Page 1 from 4
Total results: 3819
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- To stand apart from; to leave off; to desist.
- To summon.
- To quote.
- To excite.
- To induce.
- Of, pertaining to, or producing vinegar
- Of or pertaining to acetic acid or its derivatives
- the triglyceride of acetic acid
- The lowest groups of animals, in which no nervous system has been observed.
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- An intended action or deed.
- The occupation of an actor.
- The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
- Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
- A way of motion or functioning.
- A fast-paced activity.
- A mechanism; a moving part or assembly.
- The mechanism, that is the set of moving mechanical parts, of a keyboard instrument, like a piano, which transfers the motion of the key to the sound-making device.Marshall Cavendish Corporation Growing Up with Science p.1079
- sexual intercourse.
- The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar.
- A charge or other process in a law court (also called lawsuit and actio).
- A mapping from a pairing of mathematical objects to one of them, respecting their individual structures. The pairing is typically a Cartesian product or a tensor product. The object that is not part of the output is said to act on the other object. In any given context, action is used as an abbreviation for a more fully named notion, like group action or left group action.
- The event or connected series of events, either real or imaginary, forming the subject of a play, poem, or other composition; the unfolding of the drama of events.
- The attitude or position of the several parts of the body as expressive of the sentiment or passion depicted.
- spin put on the bowling ball.
- A share in the capital stock of a joint-stock company, or in the public funds.
- To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect.
- To initiate a legal action against someone.
- a promontory of Acarnania in Ancient Greece where and Cleopatra were defeated by Octavian in a naval battle in 31 BC
- Sharpness or acuteness, as of a needle, wit, etc.
- A fine cotton cloth of India.
- A person who is addicted, especially to a harmful drug
- An adherent or fan (of something)
- To cause someone to become addicted, especially to a drug
- To involve oneself in something habitually, to the exclusion of almost anything else.
- To adapt; to make suitable; to fit.
- To set in order; to array.
- Any of a group of solar deities, the sons of Aditi and Kashyapa.
- name used in India.
- Floating at random.
- Absent from his watch.
- Behind one's opponents, or below a required threshold in terms of score, number or position.
- In a drifting condition; at the mercy of wind and waves.
- Deft, dexterous, or skillful.
- Unfairly discriminatory against someone based on their age.
- A person who behaves in an ageist manner.
- A rodent similar in appearance to a guinea pig but having longer legs.
- A fur containing a pattern of pigmentation in which individual hairs have several bands of light and dark pigment with black tips; any of several genes responsible for this pigmentation.
- helpful, assisting
- A tip, originally of metal and often decorative, on a ribbon or cord that makes lacing two parts of a garment or garments together easier, as in corset lacings, "points" (lacing hose or trousers to jacket or doublet) or sleeves to a bodice.
- An ornament worn on clothing, consisting of a metal tag on a fringe, or a small metallic plate or spangle.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- Although, despite (it) being.
- To make light or less heavy; lighten; alleviate.
- To get off or exit a vehicle or animal; to descend; to dismount.
- To descend and settle, lodge, rest, or stop.
- To find by accident
- To light; light up; illuminate.
- To set light to; light.
- Lit, on fire, switched on.
- Lit; on fire, burning.
- the brightest star in Ursa Major.
- Of or pertaining to a hypothetical grouping of languages that includes the Turkic, Mongolic, and Tungusic and less often the Japanese and Korean languages. The most familiar modern languages of this group include Turkish, Mongolian and, more controversially, Japanese and Korean.
- A silicate of hafnium, thorium and zirconium
- Composed entirely of polished steel plates without fabric or other such covering, white.
- Polished plate armour worn uncovered by cloth.
- In the midst or middle of; surrounded or encompassed by; among.
- A dam made in a stream for maintaining and regulating irrigation.
- A phyllosilicate mineral related to biotite.
- To smear or rub over with oil or an unctuous substance; also, to spread over, as oil.
- To apply oil to or to pour oil upon, etc., as a sacred rite, especially for consecration.
