Page 1 from 5
Total results: 4913
- Behind; toward the stern relative to some other object or position; aft of.
- On the aft side; in the stern.
- A small fresh-water fish (Alburnus alburnus); the bleak.
- A person who performs in a theatrical play or film.
- One who acts; a doer.
- One who takes part in a situation.
- An advocate or proctor in civil courts or causes.
- One who institutes a suit; plaintiff or complainant.
- One who enacts a certain policy action.
- The entity that performs a role (in use case analysis).
- A former Roman unit of length, equal to 120 Roman feet (about 35½
- A former Roman unit of area, equivalent to a square with sides of 1 actus (about ⅛ ha)
- To make suitable; to make to correspond; to fit or suit; to proportion.
- To fit by alteration; to modify or remodel for a different purpose; to adjust
- To make by altering or fitting something else; to produce by change of form or character
- To change oneself so as to be adapted.
- Adapted; fit; suited; suitable.
- Well skilled; completely versed; thoroughly proficient
- One fully skilled or well versed in anything; a proficient
- To take by choice into relationship, definition child, heir, friend, citizen, etc.
- To take voluntarily (a child of other parents) to be in the place of, or as, one's own child.
- To obtain (a pet) from a shelter or the wild.
- To take by choice into the scope of one's responsibility.
- To take or receive as one's own what is not so naturally.
- To select and take or approve.
- sun-facing side of a mountain
- A fully grown human or animal.
- A person who has reached the legal age of majority, generally 18 years of age.
- Fully grown.
- Intended for or restricted to adults rather than children.
- Containing material of an explicit sexual nature; of, or pertaining to, pornography.
- Vulgar or profane.
- To (cause to) be or become an adult.
- Abnormally dark or over-concentrated; associated with various states of discomfort or illness (specifically being too hot or dry).
- Burnt or having a scorched color.
- Aged; at the age of.
- On foot.
- On foot.
- In motion; in action; astir; stirring; in progress.
- That is on foot, in motion, in action, in progress.
- Of the nature of agate, or containing agate.
- To take to graze or pasture, at a certain sum; used originally of the feeding of cattle in the king's forests, and collecting the money for the same.
- The cover at the tip of a shoelace, to prevent it from fraying.
- A catkin.
- A semi-servile class among the Cymry.
- Having winglike extensions or parts; winged.
- A winged, reproductive form of several social insects.
- recently; lately; of late.
- Of the Aleutian Islands, their inhabitants or their language.
- A member of the indigenous people of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska in the United States and of Kamchatka Krai in the Russia.
- A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands.
- The language of the Aleutian Islands, related to Eskimo (Inupiaq and Yupik).
- A cauldron of boiling water into which an accused person plunged his forearm as a test of innocence or guilt.
- At, to, or in the air or sky.
- Above, overhead, in a high place; up
- in the top, at the masthead, or on the higher yards or rigging.
- The mountain range in central Asia, where Russia, China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan come together.
- Altay, Xinjiang, China.
- Altay Prefecture.
- Friendship. The cooperative and supportive relationship between people, or animals. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, affection, and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis.
- Mutual understanding and a peaceful relationship, especially between nations; peace; accord.
- As if dead; lifeless; spiritless; dejected; depressed.
- Concerning, with regard to, about, in respect to, as to, insofar as, inasmuch as
- In the opinion or judgment of
- Against, in front of, fronting; before; opposite; over against, on the other side
- In a line with; side by side with; on a level with.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- restless, apprehensive and fidgety
- on the left side of the boat
- In an apt or suitable manner; fitly; properly; pertinently; appropriately; readily.
- one who has attained enlightenment; a Buddhist saint
- one of the stages of the ascetic's spiritual evolution, when all passions (anger, ego, deception, greed, attachment, hatred and ignorance) are destroyed; arhanta
- Filled with or involving rioting or riotous behaviour.
- Filled in an unrestrained manner.
- A type of mediaeval full-face helmet
- A Russian or Soviet craftsmen's collective.
- Inclined towards the arts; arty.
- A large, shallow, oval dish used for serving food.
- dazed; foolish; infatuated
- To besot; to befool; to infatuate.
- An arch or ceiling of boards placed above the workers' heads in a mine.
- In motion; characterized by motion.
- of, a trade union.
- disorder; irregularity
- Noble; illustrious
- A chief or lord.
- A prince or noble.
- A kind of tamarisk native to northern Africa and the Middle East, planted widely elsewhere as a shade tree and a windbreak due to its tolerance of heat and of alkaline soils, but tending to become invasive outside of its native range.
