Page 1 from 13
Total results: 12913
- A member of the Sioux tribe of American Indian; Siouan.
- Characterized by avoidance or withdrawal.
- A Negrillo people of Gabon.
- The people of the Abongo tribe.
- To be full to overflowing.
- To be wealthy.
- To be highly productive.
- To be present or available in large numbers; to be plentiful.
- To revel in.
- To be copiously supplied;
- An toxic amino acid obtained from jequirity beans; C12H14N2O2, that is different than abrin.
- Being away from a place; withdrawn from a place; not present; missing.
- Not existing; lacking.
- Inattentive to what is passing; absent-minded; preoccupied.
- Absentee; a person who is away on occasion.
- In the absence of; without.
- To keep (oneself) away.
- To keep (someone) away.
- Stay away; withdraw.
- To set on fire; to kindle.
- A higher-pitched or stronger articulation of a particular syllable of a word or phrase in order to distinguish it from the others or to emphasize it.
- Emphasis or importance in general.
- A mark or character used in writing, in order to indicate the place of the spoken accent, or to indicate the nature or quality of the vowel marked.
- Modulation of the voice in speaking; the manner of speaking or pronouncing; a peculiar or characteristic modification of the voice, expressing emotion; tone.
- The distinctive manner of pronouncing a language associated with a particular region, social group, etc., whether of a native speaker or a foreign speaker; the phonetic and phonological aspects of a dialect.
- A distinctive manner of producing a sign language, such as someone who does not normally use a certain sign language might have when using it.
- A word; a significant tone or sound.
- Expressions in general; speech.
- Stress laid on certain syllables of a verse.
- A regularly recurring stress upon the tone to mark the beginning, and, more feebly, the third part of the measure.
- A special emphasis of a tone, even in the weaker part of the measure.
- The rhythmical accent, which marks phrases and sections of a period.
- The expressive emphasis and shading of a passage.
- A mark used to represent specific stress on a note.
- A mark placed at the right hand of a letter, and a little above it, to distinguish magnitudes of a similar kind expressed by the same letter, but differing in value, as y', y''.
- A mark at the right hand of a number, indicating minutes of a degree, seconds, etc., as in 12' 27'', meaning twelve minutes and twenty-seven seconds.
- A mark used to denote feet and inches, as in 6' 10'', meaning six feet ten inches.
- Emphasis laid on a part of an artistic design or composition; an emphasized detail, in particular a detail in sharp contrast to its surroundings.
- A very small gemstone set into a piece of jewellery.
- A distinctive feature or quality.
- To express the accent of vocally; to utter with accent.
- To mark emphatically; to emphasize; to accentuate; to make prominent.
- To mark with written accents.
- the triglyceride of acetic acid
- A small, dry, indehiscent fruit, containing a single seed, as in the buttercup.
- That aches; continuously painful.
- The feeling of an ache; a dull pain.
- A man's knee-length jacket worn in parts of India, Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- Of, pertaining to, or located in an acinus.
- One of the small grains or drupelets which make up some kinds of fruit, as the blackberry, raspberry, etc.
- A grape-stone.
- One of the granular masses which constitute a racemose or compound gland, as the pancreas; also, one of the saccular recesses in the lobules of a racemose gland.
- To recognize.
- To acknowledge; confess (often with "of" or "on"), reveal, disclose, realize
- An isolated point not upon a curve, but whose coordinates satisfy the equation of the curve so that it is considered as belonging to the curve.
- Temporarily assuming the duties or authority of another person when they are unable to do their job.
- An intended action or deed.
- The occupation of an actor.
- The deeds or actions of parties are called actings to avoid confusion with the legal senses of deeds and actions.
- Something done so as to accomplish a purpose.
- A way of motion or functioning.
- A fast-paced activity.
- A mechanism; a moving part or assembly.
- The mechanism, that is the set of moving mechanical parts, of a keyboard instrument, like a piano, which transfers the motion of the key to the sound-making device.Marshall Cavendish Corporation Growing Up with Science p.1079
- sexual intercourse.
