Page 1 from 23
Total results: 23705
- Pertaining to Aaron.
- Pertaining to or characteristic of a high priest; priestly.
- Of or pertaining to the lower order of priests.
- One who uses an abacus in casting accounts; a calculator.
- Alternative form of Ibadite.
- ivory black or animal charcoal.
- Of a side that is facing away from the axis or central line, such as the underside of a leaf; or the back of an animal.
- A member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled from Baghdad, from about 750 to 1250, claiming ancestry of Abbas.
- Of or relating to the Abbasid caliphs.
- The office, tenure, estate, or jurisdiction of an abbot.
- Continuing or persisting in the same state; lasting; enduring.
- The action of one who abides; the state of an abider.
- An abode.
- The de facto capital and largest city of Côte d'Ivoire.
- Of or relating to Abidjan.
- Of the style prevalent in Abidjan.
- Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- Of, pertaining to, or derived from fir trees.
- Of or pertaining to abietic acid or its derivatives.
- A thief who steels livestock in large quantities.
- A region of Syria south and southeast of Damascus.
- A city of west-central Texas west-southwest of Fort Worth; founded in 1881 with the coming of the railroad, the city first prospered as a shipping center for cattle.
- A city in Kansas
- Belonging to a prehistoric culture of central Texas, characterized by oval grinding stones.
- Nonliving, inanimate, characterised by the absence of life; of inorganic matter.
- Tending to inhibit or destroy life; antibiotic; incompatible with life.
- The illegitimate child of an unmarried woman and a married man.
- A geographic region in Quebec within Abitibi-Témiscamingue.
- An Algonquin people of Ontario.
- A member of the Abitibi people.
- Not giving the biuret reaction; showing that it does not contain biuret. 1976
- To form by cutting off as a protrusion from a parent cell.
- To separate from the hypha of a fungus by the formation of a septum.
- To end a law, system, institution, custom or practice.
- To put an end to or destroy, as a physical object; to wipe out.
- An extract manufactured from the bacterium and is used to study contagious abortions in cattle.
- A village on the Mediterranean coast of Egypt which contains several ancient Egyptian, Greek, and Roman structures.
- A bay outside this village, at the mouth of the Nile, where on 1 August 1798 a British fleet led by defeated the French in the
- To deprive; to cut off.
- To debar from.
- To make shorter; to shorten in duration or extent.
- To shorten or contract by using fewer words, yet retaining the sense; to epitomize; to condense
- Cut short; truncate.
- To curtail.
- Abstinence from food.
- Wasting away as a result of abstinence from food.
- A former mountainous region of central Italy that borders the Adriatic Sea; properly Abruzzi e Molise; now separated into Abruzzo and Molise.
- To cut off.
- To separate by means of abscission; to shed or drop off.
- To cut off by abscission.
- To separate (as a leaf from a twig) by abscission.
- Keep or withhold oneself.
- Refrain from (something); hold oneself aloof; to forbear or keep from doing, especially an indulgence of the passions or appetites.
- Deliberately refrain from casting one's vote at a meeting where one is present.
- Hinder; keep back; withhold.
- Misuse, abuse.
- Abuse of the truth; deceit, lying.
- Violation of law or propriety; outrage, improper behaviour.
- Physical, mental, verbal, or sexual abuse.
- Wrongly used; perverted; misapplied; unjust; illegal.
- Full of abuses; practicing abuse; containing abuse, or serving as the instrument of abuse.
- Prone to ill treat by coarse, insulting words or by other ill usage; vituperative; reproachful; scurrilous.
- Tending to deceive; fraudulent.
- Given to misusing; also, full of abuses.
- Given to misusing.
- Being physically injurious; characterized by repeated violence.
- A follower of a 4th-century bishop.
- Of or relating to the Acacians.
- Relating to a rift that occurred in the early 6th century, between the Eastern and Western Christian churches, occurring during the rule of
- A glycoside found in the leaves of a false acacia tree, Robinia pseudoacacia; C28H32O14.
- Of or pertaining to Acadia, its people, or their language or culture.
- Of or pertaining to the Acadian epoch.
