Page 1 from 3
Total results: 2976
- To end a law, system, institution, custom or practice.
- To put an end to or destroy, as a physical object; to wipe out.
- To set abroach; to let out, as liquor; to broach; to tap.
- Broached; in a condition for letting out or yielding liquor, as a cask which is tapped.
- In a state to be diffused or propagated; afoot; astir.
- Tapped; broached.
- Astir; moving about.
- A tropical American evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lipstick tree.
- The seed of this tree used as a colouring or in Latin American cooking.
- An orange-red dye obtained from this seed.
- Deficiency or absence of bile.
- Lacking bile (or bile pigments)
- Any of several rodents of the genus of the family Dasyproctidae, smaller than agoutis, which inhabit Amazonia.
- soprano or, possibly, virgin
- Relating to a Berber caliphate in 12th century Morocco
- An alto or tenor saxhorn
- Any small saltwater fish of the Engraulidae family, consisting of 160 species in 16 genera, of which the genus Engraulis is widely sold as food.
- Resembling a flower.
- A flower or, more commonly, a floret that has the simplest, most basic type of structure.
- name, in regular use since the Middle Ages.
- A city in Kansas, USA
- A city in New Mexico
- A town in Texas
- The state or essence of being an ant.
- the name of a number of cities founded by kings of the Seleucid dynasty, the most famous being "Antioch on the Orontes" in ancient Syria (modern-day Antakya in south-eastern Turkey).
- A city in California.
- A village in Illinois.
- An unincorporated community in Jackson Township, Clinton County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Wright Township, Greene County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Pike Township, Jay County, Indiana, USA
- An unincorporated community in Posey Township, Switzerland County, Indiana, USA
- A ghost town in Nebraska.
- A village in Ohio.
- The state or essence of being an ape.
- Loss of voice; the inability to speak
- Of, relating to, or exhibiting aphonia; unable to speak.
- Barrenness, female sterility.
- having no light, especially no sunlight
- describing that part of the deep oceans and lakes where photosynthesis is not possible
- Of or pertaining to a portion of the horn of the hyoid bone.
- An evil snake-god who tries to devour the sun every night.
- An asteroid formerly thought to be on a collision course with Earth.
- The perpendicular distance from the center of a circle to a chord of the same circle.
- The distance from the center of a regular polygon perpendicular to one of its sides (a special case of the above).
- of Chief magistrates of ancient Athens.
- An articulation or joint.
- A city in and the county seat of in Arkansas, USA.
- A town in Kent.
- A town in borough, Surrey (previously in Middlesex).
- A village in district, Devon, England
- A village in district, Devon
- A village in Derbyshire, Ashford-in-the-Water.
- treasure (as a term of endearment)
- A furnace or stove, designed and used to maintain uniform heat; primarily used by alchemists.
- Without God, neither accepting nor denying him.
- A simple jet engine consisting essentially of a tube with a means of delivering fuel and ignition into the tube. The engine can only be started in a fast airflow. This type of engine is expected to be able to provide cruising speeds at Mach numbers of around 5 to 7 (5 to 7 times the speed of sound).
- A kind of chaetopod larva in which no circles of cilia are developed.
- A reduction in the functionality of an organ caused by disease, injury or lack of use.
- To wither or waste away.
- To cause to waste away or become abortive; to starve or weaken.
- An extinct European mammal, Bos primigenius, the ancestor of domestic cattle.
- The European bison (Bison bonasus, or Europæus).
- A piece of excavating equipment consisting of a digging bucket or scoop on the end of an articulated arm, drawn backwards to move earth.
- A multi-purpose tractor with a front-mounted loading bucket and a rear-mounted digging bucket.
- To excavate using such equipment.
- A guild of legal clerks in pre-revolutionary France.
- To cover or smear with honey.
- To sweeten with honey, or with honeyed words.
- To suit; to befit.
- To be necessary for (someone).
- To be in the best interest of; to benefit
- An employee of a hotel who carries guest's luggage and runs errands.
- To mouth the praises of (a person); talk grandiloquently; declaim.
- The flora and fauna at the bottom of the ocean or other body of water.
- A member of one of the historical aboriginal peoples of Canada.
- The extinct language of these people.
- To promise to give in marriage.
- To promise to take (as a future spouse); to plight one's troth to.
- To make a whore of; prostitute; treat as a whore.
