Page 1 from 1
Total results: 832
- To quench; extinguish (fire, pain, malice, enemies, etc.)
- At any point in time.
- A passageway covered by an arch, particularly one made of masonry.
- A doorway with a semilunar-shaped top.
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- From side to side; across.
- Across the path (of something).
- From one side to the other side of.
- Across the line of a ship's course or across its deck.
- Across the path or course of; opposing.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- To invoke or wish evil upon; to curse.
- A mildly imprecatory or merely expletive introductory exclamation, in the form of the imperative.
- To make a whore of; prostitute; treat as a whore.
- To call or pronounce a whore.
- to cast a spell on someone or something
- to astonish, amaze
- A large whale, having a large, rounded head, that inhabits Arctic waters.
- The act of firing an arrow from a bow
- The distance that the arrow of an average archer can effectively travel.
- participle of, i.e. nonstandard variant of chewing.
- The consumption of (the juice from) the khat plant.
- A bird, Pipilo erythrophthalmus, the Eastern towhee.
- A Siouan language originally spoken by the Missouria, Otoe and Iowa peoples.
- An peoples native to the area currently known as in the
- The of the Choctaw tribe.
- An in
- An unincorporated community in Mississippi.
- A in that is a of
- Relating to the Choctaw tribe or its language.
- A person of Choctaw heritage.
- A thick, creamy soup or stew.
- A stew, particularly fish or seafood, not necessarily thickened.
- A seller of fish.
- To make (seafood, etc.) into chowder.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- One who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- The heel of a cow, used as food.
- an annual herb with blue-grey waxy herbage and pale pink flowers, native to Eurasia.
- A hide of a cow.
- Any quantity of hides of cows.
- Leather made from the hide of cows.
- A coarse whip made of untanned leather.
- To flog with a cowhide.
- A path made by, or used by, cows.
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- A gratuity or tip as thanks for a service
- To give or make a present to.
- A bird, the European goatsucker.
- somehow else; in some other way
- A soothing medicated lotion for the eyes
- Nonsense; flattery; pretentiousness.
- To fool with nonsense or flattery.
- To keep information secret by sending false information to many people in one's own organization, and correct information to a select few.
- A structure built on or around dams or locks to facilitate the migration of fish.
- To hew or cut in front.
- A group of Egyptian dancing girls of the Nawari people, whose suggestive dancing was seen as improper.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- Inclined to growth; growing healthily or rapidly.
- Chinese maritime customs
- Half of the way between two points; midway.
- Moderately; somewhat.
- The relics or remains of a saint, or the shrines in which they are kept.
- A corridor in a building that connects rooms.
- A coastal town in Essex, England
- Any dandelion-like flower of the genera and in the family Asteraceae.
- Supportive of warlike foreign policy; bellicose; inclined toward military action.
- Favouring increasing interest rates; inclined towards increasing interest rates.
- Wire used to bind bales of hay.
- Roughly-made, unsophisticated, decrepit (from the use of haywire for temporary repairs).
- Behaving erratically or uncontrollably, especially of a machine or mechanical process; usually used with the verb "go".
- Movement ahead or forward.
- Forward motion, or its rate.
- The interval of time or distance between the fronts of two vehicles (e.g. buses) moving in succession in the same direction, especially along the same pre-determined route.
- Progress toward a goal.
- The clearance beneath an object, such as an arch, ceiling or bridge; headroom.
- A cross-heading.
- The nineteenth book of the New Testament of the Bible, the epistle of St Paul to the Hebrews.
- A seaweed, badderlocks.
- Capable of being hewn.
- The European green woodpecker.
- A main, direct public road, especially a multi-lane, high speed thoroughfare connecting major population centers.
- Any public road for vehicular traffic.
- A fleshy, edible plant in the stonecrop family,
- foolish talk or writing; nonsense.
- Any coarse weedy herb.
- An umbelliferous plant, of genus Heracleum, some of them being poisonous.
- Certain plants from the genera Ambrosia, Erigeron, or Heracleum.
- A traveller.
- A merchant in the East (so called because merchants were formerly the chief travellers).
- Be that as it may; nevertheless.
- Nevertheless; yet, still; in spite of (that).
- To whatever degree or extent
- In whatever way or manner.
- definition how.
- In any case, at any rate, at all events.
- In whatever way or manner.
- Although, though, but, yet.
- A calcium borosilicate hydroxide found in evaporite deposits.
- A housewife.
- A worthless woman; hussy.
- A small case containing scissors, thread, needles and other sewing things.
