Page 1 from 3
Total results: 2129
- Marked by acne; suffering from acne.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- By oneself, solitary.
- Apart from, or exclusive of, others.
- Considered separately.
- Without equal.
- Unique; rare; matchless.
- By oneself; apart from, or exclusive of, others; solo.
- Without outside help.
- To anoint; to give extreme unction to a wound with oil.
- On end; in an upright position.
- Right; continuously.
- Concerning, with regard to, about, in respect to, as to, insofar as, inasmuch as
- In the opinion or judgment of
- Against, in front of, fronting; before; opposite; over against, on the other side
- In a line with; side by side with; on a level with.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- An addition, an extension.
- An appendix.
- An addition or extension to a building.
- An addition to the territory of a country or state, from a neighbouring country or state, normally by military force.
- To add something to another thing; to incorporate.
- To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.
- To join; to be united.
- name. Also, a popular given name in the 19th century.
- Any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color-changing ability.
- The cessation of breathing.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- form of (old unit of measure)
- To run away; escape.
- To outrun.
- Furnished with an awn, or long bristle-shaped tip; bearded.
- A device for cutting the awns from grain.
- name, a new American spelling variant of Aidan.
- A town in North Carolina.
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A river in Ireland.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- Filled with white flakes; mothery; said of vinegar when containing mother.
- A triterpene found in cork.
- Free of dirt or impurities or protruberances.
- Not dirty.
- In an unmarked condition.
- Allowing an uninterrupted flow over surfaces, without protrusions such as racks or landing gear.
- Having relatively few impurities.
- Free of immorality or criminality.
- Pure, especially morally or religiously.
- Not having used drugs or alcohol.
- Without restrictions or penalties, or someone having such a record.
- Not in possession of weapons or contraband such as drugs.
- Devoid of profanity.
- Smooth, exact, and performed well.
- Total; utter.
- Cool or neat.
- Being free of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- That does not the
- Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects.
- Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.
- Well-proportioned; shapely.
- Ascended without falling.
- Removal of dirt.
- The first part of the event clean and jerk in which the weight is brought from the ground to the shoulders.
- To remove dirt from a place or object.
- To tidy up, make a place neat.
- To remove equipment from a climbing route after it was previously lead climbed.
- To make things clean in general.
- To remove unnecessary files, etc. from (a directory, etc.).
- To brush the ice lightly in front of a moving rock to remove any debris and ensure a correct line; less vigorous than a sweep.
- To purge a raw of any blemishes caused by the scanning process such as brown tinting and poor color contrast.
- To remove guts and/or scales of a butchered animal.
- Fully and completely.
- segregated or delineated by traffic cones
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- King of Thebes, noted primarily in the stories of Antigone and Oedipus.
- The mother of Perseus by Zeus.
- a main belt asteroid.
- to recite the Jewish liturgy; to pray
- a variant of Dean.
- name transferred from the surname.
- To condescend; to do despite a perceived affront to one's dignity.
- To condescend to give; to do something.
- To esteem worthy; to consider worth notice.
- denial; refusal
- To deny, refuse.
- A blue giant star in the constellation Cygnus; Alpha (α) Cygni. It forms one corner of the Summer Triangle. Deneb is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, and one of the most luminous stars known.
- Having relatively high density.
- Compact; crowded together.
- Thick; difficult to penetrate.
- Opaque; allowing little light to pass through.
- Obscure, or difficult to understand.
- Being a subset of a topological space that approximates the space well. See Wikipedia article on for mathematical definition.
- (of a person) Slow to comprehend; of low intelligence.
- name, an alternative spelling of Denis
- To remove the tin from (metal scrap), usually for resale.
- A holder of any of various offices in various (usually Islamic) countries, usually some sort of councillor.
- To dress with flax for spinning.
- To dress with clothes; attire; deck; bedizen.
- To dress showily; adorn; dress out.
- Someone who receives a gift from a donor.
- A set of twelve.
- A large, unspecified number of, comfortably estimated in small multiples of twelve, thus generally implied to be significantly more than ten or twelve, but less than perhaps one or two hundred; many.
- An old English measure of ore containing 12 hundredweight.
