Page 1 from 20
Total results: 20051
- Pertaining to Aaron.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a high priest; priestly.
- Of or pertaining to the lower order of priests.
- Anything forfeited or confiscated.
- Being in a state of abeyance.
- A unit of inductance equal to one billionth (1 x 10-9) of a henry, used in the centimeter-gram-second system of units.
- Continuing or persisting in the same state; lasting; enduring.
- The action of one who abides; the state of an abider.
- An abode.
- The de facto capital and largest city of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Of or relating to Abidjan.
- Of the style prevalent in Abidjan.
- Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- A region of Syria south and southeast of Damascus.
- A city of west-central Texas west-southwest of Fort Worth; founded in 1881 with the coming of the railroad, the city first prospered as a shipping center for cattle.
- A city in Kansas
- Belonging to a prehistoric culture of central Texas, characterized by oval grinding stones.
- To form by cutting off as a protrusion from a parent cell.
- To separate from the hypha of a fungus by the formation of a septum.
- Washing away; carrying off impurities; detergent.
- A detergent.
- An extract manufactured from the bacterium and is used to study contagious abortions in cattle.
- To hide, to be in hiding or concealment.
- To flee, often secretly; to steal away, particularly to avoid arrest or prosecution.
- To withdraw from.
- To conceal; to take away.
- To evade, to hide or flee from.
- Keep or withhold oneself.
- Refrain from (something); hold oneself aloof; to forbear or keep from doing, especially an indulgence of the passions or appetites.
- Deliberately refrain from casting one's vote at a meeting where one is present.
- Hinder; keep back; withhold.
- Misuse, abuse.
- Abuse of the truth; deceit, lying.
- Violation of law or propriety; outrage, improper behaviour.
- Physical, mental, verbal, or sexual abuse.
- A follower of a 4th-century bishop.
- Of or relating to the Acacians.
- Relating to a rift that occurred in the early 6th century, between the Eastern and Western Christian churches, occurring during the rule of
- A glycoside found in the leaves of a false acacia tree, Robinia pseudoacacia; C28H32O14.
- Of or pertaining to Acadia, its people, or their language or culture.
- Of or pertaining to the Acadian epoch.
- A native of Acadia or their descendants who moved to Louisiana; a Cajun.
- A French speaking descendant of the early settlers in the Maritime Provinces.
- Acadian French: the form of French spoken in Acadia.
- The Middle Cambrian epoch, lasting from 497 million years ago to 509 million years ago.
- A prickle.
- A spine or prickly fin.
- A spinous process of a vertebra.
- The state in which the level of carbon dioxide in the blood and tissue is significantly lower than normal.
- Relating to mites (of the genus Acarus)
- Of or caused by acari or mites.
- To prepare oneself for action.
- A registry of pecuniary transactions; a written or printed statement of business dealings or debts and credits, and also of other things subjected to a reckoning or review
- A sum of money deposited at a bank and subject to withdrawal.
- A statement in general of reasons, causes, grounds, etc., explanatory of some event; a reason of an action to be done.
- A reason, grounds, consideration, motive.
- A business relationship involving the exchange of money and credit.
- A record of events; recital of transactions; a relation or narrative; a report; a description.
- An estimate or estimation; valuation; judgment.
- Importance; worth; value; esteem; judgement.
- An authorization to use a service.
- A reckoning; computation; calculation; enumeration; a record of some reckoning.
- Profit; advantage.
- to provide explanation
- To present an account of; to answer for, to justify.
- To give an account of financial transactions, money received etc.
- To estimate, consider (something to be as described).
- To consider
- To give a satisfactory evaluation financial transactions, money received etc.
- To give a satisfactory evaluation (one's actions, behaviour etc.); to answer
- To give a satisfactory reason to explain.
- To establish the location someone.
- To cause the death, capture, or destruction of someone or something (+
- to count
- To calculate, work out (especially with periods of time).
- To count (up), enumerate.
- To recount, relate (a narrative etc.).
- The compound 3-hydroxybutanone CH3-CO-CH(OH)-CH3 that is one of the constituents of the flavour of butter
- Consisting of acini, or minute granular concretions.
- participle of recognized, confessed, disclosed, revealed, realized
- Having no dip; horizontal
- Without inclination or dipping.
- Pertaining to acnodes
- An amorphous, bitter, non-poisonous alkaloid, derived from the decomposition of aconitine.
