Page 1 from 2
Total results: 1881
- Broken away (from restraint).
- Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- Curt in manner; brusque; rude; uncivil; impolite.
- Having sudden transitions from one subject or state to another; unconnected; disjointed.
- Broken off.
- Extremely steep or craggy as if broken up; precipitous.
- Suddenly terminating, as if cut off; truncate.
- To tear off or asunder.
- To interrupt suddenly.
- Something which is abrupt; an abyss.
- To strike; to strike down.
- In the act of groping.
- a null mutation.
- a mutation that causes a complete loss of gene function.
- Covered with pimples.
- Weak; unhealthy; beginning to decay.
- A place where bees and their hives are kept.
- Having no polarity
- Having no dipole
- Orthogonal under the polar pairing between the symmetric algebra of a vector space and its dual.
- To become impaired; to grow worse.
- To come or be in sight; to be in view; to become visible.
- To come before the public.
- To stand in presence of some authority, tribunal, or superior person, to answer a charge, plead a cause, etc.; to present oneself as a party or advocate before a court, or as a person to be tried.
- To become visible to the apprehension of the mind; to be known as a subject of observation or comprehension, or as a thing proved; to be obvious or manifest.
- To seem; to have a certain semblance; to look.
- The supposed paranormal transference of an object from one place to another, or the appearance of an object from an unknown source, often associated with poltergeist activity and séances.
- The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- Somewhere or something considered unpleasant or undesirable.
- A pre-metric French unit of length, having various official measures.
- A pre-metric French unit of area, having various official measures.
- To entrap; to ensnare.
- To drip about or all over; drip onto (something).
- A band of harvesters.
- A crowd.
- To cover with drops; to splash or spatter.
- Something that makes a beeping sound, especially a simple computer speaker.
- A pager (device).
- To catch in a trap; entrap; ensnare; circumvent; enclose.
- To furnish (a horse) with trappings; deck; adorn.
- To wrap up or otherwise conceal; clothe; envelop.
- A person who dances the bop.
- A drinking vessel filled to the brim.
- Anything large or successful.
- Parts at the front and back of a vehicle which are meant to absorb the impact of a collision; fender
- Any mechanical device used to absorb an impact, soften a collision, or protect against impact
- Someone or something that bumps.
- A bouncer.
- A side wall of a pool table.
- A short ditty or jingle used to separate a show from the advertisements.
- A covered house at a theatre, etc., in honour of some favourite performer.
- A woman's posterior, particularly one that is considered full and desirable.
- An extra musician (not notated in the score) who assists the principal French horn by playing less-exposed passages, so that the principal can save their 'lip' for difficult solos. Also applied to other sections of the orchestra.
- Large; filled to the bumpers at the top of a silo.
- A very strong, coarse cloth, made from jute, flax or hemp, and used to make sacks etc.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from capric acid
- Of or pertaining to the subfamily Caprinae of ruminants, of which the goat (genus Capra) is the type.
- Any member of the subfamily Caprinae.
- The triglyceride of capric acid; a constituent of butterfat
- One who is holding a captive or captives.
- One who catches or has caught or captured something or someone.
- To carjack, steal a vehicle forcibly from someone.
- Any of the eight bones of the wrist (carpus).
- Of or pertaining to the carpus.
- One of the individual female reproductive organs in a flower. A carpel is composed of an ovary, a style, and a stigma, although some flowers have carpels without a distinct style. In origin, carpels are leaves (megasporophylls) that have evolved to enclose the ovules. The term pistil is sometimes used to refer to a single carpel or to several carpels fused together.
- A fabric used as a complete floor covering.
- Any surface or cover resembling a carpet or fulfilling its function.
- A wrought cover for tables.
- A woman's pubic hair.
- To lay carpet, or to have carpet installed, in an area.
- To substantially cover something, as a carpet does; to blanket something.
- To reprimand.
- To attach (a boat) to the roof of an automobile for transportation.
- one of the Magi.
- name, more popular in the form Jasper.
- name, an occasional variant of Caspar.
- A white person
- A city in Wyoming
- A mountain in Wyoming
- In a good mood; happy and energetic.
- Making chirping noises.