- one of the Gigantes
- A peninsula in Greece containing Mount Athos
- public disgrace or stigma; infamy; loss of civil rights
- A thick drink or thin gruel made from cornmeal
- A floating mote or speck of dust.
- a skeleton
- Lack of muscle tone; flaccidity or atonia
- A hereditary disorder marked by the tendency to develop localized immediate hypersensitivity reactions to allergens such as pollen, food etc and is manifested by hay fever, asthma, or similar allergic conditions; generally considered to be caused by the interaction of environmental and genetic factors.
- A person suffering from atopic syndrome; a case of atopy.
- To run away; escape.
- To outrun.
- Just clear of the ground.
- Sheeted home, hoisted taut up and ready for trimming.
- Hoisted up and ready to be swayed across.
- Any member of the Attidae.
- An audience; a hearing.
- An examination in general.
- A judicial examination.
- An independent review and examination of records and activities to assess the adequacy of system controls, to ensure compliance with established policies and operational procedures, and to recommend necessary changes in controls, policies, or procedures
- The result of such an examination, or an account as adjusted by auditors; final account.
- Spiritual counseling, which forms the core of Dianetics.
- A general receptacle or receiver.
- To examine and adjust (e.g. an account).
- To conduct an independent review and examination of system records and activities in order to test the adequacy and effectiveness of data security and data integrity procedures, to ensure compliance with established policy and operational procedures, and to recommend any necessary changes
- To counsel spiritually.
- To attend an academic class on a not-for-academic-credit basis.
- A priming tube connecting the charge chamber with the gallery, or place where the slow match is applied.
- anything whatever, any part.
- whit, the smallest part, iota.
- The digit zero as the decade in years. For example, aught-nine for 1909 or 2009.
- At all, in any degree, in any respect.
- Of importance or consequence (in the phrase "of aught").
- Esteem, respect.
- Property; possession
- Duty; place; office
- to own, possess
- to owe, be obliged or obligated to
- possessed of
- A church.
- To turn aside or away.
- To ward off, or prevent, the occurrence or effects of.
- To turn away.
- To turn away.
- To wait for.
- To expect.
- To be in store for; to be ready or in waiting for.
- To serve or attend; to wait on, wait upon.
- To watch, observe.
- To wait; to stay in waiting.
- A waiting for; ambush.
- Watching, watchfulness, suspicious observation.
- A type of smokeless gunpowder
- Terminal branch of an axon
- name transferred from the surname.
- A black bird with red feet and beak.
- The first principle of metals, that is, mercury, which was formerly supposed to exist in all metals, and to be extractable from them.
- The universal remedy of Paracelsus.
- A Mexica.
- A Nahua.
- The Nahuatl language.
- A city in New Mexico, USA
- Of or pertaining to the Mexica people.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuas.
- Of or pertaining to the Nahuatl language.
- A portable coffer or chest with a rounded lid covered in leather, garnished with nails, once used for the transport of clothes or other personal luggage. It was the original portmanteau.
- A dwarf-wall of plain masonry, carrying the roof of a cathedral or church and masked or hidden behind the balustrade.
- Asian street food consisting of a developing duck embryo boiled alive and eaten in the shell
- bantam (small, but aggressive)
- A place of shelter for cattle.
- A bank; a sandbank.
- A field or patch of ground lying near a stream; the dale in which a stream flows.
- The process of baking.
- The quantity of bread or other baked goods baked at one time.
- A quantity of anything produced at one operation.
- A group or collection of things of the same kind, such as a batch of letters or the next batch of business.
- A set of data to be processed with one execution of a program.
- A bread roll.
- A graduating class.
- To aggregate things together into a batch.
- To handle a set of input data or requests as a batch process.
- Of a process, operating for a defined set of conditions, and then halting.
- To live as a bachelor temporarily, of a married man or someone virtually married.
- Reduced; lowered; restrained
- An enclosed public swimming pool; originally a place having individual cubicles where people without bathrooms could have a bath.
- An exchange rate.
- The discount on uncurrent coins.
- Extra pay; especially an extra allowance to an English officer serving in India.
- Performed with a striking together of the legs.
- To bathe (with warm liquid); foment.
- To dry or heat (unseasoned) wood for the purpose of straightening it.
- Something or someone that is physically attractive.
- Something that is a remarkable example of its type.
- To cut about; cut around; cut up; cut off; sever.
