Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3438
- A person who, without right, enters into a freehold on the death of the last possessor, before the heir or devisee.
- One who abates, ends, or does away with a nuisance.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A unit of electrical potential equal to one hundred millionth of a volt (10-8 volts), used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units.
- To approach and speak to boldly or aggressively, as with a demand or request.
- To join side to side; to border; hence, to sail along the coast or side of.
- To approach; to come up to.
- To speak to first; to address; to greet.
- To adjoin; to lie alongside.
- To solicit sexually.
- To assault (the most common modern usage).
- Address; greeting.
- An attack.
- Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
- A way of motion or functioning.
- A fast-paced activity.
- A mechanism; a moving part or assembly.
- The mechanism, that is the set of moving mechanical parts, of a keyboard instrument, like a piano, which transfers the motion of the key to the sound-making device.Marshall Cavendish Corporation Growing Up with Science p.1079
- sexual intercourse.
- The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar.
- A charge or other process in a law court (also called lawsuit and actio).
- A mapping from a pairing of mathematical objects to one of them, respecting their individual structures. The pairing is typically a Cartesian product or a tensor product. The object that is not part of the output is said to act on the other object. In any given context, action is used as an abbreviation for a more fully named notion, like group action or left group action.
- The event or connected series of events, either real or imaginary, forming the subject of a play, poem, or other composition; the unfolding of the drama of events.
- The attitude or position of the several parts of the body as expressive of the sentiment or passion depicted.
- spin put on the bowling ball.
- A share in the capital stock of a joint-stock company, or in the public funds.
- To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect.
- To initiate a legal action against someone.
- Like, characteristic, or typical of an actor
- An atom that lies on a crystal surface
- To exhort; to advise.
- Deft, dexterous, or skillful.
- Covered with water bearing floating articles; flooded.
- Out at sea.
- Making successful progress under one's own steam.
- in front; face to face
- in front of
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- A stuffed jacket worn under the mail, or (later) a jacket plated with mail.
- One of the Furies
- the brightest star in Ursa Major.
- A market town in Cumbria, England.
- A village in Devon, England.
- A village in Lancashire, England.
- A small town in Georgia, USA.
- An amorous girl or woman; a wanton.
- A petty love affair.
- A love knot, love token, or love song.
- The total, aggregate or sum of material
- A quantity or volume.
- The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- To total or evaluate.
- To be the same as or equivalent to.
- To go up; to ascend.
- A derivative of the achiote (Bixa orellana) trees of tropical regions of the Americas used as a red food coloring and as a flavoring.
- To smear or rub over with oil or an unctuous substance; also, to spread over, as oil.
- To apply oil to or to pour oil upon, etc., as a sacred rite, especially for consecration.
- To choose or nominate somebody for a leading or otherwise important position, especially formally or officially, or as an intended successor.
- To mark somebody as an official ruler, especially a king or queen, as a part of a religious ceremony.
- A rare congenital deformity where the pinna or auricle, the outer projected portion of the ear, is completely absent.
- The realm or world of ants; ants collectively.
- The state or essence of an ant.
- Of or relating to the aorta.
- To divide into plots or parts; to apportion.
- The supposed paranormal transference of an object from one place to another, or the appearance of an object from an unknown source, often associated with poltergeist activity and séances.
- A noun (sensu lato) which has no distinction of cases; an indeclinable noun.
- to dispel, to drive away
- A common place name in England.
- derived from the place names.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A town in South Australia, Australia.
- A ghost town in California, US.
- A city in Idaho, US.
- A village in Illinois, US.
- A city/town in Iowa, US.
- A village in Nebraska, US.
- A city/town in South Dakota, US.
- To sort or arrange according to characteristic or class.
- To be of a kind with.
- To be associated with; to consort with.
- To furnish with, or make up of, various sorts or a variety of goods.
- To stun, paralyse, astound.
- In a stooping or inclined position.
- To store; to furnish with stores.The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, via Wordnik.com (accessed 19 March 2016)
- the incapability of a woman to conceive and give birth to children
- Lacking a tonal center or key.
- Not tonal, lacking tones.
- Lacking muscle tone.
- Characterized by atony, or want of vital energy.
- Pertaining to or suffering from atopy.
- jet-black in color.
- To transfer one's obligations from a person to another person.
- To consent to the transfer of one's obligations as tenant under a lease to a new landlord.