- An electronic device which uses a piezoelectric transducer to make chirping noise, often designed to be hidden and function as an annoyance
- Specifically, a version of the above designed to be thrown for placement. Similar to a throwie.
- A numeric character.
- Any text character.
- A combination or interweaving of letters, as the initials of a name; a device; a monogram.
- A method of transforming a text in order to conceal its meaning.
- A cryptographic system using an algorithm that converts letters or sequences of bits into ciphertext.
- Ciphertext; a message concealed via a cipher.
- A grouping of three digits in a number, especially when delimited by commas or periods:
- A design of interlacing initials: a decorative design consisting of a set of interlaced initials.
- A fault in an organ valve which causes a pipe to sound continuously without the key having been pressed.
- A hip-hop jam session.
- The path (usually circular) shared cannabis takes through a group, an occasion of cannabis smoking.
- Someone or something of no importance.
- To calculate.
- A machine that copies graphical material; a duplicator.
- A person who copies documents.
- A program or process that copies.
- A helicopter.
- To helicopter: to transport by helicopter.
- To helicopter: to travel by helicopter.
- To move like a helicopter.
- A dead body.
- A human body in general, whether living or dead.
- To lose control during a performance and laugh uncontrollably.
- Resembling a corpse; resembling that of a corpse.
- A collection of writings, often on a specific topic, of a specific genre, from a specific demographic or a particular author, etc.
- A body, a collection.
- A cramping of muscles, especially in the abdomen or uterus.
- Characterised by cramp.
- of To form into ringlets; to curl; to crimp.
- of very low quality.
- The tree Carapa guianensis.
- Of very poor quality; unpleasant; distasteful.
- Bad, sick, or depressed.
- Covered in crap (faeces/feces).
- Producing an uneasy fearful sensation, as of things crawling over one's skin.
- Strangely repulsive.
- Having a crimped appearance; frizzly.
- Having a crisp texture; brittle yet tender.
- The well-baked fat on the surface of a piece of roasted meat.
- An Irish republican rebel.
- That part of an animal that corresponds to the human buttocks
- Of, pertaining to, suggestive of, or caused by croup.
- One who performs the operation of cupping.
- Someone with a specific bra size.
- A coffee aficionado.
- An intercollegiate sporting competition, open to all colleges.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from, copper; containing copper.
- Containing copper with an oxidation number of 2
- The hindquarters or the rump of a horse, a strap under the girth of a horse's saddle to stop the saddle from kicking forward
- The rump, the posterior.
- Any freshwater ostracod of the family Cyprididae
- between Europe and the Middle East, in the Mediterranean Sea. Member state of the European Union since 2004. Official name: Republic of Cyprus.
- Island between Europe and the Middle East, in the
- Something that damps or checks:
- A valve or movable plate in the flue or other part of a stove, furnace, etc., used to check or regulate the draught of air.
- A contrivance (sordine), as in a pianoforte, to deaden vibrations; or, as in other pieces of mechanism, to check some action at a particular time.
- Something that kills the mood.
- A device that decreases the oscillations of a system.
- Bread made from a basic recipe of flour, water, milk, and salt, but without yeast.
- Neat, trim.
- Stylishly dressed, neatly dressed, spiffy.
- To pluck off; to crop; to gather.
- To comport (oneself); to behave.
- To evict, especially from a country.
- A textile fabric having a diamond-shaped pattern formed by alternating directions of thread.
- A towel or napkin made from such fabric.
- An absorbent garment worn by a baby, by a young child not yet toilet trained, or by an older person who is incontinent; a nappy.
- The diamond pattern associated with diaper textiles.
- Surface decoration of any sort which consists of the constant repetition of one or more simple figures or units of design evenly spaced.
- To put diapers on someone.
- To draw flowers or figures, as upon cloth.
- An intrusion of a ductile rock into an overburden.
- An Anabaptist or Baptist.
- Tending to form drape-like folds.
- dripping or tending to drip.
- tending to be rainy or wet.
- tiresome or annoying.
- Tending to droop; sagging; wilting.
- Swelling, edema, often from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease COPD.
- The Drukpa Kagyu (also Drukpa Kargyu) school of Tibetan Buddhism.
