Page 1 from 18
Total results: 18342
- A city and port in Denmark, in Northern Jutland; the fourth-largest city in Denmark and capital of Region Nordjylland.
- Pertaining to Aaron.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a high priest; priestly.
- Of or pertaining to the lower order of priests.
- One who steals and drives away cattle or beasts by herds or droves; a cattle rustler.
- One that abets an offender; one that incites; instigates; encourages.
- A supporter or advocate.
- Nonliving, inanimate, characterised by the absence of life; of inorganic matter.
- Tending to inhibit or destroy life; antibiotic; incompatible with life.
- To form by cutting off as a protrusion from a parent cell.
- To separate from the hypha of a fungus by the formation of a septum.
- A material that ablates, vaporizes, wears away, burns off, erodes, or abrades.
- Counsel; advisor; councilor; barrister.
- To end a law, system, institution, custom or practice.
- To put an end to or destroy, as a physical object; to wipe out.
- Brought forth prematurely.
- Checked in normal development at an early stage.
- Rendered abortive or sterile; undeveloped.
- One who or that which aborts.
- One who has an abortion.
- An extract manufactured from the bacterium and is used to study contagious abortions in cattle.
- A village on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt which contains several ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman structures.
- A bay outside this village, at the mouth of the Nile, where on 1 August 1798 a British fleet led by defeated the French in the
- To set abroach; to let out, as liquor; to broach; to tap.
- Broached; in a condition for letting out or yielding liquor, as a cask which is tapped.
- In a state to be diffused or propagated; afoot; astir.
- Tapped; broached.
- Astir; moving about.
- Abstinence from food.
- Wasting away as a result of abstinence from food.
- The third son of David, king of Israel.
- To hide, to be in hiding or concealment.
- To flee, often secretly; to steal away, particularly to avoid arrest or prosecution.
- To withdraw from.
- To conceal; to take away.
- To evade, to hide or flee from.
- Misuse, abuse.
- Abuse of the truth; deceit, lying.
- Violation of law or propriety; outrage, improper behaviour.
- Physical, mental, verbal, or sexual abuse.
- Shaped like or resembling a mite.
- To lie or sail along the coast or side (of); to accost.
- a community in Pennsylvania, USA.
- a town in Virginia, USA
- To account.
- A registry of pecuniary transactions; a written or printed statement of business dealings or debts and credits, and also of other things subjected to a reckoning or review
- A sum of money deposited at a bank and subject to withdrawal.
- A statement in general of reasons, causes, grounds, etc., explanatory of some event; a reason of an action to be done.
- A reason, grounds, consideration, motive.
- A business relationship involving the exchange of money and credit.
- A record of events; recital of transactions; a relation or narrative; a report; a description.
- An estimate or estimation; valuation; judgment.
- Importance; worth; value; esteem; judgement.
- An authorization to use a service.
- A reckoning; computation; calculation; enumeration; a record of some reckoning.
- Profit; advantage.
- to provide explanation
- To present an account of; to answer for, to justify.
- To give an account of financial transactions, money received etc.
- To estimate, consider (something to be as described).
- To consider
- To give a satisfactory evaluation financial transactions, money received etc.
- To give a satisfactory evaluation (one's actions, behaviour etc.); to answer
- To give a satisfactory reason to explain.
- To establish the location someone.
- To cause the death, capture, or destruction of someone or something (+
- to count
- To calculate, work out (especially with periods of time).
- To count (up), enumerate.
- To recount, relate (a narrative etc.).
- To treat courteously; to court.
- Having the nature of chaff; chaffy.
- needle-shaped, having a sharp, rigid point, as the leaf of the pine.
- Destitute of tentacles, as certain mollusks
- Without antennae, as some insects
- The compound 3-hydroxybutanone CH3-CO-CH(OH)-CH3 that is one of the constituents of the flavour of butter
- Sour like vinegar; acetous.
- Having a sour taste; sour; acid.
- Causing, or connected with, acetification
- A tropical American evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lipstick tree.
- The seed of this tree used as a colouring or in Latin American cooking.