- The distance separating the strings and the fretboard on the guitar.
- A charge or other process in a law court (also called lawsuit and actio).
- A mapping from a pairing of mathematical objects to one of them, respecting their individual structures. The pairing is typically a Cartesian product or a tensor product. The object that is not part of the output is said to act on the other object. In any given context, action is used as an abbreviation for a more fully named notion, like group action or left group action.
- The event or connected series of events, either real or imaginary, forming the subject of a play, poem, or other composition; the unfolding of the drama of events.
- The attitude or position of the several parts of the body as expressive of the sentiment or passion depicted.
- spin put on the bowling ball.
- A share in the capital stock of a joint-stock company, or in the public funds.
- To act on a request etc, in order to put it into effect.
- To initiate a legal action against someone.
- Quickness of perception or discernment; penetration of mind; the faculty of nice discrimination.
- A sharp, tapering point extending from a plant.
- A bony, often sharp, protuberance, especially that of the ischium.
- Any one of two or more numbers or other terms that are to be added together.
- A moiety added to another molecule.
- To furnish with an addendum.
- To furnish with an addend.
- The univalent radical derived from adenine
- To be in contact or connection with.
- To extend an algebraic object (e.g. a field, a ring etc.) by adding to it (an element not belonging to it) and all finite power series of (the element).
- Linked or fused to something unlike itself.
- Growing with one side adherent to a stem; applied to the lateral zooids of corals and other compound animals. in fish, having the eyes fused and unable to rotate independently
- The appendages of an organ.
- an adjective used as a noun (sensu stricto), an absolute adjective
- an adjective
- Of or pertaining to Adonis.
- Very beautiful or handsome; physically perfect.
- having a dactyl followed by either a spondee or a trochee.
- A verse consisting of a dactyl and spondee.
- To accede or to come to; to be superadded to, to be added to something or become a part of it, though inessential.
- Relating to, or characteristic of mosquitos of the genus Aedes
- A nymph of the island that bears her name.
- Short for a main belt asteroid.
- An island in Greece.
- in front; face to face
- in front of
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time.
- Becoming elderly.
- The capacity, condition, or state of acting or of exerting power; action or activity; operation.
- A person or thing through which power is exerted or an end is achieved: instrumentality, means.
- The office or function of an agent; also, the relationship between a principal and that person's agent.
- An establishment engaged in doing business for another; also, the place of business or the district of such an agency.
- A department or other administrative unit of a government; also, the office or headquarters of, or the district administered by such unit of government.
- A corn or sore on the toe or finger.
- Torn skin near a toenail or fingernail.
- An appellation over and above the given name and surname.
- A relative whose relation is traced only through male members of the family.
- Any paternal male relative.
- Related to someone by male connections or on the paternal side of the family.
- allied; akin
- Having a similar semantic meaning.
- To recognise; to acknowledge.
- A lack of spiritual understanding or insight; a lack of enlightenment.
- A deficit in the ability to perceive.
- A patient suffering from an agnosy.
- Ignorance, especially that which is common to a group or category of people.
- Of or pertaining to the pain of death
- Lacking an angle.
- Having a magnetic deviation of zero.
- helpful, assisting
- An army medical corpsman attached to a field unit.
- An ailment.
- Sickly; sick; ill; unwell.
- The act of one who aims.
- A painful constriction of the base of the fifth toe, frequently followed by autoamputation, occurring predominantly in black Africans and their descendants.
- An exposure to warm or fresh air.
- A public expression of an opinion or discussion of a subject.
- A pilot of an aircraft.
- A member of an air force.
- A person of a rank in the U.S. Air Force above Airman Basic and below Airman First Class.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- A stuffed jacket worn under the mail, or (later) a jacket plated with mail.
- A spiritual leader in Persia and parts of Central Asia.