- To choose or nominate somebody for a leading or otherwise important position, especially formally or officially, or as an intended successor.
- To mark somebody as an official ruler, especially a king or queen, as a part of a religious ceremony.
- A rare congenital deformity where the pinna or auricle, the outer projected portion of the ear, is completely absent.
- The two projecting feathered angles of the forehead of some birds; the frontal points.
- A poison obtained from the upas tree.
- The practice of some birds of rubbing live ants or occasionally other items into the feathers, possibly as a means of controlling parasites.
- A county in the north-east of Northern Ireland, also known as County Antrim.
- A town in Northern Ireland that is the administrative centre of County Antrim.
- Strange, rare, unusual.
- A fine-grained granitic rock composed mostly of quartz and feldspars.
- A subdivision of the Early (Lower) Cretaceous epoch.
- The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- Somewhere or something considered unpleasant or undesirable.
- to dispel, to drive away
- even; not odd; said of elementary substances and radicals whose valence is divisible by two without a remainder.
- In an arty fashion.
- A person who creates art.
- A person who creates art as an occupation.
- A person who is skilled at some activity.
- A recording artist.
- Being self-derived, in contrast to being derived from or dependent on another; being self-existent, having independent existence.
- Lack of appetite; loathing of food.
- To stand (at a place) or to (an opinion).
- To attend
- To help.
- To make a pass that leads directly towards scoring.
- To help compensate for what is missing with the help of a medical technique or therapy.
- A helpful action or an act of giving.
- The act of helping another player score points or goals
- A decisive pass made to the goal scorer
- A defensive play, allowing a teammate to record a putout}}.
- ancestral, atavistic
- Lack of coordination while performing voluntary movements, which may appear to be clumsiness, inaccuracy, or instability.
- The condition of a polymer in which the orientation of the subunits is random
- Disorder; irregularity.
- Pertaining to ataxia.
- The influence of a star upon other stars or upon human beings.
- Presenting an action or event as being incomplete.
- meaning "son of Atkin (Adam)".
- the incapability of a woman to conceive and give birth to children
- Lacking muscle tone.
- Characterized by atony, or want of vital energy.
- Pertaining to or suffering from atopy.
- Of or pertaining to an atrium, especially the atrium of the heart.
- To accomplish; to achieve.
- To get at the knowledge of; to ascertain.
- To reach or come to, by progression or motion; to arrive at.
- To come or arrive, by motion, growth, bodily exertion, or efforts toward a place, object, state, etc.; to reach.
- To reach in excellence or degree; to equal.
- To overtake.
- Twisted; distorted; awry
- To blame; reproach; twit.
- that has no type; devoid of typical character; irregular; unlike the type
- A variety of pyroxene, usually of a black or dark green color, occurring in igneous rocks, such as basalt.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- To operate an aircraft.
- relating to a grandfather or ancestor
- Pertaining to azote, or nitrogen; formed or consisting of azote
- Fatal to animal life.
- A believer in Babism.
- Agent noun of bait; one who baits, as with a fishhook.
- A troll who deliberately posts aggravating messages on a message board to elicit responses.
- A mineral, barium sulphate, with the chemical formula BaSO4.
- Apart from; except.
- Any ray or skate of the superorder Batoidea
- A seaside city on the Black Sea coast and capital of Adjara, an autonomous republic in southwest Georgia.
- To cover or defile with dirt.
- A form of rented accommodation consisting of a single room for use as both sitting room and bedroom; there may also be a small kitchen area and washing and toilet facilities, but these may be shared.
- To entrust; endow.
- To give a gift or gifts to; bestow or present with gifts.
- To give as a gift.
- To surround or enclose
- The capital city of Lebanon.
- The drinking game of beer pong.
- To knit.
- To girdle or encircle.
- A city in Kansas, USA, and the county seat of Mitchell County.
- A village in Ohio
- A city and town in Wisconsin
- To cover or envelop with mist, or as with mist.
- A diminutive of Bertram, Albert or of any male given names ending in -bert.