- An English topographic surname for someone who lived near a wood.
- A small city in Kansas, USA
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- An advocate, a lawyer
- Any of four species of wading birds in the genus Recurvirostra, of the family Recurvirostridae, with long, slender recurved bills, long legs, and webbed feet.
- A grallatorial bird, of the genus Recurvirostra; the scooper. The bill is long and bend upward toward the tip.
- Pertaining to azote, or nitrogen; formed or consisting of azote
- Fatal to animal life.
- Originally, a small ball placed in a container to cast a vote; now, by extension, a piece of paper or card used for this purpose, or some other means used to signify a vote.
- The process of voting, especially in secret; a round of voting.
- The total of all the votes cast in an election.
- A list of candidates running for office; a ticket.
- To vote or decide by ballot.
- To draw lots.
- a city in Florida, USA
- A member of the Basotho people.
- A boy employed to watch over the bats, and assist the players in retrieving them during play.
- Overdone or treacly attempts to inspire pathos.
- Risible failure on the part of a work of art to properly affect its audience, particularly owing to
- anticlimax: an abrupt transition in style or subject from high to low.
- banality: unaffectingly cliché or trite treatment of a topic.
- immaturity: lack of serious treatment of a topic.
- hyperbole: excessiveness
- The ironic use of such failure for satiric or humorous effect.
- A nadir, a low point particularly in one's career.
- Any ray or skate of the superorder Batoidea
- To blot all over; stain.
- A city in Kansas, USA, and the county seat of Mitchell County.
- A village in Ohio
- A city and town in Wisconsin
- To call (someone) a lout.
- To address or speak of with contemptuous language.
- an unincorporated community in Kentucky, USA.
- a city in Missouri, USA.
- a city in South Carolina, USA.
- a city in Texas, USA
- a community in Ontario, Canada.
- a village in England
- a village in Lincolnshire, England
- a village in England
- To annotate or make notes upon, especially excessively.
- To soil with soot; blacken with soot; besmut.
- To suit; fit; become.
- Something fitting or appropriate; suitable company, associates, or attendants.
- To make spots on; mark with spots; cover with or as with blots or blemishes.
- To lay up in store; deposit for safe keeping; stow; place.
- To lodge, or find quarters for; provide with accommodation.
- To dispose of.
- To give; confer; impart gratuitously; present something to someone or something, especially as a gift or honour.
- To give in marriage.
- To apply; make use of; use; employ.
- To behave or deport.
- To worry or exercise with toil.
- To endow with a tone; give a special tone to; place stress upon; accentuate; emphasise.
- Any plant of the genus Stachys.
- an herb used in traditional European medicine.
- Any plant of the genus Pedicularis (louseworts).
- Torn in pieces; tattered.
- A person who makes a bet, such as a wager on the outcome of a game of chance or a sporting event.
- bullion in the bar or mass
- Relating to books printed at Zweibrücken in Bavaria.
- An uneven patch of color or discoloration.
- An irregularly shaped spot.
- Imperfection; blemish on one’s reputation, stain.
- To mark with blotches.
- To develop blotches, to become blotchy.
- Characterised or ridden with blots or blemishes.
- Bloom or blossom; blossoms collectively; the state of blossoming.
- A ship, normally moored alongside a quay, used as a hotel
- Someone who travels by boat.
- One who works on a boat, especially as captain.
- A straw hat, very stiff, with a flat brim and crown.
- A North American wild cat, Lynx rufus, having tufted ears and a short tail.
- a multi-purpose construction vehicle, akin to a smaller version of a front-end loader or a backhoe (backhoe loader), with a one-man caged control cabin
- A small patch of boggy ground.
- A kind of supernatural being.
- A type of hornblendic gabbro.
- A type of fruiting body produced by certain fungus species in the order Boletales; includes several species of mushrooms that are considered delicious.
- A person or thing that bolts, or runs suddenly.
- A plant that grows larger and more rapidly than usual.
- A machine or mechanism that automatically sifts milled flour.
- A person who sifts flour or meal.
- A filter mechanism.
- An obscure athlete who wins an upset victory.
- A horse that wins at long odds.
- In team sports, a relatively little-known or inexperienced player who inspires the team to greater success.
- A member of a political party who does not support the party's nominee.
- A missed landing on an aircraft carrier; an aircraft that has made a missed landing.
- A kind of fishing line; a boulter.
