Page 1 from 18
Total results: 17818
- A city and port in Denmark, in Northern Jutland; the fourth-largest city in Denmark and capital of Region Nordjylland.
- Of a side that is facing away from the axis or central line, such as the underside of a leaf; or the back of an animal.
- A region of Syria south and southeast of Damascus.
- A city of west-central Texas west-southwest of Fort Worth; founded in 1881 with the coming of the railroad, the city first prospered as a shipping center for cattle.
- A city in Kansas
- Belonging to a prehistoric culture of central Texas, characterized by oval grinding stones.
- A material that ablates, vaporizes, wears away, burns off, erodes, or abrades.
- Washing away; carrying off impurities; detergent.
- A detergent.
- To end a law, system, institution, custom or practice.
- To put an end to or destroy, as a physical object; to wipe out.
- The third son of David, king of Israel.
- In a state of excitement, agitated activity, or motion.
- Bubbling over with excitement.
- The butting or boundary of land, particularly at the end; buttals.
- An abutment.
- The act of abutting.
- Pertaining to, or resembling an abyss; unending; profound; fathomless; immeasurable.
- Bottomless; extremely bad.
- Belonging to, or resembling, an abyss; unfathomable.
- Of or belonging to the ocean depths, especially below 2000 metres (6500 ft): abyssal zone.
- Pertaining to or occurring at excessive depths in the earth's crust; plutonic.
- A member of the former Acalephae family, now a part of the Cnidaria phylum.
- To shout; to call out.
- To shout approval; to express great approval.
- To salute or praise with great approval; to compliment; to applaud; to welcome enthusiastically.
- To claim.
- To declare by acclamations.
- To elect to an office by having no opposition.
- An acclamation; a shout of applause.
- A claim.
- An increase; something that accumulates, especially an amount of money that periodically accumulates for a specific purpose
- a charge incurred in one accounting period that has not been paid by the end of it.
- In an acerb manner.
- Pertaining to a heap
- Deficiency or absence of bile.
- Lacking bile (or bile pigments)
- The lack or reduced production of gastric juices in any part of the digestive tract.
- Having no dip; horizontal
- Without inclination or dipping.
- Pertaining to acnodes
- materia medica; the science of medical remedies
- One who has received the highest of the four minor orders in the Catholic Church, being ordained to carry the wine, water and lights at Mass.
- An attendant, assistant or follower.
- In a harsh or corrosive manner.
- Derived from acrylic acid or acrylonitrile.
- Containing an acrylic resin.
- An acrylic resin.
- A paint containing an acrylic resin.
- a painting executed using such a paint.
- A thick sheet of plastic.
- A liquid coating system based on an acrylic resin
- Able to be acted, as by an actor.
- Pertaining to the side or surface around the mouth in an animal that has radial symmetry such as a starfish.
- Pertaining to the axis of rotational symmetry in radiate animals.
- Without action or spirit.
- Documented historical results.
- Physical commodities or financial instruments which are traded in futures contracts.
- Things which have happened rather than things which are planned.
- A prickle growing on the bark, as in some brambles and roses.
- A sting.
- Not cyclic; having an open chain structure.
- Containing no cycles.
- Of a flower, having its parts inserted spirally on the receptacle.
- Any enzyme that catalyses the removal of acyl groups, especially from acylated amino acids
- To add one or more acyl groups to a compound.
- A univalent radical R-COO-, derived from a carboxylic acid
- Pertaining to an adage; proverbial.
- On the side that is towards the axis or central line, usually on the upper side.
- (developmental biology) adjacent to the axis, or in vertebrates the notochord.
- In addition; additionally.
- Capable of being added.
- form of (earnings).
- The act of causing fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell or other outer layer.
- To sweeten; to soothe.
- a prince, especially an Anglo-Saxon prince or royal heir
- A rare mineral, a calcium-magnesium arsenate, forming blue, green, yellow or grey orthorhombic crystals.
- With great skill or knowledge.
- Having the property of being adnexed.
- Pertaining to the adrenal glands or their secretions.
- Near the kidneys.
- An adrenal gland.
- To flatter effusively
- To commit adultery.
- To pollute something; to adulterate.
- In an adult manner, not childishly.
- Receiving others kindly and conversing with them in a free and friendly manner; friendly, courteous, sociable.
- Mild; benign.
- in an affable manner
- Of a family relationship by marriage of a relative (or through affinity), as opposed to consanguinity; in-law.
- As or like an affix.
- To cause (someone) pain, suffering or distress.
- To strike or cast down; to overthrow.
- To make low or humble.
- In a flaunting state or position.