- To spit upon; soil with spittle.
- To put into brisk or vigorous action; to move with life and vigor.
- To make active; to rouse oneself.
- To happen to.
- To happen; to take place; to bechance or befall.
- To occur; betide.
- To worry or exercise with toil.
- To set in order; to adorn, deck, or embellish.
- To trim (anything) about.
- A traditional water-carrier of South Asia.
- A form of spear having two prongs
- bullion in the bar or mass
- Double; growing in pairs or couples.
- To perform bination; to hold Mass twice on the same day.
- Relating to books printed at Zweibrücken in Bavaria.
- An Afro-Asiatic language spoken in southeastern Chad.
- To cut or divide into two parts.
- To divide an angle, line segment, or other figure into two equal parts.
- A bisector, which divides into two equal parts.
- An envelope, card, or fragment thereof showing an affixed cut half of a regular issued stamp, over which one or more postal markings have been applied. Typically used in wartime when normal lower rate stamps may not be available.
- Spiteful or malevolent; catty; malicious; unpleasant.
- An instance of something being bitten.
- Causing a stinging sensation.
- Cutting or incisive.
- Tending to bite.
- An early North American academic computer network, supporting e-mail and listservs but pre-dating the World Wide Web.
- A mongrel dog.
- A bike assembled from bits and pieces.
- Having an acrid taste (usually from a basic substance).
- Harsh, piercing or stinging.
- Hateful or hostile.
- Cynical and resentful.
- A liquid or powder, made from bitter herbs, used in mixed drinks or as a tonic.
- A type of beer heavily flavored with hops.
- A turn of a cable about the bitts.
- To make bitter.
- A hardware system whose architecture is based around units of the specified number of bits (binary digits).
- bitch, girl, woman, especially one that is promiscuous
- The compound formed by condensation of two molecules of urea with the loss of a molecule of ammonia, (NH2-CO)2NH, or any of its derivatives
- A women's overgarment worn in 12th-century Western Europe, featuring voluminous skirts and horizontal puckering or pleating across a snugly fitted underbust abdomen.
- any of many plant diseases causing damage to, or the death of, leaves, fruit or other parts
- the bacterium, virus or fungus that causes such a condition
- anything that impedes growth or development or spoils any other aspect of life
- To affect with blight; to blast; to prevent the growth and fertility of.
- To suffer blight.
- to spoil or ruin (something)
- A thin blini filled (often with sweet cheese) and folded, then sautéed or baked and often served with sour cream or a sweet sauce.
- A type of hornblendic gabbro.
- From, of, or pertaining to, Buryatia
- Someone from Buryatia.
- A Mongolic language spoken around Buryatia
- A North-American tree,
- A member of an Indian people from central Mexico.
- The language of these people.
- Any of various snakes of the species
- A spelling variant of Cathy, diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- A type of inflorescence, consisting of a slender axis with many unisexual apetalous flowers along its sides, as in the willow and poplar.
- A hole or hollow depression.
- A hollow area within the body (such as the sinuses).
- A soft area in a decayed tooth.
- A branch of the Indo-European languages that was spread widely over western and central Europe in the pre-Christian era.
- Any of several sports teams. See Wikipedia for a list.
- Of the Celts; Of the style of the Celts
- A hydrous silicate of cerium (and other metals).
- A horn-shaped cerithiid shell.
- A painted or stained calico fabric, originally produced in India, and known for its brightly colored designs.
- a large spotted deer, of genus Axis, native to India and Sri Lanka
- Containing, or covered with, cities.
- To become more like or more in the character of a city.
- To make more like or more in the character of a city.
- To make more like a city person.
- An archaic musical instrument whose exact form is uncertain, generally shown with four strings.
- Either of a pair of terpenoids, geranial and neral, that have the molecular formula C10H16O and are used in perfumery and flavourings.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from, the citron or lemon.
- Characterised by cliffs; cliffy, craggy.
- A morpheme that functions like a word, but never appears as an independent word, instead being always attached to a following or preceding word (or, in some cases, within a surrounding word).