- Wearing a boot or boots.
- A small grove or copse of trees, a thicket.
- a small road leading up a hill.
- The scientific study of plants, a branch of biology. Typically those disciplines that involve the whole plant.
- The plant life of a geographical area.
- The properties and life phenomena exhibited by a plant, plant type, or plant group.
- A botanical treatise or study, especially of a particular system of botany or that of a particular place.
- Full of botches or mistakes; poorly done.
- To annoy, to disturb, to irritate.
- To feel care or anxiety; to make or take trouble; to be troublesome.
- To do something which is of negligible inconvenience.
- Fuss, ado.
- Trouble, inconvenience.
- A container, typically made of glass or plastic and having a tapered neck, used primarily for holding liquids.
- The contents of such a container.
- A container with a rubber nipple used for giving liquids to infants, a baby bottle.
- Nerve, courage.
- With one’s hair color produced by dyeing.
- A bundle, especially of hay; something tied in a bundle.
- Intoxicating liquor; alcohol.
- To seal (a liquid) into a bottle for later consumption. Also fig.
- To feed (an infant) baby formula.
- To refrain from doing (something) at the last moment because of a sudden loss of courage.
- To strike (someone) with a bottle.
- To pelt (a musical act on stage, etc.) with bottles as a sign of disapproval.
- A dwelling; habitation.
- A building; house.
- (in plural; also water-bougets) A charge resembling the water bags that were used to supply the army in battle.
- A bend; flexure; curve; a hollow angle.
- A bend or hollow in a human or animal body.
- A curve or bend in a river, mountain chain, or other geographical feature.
- The part of a sling that contains the stone.
- A fold, bend, or coil in a tail, snake's body etc.
- Something given liberally.
- A reward for some specific act, especially one given by a government or authority.
- Formerly, money paid to volunteers for serving in the British navy in time of war.
- The upper portion of a product's box, used as a proof of purchase when claiming an associated offer.
- Resembling broth.
- A trawl; a boulter.
- The mode of fishing with a boulter or spiller.
- A freshwater fish, taxonomic name Lota lota, similar to the ling and the cusk, which spawns in the winter.Displaced native eelpout
- The ether radical derived from butanol
- To act in partnership.
- Can not (am/is/are unable to).
- Am/are/is forbidden or not permitted to
- Something that cannot be done.
- One who is holding a captive or captives.
- One who catches or has caught or captured something or someone.
- car park
- A churl; a boor; a peasant or countryman.
- A mythical element of which the philosopher's stone was believed to be composed.
- A vegetable with a nutritious, juicy, sweet root that is often orange in colour, Daucus carota, especially the subspecies sativus in the family Apiaceae.
- A shade of orange similar to the flesh of most carrots.
- A motivational tool.
- To attach (a boat) to the roof of an automobile for transportation.
- The state or essence of being a cat.
- To prance, said of mounts
- To move about carelessly, playfully or boisterously.
- Any book printed by the first English printer.
- collet, beazle (around a jewel, on a ring)
- An archaic musical instrument whose exact form is uncertain, generally shown with four strings.
- To adorn or cover with clothing; to dress; to supply clothes or clothing.
- To cover or invest, as if with a garment.
- Resembling cloth.
- Full of clots, or clods.
- An old term for cotton
- Any of certain South American monkeys of the genus Ateles, especially
- Covered with a thin layer.
- A coat with short flaps
- A machine that coats material with a fluid.
- a document issued by the bond office stating that duty has been paid and goods may be sold.
- An office in a customhouse where goods intended for export are entered.
- A measure for bread.
- pert; saucy
- An expert in the codes of civil law.
- A person who codifies; a codifier.
- Reasonable and convincing; based on evidence.
- Appealing to the intellect or powers of reasoning.
- Forcefully persuasive; relevant, pertinent.
- A group of people supporting the same thing or person.
- A demographic grouping of people, especially those in a defined age group, or having a common characteristic.
- Any division of a Roman legion, normally of about 500 men.
- An accomplice; abettor; associate.
- Any band or body of warriors.
- A natural group of orders of organisms, less comprehensive than a class.
- A colleague.
- A set of individuals in a program, especially when compared to previous sets of individuals within the same program.
- of or relating to the sex act or coitus
- Sexual intercourse, especially involving penile-vaginal penetration.
- A pigtail, a symbol of the matador.
