Page 1 from 6
Total results: 5502
- The tenth judge of Israel.
- born, begotten, created, developed
- A toxin akin to ricin found in jequirity beans, Abrus precatorius.
- Marked by acne; suffering from acne.
- The fruit of the oak, being an oval nut growing in a woody cup or cupule.
- A cone-shaped piece of wood on the point of the spindle above the vane, on the mast-head.
- See acorn-shell.
- A testicle.
- To make more beautiful and attractive; to decorate.
- Down, downward; to or in a lower place.
- Curved inward, hooked.
- The process of becoming older or more mature.
- Allowing something to become older.
- The deliberate act of making something (such as an antique) appear older than it is.
- Becoming senescent; accumulating damage to macromolecules, cells, tissues and organs with the passage of time
- Elderly person. Only as a collective plural in "the aging"
- Becoming elderly.
- Violent contest or striving.
- Pain so extreme as to cause writhing or contortions of the body, similar to those made in the athletic contests in Greece; and hence, extreme pain of mind or body; anguish; paroxysm of grief; specifically, the sufferings of Christ in the garden of Gethsemane.
- Paroxysm of joy; keen emotion.
- The last struggle of life; death struggle.
- grinning; having happiness or satisfaction apparent on one's face
- a protein involved in the formation of neuromuscular junctions during embryonic development
- The name of many places in the United States of America:
- a town in Alabama.
- a statutory town in Colorado
- a town in Henry Township, Indiana.
- a small city in Iowa.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas.
- a village in Michigan.
- an unincorporated community in Missouri.
- an unincorporated community in Nebraska.
- a village in New York.
- a large city in Ohio
- a borough in Pennsylvania.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia.
- Scotland, especially the Highlands.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- Any of various gelatinous gums, derivatives of alginic acid, derived from algae.
- To form in line; to fall into line.
- To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- To store (data) in a way that is consistent with the memory architecture, i.e. by beginning each item at an offset equal to some multiple of the word size.
- to identify with or match the behaviour, thoughts, etc of another person.
- organize a linear arrangement of DNA, RNA or protein sequences which have regions of similarity.
- A glycoside derivative of anthracene, found in aloe, that is used as a laxative.
- By oneself, solitary.
- Apart from, or exclusive of, others.
- Considered separately.
- Without equal.
- Unique; rare; matchless.
- By oneself; apart from, or exclusive of, others; solo.
- Without outside help.
- By the length of; in a line with the length of; lengthwise next to.
- In a line with, with a progressive motion on; onward on; forward on.
- In company; together.
- Onward, forward, with progressive action.
- name; always rather rare in English.
- name, a rare variant of Alwin.
- With full force; forcefully, violently.
- At full speed; in great haste.
- Out of control.
- To lower the topsail, in token of surrender; to yield.
- To send away; dismiss.
- A fine or penalty.
- An ancient people of Israel.
- A city in Idaho.
- Denotes a mingling or intermixing with distinct or separable objects. (See Usage Note at amidst)
- Denotes a belonging of a person or a thing to a group.
- Denotes a sharing of a common feature in a group.
- A Khukhrain Punjabi surname.
- Raja Jai Dev Anand, founder of Khukhrain kingdom.
- King Mahapadam Anand, King of Anand Dynasty.
- A city of Gujarat, India.
- To anoint; to give extreme unction to a wound with oil.
- On end; in an upright position.
- Right; continuously.
- Concerning, with regard to, about, in respect to, as to, insofar as, inasmuch as
- In the opinion or judgment of
- Against, in front of, fronting; before; opposite; over against, on the other side
- In a line with; side by side with; on a level with.
- A city/town in North Dakota.
- Displaying or feeling anger.
- Inflamed and painful.
- Dark and stormy, menacing.
- name of mostly Scottish usage.
- A former county in Scotland, which became a local government district in 1975 in Region (abolished 1996), and is now one of Scotland's 32 council areas.
- A black, hornless breed of beef cattle, originally from Scotland.
- A nickname for the 0-8-8-0 train configuration.
- Nigh; near; close by (to).
- Nigh; near.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- The personification of death in Breton mythology.
- The hooked goad that is used in India to control elephants.
- An addition, an extension.
- An appendix.
- An addition or extension to a building.
- An addition to the territory of a country or state, from a neighbouring country or state, normally by military force.
- To add something to another thing; to incorporate.
- To attach or connect, as a consequence, condition, etc.
- To join; to be united.
- name. Also, a popular given name in the 19th century.
- To disturb or irritate, especially by continued or repeated acts; to bother with unpleasant deeds.
- To do something to upset or anger someone; to be troublesome.
