Page 1 from 4
Total results: 4058
- Embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.
- The illegitimate child of an unmarried woman and a married man.
- To end a law, system, institution, custom or practice.
- To put an end to or destroy, as a physical object; to wipe out.
- To quench; extinguish (fire, pain, malice, enemies, etc.)
- A river in Hades.
- The god/personification of the river Alpheus.
- name, of mostly historical usage.
- Beta Aquilae, a star in the constellation Aquila
- Somewhat like alum.
- A in Colorado
- A town in Maine
- A town in Massachusetts.
- A village in Nebraska
- A town in New Hampshire
- A town and suburb in New York
- A town in Nova Scotia
- A city in Ohio
- A township municipality in Quebec
- A city in Texas
- A town in Victoria, Australia
- A town in Virginia
- A village in Wisconsin
- A register or form of English that gives preference to words of Germanic origin over words of other (especially Latin, French, or Greek) origin.
- Of, in, or pertaining to this form of English.
- Extreme pain, either of body or mind; excruciating distress.
- To suffer pain.
- To cause to suffer pain.
- In the night time; at night.
- A partial or total loss of language skills due to brain damage. Usually, damage to the left perisylvian region, including Broca's area and Wernicke's area, causes aphasia.
- Affected by, or pertaining to, aphasia.
- One who is afflicted by symptoms of aphasia.
- The loss of the initial unstressed vowel of a word.
- In an apish manner; in the manner of an ape.
- An evil snake-god who tries to devour the sun every night.
- An asteroid formerly thought to be on a collision course with Earth.
- The vital principle or force believed by the Paracelsians to be responsible for alchemical reactions within living bodies, and hence for the growth and continuation of life.
- of Chief magistrates of ancient Athens.
- Any member of the Asaphidae.
- Feeling shame or guilt.
- a city in Georgia, USA
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- The precipitation of ash from a volcanic eruption
- A town in Kent.
- A town in borough, Surrey (previously in Middlesex).
- A village in district, Devon, England
- A village in district, Devon
- A village in Derbyshire, Ashford-in-the-Water.
- a community in New Brunswick, Canada.
- a town in Alabama, USA
- a census-designated place in California, USA.
- a village in Illinois, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Indiana, USA.
- a small city in Kansas, USA
- a home rule-class city in Kentucky, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Louisiana, USA.
- a village in Louisiana.
- a town and CDP in Maine, USA.
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- a town in Mississippi, USA
- a city in Missouri, USA.
- a census-designated place in Montana, USA.
- a city in Nebraska, USA.
- a town in New Hampshire, USA.
- an unincorporated community and CDP in New Jersey, USA.
- towns in and New York, USA.
- a city in Ohio, USA
- a small town in Oklahoma, USA.
- a city in Oregon, USA.
- a borough in Pennsylvania, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Tennessee, USA.
- a town in Virginia, USA.
- an unincorporated community in West Virginia, USA.
- a city and port in and Wisconsin, USA
- a town in Wisconsin, 15 miles south-east of the city.
- Without ash.
- That leaves no ash upon combustion.
- Any of the four stages of Hindu spiritual life
- asphyxiation, typically resulting in death; asphyxia
- treasure (as a term of endearment)
- Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).
- Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).
- Absence of belief that any deities exist (including absence of the concept of deities).
- Absence of belief in a particular deity, pantheon, or religious doctrine (notwithstanding belief in other deities).
- Without God, neither accepting nor denying him.
- Eager or extremely desirous (for something).
- An extinct European mammal, Bos primigenius, the ancestor of domestic cattle.
- The European bison (Bison bonasus, or Europæus).
- Like a baby; childish; puerile; simple.
- Dionysus, the Greek god of wine and vivid social gatherings.
- Somewhat bad; of a quality between mediocre and bad.
- A rogue, ruffian or miscreant.
- A type of laundry in which the washing was returned to the customer in a bag, undried and unpressed.
- Somewhat bald; balding.
- Pertaining to, or written by, a bard or bards.
- Shy; not liking to be noticed; socially timid.
- Indicating bashfulness.
- An instance of bashing; a physical attack.
- A protective cone-shaped hood with lappets for wrapping around the neck, used especially by Turks and Cossacks.