- Of, from, or pertaining to Bhutan or the Bhutanese people.
- Sometimes (more narrowly) pertaining to the main ethnic group within Bhutan.
- Pertaining to the Drukpa Kagyu (Drukpa Kargyu) or Drukpa sect of Tibetan Buddhism.
- A small one-man diesel-powered vehicle often used to carry loads and material around, often on building sites.
- A dropper of refuse, particularly not in landfill sites/recycling sites.
- One who dumps a boyfriend or girlfriend; the one of a romantic couple who terminates the relationship.
- The act or practice of duping; the condition of being deceived.
- form of (a kind of bottle)
- A cap or cover to protect the ear from cold.
- The ear lobe.
- A flap connected to headgear to protect the ear (against the cold, or physical harm); an earflap.
- electrically erasable programmable read-only memory
- Agent noun of elope; one who elopes.
- An empire; the status or dominion of an emperor.
- Absolute power or authority.
- Following or imitating a style popular during the (1804–1814).
- Having the waistline just below the bust; featuring an empire waist.
- Produced in a dependency of the British Empire or Commonwealth of Nations.
- fascinated, enraptured
- To catch something in a trap or snare.
- To lure someone, either into a dangerous situation, or into performing an illegal act.
- To wrap around, surround; to envelop
- To absorb completely or engross
- The governor or prefect of a province.
- The ruler of an eparchy.
- The metropolitan bishop of a province or eparchy.
- An immature medusoid stage of a scyphozoan jellyfish once it breaks off from its segmenting polyp.
- any diastereoisomer that has the opposite configuration at only one of the stereogenic centres
- An inhabitant or a resident of ancient or modern Epirus, in northwest Greece and southern Albania.
- A traditional geographic region lying partly in northwestern Greece (where it includes Arta, Ioannina, Preveza and Thesprotia) and partly in southern Albania (an area known as Northern Epirus).
- A larger historical kingdom in roughly the same region, widely extended by the Greek general and king Pyrrhus during the early Hellenistic period.
- One of the thirteen peripheries (administrative regions) of modern Greece.
- On the dorsal side of the tail.
- A boney or cartilaginous neural spine on the epural side of a fish's axial column, sometimes supporting fin-rays.
- The side of the ditch next to the parapet in a fortification; the scarp.
- To make into, or furnish with, a steep slope, like that of a scarp.
- end, termination, expiration
- A quarter (fourth part) used especially as a unit of mass or capacity.
- Dowdy, unkempt, or unfashionable.
- Ill- or bad-tempered.
- a rumour, or an erroneous or improbable story.
- A ball hit through the regions between the outfielders.
- Someone who is on or has done a gap year, or a break from study.
- One who gips (i.e., cleans fish in preparation for curing).
- A monumental tower, usually ornate, at the entrance of a temple, especially in Southern India.
- Grandpa, grandfather.
- Old man.
- Resembling grapes, grape-like.
- Of, or pertaining to, grapes.
- One who gripes.
- An oppressor or extortioner.
- Tending to gripe.
- Tending to grip well.
- Afflicted with, or relating to, grippe, or influenza.
- Unhappy, dissatisfied and/or irritable.
- A large basket, usually with a cover, used for the packing and carrying of articles or small animals; as,
- To put into a hamper.
- To put a hamper or fetter on; to shackle; to ensnare; to inveigle; hence, to impede in motion or progress; to embarrass; to encumber.
- A shackle; a fetter; anything which impedes.
- Articles ordinarily indispensable, but in the way at certain times.
- A complex organ (having hooks and suckers) in some parasitic worms
- One who heaps, piles, or amasses.
- One who helps; an aide.
- A person who does cleaning and cooking in a family home, or in a market.
- A young salmon; a parr.
- Hesperus, the evening star
- to walk with a limp, to drag a limb, to walk lamely; to move with a gait somewhere between walking and crawling.
- To weaken; to affect negatively; to have a diminishing effect on.
- To grow worse; to deteriorate.
- Not fit or appropriate.
- To enclose or confine in, or as if in, a park.
- To enclose or fence in (land) to make a park.
- To hold discourse; to parley.
- To have time before pleading; to have delay for mutual adjustment.