- An element of a lineage, especially of a lineage given in the Bible
- To cause; to produce.
- To father; to sire; to produce (a child).
- To happen to; befall.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- To beat upon (as on a drum); patter upon.
- A fixed bunk for sleeping in (caravans, trains, etc).
- Room for maneuvering or safety. (Often used in the phrase a wide berth.)
- A space for a ship to moor or a vehicle to park.
- A room in which a number of the officers or ship's company mess and reside.
- A job or position, especially on a ship.
- Position or seed in a tournament bracket.
- position on the field of play
- to bring (a ship or vehicle) into its berth
- to assign a berth (bunk or position) to
- To surround or hem in.
- To attack, especially from all sides.
- To decorate something with jewels etc.
- Of a ship, to get trapped by ice.
- To sit around; sit about; besiege.
- To sit upon.
- To sit properly upon, as clothes; to suit; become.
- To muddle, stupefy, or act foolishly; as with alcoholic liquor or infatuation.
- To furnish with a tag; deck with tags.
- A diminutive form of the female given name Elizabeth.
- To wet or moisten profusely.
- To bequeath.
- To endue or impart wit (to); instruct.
- A double slip of leather by which bells are fastened to a hawk's legs.
- that is common in many ethnicities in India.
- Traditionally among Brahmins, a Brahmin who has learned all the four Vedas.
- A corner, bend, or angle; a hollow
- An area of sea lying between two promontories, larger than a bay, wider than a gulf
- A bend or curve in a coastline, river, or other geographical feature.
- A curve in a rope
- One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.
- One who is strongly partial to his or her own group (e.g. religion, race, ethnicity, gender, political party, etc.) and is intolerant of those who differ.
- A bit, or binary digit.
- The living organisms of a region.
- The process of childbearing; the beginning of life.
- An instance of childbirth.
- A beginning or start; a point of origin.
- The circumstances of one's background, ancestry, or upbringing.
- That which is born.
- A familial relationship established by childbirth.
- To bear or give birth to (a child).
- To produce, give rise to.
- A female dog or other canine, particularly a recent mother.
- A despicable or disagreeable, aggressive person, typically a woman or man considered effeminate in some way.
- A submissive person, often female, who does what others want; a slave.
- A complaint, especially when the complaint is unjustified.
- A difficult or confounding problem.
- A queen (playing card), particularly the queen of spades in the card game of hearts.
- Something unforgiving and unpleasant.
- Place; situation
- To behave or act as a bitch.
- To criticize spitefully, often for the sake of complaining rather than in order to have the problem corrected.
- To spoil, to ruin.
- Agent noun of bite; someone or something who bites.
- A stone that barely touches the outside of the house.
- One who copies someone else's work, style or techniques, especially in hip-hop.
- A frame composed of two strong oak timbers (bitt-heads) fixed vertically in the fore part of a ship, bolted to the deck beams to which are secured the cables when the ship rides to anchor
- Containing bits; fragmented.
- Very small.
- Bashful, sheepish.
- Dull, stupid.
- The characteristic cry of a sheep or a goat.
- Of a sheep or goat, to make its characteristic cry.
- Of a person, to complain.
- A gust of wind and rain.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- to cause to become distended.
- (veterinary medicine) to get an overdistended rumen, talking of a ruminant.
- to fill soft substance with gas, water, etc.; to cause to swell
- to become distended; to swell up
- to fill with vanity or conceit
- to preserve by slightly salting and lightly smoking
- distention of the abdomen from death
- (veterinary medicine) pathological overdistention of rumen with gas in a ruminant
- wasteful use of space
- A worthless, dissipated fellow.
- Any of several different species of plants having blue flowers.
- To utter suddenly and unadvisedly; to speak quickly or without thought; to divulge inconsiderately — commonly with out.
- a town and river in Northumberland, England,
- a village in Nottinghamshire, England.
- a river in Suffolk, England.
- A brag, a loud positive appraisal of oneself.
- A shot where the ball is driven off a side wall and then strikes the front wall.
- To brag; to talk loudly in praise of oneself.
- To speak of with pride, vanity, or exultation, with a view to self-commendation; to extol.
- To speak in exulting language of another; to glory; to exult.
- To play a boast shot.
- To possess something special.
- To dress, as a stone, with a broad chisel.
- To shape roughly as a preparation for the finer work to follow; to cut to the general form required.
- A flag which monitors which way the wind is blowing
- An edible fish of the Nile, the ( formerly
- A push from behind, as to one who is endeavoring to climb; help.