- Any of several placenames in England derived from and
- derived from any of these places.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A battle, a fight (often one in which weapons are used); a struggle for victory.
- To fight with; to struggle for victory against.
- A confection consisting of a nut, seed or fruit coated with sugar.
- To preserve dry with sugar.
- A computerised image of a suspect produced for the police force.
- Courtesy and considerate behaviour towards others; social harmony.
- Friendly understanding and mutual recognition between two entities, especially nations.
- A communications satellite.
- Any of various kinds of food that have been immersed in a substance for both flavor and preservation.
- To prepare (food) in this manner.
- A magnesian variety of dolomite.
- The state of being cool, temperature-wise; coolness.
- A louse.
- A louse.
- Any germ or contaminant, real or imagined, especially from the opposite gender (for pre-pubescent children).
- A nest-building female American Coot (counterpart to cooter).
- A slang term for a sideswiper, a type of telegraph key.
- A copier; one who copies.
- To plot (curves, points, etc.) together.
- A helicopter.
- To helicopter: to transport by helicopter.
- To helicopter: to travel by helicopter.
- To move like a helicopter.
- Of or pertaining to the Copts, the or to the Coptic language.
- The Coptic language of Egypt.
- A flirtatious female; a coquette.
- A flirtatious male.
- To act as a flirt or coquet.
- To waste time; to dally.
- To attempt to attract the notice, admiration, or love of; to treat with a show of tenderness or regard, with a view to deceive and disappoint.
- A musical instrument of the brass family, slightly smaller than a trumpet, usually in the musical key of B-flat.
- A piece of paper twisted to be used as a container.
- A pastry shell to be filled with ice-cream, hence (UK) an ice cream cone.
- A troop of cavalry; so called from its being accompanied by a cornet player.
- A kind of organ stop.
- The white headdress worn by the
- The standard flown by a cavalry troop.
- The fifth commissioned officer in a cavalry troop, who carried the colours (equivalent to the in infantry).
- A woman's foundation garment, reinforced with stays, that supports the waistline, hips and bust.
- A tight-fitting gown or basque worn by both men and women during the Middle Ages.
- To enclose in a corset; to wear a corset.
- To restrict or confine.
- a city in Colorado, USA
- To treat like a pet; to overly indulge. name="oetyld"> Etymology Dictionary
- A pet; a pet lamb. name="oetyld"> Etymology Dictionary
- Someone indulged or cosseted. name="oetyld"> Etymology Dictionary
- Pertaining to a rib.
- Pertaining to a costa
- Pertaining to the costa and/or to the wing areas next to it
- Having a specified (type of) cost
- Of high cost; expensive.
- A hilly upland including the divide between two valleys.
- The side of a valley.
- An inner suburb of Bristol, England between Clifton, Redland and St Pauls
- form of (peasant inhabiting a cottage)
- A pin or wedge inserted through a slot to hold machine parts together.
- a cotter pin.
- To fasten with a cotter.
- A peasant who performed labour in exchange for the right to live in a cottage.
- Any member of the Cottidae.
- Any of several cup-shaped organs in various animals
- A syntype or paratype.
- A woven cloth created specifically for making corsets.
- Hidden, covered over; overgrown, sheltered.
- Secret, surreptitious, concealed.
- A covering.
- A disguise.
- A hiding place.
- Area of thick undergrowth where animals hide.
- A feather that covers the bases of flight feathers.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA.
- Either of a pair of lamellate structures on the underside of each abdominal segment in silverfish
- A part of the Earth’s crust that has survived the splitting and merging of continents.
- The coronet of a horse.
- The area where something forks or branches, a ramification takes place.
- The ventral area (very bottom) of the human body between where the legs fork from the torso, in the area of the genitals.
- Either the male or female genitalia.
- In the three-ball carom game, a small space at each corner of the table.
- To provide with a crotch; to give the form of a crotch to.
- To notch (a log) on opposite sides to provide a grip for the dogs that will haul it.
- The univalent radical CH3-CH=CH-CH2-
- Frequent repetition of the same behavior; way of behavior common to many; ordinary manner; habitual practice; method of doing, living or behaving.
- Traditional beliefs or rituals
- Habitual buying of goods; practice of frequenting, as a shop, manufactory, etc., for making purchases or giving orders; business support.
- Long-established practice, considered as unwritten law, and resting for authority on long consent; usage. See Usage, and Prescription.
