Page 1 from 1
Total results: 480
- The tenth judge of Israel.
- born, begotten, created, developed
- A toxin akin to ricin found in jequirity beans, Abrus precatorius.
- Scotland, especially the Highlands.
- Common in a boring way, to the point of being predictable; containing nothing new or fresh.
- A general strike, shutdown, or other form of protest used in South Asia in which a substantial portion of the population stays home and does not report to work.
- To give and receive reciprocally; to exchange.
- To use or pass about casually.
- To throw or strike reciprocally, like balls in sports.
- To fight (with or against someone).
- Bowlegged, or bending outward at the knees; as in bandy legged.
- A winter sport played on ice, from which ice hockey developed.
- A club bent at the lower part for striking a ball at play; a hockey stick.
- A carriage or cart used in India, especially one drawn by bullocks.
- A town in Alberta, Canada.
- A town in council area, Scotland, and the former county town of
- A type of yoke carried on the shoulders, as a means for people to carry a load.
- Characterized by banging sounds.
- bantam (small, but aggressive)
- An argument, a disagreement.
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- The “holy dot” traditionally worn on the forehead of married Hindu women.
- Makeup or jewellery worn in imitation of such a dot.
- A tiny, sharp-needled seed often found on the ground in the bush.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A bit, or binary digit.
- A large barbel ( found in the Nile.
- An apocarotenoid that is the active ingredient of annatto.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A pale yellowish (golden brown) color, especially said of hair color.
- A person with this hair color.
- Of a bleached or pale golden (light yellowish) colour.
- Having blond hair.
- To color or dye blond
- distended, swollen or inflated
- panting and out of breath
- Formed by blowing
- Under the influence of drugs, especially marijuana.
- stale; worthless
- Covered with the eggs and larvae of flies; flyblown.
- Given a hot rod blower
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- imprisonment, captivity
- the condition of goods in a bonded warehouse until duty is paid
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A native of New Guinea.
- An Australian aboriginal.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- A river in Ireland.
- A metal bridle formerly used as a torture device to hold the head of a scold and restrain the tongue
- A sort of bridle with wooden side pieces.
- To put someone in the branks
- To hold up and toss the head; applied to horses as spurning the bit.
- To prance; to caper.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty.
- The sea
- A borough of New York City.
- A cocktail containing gin, vermouth and orange juice.
- name, a less common spelling of Brian.
- derived from Brian.
- A city in Ohio.
- A city in Texas
- name, a nonstandard spelling of Brian.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- A swindle or confidence trick.
- A parlour game played in teams with three dice, originating in England but popular among suburban women in the United States at the beginning of the 21st century.
- To swindle (someone).
- A baking pan with a hollow, circular, raised area in the middle.
- A wilderness region, away from cities.
- Diminutive of Bundaberg, a coastal city of Queensland.
- Abbreviation of Bundaberg rum.
- A culvert or short covered drain connecting two ditches.
- A chine or gully formed by water running over the edge of a cliff; a wooded glen or small ravine opening through the cliff line to the sea.
- Any small drain or culvert.
- A brick arch or wooden bridge, covered with earth across a drawn or carriage in a water-meadow, just wide enough to allow a hay-wagon to pass over.
- A small pool of water.
- A swelling from a blow; a bump.
- A sudden enlargement or mass of ore, as opposed to a vein or lode.
- A rabbit, especially a juvenile.
- A bunny girl: a nightclub waitress who wears a costume having rabbit ears and tail.
- In basketball, an easy shot (i.e., one right next to the bucket) that is missed.
- Bunny chow; a snack of bread filled with curry.
- Easy or unchallenging.
- Resembling a bun
- a female pet name
- A bunya pine,
- A banyan, a member of a specific Hindu caste.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- Big boss, important person.
- George Gordon (Noel) Byron, 6th Baron Byron (January 22, 1788–April 19, 1824), a famous English poet and leading figure in romanticism.
- name transferred from the surname, of mostly American usage.
- A in California.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A city in Illinois.
- an unincorporated community in Kankakee Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana, USA
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city in Minnesota.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in New York.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- One of two towns in Wisconsin.
- A town in Wyoming.
- A small dwelling characteristic of the frontier, especially when built from logs with simple tools and not constructed by professional builders, but by those who meant to live in it.
- A chalet or lodge, especially one that can hold large groups of people.
- A compartment on land, usually composed of logs.
- A private room on a ship.
- The interior of a boat, enclosed to create a small room, particularly for sleeping.
- The passenger area of an airplane.
- The section of a passenger plane having the same class of service.
- A signal box.
- A small room; an enclosed place.
- To place in a cabin.
- To live in, or as if in, a cabin; to lodge.
- A blue giant star in the constellation Cygnus; Alpha (α) Cygni. It forms one corner of the Summer Triangle. Deneb is one of the brightest stars in the night sky, and one of the most luminous stars known.
- pertaining to the direction towards the coal face.
- When above ground, pertaining to the direction towards the house.
- To form or constitute as an orb.
- A city in Utah, USA, and county seat of Kane County.
- Coagulated sour milk diluted with water.
- A fermented liquor made with coagulated sour milk.
- A skiff used for fishing.
- A Hebrew stringed instrument.
- The symbol ∇, used to denote the gradient operator.
- A Muslim official in South Asia acting as a provincial deputy ruler under the Mughal empire; a local governor.
- Overly inquiring; nosey.
- The name of several places in northern England and elsewhere (meaning new settlement).
- for someone from one of these places.
- Knobbly; covered with small knobs.
- Nub-like, resembling a small bump or protrusion; stubby.
- To remove from a bag.
- Not bagged.
- To remove an impediment that obstructs the passage of (someone or something).
- To remove a prohibition.
- To unlock or unbolt a door that had been locked or bolted with a bar.
- To free from the restraint of anything that surrounds or encloses.
- To raise or rouse from bed.
- unbidden, uninvited.
- Which have not been bid for.
- To undo the process of bidding; to cancel a bid.
- To remove the turns of (a rope or cable) from the bits.
- To remove from a box.
- To retrieve (a value of a primitive type) from the object in which it is boxed.
- To divest of the traits of a boy.
- An organic fungicide and insecticide sprayed on cereal grasses, fruit trees, etc.