- In the midst of flying.
- flowering, in bloom
- Capable of being aged; suitable for ageing.
- Getting on in years; fairly old.
- one who never laughs (especially at jokes); a mirthless person
- Having existed for so great a period of time that its longevity cannot be expressed.
- Continuing infinitely or indefinitely.
- Always appearing youthful; never seeming to age.
- lasting throughout all time; eternal
- In an agile manner; with agility.
- The quality of being agile; the power of moving the limbs quickly and easily; nimbleness; quickness of motion
- A faculty of being agile in body, mind, or figuratively.
- Qualifying for financial aid.
- Capable of being rectified with a hearing aid.
- Without aid.
- Without mechanical assistance.
- The hinged part on the trailing edge of an airplane wing, used to control lateral turns.
- A half gable, as at the end of a penthouse or of the aisle of a church.
- A small square shield, formerly worn on the shoulders of knights, being the prototype of the epaulet.
- Something which ails one; a disease; sickness.
- Capable of being aimed.
- Without aim, purpose, or direction.
- Suitable for broadcast.
- A waybill for cargo being shipped by air.
- A structure shaped to produce lift when moving in air.
- A wing of an aircraft.
- A faint illumination in the sky due to photochemical luminescence in the upper atmosphere, now rarely observed by earthbound humans without the assistance of intruments.
- Lacking or being without air.
- Lacking air circulation.
- With air that is stale.
- Suffering from asphyxia.
- Stifling; dead; lacking vitality or excitement.
- The transportation of troops, civilians or supplies by air, especially in an emergency.
- Such a flight.
- A pipe that is used to suck up objects from the sea bed.
- To transport (troops etc) in an airlift.
- Resembling air, gaseous.
- A thoughtless, light-hearted person.
- A sealed, airtight chamber, such as in a manned spacecraft or submarine, used to provide access to and from the sealed area without allowing air out or water in.
- The playing of a particular song, band or genre on the radio, or the frequency with which it is played.
- a city in Florida, USA.
- A given name
- An Arabic tale about a young man named Aladdin who is recruited by a sorcerer to get a magic lamp from a cave; often adapted into comic pantomime in Britain
- The young man who is the protagonist and title character of the story
- to the death; mortally
- a city (home rule municipality) in Colorado, USA
- soprano or, possibly, virgin
- A nonessential amino acid 2-aminopropanoic acid found in most animal proteins
- A specific residue, molecule, or isomer of this amino acid
- name, a spelling variant of Alana.
- Having an alarm fitted.
- Worried; anxious; panicky.
- An ornamental evergreen shrub ( belonging to the buckthorns.
- The state of being winged.
- name, a feminine form of Albert.
- A binary star in the constellation Cygnus; Beta (β) Cygni.
- Of or relating to the mineral albite.
- An Ancient Greek name, particularly borne by an Ancient Greek lyric poet of Mytilene (c. 620–6th century
- An oriental shrub ( from which henna is obtained.
- The ancient search for a universal panacea, and of the philosopher's stone, that eventually developed into chemistry.
- The causing of any sort of mysterious sudden transmutation.
- Any elaborate transformation process or algorithm.
- Descendent of Perseus and Andromeda, the wife of Amphitryon, and mother, by Zeus, of Heracles/Hercules.
- Short for a main belt asteroid.
- A hand sanitizer in the form of an alcohol gel
- Having (a specified type or number of) alcoves
- Any of a class of acyclic polyols formally derived from an aldose by reduction of the carbonyl functional group.
- The plant costmary, which was formerly much used for flavouring ale.
- An early chemical apparatus, consisting of two retorts connected by a tube, used to purify substances by distillation
- At full length; lengthwise.
- A pole set up as the sign of an alehouse.
- Having been made alert; having been made attentive, alarmed or warned of something coming soon.
- One who or that which alerts.
- In an alert manner; with alertness.
- Of or pertaining to the various modalities of truth, such as the possibility or impossibility of something being true.
- A woman who keeps an alehouse.
- A migrating North American fish,
- Any of several species similar in appearance.
- A plant, principally of Medicago sativa, grown as a pasture crop.
- A type or breed of this plant.
- An Islamic cleric, an expert in Islamic law and jurisprudence, especially in medieval and early modern Spain.
- An ensign; a standard-bearer.
- An edible marine fish of California (
- name, a variant of Alfonso.
- A saddlebag.
- A cheek pouch.
- A pale white emetic powder formerly used in alchemy, consisting of a compound of trichloride and trioxide of antimony.
- The southernmost region of Portugal.