- Familiar acquaintance; familiarity.
- The customary toll, tax, or tribute.
- Created under particular specifications, specially to fit one's needs: specialized, unique, custom-made
- Own, personal, not standard or premade
- To make familiar; to accustom.
- To supply with customers.
- To pay the customs of.
- To have a custom.
- A variety of cellulose, occurring as a fine transparent membrane covering the aerial organs of plants, and forming an essential ingredient of cork.
- A nonnucleated mass of protoplasm, the supposed simplest form of independent life, differing from the amoeba, in which nuclei are present.
- cell-like; applied to the corpuscles of lymph, blood, chyle, etc.
- All the cells of a particular organism together with their associated cellular processes
- A bandit or armed robber, especially in India, Pakistan, and the surrounding region.
- To commit armed robbery.
- the Santee branch of the Sioux people; the language of these people
- either of the two states North Dakota or South Dakota
- A member of the Dakota people.
- A thin layer of contractile tissue directly beneath the skin of the scrotum.
- The act of giving, granting or conferring (e.g. an office) but not liberal as a donation or gift
- A dose
- A community in Nova Scotia.
- A town in Alabama.
- A city in Idaho.
- A town in Indiana.
- A city in Iowa
- A city in Kentucky.
- A town in Maine
- A city in Minnesota
- A town in New York
- A city in Ohio, USA
- A city in Tennessee
- A city in Texas
- A town in Virginia
- A city in Washington State
- A town in Wyoming
- An English surname, variant of Deighton
- (1760-1824), an early American politician
- A person or firm that owes money; one in debt; one who owes a debt
- One who owes another anything, or is under obligation, arising from express agreement, implication of law, or principles of natural justice, to pay money or to fulfill some other obligation; in bankruptcy or similar proceedings, the person who is the subject of the proceeding.
- To make an infusion
- To reduce, or concentrate by boiling down
- To lower the rank or status of something or someone.
- To relegate.
- To comport (oneself); to behave.
- To evict, especially from a country.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA. Also spelt Desoto.
- a city in Texas, USA.
- a brand of automobile produced and sold by Chrysler Corporation between 1928 and 1961.
- to turn form the original or plain meaning
- to pervert
- to wrest
- Devoted to religion or to religious feelings and duties; absorbed in religious exercises; given to devotion; pious; reverent; religious.
- Expressing devotion or piety.
- Warmly devoted; hearty; sincere; earnest.
- A devotee.
- A devotional composition, or part of a composition; devotion.
- Any of a group of minute unicellular algae having a siliceous covering of great delicacy, now categorized as class or division Bacillariophyta, formerly all included in the order , now obsolete.
- A bilingual inscription, book, or person.
- Of or relating to both ears.
- An interval of two tones
- Instructive; that teaches.
- A teacher or lecturer at some American colleges or universities.
- A tour guide at a museum, art gallery, historical site, etc.
- The quality of being teachable.
- A summary; a brief digest.
- A short entry of the proceedings of a court; the register containing them; the office containing the register.
- A schedule of cases awaiting action in a court.
- An agenda of things to be done.
- A ticket or label fixed to something, showing its contents or directions to its use.
- A receipt.
- To make an entry in a docket.
- To label a parcel, etc.
- To make a brief abstract of (a writing) and endorse it on the back of the paper, or to endorse the title or contents on the back of; to summarize.
- To make a brief abstract of and inscribe in a book.
- To enter or inscribe in a docket, or list of causes for trial.
- The office or dignity of a doge.
- Afflicted with weak-mindedness, usually caused by senility
- A kind of baize with cotton warp and woollen weft.
- A greyish variety of trachyte.
- To make a donation; to give away something of value to support or contribute towards a cause or for the benefit of another.
- A substance added in small amounts to a pure semiconductor material to alter its conductive properties.
- A maritime county of England bounded by Somerset, Wiltshire, Hampshire, Devon and the English Channel.
- A bedroom or dormitory, especially in a monastery.
- Decline in judgment and other cognitive functions, associated with aging; senility.
- Fondness or attentiveness, especially to an excessive degree.
- Foolish utterance(s); drivel.
- An old person with impaired intellect; one in his or her dotage.
- a city in Alabama, USA, and the county seat of Named after the biblical Dothan.
- Characterized by giving love and affection.
- Excessive fondness; reverence.
- foolish; weak; imbecile
- Made up of a series of dots.