- To manage with frugality.
- To encircle.
- The inner wheel of a mill.
- The county town of Suffolk, England
- A city in south-east Queensland, Australia.
- A coastal town in Massachusetts, USA.
- A small city in South Dakota, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wisconsin, USA.
- Any of many marine fish, of the family , that have large mouths
- A native or inhabitant of the American state of Kansas.
- Someone associated with the University of Kansas, for example as a student, alum, or sports team member, or as a fan.
- The low-growing tropical American shrub (formerly Pedilanthus tithymaloides).
- a marine fish found around the southeastern coast of Australia and New Zealand, having a dark bluish-green body with indistinct rows of spots forming narrow irregular bands on the upper sides.
- A sort of covered basket used as a pannier or saddle on the back of a camel.
- a small city in Hancock County, Iowa, USA
- a river in West Virginia, USA, which flows into the Ohio River.
- an unincorporated community in Wood County, West Virginia.
- an originally proposed (and rejected) name for the state of West Virginia.
- Transliteration of a male given name of Persian origin.
- name of biblical origin.
- Matthew the Evangelist, one of the twelve Apostles. A publican or tax-collector at Capernaum and credited with the authorship of the Gospel of Matthew.
- The Gospel of St. Matthew, the first book of the New Testament of the Bible. Traditionally the first of the four gospels, a book attributed to Matthew the Evangelist.
- Feeling sick, queasy.
- Sickening or insipid in taste or smell.
- Excessively or falsely sentimental; showing a sickly excess of sentiment.
- A city in England, the county town of Norfolk
- A municipality in Ontario
- A city in Connecticut
- A city in Kansas
- A city in New York
- A town in New York which surrounds the city of Norwich.
- A town in Vermont
- In no place.
- To no place.
- Unimportant; unworthy of notice.
- No particular place, noplace.
- To howl louder or longer than.
- To show or present publicly; exhibit openly.
- To surpass or exceed in showing; exceed in being shown, especially in contest, competition, or rivalry.
- That which is shown openly, evinced, or revealed.
- The sediment (mostly sand and gravel) deposited by water flowing from a melting glacier
- Outside; beyond; outside of.
- A footpath or other path or track.
- A sequence of biochemical compounds, and the reactions linking them, that describe a process in metabolism or catabolism.
- To show in advance.
- A lesser show that occurs before the main entertainment.
- A quick rinse given to objects before they are washed properly.
- To rinse something before washing it properly.
- Untanned hide.
- To clear (a pump) of sediment by starting and stopping it repeatedly.
- To beat with a rawhide whip.
- To throw (an exception) again.
- To weigh again; to weigh something that has already been weighed.
- A town in western Pakistan.
- Any of a breed of short-horned dairy cattle originating from the Sahiwal district.
- A figure skating jump with a takeoff from a back inside edge and landing on the back outside edge of the opposite foot after one or more rotations in the air.
- Any ray (marine fish with a flat body and wing-like fins) of the family Pristidae, having a snout that resembles a saw.
- In shadow; darkened by shadows.
- Dark, obscure.
- Loose trousers worn in some South Asian or Islamic countries, especially by women but also by men, especially with a kamees.
- Dressed in a shawl.
- The tenth month of the Islamic calendar.
- The sloping dry dock in which a ship is build and from where it is launched
- A navigable canal
- Given to showers; having frequent rainfall.
- Of or relating to a shower or showers.
- An occasion when something is shown.
- A result, a judgement.
- showy; ostentatious
- A member of a First Nations people residing in the Canadian province of British Columbia.
- The traditional language of these people.
- The tribe which this people constitutes.
- In one way or another; in a way not yet known or designated; by some means
- Like a stew or thick soup.
- Suiting a stew, or brothel.
- tawny, dusky, dark
- evil, malicious
- weathered, rough
- One who makes a blustering show of valor or force of arms.
- A device on a mowing machine or combine harvester that raises uncut grain and marks the edge of the swath
- The language of Sweden and Åland (an autonomous part of Finland). Swedish is also one of the two official languages of Finland, spoken by 6% of the citizens. A very small minority in Estonia has Swedish as their mother tongue.
- Of or pertaining to Sweden.
- Of or pertaining to the
- Like a pig, resembling a swine; gluttonous, coarse, debased.
- Having a whisking motion.
- Inclined to switch between sadistic and masochistic roles.
- To be indecisive or in a state of confusion; to dither.
- The line that connects the lowest points in a valley or river channel, and thus the line of fastest flow along a river’s course.