- A form of live entertainment characterized by improvisation and interaction with the audience.
- Not pure
- Defiled by sin or guilt; unholy or unhallowed
- Unchaste or obscene
- Not virgin, having previously had sexual intercourse
- to defile; to pollute
- To break into.
- To enter forcibly or uninvited.
- To rapidly increase or intensify.
- A line connecting parts of the Earth's surface that have the same geomagnetic properties
- The state capital of Rajasthan (India).
- A musical style resembling the waltz, performed in Venezuela and Colombia.
- A Venezuelan dance associated with this music.
- A large city in India, in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- A kshatriya Punjabi surname.
- One who keeps something.
- A person or thing worth keeping.
- A person charged with guarding or caring for, storing, or maintaining something; a custodian, a guard; sometimes a gamekeeper.
- The player charged with guarding a goal or wicket. Short form of goalkeeper, wicketkeeper.
- A part of a mechanism that catches or retains another part, for example the part of a door lock that fits in the frame and receives the bolt.
- An offensive play in which the quarterback runs toward the goal with the ball after it is snapped.
- One who remains or keeps in a place or position.
- A fruit or vegetable that keeps for some time without spoiling.
- A ceremonial sword that must be worn at all times by baptized Sikhs, and one of the five Ks.
- One who takes part in lamping, or hunting with bright lights.
- A lamprey.
- to beat or thrash
- backchat or rudeness
- One who limps.
- One who limps (one who calls the big blind in the preflop betting round).
- A person who lops.
- A gardening tool used for lopping
- To turn sour and coagulate from too long standing, as milk.
- One who maps.
- A designer of levels for video games.
- violation of an imaginary or trivial law
- A large city in India, in the state of Maharashtra.
- Household linen, especially table linen.
- for someone who sold table linen, or was in charge of the linen of a great house.
- Scottish mathematician etc
- name transferred from the surname.
- A city in New Zealand.
- A village in Western Cape, South Africa.
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- An ancient city in Sumer, modern Nuffar in Afak Al-Qādisiyyah Governorate, Iraq.
- An object found in a very unusual or apparently impossible archaeological context (like the found in an allegedly 500,000-year-old geode) which would challenge conventional historiography and chronology if authentic.
- A person who opens something.
- A device that opens something; specifically a tin-opener/can-opener, or a bottle opener.
- The player who starts the betting.
- (in plural openers) Cards of sufficient value to enable a player to open the betting.
- A person employed to separate sheets of hot metal that become stuck together.
- The first act in a variety show or concert.
- A batsman who normally plays in the first two positions of an innings.
- The first in a series of events, items etc.; the first remark or sentence of a conversation.
- The first game played in a competition.
- The first goal or point scored.
- A unit of genetic material that functions in a coordinated manner by means of an operator, a promoter, and structural genes that are transcribed together.
- A person, especially a minor, both or (rarely) one of whose parents have died.
- A person, especially a minor, whose parents have permanently abandoned them.
- A young animal with no mother.
- Anything that is unsupported, as by its source, provider or caretaker, by reason of the supporter's demise or decision to abandon.
- A single line of type, beginning a paragraph, at the bottom of a column or page.
- Any unreferenced object.
- Deprived of parents (also
- Remaining after the removal of some form of support.
- To deprive of parents
- To make unavailable, as by removing the last remaining pointer or reference to.
- Of or pertaining to Orphism.
- Having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding.
- Any of several temperate succulent plants, of the family Crassulaceae, that have clusters of purple flowers.
- A bird of prey (Pandion haliaetus) that feeds on fish and has white underparts and long, narrow wings each ending in four finger-like extensions.
- aigrette (ornamental feather)
- To surpass in rapping (speaking lyrics in rap music); to rap better than.
- Agent noun of pad; one who pads.
- In South Asia, someone from the hills, a hill-man; specifically a member of any of various peoples living in the Himalayan regions of India and Nepal.
- Any of various Indo-European languages spoken by the Paharis, including Nepali; this group of languages or dialects considered as a whole.
- Pertaining to the Paharis or a Pahari language.
- Paleness; want of color; pallidity.
- To talk insincerely; to prevaricate or equivocate in speech or actions.
