Page 1 from 26
Total results: 26124
- A descendant of Aaron; a Levite.
- Carrying away by force, definition of animals.
- Stealing cattle on a large scale.
- Abdicating; renouncing.
- One who abdicates.
- The abducens nerve: the nerve in humans and most animals that governs the motion of the lateral rectus muscle of the eye.
- Drawing away from the median axis of the body, as a muscle; abducting.
- That which abducts; an abducens.
- One of the captives in the Bible who came out of the fiery furnace unharmed.
- A port city in Scotland, on the North Sea.
- A former county in northeastern Scotland; see
- A in Florida
- A village in the State of Georgia
- A city in Idaho
- A in Porter County, Indiana
- A city in eastern Maryland, home of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds.
- A city in Mississippi
- A town in New South Wales
- A town in North Carolina
- A community in Nova Scotia
- A village in Ohio
- A community in Ontario
- A town in Saskatchewan
- A town in Eastern Cape, South Africa
- A city in northeastern South Dakota, USA, and the county seat of Brown County.
- A city in Washington
- A wide evenly curved fishhook. 1976
- Differing from the norm.
- Straying from the right way; deviating from morality or truth.
- Deviating from the ordinary or natural type; exceptional; abnormal.
- A person or object that deviates from the rest of a group.
- A group, individual, or structure that deviates from the usual or natural type, especially with an atypical chromosome number.
- The act of abetting or assisting in a crime, wrongdoing etc.
- Encouragement or assistance.
- The act of one who abets.
- Expectancy; condition of ownership of real property being undetermined; lapse in succession of ownership of estate, or title.
- Suspension; temporary suppression; dormant condition.
- Expectancy of a title, its right in existence but its exercise suspended.
- Use of the face and hands, in an expressive manner, similar to the kathakali dance of India. 1976
- The act of abiding or continuing; abode; stay; continuance; dwelling.
- Adherence; compliance; conformity.
- A volatile oil distilled from the resin or balsam of the
- A town on the Thames in Oxfordshire (formerly Berkshire), England.
- A town in Virginia, USA
- A small town in Pennsylvania, near Philadelphia.
- A town in southeastern Massachusetts, south of Boston.
- An immunoglobulin G antibody efficient against some protozoans, specifically Trypanosoma lewisi, by preventing reproduction.
- A carrying or taking away; removal.
- The surgical removal of a body part, an organ, or especially a tumor; the removal of an organ function; amputation.
- The progressive removal of material by any of a variety of processes such as vaporization under heat or chipping.
- The removal of a glacier by melting and evaporation; the lowering of a land surface by any of several means, as in wind erosion, mass wasting.
- Ability of body or mind; power; force; vigor.
- The state of being able.
- The act of washing something.
- Originally, the purifying of oils and other substances by emulsification with hot water; now more generally, a thorough cleansing of a precipitate or other non-dissolved substance.
- The act of washing or cleansing the body, or some part of it, as a religious rite.
- Washing oneself; bathing, cleaning oneself up.
- The rinsing of the priest's hand and the sacred vessel following the Communion with, depending on rite, water or a mix of it and wine, which may then be drunk by the priest.
- The liquid used in the cleansing or ablution.
- The ritual consumption by the deacon or priest of leftover sacred wine of host after the Communion.
- The location or building where the showers and basins are located.
- That which is washed off.
- To deny (oneself something); to renounce or give up (a right, a power, a claim, a privilege, a convenience).
- To relinquish; to surrender; to abjure.
- Away from the neural (cerebrospinal) axis
- Not conforming to rule or system; deviating from the usual or normal type.
- Of or pertaining to that which is irregular, in particular, behaviour that deviates from norms of social propriety or accepted standards of mental health.
- A person or object that is not normal.
- That is in the process of being born; coming into existence; before coming to completion.
- While being born or produced.
- The cessation of pregnancy or fetal development:
- A miscarriage.
- An induced abortion, the act or process of inducing the cessation of pregnancy.
- The immature product of an untimely birth.
- A monstrosity; a misshapen person.
- Failure of a promise or a goal.
- Arrest of development of any organ, so that it remains an imperfect formation or is absorbed.
