Page 1 from 15
Total results: 14801
- A canton of Switzerland (its German name).
- One who, or that which, abases.
- A person who, without right, enters into a freehold on the death of the last possessor, before the heir or devisee.
- One who abates, ends, or does away with a nuisance.
- One who abides, or continues.
- One who dwells or stays; a resident.
- The manufacture or sale of liquors or drugs.
- A revenue tax on the manufacture or sale of liquors and drugs. 1976
- Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral)
- Situated opposite to, or away from, the mouth.
- To rub or wear off; erode.
- To wear down or exhaust, as a person; irritate.
- To irritate by rubbing; chafe.
- To cause the surface to become more rough.
- To undergo abrasion.
- To wrench (something) out.
- To wake up.
- To spring, start, make a sudden movement.
- To shout out.
- To rise in the stomach with nausea.
- A variation in color (often applied to Oriental rugs).
- A red ocher used to darken mahogany and for making chloride of potassium.
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- At large; widely; broadly; over a wide space.
- Without a certain confine; outside the house; away from one's abode.
- Beyond the bounds of a country; in foreign countries.
- Before the public at large; throughout society or the world; here and there; moving without restriction.
- Not on target; astray; in error; confused; dazed.
- Played elsewhere than one's home grounds.
- Countries or lands abroad.
- Throughout, over.
- Upon a brood; on a hatch.
- Upon a brood; hatching eggs.
- Broken away (from restraint).
- Without notice to prepare the mind for the event; sudden; hasty; unceremonious.
- Curt in manner; brusque; rude; uncivil; impolite.
- Having sudden transitions from one subject or state to another; unconnected; disjointed.
- Broken off.
- Extremely steep or craggy as if broken up; precipitous.
- Suddenly terminating, as if cut off; truncate.
- To tear off or asunder.
- To interrupt suddenly.
- Something which is abrupt; an abyss.
- To include so that it no longer has separate existence; to overwhelm; to cause to disappear as if by swallowing up; to incorporate; to assimilate; to take in and use up.
- To engulf, as in water; to swallow up.
- To suck up; to drink in; to imbibe, like a sponge or as the lacteals of the body; to chemically take in.
- To take in energy and convert it, as
- in receiving a physical impact or vibration without recoil.
- in receiving sound energy without repercussion or echo.
- taking in radiant energy and converting it to a different form of energy, like heat.
- To engross or engage wholly; to occupy fully
- To occupy or consume time.
- Assimilate mentally.
- To assume or pay for as part of a commercial transaction.
- To defray the costs.
- To accept or purchase in quantity.
- In a bursting condition.
- One who abuses someone or something.
- One who uses in an illegal or wrongful use.
- Any parasitic arachnid, such as mites and ticks, of the subclass Acarina.
- Of or pertaining to acarids.
- Agreement or concurrence of opinion, will, or action.
- A harmony in sound, pitch and tone; concord.
- Agreement or harmony of things in general.
- An agreement between parties in controversy, by which satisfaction for an injury is stipulated, and which, when executed, prevents a lawsuit.
- An international agreement.
- Voluntary or spontaneous impulse to act.
- To make to agree or correspond; to suit one thing to another; to adjust.
- To bring (people) to an agreement; to reconcile, settle, adjust or harmonize.
- To agree or correspond; to be in harmony.
- To agree in pitch and tone.
- To grant as suitable or proper; to concede or award.
- To give consent.
- To arrive at an agreement.
- To increase, to augment; to come to by way of increase; to arise or spring as a growth or result; to be added as increase, profit, or damage, especially as the produce of money lent.
- To be incurred as a result of the passage of time.
- To become an enforceable and permanent right.
- Something that accrues; advantage accruing
- Pertaining to, or obtained from, the maple.
- (syn. similar to arrowroot: the the seeds of which yield a purple dye.
- The edible rhizome of this plant.
- Of, pertaining to, or located in an acinus.
- the congenital absence of the pupil in an eye
- Excessive eating due to a lack of the sensation of satiety.
- In political philosophy, the negation of rule or "government." A society with the absence of coercion; one of voluntary order.
- weakness of will.
- crawling, teeming
- To weaken, impair, or enfeeble in mind, body, or estate; craze.
- The lowest groups of animals, in which no nervous system has been observed.
- To, toward or from the far side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- On the opposite side of (something that lies between two points of interest).
