Page 1 from 13
Total results: 13402
- of (Dodonaea viscosa).
- A table or tray strewn with sand, anciently used for drawing, calculating, etc.
- A calculating table or frame; an instrument for performing arithmetical calculations by balls sliding on wires, or counters in grooves, the lowest line representing units, the second line, tens, etc.
- The uppermost portion of the capital of a column, immediately under the architrave.
- A board, tray, or table, divided into perforated compartments, for holding cups, bottles, or the like; a kind of cupboard, buffet, or sideboard.
- Humbled; lowered, especially in rank, position, or prestige.
- Borne lower than usual, as a fess; also, having the ends of the wings turned downward towards the point of the shield. 1976
- One who, or that which, abases.
- An inability to walk due to a defect in muscular coordination.
- Of, pertaining to or caused by abasia
- Missing a nucleotide base
- A female superior or governess of a nunnery, or convent of nuns, having the same authority over the nuns which the abbots have over the monks.
- A woman who runs a brothel; a woman employed by a prostitute to find clients.
- Islamic act of washing parts of the body using water for ritual prayers and for handling and reading the Qur'an; of
- Blushing; ruddy.
- Blushing; ruddy.
- A variation in color (often applied to Oriental rugs).
- A code name for an sting operation set up by the FBI to thwart bribery in Congress.
- To descend a steep or vertical drop using a rope with a mechanical friction device or (classic abseil) by wrapping the rope around the body; to rappel.
- A descent in mountaineering using a rope looped at the top and a friction device.
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present; missing.
- Not existing; lacking.
- Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied.
- Absentee; a person who is away on occasion.
- In the absence of; without.
- To keep (oneself) away.
- To keep (someone) away.
- Stay away; withdraw.
- To stand apart from; to leave off; to desist.
- To include so that it no longer has separate existence; to overwhelm; to cause to disappear as if by swallowing up; to incorporate; to assimilate; to take in and use up.
- To engulf, as in water; to swallow up.
- To suck up; to drink in; to imbibe, like a sponge or as the lacteals of the body; to chemically take in.
- To take in energy and convert it, as
- in receiving a physical impact or vibration without recoil.
- in receiving sound energy without repercussion or echo.
- taking in radiant energy and converting it to a different form of energy, like heat.
- To engross or engage wholly; to occupy fully
- To occupy or consume time.
- Assimilate mentally.
- To assume or pay for as part of a commercial transaction.
- To defray the costs.
- To accept or purchase in quantity.
- To consume gradually; to waste away.
- In a bursting condition.
- Having been a victim of some form of abuse, most commonly child abuse or domestic violence.
- Overused; used profligately or in excess.
- One who abuses someone or something.
- One who uses in an illegal or wrongful use.
- A ancient city in Egypt with archaeological interest.
- A city in Asia Minor at the Hellespont.
- A way or means of approaching or entering; an entrance; a passage.
- The act of approaching or entering; an advance.
- The right or ability of approaching or entering; admittance; admission; accessibility.
- The quality of being easy to approach or enter.
- Admission to sexual intercourse.
- An increase by addition; accession
- An onset, attack, or fit of disease; an ague fit.
- An outburst of an emotion; a paroxysm; a fit of passion
- The right of a non-custodial parent to visit their child.
- The process of locating data in memory.
- Connection to or communication with a computer program or to the Internet.
- To gain or obtain access to.
- To have access to (data).
- To approach and speak to boldly or aggressively, as with a demand or request.
- To join side to side; to border; hence, to sail along the coast or side of.
- To approach; to come up to.
- To speak to first; to address; to greet.
- To adjoin; to lie alongside.
- To solicit sexually.
- To assault (the most common modern usage).
- Address; greeting.
- An attack.
- One of the small grains or drupelets which make up some kinds of fruit, as the blackberry, raspberry, etc.
- A grape-stone.
- One of the granular masses which constitute a racemose or compound gland, as the pancreas; also, one of the saccular recesses in the lobules of a racemose gland.
- weakness of will.
- To, toward or from the far side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- On the opposite side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- across from: on the opposite side, relative to something that lies between, from (a point of interest).
- From one side to the other within (a space being traversed).
- At or near the far end of (a space).
- So as to intersect or pass through or over at an angle.
- In possession of full, up-to-date information about; abreast of.
- From one side to the other.
- On the other side.
- In a particular direction.