- To trifle.
- To haggle.
- To babble; to chatter.
- trashy, trivial, of little value
- meager; worthless; pitiful; trifling
- To treat with excessive care, attention or indulgence.
- To feed luxuriously.
- An ornament, composed of vine leaves and bunches of grapes, used for decorating spiral columns.
- A storehouse for bread.
- Relating to the making of bread.
- A person who furthers the illicit love-affairs of others; a pimp or procurer, especially when male.
- To pander (assist in the gratification of).
- A person who furthers the illicit love-affairs of others; a pimp or procurer. (Later panderer.)
- An offer of illicit sex with a third party.
- An illicit or illegal offer, usually to tempt.
- One who ministers to the evil designs and passions of another.
- To offer illicit sex with a third party; to pimp.
- To tempt with, to appeal or cater to (improper motivations, etc.); to assist in the gratification of.
- Agent noun of pan; one who pans.
- A small room, closet, or cabinet usually located in or near the kitchen, dedicated to food storage and/or storing kitchenware, like a larder, but smaller. Since the pantry is not typically temperature-controlled (unlike a refrigerator or root cellar), the foods stored in a pantry are usually shelf-stable staples such as grains, flours, and preserved foods.
- Official documents or identification, as a passport.
- being like paper
- Lineage, parentage; rank, especially as high or noble.
- A feudal institution that recognizes equality of rights and status between two rulers, and equality in the portions of an inheritance.
- A flourish made after or below one's signature, originally to prevent forgery.
- To add a paraph to; to sign, especially with one's initials.
- A package wrapped for shipment.
- An individual consignment of cargo for shipment, regardless of size and form.
- A division of land bought and sold as a unit.
- A group of birds.
- An indiscriminate or indefinite number, measure, or quantity; a collection; a group.
- A small amount of food that has been wrapped up, for example a pastry.
- A portion of anything taken separately; a fragment of a whole; a part.
- To wrap something up into the form of a package.
- To wrap a strip around the end of a rope.
- To divide and distribute by parts or portions; often with out or into.
- To add a parcel or item to; to itemize.
- Part or half; in part; partially.
- One of the two persons from whom one is immediately biologically descended; a mother or father.
- A surrogate mother
- A third person who has provided DNA samples in a IVF procedure in order to alter faulty genetic material
- A person who acts as a parent in rearing a child; a step-parent or adoptive parent.
- A relative.
- The source or origin of something.
- An organism from which a plant or animal is immediately biologically descended.
- Sponsor, supporter, owner, protector.
- A parent company.
- The object from which a child or derived object is descended; a node superior to another node.
- To act as parent, to raise or rear.
- Of food: that has no meat or milk in any form as an ingredient.
- Neutral, bland, inoffensive.
- To coat with gypsum or plaster stone; to plaster, for example walls, or the interior of flues.
- To paint; to cover over.
- Gypsum or plaster stone.
- Plaster, as for lining the interior of flues, or for stuccowork.
- Paint, especially for the face.
- An outcast.
- A demographic group, species, or community that is generally despised.
- Someone in exile.
- A member of one of the oppressed social castes in India.
- A person who is rejected (from society or home).
- A narcotic snuff prepared from the seeds of Anadenanthera peregrina, a South American tree.
- Equality; comparability of strength or intensity.
- A set with the property of having all of its elements belonging to one of two disjoint subsets, especially a set of integers split in subsets of even and odd elements.
- The classification of an element of a set with parity into one of the two sets.
- Symmetry of interactions under spatial inversion.
- In reversi, the last move within a given sector of the board.
- The number of times a woman has given birth.
- The number of times a sow has farrowed.
- Left somewhere when not in use.
- To carry forward the stake and winnings from a bet onto a subsequent wager.
- To increase.
- To speak about peace. To have peace talks. See also: pow-wow.
- To convert into something better.
- Such a bet or series of bets.
- A negotiation session, especially one negotiating a treaty.
- A conference, especially one between enemies.
- To have a discussion, especially one between enemies.
- A work or performance that imitates another work or performance with ridicule or irony.
- A popular maxim, adage, or proverb.
- To make a parody of something.
- A sliding loop of rope or metal, around the mast of a ship, to which a yard or gaff is fitted.