- across from: on the opposite side, relative to something that lies between, from (a point of interest).
- From one side to the other within (a space being traversed).
- At or near the far end of (a space).
- So as to intersect or pass through or over at an angle.
- In possession of full, up-to-date information about; abreast of.
- From one side to the other.
- On the other side.
- In a particular direction.
- A word that runs horizontally in the completed puzzle grid or its associated clue.
- Like, characteristic, or typical of an actor
- To exhort; to advise.
- At the door; of the door.
- Located near the mouth.
- Full of dread; fearful.
- Floating at random.
- Absent from his watch.
- Behind one's opponents, or below a required threshold in terms of score, number or position.
- In a drifting condition; at the mercy of wind and waves.
- Deft, dexterous, or skillful.
- To accumulate on a surface, by adsorption
- An advertisement, an ad.
- To turn attention.
- To call attention, refer; construed with to.
- To supply oxygen or air.
- Living or taking place in the air.
- Made up of air or gas; gaseous.
- Positioned high up; elevated.
- Ethereal, insubstantial; imaginary.
- Pertaining to the air or atmosphere; atmospheric.
- Pertaining to a vehicle which travels through the air; airborne; relating to or conducted by means of aircraft.
- A rod, wire, or other structure for receiving or transmitting radio, television signals etc.
- A move, as in dancing or skateboarding, involving one or both feet leaving the ground.
- Aerial photography.
- To mix with air.
- To vapourise.
- In an aerial manner
- atmospherically (all senses)
- Any organism (but especially a bacterium) that can tolerate the presence of oxygen, or that needs oxygen to survive
- That which is done or is to be done; matter; concern; business of any kind, commercial, professional, or public; — often in the plural.
- Any proceeding or action which it is wished to refer to or characterize vaguely.
- An action or engagement not of sufficient magnitude to be called a battle.
- A material object (vaguely designated).
- An adulterous relationship (from affaire de cœur).
- A party or social gathering, especially of a formal nature.
- The (male or female) genitals.
- To assess or reduce an arbitrary penalty or amercement to a precise sum; to fix the market value of.
- To confirm; to assure.
- To agree, verify or concur; to answer positively.
- To assert positively; to tell with confidence; to aver; to maintain as true.
- To support or encourage.
- To make firm; to confirm, or ratify; especially to assert or confirm, as a judgment, decree, or order, brought before an appellate court for review.
- To incur, stand, or bear without serious detriment, as an act which might under other circumstances be injurious;—with an auxiliary, as can, could, might, etc.; to be able or rich enough.
- To offer, provide, or supply, as in selling, granting, expending, with profit, or without loss or too great injury.
- To give forth; to supply, yield, or produce as the natural result, fruit, or issue.
- To give, grant, or confer, with a remoter reference to its being the natural result; to provide; to furnish.
- To strike; to strike down.
- The act of suddenly disturbing any one; an assault or attack.
- A tumultuous assault or quarrel.
- The fighting of two or more persons, in a public place, to the terror of others.
- To startle from quiet; to alarm.
- To frighten; to scare; to frighten away.
- Impressed with fear or apprehension; in fear.
- regretful, sorry
- Anew; again; once more; newly.
- A member of a Pashtun tribe.
- in front; face to face
- in front of
- Any of various fungi, principally of the order Agaricales, having fruiting bodies consisting of umbrella-like caps, on stalks, with numerous gills beneath.
- A dried fruiting body of a fungus formerly used in medicine, (now formerly
- Glaring (either verb sense)
- In the act of groping.
- The smooth appearance of the brain in cases of lissencephaly.
- On the back of a horse; on horseback.
- In an airy manner; lightly; gaily; jauntily; flippantly.
- An exposure to warm or fresh air.
- A public expression of an opinion or discussion of a subject.
- Cool, breezy.
- Tending to put on airs.
- A pilot of an aircraft.
- A member of an air force.
- A person of a rank in the U.S. Air Force above Airman Basic and below Airman First Class.
- The trachea.
- A flight path used by aeroplanes.
- A member of an order of ascetic monks in parts of India
- A monastery used by this order
- A historic king of the Visigoths.
- A danger signal or warning.
- A call to arms.
- To sound alarums, to sound an alarm.
- The bleak, a small European fish with silvery scales.
- vinegar produced from fermented ale.