- A yellow supergiant in the constellation Perseus; Alpha (α) Persei.
- A variable star in the constellation Pegasus; Gamma (γ) Pegasi. It forms one corner of the square of Pegasus.
- Pain-causing; painful in nature.
- Relating to the level of hypersensitivity to pain.
- Producing or having relation to pain.
- The capital of Algeria.
- Producing cold; covered in ice.
- Relating to alginic acid or its derivatives
- Using more than one name, or being referred to in more than one way.
- A kind of wine, formerly much esteemed, said to have been made near Alicante in Spain.
- A sighting device used for measuring angles.
- In an alien manner.
- Shaped like a wing
- Having wings
- Having been placed, arranged or formed in alignment (with something).
- Allied or working together with a common goal.
- One who, or that which, aligns.
- Nourishment, sustenance.
- An allowance for maintenance; alimony.
- To feed, nourish.
- To sustain, support.
- A court-mandated allowance made to a former spouse by a divorced or legally separated person.
- The means to support life.
- Contained in the whole an integral number of times, a factor or divisor.
- A portion of a total amount of a solution or suspension.
- To separate a volume of solution or suspension into aliquots.
- From another source; from elsewhere.
- The madder of the Levant.
- Containing a relatively high proportion of alkali; alkaline.
- a plant whose root is used as a red dye.
- The dyeing matter extracted from the plant, giving a deep red colour.
- Other plants of the genus.
- ( a similar plant.
- ( or
- ( a blue-flowered plant with evergreen leaves.
- The American puccoon.
- Any simple aliphatic alcohol
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from an alkene
- Any univalent radical derived from an alkene
- Relating to, or composed of alkyl chains; aliphatic
- Asserted but not proved.
- Supposed but doubtful.
- Of or pertaining to alleles.
- Of or pertaining to alleles of the same gene.
- A disorder of the immune system causing adverse reactions to substances (allergens) not harmful to most and marked by the body's production of histamines and associated with atopy, anaphylaxis, and asthma.
- Any condition of hypersensitivity to a substance.
- Altered susceptibility to a first treatment as exhibited in reaction to a subsequent one.
- An antipathy, as toward a person or activity.
- Furnished with alleys.
- Forming an alley.
- An ally; a confederate.
- name transferred from the surname; mostly of persons born before 1950.
- name taken into general use in the 1940s; usually interpreted as a spelling variant of Alison.
- a small city in Iowa, USA
- totality; completeness
- Any form of an element having a different isotopic composition to that of the natural element, and thus a different atomic weight
- A pseudonym, another person's name used as a pseudonym by the author of a work.
- An allonymous work: a book published under the name of a person other than its true author.
- Act of speaking to another; an address.
- One who allows or permits.
- An oxidation product of uric acid, 2,4,5,6(1H,3H)-pyrimidinetetrone, capable of inducing diabetes by destroying pancreatic tissue
- Any of several unrelated plants that produce many seeds.
- Domestic or other work of all kinds.
- Containing an allyl group, an alkene hydrocarbon group with the formula H2C=CH-CH2-
- A bark canoe used by the Africans.
- A boat used in Calicut (modern Kozhikode) in India, about eighty feet long and six or seven feet wide.
- A book or table listing nautical, astronomical, astrological or other events for the year; sometimes, but not essentially, containing historical and statistical information.
- A handbook, typically published annually, containing information on a particular subject
- Cupboard, cabinet or chest of drawers.
- Relating to a Berber caliphate in 12th century Morocco
- Redolent of almonds.
- one who distributes especially the doles and alms of religious houses, almshouses;
- one who dispenses alms for another, as the almoner of a prince, bishop
- a title given to a royal officer charged with the duty of distributing alms or bounty on behalf of a monarch
- A hospital official responsible for patient welfare and after-care.
- A building in which alms were distributed
- One who depends on the receipt of alms, a beggar.
- A measure by the ell.
- A sworn officer in England, whose duty was to inspect woollen cloth and fix a seal upon it.
- A large blue star in the constellation of Orion; Epsilon (ε) Orionis. It is one of the three stars that form Orion's Belt.
- A triple star in the constellation of Orion; Zeta (ζ) Orionis. It is one of the three stars that form Orion's Belt.
- A medicine containing mainly aloes.
- Consisting chiefly of aloes; of the nature of aloes.
- A member of the Alogi, a group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- An early 20th century movement in painting and writing, emerging from the Russian avant-garde, which made use of antirational or nonsensical elements.
- An absurd or nonsensical element deliberately added to a work that belongs to the alogism movement.
- Irrationality; the rejection of logical thinking as a means of approaching truth.