- A guild of legal clerks in pre-revolutionary France.
- Any of several anglerfish of the family
- Any of several spade-shaped, laterally compressed, reef-dwelling tropical fish of the genus
- A swimsuit; a bathing costume.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling a bat.
- a style in modernist architecture and modern design, from "Staatliches Bauhaus" in Weimar, Germany
- Resembling or likened to a bear, typically in being rough, surly, or clumsy.
- Characterized by falling share prices.
- Pessimistic about the future.
- Like a beau; characteristic of a beau; foppish; fine.
- Tasting of beer, beery
- The flora and fauna at the bottom of the ocean or other body of water.
- To beg or implore (a person).
- To request or beg for.
- A request.
- To shadow; cast a shadow over.
- To shake roughly or violently.
- To shame; put to shame; make shameful.
- To shear or shave all around; shear all over.
- To shine around or upon.
- To give light to.
- To invoke or wish evil upon; to curse.
- A mildly imprecatory or merely expletive introductory exclamation, in the form of the imperative.
- A chemical element (symbol Bi) with an atomic number of 83.
- A single atom of this element.
- A small flaw which spoils the appearance of something, a stain, a spot.
- A moral defect; a character flaw.
- To spoil the appearance of.
- To tarnish (reputation, character, etc.); to defame.
- Agent noun of blush; one who blushes.
- Face makeup that makes the cheeks rosier.
- Any of several closely related, edible species of the genus Amanita, including and
- swinish; brutal; cruel
- hearty; in good spirits
- A government leftist, especially a communist, socialist, or labour union leader.
- Difficult or rebellious.
- Like a boob; foolish, silly.
- Given to reading; fond of study; better acquainted with books than with people; learned from books.
- Characterized by a method of expression generally found in books.
- Behaving as a boor; rough in manners; rude; uncultured.
- The act of firing an arrow from a bow
- The distance that the arrow of an average archer can effectively travel.
- Any of the family Ostraciidae of squared, bony fish, closely related to the pufferfish and filefish.
- a wild or out-of-control person
- Like brine; somewhat salt.
- rubbed, especially as a finish.
- Someone who brushes (any of the meanings).
- A person employed to cut or blast the roof or floor of a roadway and so give more height.
- A person who gets the mineral down by blasting in the working face after it has been "holed".
- Of, or in the manner of a brute
- Bestial; lacking human sensibility
- Like a dandy; foppish; swellish.
- Having a muscular physique
- Aggressively self-confident or assertive; bullheaded
- optimistic; overly or foolishly optimistic or hopeful
- Any of several wetland plants, mostly in the family Cyperaceae (the sedges):
- Sedges in the genera or (formerly considered Scirpus), having clusters of spikelets.
- Cattails or reedmace, in the genus Typha
- A plant referred to in the story of Moses as growing along the banks of the Nile, which is believed to be the papyrus,
- Hair gathered together in two or more parts.
- A form of fringed sash or cravat worn by gentlemen
- A spinose plectognath fish of the Atlantic coast of the United States (especially having the power of distending its body with water or air, so as to resemble a chestnut bur.
- To make smooth or shiny by rubbing; to polish; to shine.
- To shine forth; to brighten; to become smooth and glossy, as from swelling or filling out; hence, to grow large.
- A young bushman; a boy who lives or camps in the bush.
- A type of bearing, a cylindrical lining designed to reduce friction and wear inside a hole, often used as a casing for a shaft, pin or hinge.
- An elastic bearing used as a type of vibration isolator, commonly made of rubber. An interface between two parts, damping the movement and the energy transmitted.
- A threaded bushing, is a fastener element that is inserted into an object, usually to add a threaded hole in a softer or thin material.
- A lining for an opening through which a conductor passes, providing insulation and mechanical protection for the conductor.
- An adapter for joining pipes of different size.
- Any of the long-tailed tits of the family Aegithalidae
- A North American long-tailed tit, of the genus Psaltriparus, that has mostly grey plumage
- Characteristic of a cad.
- Collusion or collaboration to nefarious ends.
- Like a calf; stupid.
- Either corner of the eye, where the eyelids meet.
- To dismiss (someone, especially military personnel) from service.
- One who works at a till or receives payments.
- Person in charge of the cash of a business or bank.