- Any of certain South American monkeys of the genus Ateles, especially
- An expert in the codes of civil law.
- A person who codifies; a codifier.
- of or relating to the sex act or coitus
- Sexual intercourse, especially involving penile-vaginal penetration.
- A confection consisting of a nut, seed or fruit coated with sugar.
- To preserve dry with sugar.
- A computerised image of a suspect produced for the police force.
- Courtesy and considerate behaviour towards others; social harmony.
- Friendly understanding and mutual recognition between two entities, especially nations.
- Any of various kinds of food that have been immersed in a substance for both flavor and preservation.
- To prepare (food) in this manner.
- A magnesian variety of dolomite.
- A louse.
- A louse.
- Any germ or contaminant, real or imagined, especially from the opposite gender (for pre-pubescent children).
- A nest-building female American Coot (counterpart to cooter).
- A slang term for a sideswiper, a type of telegraph key.
- A copier; one who copies.
- Of or pertaining to the Copts, the or to the Coptic language.
- The Coptic language of Egypt.
- Any member of the Cottidae.
- A woven cloth created specifically for making corsets.
- Either of a pair of lamellate structures on the underside of each abdominal segment in silverfish
- Using or relating to a metrical pattern of poetry where each foot is composed of three syllables, the first and third of which are stressed and the second is unstressed. This pattern is very rare in English poetry.
- A verse of this kind.
- Each of the small hairs growing around a hawk's cere.
- A set of metal armour plating worn around a horse's neck.
- A person skilled in using a cue.
- Of or relating to a cult or the methods of cults.
- An orthorhombic-dipyramidal mineral containing hydrogen, lead, oxygen, and uranium.
- To form skin.
- To make cute.
- A cutback.
- A T-shirt that has had the sleeves removed.
- spelling of Someone or something common and short or small.
- A hare.
- The Black Guillemot.
- Short, shortened or small. spelling of
- Of or pertaining to a cyst.
- Of or pertaining to the gall bladder or the urinary bladder.
- cell-like; applied to the corpuscles of lymph, blood, chyle, etc.
- An igneous, volcanic rock with a high iron content.
- A bandit or armed robber, especially in India, Pakistan, and the surrounding region.
- To commit armed robbery.
- Esteem, honour.
- A delicacy.
- A fancy cookie, pastry, or square served at a social event (usually plural).
- Excellent; valuable, fine.
- Elegant; delicately small and pretty.
- Fastidious and fussy, especially when eating.
- The saying of the interjection, used as a general measure of anything.
- A member of the Biblical tribe of Dan.
- A member of a fraternal vigilante group founded by members of the Latter Day Saints in the
- The act of giving, granting or conferring (e.g. an office) but not liberal as a donation or gift
- A dose
- An act or practice intended to deceive; a trick
- An act of deceiving someone
- The state of being deceitful or deceptive
- The tort or fraudulent representation of a material fact made with knowledge of its falsity, or recklessly, or without reasonable grounds for believing its truth and with intent to induce reliance on it; the plaintiff justifiably relies on the deception, to his injury.
- A wrongful act, analogous to a tort in common law.
- The branch of law dealing in delicts.
- To remove from an official register or list.
- To remove the layer of fine liquid particles from the surface of (a window or mirror).
- One of a series of small rectangular blocks projecting like teeth from a molding or beneath a cornice.
- The hard, dense calcareous material that makes up the bulk of a tooth
- To render a representation of something, using words, sounds, images, or other means.
- to remove suspended silt from the water.
- To cease to proceed or act; to stop; to forbear; -- often with from.
- To keep someone from proceeding by holding them back or making claims on their attention.
- To put under custody.
- To keep back or from; to withhold.
- To seize goods for official purposes.
- dialectical materialism
- Any of a group of minute unicellular algae having a siliceous covering of great delicacy, now categorized as class or division Bacillariophyta, formerly all included in the order , now obsolete.
- A juror in ancient Athens.
- An upper-class black.
