Page 1 from 1
Total results: 344
- а gated community and oil-processing facilities located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia
- A sailing vessel of three or more masts, with all masts but the sternmost square-rigged, the sternmost being fore-and-aft-rigged
- any small sailing vessel
- a sailing vessel or boat of any kind
- A former currency unit of Yemen.
- A curved depression in a mountainside with steep walls, forming the end of a valley.
- A flirtatious female; a coquette.
- A flirtatious male.
- To act as a flirt or coquet.
- To waste time; to dally.
- To attempt to attract the notice, admiration, or love of; to treat with a show of tenderness or regard, with a view to deceive and disappoint.
- A contact herbicide that produces desiccation and defoliation.
- The center of a planetary epicycle.
- Having comparable measurements in all directions; equidimensional.
- To consider equal, to state as being equivalent.
- To set as equal.
- A statement in assembly language that defines a symbol having a particular value.
- Ownership, especially in terms of net monetary value of some business.
- A legal tradition that deals with remedies other than relief, such as injunctions, divorces and similar actions.
- Value of property minus liens or other
- An equitable claim; an equity of redemption.
- Ownership interest in a company as determined by subtracting liabilities from
- Justice, impartiality or fairness.
- Any of a subgroup of South Africa's heterogeneous and multiracial black people, originally populating the frontiers of the infant living as seminomadic commandos of mounted gunmen.
- A diminutive of the female given name Jacqueline and of its variant spellings.
- To search (a ship) for unentered goods.
- The tree.
- The fruit of this tree. It is as large as a small plum, but grows in clusters, and contains four or five large seeds.
- Dense Mediterranean coastal scrub.
- The French resistance movement during World War II, or other similar movements elsewhere.
- A place of worship for Muslims, often having at least one minaret; a masjid.
- National Association of Securities Dealers Automated Quotations, an electronic stock market.
- A member of a tribe of Native Americans who historically inhabited eastern Connecticut and spoke a variety of Mohegan-Pequot.
- This tribe.
- The variety of Mohegan-Pequot spoken by this tribe.
- Annoyed, usually mildly and temporarily, especially by an offense to one's pride or honor.
- A game at cards played between two persons, with thirty-two cards, all the deuces, threes, fours, fives, and sixes, being set aside.
- A milk-colored, somewhat viscous Mexican alcoholic drink made from the fermented sap of certain agave plants.
- (plural: qindarka or qintars) An Albanian coin equal to one hundredth of a lek.
- (plural: qintars) A unit of measure, which varies in value depending upon the product measured; for example, a qintar of cotton might be 160 kg of cotton, 50 kg of cotton lint; a qintar of lime, 65 kg.
- The underwool of the Arctic muskox, used as a fibre.
- That resembles the quack of a duck.
- Fraudulent; characterised by or using the methods of quackery.
- Infested with quackgrass.
- A southern African subspecies of zebra, which went extinct in 1883, and the upper parts of which were reddish brown, becoming paler behind and beneath, while the face, neck, and fore part of the body were marked by dark stripes.
- An edible clam with a hard shell found along the Atlantic Coast of North America, from species Mercenaria mercenaria, formerly Venus mercenaria.
- The largest size of quahog, generally considered only fit for use in chowders and other clam dishes.
- A similar edible clam found along coasts around the North Atlantic, generally in deeper waters, the or
- To dig for quahogs.
- A traditional, shallow, two-handled Scottish cup symbolising friendship. It was originally used to toast the arrival or departure of a visitor.
- a traditional, shallow, two-handled Scottish cup symbolising friendship
- a two-handled drinking vessel
- The a large American sandpiper, Bartramia longicauda, a game bird.
- Of a person: cunning, crafty.
- Cleverly made; artfully contrived.
- Strange or odd; unusual.
- Overly discriminating or needlessly meticulous; fastidious; prim.
- Pleasingly unusual; especially, having old-fashioned charm.
- The vulva.
- queasy; nauseous
- a city in Texas, USA, and the county seat of Hardeman County.
- An organization that, although financed by a government, acts independently of it.
- Any member of a Native American people who once lived in the Arkansas river valley.
- The dialect of Dhegiha spoken by these people.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A site for mining stone, limestone or slate.
- To obtain (mine) stone by extraction from a quarry.
- To extract or slowly obtain by long, tedious searching.
- An animal which is hunted, notably mammal or bird.
- A part of the entrails of a hunted animal, given to the hounds.
- An object of search or pursuit.