- The univalent acyl radical, CH3CH(NH2)CO-, derived from the amino acid alanine.
- A type of extinct breed of domesticated dog, related to the modern bulldog and mastiff, or modern breeds created in imitation of it.
- Scotland north of the River Forth.
- A prominent duchy bestowed upon younger sons of the royal family, belonging first to the Scottish peerage and then (after the 1707 Act of Union) to the British. It is currently suspended.
- The capital city of the state of New York in the United States of America.
- A major river of Ontario in Canada.
- A Hudson's Bay Company trading post in Ontario and the community that remains at its site.
- A sizable city in Georgia in the United States (76,939 during the 2000 census).
- A former district in the Eastern Cape of South Africa.
- Any of numerous minor American communities and towns:
- A home-rule class city in Kentucky
- A city in Oregon
- A city in Western Australia.
- A suburb of Auckland, New Zealand.
- The bleak, a small European fish with silvery scales.
- A protective substance that exists in the serum or other bodily fluid and is capable of killing microorganisms; complement.
- The third brightest star in the constellation of Gemini
- A hydrocarbon containing at least one carbon–carbon triple bond.
- Measurement (of cloth) by the ell.
- A duty paid for such measurement.
- An alloy of aluminium, nickel and cobalt, sometimes alloyed with smaller amounts of iron, copper, titanium and used primarily in the manufacture of magnets.
- name, variant of Alfonso.
- name, variant of Alfonso.
- A market town in Cumbria, England.
- A village in Devon, England.
- A village in Lancashire, England.
- A small town in Georgia, USA.
- A female pupil or student (especially of a university or college).
- A female graduate.
- An individual alumnus or alumna.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling an amoeba
- Starch modified by heat so as to become a transparent mass, like horn. It is soluble in cold water.
- A large city which is the capital of The Somme, France.
- Characteristic of an amine
- Any of a class of coordination compounds in which ammonia acts as a ligand.
- Characteristic of an ammine
- The innermost membrane of the fetal membranes of reptiles, birds, and mammals; the sac in which the embryo is suspended.
- The total, aggregate or sum of material
- A quantity or volume.
- The number (the sum) of elements in a set.
- To total or evaluate.
- To be the same as or equivalent to.
- To go up; to ascend.
- The dextrin of starch
- An amyloid polypeptide
- A headband, especially a garland of flowers.
- The capital of Chukotka autonomous okrug, extreme north-eastern Russia
- From the Bible Deuteronomy 1.28 A race of bigger than usual people, the sons of Anak, who were living in Canaan at the time of the arrival of Moses and the Israelites
- Involving the anus.
- A pseudonym derived by spelling one's name backwards.
- The author of anarchy; one who excites revolt.
- The idea that there is no separate self or soul; egolessness. One of the three marks of existence.
- A derivative of the achiote (Bixa orellana) trees of tropical regions of the Americas used as a red food coloring and as a flavoring.
- A wen or spongy wart on the legs or flanks of a horse.
- A tool used to moor a vessel to the bottom of a sea or river to resist movement.
- An iron device so shaped as to grip the bottom and hold a vessel at her berth by the chain or rope attached. (FM 55-501).
- The combined anchoring gear (anchor, rode, bill/peak and fittings such as bitts, cat, and windlass.)
- Representation of the nautical tool, used as a heraldic charge.
- Any instrument serving a purpose like that of a ship's anchor, such as an arrangement of timber to hold a dam fast; a device to hold the end of a bridge cable etc.; or a device used in metalworking to hold the core of a mould in place.
- A marked point in a document that can be the target of a hyperlink.
- An anchorman or anchorwoman.
- The final runner in a relay race.
- A point that is touched by the draw hand or string when the bow is fully drawn and ready to shoot.
- A superstore or other facility that serves as a focus to bring customers into an area.
- That which gives stability or security.
- A metal tie holding adjoining parts of a building together.
