Page 1 from 6
Total results: 5579
- A bushy small tree, Dodonaea viscosa, native to Hawaii, Australia, Africa, and tropical America, having sticky leaves and dark wood.Urdang, Laurence, (1984)Morris, William, (1971)
- A religious devotee or dervish in Persia.
- name used by Muslims.
- Bogo; a Philippine fruit tree, from the family Burseraceae. 1976
- A small fresh-water fish (Alburnus alburnus); the bleak.
- Blossoming, blooming, in blossom.
- Blowing or being blown; windy.
- In a boil; boiling.
- Heated up; excited.
- In a boil; boiling.
- Figuratively, heated up; excited.
- Of a person, feeling cold.
- The univalent radical derived from acrylic acid :- CH2=CH-CO-
- To earn, earn by labor; earn money or one's living.
- To thrive or grow; to ripen.
- Having lost the power of development, and become rotten; putrid
- Unfruitful or confused; muddled.
- Liquid filth; mire.
- Lees; dregs.
- To make addle; to grow addle; to muddle; as, he addled his brain.
- To cause fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell.
- A foolish or dull-witted fellow.
- name; a rare variant of Adel.
- The father of one of King David's officials (mentioned in 1 Chronicles 27:29).
- name of biblical origin.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name, a variant of Adolph, very rarely given to children since World War II because of its association with Adolf Hitler.
- A fully grown human or animal.
- A person who has reached the legal age of majority, generally 18 years of age.
- Fully grown.
- Intended for or restricted to adults rather than children.
- Containing material of an explicit sexual nature; of, or pertaining to, pornography.
- Vulgar or profane.
- To (cause to) be or become an adult.
- The goddess/personification of good health and the glow of health, one of the daughters of Asclepius.
- Short for one of the main belt asteroids.
- In a state of collision or entanglement.
- In a state of entanglement or conflict (with).
- Having the faculty of quick motion in the limbs; apt or ready to move; nimble;
- Characterised by quick motion
- Of or relating to a technique for iterative and incremental development of software involving collaboration between teams.
- The cover at the tip of a shoelace, to prevent it from fraying.
- A catkin.
- Wrong in the sense of awry, askew, amiss, or distorted.
- Wrong; askew.
- glowing; radiant
- at the hull of a ship
- Having the sails furled and the helm lashed alee, as during a storm.
- A semi-servile class among the Cymry.
- Pertaining to wings.
- Having winglike extensions or parts; winged.
- A winged, reproductive form of several social insects.
- recently; lately; of late.
- Scotland, especially the Highlands.
- A bird of the family Alcidae, including auks, auklets, razorbills, dovekies, guillemots, and puffins.
- name transferred back from the surname.
- A diminutive of the male given name Alexander.
- The first letter of the Proto-Canaanite alphabet, and its descendants in descended Semitic scripts, such as Phoenician Aleph Aramaic Syriac Hebrew and Arabic
- Of the Aleutian Islands, their inhabitants or their language.
- A member of the indigenous people of the Aleutian Islands of Alaska in the United States and of Kamchatka Krai in the Russia.
- A native or inhabitant of the Aleutian Islands.
- The language of the Aleutian Islands, related to Eskimo (Inupiaq and Yupik).
- A cauldron of boiling water into which an accused person plunged his forearm as a test of innocence or guilt.
- name or Alfonso, also used as a formal given name.
- Pertaining to, or like, algae.
- An alga.
- An indigenous language family of North America, comprising Wiyot, Yurok, and many Algonquian languages.
- Cold, chilly; used of low body temperature especially in connection with certain diseases such as malaria and cholera.
- Any of various gelatinous gums, derivatives of alginic acid, derived from algae.
- A tree or wood mentioned in the Bible (2 Chron. ii. 8; 1 K. x. 11), possibly juniper or red sandalwood.
- A primitive, subconscious belieflike attitude which may contradict one's conscious beliefs.
- To form in line; to fall into line.
- To adjust or form to a line; to range or form in line; to bring into line.
- To store (data) in a way that is consistent with the memory architecture, i.e. by beginning each item at an offset equal to some multiple of the word size.
- to identify with or match the behaviour, thoughts, etc of another person.
- organize a linear arrangement of DNA, RNA or protein sequences which have regions of similarity.
- Having resemblance or similitude; similar; without difference.
- In the same manner, form, or degree; in common; equally.
- Resembling or characteristic of ale.