- To secure prey; to prey, as a vulture or harpy.
- A diamond-shaped tile or pane, notably of glass or stone.
- The most abundant mineral on the earth's surface, of chemical composition silicon dioxide, SiO2. It occurs in a variety of forms, both crystalline and amorphous. Found in every environment.
- A card, die, or domino with four spots or pips.
- a trembling shake.
- a trembling of the voice, as in speaking or singing.
- an eighth note, drawn as a crotchet (quarter note) with a tail.
- to shake in a trembling manner.
- to use the voice in a trembling manner, as in speaking or singing.
- To utter quaveringly.
- A thick, bushy plot; a thicket.
- Experiencing or causing nausea or uneasiness, often characterized by an unsettled stomach.
- Easily troubled; squeamish.
- To squelch; to eliminate.
- a small archipelago, also known as Kinmen, in southern China
- To satisfy, especially an actual or figurative thirst.
- To extinguish or put out (as a fire or light.)
- To cool rapidly by dipping into a bath of coolant, as a blacksmith quenching hot iron.
- To terminate or greatly diminish definition by destroying or deforming the remaining reagents.
- The abnormal termination of operation of a superconducting magnet, occurring when part of the superconducting coil enters the normal (resistive) state.
- A short-nosed bandicoot found mostly in southern Australia,
- A city in the Balochistan Province of Pakistan and capital of the district by that name.
- One who queues; a person waiting in line.
- A process, etc. that places data items on a queue.
- A nobody; a person of no importance.
- With quills; quilled.
- The pear-shaped fruit of a small tree of the rose family, Cydonia oblonga.
- The deciduous tree bearing such fruit, native to Asia.
- An American male given name transferred from the surname.
- Any of a number of places in the U.S.A. named after people with the surname, including:
- a CDP in California, and the county seat of Originally named Quinsy.
- a city in Florida
- a city in Illinois
- A kind of dry white wine made from Sauvignon blanc grapes grown near Quincy in the Loire valley.
- A toilet: a fixture for urination and defecation, particularly as a personification of the device.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from quinine
- A goosefoot, native to the Andes and cultivated for its edible seeds.
- The high-protein dried fruits and seeds of this plant, used as a food staple and ground into flour.
- A partial reduction of a quinone, a diene of the cyclohexadienediones class of biochemicals.
- A a painful pus-filled inflammation or abscess of the tonsils and surrounding tissues, usually a complication of tonsillitis, caused by bacterial infection and often accompanied by fever.
- Joky; inclined to or characterised by quipping.
- Given to quirks or idiosyncrasies; strange in a somewhat silly, awkward manner, potentially cute.
- To shake (something); to stir, move.
- To stir; to move.
- To flinch; shrink.
- A container for arrows, crossbow bolts or darts, such as those fired from a bow, crossbow or blowgun.
- A ready storage location for figurative tools or weapons.
- A multidigraph.
- Nimble, active.
- To shake or move with slight and tremulous motion; to tremble; to quake; to shudder; to shiver.
- A competitive game in which players throw rings, aiming to land them over vertical sticks.
- A cat-sized marsupial, Setonix brachyurus, of southwestern Australia.
- Somebody whose words are being quoted.
- A part or proportion; a fraction; quota.
- name borrowed from
- The great white shark (Carcharodon carcharias).
- In croquet, the act of hitting another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- In croquet, to hit another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- Any of various small gold coins minted in Italy and Turkey.
- A sparkling spangle used for the decoration of ornate clothing.
- To throw weighted sticks at small animals.
- To throw anything about awkwardly or irregularly.
- A squall line, multicell line, or part of a squall line.
- A sudden storm, as found in a squall line.
- To cry or wail loudly.
- A scale cast off from the skin; a thin dry shred of epithelium.
- A scale (of metal, or on the eyes etc.).
- The scale, or exopodite, of an antenna of a crustacean.
- A flake of dead skin tissue.
- A hypothetical supersymmetric counterpart to a quark, having a spin of zero instead of one-half.
- A sport played in a walled court with a soft rubber ball and bats like tennis racquets.
- A soft drink made from a fruit-based concentrate diluted with water.
- A place or a situation where people have limited space to move.
- Something soft and easily crushed; especially, an unripe pod of peas.
- Something unripe or soft.
- A sudden fall of a heavy, soft body; also, a shock of soft bodies.
- An extremely one-sided, usually short, match.
- To beat or press into pulp or a flat mass; to crush.
- To compress or restrict (oneself) into a small space; to squeeze.