- Carved work, somewhat resembling an anchor or arrowhead; part of the ornaments of certain mouldings. It is seen in the echinus, or egg-and-anchor (called also egg-and-dart, egg-and-tongue) ornament.
- One of the anchor-shaped spicules of certain sponges.
- One of the calcareous spinules of certain holothurians, as in species of Synapta.
- To hold an object, especially a ship or a boat to a fixed point.
- To cast anchor; to come to anchor.
- To stop; to fix or rest.
- To provide emotional stability for a person in distress.
- To perform as an anchorman or anchorwoman.
- To be stuck; to be unable to move away from a position.
- The sacred shield of the Ancient Romans, said to have fallen from heaven in the reign of Numa. It was the palladium of Rome.
- A small inflammatory swelling, arising suddenly.
- A piece of malleable iron that is wrought into the shape of a flat bar, about three feet long, with a square rough unwrought knob on each end.
- Of or pertaining to the Andes mountains in South America.
- Someone from the Andes.
- A state in India between 1953 and 1956, formed from Madras Presidency. It was later merged with Telangana and formed Andhra Pradesh.
- The first Apostle in the New Testament.
- A village in Alberta, Canada
- A city in Iowa
- An unincorporated community in West Virginia
- In Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome, the apartment reserved for males, in the lower part of the house.
- An island of the Cyclades, Greece.
- An island in the Bahamas.
- Of or pertaining to anemia.
- Weak; listless; lacking power, vigor, vitality, or colorfulness.
- An individual who has anemia.
- Over against.
- About; concerning; anent.
- Dilute or disorganized energy, which cannot be transformed into work.
- Deficiency of energy.
- Lack of immunity to an antigen.
- Remission of disease symptoms.
- Addition of a sentence, clause or phrase that diminishes what preceded.
- A river in Russia.
- The right of one belligerant (government) in a conflict to seize, use or destroy the property of another belligerent or neutral state, or the private citizens thereof, provided compensation is paid.
- An inflammatory infection of the throat, particularly quinsy.
- Short for Angina pectoris.
- A chest pain or shortness of breath occurring with lesser degrees of arterial blockage.
- A region of Cambodia that served as the seat of the Khmer Empire, which flourished from approximately the 9th to 15th centuries.
- Arranged so as to form an angle.
- Forming an angle of a particular type.
- Any member of the Anguidae.
- Narrow; strait; contracted; not spacious.
- impermanence, the doctrine claiming that all of conditioned existence, without exception, is transient. One of the three marks of existence.
- A dam made in a stream for maintaining and regulating irrigation.
- Any member of the Anilidae.
- The basic impulses and instincts which govern one's actions.
- A feeling of enmity, animosity or ill will.
- The masculine aspect of the feminine psyche or personality.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from anise
- noun Any of three isomeric univalent radicals, o-, m-, or p-methoxyphenyl, CH3O-C6H4-, derived from anisole. adj. bearing one of these radicals.
- Having some specific type of ankle.
- A piece of jewelry/jewellery, resembling a bracelet but worn around the ankle.
- A city in eastern Algeria, corresponding to the ancient settlement of Hippo.
- A relation of events in chronological order, each event being recorded under the year in which it happened.
- Historical records; chronicles; history.
- A periodic publication, containing records of discoveries, transactions of societies, etc.; as Annals of Science.
- To subject to great heat and then (often slow) cooling, and sometimes reheating and further cooling, for the purpose of rendering less brittle; to temper; to toughen.
- To strengthen or harden.
- An act of annealing.
- A phyllosilicate mineral related to biotite.
- Happening once every year.
- Of, for, or relating to a whole year, often as a recurring cycle; determined or reckoned by the year; accumulating in the course of a year; performed, executed, or completed over the course of a year. See also
- Having a life cycle that is completed in only one growing season; e.g. beans, corn, marigold. See Annual plant in Wikipedia. Compare
- Living or lasting just one season or year, as certain insects or insect colonies.