- A word that runs horizontally in the completed puzzle grid or its associated clue.
- A fine cotton cloth of India.
- The division or defective coherence of an organ that is usually whole.
- To modify.
- To improve or rectify.
- To settle an insurance claim.
- To change to fit circumstances.
- Without ads (advertising).
- That part of society that is influenced by mass media advertising.
- At the door; of the door.
- To accumulate on a surface, by adsorption
- To give advice to; to offer an opinion, as worthy or expedient to be followed.
- To give information or notice to; to inform or counsel; — with before the thing communicated.
- To consider, to deliberate.
- To look at, watch; to see.
- information; advice; intelligence.
- An advice boat, dispatch boat.
- flushed, blushing
- Anew; again; once more; newly.
- The treating of a person or people differently from others based on assumptions or stereotypes relating to their age.
- Unfairly discriminatory against someone based on their age.
- A person who behaves in an ageist manner.
- Terrified; struck with amazement; showing signs of terror or horror.
- A lack of spiritual understanding or insight; a lack of enlightenment.
- A deficit in the ability to perceive.
- A patient suffering from an agnosy.
- Ignorance, especially that which is common to a group or category of people.
- To dress; to array.
- dress; clothing
- Characteristic of ague
- On the back of a horse; on horseback.
- Cool, breezy.
- Tending to put on airs.
- A town in South Dakota, US.
- An auditory hallucination
- Any of a class of monosaccharides having an aldehyde or hemiacetal functional group.
- name, transferred from the male name and used since the 1940s.
- Of or relating to the algae, or seaweeds; algal.
- An epimer of glucose found in some African shrubs
- name, variant of Alfonso.
- A non-contagious form of leprosy
- a species of clover with pinkish or white flowers.
- A market town in Cumbria, England.
- A village in Devon, England.
- A village in Lancashire, England.
- A small town in Georgia, USA.
- The channel of a river.
- At all times; ever; perpetually; throughout all time; continually; every time.
- Constantly during a certain period, or regularly at stated intervals; invariably; uniformly;—opposed to sometimes or occasionally.
- In any event.
- name, popular in the US in the 1990s and the 2000s.
- The act of concealing oneself and lying in wait to attack by surprise.
- An attack launched from a concealed position.
- The troops posted in a concealed place, for attacking by surprise; those who lie in wait.
- To station in ambush with a view to surprise an enemy.
- To attack by ambush; to waylay.
- A foetus born without limbs.
- Someone not a party to a case who submits a brief and/or presents oral argument in that case.
- In the midst or middle of; surrounded or encompassed by; among.
- A large city which is the capital of The Somme, France.
- Pleasurably entertained.
- Displaying amusement.
- Enjoying humor aspects (of something).
- Someone who amuses.
- One who diverts attention, usually to distract or bewilder, often for fraudulent purposes; hence a cheat, deceiver or thief.
- One of a class of rogues who carry snuff or dust in their pockets, which they throw into the eyes of people so as to enable their accomplices to rob them while pretending to help them.
- The inability to comprehend or respond to music.
- Wanting in muscle; without flesh.
- An island of the Cyclades, Greece.
- An island in the Bahamas.
- Over against.
- About; concerning; anent.
- Remission of disease symptoms.
- Addition of a sentence, clause or phrase that diminishes what preceded.
- Narrow; strait; contracted; not spacious.
- The basic impulses and instincts which govern one's actions.
- A feeling of enmity, animosity or ill will.
- The masculine aspect of the feminine psyche or personality.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from anise
- noun Any of three isomeric univalent radicals, o-, m-, or p-methoxyphenyl, CH3O-C6H4-, derived from anisole. adj. bearing one of these radicals.
- A relation of events in chronological order, each event being recorded under the year in which it happened.
- Historical records; chronicles; history.
- A periodic publication, containing records of discoveries, transactions of societies, etc.; as Annals of Science.
- That has a handle or a part that resembles a handle.
- name; quite rare in English.
- A prefecture-level city in northeastern China.
- An ancient Elamite and later Achaemenid Persian city in modern-day Iran.
- A response or reply; something said or done in reaction to a statement or question.
- A solution to a problem.
- A document filed in response to a complaint, responding to each point raised in the complaint and raising counterpoints.
- To make a reply or response to.
- To speak in defence against; to reply to in defence.
- To respond to a call by someone at a door or telephone, or other similar piece of equipment.