- Having life; living; not dead
- In a state of action; in force or operation; unextinguished; unexpired; existent
- Exhibiting the activity and motion of many living beings; swarming; thronged; busy.
- Sprightly; lively; brisk.
- Having susceptibility; easily impressed; having lively feelings, as opposed to apathy; sensitive.
- out of all living creatues.
- A synthetic resin derived from a reaction between alcohol and certain acids, used as a base for many laminates, paints and coatings.
- To make quiet or put at rest; to pacify or appease; to quell; to calm.
- To alleviate; to abate; to mitigate.
- To subside, abate, become peaceful.
- To mix (metals); to mix with a baser metal; to alloy; to deteriorate.
- alleviation; abatement; check
- A narrow street or passageway, especially one through the middle of a block giving access to the rear of lots or buildings.
- The area between the outfielders, the gap.
- An establishment where bowling is played; bowling alley.
- The extra area between the sidelines or tramlines on a tennis court that is used for doubles matches.
- A walk or passage in a garden or park, bordered by rows of trees or bushes.
- A passageway between rows of pews in a church.
- Any passage having the entrance represented as wider than the exit, so as to give the appearance of length.
- The space between two rows of compositors' stands in a printing office.
- A glass marble or taw.
- a town in central Scotland, which is the administrative centre of council area, and the county town of the historic county of Clackmannanshire between 1822 and 1975
- To grant, give, admit, accord, afford, or yield; to let one have.
- To acknowledge; to accept as true; to concede; to accede to an opinion.
- To grant (something) as a deduction or an addition; especially to abate or deduct.
- To grant license to; to permit; to consent to.
- To not bar or obstruct.
- To acknowledge or concede.
- To take into account by making an allowance.
- To render physically possible.
- To praise; to approve of; hence, to sanction.
- To sanction; to invest; to entrust.
- To like; to be suited or pleased with.
- A metal that is a combination of two or more elements, at least one of which is a metal.
- A metal of lesser value, mixed with a metal of greater value.
- An admixture; something added which stains, taints etc.
- Fusion, marriage, combination.
- To mix or combine; often used of metals.
- To reduce the purity of by mixing with a less valuable substance.
- To impair or debase by mixture.
- The univalent radical, CH2=CH-CH2-, existing especially in oils of garlic and mustard.
- An Egyptian singer or dancing-girl used for entertainment; a dancing-girl, a prostitute.
- On which aloes are growing.
- At, to, or in the air or sky.
- Above, overhead, in a high place; up
- in the top, at the masthead, or on the higher yards or rigging.
- A group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- unreasonableness; absurdity
- Any member of the Aloidae.
- A glycoside derivative of anthracene, found in aloe, that is used as a laxative.
- By oneself, solitary.
- Apart from, or exclusive of, others.
- Considered separately.
- Without equal.
- Unique; rare; matchless.
- By oneself; apart from, or exclusive of, others; solo.
- Without outside help.
- By the length of; in a line with the length of; lengthwise next to.
- In a line with, with a progressive motion on; onward on; forward on.
- In company; together.
- Onward, forward, with progressive action.
- At or from a distance, but within view, or at a small distance; apart; away.
- Without sympathy; unfavorably.
- Reserved and remote; either physically or emotionally distant; standoffish.
- away from; clear of
- A fish, the (Alosa alosa); the allice or allis.
- The (
- With a loud voice, or great noise; loudly; audibly.
- Audibly, as opposed to silent.
- Spoken out loud.
- An extinct Penutian language spoken in the United States.
- An unincorporated community in Virginia.
- The mountain range in central Asia, where Russia, China, Mongolia and Kazakhstan come together.
- Altay, Xinjiang, China.
- Altay Prefecture.
- A limestone pavement.
- name; always rather rare in English.
- name, a rare variant of Alwin.
- Any of various parts of the Agave (or similar) plants, when used as soap
- Other Mexican and North American plants used as soap
- soap plant, a California native plant used for soap
- Large; great in size, extent, capacity, or bulk; spacious; roomy; widely extended.
- Fully sufficient; abundant; plenty
- Not contracted or brief; not concise; extended; diffusive
- In an ample manner.
- To anoint; to give extreme unction to a wound with oil.
- Characteristic of a crone or a feeble old woman.
- The skeletal joint which connects the foot with the leg; the uppermost portion of the foot and lowermost portion of the leg, which contain this skeletal joint.
- To walk.