- gay; cheerful; sprightly
- name, in use mainly in the 18th and 19th century.
- Pertaining to the alula.
- A valuable East Indian fiber plant (Hibiscus cannabinus), or its fiber, used throughout India for making ropes, cordage, and a coarse canvas and sackcloth.
- The juice from chewing tobacco.
- Like or resembling amber.
- To impose a fine on; to fine.
- To punish; to make an exaction.
- Neither moral nor immoral.
- Not believing in or caring for morality and immorality.
- An amorous girl or woman; a wanton.
- A petty love affair.
- A love knot, love token, or love song.
- a null mutation.
- a mutation that causes a complete loss of gene function.
- Covered with pimples.
- Weak; unhealthy; beginning to decay.
- An amphibious vehicle of a class introduced in World War II.
- The sediment in olive oil.
- Someone who amuses.
- One who diverts attention, usually to distract or bewilder, often for fraudulent purposes; hence a cheat, deceiver or thief.
- One of a class of rogues who carry snuff or dust in their pockets, which they throw into the eyes of people so as to enable their accomplices to rob them while pretending to help them.
- The capital of Chukotka autonomous okrug, extreme north-eastern Russia
- The author of anarchy; one who excites revolt.
- A wen or spongy wart on the legs or flanks of a horse.
- A tool used to moor a vessel to the bottom of a sea or river to resist movement.
- An iron device so shaped as to grip the bottom and hold a vessel at her berth by the chain or rope attached. (FM 55-501).
- The combined anchoring gear (anchor, rode, bill/peak and fittings such as bitts, cat, and windlass.)
- Representation of the nautical tool, used as a heraldic charge.
- Any instrument serving a purpose like that of a ship's anchor, such as an arrangement of timber to hold a dam fast; a device to hold the end of a bridge cable etc.; or a device used in metalworking to hold the core of a mould in place.
- A marked point in a document that can be the target of a hyperlink.
- An anchorman or anchorwoman.
- The final runner in a relay race.
- A point that is touched by the draw hand or string when the bow is fully drawn and ready to shoot.
- A superstore or other facility that serves as a focus to bring customers into an area.
- That which gives stability or security.
- A metal tie holding adjoining parts of a building together.
- Carved work, somewhat resembling an anchor or arrowhead; part of the ornaments of certain mouldings. It is seen in the echinus, or egg-and-anchor (called also egg-and-dart, egg-and-tongue) ornament.
- One of the anchor-shaped spicules of certain sponges.
- One of the calcareous spinules of certain holothurians, as in species of Synapta.
- To hold an object, especially a ship or a boat to a fixed point.
- To cast anchor; to come to anchor.
- To stop; to fix or rest.
- To provide emotional stability for a person in distress.
- To perform as an anchorman or anchorwoman.
- To be stuck; to be unable to move away from a position.
- A state in India between 1953 and 1956, formed from Madras Presidency. It was later merged with Telangana and formed Andhra Pradesh.
- The first Apostle in the New Testament.
- A village in Alberta, Canada
- A city in Iowa
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia
- In Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, the apartment reserved for males, in the lower part of the house.
- An island of the Cyclades, Greece.
- An island in the Bahamas.
- Dilute or disorganized energy, which cannot be transformed into work.
- Deficiency of energy.
- Lack of immunity to an antigen.
- A river in Russia.
- The right of one belligerant (government) in a conflict to seize, use or destroy the property of another belligerent or neutral state, or the private citizens thereof, provided compensation is paid.
- A region of Cambodia that served as the seat of the Khmer Empire, which flourished from approximately the 9th to 15th centuries.
- Any diastereoisomer of a sugar or derivative differing in configuration only at C-1 of an aldose or C-2 of a ketose.
- A response or reply; something said or done in reaction to a statement or question.
- A solution to a problem.
- A document filed in response to a complaint, responding to each point raised in the complaint and raising counterpoints.
- To make a reply or response to.
- To speak in defence against; to reply to in defence.
- To respond to a call by someone at a door or telephone, or other similar piece of equipment.
- To suit a need or purpose satisfactorily.
- To be accountable or responsible; to make amends.
- To file a document in response to a complaint.
- To correspond to; to be in harmony with; to be in agreement with.
- To be opposite, or to act in opposition.
- To be or act in conformity, or by way of accommodation, correspondence, relation, or proportion; to conform; to correspond; to suit; usually with to.