- name transferred from the surname.
- To wither, decline, pine away.
- A city in Minnesota, US.
- That has been consumed by eating
- A town in Colorado
- One of two villages in England
- A town in Indiana
- A town in New Hampshire
- A town in New York
- A city in Ohio, and the county seat of Preble County.
- One of three towns in Wisconsin
- a city in Grand Bassa County, Liberia, named after Edinburgh in Scotland.
- a city in Minnesota, USA.
- a city in Missouri, USA
- a poetic name for in Scotland.
- Edwin of Northumbria.
- eldest; firstborn
- entailed; belonging to the eldest son
- The act or process of adding.
- That which is added.
- A supplementary piece of timber used to lengthen another.
- A genus of large South African antelope ( valued both for its hide and flesh.
- An elf; an inhabitant of fairy-land.
- A little urchin or child.
- Relating to or resembling an elf, especially in its tiny size or features.
- To lengthen out; to prolong.
- To put away; to separate; to keep off.
- One of a few villages in England
- A town in Louisiana
- A rural municipality in Manitoba, Canada
- Pertaining to elves; elvish; elven.
- Of or relating to certain veins of feldspathic or porphyritic rock crossing metalliferous veins in the mining districts of Cornwall.
- The rock of an elvan vein, or the vein itself.
- To correct and revise (text or a document).
- An ancient cantrefi of Dyfed in Wales
- to make (a bill) into law
- to act the part of; to play
- to do; to effect
- purpose; determination
- To arm; to provide with weapons.
- A relative whose relation is traced only through female members of the family.
- Any maternal female relative.
- Related to someone by female connections.
- Related on the maternal side of the family.
- Having identical grammatical structure (but with elements that are semantically different).
- Growing out.
- To provide with a dower
- To provide with money or other benefits, as a permanent fund for support
- To enrich or furnish with something as a gift, quality or faculty
- To be furnished with something naturally.
- To pass food into the stomach; to digest; also figuratively, to take on, absorb.
- To take on, to take the form of.
- To clothe (someone something).
- To invest (someone) a given quality, property etc.; to endow.
- Someone who is hostile to, feels hatred towards, opposes the interests of, or intends injury to someone else.
- A hostile force or nation; a fighting member of such a force or nation.
- An alliance of such forces.
- Something harmful or threatening to another
- of, relating to, or belonging to an enemy
- To receive pleasure or satisfaction from something
- To have the use or benefit of something.
- To be satisfied or receive pleasure.
- To have sexual intercourse with.
- chief deity listed and written about in ancient Sumerian, Akkadian, Hittite, Canaanite and other Mesopotamian clay and stone tablets; the god of breath, wind, loft, and breadth
- a county town of Clare, Ireland.
- name transferred from the surname and the place name.
- A gripping listlessness or melancholia caused by boredom; depression.
- To make bored or listless; to weary.
- To clear of knots; to make clear.
- Any ketone having a neighbouring double bond
- To place in the sky.
- To exalt.
- To follow (a leader, inclination etc.).
- To follow (in time), to be subsequent to.
- To occur afterwards, as a result or effect.
- Relating to, or situated near, central or deep parts; inner.
- The act of entering.
- Permission to enter.
- A doorway that provides a means of entering a building.
- A small room immediately inside the front door of a house or other building, often having an access to a stairway and leading on to other rooms
- A small group formed within a church, especially Episcopal, for simple dinner and fellowship, and to help facilitate new friendships
- An item in a list, such as an article in a dictionary or encyclopedia; a record made in a log, diary or anything similarly organized; a datum in a database.
- A term at any position in a matrix.
- The exhibition or depositing of a ship's papers at the customhouse, to procure licence to land goods; or the giving an account of a ship's cargo to the officer of the customs, and obtaining his permission to land the goods.
- When a musician starts to play or sing, entrance.
- To inure; to make accustomed or desensitized to something unpleasant due to constant exposure.
- With "to": to take effect, to be operative.
- A short stanza at the end of a poem, used either to address a person or to comment on the preceding body of the poem.
- a diplomatic agent of the second rank, next in status after an ambassador.