- To suit a need or purpose satisfactorily.
- To be accountable or responsible; to make amends.
- To file a document in response to a complaint.
- To correspond to; to be in harmony with; to be in agreement with.
- To be opposite, or to act in opposition.
- To be or act in conformity, or by way of accommodation, correspondence, relation, or proportion; to conform; to correspond; to suit; usually with to.
- To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way of explanation, argument, or justification; to refute.
- To be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, or demand.
- To render account to or for.
- To atone for; to be punished for.
- To be or act as an equivalent to, or as adequate or sufficient for; to serve for; to repay.
- defective digestion; indigestion
- A branched-chain sugar 3-C-(hydroxymethyl)-D-glycerotetrose that occurs in parsley and many other plants
- name, notably borne by a Roman politician of the 4th and 3rd century BC, builder of the Appian Way
- Along with Athos and Porthos, one of the Three Musketeers.
- melodic and song-like.
- A musical style, in opera and oratorio, that is more melodic than recitative, but less so than aria
- A sedimentary rock consisting of small fragments of feldspar and quartz similar to a coarse sand.
- To stimulate feelings.
- To sexually stimulate.
- To wake from sleep or stupor.
- Short darts feathered at the ends.
- An obsolete Russian length unit, equal to 71.12 centimeters.
- A person who creates art.
- A person who creates art as an occupation.
- A person who is skilled at some activity.
- A recording artist.
- A city in northeastern Tanzania.
- To move upward, to fly, to soar.
- To slope in an upward direction.
- To go up.
- To succeed.
- To rise; to become higher, more noble, etc.
- The act of ascending; a motion upwards.
- The way or means by which one ascends.
- An eminence, hill, or high place.
- The degree of elevation of an object, or the angle it makes with a horizontal line; inclination; rising grade.
- The ascender height in a typeface.
- An increase, for example in popularity or hierarchy
- A cupboard or case for holding bows and other archery equipment.
- person or thing without a shadow
- person or thing found close to the Equator
- Being self-derived, in contrast to being derived from or dependent on another; being self-existent, having independent existence.
- Loss of power to express, or to understand, symbols or signs of thought.
- Of or relating to asemia.
- Without semantic content; lacking meaning.
- The realm of the Æsir gods.
- shaking, aquiver
- To make ashamed; to shame.
- A container for ashes, used in times past for accumulating ashes generated from wood and coal fires, for eventual disposal elsewhere. A dustbin.
- A kind of large firecracker.
- Of or pertaining to the Ashcan School of American art.
- Describing a comic book originally published solely to retain ownership of a trademark, not intended for general release; later used for promotional comic books intended for limited release to the public.
- A port on the Mediterranean coast of Israel
- A depository for ashes.
- A place where potash is made.
- shining; radiant
- An analytic procedure in which a sample is heated in a furnace to leave a residue of ash, either to determine the gross mineral content, or as a preparation for further analysis
- A large cuboid stone; masonry making use of such stone blocks.
- A hurling stone used in warfare.
- name, variant of Ashley
- A common English place name.
- derived from the places.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name transferred from the surname.
- One of ten villages in England.
- A city in Illinois.
- A town in Indiana.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A village/town in Ohio.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- On the land as opposed to onboard.
- On, or towards the shore.
- A secluded religious hermitage inhabited by gurus, or the population of such a hermitage.
- A common place name in England.
- derived from the place names.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A town in South Australia, Australia.
- A ghost town in California, US.
- A city in Idaho, US.
- A village in Illinois, US.
- A city/town in Iowa, US.
- A village in Nebraska, US.
- A city/town in South Dakota, US.
- Any member of the Asilidae.
- Lack of appetite; loathing of food.
- Aslant, or sloping.
- Aslant, or askance, or sideways
- A member of a local African military or police unit, usually one serving in a European colonial force.
- The act or process of posing a question or making a request.
- A request, or petition.
- To abate; diminish.
- To moderate; mitigate; appease; satisfy.
- at a slant
- diagonally over or across
- In a state of sleep; also, broadly, resting.
- Having a numb or prickling sensation accompanied by a degree of unresponsiveness.
- slanted or sloping
- slanted or sloping
- The capital of Eritrea.
- Any specific feature, part, or element of something.
- The way something appears when viewed from a certain direction or perspective.
- The way something appears when considered from a certain point of view.
- A phase or a partial, but significant view or description of something.