- To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way of explanation, argument, or justification; to refute.
- To be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, or demand.
- To render account to or for.
- To atone for; to be punished for.
- To be or act as an equivalent to, or as adequate or sufficient for; to serve for; to repay.
- The pollen-bearing part of the stamen of a flower.
- A poison obtained from the upas tree.
- Of or pertaining to an antrum.
- A county in the north-east of Northern Ireland, also known as County Antrim.
- A town in Northern Ireland that is the administrative centre of County Antrim.
- Strange, rare, unusual.
- A bodily cavity, especially one having bony walls, especially one in the sinuses.
- name used by many people in or from India.
- Any amphibian of the order Anura; a frog, a toad.
- Of or relating to the order Anura.
- A condition in which the kidneys do not produce urine.
- Of, pertaining to, causing or afflicted with anuria.
- Aomori Prefecture in Tohoku area (Northern-East area) of Japan.
- A city in Aomori prefecture, Japan, the capital of Aomori prefecture.
- Of or relating to the aorta.
- A place where bees and their hives are kept.
- Having no polarity
- Having no dipole
- Orthogonal under the polar pairing between the symmetric algebra of a vector space and its dual.
- To become impaired; to grow worse.
- To come or be in sight; to be in view; to become visible.
- To come before the public.
- To stand in presence of some authority, tribunal, or superior person, to answer a charge, plead a cause, etc.; to present oneself as a party or advocate before a court, or as a person to be tried.
- To become visible to the apprehension of the mind; to be known as a subject of observation or comprehension, or as a thing proved; to be obvious or manifest.
- To seem; to have a certain semblance; to look.
- The supposed paranormal transference of an object from one place to another, or the appearance of an object from an unknown source, often associated with poltergeist activity and séances.
- A carbohydrate, isomeric with cane sugar, found in gum arabic.
- Mucilage, especially that made of gum arabic.
- Able to be plowed or tilled, capable of growing crops (traditionally contrasted with pasturable lands such as heaths).
- Under cultivation (within any quinquennial period) for the production of crops sown and harvested within the same agricultural year (contrasted with permanently-cropped lands such as orchards).
- Any member of the family the flat bugs.
- A transliteration of the Arabic surname.
- Any of a class of strong, heat-resistant synthetic fibres, used in aerospace and military applications.
- Along with Athos and Porthos, one of the Three Musketeers.
- The wood of the strawberry tree.
- A row of arches.
- A covered passage, usually with shops on both sides.
- An establishment that runs coin-operated games.
- A poetic term for Arcadia, an ancient region of Greece with a tradition of rural, bucolic innocence.
- Specialized knowledge that is mysterious to the uninitiated.
- understood by only a few
- obscure, mysterious
- requiring secret or mysterious knowledge to understand.
- A violet dye obtained from several species of lichen ( etc.), which grow on maritime rocks in the Canary and Cape Verde Islands, etc.
- The plant from which the dye is obtained.
- In an arch manner; slyly.
- A chief magistrate of ancient Athens.
- A ruler, head of state or other leader.
- A supernatural being subordinate to the Demiurge.
- The shape or motion of something that arcs.
- Of or pertaining to an arc.
- Any member of the family Ardeidae, the herons, egrets and bitterns.
- Full of ardor; fervent, passionate.
- Burning; glowing; shining.
- To reach for, get at, obtain, get hold of.
- The capital city of Arezzo.
- The greater adjutant, a stork native to Africa, India, and Southeast Asia.
- Of or relating to an Argand lamp, a lamp with a hollow circular wick.
- Of or pertaining to the mythical ship Argo.
- The metal silver.
- The white or silver tincture on a coat of arms.
- Whiteness; anything that is white.
- of silver or silver-coloured.
- of white or silver tincture on a coat of arms.
- Pertaining to the mythical ship Argo.
- to argue without any aim; to dispute; wrangle; to disagree
- Sharp; perceptive; shrewd.
- melodic and song-like.
- A musical style, in opera and oratorio, that is more melodic than recitative, but less so than aria
- A sedimentary rock consisting of small fragments of feldspar and quartz similar to a coarse sand.
- name, a less common spelling of Arlene.
- name, variant of Arlene.
- name, an older variant of Arlene.
- a town in Northern Ireland, which is the county town of County Armagh.
- one of the six traditional counties in Northern Ireland, known as County Armagh.