- To molest; to harm; to injure.
- A feeling of discomfort or vexation caused by what one dislikes.
- That which causes such a feeling.
- To formally revoke the validity of.
- To dissolve (a marital union) on the grounds that it is not valid.
- A comarca in central Catalonia
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- a tiny village in Nebraska, USA.
- Any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color-changing ability.
- meaning "son of Agnes".
- name transferred from the surname.
- The Avro Anson
- a city in Texas, USA
- restless, apprehensive and fidgety
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the inner ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).
- A chemical compound isolated from parsley and celery, and whose aglycone is apigenin.
- Foolish imitation or mimicry.
- The cessation of breathing.
- An article of clothing worn over the front of the torso and/or legs for protection from spills.
- A hard surface bordering a structure or area.
- The paved area of an airport, especially the area where aircraft park away from a terminal
- The spreading end of a driveway.
- The paved area below the yellow line on a race track.
- The loading, parking or roadway area immediately beside a railway station
- The portion of a stage extending towards the audience beyond the proscenium arch in a theatre.
- A large decal toward the bottom of a pinball table.
- The sides of a tree’s canopy.
- The cap of a cannon; a piece of lead laid over the vent to keep the priming dry.
- A removable cover for the passangers' feet and legs in an open horse carriage.
- A palm tree (Arenga pinnata, syn. which yields sago, wine, and fibres for ropes.
- The capital city of the Walloon province of Luxembourg, Belgium.
- form of (old unit of measure)
- name, a less common spelling of Aaron.
- A member of an alleged master race with no fixed definition, comprising people of Germanic descent (in the narrowest sense), or all non-Jewish Caucasians (in the broadest sense)
- A person of Caucasian ethnicity; a white non-Jew.
- A Caucasian racist, often one who is an Aryan in the first sense.
- An Indo-European, a Proto-Indo-European.
- An Indo-Iranian.
- A subdivision of the Caucasian race, which comprised the Aryans, the Semites, and the Hamites, or the accompanying linguistic subdivision.
- Pertaining, in racial theories, to the (alleged) Aryan master race.
- Pertaining to the Caucasian ethnicity.
- Pertaining to Caucasian racists or their organisations, theories, etc.
- Of or pertaining to Indo-Iranian peoples, cultures, and languages.
- Of or pertaining to Indo-European peoples, cultures and languages.
- The language of the original Aryans.
- A cavity, in the form of a bag or tube, lined with choanocytes, that forms the structure of sponges
- Lack of muscle tone; flaccidity or atonia
- To run away; escape.
- To outrun.
- A red colouring matter derived from phenol. Used as an indicator.
- A class of plant growth substance (often called phytohormones or plant hormones) which play an essential role in coordination of many growth and behavioral processes in the plant life cycle.
- On the wing; flying; fluttering.
- Furnished with an awn, or long bristle-shaped tip; bearded.
- A device for cutting the awns from grain.
- An assault carried out with an axe.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name, a new American spelling variant of Aidan.
- A town in North Carolina.
- Any of a class of organic compounds, having the general formula R2C=NN=CR2, produced by the action of a carbonyl compound with hydrazine.
- A regenerated protein fiber; textile fiber derived from a protein such as casein (milk) or zein (maize).
- A textile made of these fibers.
- Common in a boring way, to the point of being predictable; containing nothing new or fresh.
- A general strike, shutdown, or other form of protest used in South Asia in which a substantial portion of the population stays home and does not report to work.
- To give and receive reciprocally; to exchange.
- To use or pass about casually.
- To throw or strike reciprocally, like balls in sports.
- To fight (with or against someone).
- Bowlegged, or bending outward at the knees; as in bandy legged.
- A winter sport played on ice, from which ice hockey developed.
- A club bent at the lower part for striking a ball at play; a hockey stick.
- A carriage or cart used in India, especially one drawn by bullocks.
- A town in Alberta, Canada.
- A town in council area, Scotland, and the former county town of
- A type of yoke carried on the shoulders, as a means for people to carry a load.
- Characterized by banging sounds.
- bantam (small, but aggressive)
- An argument, a disagreement.
- A bundle of wood, or twigs which may be used in broom making. Southern England term. Also, a fagot bound with only one band.
- impure limestone
- A beanfeast; any noisy celebration, a party.
- Any home-made gas or indigestion remedy.
- pills; drugs in pill form
- Resembling or characteristic of beans.
- Any of various herbs and plants of the genera Limonium, Centaurea, Silene, etc.
- A living creature.
- The state or fact of existence, consciousness, or life, or something in such a state.
- That which has actuality (materially or in concept).
- One's basic nature, or the qualities thereof; essence or personality.