- A positive intake manifold pressure in cars with turbochargers or superchargers.
- To lift or push from behind (one who is endeavoring to climb); to push up.
- To help or encourage (something) to increase or improve; to assist in overcoming obstacles.
- To steal.
- To jump-start a vehicle by using cables to connect the battery in a running vehicle to the battery in a vehicle that won't start.
- To give a booster shot to.
- A form of prize which, when a ship was captured at sea, could be distributed at once.
- Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war, or seized by piracy.
- Something that has been stolen or illegally obtained from elsewhere.
- The buttocks.
- A person considered as sexual partner or sex object.
- To perform (a task) in an unacceptable or incompetent manner; to make a mess of something; to ruin; to bungle; to spoil; to destroy.
- To do something without skill, without care, or clumsily.
- To repair or mend clumsily.
- An action, job, or task that has been performed very badly.
- A patch put on, or a part of a garment patched or mended in a clumsy manner.
- A ruined, defective, or clumsy piece of work; mess; bungle.
- A mistake that is very stupid or embarrassing.
- A messy, disorderly or confusing combination; conglomeration; hodgepodge.
- A tumour or other malignant swelling.
- A case or outbreak of boils or sores.
- a floating hotel; a boat that acts as a hotel
- A small cottage, especially one for communal use in remote areas by labourers or farmhands.
- The disease caused by the maggots of the horse bot fly when they infect the stomach of a horse.
- Infection by gadfly maggots under the skin of cows, or by sheep maggots in the frontal sinus of sheep.
- A traditional Irish potato pancake.
- A leaf or leaf-like structure from the axil out of which a stalk of a flower or an inflorescence arises.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- A baking pan with a hollow, circular, raised area in the middle.
- a female pet name
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- An of, or the act of .
- A often or
- A series of fired from an
- To break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break from internal pressure.
- To cause to break by any means.
- To separate formfeed at perforation lines.
- To enter or exit hurriedly and unexpectedly.
- To produce as an effect of bursting.
- Having large breasts.
- A sandwich, usually with a hot savoury filling in a breadcake. The most common are chips, bacon, sausage and egg.
- A miner who works under contract, receiving a fixed amount per ton of coal or ore.
- A workmate.
- A drudge; a cat's paw; someone who does the hard work; someone who is being taken advantage of by someone else.
- One of a pair of shoes or gloves.
- To work together; to keep company with.
- To cohabit; to reside with another as a couple.
- To act in concert with intent to defraud; to play unfairly.
- Resembling a heavy cart.
- A unit of currency, worth one hundredth of a Gambian dalasi
- Any of four isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C4H9, formally derived from butane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.
- A synthetic rubber made by the polymerization of isobutylene.
- A member of a persecuted minority in south-western France.
- lively; cheerful; merry; brisk
- The head.
- A knob-like protuberance or capitulum.
- The top or superior part of a thing.
- The council or ruling body of the University of Cambridge prior to the constitution of 1856.
- A mark: ⟨ ⟩ used by writers and proof readers to indicate that something is to be inserted in the place marked by the caret.
- An indicator, often a blinking line or bar, indicating where the next insertion or other edit will take place. Also called a cursor.
- A ⟨
- A ⟨ ⟩.
- A kind of turtle, the hawksbill.
- Any of the hereditary social classes and subclasses of South Asian societies.
- A separate and fixed order or class of persons in society who chiefly associate with each other.
- A class of ants of a particular size and function within a colony.
- The act of seizing or capturing.
- The act of catching an object in motion, especially a ball.
- The act of noticing, understanding or hearing.
- The game of catching a ball.
- A find, in particular a boyfriend or girlfriend or prospective spouse.
- Something which is captured or caught.
- A stopping mechanism, especially a clasp which stops something from opening.
- A hesitation in voice, caused by strong emotion.
- A concealed difficulty, especially in a deal or negotiation.
- A crick; a sudden muscle pain during unaccustomed positioning when the muscle is in use.
- A fragment of music or poetry.
- A state of readiness to capture or seize; an ambush.
- A crop which has germinated and begun to grow.
- A type of strong boat, usually having two masts; a ketch.
- A type of humorous round in which the voices gradually catch up with one another; usually sung by men and often having bawdy lyrics.
- The refrain; a line or lines of a song which are repeated from verse to verse.
- The act of catching a hit ball before it reaches the ground, resulting in an out.
- A player in respect of his catching ability; particularly one who catches well.