- An orange-red dye obtained from this seed.
- Deficiency or absence of bile.
- Lacking bile (or bile pigments)
- Shaped like a needle.
- Consisting of acini, or minute granular concretions.
- participle of recognized, confessed, disclosed, revealed, realized
- Pertaining to acnodes
- materia medica; the science of medical remedies
- One who has received the highest of the four minor orders in the Catholic Church, being ordained to carry the wine, water and lights at Mass.
- An attendant, assistant or follower.
- An amorphous, bitter, non-poisonous alkaloid, derived from the decomposition of aconitine.
- The herb wolfsbane, or monkshood; any plant of the genus Aconitum, all the species of which are poisonous.
- An extract or tincture obtained from used as a poison and medicinally.
- Threadlike defensive organs, composed largely of nettling cells (cnidae), thrown out of the mouth or special pores of certain Actiniae when irritated.
- Furnished or loaded with acorns
- Fed or filled with acorns.
- The perception of ringing, buzzing or hissing sounds that are not really there
- Any of several rodents of the genus of the family Dasyproctidae, smaller than agoutis, which inhabit Amazonia.
- Auditory hallucination
- rhetorical declamation
- esoteric teaching that was not to be written down
- An athlete who performs acts requiring skill, agility and coordination.
- any flowerless plant whose growth takes place at the tip of the main stem, especially the cryptogam ferns
- An abbreviation formed by the initial letters of other words (as "TNT"), sometimes exclusively such abbreviations when pronounced as a word rather than as individual letters (as "laser").
- An abbreviation formed by the beginning letters or syllables of other words (as "Benelux").
- Pertaining to or affecting the surface.
- The isotope of radon
- An actinide
- active; full of activity; full of energy.
- A univalent radical R-COO-, derived from a carboxylic acid
- name transferred from the surname.
- name popular in the 2000s, following Alison and Madison.
- A place name, including:
- a town in Vermont, USA, named after the poet Joseph Addison.
- Of or relating to lymphatic glands or lymphoid tissue; lymphoid.
- One of two folds of lymphatic tissue covered by ciliated epithelium. They are found in the roof and posterior wall of the nasopharynx at the back of the throat behind the uvula. They may obstruct normal breathing and make speech difficult when swollen, a condition often called adenitis.
- A benign tumour of the epithelium arising from or resembling a gland.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenous.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenose.
- A mass of fat found internally; also, a fatty tumor.
- Containing, composed of, or consisting of fat; fatty.
- Slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft.
- Animal fat stored in the tissue of the body.
- Of or relating to adipose, the fatty tissue.
- That is related to another functor by an adjunction.
- Having a relationship of the nature of an adjoint (adjoint curve); sharing multiple points with.
- The transpose of the cofactor matrix of a given square matrix.
- Transpose conjugate.
- Hermitian conjugate.
- A functor related to another functor by an adjunction.
- A curve A such that any point of a given curve C of multiplicity r has multiplicity at least r–1 on A. Sometimes the multiple points of C are required to be ordinary, and if this condition is not satisfied the term sub-adjoint is used.
- An assistant to someone who holds a position in the military or civil service.
- An assistant mayor of a French commune.
- To postpone.
- To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- To end or suspend an event.
- To move from one place to another.
- A male adjutant; a helper or assistant; The Oxford English Dictionary (2007)
- Of or pertaining to Adonis.
- One who maintains that the vowel points of the Tetragrammaton translated "Jehovah" are the vowel points that belong to the word Adonai.
- Showing adoration or admiration.
- Having been decorated or embellished through applied items or alterations (adornments).
- One who places adornments; one who adorns.
- One who offers advice.
- One who has an advowson.
- A moon of Saturn.
- A device which mixes air with a substance, particularly soil or a liquid.
- A device used for charging mineral waters with gas and in making soda water.
- A fumigator used to bleach grain, destroying fungi and insects.
- aerobic organisms, but especially aerobic bacteria; aerobes
- An antiaircraft cannon.