- Any fruit or produce which is interrupted in its progress before it is matured or perfect; an idea, project, or anything that does not come to maturity.
- Something ugly, an artistic atrocity.
- The cessation of an illness or disease at a very early stage.
- An unpleasant or poorly executed idea or project.
- The act of aborting (an undertaking, such as a project or trip).
- A material used for grinding, as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.; an abrasive.
- Tending to abrade; causing irritation; abrasive.
- A colorless crystalline alkaloid obtained from abrotanum, C21H22N2O. 1976
- A dark lantern used in church to read prayers etc during a service
- One who absents one's self.
- In an absent-minded or abstracted manner.
- Discordant; harsh; contrary; unreasonable.
- Discordant; inharmonious; incongruous.
- Fully sufficient; found in copious supply; in great quantity; overflowing.
- Richly supplied; wealthy; possessing in great quantity.
- Being an abundant number, i.e. less than the sum of all of its divisors except itself.
- The point of junction between two things, in particular a support, that abuts.
- The solid portion of a structure that supports the lateral pressure of an arch or vault.
- A construction that supports the ends of a bridge; a structure that anchors the cables on a suspension bridge.
- Something that abuts, or on which something abuts.
- The state of abutting.
- That element that shares a common boundary or surface with its neighbor.
- The tooth that supports a denture or bridge.
- A fixed point or surface where resistance is obtained.
- That which abuts or serves as an abutment.
- A glycoside forming in the leaves of the common locust tree; C16H12O5.
- A plant that is a member of the Acanthaceae family.
- strontium sulfate, the main constituent of the skeletons of the Acantharea
- Of or relating to acapnia.
- A member of the sub-class Acarina of arachnids, which includes mites and ticks.
- Pertaining to a race supposed to have lived in Babylonia before the Assyrian conquest.
- A person from Accad.
- One of the functionaries who light and trim the tapers.
- Prunella, a genus of European birds (so named from their sweet notes), including the hedge warbler. In America sometimes applied to the water thrushes.
- One who sings the leading part; the director or leader.
- One who lives nearby; neighbor.
- Occurring or living next to; neighboring; adjacent.
- Not centered; without a center.
- Turning sour; readily becoming tart or acid; slightly sour.
- A substance liable to become sour.
- Of, pertaining to, or producing acetone
- Pertaining to an achene.
- The property of being achy.
- In an aching manner; sorely.
- A short sword or saber.
- a town in Mississippi, USA
- Of, or derived from aconite.
- Of or pertaining to aconite.
- Of or pertaining to aconitic acid.
- To furnish or give experimental knowledge of; to make (one) to know; to make familiar.
- To communicate notice to; to inform; to make cognizant.
- To familiarize; to accustom.
- Without a skull.
- Any grasshopper, cricket, locust etc of the family Acrididae
- Relating to insects of the family Acrididae
- A tricyclic aromatic heterocycle, dibenzopyridine, obtained from coal tar; it is used in the manufacture of dyes and drugs
- Any of many derivatives of this compound
- An tricyclic heterocyclic ketone derived from acridine; any derivative of this compound
- A sharp and bitter hatred.
- having teeth immovably united to the top of the alveolar ridge
- One of a group of lizards having the teeth immovably united to the top of the alveolar ridge
- The outermost point of the shoulder blade.
- A sea anemone (of the order Actiniaria).
- Any of the 14 radioactive elements of the periodic table that are positioned under the lanthanides, to which they have similar chemistry.
- That property of electromagnetic radiation that leads to the production of photochemical effects
- A bone at the base of a paired fin (of a fish)
- A kind of embryo of certain hydroids (Tubularia), having a stellate form.
- Of, pertaining to, or depicting action, especially physical action.
- Depicting an action having an agent and a patient.
- The act of sharpening.
- Edge contrast in an image; a component of sharpness.
- The quality of being adamant
- The property of being adamant.
- Something to be added; especially text added as an appendix or supplement to a document.
- A postscript.
- The height by which the tooth of a gear projects beyond (outside for external, or inside for internal) the standard pitch circle or pitch line.