- The amount an arm or arms can hold.
- A piece of tallow or soap put in the cavity and over the bottom of a sounding lead to pick up samples of the bottom of the sea.
- The act of supplying with arms and ammunition in preparation of a conflict
- One of the red dress cloths formerly hung fore and aft outside of a ship's upper works on holidays.
- A band that is worn on the arm that for ornamental or identification purposes.
- A small arm.
- A protective layer over a body, vehicle, or other object intended to deflect or diffuse damaging forces.
- A natural form of this kind of protection on an animal's body.
- Metal plate, protecting a ship, military vehicle, or aircraft.
- A tank, or other heavy mobile assault vehicle.
- A military formation consisting primarily of tanks or other armoured fighting vehicles, collectively.
- The naturally occurring surface of pebbles, rocks or boulders that line the bed of a waterway or beach and provide protection against erosion.
- To equip something with armour or a protective coating or hardening.
- To provide something with an analogous form of protection.
- a small city in South Dakota, USA
- The cavity beneath the junction of the arm and shoulder.
- Somewhere or something considered unpleasant or undesirable.
- A fabric woven with a raised pattern similar to chain mail.
- An inhabitant of Albania and neighboring mountainous regions, especially an Albanian serving in the Turkish army.
- to dispel, to drive away
- Defining a circle or closed curve containing a thing.
- Following the perimeter of a specified area and returning to the starting point.
- Following a path which curves near an object, with the object on the inside of the curve.
- Near; in the vicinity of.
- At various places in.
- Alive; existing.
- From place to place.
- From one state or condition to an opposite or very different one; with a metaphorical change in direction; bringing about awareness or agreement.
- Partially or completely rotated, including to face in the opposite direction.
- To stimulate feelings.
- To sexually stimulate.
- To wake from sleep or stupor.
- A pre-metric French unit of length, having various official measures.
- A pre-metric French unit of area, having various official measures.
- Towards the rear, backwards.
- Behind time; overdue.
- Work to be done, obligation.
- Unpaid debt.
- To direct.
- To impute.
- Lifted up; raised; erect.
- Attentive, like a person listening.
- To please; to gratify.
- Short darts feathered at the ends.
- Consisting of arrows.
- Formed or moving like, or in any respect resembling, an arrow; swift; darting; piercing.
- An obsolete Russian length unit, equal to 71.12 centimeters.
- An efferent blood vessel from the heart, conveying blood away from the heart regardless of oxygenation status; see pulmonary artery.
- A major transit corridor.
- Performed with, or characterized by, art or skill.
- Artificial; imitative.
- Using or exhibiting much art, skill, or contrivance; dexterous; skillful.
- Cunning; disposed to cunning indirectness of dealing; crafty; as, an artful boy. [The usual sense.]
- A village in Illinois
- A city in Iowa
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- A village in Nebraska
- A ghost town in Nevada
- A city in North Dakota
- A town and a community in Wisconsin
- Guinness stout.
- even; not odd; said of elementary substances and radicals whose valence is divisible by two without a remainder.
- In an arty fashion.
- A person who creates art.
- A person who creates art as an occupation.
- A person who is skilled at some activity.
- A recording artist.
- An aboriginal language of Australia
- A city in northeastern Tanzania.
- The realm of the Æsir gods.
- A depository for ashes.
- A place where potash is made.
- A large cuboid stone; masonry making use of such stone blocks.
- A hurling stone used in warfare.
- On the land as opposed to onboard.
- On, or towards the shore.
- A secluded religious hermitage inhabited by gurus, or the population of such a hermitage.
- A member of a local African military or police unit, usually one serving in a European colonial force.
- The capital of Eritrea.
- Forest land cleared for agriculture.
- The act or offence of grubbing up trees and bushes, and thus destroying the thickets or coverts of a forest.
- To clear forest land for agriculture; remove stumps.
- an assertion; a section of source code which tests whether an expected condition is true.
- To declare with assurance or plainly and strongly; to state positively.
- To use or exercise and thereby prove the existence of.
- To maintain or defend, as a cause or a claim, by words or measures; to vindicate a claim or title to
- To make true; to make equal to 1.
- To sort or arrange according to characteristic or class.
- To be of a kind with.
- To be associated with; to consort with.
- To furnish with, or make up of, various sorts or a variety of goods.