- Of or relating to Aesop; Aesopian.
- To reinforce (a team etc.) with extra people
- flowering, in bloom
- a cell that divides by
- Having no visible sex organs; asexual or cryptogamous.
- A polymeric cross-linked polysaccharide extracted from the seaweed agar; used to make gels that are used in electrophoresis.
- lasting throughout all time; eternal
- To bring together in a group; to group.
- One who agists or takes in cattle to pasture at a certain rate; a pasturer.
- an officer of the king's forest, who had the care of cattle agisted, and collected the money for the same; hence called gisttaker, which in England is corrupted into guest-taker.
- A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a restless agitated style.
- A passage having this mark.
- Played in a restless agitated style.
- Describing a passage having this mark.
- An additional cognomen given, as an honour, to a Roman citizen.
- The inability to recognize objects by use of the senses.
- Epistemologically necessary lack of, indifference to, denial or shunning of, or defective knowledge.
- Someone involved in a contest or battle (as in an agon), protagonist.
- The muscle that contracts while the other relaxes.
- A molecule that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction.
- To writhe with agony; to suffer violent anguish.
- To struggle; to wrestle; to strive desperately, whether mentally or physically.
- Procyon cancrivorus, the crab-eating raccoon
- Resting on the bottom.
- at a loss, ruined, with no way out
- Resting on the bottom.
- Without female organs; male.
- The hinged part on the trailing edge of an airplane wing, used to control lateral turns.
- A half gable, as at the end of a penthouse or of the aisle of a church.
- A flat-bottomed boat driven by an in-air propeller and used in shallow water.
- A very large hangar for the storage of airships.
- A structure shaped to produce lift when moving in air.
- A wing of an aircraft.
- A faint illumination in the sky due to photochemical luminescence in the upper atmosphere, now rarely observed by earthbound humans without the assistance of intruments.
- A sealed, airtight chamber, such as in a manned spacecraft or submarine, used to provide access to and from the sealed area without allowing air out or water in.
- Characterised or marked by air, especially bracingly cold air; windy; stormy
- The capital and largest city of Corsica.
- A small tree of New Zealand (
- to the death; mortally
- a city (home rule municipality) in Colorado, USA
- soprano or, possibly, virgin
- The state of being winged.
- A binary star in the constellation Cygnus; Beta (β) Cygni.
- A hand sanitizer in the form of an alcohol gel
- Having (a specified type or number of) alcoves
- Any of a class of acyclic polyols formally derived from an aldose by reduction of the carbonyl functional group.
- The plant costmary, which was formerly much used for flavouring ale.
- A pole set up as the sign of an alehouse.
- An edible marine fish of California (
- name, a variant of Alfonso.
- A saddlebag.
- A cheek pouch.
- A pale white emetic powder formerly used in alchemy, consisting of a compound of trichloride and trioxide of antimony.
- Shaped like a wing
- Having wings
- A court-mandated allowance made to a former spouse by a divorced or legally separated person.
- The means to support life.
- Contained in the whole an integral number of times, a factor or divisor.
- A portion of a total amount of a solution or suspension.
- To separate a volume of solution or suspension into aliquots.
- Any simple aliphatic alcohol
- name transferred from the surname; mostly of persons born before 1950.
- name taken into general use in the 1940s; usually interpreted as a spelling variant of Alison.
- a small city in Iowa, USA
- Any form of an element having a different isotopic composition to that of the natural element, and thus a different atomic weight
- A pseudonym, another person's name used as a pseudonym by the author of a work.
- An allonymous work: a book published under the name of a person other than its true author.
- Act of speaking to another; an address.
- One who allows or permits.
- An oxidation product of uric acid, 2,4,5,6(1H,3H)-pyrimidinetetrone, capable of inducing diabetes by destroying pancreatic tissue
- Domestic or other work of all kinds.
- Relating to a Berber caliphate in 12th century Morocco
- Redolent of almonds.