- One who parses.
- A computer program that parses.
- A work in a specified number of parts.
- That which parts.
- In part, or to some degree, but not completely.
- A set of jewellery to be worn together.
- An enclosed courtyard in front of a building, especially a cathedral.
- A portico surrounding such a space.
- The porch of a church, or the room over it.
- A baked food group which contains items made from flour and fat pastes such as pie crust; also tarts, bear claws, napoleons, puff pastries, etc.
- The type of light flour-based dough used in pastries.
- The place where pastry is made.
- A pattern or die used to manufacture a matrix
- A going of the rounds along the chain of sentinels and between the posts, by a guard, usually consisting of three or four men, to insure greater security from attacks on the outposts.
- A movement, by a small body of troops beyond the line of outposts, to explore the country and gain intelligence of the enemy's whereabouts.
- The guard or men who go the rounds for observation; a detachment whose duty it is to patrol.
- Any perambulation of a particular line or district to guard it; also, the men thus guarding
- To go the rounds along a chain of sentinels; to traverse a police district or beat.
- To go the rounds of, as a sentry, guard, or policeman
- One who is extremely poor.
- One living on or eligible for public charity.
- A paver; one who lays pavement.
- One who pawns an item.
- That which reaches or forms a peak.
- form of (unit of measurement)
- A pale greyish white colour, tinted with blue.
- Of a pale greyish white colour, tinted with blue.
- Someone who or something that pecks, striking or piercing in the manner of a bird's beak or bill, particularly:
- Any tool used in a pecking fashion, particularly kinds of hoes or pickaxes.
- Any machine or machine part moving in a pecking fashion, particularly:
- A picker, a shuttle-driver: the device which moves backwards and forwards in the shuttle-box to drive the shuttle through the warp.
- A kind of V-shaped telegraphic relay.
- of, a rice mill.
- A bird, particularly a member of the group of birds including the berrypeckers, flowerpeckers, and woodpeckers.
- of (Picidae).
- An eater, a diner.
- A bird's beak or bill.
- Cock, dick; a penis.
- A nose.
- Spirits, nerve, courage.
- Short for peckerwood ("whitey; white trash")
- Short for peckerhead ("dickhead; an aggressive or objectionable idiot").
- of ("an electric motor's junction or terminal connection box, where power cords are connected to the winding leads").
- The eye.
- Someone who peeps; a spy.
- An animal, such as some frogs, having a shrill, high-pitched call.
- A private detective.
- A chicken just breaking the shell; a young bird.
- A peeping tom.
- Small, tiny.
- A Shetland sheepdog.
- a small stone or other small object, used in hopscotch.
- A person who pegs (in any sense)
- A person who, or machine that, attached the uppers to the soles of shoes using wooden pegs
- One who pelts.
- A pinchpenny; a mean, sordid person; a miser; a skinflint.
- Pelts or skins, collectively; skins with the fur on them; furs.
- A crisp, hard, thin paper, sometimes used for postage stamps.
- a village in Nebraska, USA
- a town in southern Cornwall, England, to the north of Falmouth.
- a census-designated place in Placer County, California, USA, named after Penrhyn in Wales, but with a deliberate change in spelling.
- extreme want; poverty; destitution.
- a lack of something; a dearth; barrenness; insufficiency.
- A particular city in Illinois, used to represent a typical United States city.
- A member of a Native American tribe, historically part of the
- A plant of the family Piperaceae.
- A spice prepared from the fermented, dried, unripe berries of this plant.
- A bell pepper, a fruit of the capsicum plant: red, green, yellow or white, hollow and containing seeds, and in very spicy and mild varieties.
- A game used by baseball players to warm up where fielders standing close to a batter rapidly return the batted ball to be hit again
- A randomly-generated value that is added to another value (such as a password) prior to hashing. Unlike a salt, a new one is generated for each value and it is held separately from the value.
- To add pepper to.
- To strike with something made up of small particles.
- To cover with lots of (something made up of small things).
- To add (something) at frequent intervals.
- To go through with; to perform.
- Any member of the Percidae.
- Accustomed to, or employed in, desperate enterprises; reckless; hopeless.