- To cyclically angle the foot at the ankle while pedaling, to maximize the amount of work applied to the pedal during each revolution.
- To formally revoke the validity of.
- To dissolve (a marital union) on the grounds that it is not valid.
- Any of the Anolis genus of arboreal American lizards (such as the American chameleon) from the iguana family which feature a brightly colored dewlap and color-changing ability.
- A heavy iron block used in the blacksmithing trade as a surface upon which metal can be struck and shaped.
- An incus bone in the inner ear.
- A stone or other hard surface used by a bird for breaking the shells of snails.
- To fashion on an anvil (often used figuratively).
- To lay or place; to put (one thing to another)
- To put to use; to use or employ for a particular purpose, or in a particular case; to appropriate; to devote
- To make use of, declare, or pronounce, as suitable, fitting, or relative; as, to apply the testimony to the case
- To fix closely; to engage and employ diligently, or with attention; to attach; to incline.
- To betake; to address; to refer; generally used reflexively.
- To submit oneself as a candidate (with the adposition "to" designating the recipient of the submission, and the adposition "for" designating the position).
- To pertain or be relevant to a specified individual or group.
- To busy; to keep at work; to ply.
- To visit.
- In an apt or suitable manner; fitly; properly; pertinently; appropriately; readily.
- the capital of Iraqi Kurdistan; called Arbela in classical times
- thus, therefore
- crude tartar.
- An argali (kind of sheep).
- The capital city of the Walloon province of Luxembourg, Belgium.
- A bracelet.
- An ancient astronomical instrument, having either one ring placed in the plane of the equator for determining the time of the equinoxes (an equinoctial armil) or two or more rings, one in the plane of the meridian, for observing the solstices (a solstitial armil).
- A Russian or Soviet craftsmen's collective.
- A funeral feast or wake at which bread and ale was served, traditional in Scotland, the North of England, and among the Norse.
- The ale served at such a wake, the drinking of which was a ritually significant act in Norse culture.
- The money given to hunters, at the death of a fox, in order to buy ale.
- An arch or ceiling of boards placed above the workers' heads in a mine.
- Noble; illustrious
- A chief or lord.
- A prince or noble.
- A kind of tamarisk native to northern Africa and the Middle East, planted widely elsewhere as a shade tree and a windbreak due to its tolerance of heat and of alkaline soils, but tending to become invasive outside of its native range.
- A thick drink or thin gruel made from cornmeal
- Of or pertaining to a royal court; courtly.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a palace.
- A ceremony at some European universities to confer a Doctor of Divinity degree.
- Pertaining to the reproductive ducts of certain organisms.
- Any of a class of ancient Greek musical instruments resembling pipes or flutes.
- Of or pertaining to the ear.
- Of or pertaining to sound.
- Of or pertaining to an aura.
- To turn to the advantage of.
- To be of service to.
- To promote; to assist.
- To be of use or advantage; to answer or serve the purpose; to have strength, force, or efficacy sufficient to accomplish the object.
- To provide; to make available.
- Benefit; value, profit; advantage toward success.
- Effect in achieving a goal or aim; purpose, use (now usually in negative constructions).
- Proceeds; profits from business transactions.
- Effort; striving.
- An advertising slot or package.
- A press avail.
- Non-binding notice of availability for work.
- A readily available stock of oil.
- To abase or debase; to vilify; to depreciate.
- Oppressing with fear or horror; appalling, terrible.
- Inspiring awe; filling with profound reverence or respect; profoundly impressive.
- Struck or filled with awe.
- Worshipful; reverential; law-abiding.
- Exceedingly great; usually applied intensively.
- Very bad.
- Very, extremely.
- In an unlucky or perverse manner.
- Of or pertaining to an axis; of the nature of, or resembling, an axis; around an axis.
- Belonging to the axis of the body, or to the axis of any appendage or organ
- In the same direction as the axis, parallel to the axis.
- A flight feather that appears between the primaries and secondaries on some birds.
- A plane parallel to the surface of a tooth.
- Situated in the axis of anything; as an embryo which lies in the axis of a seed.
- Having (a specified number or kind of) axles.
- A black bird with red feet and beak.
- A traditional family-based community in the Andes, especially among Quechua and Aymara peoples.
- A regenerated protein fiber; textile fiber derived from a protein such as casein (milk) or zein (maize).
- A textile made of these fibers.