- That contains dots.
- name, sometimes also used as a formal given name.
- A plug or tap of a vessel.
- A small rounded lump or mass.
- The still burning or wholly burnt tobacco plug in a pipe.
- A baby's dummy, pacifier.
- A sweetened dish.
- Deer's testicles.
- manhood, virtue
- the age of manhood, maturity
- virility, manly power or strength; excellence
- men, people
- a company, army, retinue
- One who leads.
- A device, usually in the form of an oscillating roller, for transferring ink from a source to the ink train rollers in a controlled manner.
- an inner-city district of Bristol, England.
- an incorporated town in Maryland, USA
- a city in Pennsylvania, USA
- name transferred from the surname.
- The condition such that an organ or other body part has an abnormal position.
- A device for catching eels; an eelbuck.
- The work involved in performing an activity; exertion.
- An endeavour.
- A force acting on a body in the direction of its motion.
- To make an effort.
- To stimulate.
- A posset made of eggs, brandy, sugar, and ale.
- existence as an individual; selfness
- A kind of sour cherry.
- an unincorporated community in Alberta, Canada.
- an extinct town in Colorado, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Florida, USA.
- a home rule-class city in Kentucky, USA
- a town in Maryland, USA
- a village in Michigan, USA.
- a small city in Minnesota, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Ohio, USA.
- a small city in Oregon, USA.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA.
- a small city in Tennessee, USA.
- an incorporated town in Virginia, USA.
- variant of Elliott.
- name, variant of Elliott.
- To capture with toils or nets; to ensnare.
- To deposit in a tomb.
- To confine in restrictive surroundings.
- Crudely chopped flints, believed to be naturally produced by geological processes such as glaciation.
- An inhabitant or a resident of ancient or modern Epirus, in northwest Greece and southern Albania.
- A group of people, especially armed people, who go with a person of distinction for the sake of providing safety to them when on a journey;
- An accompanying person in such group
- A guard who travels with a dangerous person, for example a criminal, for the protection of others
- A group of people attending as a mark of respect or honor
- An accompanying person in a social gathering etc.
- Protection, care, or safeguard on a journey or excursion
- A sex worker who does not operate in a brothel, but with whom clients make appointments; a call girl or male equivalent.
- To attend to in order to guard and protect; to accompany as a safeguard; to give honorable or ceremonious attendance to
- To go with someone as a partner, for example on a formal date.
- An organophosphate insecticide, [dethoxyphosphinothioylthio)methylthio]-diethoxy-thioxophosphorane, that is known to neutralise the neural enzyme acetylcholinesterase.
- A native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
- Any black-skinned person.
- The univalent radical CH3CH2O- derived from ethanol
- Describing any compound derived from this radical
- a small town in Arkansas, USA.
- a census-designated place in North Carolina, USA.
- a small town in Oklahoma, USA.
- a city in Tennessee, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- a river in Georgia, USA.
- A form of energy medicine devised by (1908–1994).
- To extract a material by boiling
- To urge; to advise earnestly.
- To take or seize off an unwilling person by physical force, menace, duress, torture, or any undue or illegal exercise of power or ingenuity
- To obtain by means of the offense of extortion.
- To twist outwards.
- A homosexual man, especially an effeminate one.
- An annoying or inconsiderate person.
- A burning or smouldering piece of firewood.
- A bundle of sticks tied together.
- Burdensome baggage.
- A shrewish woman.
- A meatball made from pork, see w:Faggot (food)
- A faggot voter.
- A quantity of wares, such as raw silk, of approximately one to three hundredweights.
- A state of worry or nervous anxiety, irritability.
- An irritable outburst.
- Patron, protector.
- Admirer, one who favours.
- Supporter, adherent, partisan.
- A town in Staffordshire, England, one of the Potteries.
- An artist who models or forms statues and reliefs in any malleable material.
- A measure of capacity, once used for corn etc, equal to four pecks
- lightweight, so as to rise when the wearer is walking.
- light, hypnotic and relaxing.
- Having a feeling of extreme calm, as if floating through the air.
- A lilo or similar item that floats on water and can be sat on.
- A particle of food, etc. found floating in liquid.
- A small flower, especially one of a cluster in a composite flower
- mouldy, musty, fusty
- A salt or ester of folic acid, especially one present in the vitamin B complex.
- Part of the verge escapement in early clocks.
- A creature from Italian folklore.