- An authoritative statement; a dogmatic saying; a maxim, an apothegm.
- A judicial opinion expressed by judges on points that do not necessarily arise in the case, and are not involved in it.
- The report of a judgment made by one of the judges who has given it.
- An arbitrament or award.
- a didactic person
- a person gifted, trained, or intending to instruct
- Relating to diet; dietetic.
- To distribute or arrange methodically; to work over and classify; to reduce to portions for ready use or application.
- To separate (the food) in its passage through the alimentary canal into the nutritive and nonnutritive elements; to prepare, by the action of the digestive juices, for conversion into blood; to convert into chyme.
- To think over and arrange methodically in the mind; to reduce to a plan or method; to receive in the mind and consider carefully; to get an understanding of; to comprehend.
- To bear comfortably or patiently; to be reconciled to; to brook.
- To expose to a gentle heat in a boiler or matrass, as a preparation for chemical operations.
- To undergo digestion.
- To suppurate; to generate pus, as an ulcer.
- To cause to suppurate, or generate pus, as an ulcer or wound.
- To ripen; to mature.
- To quieten or reduce (a negative feeling, such as anger or grief)
- That which is digested; especially, that which is worked over, classified, and arranged under proper heads or titles
- A compilation of statutes or decisions analytically arranged; a summary of laws.
- Any collection of articles, as an Internet mailing list "digest" including a week's postings, or a magazine arranging a collection of writings.
- The result of applying a hash function to a message.
- A bilingual inscription, book, or person.
- To make thinner by adding solvent to a solution; especially by adding water.
- To weaken, especially by adding a foreign substance.
- To cause the value of individual shares to decrease by increasing the total number of shares.
- To become attenuated, thin, or weak.
- Having a low concentration.
- Weak; reduced in strength due to dilution, diluted.
- A person who is deficient in intelligence.
- Of or relating to both ears.
- A contact herbicide that produces desiccation and defoliation.
- Proceeding without deviation or interruption.
- Straight; not crooked, oblique, or circuitous; leading by the short or shortest way to a point or end.
- Straightforward; sincere.
- Immediate; express; plain; unambiguous.
- In the line of descent; not collateral.
- In the direction of the general planetary motion, or from west to east; in the order of the signs; not retrograde; said of the motion of a celestial body.
- Pertaining to, or effected immediately by, action of the people through their votes instead of through one or more representatives or delegates.
- having a single flight number.
- To manage, control, steer.
- To aim (something) at (something else).
- To point out or show to (somebody) the right course or way; to guide, as by pointing out the way.
- To point out to with authority; to instruct as a superior; to order.
- To put a direction or address upon; to mark with the name and residence of the person to whom anything is sent.
- Toward a distal part; on the distal side of; distally.
- Remote from the point of attachment or origin
- Facing the wisdom tooth or temporomandibular joint on the same side of the jaw.
- Far from the speaker.
- To banish or drive from a country.
- To subject a substance to distillation.
- To undergo or be produced by distillation.
- To make by means of distillation, especially whisky.
- To exude in small drops.
- To impart in small quantities.
- To extract the essence of; concentrate; purify.
- To trickle down or fall in small drops; ooze out.
- To be manifested gently or gradually.
- To drip or be wet with.
- The state of being undecided.
- A form of noise which is intentionally applied to randomize errors which occur in the processing of both digital audio and digital video data.
- The use of dot patterns to approximate colors not available in the palette.
- To tremble, shake, or shiver with cold.
- To be uncertain or unable to make a decision about doing something.
- To do something nervously.
- To render an approximation of (an image, etc.) by using dot patterns to approximate (the features of) colors not in the system palette.
- An interval of two tones
- devastated; laid waste
- To turn aside from a course.
- To distract.
- To entertain or amuse (by diverting the attention)
- To turn aside; to digress.
- To undress, disrobe.
- To strip, deprive, or dispossess (someone) of something (such as a right, passion, privilege, or prejudice).
- To sell off or be rid of through sale, especially of a subsidiary
- The quality of being teachable.