- The herb wolfsbane, or monkshood; any plant of the genus Aconitum, all the species of which are poisonous.
- An extract or tincture obtained from used as a poison and medicinally.
- Threadlike defensive organs, composed largely of nettling cells (cnidae), thrown out of the mouth or special pores of certain Actiniae when irritated.
- Furnished or loaded with acorns
- Fed or filled with acorns.
- A leader of a plowing team in medieval England.
- any flowerless plant whose growth takes place at the tip of the main stem, especially the cryptogam ferns
- An abbreviation formed by the initial letters of other words (as "TNT"), sometimes exclusively such abbreviations when pronounced as a word rather than as individual letters (as "laser").
- An abbreviation formed by the beginning letters or syllables of other words (as "Benelux").
- Pertaining to the side or surface around the mouth in an animal that has radial symmetry such as a starfish.
- Pertaining to the axis of rotational symmetry in radiate animals.
- Of or relating to actinism.
- Composed of actin.
- Related to or caused by light or radiation. In medicine, actinic keratoses usually occur in sundamaged skin and exhibit hyperkeratosis.Kumar, Vinay; Abbas, Abul K Abul.; Aster, Jon (2015) Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease (9th ed.). Saunders Elsevier. p. 1154
- The isotope of radon
- An actinide
- A peptide that participates in the regulation of the menstrual cycle, cell proliferation, apoptosis, metabolism, and many other diverse functions.
- Similar to the adamant; very difficult to break, pierce, or cut.
- An imaginary rock or mineral of impenetrable hardness; a name given to the diamond and other substances of extreme hardness.
- An embodiment of impregnable hardness.
- A magnet; a lodestone.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name popular in the 2000s, following Alison and Madison.
- A place name, including:
- a town in Vermont, USA, named after the poet Joseph Addison.
- form of (earnings).
- The act of causing fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell or other outer layer.
- a prince, especially an Anglo-Saxon prince or royal heir
- An enzyme found especially in animal tissue (as liver) that hydrolyzes adenine to hypoxanthine and ammonia.
- Of or relating to lymphatic glands or lymphoid tissue; lymphoid.
- One of two folds of lymphatic tissue covered by ciliated epithelium. They are found in the roof and posterior wall of the nasopharynx at the back of the throat behind the uvula. They may obstruct normal breathing and make speech difficult when swollen, a condition often called adenitis.
- A benign tumour of the epithelium arising from or resembling a gland.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenous.
- Like a gland; full of glands; glandulous; adenose.
- That is related to another functor by an adjunction.
- Having a relationship of the nature of an adjoint (adjoint curve); sharing multiple points with.
- The transpose of the cofactor matrix of a given square matrix.
- Transpose conjugate.
- Hermitian conjugate.
- A functor related to another functor by an adjunction.
- A curve A such that any point of a given curve C of multiplicity r has multiplicity at least r–1 on A. Sometimes the multiple points of C are required to be ordinary, and if this condition is not satisfied the term sub-adjoint is used.
- An assistant to someone who holds a position in the military or civil service.
- An assistant mayor of a French commune.
- To postpone.
- To defer; to put off temporarily or indefinitely.
- To end or suspend an event.
- To move from one place to another.
- An appendage; something attached to something else in a subordinate capacity.
- A person associated with another, usually in a subordinate position; a colleague.
- A quality or property of the body or mind, whether natural or acquired, such as colour in the body or judgement in the mind.
- A key or scale closely related to another as principal; a relative or attendant key.
- A dispensable phrase in a clause or sentence that amplifies its meaning, such as "for a while" in "I typed for a while".
- A constituent which is both the daughter and the sister of an X-bar.
- One of a pair of morphisms which relate to each other through a pair of adjoint functors.
- Connected in a subordinate function.
- Added to a faculty or staff in a secondary position.
- Having the property of being adnexed.
- Narrowly attached to a stem or stipe.
- Of or pertaining to Adonis.
- One who maintains that the vowel points of the Tetragrammaton translated "Jehovah" are the vowel points that belong to the word Adonai.
- Showing adoration or admiration.
- Having been decorated or embellished through applied items or alterations (adornments).
- One who places adornments; one who adorns.
- Pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
- Near the kidneys.
- An adrenal gland.
- To bring forward; to move towards the front; to make to go on.
- To raise; to elevate.
- To raise to a higher rank; to promote.