- Any of a class of five-membered unsaturated heterocycles having three carbon atoms, one nitrogen atom and two double bonds
- A tree native to South Asia, formerly
- Ill, unwell.
- In a bad manner.
- Very much; to a great degree.
- A machine for creating bales, e.g., of hay or cotton.
- A person who creates bales, either by operating or feeding such a machine, or by creating the bales by hand.
- An ancient city and centre of Buddhism, Islam, and Zoroastrianism and capital of Bactria.
- One of the 34 provinces in Afghanistan, Balkh Province.
- Refusing to proceed or cooperate.
- bloody; used as a mild intensifier.
- Producing balm.
- Soothing or fragrant.
- Mild and pleasant.
- Foolish; slightly crazy or mad; eccentric.
- A king of the Fomorians, supposed to have lived in Son of Buarainech. Husband of Cethleen. Father of Ethniu.
- Asian street food consisting of a developing duck embryo boiled alive and eaten in the shell
- Common in a boring way, to the point of being predictable; containing nothing new or fresh.
- basic, elementary; relating to, or forming, the base, or point of origin
- associated with the base of an organism or structure
- a minimal level that is necessary, such as a minimum dose of a drug
- In a phylogenetic tree, being a group, or member of a group, which diverged earlier. The earliest clade to branch in a larger clade.
- base, bottom, minimum
- Any basal structure or part
- A city in Switzerland.
- A city in Switzerland; spelling of
- In billiards, the area of the table lying behind the line from which the cue ball is initially shot, and from which a ball in hand must be played.
- form of (a tanned sheepskin)
- An administrative official at universities in several European countries, often with a policiary function at the time when universities had their own jurisdiction over students.
- A place of shelter; protection; refuge.
- Endemic syphilis, a chronic disease of skin and tissue caused by infection by a subspecies of the spirochete Treponema pallidum.
- To wrap or lap around; surround; envelope.
- To lie around; encompass.
- To surround; beleaguer.
- To tell lies about; to slander.
- To give a false representation of, to misrepresent.
- To contradict, to show (something) to be false.
- To be shown false by contradicting (something) that is true; to conceal the contradictory or ironic presence of (something).
- To show, evince, demonstrate: to show (something) to be present, particularly something deemed contradictory or ironic.
- To mimic; to counterfeit.
- To fill with lies.
- The abdomen, especially a fat one.
- The stomach.
- The womb.
- The lower fuselage of an airplane.
- The part of anything which resembles the human belly in protuberance or in cavity; the innermost part.
- The hollow part of a curved or bent timber, the convex part of which is the back.
- To position one’s belly; to move on one’s belly.
- To swell and become protuberant; to bulge or billow.
- To cause to swell out; to fill.
- The sloping edge or face on a cutting tool.
- The oblique side or face of a cut gem; especially the upper faceted portion of a brilliant (diamond), which projects from its setting.
- The rim and flange which encompasses and fastens a jewel or other object, such as the crystal of a watch, in the cavity in which it is set; the collet.
- The panel that covers the front of a computer case, or the panel covering each drive bay that can be removed to install a removable drive that requires external access, such as a CD/DVD-ROM drive, which usually has its own preinstalled bezel.
- A Central Indo-Aryan language spoken in west-central India.
- A region of the Philippines located at south-eastern Luzon.
- The language of the native inhabitants of the region.
- The inhabitants of the region.
- Boldness, courage; confidence; a feeling of security, assurance.
- Resource, help, relief; a means of help or relief; support; sustenance.
- Shelter, refuge or protection.
- A place of shelter, a refuge.
- To make bold, give courage or confidence to.
- To defend, protect or shelter.
- Habitable, liveable; hence delightful, pleasant, pleasing.
- Strongly, with great force.
- In a blustering or boastful manner; haughtily, pompously.
- Containing, or resembling, bilge.
- name derived from Bill, the diminutive of William.
- Consisting of blades.
- A feeling of boredom and no motivation; depression.
- A loud sound.
- Dazzling, often garish, brilliance.
- To make a loud sound.
- To cause to sound like the blare of a trumpet; to proclaim loudly.
- Bashful, sheepish.
- Dull, stupid.
- Without color; pale; pallid.
- Desolate and exposed; swept by cold winds.
- Unhappy; cheerless; miserable; emotionally desolate.
- A small European river fish (Alburnus alburnus), of the family Cyprinidae.
- dim, unclear from water or rheum.
- Causing or caused by dimness of sight.