- a diplomat.
- a messenger.
- a short stanza at the end of a poem.
- Work, measured in terms of the quantity of heat to which it is equivalent.
- A task or function of a creature.
- name, a rare variant of Irwin.
- common in Wales, derived from the given name Evan (or Ifan in
- To occur; to happen; to come to pass.
- the outer layer of a pollen grain or spore; the exosporium
- A brand of petroleum fuel.
- A former petrochemical company, now part of ExxonMobil.
- To make a false copy or version of; to counterfeit.
- To imagine; to invent; to pretend.
- To make an action as if doing one thing, but actually doing another, for example to trick an opponent.
- To hide or conceal.
- To make a feint, or mock attack.
- Feigned; counterfeit.
- (of an attack) directed toward a different part from the intended strike
- A movement made to confuse the opponent; a dummy.
- That which is feigned; an assumed or false appearance; a pretense or stratagem.
- An offensive movement resembling an attack in all but its continuance
- The narrowest rule used in the production of lined writing paper (C19: Variant of FAINT)
- A thin, human-constructed barrier which separates two pieces of land or a house perimeter.
- Someone who hides or buys and sells stolen goods, a criminal middleman for transactions of stolen goods, a fence.
- The place whence such a middleman operates.
- Skill in oral debate.
- The art or practice of fencing.
- A guard or guide on machinery.
- A barrier, for example an emotional barrier.
- A memory barrier.
- To enclose, contain or separate by building fence.
- To defend or guard.
- To engage in the selling or buying of stolen goods.
- To engage in (the sport) fencing.
- To jump over a fence.
- The refuse whale blubber, used as a manure, and in the manufacture of Prussian blue.
- Characteristic of a fen; marshy, swampy.
- Living or growing in a fen (now only of plants).
- Of, or pertaining to ferns.
- Resembling or characteristic of a fern, in appearance, smell, etc.
- Covered in or filled with ferns; flanked or surrounded by ferns.
- An enemy, unfriend, or foe.
- The enemy of mankind, specifically, the Devil; Satan.
- A devil or demon; a malignant or diabolical being; an evil spirit.
- A very evil person
- An addict or fanatic
- To yearn; to be desperate (for something).
- To breathe heavily, especially with snoring or snorting; to
- A fungus.
- A fool or simpleton.
- Thief, rascal, scoundrel.
- A succulent berry with a thick rind, the fruit of plants in the genus
- A person from the suburbs (usually hipsters, punk rockers, or hippies) that moves to a low income urban area. Someone who gentrifies. gentrification.
- Capital city of the province of East Flanders, Belgium.
- To glisten; to gleam.
- Someone (or something) doomed; a hopeless case.
- of English-speakers.
- A surname of German-speakers, notably of Heinrich Heine, a German poet
- A five and a seven as starting cards in Texas hold 'em
- The narrow side of chimney stack, a haunch.
- The side of an arch from the topmost part (crown) to the bottommost part (impost).
- To be a henchman or henchwoman, usually for a supervillain.
- Big, strong, and muscular.
- A seductive woman; a courtesan.
- Made sharp.
- Made more accurate or precise.
- the "counties" of imperial, republican, and communist China.
- A Brythonic tribe in Britannia who inhabited an area corresponding roughly to the modern-day county of Norfolk, from the 1st century BC to the 1st century AD.
- Diligent; persistent.
- A brief audiovisual sequence serving to identify the broadcaster.
- A protocol serving to identify the user of a particular TCP connection, used especially on IRC networks.
- Any of a class of organic nitrogen compounds having the general formula R2C=NR; they are tautomeric with enamines.
- To shut up or enclose, as in a pen.
- Lacking sense or meaning (often to the point of boredom or annoyance).
- Purposeless; pointless.
- That which is void or empty.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- Not able to do something; not proficient; displaying incompetence.
- Unfit; unsuitable.
- Without spines or thorns; inermous.
- Unable to move or act; inanimate.
- Sluggish or lethargic.
- In chemistry, not readily reacting with other elements or compounds.
- Having no therapeutic action.
- A substance that does not react chemically.