- A native of Acadia or their descendants who moved to Louisiana; a Cajun.
- A French speaking descendant of the early settlers in the Maritime Provinces.
- Acadian French: the form of French spoken in Acadia.
- The Middle Cambrian epoch, lasting from 497 million years ago to 509 million years ago.
- The state in which the level of carbon dioxide in the blood and tissue is significantly lower than normal.
- A birth defect in which the heart is absent
- Relating to mites (of the genus Acarus)
- Of or caused by acari or mites.
- Shaped like or resembling a mite.
- Sloth, slothfulness, especially as inducing general listlessness and apathy.
- To prepare oneself for action.
- To shout; to call out.
- To shout approval; to express great approval.
- To salute or praise with great approval; to compliment; to applaud; to welcome enthusiastically.
- To claim.
- To declare by acclamations.
- To elect to an office by having no opposition.
- An acclamation; a shout of applause.
- A claim.
- An acequia, an irrigation ditch.
- Tasting sour or bitter.
- Sharp, harsh, biting.
- To convert into acid or vinegar.
- To turn acid
- The compound 3-hydroxybutanone CH3-CO-CH(OH)-CH3 that is one of the constituents of the flavour of butter
- To succeed in something, now especially in academic performance.
- To carry out successfully; to accomplish.
- To conclude, finish, especially successfully.
- To obtain, or gain (a desired result, objective etc.), as the result of exertion; to succeed in gaining; to win.
- To conclude, to turn out.
- To obtain (a material thing).
- A tropical American evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lipstick tree.
- The seed of this tree used as a colouring or in Latin American cooking.
- An orange-red dye obtained from this seed.
- Deficiency or absence of bile.
- Lacking bile (or bile pigments)
- The lack or reduced production of gastric juices in any part of the digestive tract.
- to make something (more) acidic or sour; to convert into an acid.
- to neutralize alkalis, as to acidify sugar
- to sour, to embitter.
- The quality or state of being acid
- The quality of sour; sourness; tartness; sharpness to the taste, as in the acidity of lemon juice.
- Excessive acid quality, as in gastric secretions.
- To impregnate with acid; acidify.
- To treat (a limestone or sandstone formation) with HCl or HF to enlarge void spaces in it.
- Shaped like a needle.
- Consisting of acini, or minute granular concretions.
- Having no dip; horizontal
- Without inclination or dipping.
- relating to the acme of something, highest.
- An amorphous, bitter, non-poisonous alkaloid, derived from the decomposition of aconitine.
- The herb wolfsbane, or monkshood; any plant of the genus Aconitum, all the species of which are poisonous.
- An extract or tincture obtained from used as a poison and medicinally.
- Threadlike defensive organs, composed largely of nettling cells (cnidae), thrown out of the mouth or special pores of certain Actiniae when irritated.
- Any of several rodents of the genus of the family Dasyproctidae, smaller than agoutis, which inhabit Amazonia.
- To get.
- To gain, usually by one's own exertions; to get as one's own
- To contract.
- To sample signals and convert them into digital values.
- Acquisition; gain.
- lack of self-control; excess; intemperance
- Feebleness; impotence or lack of strength due to lack of tone.
- Any member of the Acrididae.
- In a harsh or corrosive manner.
- The absence of a crisis from a disease.
- An unfavorable crisis or turn in the course of an attack of disease.
- A condition in which diagnosis and especially prognosis are uncertain.
- Pertaining to or affecting the surface.
- Derived from acrylic acid or acrylonitrile.
- Containing an acrylic resin.
- An acrylic resin.
- A paint containing an acrylic resin.
- a painting executed using such a paint.
- A thick sheet of plastic.
- A liquid coating system based on an acrylic resin
- Pertaining to the side or surface around the mouth in an animal that has radial symmetry such as a starfish.
- Pertaining to the axis of rotational symmetry in radiate animals.
- Of or relating to actinism.
- Composed of actin.
- Related to or caused by light or radiation. In medicine, actinic keratoses usually occur in sundamaged skin and exhibit hyperkeratosis.Kumar, Vinay; Abbas, Abul K Abul.; Aster, Jon (2015) Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease (9th ed.). Saunders Elsevier. p. 1154
- The isotope of radon
- An actinide
- active; full of activity; full of energy.