- The process by which something thaws.
- Characteristic of a (certain type of) town.
- a path alongside a canal or river, originally for horses towing barges, now more often used as a footpath
- A three-wheeled cycle rickshaw.
- The ordinal form of the number twelve, describing a person or thing in position number 12 of a sequence.
- One of twelve equal parts of a whole.
- An interval equal to an octave plus a fifth
- susceptible to twitching a lot.
- irritable, cranky
- Not hewed; unhewn.
- Not showy; plain or unassuming
- To free from a witch or witchcraft.
- Unworthiness; unworthliness; worthlessness.
- Not worth; not deserving of.
- To throw or cast upwards.
- To throw up (a mass of material) from below, causing a fault.
- To be thrown up from below, causing a fault.
- A fault in which a mass of material has been thrown up from below.
- To rise upward in a whirl; to raise upward with a whirling motion.
- a city in Minnesota, USA
- witty, jocular, like a wag
- mischievous, tricky
- An adherent of the puritanical reform movement that arose in 18th-century Arabia.
- a village and municipality in Quebec, Canada.
- a village in Kent, England.
- a village in North East Lincolnshire, England.
- a suburb of Christchurch, New Zealand.
- a town in Maine, USA.
- a city in Massachusetts, USA.
- a so-called city in Minnesota, USA, named after Waltham, MA.
- a town in Vermont, USA.
- Bamboo species of the genus Phyllostachys, especially Phyllostachys nigra.
- A walking cane made from such bamboo.
- Lack of hope; hopelessness; despair.
- Vain hope; delusion.
- quite wan, quite pale
- Any of several species of plants in the genus native to southeastern Australia.
- A Y-shaped steel fencing post or stake.
- a town in Dorset, England.
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- a settlement in Newfoundland, Canada.
- a community in Ontario, Canada.
- Any of the three medusafishes (the common warehou), (the white warehou), and (the silver warehou).
- The part of a missile, projectile, torpedo, rocket, or other munition which contains either the nuclear or thermonuclear system, high explosive system, chemical or biological agents, or inert materials intended to inflict damage.
- The route taken by a party of Native Americans going on a warlike expedition.
- A course of action that leads to battle or hostility.
- Militant; warlike.
- Any ship built or armed for naval combat.
- Species of wild pig native to Africa.
- A nickname for the A-10 Thunderbolt II air support warplane
- A mountain range that forms the western edge of the Rocky Mountains
- A day when laundry is washed.
- The place in the above-ground part of a coal mine where coal is washed.
- The action of the verb to wash
- Clothing, bedlinen or soft furnishings that have been, are currently being, or are to be washed; laundry.
- The residue after an ore, etc, has been washed
- The liquid used to wash an ore.
- A place where a precious metal found in gravel is separated from lighter material by washing.
- A thin covering or coat.
- A fraudulent transaction in which the same stock is simultaneously bought and sold for the purpose of manipulating the market.
- The covering of a piece with an infusible powder, which prevents it from sticking to its supports, while receiving the glaze.
- A person employed in metalworking to wash the tin plates between manufacturing processes.
- A pot which holds water for washing.
- A square piece of cloth for washing the face and body.
- Someone who watches or observes.
- Someone who keeps vigil.
- A guard.
- The leaves of Saraceia flava.
- Possessing financial wealth; rich.
- Abundant in quality or quantity; profuse.
- Rich people.
- A rich person.
- Tasteless, having a sickly flavour; insipid.
- Sickly, wizened, feeble.
- The short term state of the atmosphere at a specific time and place, including the temperature, relative humidity, cloud cover, precipitation, wind, etc.
- Unpleasant or destructive atmospheric conditions, and their effects.
- The direction from which the wind is blowing; definition.
- A situation.
- A storm; a tempest.
- A light shower of rain.
- To expose to the weather, or show the effects of such exposure, or to withstand such effects.
- To sustain the trying effect of; to bear up against and overcome; to endure; to resist.
- To breakdown, of rocks and other materials, under the effects of exposure to rain, sunlight, temperature, and air.
- To pass to windward in a vessel, especially to beat 'round.
- To endure or survive an event or action without undue damage.
- To place (a hawk) unhooded in the open air.
- important; or serious
- Rigorous; severe; afflictive.
- One who chases women in a lecherous manner.
- Of or relating to the Wends.
- The language of the Wends.
- Having the nature of a wen; resembling a wen.
- name, a less common spelling of Winona.
- Somewhat wet; damp, moist.