- An abode; a cottage.
- Given that; since.
- A freshman at a Scottish university.
- To furnish or fill with men; man.
- A condition of bubbles in the blood which sometimes occurs during ascent.
- The thickest and strongest planks in a wooden ship's side, wales.
- Having the ability to be bent easily.
- Of a person, flexible; having the ability to bend easily.
- Containing many bends and twists.
- Of a vehicle, articulated.
- Divided into diagonal bands of colour
- A field divided diagonally into several bends, varying in metal and colour.
- A diminutive of the male given name Benjamin.
- Abounding in bents, or the stalks of coarse, stiff, withered grass.
- Resembling bent.
- A river in Cameroon and Nigeria, the major tributary of the Niger River.
- Cannabis, especially as used in the Indian subcontinent.
- The “holy dot” traditionally worn on the forehead of married Hindu women.
- Makeup or jewellery worn in imitation of such a dot.
- A tiny, sharp-needled seed often found on the ground in the bush.
- A short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A rapid and excessive consumption of food.
- To engage in a short period of excessive consumption, especially of excessive alcohol consumption.
- A bit, or binary digit.
- A large barbel ( found in the Nile.
- An apocarotenoid that is the active ingredient of annatto.
- Something monstrous or portentous; a shocking sight; sorry spectacle; disgraceful thing.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A pale yellowish (golden brown) color, especially said of hair color.
- A person with this hair color.
- Of a bleached or pale golden (light yellowish) colour.
- Having blond hair.
- To color or dye blond
- distended, swollen or inflated
- panting and out of breath
- Formed by blowing
- Under the influence of drugs, especially marijuana.
- stale; worthless
- Covered with the eggs and larvae of flies; flyblown.
- Given a hot rod blower
- The sound made by an elastic object (such as a spring) when bouncing; the sound of a bounce.
- To make a boing sound or bouncing motion.
- the human head
- A boys' game played with large marbles.
- The kind of marble used in this game.
- imprisonment, captivity
- the condition of goods in a bonded warehouse until duty is paid
- Having some specific type of bone.
- Of computer-generated animations: based on models with simulated bones or joints.
- Beset with unfortunate circumstances that seem difficult or impossible to overcome; in imminent danger.
- A city in Iowa, USA, and the county seat of Boone County.
- A town in North Carolina
- A native of New Guinea.
- An Australian aboriginal.
- An independent kingdom, descended from the that covered much of modern Chad and parts of Libya, Niger, Nigeria and Cameroon.
- A river in Ireland.
- A metal bridle formerly used as a torture device to hold the head of a scold and restrain the tongue
- A sort of bridle with wooden side pieces.
- To put someone in the branks
- To hold up and toss the head; applied to horses as spurning the bit.
- To prance; to caper.
- Salt water; water saturated or strongly impregnated with salt; a salt-and-water solution for pickling.
- The sea or ocean; the water of the sea.
- To preserve food in a salt solution.
- To transport toward somebody/somewhere.
- To supply or contribute.
- To raise (a lawsuit, charges, etc.) against somebody.
- To persuade; to induce; to draw; to lead; to guide.
- To produce in exchange; to sell for; to fetch.
- To pitch, often referring to a particularly hard thrown fastball.
- The edge, margin, or border of a steep place, as of a precipice; a bank or edge,
- The edge or border
- Of, pertaining to, resembling or containing brine; salty.
- The sea
- A borough of New York City.
- A cocktail containing gin, vermouth and orange juice.
- name, a less common spelling of Brian.
- derived from Brian.
- A city in Ohio.
- A city in Texas
- name, a nonstandard spelling of Brian.
- hobgoblin, evil spirit
- A group of a number of similar things, either growing together, or in a cluster or clump, usually fastened together.
- The peloton; the main group of riders formed during a race.
- An informal body of friends.
- A considerable amount.
- An unmentioned amount; a number.
- A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- An unusual concentration of ore in a lode or a small, discontinuous occurrence or patch of ore in the wallrock.
- The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- To gather into a bunch.
- To gather fabric into folds.
- To form a bunch.
- To be gathered together in folds
- To protrude or swell
- A swindle or confidence trick.
- A parlour game played in teams with three dice, originating in England but popular among suburban women in the United States at the beginning of the 21st century.
- To swindle (someone).
- A baking pan with a hollow, circular, raised area in the middle.
- A wilderness region, away from cities.
- Diminutive of Bundaberg, a coastal city of Queensland.
- Abbreviation of Bundaberg rum.
- A culvert or short covered drain connecting two ditches.
- A chine or gully formed by water running over the edge of a cliff; a wooded glen or small ravine opening through the cliff line to the sea.