- Perforated initial; a series of small holes punched into a stamp and forming a letter, series of letters or other design for the purpose of preventing the unauthorized use of the stamps.
- A stamp marked with perforated initials.
- To fix surely; to appoint.
- Appropriate for a given historical era.
- Set in and designed to evoke a particular historical period, especially through the use of elaborate costumes and scenery.
- A length of time.
- A period of time in history seen as a single coherent entity; an epoch, era.
- The punctuation mark “.” (indicating the ending of a sentence or marking an abbreviation).
- The length of time during which the same characteristics of a periodic phenomenon recur, such as the repetition of a wave or the rotation of a planet.
- Female menstruation.
- A section of an artist's, writer's (etc.) career distinguished by a given quality, preoccupation etc.
- Each of the divisions into which a school day is split, allocated to a given subject or activity.
- Each of the intervals into which various sporting events are divided.
- The length of time for a disease to run its course.
- An end or conclusion; the final point of a process etc.
- A complete sentence, especially one expressing a single thought or making a balanced, rhythmic whole.
- A specific moment during a given process; a point, a stage.
- A row in the periodic table of the elements.
- A subdivision of an era, typically lasting from tens to hundreds of millions of years, see Appendix: Geologic timescale.
- A Drosophila gene which gene product is involved in regulation of the circadian rhythm.
- Two phrases (an antecedent and a consequent phrase).
- One of several similar sets of figures or terms usually marked by points or commas placed at regular intervals, as in numeration, in the extraction of roots, and in recurring decimals.
- End point, conclusion.
- To come to a period; to conclude.
- To put an end to.
- To pass away; to come to naught; to waste away; to decay and disappear.
- To die; to cease to live.
- To cause to perish.
- Any insect of the genus Perla or family .
- That has been given a permanent wave
- One who receives the profits, as of an estate.
- In a manner that is lively or high-spirited
- One of the scales of a leaf bud.
- A pouchlike portion of the perianth in certain orchids.
- An examination or perusal; an instance of perusing.
- To examine or consider with care.
- To read completely.
- To look over casually; to skim.
- To go from place to place; to wander.
- An Adriatic seaport in the Marche, Italy
- To bother, harass, or annoy persistently.
- Petroleum, a fluid consisting of a mixture of refined petroleum hydrocarbons, primarily consisting of octane, commonly used as a motor fuel.
- An alloy of approximately 93–98% tin, 1–2% copper, and the balance of antimony.
- An alloy of tin and lead.
- items made of pewter.
- A dark, dull grey colour, like that of the metal.
- Of a dark, dull grey colour, like that of the metal.
- To coat with pewter.
- An electronic device that produces special effects on the sound produced by an electric guitar etc.
- Fictional energy weapon, with multiple settings for degree of intensity, from the television series Star Trek (1966–69). New Words
- To shoot with a phaser weapon.
- A representation of a complex number in terms of a complex exponential.
- A plotted line whose length and angle represent the amplitude and phase, respectively, of a sinusoidally varying quantity such as an alternating current.
- Any fly of the family Phoridae.
- Designating a type of bitter yellow acid.
- The univalent radical, analogous to phenyl, derived from picric acid
- One who pieces; a patcher.
- A child employed in a spinning mill to tie together broken threads.
- A prefecture in north-central Greece.
- A province of Roman Syria.
- Any butterfly of the family Pieridae.
- To steal in small quantities, or articles of small value; to practise petty theft.
- A hothouse or (tropical) area used as a plantation for the cultivation of pineapple plants (genus Ananas) and production of their homonymous fruit.
- A pinewood, pinetum, forest or grove where pine trees are grown
- A device that emits a short, high-pitched sound burst, such as in sonar or other echo location systems.
- A device that periodically emits a signal that can be monitored to permit movement tracking.
- A computer program that sends a ping message over a network.
- A user of a ping program; one who pings.
- An illicit drug, especially ecstasy, taken for recreational purposes.
- A marker indicating the PIP (predicted impact point) on a head-up display.
- Robbery at sea, a violation of international law; taking a ship away from the control of those who are legally entitled to it.
- A similar violation of international law, such as hijacking of an aircraft.