- One's appearance or expression.
- Position or situation with regard to seeing; that position which enables one to look in a particular direction; position in relation to the points of the compass.
- Prospect; outlook.
- A grammatical quality of a verb which determines the relationship of the speaker to the internal temporal flow of the event the verb describes, or whether the speaker views the event from outside as a whole, or from within as it is unfolding.
- The relative position of heavenly bodies as they appear to an observer on earth; the angular relationship between points in a horoscope.
- The act of looking at something; gaze.
- Appearance to the eye or the mind; look; view.
- In aspect-oriented programming, a feature or component that can be applied to parts of a program independent of any inheritance hierarchy.
- Pertaining to, or like, an asp.
- To attack violently using words or force.
- Forest land cleared for agriculture.
- The act or offence of grubbing up trees and bushes, and thus destroying the thickets or coverts of a forest.
- To clear forest land for agriculture; remove stumps.
- an assertion; a section of source code which tests whether an expected condition is true.
- To declare with assurance or plainly and strongly; to state positively.
- To use or exercise and thereby prove the existence of.
- To maintain or defend, as a cause or a claim, by words or measures; to vindicate a claim or title to
- To make true; to make equal to 1.
- To determine, estimate or judge the value of; to evaluate
- To impose or charge, especially as punishment for an infraction.
- To calculate and demand (the tax money due) from a person or entity.
- To designate or set apart something for some purpose.
- To appoint or select someone for some office.
- To allot or give something as a task.
- To attribute or sort something into categories.
- To transfer property, a legal right, etc., from one person to another.
- To give (a value) to a variable.
- An assignee.
- A thing relating or belonging to something else; an appurtenance.
- Like an ass; stupid or obstinate; asinine.
- To stand (at a place) or to (an opinion).
- To attend
- To help.
- To make a pass that leads directly towards scoring.
- To help compensate for what is missing with the help of a medical technique or therapy.
- A helpful action or an act of giving.
- The act of helping another player score points or goals
- A decisive pass made to the goal scorer
- A defensive play, allowing a teammate to record a putout}}.
- A session or inquiry made before a court or jury.
- The verdict reached or pronouncement given by a panel of jurors.
- An assembly of knights and other substantial men, with a bailiff or justice, in a certain place and at a certain time, for public business.
- A statute or ordinance, especially one regulating weights and measures.
- Anything fixed or reduced to a certainty in point of time, number, quantity, quality, weight, measure, etc.
- Measure; dimension; size.
- Someone who rides a donkey
- To absolve, acquit; to release from blame or sin.
- To set free, release.
- To solve; to clear up.
- To expiate; to atone for.
- To remove; to put off.
- To sort or arrange according to characteristic or class.
- To be of a kind with.
- To be associated with; to consort with.
- To furnish with, or make up of, various sorts or a variety of goods.
- To cause to start; startle; start up; jump.
- To start up.
- To get away, escape; escape from.
- To be escaped from.
- To stun, paralyse, astound.
- In a stooping or inclined position.
- To store; to furnish with stores.The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, via Wordnik.com (accessed 19 March 2016)
- Relating to or resembling the stars; starry.
- Relating to an aster.
- Relating to a supposed supersensible substance taking the form of an aura discernible to certain gifted individuals.
- In a wrong or unknown and wrongly-motivated direction.
- Sticking out, or puffed out; swelling.
- In a strutting manner; with a strutting gait.
- quickly and critically discerning
- shrewd or crafty
- The sloth bear ( of India.
- Filled or overrun (with moving objects or beings).
- To put to sleep.
- To stupefy.
- In a state of swinging.
- A place of safety.
- The protection, physical and legal, afforded by such a place.
- A place of protection or restraint for one or more classes of the disadvantaged, especially the mentally ill.
- a simple substitution cipher in which each occurrence of the first letter of the alphabet is substituted with the last, second with next to last, and so on
- The capital city of Greece.
- A city in Alabama, USA
- A city in Georgia, USA, consolidated with as Athens-Clarke County.
- A city in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community hamlet in Henry Township, Indiana, USA.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- A city in Ohio.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A city in Tennessee
- A city in Texas
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in West Virginia.
- A village in Wisconsin.
- meaning "son of Atkin (Adam)".
- jet-black in color.
- To take to task; tax; reprove; blame.