- one who distributes especially the doles and alms of religious houses, almshouses;
- one who dispenses alms for another, as the almoner of a prince, bishop
- a title given to a royal officer charged with the duty of distributing alms or bounty on behalf of a monarch
- A hospital official responsible for patient welfare and after-care.
- A building in which alms were distributed
- A medicine containing mainly aloes.
- Consisting chiefly of aloes; of the nature of aloes.
- A member of the Alogi, a group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- An early 20th century movement in painting and writing, emerging from the Russian avant-garde, which made use of antirational or nonsensical elements.
- An absurd or nonsensical element deliberately added to a work that belongs to the alogism movement.
- Irrationality; the rejection of logical thinking as a means of approaching truth.
- An irrational statement or line of argument; a logical error.
- An inconsistency or arbitrary situation that follows no logical pattern.
- Exclusive; sole; only.
- Only; merely; singly.
- In an aloof manner.
- An alto or tenor saxhorn
- A person playing alto saxophone or some other alto instrument.
- An aldohexose epimeric with mannose
- Lacking hands or manus.
- Of or relating to love, especially sexual love.
- A south-east Asian tree,
- The reddish, mottled or striped wood of this tree, used in cabinetmaking
- Resembling, or characteristic of an amoeba
- An explosive made up of ammonium nitrate, trinitrotoluene, and aluminium powder.
- A gaseous compound of hydrogen and nitrogen, NH3, with a pungent smell and taste.
- Relating to ammonia.
- Relating to the cornu ammonis.
- Any of the Amniota group of vertebrates having an amnion during the development of the embryo; mammals, birds and reptiles.
- Any member of the Amoebidae.
- A Greek island in the east of the Cyclades
- A town, the capital of the island of that name.
- Someone who is in love.
- Someone who writes about love.
- A wanton woman; a courtesan.
- Inclined or having a propensity to love, or to sexual enjoyment.
- Indicating love or sexual desire.
- Of or relating to, or produced by, love.
- Affected with love; in love; enamored.
- A variety of grunerite asbestos, once used in insulation.
- removal; ousting, especially, of a corporate officer from office
- deprivation of possession
- The soluble form of starch (the insoluble form being amylopectin) that is a linear polymer of glucose.
- The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense (especially in Biblical criticism).
- The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense.
- A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.
- a city in Iowa, USA
- The art of studying the different parts of any organized body, to discover their situation, structure, and economy; dissection.
- The science that deals with the form and structure of organic bodies; anatomical structure or organization.
- A treatise or book on anatomy.
- The act of dividing anything, corporeal or intellectual, for the purpose of examining its parts; analysis
- The form of an individual, particularly a person, used in a tongue in cheek manner, as might be a term used by a medical professional, but in a markedly a less formal context, in which a touch of irony becomes apparent.
- A skeleton, or dead body.
- The physical or functional organization of an organism, or part of it.
- native carbonate of soda; natron
- Any small saltwater fish of the Engraulidae family, consisting of 160 species in 16 genera, of which the genus Engraulis is widely sold as food.
- located towards the elbow
- Of or pertaining to the elbow
- A utensil for supporting wood when burning in a fireplace, one being placed on each side
- A town in Hampshire, southern UK.
- Not using or containing fluid
- An aneroid barometer
- An Eskimo/Inuit sorcerer or shaman.
- A French gold coin of the reign of bearing the image of St. Michael; also, a piece coined at Paris by the English under Henry VI.
- An old musical instrument of the lute kind.
- A sort of small, rich cheese, made in Normandy.
- Resembling a blood vessel
- A benign tumor made up of small blood vessels or lymph vessels.
- A univalent radical derived from aniline
- Resolute and full of vigor; vehement.
- Of or pertaining to an anion.
- an anionic detergent
- The aromatic ether methoxybenzene; it is used in perfumery and in organic synthesis; and derivative of this compound
- Any of three isomeric univalent radicals derived from anisic acid
- A tropical American evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lipstick tree; the fruit of the tree.
- The seed of this tree used as a colouring or in Latin American cooking.
- An orange-red dye obtained from this seed.
- Troubled, irritated by something unwanted or unliked (an annoyance); vexed.