- To innoculate or bud; ingraft or propagate (as a tree or plant) by the insertion of a bud.
- To introduce (something) as a reasoned conclusion; to conclude by reasoning or deduction, as from premises or evidence.
- To lead to (something) as a consequence; to imply. (Now often considered incorrect, especially with a person as subject.)
- To cause, inflict (something) or someone.
- To introduce (a subject) in speaking, writing etc.; to bring in.
- Having a tattoo or tattoos.
- A person or device that applies ink.
- In comic book production, a person who fills in material outlined by the comic book author.
- A tattoo artist.
- To hint at; disclose.
- To have a hint or inkling of; divine.
- Narrow linen tape, used for trimmings or to make shoelaces
- To let in; admit.
- To insert; inlay.
- A body of water let into a coast, such as a bay, cove, fjord or estuary.
- A passage that leads into a cavity.
- Being or occurring (farther) inside, situated farther in, located (situated) or happening on the inside of something, situated within or farther within contained within something.
- Close to the centre, located near or closer to center.
- Inside or closer to the inside of the body.
- Of mind or spirit, relating to the mind or spirit, to spiritual or mental processes, mental, spiritual, relating to somebody's private feelings or happening in somebody's mind, existing as an often repressed part of one's psychological makeup.
- Not obvious, private, not expressed, not apparent, hidden, less apparent, deeper, obscure, ; innermost or essential, needing to be examined closely or thought about in order to be seen or understood.
- Privileged, more or most privileged, more or most influential, intimate, exclusive, more important, more intimate, private, secret, confined to an exclusive group, exclusive to a center; especially a center of influence being near a center especially of influence.
- An inner part.
- A duvet, excluding the cover.
- A forward who plays in or near the center of the field.
- A thin glove worn inside batting gloves or wicket-keeping gloves.
- One who supports remaining in the European Union.
- To set in; infix or implant.
- To insert something.
- To add an inset to something.
- a smaller thing set into a larger thing; such as a small picture inside a larger one
- anything inserted
- a small piece of material used to strengthen a garment
- derived from a medieval variant of
- name, a twentieth century elaborate spelling of Jane.
- A modern shortened form of the female given name Jennifer.
- Hibiscus cannabinus, an annual or biennial herbaceous plant found mainly in Asia.
- The fibre obtained from this plant, similar to jute.
- a city, peninsula and river in Alaska
- A bin or enclosure in which fish or skins are salted.
- A type of fabric made of interwoven cloth strips, native to Ghana.
- name, a rare spelling variant of Kevin.
- A boy; especially, a boy servant.
- Any male servant; a menial.
- A tricky, deceitful fellow; a dishonest person; a rogue; a villain.
- A playing card marked with the figure of a servant or soldier; a jack.
- To work and press into a mass, usually with the hands; especially, to work, as by repeated pressure with the knuckles, into a well mixed mass, the materials of bread, cake, etc.
- To treat or form as if by kneading; to beat.
- To make an alternating pressing motion with the two front paws.
- To mix thoroughly; form into a homogeneous compound.
- Having some specific type of knee or knees.
- To stoop down and rest on the knee or knees.
- A utensil or a tool designed for cutting, consisting of a flat piece of hard material, usually steel or other metal (the blade), usually sharpened on one edge, attached to a handle. The blade may be pointed for piercing.
- A weapon designed with the aforementioned specifications intended for slashing and/or stabbing and too short to be called a sword. A dagger.
- Any blade-like part in a tool or a machine designed for cutting, such as that of a chipper.
- To cut with a knife.
- To use a knife to injure or kill by stabbing, slashing, or otherwise using the sharp edge of the knife as a weapon.
- To cut through as if with a knife.
- To betray, especially in the context of a political slate.
- To positively ignore, especially in order to denigrate. compare cut
- A small hill. Alternate form of knoll, common in Scotland and Ulster; also known in England.
- Coagulated sour milk diluted with water.
- A fermented liquor made with coagulated sour milk.
- Vladimir Ilyich Lenin, a Russian revolutionary and politician.
- weakly articulated (of a consonant), hence voiced; especially as compared to the others of a group of homorganic consonants.