- An annual publication; a book, periodical, journal, report, comic book, yearbook, etc., which is published serially once a year, which may or may not be in addition to regular weekly or monthly publication.
- An annual plant; a plant with a life span of just one growing season; a plant which naturally germinates, flowers and dies in one year. Compare
- A medical checkup taking place once a year.
- Relating to the anode.
- Relating to an anode.
- To smear or rub over with oil or an unctuous substance; also, to spread over, as oil.
- To apply oil to or to pour oil upon, etc., as a sacred rite, especially for consecration.
- To choose or nominate somebody for a leading or otherwise important position, especially formally or officially, or as an intended successor.
- To mark somebody as an official ruler, especially a king or queen, as a part of a religious ceremony.
- Something anomalous, especially an irregular word in a language.
- Any diastereoisomer of a sugar or derivative differing in configuration only at C-1 of an aldose or C-2 of a ketose.
- The inability to remember names.
- The difficulty in finding the right word.
- Socially disorganized, disoriented or alienated
- Alienation or social instability caused by erosion of standards and values.
- An anonymous person.
- An assumed or false name; a pseudonym.
- A mere name; a name resting upon no diagnosis or other recognized basis.
- State or condition of sightlessness, often due to medical reasons.
- A rare congenital deformity where the pinna or auricle, the outer projected portion of the ear, is completely absent.
- A condition in which a tissue or environment is severely or totally deprived of oxygen, severe hypoxia.
- Suffering from a reduced supply of oxygen.
- Lacking oxygen.
- That has a handle or a part that resembles a handle.
- name; quite rare in English.
- A prefecture-level city in northeastern China.
- An ancient Elamite and later Achaemenid Persian city in modern-day Iran.
- A response or reply; something said or done in reaction to a statement or question.
- A solution to a problem.
- A document filed in response to a complaint, responding to each point raised in the complaint and raising counterpoints.
- To make a reply or response to.
- To speak in defence against; to reply to in defence.
- To respond to a call by someone at a door or telephone, or other similar piece of equipment.
- To suit a need or purpose satisfactorily.
- To be accountable or responsible; to make amends.
- To file a document in response to a complaint.
- To correspond to; to be in harmony with; to be in agreement with.
- To be opposite, or to act in opposition.
- To be or act in conformity, or by way of accommodation, correspondence, relation, or proportion; to conform; to correspond; to suit; usually with to.
- To respond to satisfactorily; to meet successfully by way of explanation, argument, or justification; to refute.
- To be or act in compliance with, in fulfillment or satisfaction of, as an order, obligation, or demand.
- To render account to or for.
- To atone for; to be punished for.
- To be or act as an equivalent to, or as adequate or sufficient for; to serve for; to repay.
- The realm or world of ants; ants collectively.
- The state or essence of an ant.
- Located before, or in front.
- The epithet of the Greek goddess Hera
- A choral or vocal composition, often with a religious or political lyric.
- A hymn of praise or loyalty.
- A very popular song or track.
- To celebrate with anthems.
- The pollen-bearing part of the stamen of a flower.
- The two projecting feathered angles of the forehead of some birds; the frontal points.
- A poison obtained from the upas tree.
- The practice of some birds of rubbing live ants or occasionally other items into the feathers, possibly as a means of controlling parasites.
- Of or pertaining to an antrum.
- A county in the north-east of Northern Ireland, also known as County Antrim.
- A town in Northern Ireland that is the administrative centre of County Antrim.
- Strange, rare, unusual.
- A bodily cavity, especially one having bony walls, especially one in the sinuses.
- name used by many people in or from India.
- Any amphibian of the order Anura; a frog, a toad.
- Of or relating to the order Anura.
- A condition in which the kidneys do not produce urine.
- Of, pertaining to, causing or afflicted with anuria.
- In any way or manner whatever.
- In any case. Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement.
- Any person; anybody.
- In any way.
- Regardless; anyhow.
- definition. See anyhow.
- Pertaining to Aonia, or to the Muses, who were supposed to dwell there.