- Any fish of the order Siluriformes, mainly found in fresh water, lacking scales, and having barbels like whiskers around the mouth.
- To fish for catfish
- Someone who creates a fake profile on a social media platform in order to seduce people.
- Such a fake profile.
- To create a fake online profile to seduce (someone).
- catlike; in the manner of a cat
- sly and spiteful; marked by malice
- Husband of Cassiopeia, king of Eritrea, father of Andromeda. There may be two mythical kings by this name.
- A circumpolar constellation of the northern sky, located between Draco and Cassiopeia and representing the king Cepheus from Greek myth.
- An evergreen shrub native to California, in the botanical family Rosaceae
- an evergreen shrub, found in the southwestern United States
- an evergreen shrub native to California,
- A short-horned goat antelope native to mountainous terrain in southern Europe;
- Soft pliable leather originally made from the skin of chamois (nowadays the hides of deer, sheep, and other species of goat are alternatively used).
- The traditional colour of chamois leather.
- An absorbent cloth used for cleaning and polishing, formerly made of chamois leather.
- Any song with French words, but more specifically a classic, lyric-driven French song.
- A religious song.
- A power or authority, generally of a spiritual nature, believed to be a freely given gift by the grace of God.
- Engraved or embossed decoration.
- Of or like a chasm.
- Having gaps or a chasm.
- A town in Saint Lucia
- To punish (in order to bring about improvement in behavior, attitude, etc.); to restrain, moderate
- To make chaste; to purify.
- To punish or reprimand for the sake of improvement; to discipline.
- To render humble or restrained.
- in the manner of or typical of a chav.
- A broad gleeful grin.
- A jovial greeting
- A cheesemonger, cheese aficionado, or someone employed in the cheese business
- An uncircumcised man.
- A senior or geezer.
- A cocktail sandwich made with cheese.
- A conker with a flat side.
- A member of the Cheka.
- A district on the northern bank of the river Thames in western London.
- Any of several places (mostly in the US) named after it.
- A type of porcelain once manufactured there.
- name, derived from the London borough.
- name, a variant of Chelsea.
- A person who specializes in the science of chemistry, especially at a professional level.
- A pharmacist.
- A pharmacy.
- An alchemist.
- A mould in which curds are placed before being pressed to remove the whey; subsequently the chessel is removed to allow the cheese to mature
- Having a chest (with a specified quality).
- A state of Mexico.
- A crossing of two nerves, ligaments etc.
- The contact point between the two chromatids of a chromosome during meiosis.
- A political purge in Russia.
- A short cloak caught up on the shoulder, worn by hunters, soldiers, and horsemen in Ancient Greece.
- one who chooses something
- a trochee (a foot of two syllables, the first long and the second short)
- a tribrach
- A singer in a choir; a chorister.
- definition one who chouses.
- A white cloth, anointed with chrism, or a white mantle thrown over a child when baptized or christened.
- A child that died within a month after its baptism; so called from the chrisom cloth used as a shroud for it.
- A diminutive of the female given names Christine and Christina.
- The flavone 5,7-dihydroxy-2-phenyl-4H-chromen-4-one, isolated from the passionflower ( sometimes used as an aromatase inhibitor supplement by bodybuilders and athletes
- Any book of the Pentateuch.
- The Pentateuch collectively.
- A native American tribe of southern California.
- The language of the tribe.
- A narcotic gum resin which exudes from the flower heads, seeds, etc., of Indian hemp.
- From, or pertaining to, Chuvashia
- Someone from, or pertaining to Chuvashia
- An agglutinative language of the Bolgar branch of the Turkic language family and is spoken west of the Ural mountains in central Russia. Chuvash is the native language of the Chuvash people and an official language of Chuvashia. It is spoken by about two million people.
- Consisting of, or similar to, chyle.
- Any of a family of serine proteases present in mast cells
- Of or pertaining to chyme.
- Resembling or characteristic of a city; urban.
- A person or thing that clashes.
- Resembling clay.
- Containing clay.
- Somewhat close; nearish
- A game in which trinkets are set upon sticks, to be thrown at by the players; -- so called from an ancient popular sport which consisted in shying or throwing cudgels at live cocks.
- An object at which stones are flung.