- Tired; fatigued.
- Intoxicated on drugs.
- One who, or something which, whacks.
- Anything large; a whopper.
- The practice of hunting whales.
- The practice of spotting whales.
- A beating.
- Any of over forty Asian grasses of the genus Phyllostachys, a genus of bamboos, hardy evergreen plants from Japan, China and the Himalayas with woody stems sometimes used to make canes and umbrella handles.
- A cane made from whangee wood.
- A wharf labourer or stevedore.
- Any of several places in England.
- An English habitational surname derived from any of the placenames.
- Any object whose actual name one does not know or cannot remember.
- Of, pertaining to, or made from wheat.
- Of a pale yellow-beige colour, like that of wheat.
- A pale yellow or beige colour, like that of wheat.
- a city in Illinois, USA, and the county seat of DuPage County.
- To cajole or attempt to persuade by flattery.
- To obtain by flattery, guile, or trickery.
- Having wheels.
- Having the specified number or type of wheels.
- A stunt where a bicycle or other vehicle is ridden while it is standing only on its rear wheel or wheels.
- To perform the stunt of riding a vehicle on its rear wheel.
- Having whelks; whelky.
- To whelm.
- An overturn; an overthrow.
- at which, or toward which
- because of which; whereupon
- By what, in which direction; how.
- By which.
- Where, wherein, in which.
- How, or in what way.
- Where, or in which location.
- During which.
- How, or in what way.
- Of what; of which; of whom.
- Of what.
- Of which.
- wheresoever; regardless of which place
- To what; to which place, whither?
- To what end; why?
- To which.
- A blow, especially on the face.
- To hurry; to trouble; to tease.
- To box (somebody) on the ear; to strike on the ear.
- Which of two.
- Which of two.
- The green woodpecker, or yaffle.
- (of a surface) exposed to a working fluid
- Something that whets. Agent noun of whet
- Resembling whey.
- A little whiff or puff.
- A short blow or gust
- Something small or insignificant; a trifle.
- A fife or small flute.
- to blow a short gust
- to waffle, talk aimlessly
- to waste time
- to travel quickly, whizz, whistle, with an accompanying wind-like sound
- to descend rapidly from a height once the decision to land has been made, involving fast side-slipping first one way and then the other
- To waver, or shake, as if moved by gusts of wind; to shift, turn, or veer about.
- To wave or shake quickly; to cause to whiffle.
- To change from one opinion or course to another; to use evasions; to prevaricate; to be fickle.
- To disperse with, or as with, a whiff, or puff; to scatter.
- Passing; temporal; temporary; not lasting; not permanent; transient; transitory; not eternal.
- A while before; a short time ago.
- A low intermittent sob.
- To cry or sob softly and intermittently.
- To cry with a low, whining, broken voice; to whine; to complain.
- To say something in a whimpering manner.
- One who whinges.
- A whinyard.
- Someone who uses a whip.
- Controlled by a spouse or significant other to an unreasonable degree.
- Agent noun of whip; a person or thing that whips.
- A breed of dog, similar to a small greyhound, originating in Britain and bred for racing.
- a crosscut saw operated by two people
- to operate a whipsaw
- to lose potential profit by buying shares just before the price falls, or by selling them just before the price rises
- to defeat someone in two different ways at once
- A person who, or thing that, whirls.
- A perforated steel die through which wires or tubes are drawn to form them.
- That part of the beard which grows upon the sides of the face, usually of the male, or upon the chin, or upon both.
- A hair of the beard.
- One of the long, projecting hairs growing at the sides of the mouth of a cat, or other animal.
- The (very small) distance between two things.
- Spreaders from the bows to spread the bowsprit shrouds.
- A graphic element that shows the maxima and minima in a box plot.
- One who, or that which, whisks, or moves with a quick, sweeping motion.
- A small that forms on metal.
- A basket; especially, a straw provender basket.
- A small lathe for turning wooden pins.
- A shallow drinking bowl.
- The act of speaking in a quiet voice, especially, without vibration of the vocal cords.
- A rumor.
- A faint trace or hint (of something).
- A private message to an individual in a chat room.
- To speak softly, or under the breath, so as to be heard only by one near at hand; to utter words without sonant breath; to talk without that vibration in the larynx which gives sonorous, or vocal, sound.
- To mention privately and confidentially, or in a whisper.
- To make a low, sibilant sound.
- To speak with suspicion or timorous caution; to converse in whispers, as in secret plotting.
- To address in a whisper, or low voice.