- To call or pronounce a whore.
- A chord of two notes played at the same time.
- Having two strings
- Either of two North American species of sheep, Ovis canadensis and Ovis dalli, having large, curving horns.
- a cantilever that consists of two active layers: piezoelectric and metal.
- A massive, unlayered, mound-shape body in discordant relationship to the surrounding layered facies which drape over it; thus either a reef or a bank (after Asquith, 1979, p.73).
- A mass of rock constructed from the remains of marine organisms such as coral or algae
- A rock or other geological feature formed by living organisms.
- A supposed supramolecular unit of heredity
- A company specializing in biotechnology, or stock in such a company
- of, or relating to biotechnology
- Covered in blotches.
- swinish; brutal; cruel
- hearty; in good spirits
- A government leftist, especially a communist, socialist, or labour union leader.
- Difficult or rebellious.
- Like a boob; foolish, silly.
- Given to reading; fond of study; better acquainted with books than with people; learned from books.
- Characterized by a method of expression generally found in books.
- Behaving as a boor; rough in manners; rude; uncultured.
- clumsily made or repaired in an unacceptable or incompetent manner.
- A person who mends things, especially such a cobbler or tailor.
- A clumsy or incompetent worker; a bungler.
- A young salmon; a grilse.
- Having (a specified kind of) boughs.
- A large whale, having a large, rounded head, that inhabits Arctic waters.
- The act of firing an arrow from a bow
- The distance that the arrow of an average archer can effectively travel.
- Any of the family Ostraciidae of squared, bony fish, closely related to the pufferfish and filefish.
- To bring a square-rigged ship onto a new tack by hauling back the foresails whilst steering hard round
- Term of endearment for a young boy, or a young man.
- Term of endearment for any special male with whom one is familiar.
- The state or period of being a boy.
- A wretch; a depraved or lewd person
- A house of prostitution.
- A (historical) Briton: a member of that people that spoke Brythonic languages.
- A young bushman; a boy who lives or camps in the bush.
- Collusion or collaboration to nefarious ends.
- An Irish surname, variant of the Scottish Colquhoun.
- A city in that is the of
- A village in
- A city in that is the county seat of
- A city in
- The former name of until it was in 1943.
- A town in
- An in
- A white transparent waxy crystalline isoprenoid ketone, 1,7,7-trimethylbicyclo[2.2.1]heptan-2-one, with a strong pungent odour, used in pharmacy.
- A form of stately carriage or chariot
- An electrode, of a cell or other electrically polarized device, through which a positive current of electricity flows outwards (and thus, electrons flow inwards). It usually, but not always, has a positive voltage.
- The electrode at which chemical reduction of cations takes place, usually resulting in the deposition of metal onto the electrode.
- The electrode from which electrons are emitted into a vacuum tube or gas-filled tube.
- That electrode of a semiconductor device which is connected to the n-type material of a p-n junction.
- The state or time of being a cat.
- An inflammatory nodule at the bite site of the reduviid bug which transmits Chagas disease.
- Any of several polypeptide hormones that reversibly inhibit mitosis in the tissues that produce them.
- an evergreen shrub, found in the southwestern United States
- an evergreen shrub native to California,
- A short-horned goat antelope native to mountainous terrain in southern Europe;
- Soft pliable leather originally made from the skin of chamois (nowadays the hides of deer, sheep, and other species of goat are alternatively used).
- The traditional colour of chamois leather.
- An absorbent cloth used for cleaning and polishing, formerly made of chamois leather.
- An extract or preparation of opium, used in China and India for smoking.
- A traditional Japanese tea ceremony in which matcha is prepared and presented.
- Any song with French words, but more specifically a classic, lyric-driven French song.
- A religious song.
- Filled with chaos.
- Extremely disorganized or in disarray.
- Highly sensitive to starting conditions, so that a small change to them may yield a very different outcome.
- Aligned against following/upholding laws and principles- the opposite of lawful.
- A small black spot or mark remaining in the cavity of the corner tooth of a horse after the large spot or mark has become obliterated.
- A very contagious and fatal disease of sheep, horses, and cattle; anthrax.
- a two-wheeled, horse-drawn vehicle, used in Bronze Age and Early Iron Age warfare
- a light four-wheeled carriage used for ceremonial or pleasure purposes
- To convey by, or as if by, chariot.