- An inhabitant of Aonia.
- A prehistoric man resembling an ape.
- Exhibiting or relating to apnea: no longer breathing
- To hang or attach to, as by a string, so that the thing is suspended;
- To add, as an accessory to the principal thing; to annex
- To write more data to the end of a pre-existing file, string, or other non-constant data type.
- An instance of writing more data to the end of an existing file.
- Of or pertaining to (ca. 340 Ancient Roman politician who built the
- name, notably borne by (c. 95 – c. 165), a Roman historian of Greek descent
- A subdivision of the Early (Lower) Cretaceous epoch.
- A carbohydrate, isomeric with cane sugar, found in gum arabic.
- Mucilage, especially that made of gum arabic.
- Specialized knowledge that is mysterious to the uninitiated.
- understood by only a few
- obscure, mysterious
- requiring secret or mysterious knowledge to understand.
- A chief magistrate of ancient Athens.
- A ruler, head of state or other leader.
- A supernatural being subordinate to the Demiurge.
- The shape or motion of something that arcs.
- Full of ardor; fervent, passionate.
- Burning; glowing; shining.
- Of or relating to an Argand lamp, a lamp with a hollow circular wick.
- Of or pertaining to the mythical ship Argo.
- The metal silver.
- The white or silver tincture on a coat of arms.
- Whiteness; anything that is white.
- of silver or silver-coloured.
- of white or silver tincture on a coat of arms.
- Pertaining to the mythical ship Argo.
- name, a less common spelling of Arlene.
- name, variant of Arlene.
- name, an older variant of Arlene.
- A piece of tallow or soap put in the cavity and over the bottom of a sounding lead to pick up samples of the bottom of the sea.
- The act of supplying with arms and ammunition in preparation of a conflict
- One of the red dress cloths formerly hung fore and aft outside of a ship's upper works on holidays.
- An inhabitant of Albania and neighboring mountainous regions, especially an Albanian serving in the Turkish army.
- to dispel, to drive away
- Defining a circle or closed curve containing a thing.
- Following the perimeter of a specified area and returning to the starting point.
- Following a path which curves near an object, with the object on the inside of the curve.
- Near; in the vicinity of.
- At various places in.
- Alive; existing.
- From place to place.
- From one state or condition to an opposite or very different one; with a metaphorical change in direction; bringing about awareness or agreement.
- Partially or completely rotated, including to face in the opposite direction.
- A pre-metric French unit of length, having various official measures.
- A pre-metric French unit of area, having various official measures.
- An obsolete Russian length unit, equal to 71.12 centimeters.
- An aboriginal language of Australia
- To move upward, to fly, to soar.
- To slope in an upward direction.
- To go up.
- To succeed.
- To rise; to become higher, more noble, etc.
- The act of ascending; a motion upwards.
- The way or means by which one ascends.
- An eminence, hill, or high place.
- The degree of elevation of an object, or the angle it makes with a horizontal line; inclination; rising grade.
- The ascender height in a typeface.
- An increase, for example in popularity or hierarchy
- person or thing without a shadow
- person or thing found close to the Equator
- A container for ashes, used in times past for accumulating ashes generated from wood and coal fires, for eventual disposal elsewhere. A dustbin.
- A kind of large firecracker.
- Of or pertaining to the Ashcan School of American art.
- Describing a comic book originally published solely to retain ownership of a trademark, not intended for general release; later used for promotional comic books intended for limited release to the public.
- shining; radiant
- An analytic procedure in which a sample is heated in a furnace to leave a residue of ash, either to determine the gross mineral content, or as a preparation for further analysis
- A common place name in England.
- derived from the place names.
- name transferred from the surname.
- A town in South Australia, Australia.
- A ghost town in California, US.
- A city in Idaho, US.
- A village in Illinois, US.
- A city/town in Iowa, US.
- A village in Nebraska, US.
- A city/town in South Dakota, US.
- Aslant, or sloping.