- To incite or cause troublesome acts; to encourage; to instigate.
- To apply a poultice to; to bathe with a cloth or sponge.
- Of, relating to, or from a spring or fountain.
- Of or relating to a font.
- Of, relating to, or being a source for something.
- Having a specified form or type of foot or number of feet.
- Consisting of, or having been put into, metrical feet (of a specified character or number).
- A footgoer; pedestrian
- A line of information printed at the bottom of a page as identification of the document (compare foot, 12).
- something that is a stated number of feet in some dimension - such as a six-footer.
- someone who has a preference for a certain foot - such as right-footer/left-footer
- Football / soccer.
- To meddle with or pass time without accomplishing anything meaningful.
- To waste time; to trifle.
- To talk nonsense.
- nonsense; foolishness.
- To cut into; cut through; cut completely; cut in pieces; cut up; injure by cutting.
- The basic unit of currency of Hungary; formerly subdivided into 100 fillér.
- To abandon; give up; leave; leave behind; forsake; desert; neglect.
- To forget.
- A quarter (fourth part) used especially as a unit of mass or capacity.
- To get in front of; intercept; waylay; entrap.
- To upset; hinder.
- To beset; surround; invest; surround with difficulties; bar; impede.
- To overpower; give one too much of anything; surfeit.
- To overburden or overpower with work; overwork; overtax.
- A strategem.
- For this, for this reason; on this account.
- Because, for sake, forwhy.
- An old English unit of weight of 70 pounds, used particularly for lead
- A fig or whit; term of contempt.
- A Whig following the political philosophy of
- Foamy or churned to the point of becoming infused with bubbles.
- lightweight; lacking depth or substance
- Stuffiness; stifling warmth in a room.
- To enjoy being in a warm, close, stuffy place.
- A fugal passage in a composition that is not a strict or complete fugue.
- A town in Alabama.
- A town/city in Arkansas.
- A in California.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town and county in Indiana.
- A city in Kansas.
- A city and county in Kentucky.
- A in Maryland.
- A city and county seat in Mississippi.
- A city in Missouri, and county seat of Callaway County.
- A city, a town and a county in New York.
- A village in Ohio.
- A town in South Dakota.
- A town in Texas.
- A town in Wisconsin.
- A swastika, especially one with the arms bent in an anticlockwise direction.
- A clumsy or uncouth person.
- A particular life cycle stage in the Apicomplexa.
- A stick or small wooden cylinder used for tightening a bandage, in order to compress the arteries of a limb.
- A seaduck of the genre Bucephala; a goldeneye.
- An variant of made from and sugar, combined with other The ingredients are while to break up ice crystals as they form.
- A Hindu (as opposed to a Muslim) in Mughal-era India.
- The gentoo penguin (Pygoscelis papua), a species of penguin.
- The Telugu language.
- Belonging to earth; terrestrial.
- a manager of another's affairs.
- ghost (especially a non-frightening one)
- A strumpet; a wanton girl.
- giddy; inconstant; wanton
- A beard trimmed to grow only at the center of the chin.
- Having the characteristics of a goat.
- a quantity of liquid, often in a sticky blotch
- a lump or chunk of something, especially of raw meat
- an extract of text, or image (especially a quotation), provided as a context for analysis, translation or discussion in an examination.
- To splash with small quantities of liquid; to spatter.
- To swallow greedily; to swallow in gobbets.
- A drinking vessel with a foot and stem.
- Any of four species of long-billed, migratory wading birds in the genus Limosa, of the family Scolopacidae.
- Pertaining to black magic or necromancy.
- A jar or vase of porous pottery for keeping water cool by evaporation.
- An enlargement of the front and sides of the neck caused by inflammation of the thyroid gland.
- A black, fibrous substance resembling horsehair, obtained from the leafstalks of two palms, and Arenga pinnata (syn. of the Indian islands, and used for making cordage.
- A piece of armour for the throat.
- A type of women's clothing covering the neck and breast; a wimple.
- An ornament for the neck; a necklace, ornamental collar, torque etc.
- A cutting instrument used in lithotomy.
- A grooved instrument used in performing various operations; called also blunt gorget.
- A crescent-shaped coloured patch on the neck of a bird or mammal.
- A pygmy goose of the genus
- Nickname for New York City.
- A village in Nottinghamshire, England, associated in folklore with insanity.
- obtained, acquired