- To be blear; to have blear eyes; to look or gaze with blear eyes.
- To make blurred or dim (of the eyes or eyesight).
- To blur, make blurry (of an image).
- The characteristic cry of a sheep or a goat.
- Of a sheep or goat, to make its characteristic cry.
- Of a person, to complain.
- To lose blood through an injured blood vessel.
- To let or draw blood from.
- To take large amounts of money from.
- To steadily lose (something vital).
- To spread from the intended location and stain the surrounding cloth or paper.
- To remove air bubbles from a pipe containing fluids.
- To bleed on; to make bloody.
- To show one's group loyalty by showing (its associated color) in one's blood.
- To lose sap, gum, or juice.
- To issue forth, or drop, like blood from an incision.
- To destroy the environment where another phonological rule would have applied.
- An incident of bleeding, as in haemophilia.
- A narrow edge around a page layout, to be printed but cut off afterwards (added to allow for slight misalignment, especially with pictures that should run to the edge of the finished sheet).
- The situation where sound is picked up by a microphone from a source other than that which is intended.
- A brief high-pitched sound, as from some electronic device.
- Something named by an explicit noun in the original, unedited version of the containing sentence.
- A broad genre of electronic music with goth and industrial influences, as opposed to traditional gothic rock.
- To emit one or more bleeps.
- To edit out inappropriate spoken language in a broadcast by replacing offending words with bleeps.
- To blink.
- To shine
- To look.
- A small pancake, of Russian origin, made from buckwheat flour; traditionally served with melted butter, sour cream and caviar or smoked salmon.
- To close and reopen both eyes quickly.
- To close and reopen one's eyes to remove (something) from on or around the eyes.
- To wink; to twinkle with, or as with, the eye.
- To see with the eyes half shut, or indistinctly and with frequent winking, as a person with weak eyes.
- To shine, especially with intermittent light; to twinkle; to flicker; to glimmer, as a lamp.
- To flash on and off at regular intervals.
- To flash headlights on a car at.
- To send a signal with a lighting device.
- To perform the smallest action that could solicit a response.
- To shut out of sight; to evade; to shirk.
- To trick; to deceive.
- To turn slightly sour, or blinky, as beer, milk, etc.
- To teleport, mostly for short distances
- The act of very quickly closing both eyes and opening them again.
- The time needed to close and reopen one's eyes.
- A text formatting feature that causes text to disappear and reappear as a form of visual emphasis.
- A glimpse or glance.
- gleam; glimmer; sparkle
- The dazzling whiteness about the horizon caused by the reflection of light from fields of ice at sea; iceblink
- Boughs cast where deer are to pass, in order to turn or check them.
- An ability that allows teleporting, mostly for short distances
- A gust of wind and rain.
- The plant
- Any of various plants in the genus Chenopodium.
- Any of various plants in the genus Atriplex.
- to cause to become distended.
- (veterinary medicine) to get an overdistended rumen, talking of a ruminant.
- to fill soft substance with gas, water, etc.; to cause to swell
- to become distended; to swell up
- to fill with vanity or conceit
- to preserve by slightly salting and lightly smoking
- distention of the abdomen from death
- (veterinary medicine) pathological overdistention of rumen with gas in a ruminant
- wasteful use of space
- A worthless, dissipated fellow.
- A pale yellowish (golden brown) color, especially said of hair color.
- A person with this hair color.
- Of a bleached or pale golden (light yellowish) colour.
- Having blond hair.
- To color or dye blond
- To make a hit just beyond the infield.
- To produce a low-pitched beeping sound.
- A low-pitched beeping sound.
- distended, swollen or inflated
- panting and out of breath
- Formed by blowing
- Under the influence of drugs, especially marijuana.
- stale; worthless
- Covered with the eggs and larvae of flies; flyblown.
- Given a hot rod blower
- Windy or breezy.
- (of fabric, hair, etc.) Billowy, blowing or waving in the wind.
- (of soil) Susceptible to drifting.
- A blue blazer, part of the school uniform at Harrow School.
- Any of several different species of plants having blue flowers.
- A short description of a book, film, or other work, written and used for promotional purposes.
- To write or quote something in a blurb
- To utter suddenly and unadvisedly; to speak quickly or without thought; to divulge inconsiderately — commonly with out.
- An act of blushing.
- A glow; a flush of colour.
- Feeling or appearance of optimism.
- A sort of makeup, frequently a powder, used to redden the cheeks.