- Related to the muscles of the body which pull one part towards another. Opposed to abducent.
- Glandular inflammation.
- Benign swelling, scarring or enlargement of the lymph glands; a minor, low-risk glandular condition.
- Of or pertaining to adenylic acid or its derivatives
- An obtaining; attainment.
- Clinging, as by hooks.
- That which adheres to something else by adhesion.
- Lying next to, close, or contiguous; neighboring; bordering on.
- Just before, after, or facing.
- Something that lies next to something else, especially the side of a right triangle that is neither the hypotenuse nor the opposite.
- Next to; adjacent to; beside.
- Help; support.
- One who helps.
- helping; helpful; assisting.
- Designating a supplementary form of treatment; specifically, a cancer therapy administered after removal of a primary tumour.
- Someone who helps or facilitates; an assistant, a helper.
- Something that enhances the effectiveness of a medical treatment; a supplementary treatment.
- An additive (as in a drug) that aids or modifies the action of the principal ingredient.
- An additive (often a separate product) that enhances the efficacy of pesticide products, but has little or no pesticidal activity itself.
- A substance enhancing the immune response to an antigen.
- Of or relating to (1870–1937), Austrian medical doctor, psychotherapist, and founder of the school of individual psychology.
- Feeling or showing admiration.
- To warn or notify of a fault; to reprove gently or kindly, but seriously; to exhort.
- To counsel against wrong practices; to caution or advise; to warn against danger or an offense; — followed by of, against, or a subordinate clause.
- To instruct or direct; to inform; to notify.
- The adhesion or cohesion of different floral verticils or sets of organs.
- name, a variant of Adriana.
- curved inwards; hooked
- Crookedness, curvaceousness, hookedness
- curved inwards; hooked
- The act of burning, or heating to dryness; the state of being thus heated or dried.
- or close to the state of the art.
- Having moved forward in time or space (e.g. advanced ignition timing).
- In a late stage of development; greatly developed beyond an initial stage.
- Pronounced farther to the front of the vocal tract.
- Indicating a time ahead of the correct time.
- One who advances or puts forward.
- The overcaller's partner, especially one who bids following the overcall.
- A second branch of a buck's antler.
- Carrying towards an organ or structure.
- The right of presenting to a vacant benefice or living in the church.
- Lack or loss of strength, usually due to a disease.
- Not dynamic; without strength or vigor.
- A mineral with monoclinic crystals with the chemical formula NaFe3+(Si2O6) belonging to the pyroxene group.
- A photoprotein, isolated from luminescent jellyfish and other marine organisms, composed of two distinct units: the apoprotein apoaequorin and the prosthetic group coelenterazine.
- A branch of science that deals with the upper atmosphere of the Earth and the other planets with reference to their chemical composition, physical properties, relative motion, and responses to radiation from space.
- A compound of nitrogen and boron which, when heated before the blowpipe, gives a brilliant phosphorescent; boric nitride.
- Of or relating to Aetolia.
- A native or inhabitant of Aetolia.
- To be betrothed to; to promise to marry.
- Faith, trust.
- A solemn engagement, especially a pledge of marriage.
- The aging of cheese as part of its manufacture.
- In an affine manner
- A natural attraction or feeling of kinship to a person or thing.
- A family relationship through marriage of a relative (e.g. sister-in-law), as opposed to consanguinity. (e.g. sister).
- A kinsman or kinswoman of such relationship. Affinal kinsman or kinswoman.
- The fact of and manner in which something is related to another.
- Any romantic relationship.
- Any passionate love for something.
- resemblances between biological populations; resemblances that suggest that they are of a common origin, type or stock.
- structural resemblances between minerals; resemblances that suggest that they are of a common origin or type.
- An attractive force between atoms, or groups of atoms, that contributes towards their forming bonds
- The attraction between an antibody and an antigen
- tendency to keep a task running on the same processor in a symmetric multiprocessing operating system to reduce the frequency of cache misses
- An automorphism of affine space.
- Of the function or role of an affix
- The act of affixing; affixation, affixment, attachment.
- Somebody who is wealthy.
- A stream or river flowing into a larger river or into a lake; a tributary stream; a tributary.