- To cause to start; startle; start up; jump.
- To start up.
- To get away, escape; escape from.
- To be escaped from.
- To store; to furnish with stores.The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia, via Wordnik.com (accessed 19 March 2016)
- Relating to or resembling the stars; starry.
- Relating to an aster.
- Relating to a supposed supersensible substance taking the form of an aura discernible to certain gifted individuals.
- In a wrong or unknown and wrongly-motivated direction.
- Sticking out, or puffed out; swelling.
- In a strutting manner; with a strutting gait.
- Filled or overrun (with moving objects or beings).
- The influence of a star upon other stars or upon human beings.
- To surpass or outdo in counsel.
- Of or pertaining to an atrium, especially the atrium of the heart.
- jet-black in color.
- Venomous; poisonous.
- Cruel; fierce; ill-natured.
- Poisonous; venomous
- Purulent; containing pus or matter
- Bad-tempered; spiteful; quarrelsome; peevish; angry; hot-headed
- Cold; bleak; grim
- Cold, bleak weather.
- To transfer one's obligations from a person to another person.
- To consent to the transfer of one's obligations as tenant under a lease to a new landlord.
- To entrap; to ensnare.
- An English patronymic surname.
- name from the same source, or transferred from the surname.
- name of American usage since the 1970s.
- A divination based on the appearance and behaviour of animals.
- An omen or prediction; a foreboding; a prophecy.
- An event that is experienced as indicating important things to come.
- Any salt of auric acid.
- A gold coin, minted in the Roman Empire from approximately 100 to 309 equal to 25 denarii.
- Any anion of gold; any salt containing such an anion.
- One skilled in treating and curing disorders of the ear.
- Relating to gold.
- Containing gold.
- Containing univalent gold.
- A creative artist, especially a film director, seen as having a specific, recognisable artistic vision, and who is seen as the single or preeminent ‘author’ of his works.
- The originator or creator of a work, especially of a literary composition.
- (the author) I, me. definition
- Someone who writes books for a living.
- The works of an author or authors.
- To create a work as its author.
- A leguminous shrub with smooth cinnamon brown bark,
- An officer of the king's stables whose duty it was to provide oats for the horses.
- Having a repugnance or opposition of mind.
- Turned away or backward.
- Lying on the opposite side (to or from).
- To turn away.
- A house, enclosure, large cage, or other place for keeping birds confined; a birdhouse.
- The action of an advowee, advocate or patron
- advocacy, patronage, protection
- A chief magistrate of a free imperial city or canton of Switzerland.
- To avenge, take vengeance on.
- Of an azure color; sky-blue.
- Finery of a kind to please a child.
- one who bails or lades.
- a utensil, as a bucket or cup, used in bailing; a machine for bailing water out of a pit.
- Agent noun of bait; one who baits, as with a fishhook.
- A troll who deliberately posts aggravating messages on a message board to elicit responses.
- A shop in which bread (and often other baked goods such as cakes) is baked and/or sold.
- The trade of a baker.
- The actual goods produced in a bakery such as doughnuts, long johns, bismarcks, sugar and glazed twisters, cinnamon rolls, eclairs, etc.
- One who, or that which balks.
- A person who stands on a rock or eminence to observe shoals of herring, etc., and to give notice to the men in boats which way they pass.
- A person employed to divide molten metal into separate balls before it is hammered out.
- One who plays basketball; a basketballer.
- One who has swag and lives an extravagant lifestyle.
- Very cool, especially due to extravagance.
- To tumble; dance clumsily.
- To become tangled or matted.
- To tread down in a clumsy manner.
- To tangle; clot; mat (as in the hair).
- A thing or person which bangs, in any sense.
- A firework that makes a bang.
- A woman's breast.
- A sausage.
- An old, worn-out car.
- A cylinder in a car.
- A member of a gang (shortened from the word gangbanger).
- A powerfully energetic piece of music, especially dance music.
- A city in Gwynedd, Wales.
- A town in County Northern Ireland.
- Any of several other places named after the city in Wales, or the town in Northern Ireland.
- a city in Maine, USA
- Good-humoured, playful, typically spontaneous conversation.
- To engage in banter or playful conversation.
- To play or do something amusing.
- To tease (someone) mildly.
- To joke about; to ridicule (a trait, habit, etc.).
- To delude or trick; to play a prank upon.
- To challenge to a match.