- Afflicted with weak-mindedness, usually caused by senility
- A greyish variety of trachyte.
- Characterized by giving love and affection.
- Excessive fondness; reverence.
- foolish; weak; imbecile
- name, sometimes also used as a formal given name.
- Tending or seeming to drift
- Abounding with driving snow or drift.
- A type of igneous rock with a coarse-grained or phaneritic texture.
- hardness; firmness
- harshness; cruelty
- name (very rarely also given to women).
- On which duty must be paid; taxable on import or export.
- name derived from the surname.
- A village/town in Illinois.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A city/village in North Dakota.
- Suitable to be eaten without being cooked.
- The act of ingesting food.
- Food; cooking, cuisine.
- The act of corroding or consuming some substance.
- Having been altered from the original version.
- existence as an individual; selfness
- A kind of sour cherry.
- A variety of pseudomalachite; a green pearly mineral, hydrous phosphate of copper.
- Busy, industrious, diligent.
- The ordinal form of the number eight.
- The person or thing in the eighth position.
- One of eight equal parts of a whole.
- An eighth of an ounce, or approximately 3.5 grams, of marijuana or other drugs.
- A judicial writ ordering seizure of a debtor's property.
- To evoke, educe (emotions, feelings, responses, etc.); to generate, obtain, or provoke as a response or answer.
- To draw out, bring out, bring forth (something latent); to obtain information from someone or something.
- To use logic to arrive at truth; to derive by reason; deduce; construe.
- Elicited; drawn out; made real; open; evident.
- variant of Elliott.
- name, variant of Elliott.
- causing nausea and vomiting
- an agent that induces vomiting
- enate (related through female line).
- One of the mouthparts of a spider or other arachnids, specifically the lobe of the palpal coxa lateral to the labium.
- To girt; to surround or encircle.
- Encircled, surrounded.
- To enter on a list; to enroll; to register.
- To join a cause or organization, especially military service.
- To recruit the aid or membership of others.
- To secure, to obtain.
- To enfold, as if in mist.
- The quality of being an enemy; hostile or unfriendly disposition.
- A state or feeling of opposition, hostility, hatred or animosity.
- To imply or require.
- To settle or fix inalienably on a person or thing, or on a person and his descendants or a certain line of descendants; -- said especially of an estate; to bestow as a heritage.
- To appoint hereditary possessor.
- To cut or carve in an ornamental way.
- That which is entailed. Hence:
- An estate in fee entailed, or limited in descent to a particular class of issue.
- The rule by which the descent is fixed.
- Delicately carved ornamental work; intaglio.
- To lure; to attract by arousing desire or hope.
- The greatest integer not exceeding the specified number.
- Whole; complete.
- Having a smooth margin without any indentation.
- Consisting of a single piece, as a corolla.
- Complex-differentiable on all of ℂ.
- Not gelded.
- Without mixture or alloy of anything; unqualified; morally whole; pure; faithful.
- Internal; interior.
- The whole of something; the entirety.
- An uncastrated horse; a stallion.
- A complete envelope with stamps and all official markings: (prior to the use of envelopes) a page folded and posted.
- That which has a distinct existence as an individual unit. Often used for organisations which have no physical form.
- The existence of something considered apart from its properties.
- Anything about which information or data can be stored in a database; in particular, an organised array or set of individual elements or parts.
- The state or quality of being or existence.
- To capture with toils or nets; to ensnare.
- Crudely chopped flints, believed to be naturally produced by geological processes such as glaciation.
- An inhabitant or a resident of ancient or modern Epirus, in northwest Greece and southern Albania.
- Ownership, especially in terms of net monetary value of some business.
- A legal tradition that deals with remedies other than relief, such as injunctions, divorces and similar actions.
- Value of property minus liens or other
- An equitable claim; an equity of redemption.
- Ownership interest in a company as determined by subtracting liabilities from
- Justice, impartiality or fairness.
- The study of principles relating to right and wrong conduct.
- The standards that govern the conduct of a person, especially a member of a profession.