- A traditional bedstead in India, consisting of a wooden frame bordering a set of knotted ropes.
- A member of an indigenous people of southern central Mexico.
- Their indigenous Mesoamerican language.
- Collectively, all chefs.
- The state of being a chef.
- A cigar with square-cut ends
- A V-shaped pattern; used in architecture, and as an insignia of military or police rank, on the sleeve
- A wide inverted V placed on a shield.
- One of the V-shaped markings on the surface of roads used to indicate minimum distances between vehicles.
- A guillemet, either of the punctuation marks “«” or “»”, used in several languages to indicate passages of speech. Similar to typical quotation marks used in the English language such as ““” and “””.
- An angle bracket, either used as a typographic or a scientific symbol.
- A a diacritical mark that may resemble an inverted circumflex.
- To form or be formed into chevrons
- a Turkish tobacco pipe
- Either of two plants of the Asteraceae family
- Common chicory (Cichorium intybus), the source of radicchio, Belgian endive, and sugarloaf.
- Endive ( the source of escarole and frisée.
- A coffee substitute made from the roasted roots of the common chicory, sometimes used as a cheap adulterant in real coffee.
- A sheer silk or rayon fabric.
- Any purely ornamental accessory on a woman's dress, such as a bunch of ribbon, lace, etc.
- A roll or twist of hair worn at the nape of the neck; a bun.
- A temporary swelling on a neonate's head after a ventouse-assisted delivery.
- Any of several villages in
- An in
- A and unincorporated community in
- A city in that is the of
- A town in Calumet County, Wisconsin, partially within which the city is.
- A colourless narcotic liquid, trichloroacetaldehyde, CCl3CHO, obtained at first by the action of chlorine on alcohol and that, when treated with water, produces chloral hydrate.
- Of a compound, containing chlorine with a higher oxidation number than equivalent chlorous compounds; especially having an oxidation number of 5
- A large heterocyclic aromatic ring consisting, at the core, of three pyrroles and one pyrroline coupled through four methine linkages.
- The univalent radical ClO2- or cation ClO2+
- A member of a Hindu caste found in the state of Rajasthan in India.
- Tightly packed, especially with people.
- An peoples native to the area currently known as in the
- The of the Choctaw tribe.
- An in
- An unincorporated community in Mississippi.
- A in that is a of
- Relating to the Choctaw tribe or its language.
- A person of Choctaw heritage.
- form of (heating device)
- The process in which a person's airway becomes blocked, resulting in asphyxia in cases that are not treated promptly.
- The act of coughing when a foreign object (i.e. food, beverages) becomes lodged in a person's airway.
- A steroid hydrocarbon having a 4-pentane sidechain instead of the normal cholestane sidechain
- Any salt or ester of cholic acid
- A meat stew traditionally served on the Sabbath by Jews
- One who, or that which, chomps.
- A tooth.
- A small or young domestic fowl; a chick.
- one who chooses something
- Cut or diced into small pieces.
- Ground, having been processed by grinding.
- Having a vehicle's height reduced by horizontal trimming of the roofline.
- High on drugs.
- Fired from a job or cut from a team or training program; having got the chop.
- A tool for chopping wood; an axe/ax.
- A knife for chopping food.
- The penis.
- A type of road motorcycle, especially as used by biker / bikie gangs.
- An AK-47 or similar assault rifle.
- Any of various electronic switches used to interrupt one signal under the control of another.
- A helicopter.
- To travel or transport by helicopter.
- Of, pertaining to, or consisting of chords.
- Having an accompaniment of chords rather than a countermelody.
- Having a notochord; chordate
- For a graph, in which all cycles of four or more vertices have a chord.
- Through which input is supplied by pressing a relatively small number of keys in combinations, as though playing chords.
- an abnormal downward curve to the erect penis
- Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting chorea
- Of, pertaining to, or exhibiting chorea
- One who has chorea.
- a trochee (a foot of two syllables, the first long and the second short)
- a tribrach
- Relating to a chorion
- A female chorus line dancer; a chorus girl.
- The protective and nutritive membrane in higher vertebrates that attaches the fetus to the uterus.
- The outer case of an insect egg.
- The outer membrane of seeds of plants.
- A singer in a choir; a chorister.
- A spicy Spanish sausage flavoured with paprika.
- a market town and borough in Lancashire, England.