- to coat the surface of a metal electrolytically with an oxide, either as protection or decoration
- Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
- Soothing or relaxing.
- Noncontentious, blandly agreeable, unlikely to cause offence or debate; bland, inoffensive.
- Any medicine or other agent that relieves pain.
- A source of relaxation or comfort.
- Of or relating to anoesis.
- unthinkable; incapable of being thought
- The portion of an electrolyte near an anode, especially in a cell in which the cathode and anode are in separate compartments
- A deviation from a rule or from what is regarded as normal; an outlier.
- Something or someone that is strange or unusual.
- Any event or measurement that is out of the ordinary regardless of whether it is exceptional or not.
- Any of various angular distances.
- A defect or malformation.
- A failure of a classical symmetry due to quantum corrections.
- An irregularity or disproportion.
- Not according to rule; abnormal.
- Inability to smell; the inability to perceive odors.
- Having anosmia; lacking a sense of smell.
- Lacking olfactory organs; anosmatic.
- A person with anosmia; a person lacking a sense of smell.
- A son of Aesyetes
- Resembling a flower.
- A flower or, more commonly, a floret that has the simplest, most basic type of structure.
- name, in regular use since the Middle Ages.
- A city in Kansas, USA
- A city in New Mexico
- A town in Texas
- The state or essence of being an ant.
- A dangerous inflammatory swelling of a horse's breast, just opposite the heart.
- A divine being opposed to the gods.
- the name of a number of cities founded by kings of the Seleucid dynasty, the most famous being "Antioch on the Orontes" in ancient Syria (modern-day Antakya in south-eastern Turkey).
- A city in California.
- A village in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Clinton County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wright Township, Greene County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Pike Township, Jay County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Posey Township, Switzerland County, Indiana, USA
- A ghost town in Nebraska.
- A village in Ohio.
- Opposed to the use of marijuana.
- Nervous and worried.
- Full of anxiety or disquietude; greatly concerned or solicitous, especially respecting something future or unknown;
- Accompanied with, or causing, anxiety; worrying
- Earnestly desirous
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- A person of some consideration or standing.
- An indirect argument which proves a thing by showing the impossibility or absurdity of the contrary.
- The state or essence of being an ape.
- Loss of voice; the inability to speak
- Of, relating to, or exhibiting aphonia; unable to speak.
- Barrenness, female sterility.
- having no light, especially no sunlight
- describing that part of the deep oceans and lakes where photosynthesis is not possible
- An ingrowth of the arthropod exoskeleton, serving as an attachment site for muscles.
- Asexual reproduction of a fully formed plant directly from a bud.
- Connected with the apogee.
- Connected with the apogee.
- Pertaining to the apogee.
- Of or pertaining to a portion of the horn of the hyoid bone.
- the spot that is the farthest away from the planet Jupiter in the orbit of each of its own satellites; apoapsis around Jupiter
- An expression of remorse or regret for having said or done something that harmed another: an instance of apologizing (saying that one is sorry).
- A formal justification, defence.
- Anything provided as a substitute; a makeshift.
- The point of an elliptical lunar orbit where the distance between the satellite and the Moon is at its maximum.
- Any apomictic plant or organism.
- An evil snake-god who tries to devour the sun every night.
- An asteroid formerly thought to be on a collision course with Earth.
- A pore through which water passes out of a radial canal or flagellated chamber of a sponge
- imperforate; not porous.
- A marginal note; a gloss.
- A method of verification for international documents.
- The perpendicular distance from the center of a circle to a chord of the same circle.
- The distance from the center of a regular polygon perpendicular to one of its sides (a special case of the above).
- The difference between two quantities commensurable only in power, as between 1 and the square root of 2, or between the diagonal and side of a square.
- The remaining part of a whole tone after a smaller semitone has been deducted from it; a major semitone.
- To set, fix or determine (a time or place for something such as a meeting, or the meeting itself) by authority or agreement.
- To name (someone to a post or role).
- To furnish or equip (a place) completely; to provide with all the equipment or furnishings necessary; to fit out.