- Any small drain or culvert.
- A brick arch or wooden bridge, covered with earth across a drawn or carriage in a water-meadow, just wide enough to allow a hay-wagon to pass over.
- A small pool of water.
- A swelling from a blow; a bump.
- A sudden enlargement or mass of ore, as opposed to a vein or lode.
- A rabbit, especially a juvenile.
- A bunny girl: a nightclub waitress who wears a costume having rabbit ears and tail.
- In basketball, an easy shot (i.e., one right next to the bucket) that is missed.
- Bunny chow; a snack of bread filled with curry.
- Easy or unchallenging.
- Resembling a bun
- a female pet name
- A bunya pine,
- A banyan, a member of a specific Hindu caste.
- Damaged or injured by fire or heat.
- Having a sunburn.
- Being darker than standard, especially browner.
- Big boss, important person.
- George Gordon (Noel) Byron, 6th Baron Byron (January 22, 1788–April 19, 1824), a famous English poet and leading figure in romanticism.
- name transferred from the surname, of mostly American usage.
- A in California.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A city in Illinois.
- an unincorporated community in Kankakee Township, LaPorte County, Indiana, USA
- an unincorporated community in Howard Township, Parke County, Indiana, USA
- A town in Maine.
- A village in Michigan.
- A city in Minnesota.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in New York.
- A town in Oklahoma.
- One of two towns in Wisconsin.
- A town in Wyoming.
- A small dwelling characteristic of the frontier, especially when built from logs with simple tools and not constructed by professional builders, but by those who meant to live in it.
- A chalet or lodge, especially one that can hold large groups of people.
- A compartment on land, usually composed of logs.
- A private room on a ship.
- The interior of a boat, enclosed to create a small room, particularly for sleeping.
- The passenger area of an airplane.
- The section of a passenger plane having the same class of service.
- A signal box.
- A small room; an enclosed place.
- To place in a cabin.
- To live in, or as if in, a cabin; to lodge.
- A rounded or conical heap of stones erected by early inhabitants of the British Isles, apparently as a sepulchral monument.
- A pile of stones heaped up as a landmark, to guide travelers on land or at sea, or to arrest attention, as in surveying, or in leaving traces of an exploring party, etc.
- A cairn terrier.
- intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- Filled with white flakes; mothery; said of vinegar when containing mother.
- Any member of the family Canidae, including dogs, wolves, foxes, coyotes and jackals.
- lively; cheerful; merry; brisk
- A person who works in a carnival.
- The jargon used by carnival workers.
- A carnival.
- A triterpene found in cork.
- The large spiral shell of several species of sea conch, much used in making bangles, especially
- To eat noisily; to champ or chomp
- To sing, especially without instruments, and as applied to monophonic and pre-modern music.
- To sing or intone sacred text.
- To utter or repeat in a strongly rhythmical manner, especially as a group.
- Type of singing done generally without instruments and harmony.
- A short and simple melody, divided into two parts by double bars, to which unmetrical psalms, etc., are sung or recited. It is the most ancient form of choral music.
- Twang; manner of speaking; a canting tone.
- A repetitive song, typically an incantation or part of a ritual.
- A part of something that has been separated.
- A representative portion of a substance, often large and irregular.
- A discrete segment of a file, stream, etc. (especially one that represents audiovisual media); a block.
- A segment of a comedian's performance
- To break into large pieces or chunks.
- To break down (language, etc.) into conceptual chunks of manageable size.
- To throw.
- To agitate rapidly and repetitively, or to stir with a rowing or rocking motion; generally applies to liquids, notably cream.
- To produce excessive and sometimes undesirable or unproductive activity or motion.
- To move rapidly and repetitively with a rocking motion; to tumble, mix or shake.
- (in a booking system) to repeatedly cancel and rebook a reservation in order to refresh ticket time limits or other fare rule restrictions.
- A vessel used for churning.
- The time when a consumer switches his/her service provider.
- The mass of people who are ready to switch carriers, expressed by the formula Customer Quits/Customer base.
- Cyclic activity that achieves nothing.
- A simple saddle girth used in Mexico.
- Something that is very easy to do.
- A firm hold.
- To bring to certain conclusion.
- To tighten down.
- A variety of auction pitch in which a draw to improve the hand is added, and the five of trumps (called "right Pedro") and the five of the same colour (called "left Pedro", and ranking between the five and the four of trumps) are each worth five. Fifty-one points make a game.
- In the game of cinch, to protect (a trick) by playing a higher trump than the five.
- name and Lucinda; also used as a formal female given name.
- A loud, ringing sound, like that made by free-hanging metal objects striking each other.