- Any compound of ethyl of a binary type.
- An organophosphate insecticide, [dethoxyphosphinothioylthio)methylthio]-diethoxy-thioxophosphorane, that is known to neutralise the neural enzyme acetylcholinesterase.
- A native or inhabitant of Ethiopia.
- Any black-skinned person.
- Of or relating to a group of people having common racial, national, religious or cultural origins.
- Belonging to a foreign culture.
- Representative of a folk or traditional mode of expression.
- Heathen, not Judeo-Christian-Muslim.
- An ethnic person, especially a foreigner or member of an immigrant community.
- An ethnic minority.
- A heathen, a pagan.
- (in classical scholarship) the demonym of an Ancient Greek city
- Relating to the etymon.
- A compact feldspathic rock; felsite.
- A city in Florida
- A town in Maine
- A village in Nebraska
- The outer membrane of the grains of pollen of flowering plants.
- The impure spirit that comes over first (the strong faints) and last (the weak faints) in the distillation of whisky, much impregnated with fusel oil.
- feeble; languid; inclined to faint
- A Tex-Mex dish of strips of spicy marinated meat and/or vegetables in a soft flour tortilla, often served with salad or a savoury filling.
- The first sura of the Quran
- Turpitude or vileness.
- Weak spirit produced at the end of pot distillation
- Tenacious, energetic, spunky.
- Belligerent; prepared to stand and fight, especially in spite of relatively small stature or some other disadvantage.
- Easily offended and ready to bicker.
- The quality or fact of being wild or in a wild state; wildness, brutishness.
- Concerned with declarations of war and treaties of peace.
- Something which is believed to possess, contain, or cause spiritual or magical powers; an amulet or a talisman.
- Sexual attraction to or arousal at something sexual or nonsexual, such as an object or a part of the body.
- An irrational, or abnormal fixation or preoccupation; an obsession.
- The dung of the fox, wolf, boar, or badger.
- commission; fiat; order; decree
- An artist who models or forms statues and reliefs in any malleable material.
- To wiggle or twitch; to move around nervously or idly.
- To cause to fidget; to make uneasy.
- A person who fidgets, especially habitually.
- A religious festival.
- A festive occasion.
- fidgety; restless.
- A headband; a ribbon or other band used to tie the hair up, or keep a headdress in place, or for decoration.
- A thin strip of any material, in various technical uses.
- A heavy bead of waterproofing compound or sealant material generally installed at the point where vertical and horizontal surfaces meet.
- A rounded relief or cut at an edge, especially an inside edge, added for a finished appearance and to break sharp edges.
- A strip or compact piece of meat or fish from which any bones and skin and feathers have been removed.
- A thin flat moulding/molding used as separation between larger mouldings.
- The space between two flutings in a shaft.
- An ordinary equal in breadth to one quarter of the chief, to the lowest portion of which it corresponds in position.
- The thread of a screw.
- A border of broad or narrow lines of colour or gilt.
- The raised moulding around the muzzle of a gun.
- Any scantling smaller than a batten.
- A fascia; a band of fibres; applied especially to certain bands of white matter in the brain.
- The loins of a horse, beginning at the place where the hinder part of the saddle rests.
- To slice, bone or make into fillets.
- To apply, create, or specify a rounded or filled corner to.
- Covered with filth; very dirty.
- Obscene or offensive.
- Very unpleasant or disagreeable.
- To make very dirty; to cover in filth.
- Having an end or limit; constrained by bounds.
- limited by person or number.
- The state or characteristic of being limited in number or scope.
- Something which is limited in number or scope.
- Small rayless non-retractable fins between the last dorsal or anal fin and the caudal fin of some fishes.
- A measure of capacity, once used for corn etc, equal to four pecks
- Having some specific type of fist.
- Of or pertaining to boxing or fighting with fists.
- Irregular; unsteady; characterized by fits.
- past of (to tailor, change size)
- Incorporating all of the fittings into connected units.