- Abundant; copious; plenteous.
- Abounding in goods or riches; having a moderate level of material wealth.
- Flowing to; flowing abundantly.
- Facing the observer.
- The pouring of liquid, especially as a hydrotherapy.
- A method of Christian baptism in which water is poured on the head of the person being baptized.
- The matzoh eaten at a Passover seder, after dinner.
- A person who comes from a region where Afro-Asiatic languages are spoken
- During the first interglacial period in North America, between the Kansan and Nebraskan glacial periods.
- To contradict; to gainsay.
- The state or quality of being aged.
- sterile; infecund
- Any imperfect development of the body, or any anomaly of organization.
- Not genetic; that does not have a genetic cause
- Treated with agene.
- Of or pertaining to an agent or an agency.
- Indicating an agent or agency (as -er in lexicographer).
- Pertaining to a grammatical agent that performs the action of the verb.
- A word having this construction.
- The aglycone of a glucoside
- The non-sugar fragment of a glycoside.
- The amine (4-aminobutyl)guanidine which is a decarboxylation product of arginine and an intermediate in polyamine biosynthesis
- Grouped together.
- A birth defect in which the mandible is missing.
- Afflicted by or characteristic of agnathia.
- consanguinity by a line of males only, as distinguished from cognation
- Of or relating to agnosticism or its adherents.
- Doubtful or uncertain about the existence or demonstrability of God or other deity.
- A software component (or other entity) that is unaware or noncommittal regarding the specific nature of the components with which it interacts; polymorphic; modular; pluggable
- Having no firmly held opinions on an issue or matter of uncertainty.
- A person who holds to a form of agnosticism, especially uncertainty of the existence of a deity.
- Of, or relating to, the ownership, tenure and cultivation of land
- Agricultural or rural.
- wild; said of plants growing in a cultivated field
- A person who advocates the political interests of working farmers
- Any of several perennial herbaceous plants, of the genus that have spikes of yellow flowers.
- Any of several unrelated plants of a similar appearance.
- A city in Greece located in the Aitolia-Akarnania prefecture.
- The science of utilizing plants, animals and soils for food, fuel, feed, and fiber and more. To do this effectively and sustainably, agronomy encompasses work in the areas of plant genetics, plant physiology, meteorology, animal sciences and soil science.
- Persistent loss of sleep; insomnia; sleeplessness.
- A sulfide mineral of lead, copper and bismuth.
- In or carried by the air.
- In flight.
- fitted to an aircraft; e.g. airborne radar.
- transported by air in an aircraft; e.g. airborne troops.
- Military infantry intended to be transported by air and delivered to the battlefield by parachute or helicopter.
- The quality of being light or airy in quality or manner.
- A passenger-carrying aircraft, especially one of a fleet operated by an airline.
- A powered heavier-than-air aircraft with fixed wings.
- A woman who flies in an aircraft; a female aviator.
- The loss of the ability to control motor muscles.
- Of or pertaining to akinesia.
- Absence of a kinetic hinge in the skull.
- akinesia; loss of muscle control
- Without motion.
- Of or pertaining to akinesia: akinesic.
- Of or pertaining to the Akkadian language of ancient Mesopotamia.
- Of or pertaining to the Akkadian Empire.
- The now extinct Semitic language of ancient Mesopotamia, formerly used as an international language of diplomacy.
- A Semitic inhabitant of the region of Mesopotamia near the city of Akkad.
- A fish, the albacore.
- a village in North Carolina, USA.
- causing apprehension, fear or alarm; frightening
- Of or pertaining to skylarks.
- A town in Montana
- A township in Ontario
- A town in Prince Edward Island, Canada
- A town in Gauteng Province, South Africa
- A town in Victoria, Australia
- Growing or becoming white.
- Congenital lack of melanin pigmentation in the skin, eyes, and hair or feathers (or more rarely only in the eyes); the condition of being albino.
- sapwood; the soft, newer wood in the trunk of a tree found between the bark and the hardened heartwood.
- Of or relating to the Alcyonaria.
- An azine derived from an aldehyde; general formula RCH=NN=CHR
- A town in Oklahoma.