- Quality of tone.
- The cry of some birds, including the crane and the goose.
- A word or phrase linked only by sound and not by meaning, characteristic of some mental disorders.
- To strike (objects) together so as to produce a clang.
- To give out a clang; to resound.
- A loud, hard sound of metal hitting metal.
- To make a clanking sound
- To cause to sound with a clank.
- Free of dirt or impurities or protruberances.
- Not dirty.
- In an unmarked condition.
- Allowing an uninterrupted flow over surfaces, without protrusions such as racks or landing gear.
- Having relatively few impurities.
- Free of immorality or criminality.
- Pure, especially morally or religiously.
- Not having used drugs or alcohol.
- Without restrictions or penalties, or someone having such a record.
- Not in possession of weapons or contraband such as drugs.
- Devoid of profanity.
- Smooth, exact, and performed well.
- Total; utter.
- Cool or neat.
- Being free of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- That does not the
- Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects.
- Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.
- Well-proportioned; shapely.
- Ascended without falling.
- Removal of dirt.
- The first part of the event clean and jerk in which the weight is brought from the ground to the shoulders.
- To remove dirt from a place or object.
- To tidy up, make a place neat.
- To remove equipment from a climbing route after it was previously lead climbed.
- To make things clean in general.
- To remove unnecessary files, etc. from (a directory, etc.).
- To brush the ice lightly in front of a moving rock to remove any debris and ensure a correct line; less vigorous than a sweep.
- To purge a raw of any blemishes caused by the scanning process such as brown tinting and poor color contrast.
- To remove guts and/or scales of a butchered animal.
- Fully and completely.
- Fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit.
- adherence; attachment; devotion
- hold very tightly, as to not fall off.
- To adhere to an object, without being affixed, in such a way as to follow its contours. Used especially of fabrics and films.
- To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- To cause to dry up or wither.
- to be fond of, to feel strongly about
- To produce a high-pitched ringing sound, like a small bell.
- The abrupt sound of two hard objects coming into contact.
- A stick-like tool used to strike the surface of the water and produce a sound that causes nearby fish to attack the bait.
- To make such a sound.
- wasted away; shrunken
- a dull, metallic sound, especially one made by two bodies coming into contact
- to make such a sound
- Any of several perennial rhizomatous grasses of genus Imperata, especially
- A projecting corner or angle; a cornerstone.
- The keystone of an arch.
- A wedge used in typesetting.
- Shaped like a cone or funnel; conic.
- A marine gastropod of the family Strombidae which lives in its own spiral shell.
- The shell of this sea animal.
- A musical instrument made from a large spiral seashell.
- A machine (rather like a rotating pestle and mortar) used to develop the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding; a concher or concher machine.
- To refine the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding, either in a traditional concher, or between rollers.
- To play a conch seashell as a musical instrument, by blowing through a hole made close to the origin of the spiral.
- segregated or delineated by traffic cones
- a tall, narrow, single-headed Cuban hand drum of African origin
- a march of Cuban origin in four-four time in which people form a chain, each holding the hips of the person in front of them; in each bar, dancers take three shuffle steps and then kick alternate legs outwards at the beat; the chain weaves around the place and allows new participants to join the back of the chain
- To dance the conga.
- A conic section.
- a lover in pastoral poetry with Phillida
- A horn, or anything shaped like or resembling a horn.
- To recite numbers in sequence.
- To determine the number (of objects in a group).
- To be of significance; to matter.
- To be an example of something:
- To consider something an example of something.
- To take account or note (of).
- To plead orally; to argue a matter in court; to recite a count.
- The act of counting or tallying a quantity.
- The result of a tally that reveals the number of items in a set; a quantity counted.
- A countdown.
- A charge of misconduct brought in a legal proceeding.
- The number of balls and strikes, respectively, on a batter's in-progress plate appearance.
- An object of interest or account; value; estimation.
- The male ruler of a county.
- A nobleman holding a rank intermediate between dukes and barons.
- A formal group or assembly of witches.
- A clique that shares common interests or activities.
- To cheat; to defraud; to beguile; to deceive, usually by small arts, or in a pitiful way.
- King of Thebes, noted primarily in the stories of Antigone and Oedipus.
- Close friend.
- Trusted companion or partner in a criminal organization.
- An old woman; a crone.
- To hum or sing softly or in a sentimental manner.
- To soothe by singing softly.
- To make a continuous hollow moan, as cattle do when in pain.
- A soft or sentimental hum or song.
- The flowering plant in the family Apiaceae.
- Its aromatic long seed, used as a spice, notably in Indian, Middle Eastern, and Mexican cookery.