large flat metal piece wider than the valley to help prevent build-up at the base of the valley, either from debris or ice dam formations.
- With the most important parts destroyed (often by fire), removed or rendered useless.
- Having a gut or guts.
- Deeply disappointed; annoyed; down.
- A prepared channel in a surface, especially at the side of a road adjacent to a curb, intended for the drainage of water.
- A ditch along the side of a road.
- A duct or channel beneath the eaves of a building to carry rain water; eavestrough.
- A groove down the sides of a bowling lane.
- A large groove (commonly behind animals) in a barn used for the collection and removal of animal excrement.
- Any narrow channel or groove, such as one formed by erosion in the vent of a gun from repeated firing.
- A space between printed columns of text.
- An unprinted space between rows of stamps.
- A drainage channel.
- The notional locus of things, acts, or events which are distasteful, ill bred or morally questionable.
- A low, vulgar state.
- To flow or stream; to form gutters.
- To melt away by having the molten wax run down along the side of the candle.
- To flicker as if about to be extinguished.
- To send (a bowling ball) into the gutter, not hitting any pins.
- To supply with a gutter or gutters.
- To cut or form into small longitudinal hollows; to channel.
- One who or that which guts.
- A golf ball made from gutta-percha.
- To put into the gut; to eat voraciously; to swallow greedily; to gorge, gormandize.
- To swallow.
- To make a bubbling sound
- To remove the guts from; eviscerate
- An arquebus, a firearm with a long barrel.
- A pioneer, especially one of the early Jewish immigrants to Palestine.
- The amount that will fit into a hat
- A large number (usually talking about goalscoring chances)
- A gap in a series, making it incomplete.
- An interruption, break or pause.
- An unexpected break from work.
- A gap in geological strata.
- An opening in an organ.
- A syllable break between two vowels, without an intervening consonant. (Compare diphthong.)
- The condition of having such a break.
- The pignut or hickory ( of family Juglandaceae).
- a tuberous plant of the Apiaceae.
- Bunium bulbocastanum (black cumin) of the Apiaceae.
- Certain particularly (syn. of the Fabaceae.
- of the Lamiaceae.
- A South American motmot.
- A salt of humic acid.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal mineral containing fluorine, hydrogen, iron, magnesium, oxygen, and silicon.
- Being the subject of a hunt.
- Nervous and agitated, as if pursued.
- One who hurts or does harm.
- A beam on a gun-platform that prevents damage from the wheels of a gun-carriage
- To move rapidly, violently, or without control.
- To meet with violence or shock; to clash; to jostle.
- To make a threatening sound, like the clash of arms; to make a sound as of confused clashing or confusion; to resound.
- To hurl or fling; to throw hard or violently.
- To push; to jostle; to hurl.
- A fast movement in literal or figurative sense.
- A clattering sound.
- To rush or hurry.
- To con or deceive; especially financially.
- To bundle, to stow something quickly.
- To dance the hustle, a disco dance.
- To play deliberately badly at a game or sport in an attempt to encourage players to challenge.
- To sell sex, to work as a pimp.
- To be a prostitute, to exchange use of one's body for sexual purposes for money.
- To put a lot of effort into one's work.
- To push someone roughly, to crowd, to jostle.
- A state of busy activity.
- A type of disco dance.
- An activity, such as prostitution or reselling stolen items, that a prisoner uses to earn money in prison.
- Uncultivated, wild.
- Rough, unrefined.
- To strike or stamp in.
- to bring in as a member; to make a part of.
- to formally or ceremoniously install in an office, position, et cetera.
- to introduce into (particularly if certain knowledge or experience is required, such as ritual adulthood or cults).
- to draft into military service.
- to introduce; to bring in.
- A permission or privilege granted by the church authority that excepts an individual from what is otherwise a norm of church law, such as a release from monastic vows.
- any sound in a word or syllable but the first and the last one
- To offend (someone) by being rude, insensitive or insolent; to demean or affront (someone).
- To behave in an obnoxious and superior manner (over, against).
- To leap or trample upon; to make a sudden onset upon.
- An action or form of speech deliberately intended to be rude.