- A town in West Virginia.
- An imine derived from an aldehyde; general formula RCH=NR
- A bench outside an alehouse where drinkers can sit.
- A traditional region in southern Portugal.
- relating to Aleppo
- someone from Aleppo
- The protein content of the embryo, endosperm, or perisperm of cereals, in the form of minute particles.
- short for the outer layer (and its major cell type and its specialized protein) of the endosperm
- Of, from, or pertaining to the Aleutian Islands (a group of islands in the northern Pacific Ocean, west of Alaska), or to its inhabitants, their culture, or their language.
- A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands.
- Any salt or ester of alginic acid.
- Distortion caused by a low sampling rate, such as a moiré effect or jaggies.
- The status of being an alien; being from elsewhere
- Estranged; withdrawn in affection; foreign; with from.
- A stranger; an alien.
- To convey or transfer to another, as title, property, or right; to part voluntarily with ownership of.
- To estrange; to withdraw affections or attention from; to make indifferent or averse, where love or friendship before subsisted; to wean.
- The fact or position of being an alien; alienage.
- The study or treatment of mental disorders; psychiatry.
- An expert in mental illness, especially with reference to legal ramifications.
- A psychiatrist or psychologist.
- To render (something) alien.
- Pertaining to expansions of the nasal bone or cartilage.
- An integer that does not divide another into integral parts.
- A sample that has been divided into a set of equal parts, to leave a remainder
- Not dividing another specified integer into integral parts.
- The segment of an insect's body to which the wings are attached; the thorax or mesosoma.
- A substance, 1,2-dihydroxyanthraquinone, extracted from madder root and having a distinctive red colour.
- A type of red or crimson dye
- An alkaline battery.
- Of, or relating to an alkali, one of a class of caustic bases.
- Having a pH greater than 7.
- A natural dye and naphthoquinone derivative obtained from the borage plant Alkanna tinctoria, used as a food colouring and in cosmetics.
- An alkene.
- An alkanediyl functional group, especially one having the free valencies of adjacent carbon atoms.
- Any of a group of silicate minerals that are a source of rare earth metals.
- a town and village in Cattaraugus County, New York, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Coos County, Oregon, USA.
- Something that provokes an allergic reaction; an allergen.
- An eagle displayed, without beak or feet.
- A suburb of Liverpool, England.
- A suburb of Bradford, England.
- A village in Illinois, United States.
- A small city in Iowa, United States.
- The striking of a vessel against a fixed object; the act of alliding or an instance thereof.
- The act of dashing against or striking upon.
- The action of the verb allure.
- Having the power to allure.
- The increase in the area of land due to the deposition of sediment (alluvium) by a river.
- name, variant of Alfonso.
- In an alpine way, loftily.
- Mountain climbing, especially in the Alps.
- Of or pertaining to alpinism.
- A mountain climber, especially in the European Alps or in ranges of similar ruggedness and elevation.
- A downhill skier who practises the sport on high mountains.
- A city in Illinois.
- A city in Kansas.
- A village in Missouri.
- A village in New York.
- A in Oregon.
- A in Pennsylvania.
- A town in South Dakota.
- A town in Tennessee
- A town in Utah.
- Of, relating to or containing aluminium.
- A metallic chemical element (symbol Al) with an atomic number of 13.
- A single atom of this element.
- Aircraft or other machinery made partially or wholly of aluminum.
- An aluminium sulfate mineral often found on the walls of mines and quarries.
- without long processes
- any cell that does not have a long process
- A bicyclic oligopeptide, found in Amanita phalloides, that is a deadly amatoxin
- Any of various herbs, of the genus Amaranthus.
- Their flowers' characteristic purplish red color; a red to purple azo dye used as a food colouring and in cosmetics.
- The seed of these plants, used as a cereal.
- An obtuse-angled figure, especially a triangle.
- Able to walk.
- Designed for use by somebody with a disability that impairs, but does not prevent, walking.
- A variety of wheat from which starch is produced (Triticum spelta).
- Willing to respond to persuasion or suggestions.
- Willing to comply with; agreeable.
- Being a locally compact topological group carrying a kind of averaging operation on bounded functions that is invariant under translation by group elements.