- a person who fits or assembles something
- an epileptic
- A coal broker who conducts the sales between the owner of a coal pit and the shipper.
- To make something fixed and stable; to fix.
- To stare fixedly at something.
- To attend to something to the exclusion of all others.
- To attach oneself to a person or thing in a pathological or neurotic manner.
- The state or condition of being fixed.
- Something fixed.
- The position of an operator relative to its operand (prefix, postfix) or operands (infix).
- The act of flying.
- An instance of flying.
- A collective term for doves or swallows.
- A trip made by an aircraft, particularly one between two cities or countries, which is often planned or reserved in advance.
- A set of stairs or an escalator. A series of stairs between landings.
- A floor which is reached by stairs or escalators.
- A feather on an arrow or dart used to help it follow an even path.
- A paper plane.
- The movement of a spinning ball through the air - concerns its speed, trajectory and drift.
- The ballistic trajectory of an arrow or other projectile.
- An aerodynamic surface designed to guide such a projectile's trajectory.
- An air force unit.
- Several sample glasses of a specific wine varietal or other beverage. The pours are smaller than a full glass and the flight will generally include three to five different samples.
- The shaped material forming the thread of a screw.
- Fast, swift.
- To throw the ball in such a way that it has more airtime and more spin than usual.
- To throw or kick something so as to send it flying with more loft or airtime than usual.
- The act of fleeing.
- Resembling or containing flint.
- Silieceous (including basanite).
- Showing a lack of emotion.
- Having a taste characteristic of certain white wines, especially Chablis, supposed to evoke the sensation of flint striking steel.
- Flirting, or seeming to flirt.
- The flank or side of an animal, now only a pig when cured and salted; a side of bacon.
- To cut into, or off in, flitches or strips.
- unstable, fluttering
- Ostentatiously effeminate
- mouldy, musty, fusty
- Part of the verge escapement in early clocks.
- A creature from Italian folklore.
- The basic unit of currency of Hungary; formerly subdivided into 100 fillér.
- A Whig following the political philosophy of
- To try; test; prove; put to the proof; make trial (of).
- To learn by trial; experience.
- To seek to learn; ask; inquire.
- To seek; be eager for; desire.
- To go forth on an expedition; sally forth.
- A state of terror excited by the sudden appearance of danger; sudden and violent fear, usually of short duration; a sudden alarm.
- Anything strange, ugly or shocking, producing a feeling of alarm or aversion.
- To frighten.
- frightened; afraid; affright
- woody; relating to brushwood, undergrowth, or a partial clearing in a forest
- containing fruit or fruit flavoring
- similar to fruit or tasting of fruit
- mad, crazy
- effeminate or otherwise flamboyant or homosexual
- sexually suggestive.
- A tropical American tree, whose wood produces a yellow dye.
- A European tree, whose wood produces an orange dye.
- The wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from the wood of these trees.
- A yellow dye obtained from fustic, Rhus cotinus, or Venetian sumach.
- Incapable of producing results; useless; not successful; not worth attempting.
- The state of being happy or merry.
- Merrymaking or festivity.
- Illuminated by burning gas.
- of or resembling a time, especially the 1890s, when gaslight was widely used
- Of or pertaining to the Gathas.
- An arrangement of gates.
- Italian style a serving of gelato, often in a
- Belonging to earth; terrestrial.
- Pertaining to deeds or feats of arms; legendary.
- Relating to bodily motion; consisting of gestures.
- An upright post with a crosspiece used for execution and subsequent public display; a gallows.
- The projecting arm of a crane, from which the load is suspended; the jib.
- Human form structure made of iron bands designed to publicly display the corpse of an executed criminal.
- To execute (someone), or display (a body), on a gibbet.
- To expose (someone) to ridicule or scorn.
- the edible viscera of a bird
- Endowed with special, in particular intellectual, abilities.
- A strumpet; a wanton girl.
- giddy; inconstant; wanton
- A small screw-tipped tool for boring holes.
- A cocktail, usually made with gin and lime juice.
- To pierce or bore holes (as if using a gimlet).