- An irrational statement or line of argument; a logical error.
- An inconsistency or arbitrary situation that follows no logical pattern.
- Exclusive; sole; only.
- Only; merely; singly.
- In an aloof manner.
- An orange giant star in the constellation of Hydra; Alpha (α) Hydrae,
- A river in Hades.
- The god/personification of the river Alpheus.
- name, of mostly historical usage.
- Prior to some specified time, either past, present, or future; by this time; previously.
- So soon.
- Beta Aquilae, a star in the constellation Aquila
- Of or relating to the Altai, a mountain chain in Central Asia.
- Lead telluride, an isometric yellowish-white mineral of the galena group.
- A kind of car in drag racing, usually with a partial body situated behind the exposed engine.
- Having been changed from an original form.
- Neutered; having had testicles removed to prevent procreation.
- the national parliament of Iceland
- An alto or tenor saxhorn
- A person playing alto saxophone or some other alto instrument.
- An aldohexose epimeric with mannose
- Somewhat like alum.
- Alternative name for aluminium / aluminum (the chemical element, symbol Al, with an atomic number of 13).
- A male pupil or student.
- A male graduate.
- A student of either gender.
- A graduate of either gender.
- alumina, especially a product made from fused alumina
- A gray, water-soluble mineral, potassium aluminium sulphate; the natural source of alum, KAl3(SO4)2(OH)6.
- A beehive, or anything resembling a beehive
- The hollow of the external ear.
- A repository, especially of knowledge or information. Originally as the name of a dictionary encompassing several languages.
- The act of one who ambles.
- a municipality and one of the West Frisian Islands off the north coast of the Netherlands, neighbouring Terschelling to the west and Schiermonnikoog to the east
- Friendly; kind; sweet; gracious
- Of a pleasant an likeable nature; kind-hearted; easy to like
- In an amiable manner; in a friendly or pleasant manner.
- A revenue collector having jurisdiction over several villages, in the British Raj.
- An explosive made up of ammonium nitrate, trinitrotoluene, and aluminium powder.
- To render larger, more extended, or more intense, and the like;—used especially of loudspeakers, telescopes, microscopes, etc.
- To enlarge by addition or discussion; to treat copiously by adding particulars, illustrations, etc.; to expand; to make much of.
- To increase the amplitude of something, especially of an electric current.
- A Roman two-handled vessel.
- A vessel for containing consecrated wine or oil.
- The dilated end of a duct.
- The congenital lack of a spinal cord
- A compound of the radical amyl with oxygen and a positive atom or radical.
- The soluble form of starch (the insoluble form being amylopectin) that is a linear polymer of glucose.
- state of painlessness, absence of pain
- Of or relating to analgia.
- The state of being anal.
- A relationship of resemblance or equivalence between two situations, people, or objects, especially when used as a basis for explanation or extrapolation.
- To subject to analysis.
- To resolve (anything complex) into its elements.
- To separate into the constituent parts, for the purpose of an examination of each separately.
- To examine in such a manner as to ascertain the elements or nature of the thing examined; as, to analyze a fossil substance, to analyze a sentence or a word, or to analyze an action to ascertain its morality.
- A maid.
- An auxiliary or accessory
- A maidservant; a handmaid.
- Of or pertaining to the elbow
- A medieval long dagger.
- A small gold coin once used in England; a half angel.
- A French gold coin of the reign of bearing the image of St. Michael; also, a piece coined at Paris by the English under Henry VI.
- An old musical instrument of the lute kind.
- A sort of small, rich cheese, made in Normandy.
- Related to angina.
- Of or pertaining to the Angles (Germanic people)
- Of or pertaining to East Anglia
- An Angle (member of a Germanic people)
- An Old English dialect from Mercia or Northumbria
- To convert into English; to anglicise.
- A form of fishing, with a rod, line and angle (hook) for recreation or sport.
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- In an angry manner; under the influence of anger.
- Any organic compound derived from an oxoacid by replacement of a hydroxyl group by an aniline residue; an amide of aniline.
- Any compound in which one of the nitrogen-bound hydrogen atoms of aniline is replaced by a metal or other cation.
- Any member of the Aniliidae.
- The simplest aromatic amine, C6H5NH2, synthesized by the reduction of nitrobenzene; it is a colourless oily basic poisonous liquid used in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals.
- A univalent radical derived from aniline
- The condition of being anile.
- The aromatic ether methoxybenzene; it is used in perfumery and in organic synthesis; and derivative of this compound
- Any of three isomeric univalent radicals derived from anisic acid
- any of various wormlike animals, of the phylum Annelida, having a segmented body; they include the earthworm and the leech
- of, or relating to these creatures
- Pertaining to, or having the form of, a ring; ring-shaped; in the shape of an annulus.