- A color between pink and cream.
- A pale pink wine made by removing the dark grape skins at the required point during fermentation.
- To become red in the face due to shyness, shame, excitement, or embarrassment.
- To become red.
- To suffuse with a blush; to redden; to make roseate.
- To change skin color in the face (to a particular shade).
- To express or make known by blushing.
- To have a warm and delicate colour, like some roses and other flowers.
- The collective noun for a group of boys.
- A thin membrane or small piece of skin.
- a town and river in Northumberland, England,
- a village in Nottinghamshire, England.
- a river in Suffolk, England.
- a curved, tapered metal tube which connects the reed of several double reed woodwind instruments (such as the cor anglais, bassoon, and contrabassoon) to the rest of the instrument
- A cylindrical glass vessel, with a large and short neck.
- A former Scottish copper coin of less value than a bawbee, worth about one-sixth of an English penny.
- The province of Bohol.
- The island of Bohol.
- A throwing weapon made of weights on the ends of interconnected cords, designed to capture animals by entangling their legs.
- A sticky thread whirled around by certain spiders to catch prey.
- a monimiaceous tree.
- The leaves of this tree, used in traditional medicine for hepatic troubles and genitourinary inflammation.
- A meteor or brilliant shooting star, followed by a train of light or sparks; especially one which explodes.
- Bollinger champagne
- An edible fish of the Nile, the ( formerly
- A company of Irish herdsmen, or a single herdsman, wandering from place to place with flocks and herds, and living on their milk, like the Tartars.
- A place in the mountain pastures enclosed for the shelter of cattle or their keepers.
- aluminium borotartrate, an astringent and antiseptic.
- Any organic boron radical of the form R2B- especially when linked to a metal atom
- a floating hotel; a boat that acts as a hotel
- A part or division of the intestines, usually the large intestine.
- The entrails or intestines; the internal organs of the stomach.
- The (deep) interior something.
- The seat of pity or the gentler emotions; pity or mercy.
- To disembowel.
- A precision sport where the goal is to roll biased balls (weighted on one side, and called bowls) closer to a smaller white ball (the jack or kitty) than one's opponent is able to do.
- A ball used in the game of bowls
- A small rope used to truss up sails.
- A thong of soft leather to bind up a hawk's wing.
- A stock at each end of a seine to keep it stretched.
- To reef, shorten or strike sail using brails.
- A fight, usually with a large number of people involved.
- To engage in a brawl; to fight or quarrel.
- To complain loudly; to scold.
- To make a loud confused noise, as the water of a rapid stream running over stones.
- To cook by direct, radiant heat. (British: grill)
- To expose to great heat.
- To be exposed to great heat.
- Food prepared by broiling.
- to cause a rowdy disturbance; embroil
- (obsolete) to brawl
- A brawl; a rowdy disturbance.
- An extinct subspecies of the hartebeest, which was formerly native to northern Africa
- To form (something) by combining materials or parts.
- To develop or give form to (something) according to a plan or process.
- To increase or strengthen (something) by adding gradually to.
- To establish a basis for (something).
- To form by combining materials or parts.
- To develop in magnitude or extent.
- To construct (software) by compiling its source code.
- To be constructed by compilation of source code, usually with minimal human intervention.
- The physique of a human body; constitution or structure of a human body.
- Any of various versions of a software product as it is being developed for release to users.
- Any structure, such as a building, statue, pool or forest, created by the player.
- well-built, muscular or toned.
- Shape; build; form of structure.
- Having one or more bulges; bulging
- Being large in size, mass, or volume.
- Having excess body mass, especially muscle.
- A person who is cruel to others, especially those who are weaker or have less power.
- A noisy, blustering fellow, more insolent than courageous; one who is threatening and quarrelsome; an insolent, tyrannical fellow.
- A hired thug.
- A prostitute’s minder; a pimp.
- Bully beef.
- A brisk, dashing fellow.
- The small scrum in the Eton College field game.
- A small freshwater fish.
- An (eldest) brother; a fellow workman; comrade
- A companion; mate.
- darling, sweetheart.
- To intimidate (someone) as a bully.
- To act aggressively towards.
- Very good; excellent.
- Jovial and blustering; dashing.
- A purse or bag in which to carry or measure diamonds, etc.
- A coarse woolen cloth.
- Any of four isomeric univalent hydrocarbon radicals, C4H9, formally derived from butane by the loss of a hydrogen atom.