- The first contact of an oar with the water.
- A stoppage of breath, resembling a slight cough.
- Passing opportunities seized; snatches.
- A slight remembrance; a trace.
- To capture, overtake.
- To capture or snare (someone or something which would rather escape).
- To entrap or trip up a person; to deceive.
- To marry or enter into a similar relationship with.
- To reach (someone) with a strike, blow, weapon etc.
- To overtake or catch up to; to be in time for.
- To discover unexpectedly; to surprise (someone doing something).
- To travel by means of.
- To become pregnant. (Only in past tense or as participle.)
- To seize hold of.
- To grab, seize, take hold of.
- To take or replenish something necessary, such as breath or sleep.
- To grip or entangle.
- To be held back or impeded.
- To engage with some mechanism; to stick, to succeed in interacting with something or initiating some process.
- To have something be held back or impeded.
- To make a grasping or snatching motion (at).
- Of fire, to spread or be conveyed to.
- To grip (the water) with one's oars at the beginning of the stroke.
- To germinate and set down roots.
- To contact a wave in such a way that one can ride it back to shore.
- To handle an exception.
- To intercept.
- To seize or intercept a object moving through the air (or, sometimes, some other medium).
- To seize (an opportunity) when it occurs.
- To end a player's innings by catching a hit ball before the first bounce.
- To play (a specific period of time) as the catcher.
- To receive (by being in the way).
- To be the victim of (something unpleasant, painful etc.).
- To be touched or affected by (something) through exposure.
- To be infected by (an illness).
- To spread by infection or similar means.
- To receive or be affected by (wind, water, fire etc.).
- To acquire, as though by infection; to take on through sympathy or infection.
- To be hit by something.
- To serve well or poorly for catching, especially for catching fish.
- To get pregnant.
- To take in with one's senses or intellect.
- To grasp mentally: perceive and understand.
- To take in; to watch or listen to (an entertainment).
- To reproduce or echo a spirit or idea faithfully.
- To seize attention, interest.
- To charm or entrance.
- To attract and hold (a faculty or organ of sense).
- To obtain or experience
- A 20th century spelling variant of Cathy, diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- name and of its variant forms, also used as a formal given name in the 20th century.
- A diminutive of the female given name Catherine.
- A diminutive of the female given name Caitlin.
- A dishonest person; a rogue; a cheat.
- The univalent hexadecyl radical C16H33- present in many waxes
- A Spanish enclave at the edge of Morocco.
- To sing, especially without instruments, and as applied to monophonic and pre-modern music.
- To sing or intone sacred text.
- To utter or repeat in a strongly rhythmical manner, especially as a group.
- Type of singing done generally without instruments and harmony.
- A short and simple melody, divided into two parts by double bars, to which unmetrical psalms, etc., are sung or recited. It is the most ancient form of choral music.
- Twang; manner of speaking; a canting tone.
- A repetitive song, typically an incantation or part of a ritual.
- A map.
- A map illustrating the geography of a specific phenomenon.
- A navigator's map.
- A systematic non-narrative presentation of data.
- A tabular presentation of data; a table.
- A diagram.
- A graph.
- A record of a patient's diagnosis, care instructions, and recent history.
- A ranked listing of competitors, as of recorded music.
- A written deed; a charter.
- A subspace of a manifold used as part of an atlas
- To draw a chart or map of.
- To draw or figure out (a route or plan).
- To record systematically.
- To appear on a hit-recording chart.
- A small South American subspecies of tiger cat ( native to Argentina and Paraguay.
- To violate rules in order to gain advantage from a situation.
- To be unfaithful to one's spouse or partner.
- To manage to avoid something even though it seemed unlikely.
- To deceive; to fool; to trick.
- To beguile.
- Someone who cheats (informal: cheater).
- An act of deception or fraud; that which is the means of fraud or deception; a fraud; a trick; imposition; imposture.
- The weed cheatgrass.
- A card game where the goal is to have no cards remaining in a hand, often by telling lies.
- A hidden means of gaining an unfair advantage in a computer game, often by entering a cheat code.
- Massive, usually dull-colored and opaque, quartzite, hornstone, impure chalcedony, or other flint-like mineral.
- A flint-like tool made from chert.
- A box, now usually a large strong box with a secure convex lid.
- A coffin.
- The place in which public money is kept; a treasury.
- A chest of drawers.
- The portion of the front of the human body from the base of the neck to the top of the abdomen; the thorax. Also the analogous area in other animals.