- A cod (the fish).
- The flesh of the cod as food.
- An ancient region and kingdom located in Eastern Europe, on the coast of the Black Sea, corresponding to what is now western Georgia.
- Lively and playful; frisky.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- One who crashes.
- One who attends an event without an invitation
- Pulverized, rendered into small, disconnected fragments.
- Broken, saddened, depressed.
- Of a fabric, having the appearance of having been crushed.
- Someone or something that crushes.
- A machine designed to crush rocks.
- A policeman.
- Reminiscent of a cub, i.e. shy and naive.
- Resembling a cult
- Having an intense admiration or fandom
- A gratuity or tip as thanks for a service
- To give or make a present to.
- Pertaining to a cur or mongrel.
- Ignoble, mean-spirited.
- The state of being a cur; one who is currish.
- A soft mass of material stuffed into a cloth bag, used for comfort or support; for sitting on, kneeling on, resting one's head on etc.
- Something acting as a cushion, especially to absorb a shock or impact.
- A pad on which gilders cut gold leaf.
- A mass of steam in the end of the cylinder of a steam engine to receive the impact of the piston.
- The lip around a table in cue sports which absorbs some of the impact of the billiard balls and bounces them back.
- a sufficient quantity of an intangible object (like points or minutes) to allow for some of those points, for example, to be lost without hurting one's chances for successfully completing an objective.
- A riotous dance, formerly common at weddings.
- To furnish with cushions.
- To seat or place on, or as on a cushion.
- To absorb or deaden the impact of.
- To conceal or cover up, as under a cushion.
- Pertaining to the ancient people of Horn of Africa, considered the descendants of biblical Cush.
- A member of one of the peoples of the Horn of Africa.
- A sub-family of the Afro-Asiatic languages; Cushitic.
- of, or resembling a czar; tsarish
- stun, stupefy
- bruise the surface of an apple or other fruit by a knock
- injure, damage, generally used as an expletive
- Characterised by noxious vapours; misty, smoky.
- Moderately damp or moist.
- A moon of Saturn.
- Hierophany, theophany; being in the presence of the divine or holy (as a person or object).
- Old cocoyam; the edible starchy yellow tuber of the taro plant.
- A loose and brightly colored African shirt.
- Spirited, audacious and full of high spirits.
- Chic, fashionable.
- The action of the verb to dash.
- A mechanical damping device consisting of a piston that moves through a viscous fluid (usually oil); used, in conjunction with a spring, in shock absorbers.
- Somewhat dead, dull, or lifeless.
- to remove the flesh from
- To burst or split open at definite places, discharging seeds, pollen or similar content.
- To rupture or break open, as a surgical wound.
- A city/village in Iowa.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A city in Ohio.
- To make (different parts of a circuit etc.) out of phase
- A small boat resembling a gondola that is common in Malta.
- To deprive of a helmet.
- as much as a dish will hold
- Shaped like a dish; concave.
- A dish shape or deformation; a concavity.
- A small mop used for washing dishes.
- A large basin or pan with a flat bottom in which dishes are washed.
- A piece of cloth used for washing dishes.
- An unclean person;
- To dismiss from service on board ship.
- A couplet, a two line stanza making complete sense.
- Any couplet.
- Any of various small sharks
- especially those from the family Squalidae
- a catshark, any shark from family Scyliorhinidae
- a kitefin shark, any shark from family Dalatiidae
- Scyliorhinus canicula or Scyliorhinus stellaris
- Scyliorhinus canicula
- Squalus acanthias, or
- The bowfin, Amia calva.
- currish, resembling a mongrel dog, notably in his worst qualities
- stylish in a showy way
- The character or individuality of a dog.
- Like a dolt; dull in intellect; stupid.
- Characteristic of a (university) don
- Bookish, theoretical and pedantic, as opposed to practical.
- The position or role of a don.
- Like a drone; slow; sluggish.
- An open horse-drawn carriage, especially in Russia.
- Characteristically resembling a duck; somewhat ducklike
- Somewhat dull; dull to a degree.
- Stupid, dull.
- Sad, melancholy.
- Of the nature of a dunce; duncelike.
- A kind of cured codfish.
- Somewhat dun in colour.
- To scold or lecture verbally.