- To prompt secretly or cautiously; to inform privately.
- A device designed to be placed in the mouth in order, or driven by steam or otherwise, to make a whistling sound.
- An act of whistling.
- A shrill, high-pitched sound made by whistling.
- Any high-pitched sound similar to the sound made by whistling.
- A suit (from whistle and flute).
- The mouth and throat; so called as being the organs of whistling.
- To make a shrill, high-pitched sound by forcing air through the mouth. To produce a whistling sound, restrictions to the flow of air are created using the teeth, tongue and lips.
- To move in such a way as to create a whistling sound.
- To send, signal, or call by a whistle.
- Making a whistling sound.
- To where.
- To wuther.
- A fine white chalk used in paints, putty, whitewash etc.
- A fish, Merlangius merlangus, similar to cod, found in the North Atlantic.
- Any of several marine fish found in North American coastal waters, including (the
- Any of the species of (smelt-whitings) inhabiting Indo-Pacific marine coasts, many of which are commercially important whitefish.
- Somewhat white, pale or almost white.
- An infection under the cuticle of a fingernail or toenail.
- name transferred from the surname, popular in the 1980s and 1990s.
- The holiday beginning on Whitsunday
- Of, or relating to Whitsunday or Whitsuntide
- Any of several small trees having leaves that are white and downy underneath.
- A knife; especially, a pocket knife, sheath knife, or clasp knife.
- To cut or shape wood with a knife.
- To reduce or gradually eliminate something (such as a debt).
- To make eager or excited; to excite with liquor; to inebriate.
- A coarse greyish double blanket worn by countrywomen, in the west of England, over the shoulders, like a cloak or shawl.
- A whittle shawl; a kind of fine woollen shawl, originally and especially a white one.
- A set of horizontal blades used to separate mineral particles.
- To whiz or whirl along; make a hissing sound
- To go about one's way carelessly or heedlessly
- A whizzing sound
- definition who.
- Whatever person or persons.
- No matter who.
- To behave exuberantly, to make whoopee.
- A person or animal that whoops.
- The whooping crane, Grus americana.
- The whooper swan, Cygnus cygnus.
- Something remarkably large.
- An outrageous lie.
- The activities of a whore; prostitution; promiscuous sex.
- formed from whorls; having whorls
- The whortleberry or bilberry.
- To make a low snuffling or blowing sound.
- definition why.
- For whatever reason.
- The reason why; the cause or intent.
- A member of a tribe of Native Americans, most populous in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Their Caddoan language, which is now extinct.
- The largest city in Kansas, USA
- A village in Hampshire, England.
- Swiftly; nimbly; quickly.
- Characteristic of a wimp.
- a town in Connecticut, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Iowa, USA.
- a town in Maine, USA.
- a town in New Hampshire, USA.
- a town, hamlet and CDP in New York, USA.
- a village in Ohio, USA.
- a town in Vermont, USA.
- Wished-for; desired, wanted.
- Expressing a wish or longing for something.
- Aspiring, or seeking advancement.
- The act of making a wish.
- a CDP situated on the in Washington, USA.
- Outside, externally.
- Lacking something.
- Outside of, beyond.
- Not having, containing, characteristic of, etc.
- Not doing or not having done something.
- Unless, except (introducing a clause).
- To speak against someone or something.
- To contradict or deny.
- To gainsay, to oppose in speech (and by extension writing).
- To forbid, to refuse to allow, give, or permit.
- To decline, to refuse to do or accept.
- To set oneself against; oppose; resist.
- To be set against.
- To set (a place) with an ambush.
- A village in Nebraska.
- An Asian tree,
- A yellow dye said to contain crocin derived from the pods of the wongshy.
- Gallirallus sylvestris, a species of bird in the family Rallidae endemic to Lord Howe Island, Australia.
- Being like wood, pertaining to wood; woody.
- Characteristic of woods or woodland.
- Of or pertaining to words; verbal; wordy.
- Resembling or characteristic of a wraith.
- To twist, curl or entwine something into a shape similar to a wreath.
- To form a wreathlike shape around something.
- To curl, writhe or spiral in the form of a wreath.
- To turn violently aside or around; to wrench.
- Wreathed; twisted; curled; spiral.
- A town in north-east Wales, United Kingdom.
- A county borough in north-east Wales, named after the town, formerly belonging to Denbighshire and Clwyd
- Twisted, contorted.
- Made or shaped by intertwining; plaited.
- Having been worked or prepared somehow.
- The bar-tailed godwit, Limosa lapponica