- To equip (someone) with (something); to assign (someone) authoritatively (some equipment).
- To fix the disposition of (property) by designating someone to take use of (it).
- To fix with power or firmness by decree or command; to ordain or establish.
- To resolve; to determine; to ordain.
- An examiner; one whose business is to put questions.
- In the English Court of Exchequer, an officer who audited the sheriffs' accounts.
- trial; proof; testimony; affirmation.
- approval; commendation
- To sanction officially; to ratify; to confirm.
- To regard as good; to commend; to be pleased with; to think well of.
- To make proof of; to demonstrate; to prove or show practically.
- To consider or show to be worthy of approbation or acceptance.
- To make profit of; to convert to one's own profit — said especially of waste or common land appropriated by the lord of the manor.
- A round sweet and juicy stone fruit, resembling peach or plum in taste, with a yellow-orange flesh, lightly fuzzy skin and a large seed inside.
- The apricot tree, Prunus armeniaca
- A pale yellow-orange colour, like that of an apricot fruit.
- A dog with an orange-coloured coat.
- the junction of the brain and brain stem on a target, used as an aiming point to ensure a one-shot kill.
- A testicle.
- Of a pale yellowish-orange colour, like that of an apricot.
- Wearing an apron.
- Not combustible; capable of tolerating great heat without alteration of form or properties.
- Consisting mostly of water.
- Furnished with an arbor; lined with trees.
- A small tree or shrub.
- A grove, shrubbery or arbour
- of Chief magistrates of ancient Athens.
- of or pertaining to the superfamily Arctoidea
- Needing or using up much energy; testing powers of endurance.
- burning; ardent
- Difficult or exhausting to traverse.
- Resembling sand.
- sandy, gritty, full of sand.
- Of or relating to areolae
- Of or relating to areoles.
- A small enclosed area, especially one of the small spaces on the wings of insects, circumscribed by the veins.
- Relating to Argolis, a district in the Peloponnesus.
- A periphery in eastern Peloponnese which has its modern capital at Nafplion. Its original capital was at Argos.
- Of or belonging to argot.
- An antiseptic compound of silver and a protein.
- A state of the United States of America. Postal code: AZ, capital: Phoenix.
- Of or pertaining to arkose.
- A bone in the arm, specifically, the humerus.
- A quantity of things approaching the maximum that could be held or carried with one arm.
- A wrestling move in which the opponent's arm is held immobile
- Any of several distinct attacks against an opponent’s arm in martial arts
- Power to control or heavily influence something or someone.
- A type of cupboard, cabinet, or wardrobe - originally used for storing weapons.
- Clad or equipped with arms or armor.
- Covered with armor, as a ship or the face of a fortification; armor-plated.
- a manufacturer of weapons, especially of guns
- a military specialist in charge of the upkeep of small arms etc
- someone who makes or repairs armor
- Relating to Armorica; Armorican.
- The language spoken by the Gauls of Armorica, the ancestor of Breton.
- A place where arms are kept, an arsenal.
- A collection of weapons and materiel.
- A place where arms are made.
- A flowering plant (of the genus related to cashew
- A median lobe into which the pretarsus expands, in an insect's leg.
- The act of arousing or the state of being aroused.
- Sexual arousal.
- A physiological and psychological state of being awake or reactive to stimuli, including elevated heart rate and blood pressure and a condition of sensory alertness, mobility and readiness to respond.
- Arousal from sleep or hibernation.
- Someone or something that arouses.
- A person who transports goods using pack animals.
- Equipped with arrows
- Pointed to by an arrow (in a diagram)
- Of or pertaining to arsonic acids or their derivatives
- A square sail, on a Roman oared ship?
- An articulation or joint.
- A painting, drawing, sculpture or other piece of creative, visual art
- Artistic work.
- The graphical elements to be included in a reproduced work.
- An aromatic ether, 2,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl-2-propene, found in the essential oils of plants of the genus Asarum
- An acrid oil obtained from wood soot.
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- A town in Kent.