- To accelerate the growth or progress of; to further; to forward; to help on; to aid; to heighten.
- To bring to view or notice; to offer or propose; to show.
- To make earlier, as an event or date; to hasten.
- To furnish, as money or other value, before it becomes due, or in aid of an enterprise; to supply beforehand.
- To raise to a higher point; to enhance; to raise in rate.
- To move forwards, to approach.
- To extol; to laud.
- A forward move; improvement or progression.
- An amount of money or credit, especially given as a loan, or paid before it is due; an advancement.
- An addition to the price; rise in price or value.
- An opening approach or overture, especially of an unwelcome or sexual nature.
- Completed before need or a milestone event.
- A moon of Saturn.
- An antiaircraft cannon.
- The individual witness whose statement is contained in an affidavit or sworn deposition.
- Of a family relationship by marriage of a relative (or through affinity), as opposed to consanguinity; in-law.
- In a flaunting state or position.
- A close but separated relationship.
- In a contrary direction to.
- Close to.
- In front of; before a background.
- In physical contact with.
- In physical opposition to, or in collision with.
- A contrasting or competitive relationship.
- In contrast and/or comparison with.
- In competition with, versus.
- In opposition to.
- In exchange for.
- As counterbalance to.
- As a charge on.
- As protection from.
- Exposed to.
- In anticipation of; in preparation for (a particular time, event etc.).
- By the time that (something happened); before.
- a cell that divides by
- Resembling or pertaining to agate.
- lasting throughout all time; eternal
- A task which ought to be done.
- The position of being an agent.
- An oppositional person, especially one opposed to government actions and projects.
- Styled or called apart from given name and surname.
- of the male bloodline; patrilineal
- An additional cognomen given, as an honour, to a Roman citizen.
- The inability to recognize objects by use of the senses.
- Epistemologically necessary lack of, indifference to, denial or shunning of, or defective knowledge.
- Someone involved in a contest or battle (as in an agon), protagonist.
- The muscle that contracts while the other relaxes.
- A molecule that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction.
- To writhe with agony; to suffer violent anguish.
- To struggle; to wrestle; to strive desperately, whether mentally or physically.
- Resting on the bottom.
- at a loss, ruined, with no way out
- Resting on the bottom.
- The absence of female organs, such as on double flowers which have petals but no pistils.
- Without female organs; male.
- The hinged part on the trailing edge of an airplane wing, used to control lateral turns.
- A half gable, as at the end of a penthouse or of the aisle of a church.
- Something which ails one; a disease; sickness.
- A thoughtless, light-hearted person.
- A thick-walled, dormant cell found in cyanobacteria and green algae
- A given name
- An Arabic tale about a young man named Aladdin who is recruited by a sorcerer to get a magic lamp from a cave; often adapted into comic pantomime in Britain
- The young man who is the protagonist and title character of the story
- A nonessential amino acid 2-aminopropanoic acid found in most animal proteins
- A specific residue, molecule, or isomer of this amino acid
- name, a spelling variant of Alana.
- An ornamental evergreen shrub ( belonging to the buckthorns.
- The state of being winged.
- An oriental shrub ( from which henna is obtained.
- Descendent of Perseus and Andromeda, the wife of Amphitryon, and mother, by Zeus, of Heracles/Hercules.
- Short for a main belt asteroid.
- At full length; lengthwise.
- An edible marine fish of California (
- name, a variant of Alfonso.
- A yellow supergiant in the constellation Perseus; Alpha (α) Persei.
- A variable star in the constellation Pegasus; Gamma (γ) Pegasi. It forms one corner of the square of Pegasus.
- Relating to alginic acid or its derivatives
- A kind of wine, formerly much esteemed, said to have been made near Alicante in Spain.
- In an alien manner.
- Having been placed, arranged or formed in alignment (with something).
- Allied or working together with a common goal.
- One who, or that which, aligns.
- Nourishment, sustenance.
- An allowance for maintenance; alimony.
- To feed, nourish.
- To sustain, support.
- A court-mandated allowance made to a former spouse by a divorced or legally separated person.
- The means to support life.
- From another source; from elsewhere.
- a plant whose root is used as a red dye.
- The dyeing matter extracted from the plant, giving a deep red colour.
- Other plants of the genus.
- ( a similar plant.
- ( or
- ( a blue-flowered plant with evergreen leaves.
- The American puccoon.