- A peptide that participates in the regulation of the menstrual cycle, cell proliferation, apoptosis, metabolism, and many other diverse functions.
- Not cyclic; having an open chain structure.
- Containing no cycles.
- Of a flower, having its parts inserted spirally on the receptacle.
- The inability to conceive; sterility.
- The state of not being pregnant.
- Pertaining to an adage; proverbial.
- On the side that is towards the axis or central line, usually on the upper side.
- (developmental biology) adjacent to the axis, or in vertebrates the notochord.
- Capable of being added.
- name transferred from the surname.
- name popular in the 2000s, following Alison and Madison.
- A place name, including:
- a town in Vermont, USA, named after the poet Joseph Addison.
- The augmentation by a judge of damages awarded by a jury.
- form of (earnings).
- The act of causing fertilised eggs to lose viability, by killing the developing embryo within through shaking, piercing, freezing or oiling, without breaking the shell or other outer layer.
- a prince, especially an Anglo-Saxon prince or royal heir
- A rare mineral, a calcium-magnesium arsenate, forming blue, green, yellow or grey orthorhombic crystals.
- Of or relating to lymphatic glands or lymphoid tissue; lymphoid.
- One of two folds of lymphatic tissue covered by ciliated epithelium. They are found in the roof and posterior wall of the nasopharynx at the back of the throat behind the uvula. They may obstruct normal breathing and make speech difficult when swollen, a condition often called adenitis.
- The denial of the existence of gods, especially the legendary gods of Hinduism.
- To allow in; to admit.
- To administer (something, such as a remedy).
- To affix.
- The curve on a graph of pressure and temperature which gives the adiabatic heating or cooling of a gas.
- The number of arguments or operands a function or operation takes. For a relation, the number of domains in the corresponding Cartesian product.
- Any salt or ester of adipic acid
- A mass of fat found internally; also, a fatty tumor.
- Containing, composed of, or consisting of fat; fatty.
- Slightly overweight, somewhat fat and hence soft.
- Animal fat stored in the tissue of the body.
- Of or relating to adipose, the fatty tissue.
- That is related to another functor by an adjunction.
- Having a relationship of the nature of an adjoint (adjoint curve); sharing multiple points with.
- The transpose of the cofactor matrix of a given square matrix.
- Transpose conjugate.
- Hermitian conjugate.
- A functor related to another functor by an adjunction.
- A curve A such that any point of a given curve C of multiplicity r has multiplicity at least r–1 on A. Sometimes the multiple points of C are required to be ordinary, and if this condition is not satisfied the term sub-adjoint is used.
- An assistant to someone who holds a position in the military or civil service.
- An assistant mayor of a French commune.
- One who maintains that the vowel points of the Tetragrammaton translated "Jehovah" are the vowel points that belong to the word Adonai.
- Showing adoration or admiration.
- Considered or thought out; resulting from deliberation.
- Informed, appraised or made aware.
- someone who receives advice
- One who offers advice.
- aerobic organisms, but especially aerobic bacteria; aerobes
- Of or relating to Aesop; Aesopian.
- Of or relating to summer.
- The individual witness whose statement is contained in an affidavit or sworn deposition.
- Of a family relationship by marriage of a relative (or through affinity), as opposed to consanguinity; in-law.
- As or like an affix.
- Enduringly stuck to, or attached to, something.
- A person or thing that affixes.
- To cause (someone) pain, suffering or distress.
- To strike or cast down; to overthrow.
- To make low or humble.
- In the midst of flying.
- A close but separated relationship.
- In a contrary direction to.
- Close to.
- In front of; before a background.
- In physical contact with.
- In physical opposition to, or in collision with.
- A contrasting or competitive relationship.
- In contrast and/or comparison with.
- In competition with, versus.
- In opposition to.
- In exchange for.
- As counterbalance to.
- As a charge on.
- As protection from.
- Exposed to.
- In anticipation of; in preparation for (a particular time, event etc.).