- The unauthorized duplication of goods protected by intellectual property law.
- The operation of an unlicensed radio or television station.
- To whirl around, to wander aimlessly.
- To snoop or prowl
- A rough gale of wind.
- A mixture of wood ash and leaves chewed as a stimulant by Aboriginal Australians.
- Of or pertaining to a plane.
- Flat, two-dimensional.
- Able to be embedded in the plane with no edges intersecting.
- Having a flat profile, not etched into a mesa.
- The smooth serous membrane which closely covers the lungs and the adjacent surfaces of the thorax; the pleural membrane.
- A hammer (or other instrument) used to test a person's reflexes.
- A gripping tool that multiplies the strength of the user's hand
- Any of various wading birds of the family Charadriidae.
- One who collects pods or pulse.
- The balancer of dipterous insects.
- Tending towards a pole.
- To wonder, to think of deeply.
- To consider (something) carefully and thoroughly; to chew over, to mull over.
- To weigh.
- A period of deep thought.
- In a poor manner or condition; without plenty, or sufficiency, or suitable provision for comfort.
- With little or no success; indifferently; with little profit or advantage.
- Meanly; without spirit.
- Without skill or merit.
- ill, unwell, sick
- The teachings, practices and accoutrements of the Roman Catholic Church.
- The act of one who pores.
- The point on the human skull located at the upper margin of each ear canal, and underlying the tragus.
- A proposition affirming the possibility of finding such conditions as will render a certain determinate problem indeterminate or capable of innumerable solutions.
- A corollary.
- Any coral of the genus or family .
- A pig, especially a castrated male, being fattened and raised for slaughter.
- An obese person.
- A lie (from Cockney rhyming slang pork pie).
- Full of tiny pores that allow fluids or gasses to pass through.
- (Of legislation) full of loopholes
- With many gaps.
- A scallion; a leek or small onion.
- Somewhat fat, pudgy, overweight.
- Having a dignified bearing; handsome, imposing.
- One who affects some behaviour, style, attitude or other condition, often to impress or influence others.
- A commotion, a tempest.
- To make a bustle or stir; to be fussy.
- One who, or that which, pours.
- A person who habitually pouts; a sourpuss
- A breed of pigeon that inflates its crop
- The fine particles which are the result of reducing dry substance by pounding, grinding, or triturating, or the result of decay; dust.
- A mixture of fine dry, sweet-smelling particles applied to the face or other body parts, to reduce shine or to alleviate chaffing.
- An explosive mixture used in gunnery, blasting, etc.; gunpowder.
- Light, dry, fluffy snow.
- To reduce to fine particles; to pound, grind, or rub into a powder.
- To sprinkle with powder, or as if with powder.
- To use powder on the hair or skin.
- To turn into powder; to become powdery.
- To sprinkle with salt; to corn, as meat.
- form of (a kind of pigeon)
- name commonly used in India.
- The capital city of the Czech Republic.
- commendation; favourable representation in words
- To give praise to.
- Wisdom; understanding; insight.
- The act of prancing.
- To spring forward on the hind legs.
- To strut about.
- Of an animal, especially a horse, tending to prance.
- Having the character of a prank
- Food used as a religious offering.
- Resembling prawn, prawn-like.
- A practice of communicating with one's God.
- The act of praying.
- The specific words or methods used for praying.
- A meeting held for the express purpose of praying.
- A request; a petition.
- The remotest hope or chance.
- One who prays.
- To act or perform beforehand.
- To subject (a material) to extreme conditions to simulate the effects of age.
- Before a takeover bid.
- an unincorporated community in Adams County, Indiana, USA.
- a town in Cortland County, New York, USA.
- A prefabricated building.
- A prefabricated section of a building.
- A single-storey prefabricated home built in many British cities immediately after World War II, intended to have a short life, but in a few cases still in use.
- To prefabricate.
- To be in the habit of choosing something rather than something else; to favor; to like better.
- To advance, promote (someone or something).
- To present or submit (something) to an authority (now usually in "to prefer charges").
- To put forward for acceptance; to introduce, recommend (
- Any course of study taken by an undergraduate in preparation for study at a law school.
- Something preliminary, such as a trial, report, race, etc.