- Any simple aliphatic alcohol
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from an alkene
- Any univalent radical derived from an alkene
- An ally; a confederate.
- name transferred from the surname; mostly of persons born before 1950.
- name taken into general use in the 1940s; usually interpreted as a spelling variant of Alison.
- a small city in Iowa, USA
- totality; completeness
- A pseudonym, another person's name used as a pseudonym by the author of a work.
- An allonymous work: a book published under the name of a person other than its true author.
- An oxidation product of uric acid, 2,4,5,6(1H,3H)-pyrimidinetetrone, capable of inducing diabetes by destroying pancreatic tissue
- A book or table listing nautical, astronomical, astrological or other events for the year; sometimes, but not essentially, containing historical and statistical information.
- A handbook, typically published annually, containing information on a particular subject
- Redolent of almonds.
- one who distributes especially the doles and alms of religious houses, almshouses;
- one who dispenses alms for another, as the almoner of a prince, bishop
- a title given to a royal officer charged with the duty of distributing alms or bounty on behalf of a monarch
- A hospital official responsible for patient welfare and after-care.
- A building in which alms were distributed
- One who depends on the receipt of alms, a beggar.
- A measure by the ell.
- A sworn officer in England, whose duty was to inspect woollen cloth and fix a seal upon it.
- A large blue star in the constellation of Orion; Epsilon (ε) Orionis. It is one of the three stars that form Orion's Belt.
- A triple star in the constellation of Orion; Zeta (ζ) Orionis. It is one of the three stars that form Orion's Belt.
- A member of the Alogi, a group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- Exclusive; sole; only.
- Only; merely; singly.
- Beta Aquilae, a star in the constellation Aquila
- Of or relating to the Altai, a mountain chain in Central Asia.
- the national parliament of Iceland
- An alto or tenor saxhorn
- A male pupil or student.
- A male graduate.
- A student of either gender.
- A graduate of either gender.
- alumina, especially a product made from fused alumina
- A gray, water-soluble mineral, potassium aluminium sulphate; the natural source of alum, KAl3(SO4)2(OH)6.
- Lacking hands or manus.
- Causing wonder and amazement; very surprising.
- Possessing uniquely wonderful qualities.
- Very good.
- Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping.
- Evoking or creating an atmosphere: atmospheric.
- Relating to, or suitable for, storage at room temperature.
- Containing objects or describing a setting that one is interested in.
- Something that surrounds; encompassing material, substance or shape.
- The atmosphere; the surrounding air or sky; atmospheric components collectively such as air, clouds, water vapour, hail, etc.
- A type of modern music which incorporates elements of various musical styles, and creates a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
- The act of one who ambles.
- A south-east Asian tree,
- The reddish, mottled or striped wood of this tree, used in cabinetmaking
- A fragrant substance derived from ambergris, used in the perfume industry.
- a municipality and one of the West Frisian Islands off the north coast of the Netherlands, neighbouring Terschelling to the west and Schiermonnikoog to the east
- That has been modified from a previous form.
- A thing or circumstance that is welcome and makes life a little easier or more pleasant.
- a unit pertaining to the infrastructure of a community, such as a public toilet, a postbox, a library etc.
- Mental impairment; state of being mentally handicapped.
- An American Indian.
- Of or relating to a hypothetical higher-level language family including all of the indigenous languages of the Americas, excluding those that belong to the Eskimo-Aleut or the Na-Dene.
- any of several classes of organic compound, formally derived from oxoacids, by replacement of the hydroxy group with an amino group, and the oxo group with =NR
- An enzyme involved in amination.
- To introduce one or more amino groups into a compound, in the process of amination
- An explosive made up of ammonium nitrate, trinitrotoluene, and aluminium powder.
- A gaseous compound of hydrogen and nitrogen, NH3, with a pungent smell and taste.
- Relating to ammonia.
- Relating to the cornu ammonis.
- Of, pertaining to, or suffering from amnesia
- A person suffering from amnesia
- Any of the Amniota group of vertebrates having an amnion during the development of the embryo; mammals, birds and reptiles.
- removal; ousting, especially, of a corporate officer from office
- deprivation of possession
- Funny, hilarious.
- The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense (especially in Biblical criticism).
- The spiritual or mystical interpretation of a word or passage beyond the literal, allegorical or moral sense.
- the name of an Iranian goddess, associated with fertility, healing and wisdom.