- By the time that (something happened); before.
- An unmarried person celibate by choice.
- Characteristic of agape
- A rounded evergreen barberry, native to the United States and Mexico, or its berry.
- Resembling or pertaining to agate.
- To convert (a living thing) into the form of agate; to fossilize.
- Absence of the sense of taste.
- Partial or complete loss of the sense of taste.
- Lacking a sense of taste.
- In an agile manner; with agility.
- The quality of being agile; the power of moving the limbs quickly and easily; nimbleness; quickness of motion
- A faculty of being agile in body, mind, or figuratively.
- An oppositional person, especially one opposed to government actions and projects.
- One who agists or takes in cattle to pasture at a certain rate; a pasturer.
- an officer of the king's forest, who had the care of cattle agisted, and collected the money for the same; hence called gisttaker, which in England is corrupted into guest-taker.
- To cause to move with a violent, irregular action
- To move or actuate.
- To stir up; to disturb or excite; to perturb
- To discuss with great earnestness; to debate
- To revolve in the mind, or view in all its aspects; to contrive busily; to devise; to plot
- A tempo mark directing that a passage is to be played in a restless agitated style.
- A passage having this mark.
- Played in a restless agitated style.
- Describing a passage having this mark.
- of the male bloodline; patrilineal
- The inability to recognize objects by use of the senses.
- Epistemologically necessary lack of, indifference to, denial or shunning of, or defective knowledge.
- Someone involved in a contest or battle (as in an agon), protagonist.
- The muscle that contracts while the other relaxes.
- A molecule that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction.
- To writhe with agony; to suffer violent anguish.
- To struggle; to wrestle; to strive desperately, whether mentally or physically.
- Any of various peralkaline igneous rocks, typically nepheline syenite or phonolite.
- Of or pertaining to the condition of zero-gravity.
- From high, from a high point.
- Qualifying for financial aid.
- Capable of being rectified with a hearing aid.
- Without aid.
- Without mechanical assistance.
- The hinged part on the trailing edge of an airplane wing, used to control lateral turns.
- A half gable, as at the end of a penthouse or of the aisle of a church.
- A small square shield, formerly worn on the shoulders of knights, being the prototype of the epaulet.
- Something which ails one; a disease; sickness.
- Capable of being aimed.
- Without aim, purpose, or direction.
- Suitable for broadcast.
- A waybill for cargo being shipped by air.
- A flat-bottomed boat driven by an in-air propeller and used in shallow water.
- A group of two or more trained individuals, formed as a team that operates an aircraft.
- The date on which a television or radio program is broadcast.
- A very large hangar for the storage of airships.
- A town in North Lanarkshire, Scotland.
- A city in Alberta, Canada.
- The cost or expense of an airplane ticket or trip.
- A structure shaped to produce lift when moving in air.
- A wing of an aircraft.
- A faint illumination in the sky due to photochemical luminescence in the upper atmosphere, now rarely observed by earthbound humans without the assistance of intruments.
- A silly, foolish or unintelligent person.
- A landing area for aircraft for supplying an operation, military or other, usually temporary.
- An area of hostile territory that has been seized by paratroopers or helicopter-based troops to ensure the further landing of troops and/or materiel.
- Lacking or being without air.
- Lacking air circulation.
- With air that is stale.
- Suffering from asphyxia.
- Stifling; dead; lacking vitality or excitement.
- The transportation of troops, civilians or supplies by air, especially in an emergency.
- Such a flight.
- A pipe that is used to suck up objects from the sea bed.
- To transport (troops etc) in an airlift.
- Resembling air, gaseous.
- A thoughtless, light-hearted person.
- A sealed, airtight chamber, such as in a manned spacecraft or submarine, used to provide access to and from the sealed area without allowing air out or water in.
- A small airport sometimes found near an industrial or business area.
- The playing of a particular song, band or genre on the radio, or the frequency with which it is played.
- Nauseous due to the effects of motion of an airplane; suffering from motion sickness caused by air travel.
- Characterised or marked by air, especially bracingly cold air; windy; stormy
- A view from the air; a photograph taken from an aircraft.