- Anything that causes offence/offense, e.g. by being of an unacceptable quality.
- Something causing disease or injury to the body or bodily processes.
- The act of leaping on; onset; attack.
- A bruise; a contusion.
- To break into.
- To enter forcibly or uninvited.
- To rapidly increase or intensify.
- The son of Aedon.
- An earthnut, Bunium bulbocastanum.
- a member of the Society of Jesus
- A crafty person; an intriguer.
- of, relating to, or characteristic of this society or its members
- Having a mane
- Having hair in the style of a mane
- A book of the Old Testament of some Christian Bibles; a book of the Vulgate Apocrypha.
- The protagonist of the Biblical book of Judith.
- definition A wife of Esau.
- One of the main characters of William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet.
- A woman who is or is with a great lover.
- By analogy with the Shakespearean character, a woman who is in love with a man from a family, party, or country opposing that of her own.
- The sixth moon of the planet Uranus.
- The letter J in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
- The fabled offspring of a bull and a mare.
- An animal, especially a beast of burden.
- A basket.
- A type of cream cheese, originally made in a rush basket; later, a food made of sweetened curds or rennet.
- A delicacy.
- A feast or banquet.
- A pleasure-trip; a journey made for feasting or enjoyment, now especially a trip made ostensibly for business but which entails merrymaking or entertainment.
- 20-40 table gaming rooms for which the capacity and limits change daily. Junket rooms are often rented out to private vendors who run tour groups through them and give a portion of the proceeds to the main casino.
- To go on or attend a junket.
- A Brazilian palm, Raphia taedigera, whose long stalks are used in constructing buildings
- Under oath; swearing.
- One who has taken an oath, especially a religious one.
- In a just or fair manner; rightfully.
- With a just or fair use of language; with good reason, properly.
- With great precision; accurately, exactly.
- Of or relating to the Jutes.
- A palm, native to the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia that yields a sap from which sugar can be made.
- A fiber obtained from the leaves of the palm.
- awkward, clumsy or socially inept
- Rafflesia arnoldii, a plant with very large flowers.
- Imperfect, makeshift; ramshackle, second-rate.
- Dried brick or mud, used as a material.
- in the Middle East. Official name: State of Kuwait.
- A region of central Italy in which the city of Rome was founded and grew to be the capital city of the Roman Empire
- To subject to lautering.
- A former unit of currency, one hundredth of a zaïre.
- A dyestuff extracted from certain lichens, that changes color when exposed to pH levels greater than or less than certain critical levels.
- A simple test of acidity in a liquid using litmus, usually in the form of litmus paper.
- A simple test of any attribute; a litmus test.
- A military trumpet.
- A curve with polar equation <math>r^2 \theta = a^2</math>, where a is a constant.
- Any of the grasshoppers, usually swarming, in the family Acrididae that are very destructive to crops and other vegetation.
- especially, the (
- ( (does not swarm)
- ( extinct
- ( - Australia
- ( spp.)
- A locust tree.
- To come in a swarm.
- The tree.
- The fruit of this tree. It is as large as a small plum, but grows in clusters, and contains four or five large seeds.
- Emitting light; shining, luminous.
- Translucent; clear, lucid.
- Of or pertaining to lues (syphilis).
- A person who has lues (syphilis).
- Shaped like a crescent.
- A small stone artifact, probably an arrowhead, with a blunt straight edge and a sharpened, crescent-shaped back, especially characteristic of the Mesolithic Period.
- Of or pertaining to the corpus luteum
- A yellow carotenoid pigment, widely distributed in both plants and animals.
- German monk and theologian whose teaching inspired the Reformation
- name, originally in honor of Martin Luther.
- of English speakers who descend from German immigrants.
- A city/town in Iowa.
- A village in Michigan.
- An unincorporated community in Montana.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- lute (a kind of sticky clay or cement)
- One who plays the lute.
- Covered with clay; miry.
- To dislocate.
- an elephant driver and keeper
- drive elephants
- The capital city of Shimane prefecture, Japan.
- A tubular opening or passage in the body.
- A large city in India, in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The central loop of the alimentary canal of an embryo between the foregut and the hindgut
- A slow graceful dance consisting of a coupé, a high step, and a balance.