- a city in Texas, USA
- state of painlessness, absence of pain
- Of or relating to analgia.
- The state of being anal.
- A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.
- To subject to analysis.
- To resolve (anything complex) into its elements.
- To separate into the constituent parts, for the purpose of an examination of each separately.
- To examine in such a manner as to ascertain the elements or nature of the thing examined; as, to analyze a fossil substance, to analyze a sentence or a word, or to analyze an action to ascertain its morality.
- All the vertebrates, such as the Amphibia, which lack an amnion during development.
- a city in Iowa, USA
- In qualitative metre, a metrical foot consisting of three syllables, two unstressed and one stressed (e.g., the word "interrupt").
- In quantitative metre, a metrical foot consisting of three syllables, two short and one long (e.g., the word "velveteen").
- A fragment, phrase or line of poetry or verse using this meter, e.g.
- tactile anesthesia; the total or partial absence of the sense of touch
- Resumption of breathing after a period of halted respiration.
- Any amniote whose skull does not have openings near the temples.
- The state of a society being without authorities or an authoritative governing body.
- Anarchism; the political theory that a community is best organized by the voluntary cooperation of individuals, rather than by a government, which is regarded as being coercive by nature.
- A chaotic and confusing absence of any form of political authority or government.
- Confusion in general; disorder.
- Being of the family Anatidae, comprising the swans, geese, and ducks.
- Pertaining to or resembling a duck; ducklike.
- The doctrine that there is no transcendental ego or soul; that the perceived true self is an illusion. Corresponds to the Hinayana or Theravada Buddhist doctrine of anattā.
- The art of studying the different parts of any organized body, to discover their situation, structure, and economy; dissection.
- The science that deals with the form and structure of organic bodies; anatomical structure or organization.
- A treatise or book on anatomy.
- The act of dividing anything, corporeal or intellectual, for the purpose of examining its parts; analysis
- The form of an individual, particularly a person, used in a tongue in cheek manner, as might be a term used by a medical professional, but in a markedly a less formal context, in which a touch of irony becomes apparent.
- A skeleton, or dead body.
- The physical or functional organization of an organism, or part of it.
- native carbonate of soda; natron
- Any small saltwater fish of the Engraulidae family, consisting of 160 species in 16 genera, of which the genus Engraulis is widely sold as food.
- Having lasted from a remote period; having been of long duration; of great age; very old.
- Existent or occurring in time long past, usually in remote ages; belonging to or associated with antiquity; old, as opposed to modern.
- Relating to antiquity as a primarily European historical period; the time before the Middle Ages.
- Experienced; versed.
- Former; sometime.
- A person who is very old.
- A person who lived in ancient times.
- A flag, banner, standard or ensign.
- One of the senior members of the Inns of Court or of Chancery.
- A senior; an elder; a predecessor.
- A maid.
- An auxiliary or accessory
- A maidservant; a handmaid.
- located towards the elbow
- Of or pertaining to the elbow
- Related to the Andaman Islands, or to their people or languages.
- A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a moderately slow tempo; faster than adagio but slower than allegretto.
- A passage having this mark.
- Played at a moderately slow tempo.
- Describing a passage having this mark.
- A utensil for supporting wood when burning in a fireplace, one being placed on each side
- A town in Hampshire, southern UK.
- name from the Latin form of Andrew.
- A medieval long dagger.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of anergy
- Not using or containing fluid
- An aneroid barometer
- An Eskimo/Inuit sorcerer or shaman.
- A small gold coin once used in England; a half angel.
- A French gold coin of the reign of bearing the image of St. Michael; also, a piece coined at Paris by the English under Henry VI.
- An old musical instrument of the lute kind.
- A sort of small, rich cheese, made in Normandy.
- Having been made angry.
- Related to angina.
- Resembling a blood vessel
- A benign tumor made up of small blood vessels or lymph vessels.
- Of or pertaining to the Angles (Germanic people)
- Of or pertaining to East Anglia
- An Angle (member of a Germanic people)
- An Old English dialect from Mercia or Northumbria
- To convert into English; to anglicise.
- A form of fishing, with a rod, line and angle (hook) for recreation or sport.
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- In an angry manner; under the influence of anger.
- An achondrite consisting mostly of augite with some olivine and troilite
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- In the night time; at night.
- Any organic compound derived from an oxoacid by replacement of a hydroxyl group by an aniline residue; an amide of aniline.