- Toward the air; upward.
- Singular of thus often "radio" or "frequency".
- Competent and familiar with aircraft or air travel.
- The capital and largest city of Corsica.
- A small tree of New Zealand (
- A thick-walled, dormant cell found in cyanobacteria and green algae
- A given name
- An Arabic tale about a young man named Aladdin who is recruited by a sorcerer to get a magic lamp from a cave; often adapted into comic pantomime in Britain
- The young man who is the protagonist and title character of the story
- A nonessential amino acid 2-aminopropanoic acid found in most animal proteins
- A specific residue, molecule, or isomer of this amino acid
- The state of being winged.
- A binary star in the constellation Cygnus; Beta (β) Cygni.
- Of or relating to the mineral albite.
- Any of a class of acyclic polyols formally derived from an aldose by reduction of the carbonyl functional group.
- An early chemical apparatus, consisting of two retorts connected by a tube, used to purify substances by distillation
- Of or pertaining to the various modalities of truth, such as the possibility or impossibility of something being true.
- A woman who keeps an alehouse.
- A migrating North American fish,
- Any of several species similar in appearance.
- An Islamic cleric, an expert in Islamic law and jurisprudence, especially in medieval and early modern Spain.
- An edible marine fish of California (
- A yellow supergiant in the constellation Perseus; Alpha (α) Persei.
- A variable star in the constellation Pegasus; Gamma (γ) Pegasi. It forms one corner of the square of Pegasus.
- Pain-causing; painful in nature.
- Relating to the level of hypersensitivity to pain.
- Producing or having relation to pain.
- The capital of Algeria.
- Producing cold; covered in ice.
- Relating to alginic acid or its derivatives
- Using more than one name, or being referred to in more than one way.
- A kind of wine, formerly much esteemed, said to have been made near Alicante in Spain.
- A sighting device used for measuring angles.
- In an alien manner.
- Shaped like a wing
- Having wings
- Having been placed, arranged or formed in alignment (with something).
- Allied or working together with a common goal.
- One who, or that which, aligns.
- Nourishment, sustenance.
- An allowance for maintenance; alimony.
- To feed, nourish.
- To sustain, support.
- A court-mandated allowance made to a former spouse by a divorced or legally separated person.
- The means to support life.
- Contained in the whole an integral number of times, a factor or divisor.
- A portion of a total amount of a solution or suspension.
- To separate a volume of solution or suspension into aliquots.
- From another source; from elsewhere.
- The madder of the Levant.
- Containing a relatively high proportion of alkali; alkaline.
- Relating to, or composed of alkyl chains; aliphatic
- Of or pertaining to alleles.
- Of or pertaining to alleles of the same gene.
- An ally; a confederate.
- name transferred from the surname; mostly of persons born before 1950.
- name taken into general use in the 1940s; usually interpreted as a spelling variant of Alison.
- a small city in Iowa, USA
- Containing an allyl group, an alkene hydrocarbon group with the formula H2C=CH-CH2-
- A bark canoe used by the Africans.
- A boat used in Calicut (modern Kozhikode) in India, about eighty feet long and six or seven feet wide.
- Cupboard, cabinet or chest of drawers.
- A large blue star in the constellation of Orion; Epsilon (ε) Orionis. It is one of the three stars that form Orion's Belt.
- A triple star in the constellation of Orion; Zeta (ζ) Orionis. It is one of the three stars that form Orion's Belt.
- A medicine containing mainly aloes.
- Consisting chiefly of aloes; of the nature of aloes.
- A member of the Alogi, a group of Christian heretics in Asia Minor that flourished around 170 CE.
- An early 20th century movement in painting and writing, emerging from the Russian avant-garde, which made use of antirational or nonsensical elements.
- An absurd or nonsensical element deliberately added to a work that belongs to the alogism movement.
- Irrationality; the rejection of logical thinking as a means of approaching truth.
- An irrational statement or line of argument; a logical error.
- An inconsistency or arbitrary situation that follows no logical pattern.
- Beta Aquilae, a star in the constellation Aquila
- Of or relating to the Altai, a mountain chain in Central Asia.