- A town in borough, Surrey (previously in Middlesex).
- A village in district, Devon, England
- A village in district, Devon
- A village in Derbyshire, Ashford-in-the-Water.
- not social
- not sociable
- Not sounding or sounded.
- An assurer; an underwriter; an insurer.
- treasure (as a term of endearment)
- an incorporated town in Illinois, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri, USA.
- a neighbourhood in the borough of New York City, USA.
- a city in Oregon, USA
- a small town in South Dakota, USA.
- To astonish, bewilder or dazzle.
- Stunned; astounded; astonished.
- A hypocycloid with four cusps.
- A hybrid between a cherimoya and a sweetsop
- The tree that bears this fruit.
- A furnace or stove, designed and used to maintain uniform heat; primarily used by alchemists.
- Without God, neither accepting nor denying him.
- A simple jet engine consisting essentially of a tube with a means of delivering fuel and ignition into the tube. The engine can only be started in a fast airflow. This type of engine is expected to be able to provide cruising speeds at Mach numbers of around 5 to 7 (5 to 7 times the speed of sound).
- Producing only asexual individuals.
- The ancient Greek theory that all matter is composed of very small indestructible and indivisible particles.
- The doctrine that society arises from individuals and that larger structures are unimportant.
- An adherent of atomism; one who believes matter is composed of elementary indivisible particles.
- An adherent of the atomic theory.
- to separate or reduce into atoms
- to make into a fine spray
- to fragment, break into small pieces or concepts
- to bomb with nuclear weapons
- A kind of chaetopod larva in which no circles of cilia are developed.
- A reduction in the functionality of an organ caused by disease, injury or lack of use.
- To wither or waste away.
- To cause to waste away or become abortive; to starve or weaken.
- A public event where goods or property are sold to the highest bidder.
- To sell at an auction.
- One who audits bookkeeping accounts.
- In many jurisdictions, an elected or appointed public official in charge of the public accounts; a comptroller.
- One who audits an academic course; who attends the lectures but does not earn academic credit.
- One who listens, typically as a member of an audience.
- One trained to perform spiritual guidance procedures.
- An extinct European mammal, Bos primigenius, the ancestor of domestic cattle.
- The European bison (Bison bonasus, or Europæus).
- Pertaining to the dawn; dawning, eastern, like a new beginning.
- Rosy in colour, blushing, roseate.
- Pertaining to the aurora borealis.
- A motor vehicle operating as a cab, as opposed to earlier horse-drawn cabs.
- Any of several devices that display words for a person to read aloud
- one who drives an automobile
- A man involved in automobile manufacture.
- One of the moons of Jupiter.
- An infraspecific name in which the species epithet is repeated.
- A name used by a group or category of people to refer to themselves or their language, as opposed to a name given to them by other groups.
- The true name of a person or other entity, especially an author.
- A work published under the author's true name."Autonym", OED 2nd ed.
- A dissection performed on a cadaver to find possible cause(s) of death.
- An after-the-fact examination, especially of the causes of a failure.
- An eyewitness observation, the presentation of an event as witnessed.
- To perform an autopsy on.
- To perform an after-the-fact analysis of, especially of a failure.
- of: a worldwide US military telephone system from the 1960s to the 1990s.
- One of the départements of Midi-Pyrénées, France (INSEE code 12)
- An aircraft pilot. The use of the word may imply claims of superior airmanship, as in navy aviator vs. air force pilot.
- An experimenter in aviation.
- A flying machine.
- A city in Provence, France.
- of, or relating to avionics (aviation electronics)
- To call off or away; to withdraw; to transfer to another tribunal.
- One who carries anything away, or the vessel in which things are carried away.
- One who avoids, shuns, or escapes.
- To fly away; to escape.
- To exhale.
- The defendant in replevin, who avows the distress of the goods, and justifies the taking.
- Causing awe or terror; inspiring wonder or excitement.
- Excellent, exciting, remarkable.
- The quality, state, or essence of being awesome or cool; awesomeness.
- A plant, with awl-shaped leaves.