- A hit or blow made with one's chest.
- To hit with one's chest (front of one's body)
- To deposit in a chest.
- To place in a coffin.
- Debate; quarrel; strife; enmity.
- A dry salt lake, in the Saharan area of Africa, that stays dry in the summer but receives some water in the winter.
- An assessment equal to a quarter of the revenue.
- A summons to appear, as before a judge.
- citation; quotation
- A daub.
- Sticky mud, mire or filth.
- A person who is unclean.
- A fool.
- To daub, smear, or spread, especially with mud, etc.; to dirty.
- A strip of wood or iron fastened on transversely to something in order to give strength, prevent warping, hold position, etc.
- A continuous metal strip, or angled piece, used to secure metal components.
- A device to quickly affix a line or rope, and from which it is also easy to release.
- A protrusion on the bottom of a shoe meant for better traction. (See cleats.)
- To strengthen with a cleat.
- To tie off, affix, stopper a line or rope, especially to a cleat.
- An opening, fissure, or V-shaped indentation made by or as if by splitting.
- A piece made by splitting.
- A disease of horses; a crack on the band of the pastern.
- One of the Charites worshiped in Sparta along with Phaenna.
- The common burdock; the clotbur.
- A woven fabric such as used in dressing, decorating, cleaning or other practical use.
- A piece of cloth used for a particular purpose.
- A form of attire that represents a particular profession.
- Priesthood, clergy.
- Influence or effectiveness, especially political.
- A blow with the hand.
- A home run.
- The center of the butt at which archers shoot; probably once a piece of white cloth or a nail head.
- A swaddling cloth.
- A cloth; a piece of cloth or leather; a patch; a rag.
- An iron plate on an axletree or other wood to keep it from wearing; a washer.
- A piece; a fragment.
- To hit, especially with the fist.
- To cover with cloth, leather, or other material; to bandage, patch, or mend with a clout.
- To stud with nails, as a timber, or a boot sole.
- To guard with an iron plate, as an axletree.
- To join or patch clumsily.
- A city in Texas.
- To compel, constrain, force.
- Forced, constrained, done under compulsion.
- To work together.
- To fit together, especially by mutual adaptation
- methyl cyanoacrylate
- The side or edge of something.
- The edge of the land where it meets an ocean, sea, gulf, bay, or large lake.
- A region of land; a district or country.
- A region of the air or heavens.
- To glide along without adding energy.
- To sail along a coast.
- Applied to human behavior, to make a minimal effort, to continue to do something in a routine way. This implies lack of initiative and effort.
- To draw near to; to approach; to keep near, or by the side of.
- To sail by or near; to follow the coastline of.
- To conduct along a coast or river bank.
- To slide downhill; to slide on a sled upon snow or ice.
- A lower servant in a church
- neat; spruce
- account; reckoning; computation
- To compute; to count.
- Afflicted with body lice or coots.
- A copy of a subgroup multiplied by some element from the parent group.
- To recite numbers in sequence.
- To determine the number (of objects in a group).
- To be of significance; to matter.
- To be an example of something:
- To consider something an example of something.
- To take account or note (of).
- To plead orally; to argue a matter in court; to recite a count.
- The act of counting or tallying a quantity.
- The result of a tally that reveals the number of items in a set; a quantity counted.
- A countdown.
- A charge of misconduct brought in a legal proceeding.
- The number of balls and strikes, respectively, on a batter's in-progress plate appearance.
- An object of interest or account; value; estimation.
- The male ruler of a county.
- A nobleman holding a rank intermediate between dukes and barons.
- known, renowned
- Marked by or possessing a high degree of sophistication; cultured, refined.
- Social grace, sophistication; manners; refinement.
- To wish for with eagerness; to desire possession of, often enviously.
- To long for inordinately or unlawfully; to hanker after (something forbidden).
- To yearn, have or indulge inordinate desire, notably for another's possession.
- the weight of 1 litre of hydrogen at standard temperature and pressure. Equal to approximately 0.09 grams.
- A small bottle or container used to hold a condiment, such as salt, pepper, oil, or vinegar, for use at a dining table.
- A stand for these containers.
- A small vessel used to hold wine or water for the Eucharist.
- A more solid, dense or hard layer on a surface or boundary.
- The external layer of most types of bread.
- An outer layer composed of pastry
- The bread-like base of a pizza.
- The outermost layer of the lithosphere of the Earth.
- The shell of crabs, lobsters, etc.
- Nerve, gall.
- crust punk
- To cover with a crust.