- Any compound in which one of the nitrogen-bound hydrogen atoms of aniline is replaced by a metal or other cation.
- Any member of the Aniliidae.
- The simplest aromatic amine, C6H5NH2, synthesized by the reduction of nitrobenzene; it is a colourless oily basic poisonous liquid used in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals.
- A univalent radical derived from aniline
- The condition of being anile.
- A belief that spirits inhabit some or all classes of natural objects or phenomena.
- A belief that an immaterial force animates the universe.
- A doctrine that animal life is produced by an immaterial spirit.
- A believer in animism.
- Resolute and full of vigor; vehement.
- Of or pertaining to an anion.
- an anionic detergent
- A salt or ester of anisic acid.
- The seed-like fruit of the anise, used in baking and in the flavouring of liqueurs such as ouzo.
- The aromatic ether methoxybenzene; it is used in perfumery and in organic synthesis; and derivative of this compound
- Any of three isomeric univalent radicals derived from anisic acid
- A tropical American evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lipstick tree; the fruit of the tree.
- The seed of this tree used as a colouring or in Latin American cooking.
- An orange-red dye obtained from this seed.
- any of various wormlike animals, of the phylum Annelida, having a segmented body; they include the earthworm and the leech
- of, or relating to these creatures
- Troubled, irritated by something unwanted or unliked (an annoyance); vexed.
- annual; yearly
- A yearbook.
- nodding; used in nodding
- A right to receive amounts of money regularly over a certain fixed period, in perpetuity, or, especially, over the remaining life or lives of one or more beneficiaries.
- Pertaining to, or having the form of, a ring; ring-shaped; in the shape of an annulus.
- Banded or marked with circles.
- The person or authority that annuls.
- A small ring.
- A ring-shaped molding at the top of a column
- A small circle borne as a charge in coats of arms.
- A ring- or donut-shaped area or structure.
- The region in a plane between two concentric circles of different radius.
- Any topological space homeomorphic to the region in a plane between two concentric circles of different radius.
- The ring of the sun not covered by the moon in an annular solar eclipse.
- Structure in a fern that consists of differentially thick-walled cells on a sporangium that bend and distort as a result of drying.
- The membranous remnants of a partial veil which leaves a ring on the stem of a mushroom.
- The space contained between the centre well bore and any external tubing. Sometimes used for separated gas flow.
- to coat the surface of a metal electrolytically with an oxide, either as protection or decoration
- Capable of soothing or eliminating pain.
- Soothing or relaxing.
- Noncontentious, blandly agreeable, unlikely to cause offence or debate; bland, inoffensive.
- Any medicine or other agent that relieves pain.
- A source of relaxation or comfort.
- Of or relating to anoesis.
- unthinkable; incapable of being thought
- The portion of an electrolyte near an anode, especially in a cell in which the cathode and anode are in separate compartments
- A deviation from a rule or from what is regarded as normal; an outlier.
- Something or someone that is strange or unusual.
- Any event or measurement that is out of the ordinary regardless of whether it is exceptional or not.
- Any of various angular distances.
- A defect or malformation.
- A failure of a classical symmetry due to quantum corrections.
- An irregularity or disproportion.
- Not according to rule; abnormal.
- Inability to smell; the inability to perceive odors.
- Having anosmia; lacking a sense of smell.
- Lacking olfactory organs; anosmatic.
- A person with anosmia; a person lacking a sense of smell.
- Having a handle.
- An agent that counteracts or neutralizes acidity, especially in the stomach.
- Counteracting or neutralizing acidity, especially in the stomach.
- Relating to a half-giant slain by Hercules in Greek mythology.
- Having superhuman strength, resembling that of Antaeus.
- A city in Turkey
- The point opposite the solar apex
- Alpha Scorpii (α Sco), the brightest star in the constellation Scorpius. It is a M type red giant, and is a binary with a B type companion visible in greenish.
- Any of various drab-colored South American birds of the family Thamnophilidae that feed on ants.
- The vertical blocks which terminate the covering tiles of the roof of a Roman, Etruscan, or Greek temple.
- Any decoration serving to cover the ends of roofing tiles.
- A feeler organ on the head of an insect, crab, or other animal.
- An apparatus to receive or transmit radio waves and convert respectively to or from an electrical signal.
- The faculty of intuitive astuteness.
- A son of Aesyetes
- One of the Charites worshipped in Athens.