- Lead telluride, an isometric yellowish-white mineral of the galena group.
- the national parliament of Iceland
- A person playing alto saxophone or some other alto instrument.
- Somewhat like alum.
- Alternative name for aluminium / aluminum (the chemical element, symbol Al, with an atomic number of 13).
- A gray, water-soluble mineral, potassium aluminium sulphate; the natural source of alum, KAl3(SO4)2(OH)6.
- The absence of breast tissue, nipple, and areola.
- Pertaining to love; amorous.
- Causing wonder and amazement; very surprising.
- Possessing uniquely wonderful qualities.
- Very good.
- Encompassing on all sides; surrounding; encircling; enveloping.
- Evoking or creating an atmosphere: atmospheric.
- Relating to, or suitable for, storage at room temperature.
- Containing objects or describing a setting that one is interested in.
- Something that surrounds; encompassing material, substance or shape.
- The atmosphere; the surrounding air or sky; atmospheric components collectively such as air, clouds, water vapour, hail, etc.
- A type of modern music which incorporates elements of various musical styles, and creates a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere.
- Of glass: covered with stony speckles, symptoms of incipient devitrification.
- the range of a melody, especially those of ecclesiastical chants
- The exterior edge or border of a thing, such as a leaf or shell.
- A canvassing for votes.
- The act of one who ambles.
- A fragrant substance derived from ambergris, used in the perfume industry.
- A form of resinite found in New Zealand coal seams.
- Resembling, or characteristic of an amoeba
- A thing or circumstance that is welcome and makes life a little easier or more pleasant.
- a unit pertaining to the infrastructure of a community, such as a public toilet, a postbox, a library etc.
- Mental impairment; state of being mentally handicapped.
- An American Indian.
- Of or relating to a hypothetical higher-level language family including all of the indigenous languages of the Americas, excluding those that belong to the Eskimo-Aleut or the Na-Dene.
- A triclinic-pedial mineral containing aluminum, hydrogen, magnesium, oxygen, and silicon.
- The congenital absence of the uterus
- Friendly; kind; sweet; gracious
- Of a pleasant an likeable nature; kind-hearted; easy to like
- In an amiable manner; in a friendly or pleasant manner.
- A product of amidation
- any of several classes of organic compound, formally derived from oxoacids, by replacement of the hydroxy group with an amino group, and the oxo group with =NR
- A revenue collector having jurisdiction over several villages, in the British Raj.
- An enzyme involved in amination.
- To introduce one or more amino groups into a compound, in the process of amination
- A gaseous compound of hydrogen and nitrogen, NH3, with a pungent smell and taste.
- Relating to ammonia.
- Relating to the cornu ammonis.
- Of, pertaining to, or suffering from amnesia
- A person suffering from amnesia
- Any of the Amniota group of vertebrates having an amnion during the development of the embryo; mammals, birds and reptiles.
- Any member of the Amoebidae.
- Someone who is in love.
- Someone who writes about love.
- A variety of grunerite asbestos, once used in insulation.
- removal; ousting, especially, of a corporate officer from office
- deprivation of possession
- To render larger, more extended, or more intense, and the like;—used especially of loudspeakers, telescopes, microscopes, etc.
- To enlarge by addition or discussion; to treat copiously by adding particulars, illustrations, etc.; to expand; to make much of.
- To increase the amplitude of something, especially of an electric current.
- Funny, hilarious.
- Giving entertainment or amusement; recreative
- illusive, deceitful
- The congenital lack of a spinal cord
- the name of an Iranian goddess, associated with fertility, healing and wisdom.
- state of painlessness, absence of pain
- Of or relating to analgia.
- The state of being anal.
- All the vertebrates, such as the Amphibia, which lack an amnion during development.
- tactile anesthesia; the total or partial absence of the sense of touch
- Any amniote whose skull does not have openings near the temples.
- Being of the family Anatidae, comprising the swans, geese, and ducks.
- Pertaining to or resembling a duck; ducklike.
- Having lasted from a remote period; having been of long duration; of great age; very old.