- A distance from which sound is still audible
- The practice of creating words or language by imitating sounds from the environment.
- One of four sources of the Torah described by the characterized by an abstract view of God.
- The writer, or one of the writers, of the passages of the Old Testament, notably those of Elohim instead of Jehovah, as the name of the Supreme Being; distinguished from Jehovist.
- somehow else; in some other way
- name, a Scottish variant of Elizabeth.
- To set (a gemstone etc.) into.
- To be a setting for.
- To decorate with jewels, or with inlaid ornament.
- To cut or carve, as with a weapon.
- To clothe with flesh.
- To enclose in a shell.
- to show enthusiasm
- to cause (someone) to feel enthusiasm or to be enthusiastic
- A point of contact or significant electrical influence between neurons, other than at a synapse.
- Cross-stimulation of adjacent nerve fibers.
- A city of ancient Anatolia, in what is now Turkey.
- The return of property of a deceased person to the state (originally to a feudal lord) where there are no legal heirs or claimants.
- The property so reverted.
- Plunder, booty.
- That which falls to one; a reversion or return.
- To revert to a state or lord because its previous owner died without an heir.
- a town in Worcestershire, England.
- To draw or let out wholly; to drain off completely
- To empty by drawing or letting out the contents
- To drain; to use up or expend wholly, or until the supply comes to an end
- to tire out; to wear out; to cause to be without any energy
- To bring out or develop completely
- to discuss thoroughly or completely
- To subject to the action of various solvents in order to remove all soluble substances or extractives
- A system consisting of the parts of an engine through which burned gases or steam are discharged; see also exhaust system.
- The steam let out of a cylinder after it has done its work there.
- The dirty air let out of a room through a register or pipe provided for the purpose.
- An exhaust pipe, especially on a motor vehicle.
- exhaust gas.
- Exhausted; used up.
- One of the hairs which grow along the edge of eyelids.
- range of vision, a distance in which something is visible
- A soothing medicated lotion for the eyes
- Nonsense; flattery; pretentiousness.
- To fool with nonsense or flattery.
- To keep information secret by sending false information to many people in one's own organization, and correct information to a select few.
- Being or relating to a fad; trendy.
- Of moderate size, quality etc
- Somewhat fair
- A current (constantly changing) trend, favored for frivolous rather than practical, logical, or intellectual reasons.
- Popular trends.
- A style or manner in which something is done.
- The make or form of anything; the style, shape, appearance, or mode of structure; pattern, model; workmanship; execution.
- Polite, fashionable, or genteel life; social position; good breeding.
- To make, build or construct.
- To make in a standard manner; to work.
- To fit, adapt, or accommodate to.
- To forge or counterfeit.
- Abounding in fens; fenny.
- Of, relating to, or characteristic of films, movies, or the film industry; cinematic.
- Somewhat fine; of quite good quality or appearance.
- Somewhat fine; of reasonable thinness or small granularity.
- Any fish, but especially fish other than flatfish
- Of or pertaining to Finland.
- Of or pertaining to the
- The Finno-Ugric language spoken by the majority of the people living in Finland, one of the two official languages of the country (the other is Swedish).
- Fishing: the catching, processing and marketing of fish or other seafood.
- A place related to fishing, particularly:
- A place where fish or other seafood are caught: a fishing ground.
- A place where fish or other seafood are raised: a fish farm.
- A place where fish or other seafood are processed: a seafood factory.
- A right to fish in a particular location.
- A fishing company.
- An unfriendly or suspicious glance.
- An undesirable effect in paint, particularly automotive finishes, normally caused by oil or other contaminants on the painted surface.
- Covering an extremely wide angle and producing a circular image that is distorted towards the edges.
- Abounding in fish.
- To change (flesh) to fish; to transform into a fish.
- To make as wet as a fish; to drench with water.
- The act of catching fish.
- The act of catching other forms of seafood, separately or together with fish.
- Commercial fishing: the business or industry of catching fish and other seafood for sale.
- A fishery, a place for catching fish.
- A net used to catch fish.
- A fabric with an open diamond-shaped structure; normally used for stockings etc
- Stockings made of fishnet fabric.
- A wicker basket, sunk, with a float attached, for catching crabs, lobsters, etc.