- Aslant, or askance, or sideways
- The act or process of posing a question or making a request.
- A request, or petition.
- at a slant
- diagonally over or across
- To designate or set apart something for some purpose.
- To appoint or select someone for some office.
- To allot or give something as a task.
- To attribute or sort something into categories.
- To transfer property, a legal right, etc., from one person to another.
- To give (a value) to a variable.
- An assignee.
- A thing relating or belonging to something else; an appurtenance.
- Someone who rides a donkey
- To stun, paralyse, astound.
- In a state of swinging.
- Fully rigged, as a vessel; with all sails set; set on end or set right.
- The capital city of Greece.
- A city in Alabama, USA
- A city in Georgia, USA, consolidated with as Athens-Clarke County.
- A city in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community hamlet in Henry Township, Indiana, USA.
- A village in Louisiana.
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A town and village in New York.
- A city in Ohio.
- A township in Ontario, Canada.
- A borough in Pennsylvania.
- A city in Tennessee
- A city in Texas
- A town in Vermont.
- A town in West Virginia.
- A village in Wisconsin.
- meaning "son of Atkin (Adam)".
- Lacking a tonal center or key.
- Not tonal, lacking tones.
- Lacking muscle tone.
- Characterized by atony, or want of vital energy.
- To accomplish; to achieve.
- To get at the knowledge of; to ascertain.
- To reach or come to, by progression or motion; to arrive at.
- To come or arrive, by motion, growth, bodily exertion, or efforts toward a place, object, state, etc.; to reach.
- To reach in excellence or degree; to equal.
- To overtake.
- To listen to (something or someone); to pay attention to; regard; heed.
- To listen (
- To turn one's consideration ( to deal with (a task, problem, concern etc.), to look after.
- To wait upon as a servant etc.; to accompany to assist (someone).
- To be present at (an event or place) in order to take part in some action or proceedings; to regularly go to (an event or place).
- To go to (a place) for some purpose (with
- To be present with; to accompany; to be united or consequent to.
- To wait for; to await; to remain, abide, or be in store for.
- Attentive, heedful; intent.
- Venomous; poisonous.
- Cruel; fierce; ill-natured.
- To transfer one's obligations from a person to another person.
- To consent to the transfer of one's obligations as tenant under a lease to a new landlord.
- to bring into musical accord
- to tune an instrument
- to bring into harmony or accord.
- The action of comprehending and retaining the information in speech that is heard, as opposed to merely hearing it or listening to it.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Augeas.
- Hence, very filthy.
- A quantity to which another is added.
- A crude balance for weighing, and a kind of weight, formerly used in England.
- Of, like, or characteristic of an aunt.
- In the manner of an aunt.
- a variant of Austin.
- English novelist.
- The capital city of the state of Texas in the United States of America.
- A county in Texas.
- A city in Minnesota, USA
- An unincorporated community and CDP in Nevada, which was the county seat until 1979.
- name, in modern usage transferred back from the surname.
- A former make of British motor car.
- A tax or fee imposed on foreigners under the Ottoman Empire, especially one considered to be irregular or extortionate.
- A vaunt; a boast.
- To advance; to move forward; to elevate.
- To depart; to move away.
- To vaunt; to boast.
- An officer of the king's stables whose duty it was to provide oats for the horses.
- A vengeance; a revenge.
- To take vengeance (for); to exact satisfaction for by punishing the injuring party; to vindicate by inflicting pain or evil on a wrongdoer.
- To take vengeance.
- To treat revengefully; to wreak vengeance on.
- A prolamine that is the minor protein of oats.
- A broad street, especially one bordered by trees.
- A way or opening for entrance into a place; a passage by which a place may be reached; a way of approach or of exit.
- The principal walk or approach to a house which is withdrawn from the road, especially, such approach bordered on each side by trees; any broad passageway thus bordered.
- A method or means by which something may be accomplished.