- In an amenable manner.
- A compound radical, NH2, not yet obtained in a separate state, which may be regarded as ammonia from the molecule of which one of the hydrogen atoms has been removed; called also the amido group.
- Missing, lacking.
- 4,6-diamino-2-hydroxy-1,3,5-triazine, the hydrolysis product of melamine.
- Of or relating to ammonia, or possessing its properties.
- To treat with ammonia; to ammoniate.
- Characteristic of an ammonite
- Person who suffers from loss of memory (amnesia).
- That causes amnesia.
- Pertaining to the amnion.
- Describing a form of featuring alternating
- An element that in combination produces amphid salt; applied by to oxygen, sulphur, selenium, and tellurium.
- The water-soluble part of granulose.
- A military march up-country, especially that of Cyrus the Younger into Asia.
- The first period, or increase, of a disease; augmentation.
- rising (up a slope)
- Of or pertaining to anabasis
- An Ancient Greek name, particularly borne by a Greek lyric poet (570 – 488 notable for his drinking songs and hymns.
- a city in Oklahoma, USA
- Insufficiency or lack of glands, especially those of the gastrointestinal system.
- An anaerobic organism; one that does not require oxygen to sustain its metabolic processes.
- A decorative ornament worked in low relief or bas relief, such as a piece of cameo jewelry.
- A matched pair of images designed to produce a three-dimensional effect when viewed using spectacles that have usually one red and one bluish-green lens, corresponding to the colors of the pairs of images.
- Of, pertaining to, or employing an anagoge
- An inventory; a record.
- A physician's prescription or recipe.
- A mineral, a sodium aluminosilicate with a chemical formula NaAlSi2O6·H2O, having a zeolite structure, found in alkaline basalts.
- An antipyretic and analgesic, derived from quinoline and mainly used to treat rheumatism and neuralgia.
- Of or pertaining to analogy.
- Of, or relating to any form of analysis, or to analytics
- Of, or relating to division into elements or principles
- having the ability to analyse
- that follows necessarily; tautologous
- Of, or relating to algebra or a similar method of analysis
- Being defined in terms of objects of differential calculus such as derivatives
- Of a language, having a grammar principally dependent on the arrangement of uninflected words within sentences to indicate meaning. Compare synthetic.
- Having been subject to analysis; examined closely, carefully considered.
- an instrument for the analysis of something
- a person who analyzes
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- A triclinic-pinacoidal mineral containing calcium, hydrogen, iron, oxygen, and phosphorus.
- The repetition of a phrase at the beginning of phrases, sentences, or verses, used for emphasis.
- An expression that can refer to virtually any referent, the specific referent being defined by context.
- An expression that refers to a preceding expression.
- The most solemn part of the Divine Liturgy or the Mass during which the offerings of bread and wine are consecrated as body and blood of Christ
- Relating to respiration.
- lawless; anarchic
- Relating to, supporting, or likely to cause anarchy.
- Chaotic, without law or order.
- Severe generalised oedema.
- One of a series of substances formed, in secreting cells, by constructive or anabolic processes, in the production of protoplasm.
- A ban or curse pronounced with religious solemnity by ecclesiastical authority, often accompanied by excommunication; something denounced as accursed.
- By extension, something which is vehemently disliked by somebody.
- An imprecation; a curse; a malediction.
- Any person or thing anathematized, or cursed by ecclesiastical authority.
- A bacterial toxin (usually an exotoxin) whose toxicity has been weakened or suppressed.
- A powerful neurotoxin, one of many toxins produced by several species of cyanobacterium.
- One from whom a person is descended, whether on the father's or mother's side, at any distance of time; a progenitor; a forefather.
- An earlier type; a progenitor
- One from whom an estate has descended;—the correlative of heir.
- One who had the same role or function in former times.
- Condition as to ancestors; ancestral lineage; hence, birth or honorable descent.
- A series of ancestors or progenitors; lineage, or those who compose the line of natural descent.
- A mythical Trojan elder in the Iliad and the Aeneid, father of Aeneas.
- Having the extremities turned back, like the flukes of an anchor.