- A structure built on or around dams or locks to facilitate the migration of fish.
- Having flesh; corpulent.
- Having a specified form of flesh or body.
- corporeal or bodily
- sensual; carnal; lascivious
- animal; not vegetable
- Carnally; sexually.
- Red in the face because of embarrassment, exertion, etc.
- The mechanical part of a toilet that causes the toilet bowl's contents to be sucked down the drain.
- Agent noun of flush: one who flushes.
- A worker for a political campaign who persuades voters to vote on Election Day
- Condition of possessing any enemies.
- Characteristic of a fogy
- In the style of folk music
- Lacking good sense or judgement; unwise.
- Resembling or characteristic of a fool.
- Like a fop, a man overly concerned with his appearance.
- A city in Georgia, USA
- A city in Montana, USA
- The fox shark or sea fox.
- The European dragonet,
- An Australian fish, and related species.
- Certain species in the genus with distinctive black stripes on the face.
- The character or qualities of a fox; foxiness; craftiness; cunning.
- The fox.
- To become fresh.
- To make fresh.
- To begin or resume giving milk, especially after calving.
- To make less salty; to separate, as water, from saline ingredients.
- To refresh; to revive.
- To relieve, as a rope, by change of place where friction wears it; or to renew, as the material used to prevent chafing.
- To top up (a drink).
- to become stronger.
- A freshman.
- A fresh graduate looking for his or her first job.
- A flood resulting from heavy rain or a spring thaw.
- A small stream, especially one flowing into the sea.
- Recently, newly.
- In a rude or impertinent manner.
- Somewhat full; reasonably full, quite full.
- To polish or burnish.
- To renovate or recondition.
- Inclined to gad, or move from place to place frivolously.
- A clog or patten.
- Hence, an overshoe worn in wet weather.
- A gaiter, or legging, covering the upper part of the shoe and part of the leg.
- A Hindu god of intellect, wisdom, gates and beginnings, son of Parvati and Shiva.
- name used in India.
- The psychedelic drug 2,5-dimethoxy-3,4-dimethylamphetamine.
- Any fish of the needlefish family Belonidae, with a long narrow body and needle-shaped jaws, especially the European species Belone belone.
- Any North or Central American fish of the family .
- To decorate with ornaments; to adorn; to embellish.
- To ornament with something placed around it.
- To furnish; to supply.
- To fit with fetters; to fetter
- To warn by garnishment; to give notice to; to garnishee.
- A set of dishes, often pewter, containing a dozen pieces of several types.
- Pewter vessels in general.
- Something added for embellishment; decoration; ornament; also, dress; garments, especially when showy or decorated.
- Something set round or upon a dish as an embellishment.
- A fee; specifically, in English jails, formerly an unauthorized fee demanded from a newcomer by the older prisoners.
- Full of gashes; hideous; frightful.
- The act of making a gash, or cut.
- The roughing operation for worm gears.
- gasoline mixed with ethyl alcohol
- Of or pertaining to Gaul.
- Of or pertaining to the Celtic tribes speaking Gaulish languages.
- The Celtic language that was spoken in Gaul, long extinct.
- Intelligent, perceptive.
- The eldest of the sons of Levi, and the patriarchal founder of the Gershonites.
- Like a ghost in appearance; death-like; pale; pallid; dismal.
- Horrifyingly shocking.
- Extremely bad.
- In a ghastly manner.
- (of an article or published opinion) written under the name of another person; ghostwritten
- A ghosthunter; a paranormal investigator.
- Of or pertaining to ghosts or spirits.
- Spooky; frightening.
- Relating to the soul; not carnal or secular; spiritual.
- Like (that of) a girl; feminine.
- Of or relating to girlhood.
- resembling a gnome; gnomelike
- Goaty, goatlike.
- The condition of being a god; divinity, definition
- Somewhat gold in colour
- Rather good than the contrary; not actually bad; tolerable.
- Considerable; goodly.
- Like a goose; somewhat gooselike.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- A stew of beef or veal and vegetables, flavoured with paprika.
- A style of play in which the cards are not thoroughly shuffled between consecutive deals, so as to make the suits less evenly distributed between the players.
- An English habitational surname from a place in Norfolk whose name means grassy homestead.