- A tetrameric protein produced in the oviducts of birds, reptiles and amphibians and deposited in the whites of their eggs.
- To cause to become awake.
- To bring into action (something previously dormant); to stimulate.
- To stop sleeping.
- Rare passive participle of awake.
- A rooflike cover, usually of canvas, extended over or before any place as a shelter from the sun, rain, or wind.
- That part of the poop deck which is continued forward beyond the bulkhead of the cabin.
- A man who wields an axe.
- A musician who plays a guitar or saxophone.
- Containing only a single species of microorganism. For example, an "axenic culture" is a pure grown sample of the organism in question.
- Isolated from organisms of any other species.
- Of or pertaining to an axon.
- Relating to axons.
- Fat; grease; especially the fat of pigs or geese; usually (Pharm.), lard prepared for medical use.
- Of a soil, remaining immature and mainly composed of the parent material, as for example where sloping land causes fine-grained material to slide away.
- Confined to no zone or region; not local.
- of, related to, or derived from an azonic acid
- The bleating of a sheep.
- An Old World monkey of the genus Papio, having dog-like muzzles and large canine teeth, cheek pouches, a short tail, and naked callosities on the buttocks.
- A foolish or boorish person.
- Resembling bacon, especially in flavor
- Illicium verum, an evergreen Chinese shrub of the magnolia family, with aromatic seeds; Chinese anise; star anise.
- A violence-prone man who has had run-ins with the law; especially one from the Old West days of U.S. history.
- A region of Nunavut
- An island in Nunavut, Baffin Island.
- Baffin Bay.
- A brothel.
- A building for bathing, sweating.
- In Turkey, a prison for slaves.
- Of a person, an object, or the weather: very hot; boiling, broiling, roasting.
- An action in which something is baked.
- The way in which something is baked.
- The production of a batch of baked product.
- The bony material that makes up the plates in the mouth of the baleen whale, Mysticeti, which it uses to trap its food; formerly used in corsetry
- a baleen whale
- A collection of material packaged into a bale.
- An ornamental covering, as of carpet or leather, for a bench or form.
- Marked with bands of colour.
- An Irish measure of two feet in length.
- A dog that has been tied up; a mastiff or other kind of guard dog.
- Specifically, a type of large, ferocious dog bred by crossing American pit bull terriers with Neapolitan mastiffs.
- A bailiff or prison guard.
- Disposal; control; licence.
- A thing or person which bangs, in any sense.
- A firework that makes a bang.
- A woman's breast.
- A sausage.
- An old, worn-out car.
- A cylinder in a car.
- A member of a gang (shortened from the word gangbanger).
- A powerfully energetic piece of music, especially dance music.
- A rigid bracelet or anklet, especially one with no clasp.
- to beat about or beat down, as corn by the wind.
- to waste away little by little; squander carelessly; fritter (away).
- to beat about in the air; flutter: said of a hawk which does not rise steadily and then swoop down upon its prey.
- to flap or hang down loosely, as a hat brim or an animal's ear.
- The cut branch of a tree; a large, rough stick; the largest piece of wood in a bundle of twigs
- A city in Gwynedd, Wales.
- A town in County Northern Ireland.
- Any of several other places named after the city in Wales, or the town in Northern Ireland.
- a city in Maine, USA
- The capital of the Central African Republic.
- To send someone away and forbid that person from returning.
- To expel, especially from the mind.
- An Arawakan language spoken in Colombia, Venezuela and Brazil.
- The capital of the Gambia.
- Piled high.
- Of a cheque, deposited in a bank.
- Forbidden; not allowed.
- Good-humoured, playful, typically spontaneous conversation.
- To engage in banter or playful conversation.
- To play or do something amusing.
- To tease (someone) mildly.
- To joke about; to ridicule (a trait, habit, etc.).
- To delude or trick; to play a prank upon.
- To challenge to a match.
- Thrill-seeking; wild.
- A cry or cheer of "banzai", to express enthusiasm or celebrate victory.