- A synthetic rubber made by the polymerization of isobutylene.
- An ornate capital letter used in calligraphy consisting of interlacing pen strokes.
- An Israelite who entered Canaan with Joshua.
- name first used by Puritans.
- To give birth to a calf.
- To assist the giving of birth of a calf.
- To break off or shed a large piece.
- A cup-like structure in the mammalian kidney.
- The outermost whorl of flower parts, comprising the sepals, when it is not the same in appearance as the next such whorl (the corolla).
- The crown of a crinoid.
- name borrowed from Italian or German.
- name of Italian origin. English equivalents: Charles, Carl
- Relating to the vena cava
- To criticise for petty or frivolous reasons.
- A petty or trivial objection or criticism.
- A celebrity; a famous person.
- An Anglo-Saxon churl.
- A radical, C27H55, supposed to exist in several compounds obtained from waxes.
- The univalent hexadecyl radical C16H33- present in many waxes
- A type of residential tenement building found in India, typically for poor working-class people.
- to gossip, particularly in a forthright manner
- to speak rudely or out of turn
- An unsharpened section of a knife blade in front of the guard on the blade
- The indentation of a pocket-knife blade where it joins the tang
- A short-sleeved blouse worn under a sari; an Indian underbodice.
- A Mexican or Hispanic gang member, or somebody perceived to embody similar characteristics.
- A rustic; a countryman or labourer; a free peasant (as opposed to a serf).
- A rough, surly, ill-bred person; a boor.
- A selfish miser; an illiberal person; a niggard.
- a freedman, ranked below a thane but above a thrall
- A digestive fluid containing fatty droplets, found in the small intestine.
- A perennial onion plant, Allium fistulosum, commonly called Welsh onion.
- A summons to appear, as before a judge.
- citation; quotation
- A group of animals or other organisms derived from a common ancestor species.
- A higher level grouping of a genetic haplogroup.
- To be part of a clade; to form a clade.
- To honk or cry like a goose.
- The cry of a goose, or other bird.
- Gossip; a gossip.
- The barnacle goose.
- form of (the barnacle goose)
- A brace, band, or clasp for strengthening or holding things together.
- An instrument used to temporarily shut off blood vessels, etc.
- A mass of bricks heaped up to be burned; or of ore for roasting, or of coal coking.
- A piece of wood (batten) across the grain of a board end to keep it flat, as in a breadboard.
- A heavy footstep; a tramp.
- An electronic circuit that fixes either the positive or the negative peak excursions of a signal to a defined value by shifting its DC value.
- To fasten in place or together with (or as if with) a clamp.
- To tread heavily or clumsily; to clump or clomp.
- To hold or grip tightly.
- To modify (a numeric value) so it lies within a specific range.
- To cover (vegetables, etc.) with earth.
- A loud, ringing sound, like that made by free-hanging metal objects striking each other.
- Quality of tone.
- The cry of some birds, including the crane and the goose.
- A word or phrase linked only by sound and not by meaning, characteristic of some mental disorders.
- To strike (objects) together so as to produce a clang.
- To give out a clang; to resound.
- A loud, hard sound of metal hitting metal.
- To make a clanking sound
- To cause to sound with a clank.
- definition (see
- a city in South Dakota, USA, and county seat of Clark County.
- A daub.
- Sticky mud, mire or filth.
- A person who is unclean.
- A fool.
- To daub, smear, or spread, especially with mud, etc.; to dirty.
- A loud sound.
- A skirmish, a hostile encounter.
- a match; a game between two sides.
- An angry argument
- Opposition; contradiction; such as between differing or contending interests, views, purposes etc.
- A combination of garments that do not look good together, especially because of conflicting colours.
- An instance of restarting the game after a "dead ball", where it is dropped between two opposing players, who can fight for possession.
- to make a loud clash
- to come into violent conflict
- to argue angrily
- to not look good together.
- to coincide, to happen at the same time, thereby rendering it impossible to attend all.
- to face each other in an important game.
- A fastener or holder, particularly one that clasps.
- An embrace, a grasp, or handshake.
- To take hold of; to grasp; to grab tightly.
- To shut or fasten together with, or as if with, a clasp.
- A group, collection, category or set sharing characteristics or attributes.
- A social grouping, based on job, wealth, etc. In Britain, society is commonly split into three main classes; upper class, middle class and working class.
- The division of society into classes.