- A resinoid colouring matter obtained from alkanet root.
- The people of classical antiquity, especially such writers and philosophers.
- age; antiquity
- Of or pertaining to the elbow.
- A muscle of the elbow and forearm.
- anconal; resembling the elbow
- Any of a number of places in the English-speaking world named after persons with the surname:
- a city in Indiana, USA
- a city in South Carolina, USA
- Sodium calcium aluminum silicate, (<math>Na_xCa_xAlSi_3O_8</math>), a plagioclase feldspar, the third member of the albite-anorthite solid solution series. Found in fine-grained andesite lavas; crystals are rarely seen.
- Any of the South and Central American trees of the genus especially
- The high-end wood of the andiroba tree.
- A white mineral containing antimony, lead, silver, and sulfur.
- Any member of the Andrenidae family of bees.
- A short account of a real incident or person, often humorous or interesting.
- An account which supports an argument, but which is not supported by scientific or statistical analysis.
- A previously untold secret account of an incident.
- lacking echos; that absorbs sound
- Growing in exposed windy places
- An acrid toxic substance obtained from some species of anemone.
- a shake in timber caused by high winds
- In some female animals, a spell of sexual respite in between breeding periods.
- A particular aromatic compound found in anise.
- An abnormal blood-filled swelling of an artery or vein, resulting from a localized weakness in the wall of the vessel.
- A salt or ester of angelic acid.
- The world of angels.
- The state of being an angel.
- To raise to the state of an angel; to render angelic.
- a condition where blood or lymph vessels are inflamed.
- Relating to angina; anginous.
- Of or pertaining to angina, especially to angina pectoris
- a narrow road passing between two houses or a row of houses, or an alley leading to a single house.
- An island and traditional county at the northwestern extremity of north Wales. It is separated from Caernarfonshire on the mainland by a narrow stretch of water called the Menai Strait.
- A city in Texas, USA
- Having serpents (or similar) in place of legs
- A mythological creature that had serpents in place of legs
- Shaped with corners or angles.
- To make, or to become, angular.
- angular; having corners
- Lacking sharp, recognisable crystal faces.
- the downward slope of an aircraft’s wing
- Short of breath; panting.
- One of the twin sons of Heracles and Hebe, his twin brother is Alexiares. Along with their father, Anicetus and Alexiares are the guardians and gatekeepers of the gates of Mount Olympus.
- Of or pertaining to representations without human or animal form.
- Capable of being put into life or receiving animation.
- of or concerning animals
- In respect of the anima or animal spirits.
- In respect of the physical or "animal" faculties, as opposed to the intellect or spirit.
- Full of life or spirit; indicating animation; lively; vigorous.
- Endowed with life.
- One who animates something; one who brings something to life or the appearance of life.
- One who creates an animation or cartoon; a cartoonist.
- A rare congenital condition characterized by the underdevelopment of the eye's iris.
- Any of a group of mixed carbonate minerals, principally of calcium with iron, magnesium and manganese.
- A native or inhabitant of Vietnam or Annam.
- Pertaining to Annam.
- A device or process that anneals.
- The operator of such a device or process.
- Any animal resembling an annelid.
- A city in that is the of
- A city in
- name of modern usage, transferred from the place name.
- To add annotation to.
- To give public notice, or first notice of; to make known; to publish; to proclaim.
- To pronounce; to declare by judicial sentence.
- Causing irritation or annoyance; troublesome; vexatious.
- troublesome; annoying
- Once every year without fail, yearly
- A priest employed in saying anniversary Masses.
- Having the form of a ring; annular.
- Having an annular form or shape.
- Describes a fern sporangium that has an annulus.
- Describes a mushroom with an annulus on the stipe.
- One of the Annulata.
- One who, or that which, annuls.
- Of or pertaining to the Annuloida.
- Furnished with, or composed of, rings or ring-like segments; ringed.
- Of or pertaining to the Annulosa.
- Of a metal object: having a surface layer of oxide, for decoration or protection, and formed via an electrolytic process.
- The absence of pain in a previously painful region.
- In the way of an anodyne, relating to relief from pain.
- a person who has been anointed, especially for religious reasons