- To form a crust.
- An archaic stringed instrument associated particularly with Wales, though once played widely in Europe, and characterized by a vaulted back and enough space for the player to stop each of the six strings on the fingerboard.
- A cave or cavern.
- An underground vault, especially one beneath a church that is used as a burial place.
- A small pit or cavity in the surface of an organ or other structure.
- A component of armor, consisting of overlapping plates designed to protect the buttocks.
- A small, flat face at the base of a brilliant-cut gemstone.
- a preservative, made from catechu gum boiled in water, used to prolong the life of a sail or net
- A cute person or animal.
- A clementine: a small, waxy-peeled orange hybrid cultivar that is easy to peel by hand.
- Any small mandarin orange variety such as a tangerine or a satsuma.
- The true skin or dermis, underlying the epidermis.
- Short, shortened, or small; curtailed.
- A short spoon.
- A short tobacco pipe.
- A wanton or unchaste woman.
- Marked with a date.
- Anachronistic; being obviously inappropriate for its present context.
- No longer fashionable.
- to discourage, intimidate
- to overwhelm
- The vertical distance below a surface; the degree to which something is deep.
- The distance between the front and the back, as the depth of a drawer or closet.
- The intensity, complexity, strength, seriousness or importance of an emotion, situation, etc.
- The total palette of available colors.
- The property of appearing three-dimensional.
- The deepest part. (Usually of a body of water.)
- A very remote part.
- The most severe part.
- The number of simple elements which an abstract conception or notion includes; the comprehension or content.
- A pair of toothed wheels which work together.
- The perpendicular distance from the chord to the farthest point of an arched surface.
- The lower of the two ranks of a value in an ordered set of values.
- To prevent something from happening.
- To persuade someone not to do something; to discourage.
- To remove the tin from (metal scrap), usually for resale.
- A present of books given to a meritorious undergraduate student as a prize.
- A long loincloth worn by Hindu men in India.
- The cotton fabric used for such loincloths.
- A plant whose seedlings have two cotyledons, a dicotyledon.
- To deal with, handle.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- To dispose, put (in a given state or condition).
- To compose, make.
- To furnish, equip.
- To dress, array; to adorn.
- To make ready, prepare.
- To dismiss, let go, or release.
- Unclean; covered with or containing unpleasant substances such as dirt or grime.
- That makes one unclean; corrupting, infecting.
- Morally unclean; obscene or indecent, especially sexually.
- Dishonourable; violating accepted standards or rules.
- Corrupt, illegal, or improper.
- Out of tune.
- Of color, discolored by impurities.
- Containing data which need to be written back to a larger memory.
- Carrying illegal drugs among one's possessions or inside of one's bloodstream.
- Used as an intensifier, especially in conjunction with "great".
- Sleety; gusty; stormy.
- In a dirty manner.
- To make (something) dirty.
- To stain or tarnish (somebody) with dishonor.
- To debase by distorting the real nature of (something).
- To become soiled.
- A trench; a long, shallow indentation, as for irrigation or drainage.
- To discard or abandon.
- To deliberately crash-land an airplane on water.
- To deliberately not attend classes; to play hookey.
- To dig ditches.
- To dig ditches around.
- To throw into a ditch.
- That which was stated before, the aforesaid, the above, the same, likewise.
- A duplicate or copy of a document, particularly one created by a spirit duplicator.
- A copy; an imitation.
- A symbol, represented by two apostrophes, inverted commas, or quotation marks (" "), when indicating that the item preceding is to be repeated.
- As said before, likewise.
- To repeat the aforesaid, the earlier action etc.
- A short verse or tune.
- A saying or utterance, especially one that is short and frequently repeated.
- To sing; to warble a little tune.
- Silly or scatterbrained, usually of a woman.
- A torn up piece of turf (e.g. by a golf club in making a stroke or by a horse's hoof).
- A disruption in an otherwise smooth contour.
- To hold off; to keep at bay.
- Pertaining to dower, or a woman's marriage portion; constituting or comprised in dower.
- stupid; foolish
- Having many dots.
- Mildly insane or excessively preoccupied; often, senile.
- Having an unsteady gait.
- Uncertainty, disbelief.
- To lack confidence in; to disbelieve, question, or suspect.
- To fear; to suspect.
- To fear; to be apprehensive of.
- To fill with fear; to affright.
- The action or an act (especially of a beast of burden or vehicle) of pulling something along or back.
- The act of drawing in a net for fish.