- A tune or air to regulate the movements of the minuet dance: it has the dance form, and is commonly in 3/4, sometimes 3/8, measure.
- A complete short musical composition inspired by and conforming to many formal characteristics of the traditional musical accompaniment to the dance of same name.
- A movement which is part of a longer musical composition such as a suite, sonata, or symphony which is inspired by and conforming to formal characteristics of the dance of same name.
- To dance a minuet.
- cut incorrectly
- To cut incorrectly.
- The Chinese tree peony, a shrub with large flowers of various colours.
- Overly talkative, insolent, and loud.
- Any salt or ester of mucic acid
- Any of various species of mussels, especially those in the genus.
- A catfish, (yellow bullhead), native to the
- A flathead catfish ( syns. flatty or of central North America.
- The small entrails of a calf or hog.
- The skin and blubber of a whale, traditionally used as food by the Inuit.
- A red flag used by bullfighters.
- Dasypus hybridus, the southern long-nosed armadillo.
- An extract of quassia licorice, fraudulently used by brewers in order to economize malt and hops.
- To fortify, strengthen.
- freedom; security; immunity
- One of the separators between panes of glass in a composite window.
- A kind of firearm formerly carried by the infantry of an army. It was originally fired by means of a match, or matchlock, for which several mechanical appliances (including the flintlock, and finally the percussion lock) were successively substituted. This arm has been superseded by the rifle.
- an octoroon, someone of one-eighth African ancestry
- A process for checking the fermentation of the must of grapes.
- An enzyme that catalyzes the shifting of a functional group from one position to another within the same molecule.
- To undergo mutation.
- To cause mutation.
- The dung of birds.
- The process by which something is muted or silenced.
- An organized rebellion against a legally constituted authority, especially by seamen against their officers.
- Violent commotion; tumult; strife.
- To commit mutiny.
- A psychological disorder in which the sufferer cannot speak in certain situations.
- One who exhibits mutism.
- The flesh of sheep used as food.
- Em, a unit of measurement equal to the height of the type in use.
- A prostitute.
- Having the same relationship, each to each other.
- Collective, done or held in common.
- Possessed in common.
- Owned by the members.
- A mutual fund.
- A mutual organization.
- Either of a pair of people who follow each other's social media accounts.
- The rectangular blocks under the soffit of the cornice of the Greek Doric temple, which is studded with guttae.
- a loan in Roman and civil law of fungible things to be restored in similar property of the same quantity and quality
- a contract in which movables are so loaned
- a loan for consumption
- Having a sensitive sense of smell.
- pedantic; captious
- A dance in South Asia, performed by professional dancing girls.
- As much as a net will hold.
- nothing but; only; just
- Nothing; something which does not exist.
- A thing or person of no worth or value; nil.
- Not any quantity of number; zero; the score of no points in a game.
- The figure or character representing, or having the shape of, zero.
- Good for nothing; worthless.
- Wicked, immoral.
- To abase, to set at nought.
- To no extent; in no way; not at all.
- Nothing; zero.
- A person who practices nudism.
- Relating to nudists and nudism.
- The state or quality of being without clothing on the body; specifically, the quality of being without clothing on the genitals.
- Something or someone without clothes.
- A small, compact chunk or clump.
- A chicken nugget.
- A tidbit of something valuable.
- A small piece of tasty food, a tidbit.
- A type of boot polish.
- A bud from the Cannabis sativa plant. definition
- An inexperienced, newly trained fighter pilot.
- A partial description gleaned from data mining.
- A small marsupial carnivore, Myrmecobius fasciatus, endemic to western Australia, that eats almost exclusively termites.
- Any of several species of puffbirds in the genus Nonnula.
- nodding, drooping
- To rock or sway involuntarily.
- To wobble, to make a circular rocking motion.
- An evergreen tree, cultivated in the East Indies for its spicy seeds.
- The aromatic seed of this tree, used as a spice.
- A grey-brown colour.
- The playing of the ball between the legs of an opponent.
- To flavour with nutmeg.
- To play the ball between the legs of (an opponent).