- A cymose corymb with the lateral flowers higher than the central ones.
- Resembling a flower.
- A flower or, more commonly, a floret that has the simplest, most basic type of structure.
- name, in regular use since the Middle Ages.
- A city in Kansas, USA
- A city in New Mexico
- A town in Texas
- The state or essence of being an ant.
- An acute infectious disease of herbivores, especially sheep and cattle, caused by Bacillus anthracis.
- The human disease that can occur in humans through contact with infected herbivores, tissue from infected animals, or high concentrations of anthrax spores, but is not usually spread between humans, with symptoms including lesions on the skin or in the lungs, often fatal.
- Any of three isomeric univalent radicals derived from anthracene
- A resort town on the Côte d'Azur in the Alpes-Maritimes department of southeastern France.
- Serving to kill or repel bugs (insects).
- Serving to counteract bugs (surveillance devices).
- Oriented towards the apex.
- Of or pertaining to the surface of a prostrate thallus that is oriented away from the substrate.
- Opposed to automobiles or the excessive use of automobiles
- An automobile that defies the normal idea of a car
- In an odd or grotesque manner.
- A dangerous inflammatory swelling of a horse's breast, just opposite the heart.
- Counteracting fat; having a slimming effect; antiobesity.
- Opposed to obese people; fattist.
- A divine being opposed to the gods.
- Opposed to the use or ownership of guns
- Preventing jamming (communications interference).
- the name of a number of cities founded by kings of the Seleucid dynasty, the most famous being "Antioch on the Orontes" in ancient Syria (modern-day Antakya in south-eastern Turkey).
- A city in California.
- A village in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Clinton County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wright Township, Greene County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Pike Township, Jay County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Posey Township, Switzerland County, Indiana, USA
- A ghost town in Nebraska.
- A village in Ohio.
- Opposed to the use of marijuana.
- Old, used especially of furniture and household items; out of date.
- An old piece of furniture, household item, or other similar item.
- An old person.
- To shop for antiques; to search for antiques.
- To make an object appear to be an antique in some way.
- One of the three possible colours of an antiquark, corresponding to red in a quark.
- Preventing sagging.
- Opposed to sexual activity
- A hypothetical sun composed of antimatter.
- sunblock, sunscreen
- Acting against or opposed to taxes.
- Resembling an ant. Often used specifically in reference to apparent size or significance
- A small, immature, or miniature ant.
- The most populous province of Flanders and Belgium.
- The capital city of the eponymous
- An unpleasant state of mental uneasiness, nervousness, apprehension and obsession or concern about some uncertain event.
- An uneasy or distressing desire (for something).
- A state of restlessness and agitation, often accompanied by a distressing sense of oppression or tightness in the stomach.
- Nervous and worried.
- Full of anxiety or disquietude; greatly concerned or solicitous, especially respecting something future or unknown;
- Accompanied with, or causing, anxiety; worrying
- Earnestly desirous
- Any one out of an indefinite number of persons; anyone; any person.
- A person of some consideration or standing.
- In any way.
- Anyway, anyhow, in any case.
- At any point in time.
- a large hypostyle hall in ancient Persian palaces
- A small, young, or immature ape.
- Loss of voice; the inability to speak
- Of, relating to, or exhibiting aphonia; unable to speak.
- A lens that has been corrected for spherical aberration and coma in order to produce a rectilinear image.
- Connected with the apogee.
- The point of an elliptical lunar orbit where the distance between the satellite and the Moon is at its maximum.
- An unincorporated community and former city in Georgia, USA, and the county seat of Columbia County.
- To set, fix or determine (a time or place for something such as a meeting, or the meeting itself) by authority or agreement.
- To name (someone to a post or role).
- To furnish or equip (a place) completely; to provide with all the equipment or furnishings necessary; to fit out.
- To equip (someone) with (something); to assign (someone) authoritatively (some equipment).
- To fix the disposition of (property) by designating someone to take use of (it).
- To fix with power or firmness by decree or command; to ordain or establish.
- To resolve; to determine; to ordain.
- Wearing an apron.
- Any of the Aptera, an obsolete taxonomic category of wingless arthropods.
- suitability; the quality of being apt or suitable
- disposition of the mind; propensity
- quickness of apprehension; readiness in learning; docility
- proneness; tendency
- Of or pertaining to Apulia.
- An inhabitant or a resident of Apulia.
- Of sperm in species that exhibit infertile.