- Banded or marked with circles.
- The person or authority that annuls.
- A small ring.
- A ring-shaped molding at the top of a column
- A small circle borne as a charge in coats of arms.
- A ring- or donut-shaped area or structure.
- The region in a plane between two concentric circles of different radius.
- Any topological space homeomorphic to the region in a plane between two concentric circles of different radius.
- The ring of the sun not covered by the moon in an annular solar eclipse.
- Structure in a fern that consists of differentially thick-walled cells on a sporangium that bend and distort as a result of drying.
- The membranous remnants of a partial veil which leaves a ring on the stem of a mushroom.
- The space contained between the centre well bore and any external tubing. Sometimes used for separated gas flow.
- The portion of an electrolyte near an anode, especially in a cell in which the cathode and anode are in separate compartments
- A deviation from a rule or from what is regarded as normal; an outlier.
- Something or someone that is strange or unusual.
- Any event or measurement that is out of the ordinary regardless of whether it is exceptional or not.
- Any of various angular distances.
- A defect or malformation.
- A failure of a classical symmetry due to quantum corrections.
- An irregularity or disproportion.
- Not according to rule; abnormal.
- A city in Turkey
- A cymose corymb with the lateral flowers higher than the central ones.
- Any of three isomeric univalent radicals derived from anthracene
- Oriented towards the apex.
- Of or pertaining to the surface of a prostrate thallus that is oriented away from the substrate.
- In an odd or grotesque manner.
- Resembling an ant. Often used specifically in reference to apparent size or significance
- A small, immature, or miniature ant.
- Similar to an ape in appearance or movement.
- Given to servile imitation.
- A small, young, or immature ape.
- Openly, publicly, without secrecy.
- Clearly, plainly.
- The condition of having no petals
- The point in the orbit of a celestial body at which it is farthest from the body it orbits.
- In an apish manner; in the manner of an ape.
- A lens that has been corrected for spherical aberration and coma in order to produce a rectilinear image.
- A condition marked by the incomplete development, or absence, of an organ or tissue.
- Composed of, or relating to, aplite.
- Connected with the apogee.
- Of or pertaining to a portion of the horn of the hyoid bone.
- An expression of remorse or regret for having said or done something that harmed another: an instance of apologizing (saying that one is sorry).
- A formal justification, defence.
- Anything provided as a substitute; a makeshift.
- The point of an elliptical lunar orbit where the distance between the satellite and the Moon is at its maximum.
- A pore through which water passes out of a radial canal or flagellated chamber of a sponge
- A marginal note; a gloss.
- A method of verification for international documents.
- A small ornamental piece of embroidery worn on albs and some other ecclesiastical vestments.
- The furniture of a ship, such as masts, sails, rigging, anchors, guns, etc.
- To furnish with apparatus; to equip; to fit out.
- To dress or clothe; to attire.
- To dress with external ornaments; to cover with something ornamental
- Applause; applauding.
- To express approval (of something) by clapping the hands.
- To praise, or express approval for something or someone.
- A place name.
- Historical county town of Westmoreland, UK.
- Village in North Lincolnshire, UK.
- Any number of settlements named after those in Britain.
- from the English place name.
- put into practical use
- of a branch of science, serving another branch of science or engineering
- A person who or device that applies something.
- An unincorporated community and former city in Georgia, USA, and the county seat of Columbia County.
- An energetic movement towards or against something
- conjunction or occultation
- a close approach of two heavenly bodies
- Of, pertaining to, or in the form of an apse
- Of or pertaining to the apsides
- Without lateral columns; applied to buildings which have no series of columns along their sides, but are either prostyle or amphiprostyle.
- Of or pertaining to Apulia.
- An inhabitant or a resident of Apulia.
- A village in Ohio.
- A city in Texas.
- Any univalent radical derived from an alkyl radical by replacing one or more hydrogen atoms by aryl groups
- A wooden crossbow with a special drawing mechanism, used to fire bolts, stones etc.
- Of or pertaining to organisms of the kingdom Archaea.
- With respect to area; over an area.
- Of or relating to areolae
- Of or relating to areoles.
- A small enclosed area, especially one of the small spaces on the wings of insects, circumscribed by the veins.
- Relating to Argolis, a district in the Peloponnesus.
- A periphery in eastern Peloponnese which has its modern capital at Nafplion. Its original capital was at Argos.
- An antiseptic compound of silver and a protein.