- Existent or occurring in time long past, usually in remote ages; belonging to or associated with antiquity; old, as opposed to modern.
- Relating to antiquity as a primarily European historical period; the time before the Middle Ages.
- Experienced; versed.
- Former; sometime.
- A person who is very old.
- A person who lived in ancient times.
- A flag, banner, standard or ensign.
- One of the senior members of the Inns of Court or of Chancery.
- A senior; an elder; a predecessor.
- A maid.
- An auxiliary or accessory
- A maidservant; a handmaid.
- A utensil for supporting wood when burning in a fireplace, one being placed on each side
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of anergy
- Not using or containing fluid
- An aneroid barometer
- Related to angina.
- Resembling a blood vessel
- A benign tumor made up of small blood vessels or lymph vessels.
- Of or pertaining to the Angles (Germanic people)
- Of or pertaining to East Anglia
- An Angle (member of a Germanic people)
- An Old English dialect from Mercia or Northumbria
- To convert into English; to anglicise.
- A form of fishing, with a rod, line and angle (hook) for recreation or sport.
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- In an angry manner; under the influence of anger.
- An achondrite consisting mostly of augite with some olivine and troilite
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- In the night time; at night.
- Any organic compound derived from an oxoacid by replacement of a hydroxyl group by an aniline residue; an amide of aniline.
- Any compound in which one of the nitrogen-bound hydrogen atoms of aniline is replaced by a metal or other cation.
- Any member of the Aniliidae.
- The simplest aromatic amine, C6H5NH2, synthesized by the reduction of nitrobenzene; it is a colourless oily basic poisonous liquid used in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals.
- A univalent radical derived from aniline
- The condition of being anile.
- A belief that spirits inhabit some or all classes of natural objects or phenomena.
- A belief that an immaterial force animates the universe.
- A doctrine that animal life is produced by an immaterial spirit.
- A believer in animism.
- Resolute and full of vigor; vehement.
- Of or pertaining to an anion.
- an anionic detergent
- A salt or ester of anisic acid.
- The seed-like fruit of the anise, used in baking and in the flavouring of liqueurs such as ouzo.
- The aromatic ether methoxybenzene; it is used in perfumery and in organic synthesis; and derivative of this compound
- Any of three isomeric univalent radicals derived from anisic acid
- any of various wormlike animals, of the phylum Annelida, having a segmented body; they include the earthworm and the leech
- of, or relating to these creatures
- A right to receive amounts of money regularly over a certain fixed period, in perpetuity, or, especially, over the remaining life or lives of one or more beneficiaries.
- to coat the surface of a metal electrolytically with an oxide, either as protection or decoration
- Of or relating to anoesis.
- unthinkable; incapable of being thought
- Inability to smell; the inability to perceive odors.
- Having anosmia; lacking a sense of smell.
- Lacking olfactory organs; anosmatic.
- A person with anosmia; a person lacking a sense of smell.
- An agent that counteracts or neutralizes acidity, especially in the stomach.
- Counteracting or neutralizing acidity, especially in the stomach.
- Any of various drab-colored South American birds of the family Thamnophilidae that feed on ants.
- The vertical blocks which terminate the covering tiles of the roof of a Roman, Etruscan, or Greek temple.
- Any decoration serving to cover the ends of roofing tiles.
- One of the Charites worshipped in Athens.
- Resembling a flower.
- A flower or, more commonly, a floret that has the simplest, most basic type of structure.
- A resort town on the Côte d'Azur in the Alpes-Maritimes department of southeastern France.
- Serving to kill or repel bugs (insects).
- Serving to counteract bugs (surveillance devices).
- Oriented towards the apex.
- Of or pertaining to the surface of a prostrate thallus that is oriented away from the substrate.
- Opposed to automobiles or the excessive use of automobiles
- An automobile that defies the normal idea of a car
- In an odd or grotesque manner.
- A dangerous inflammatory swelling of a horse's breast, just opposite the heart.
- Counteracting fat; having a slimming effect; antiobesity.
- Opposed to obese people; fattist.
- A divine being opposed to the gods.
- Opposed to the use or ownership of guns