- Admirable behavior; elegance.
- A group of students in a regularly scheduled meeting with a teacher.
- A series of classes covering a single subject.
- A group of students who commenced or completed their education during a particular year. A school class.
- A category of seats in an airplane, train or other means of mass transportation.
- A rank in the classification of organisms, below phylum and above order; a taxon of that rank.
- Best of its kind.
- A collection of sets definable by a shared property.
- A group of people subject to be conscripted in the same military draft, or more narrowly those persons actually conscripted in a particular draft.
- A set of objects having the same behavior (but typically differing in state), or a template defining such a set.
- One of the sections into which a Methodist church or congregation is divided, supervised by a class leader.
- To assign to a class; to classify.
- To be grouped or classed.
- To divide into classes, as students; to form into, or place in, a class or classes.
- great; fabulous
- Free of dirt or impurities or protruberances.
- Not dirty.
- In an unmarked condition.
- Allowing an uninterrupted flow over surfaces, without protrusions such as racks or landing gear.
- Having relatively few impurities.
- Free of immorality or criminality.
- Pure, especially morally or religiously.
- Not having used drugs or alcohol.
- Without restrictions or penalties, or someone having such a record.
- Not in possession of weapons or contraband such as drugs.
- Devoid of profanity.
- Smooth, exact, and performed well.
- Total; utter.
- Cool or neat.
- Being free of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
- That does not the
- Free from that which is useless or injurious; without defects.
- Free from restraint or neglect; complete; entire.
- Well-proportioned; shapely.
- Ascended without falling.
- Removal of dirt.
- The first part of the event clean and jerk in which the weight is brought from the ground to the shoulders.
- To remove dirt from a place or object.
- To tidy up, make a place neat.
- To remove equipment from a climbing route after it was previously lead climbed.
- To make things clean in general.
- To remove unnecessary files, etc. from (a directory, etc.).
- To brush the ice lightly in front of a moving rock to remove any debris and ensure a correct line; less vigorous than a sweep.
- To purge a raw of any blemishes caused by the scanning process such as brown tinting and poor color contrast.
- To remove guts and/or scales of a butchered animal.
- Fully and completely.
- A strip of wood or iron fastened on transversely to something in order to give strength, prevent warping, hold position, etc.
- A continuous metal strip, or angled piece, used to secure metal components.
- A device to quickly affix a line or rope, and from which it is also easy to release.
- A protrusion on the bottom of a shoe meant for better traction. (See cleats.)
- To strengthen with a cleat.
- To tie off, affix, stopper a line or rope, especially to a cleat.
- To hatch (of birds); colloquially, of people, to be born.
- An opening, fissure, or V-shaped indentation made by or as if by splitting.
- A piece made by splitting.
- A disease of horses; a crack on the band of the pastern.
- To give a call; cry out; appeal.
- To call; call upon; cry out to.
- To call to one's self; invite; summon.
- To call; call by the name of; name.
- To tell lies about; inform against (someone).
- To be loquacious; tattle; gossip.
- To report; relate; tell.
- A cry; an appeal; a call.
- One of the Charites worshiped in Sparta along with Phaenna.
- A room; chamber.
- A cottage.
- To ascend; rise; to go up.
- To mount; to move upwards on.
- To scale; to get to the top of something.
- To move (especially up and down something) by gripping with the hands and using the feet.
- to practise the sport of climbing
- to jump high
- To move to a higher position on the social ladder.
- Of plants, to grow upwards by clinging to something.
- An act of climbing.
- The act of getting to somewhere more elevated.
- An upwards struggle
- A particular region as defined by its weather or climate.
- Fruit (especially peach) whose flesh adheres strongly to the pit.
- adherence; attachment; devotion
- hold very tightly, as to not fall off.
- To adhere to an object, without being affixed, in such a way as to follow its contours. Used especially of fabrics and films.
- To cause to adhere to, especially by twining round or embracing.
- To cause to dry up or wither.
- to be fond of, to feel strongly about
- To produce a high-pitched ringing sound, like a small bell.
- A long outer garment worn over the shoulders covering the back; a cape, often with a hood.
- A blanket-like covering, often metaphorical.
- That which conceals; a disguise or pretext.
- A text replacement for an IRC user's hostname or IP address, making the user less identifiable.
- To cover as with a cloak.
- To render or become invisible via futuristic technology.
- Of earthenware.
- To make cloam.
- To gutter (as a candle).