- That which is drawn in; a catch, a haul.
- An early version of a written work (such as a book or e-mail) or drawing; a preliminary sketch or outline.
- Depth of water needed to float a ship; depth below the water line to the bottom of a vessel's hull.
- A current of air, usually coming into a room or vehicle.
- Draw through a flue of gasses (smoke) resulting from a combustion process.
- An amount of liquid (such as water, alcohol, or medicine) that is drunk in one swallow.
- Beer drawn from a cask or keg rather than a bottle or can.
- A cheque, an order for money to be paid.
- Conscription, the system of forcing people to serve in the military.
- A system of forcing or convincing people to take an elected position.
- A system of assigning rookie players to professional sports teams.
- The pulling force (tension) on couplers and draft gear during a slack stretched condition.
- The bevel given to the pattern for a casting, so that it can be drawn from the sand without damaging the mould.
- To write a first version, make a preliminary sketch.
- To draw in outline; to make a draught, sketch, or plan of, as in architectural and mechanical drawing.
- To write a law.
- To conscript a person, force a person to serve in some capacity, especially in the military.
- To select and separate an animal or animals from a group.
- To select a rookie player onto a professional sports team.
- To follow very closely behind another vehicle, thereby providing an aerodynamic advantage to both lead and follower, thereby conserving energy or increasing speed.
- To draw out; to call forth. See
- To draw fibers out of a clump, for spinning in the production of yarn.
- Referring to drinks on tap, in contrast to bottled.
- A thick, padded quilt used instead of blankets.
- A cover for a quilt or comforter.
- That has been consumed by eating
- One who eats.
- An eating apple.
- One who performs fellatio or cunnilingus.
- A configuration of cells that appears to consume another configuration by gradually causing it to disappear.
- A town in Colorado
- One of two villages in England
- A town in Indiana
- A town in New Hampshire
- A town in New York
- A city in Ohio, and the county seat of Preble County.
- One of three towns in Wisconsin
- Pertaining to, or situated near, the surface; outer.
- a proclamation of law or other authoritative command
- That which is educed
- A reactant; see also product
- To excrete from the body.
- Any of various wading birds of the genera Egretta or Ardea that includes herons, many of which are white or buff, and several of which develop fine plumes during the breeding season.
- A plume or tuft of feathers worn as a part of a headdress, or anything imitating such an ornament; an aigrette.
- The flying feathery or hairy crown of seeds or achenes, such as the down of the thistle.
- The crab-eating macaque (Macaca fascicularis)
- country in North Africa. Official name: Arab Republic of Egypt.
- A civilization based around the river Nile, on its lower reaches nearer the Mediterranean.
- The digit/figure 8.
- Any of the four cards in a normal deck with the value eight.
- A light, narrow rowing boat, especially one used in competitive rowing, steered by a cox, in which eight rowers each have two oars.
- A race in which such craft participate.
- An island in a river; an ait.
- To compel (a person or persons) to leave.
- To throw out or remove forcefully.
- To compel (a sports player) to leave the field because of inappropriate behaviour.
- To project oneself from an aircraft.
- To cause (something) to come out of a machine.
- To come out of a machine.
- A button on a machine that causes something to be ejected from the machine.
- (by analogy with subject and object) an inferred object of someone else's consciousness
- To make joyful or proud.
- To lift up; raise; elevate.
- elated; exultant
- Lifted up; raised; elevated.
- One of a few villages in England
- A town in Louisiana
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- To separate one substance from another by means of a solvent; to wash; to cleanse.
- To display emotions openly, especially while acting.
- To perform a virtual action, presented to other users as reported speech, rather than sending a direct message.
- A virtual action, presented to other users as reported speech, rather than a direct message.
- Devoid of content; containing nothing or nobody; vacant.
- Containing no elements (as of a string or array), opposed to being null (having no valid value).
- Free; clear; devoid; often with of.
- Having nothing to carry, emptyhanded; unburdened.
- Destitute of effect, sincerity, or sense; said of language.
- Unable to satisfy; hollow; vain.
- Destitute of reality, or real existence; unsubstantial.
- Producing nothing; unfruitful; said of a plant or tree.
- Destitute of, or lacking, sense, knowledge, or courtesy.
- To make empty; to void; to remove the contents of.
- Of a river, duct, etc: to drain or flow toward an ultimate destination.
- A container, especially a bottle, whose contents have been used up, leaving it empty.
- to make (a bill) into law
- to act the part of; to play
- to do; to effect
- purpose; determination