- To suppress; to force into submission.
- to be hit by the vegetable described below
- A plant and its fruit of any of a few species of the genus Cucurbita, or gourd kind.
- Cucurbita maxima, including and some varieties of pumpkins.
- Cucurbita moschata, butternut squash,
- Cucurbita pepo, most pumpkins, acorn squash, summer squash, zucchini.
- Any other similar-looking plant of other genera.
- Lagenaria siceraria (syn. calabash,
- The edible or decorative fruit of these plants, or this fruit prepared as a dish.
- A shrill noise, especially made by a voice or bird; a yell, scream, or call.
- A four-digit transponder code used by aircraft for identification or transmission of emergency signals.
- An issue or complaint related to aircraft maintenance.
- The American night heron.
- A warning message indicating a possible error.
- To make a squawking noise; to yell, scream, or call out shrilly.
- To speak out; to protest.
- To report an infraction; to rat on or tattle; to disclose a secret.
- To produce a warning message, indicating a possible error.
- To set or transmit a four-digit transponder code. definition
- A short, high-pitched sound, as of two objects rubbing together, or the calls of small animals.
- A card game similar to group solitaire.
- The sound made by mice in anticipation of being filled with cheese.
- A narrow squeak.
- To emit a short, high-pitched sound.
- To inform, to squeal.
- To speak or sound in a high-pitched manner.
- To empty the pile of 13 cards a player deals to oneself in the card game of the same name.
- To win or progress by a narrow margin.
- A high-pitched sound, such as the scream of a child, or noisy worn-down brake pads.
- To scream with a shrill, prolonged sound.
- To give sensitive information about someone to a third party; to rat on someone.
- A European bulbous liliaceous plant, of the genus Scilla, used in medicine for its acrid, expectorant, diuretic, and emetic properties
- A mantis shrimp, from the Mediterranean
- To look with the eyes partly closed, as in bright sunlight, or as a threatening expression.
- To look or glance sideways.
- To look with, or have eyes that are turned in different directions; to suffer from strabismus.
- To have an indirect bearing, reference, or implication; to have an allusion to, or inclination towards, something.
- To be not quite straight, off-centred; to deviate from a true line; to run obliquely.
- To turn to an oblique position; to direct obliquely.
- An expression in which the eyes are partly closed.
- The look of eyes which are turned in different directions, as in strabismus.
- quick or sideways glance.
- A short look.
- A hagioscope.
- The angle by which the transmission signal is offset from the normal of a phased array antenna.
- askew, not level
- To twist one’s body with snakelike motions.
- To twist in discomfort, especially from shame or embarrassment.
- To evade (a question, an interviewer etc).
- To move in a slow, irregular motion.
- A twisting, snakelike movement of the body.
- An instrument from which a liquid is forcefully ejected in a small, quick stream.
- A small, quick stream; a jet.
- The whole system of flow in the vicinity of a source.
- A burst of noise.
- An annoyingly pretentious person; a whippersnapper.
- A small child.
- Female ejaculate.
- To be thrown out, or ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To cause to be ejected, in a rapid stream, from a narrow orifice.
- To hit with a rapid stream of liquid.
- To throw out or utter words rapidly; to prate.
- To ejaculate.
- The sound or action of something, especially something moist, being squeezed or crushed.
- A political moderate (term used by conservative activists in the 1980s).
- To squeeze, compress, or crush (especially something moist).
- squishy; tending to squash or squelch
- A squashing or squelching sound.
- Conformity to traditional legal decisions in Shari'a jurisprudence.
- a Sufi method of discipline, meditation and mystical insight, or a religious order based on this.
- A rotational or twisting effect of a force; a moment of force, defined for measurement purposes as an equivalent straight line force multiplied by the distance from the axis of rotation (SI unit newton metre or Nm; imperial unit foot-pound or ft.lbf).
- To twist or turn something.
- A tightly braided necklace or collar, often made of metal, worn by various early European peoples.
- Being the only one of its kind; unequaled, unparalleled or unmatched.
- Of a feature, such that only one holder has it.
- Particular, characteristic.
- Of a rare quality, unusual.
- A thing without a like; something unequalled or unparallelled.
- A citizen of the United States of America, as opposed to a Latin American.
- The Fijian national drink; kava.
- A tree that grows in Jahannam (Hell), whose dwellers are compelled to eat the bitter fruit.
- In medieval times, a person whose views or practices were considered contrary to Islamic dogma; a heretic or unbeliever, or one who practised heretical magic.