- Twisted; distorted; awry
- The first decade of a century, such as 1900 to 1909 or 2000 to 2009, whose digit in the tens place is zero. The oughts, the noughties.
- A gold coin, minted in the Roman Empire from approximately 100 to 309 equal to 25 denarii.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- Relating to gold.
- Containing gold.
- Containing univalent gold.
- An Australian.
- An Australian Shepherd dog.
- Australian dollar.
- a variant of Austin.
- English novelist.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- Pervasive neurological disorder that is observable in early childhood and persists throughout the lifespan, characterised by atypical communication, language development, eye contact, and sensory experiences.
- of (disorder); generalization of the specific to a range
- Diagnosis involving a pathological tendency to engage in self-centered fantasy thinking, historically considered a symptom of insanity and/or schizophrenia.
- Having a repugnance or opposition of mind.
- Turned away or backward.
- Lying on the opposite side (to or from).
- To turn away.
- The sacred texts of Zoroastrianism, composed in the Avestan language.
- Avestan language.
- A grallatorial bird, of the genus Recurvirostra; the scooper. The bill is long and bend upward toward the tip.
- To tear off forcibly.
- of Mistakenly used for the plural of
- In anatomy, a structure that is unpaired. This is relatively unusual, as most elements of anatomy reflect bilateral symmetry.
- Like a babe; childish; babyish.
- The doctrine of a pantheistical religious sect, founded in Persia in 1844 by Mirza Ali Mohammed ibn Rabhik (1820-1850), who assumed the title of Bab-ed-Din ("Gate of the Faith"). It combines Muslim, Christian, Jewish, and Parsi elements, and forbids concubinage, polygamy, mendicancy, slave-dealing, and the use of intoxicating liquors and drugs. Precursor to the Baha'i Faith.
- A believer in Babism.
- Tough and courageous; having balls.
- To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
- To expel, especially from the mind.
- An English topographic surname for someone who owned, lived in, or worked in a barn.
- An English habitational surname for someone from the place of the same name in Surrey.
- A town originally in Surrey, now a district of London.
- One who bashes something, figuratively or literally.
- One who engages in gratuitous physical or verbal attacks on a group or type of people.
- A trainspotter. 
- Relating to the basion.
- To make more basic (less acidic)
- The middle of the anterior margin of the foramen magnum of the skull.
- A lightweight container, generally round, open at the top, and tapering toward the bottom.
- A wire or plastic container similar in shape to a basket, used for carrying articles for purchase in a shop.
- In an online shop, a notional place to store items before ordering them.
- A circular hoop, from which a net is suspended, which is the goal through which the players try to throw the ball.
- The act of putting the ball through the basket, thereby scoring points.
- The game of basketball.
- A dance movement in some line dances, where men put their arms round the women's lower backs, and the women put their arms over the mens' shoulders, and the group (usually of four, any more is difficult) spins round, which should result in the women's feet leaving the ground.
- A manbulge.
- In a stage-coach, two outside seats facing each other.
- A protection for the hand on a sword or a singlestick; a guard of a bladed weapon.
- A singlestick with a basket hilt.
- Where the pilot and passengers are.
- The bell or vase of the Corinthian capital.
- To place in a basket or in baskets.
- Having been cooked by basting.
- A member of the Basotho people.
- Overdone or treacly attempts to inspire pathos.
- Risible failure on the part of a work of art to properly affect its audience, particularly owing to
- anticlimax: an abrupt transition in style or subject from high to low.
- banality: unaffectingly cliché or trite treatment of a topic.
- immaturity: lack of serious treatment of a topic.
- hyperbole: excessiveness
- The ironic use of such failure for satiric or humorous effect.
- A nadir, a low point particularly in one's career.
- of ( spelling of).
- singular of spelling of
- A person who has been beatified.
- To make busy; occupy.
- To dash against.
- To bespatter with liquid or powder.
- To ruin or obliterate.
- A form of rented accommodation consisting of a single room for use as both sitting room and bedroom; there may also be a small kitchen area and washing and toilet facilities, but these may be shared.
- of: cows, bulls, or steers.
- A command, bidding; sometimes also, an authoritative request.
- A vow; a promise.
- To promise; vow.
- to kiss repeatedly; cover with kisses.
- to kiss intensely or excessively
- To mask; cover or conceal with a mask; conceal.
- To cover or envelop with mist, or as with mist.
- To confuse or bewilder.
- To devote to the Muses.