- The vascular layer of the eye lying between the retina and the sclera.
- A joyful, somewhat muffled laugh, rather like a snorting chuckle.
- To laugh with a chortle or chortles.
- definition one who chouses.
- A thick, creamy soup or stew.
- A stew, particularly fish or seafood, not necessarily thickened.
- A seller of fish.
- To make (seafood, etc.) into chowder.
- A white cloth, anointed with chrism, or a white mantle thrown over a child when baptized or christened.
- A child that died within a month after its baptism; so called from the chrisom cloth used as a shroud for it.
- of, relating to, or containing chromium, especially in oxidation state 3
- One of the Chromidae, a family of freshwater fishes abundant in the tropical parts of America and Africa.
- The divalent radical CrO2: or cation CrO22+
- Of or pertaining to time.
- A hypothetical quantum or particle of time.
- Consisting of, or similar to, chyle.
- Of or pertaining to chyme.
- The process of encrypting telecommunication signals, as to prevent information from being intercepted by an enemy or competitor.
- Somewhat close; nearish
- Covered with a cloth.
- Wearing clothes or clothing.
- A person who coaches or gives instruction; a coach.
- A coachman.
- A coach horse.
- The complex, spirally coiled, tapered cavity of the inner ear in which sound vibrations are converted into nerve impulses.
- A game in which trinkets are set upon sticks, to be thrown at by the players; -- so called from an ancient popular sport which consisted in shying or throwing cudgels at live cocks.
- An object at which stones are flung.
- A cod (the fish).
- The flesh of the cod as food.
- A person from North Shields, a town in the northeast of England.
- A person from Hull, a fishing town in the north of England.
- A person from Whitby, a town in the northeast of England.
- A person from Fleetwood, a town in the northwest of Lancashire.
- A person from Kingston upon Hull, a city in East Yorkshire
- A small bronze mortar mounted on a wooden block with handles, and light enough to be carried short distances by two people.
- To reside with another as if married or as a married couple.
- To coexist in common environs with.
- To engage in sexual intercourse; see coition.
- A detector of radio waves used in very early radio receivers.
- An ancient region and kingdom located in Eastern Europe, on the coast of the Black Sea, corresponding to what is now western Georgia.
- Lively and playful; frisky.
- A machine (rather like a rotating pestle and mortar) used to refine the flavour and texture of chocolate by warming and grinding; a conch.
- A person who operates such a machine.
- Lapageria rosea, the Chilean bellflower.
- A buskin anciently worn by tragic actors on the stage.
- One who couches.
- One who couches paper.
- A factor or agent resident in a country for traffic.
- The book in which a corporation or other body registers its particular acts.
- A square piece of linen formerly worn by women instead of a cap; a kerchief.
- Friendly, agreeable, pleasant.
- Any of various types of boxfish, family Ostraciidae.
- The grampus,
- A of California,
- A marine plectognath fish, and allied species, having two projections, like horns, in front.
- One who tends free-range cattle, especially in the American West.
- The heel of a cow, used as food.
- an annual herb with blue-grey waxy herbage and pale pink flowers, native to Eurasia.
- A hide of a cow.
- Any quantity of hides of cows.
- Leather made from the hide of cows.
- A coarse whip made of untanned leather.
- To flog with a cowhide.
- A path made by, or used by, cows.
- A small barn for keeping cows.
- the state of being a cub
- A soft mass of material stuffed into a cloth bag, used for comfort or support; for sitting on, kneeling on, resting one's head on etc.
- Something acting as a cushion, especially to absorb a shock or impact.
- A pad on which gilders cut gold leaf.
- A mass of steam in the end of the cylinder of a steam engine to receive the impact of the piston.
- The lip around a table in cue sports which absorbs some of the impact of the billiard balls and bounces them back.
- a sufficient quantity of an intangible object (like points or minutes) to allow for some of those points, for example, to be lost without hurting one's chances for successfully completing an objective.
- A riotous dance, formerly common at weddings.
- To furnish with cushions.
- To seat or place on, or as on a cushion.
- To absorb or deaden the impact of.
- To conceal or cover up, as under a cushion.
- A former country in Africa, located in present-day Benin.
- A mechanical damping device consisting of a piston that moves through a viscous fluid (usually oil); used, in conjunction with a spring, in shock absorbers.
- A narrow outlet from which a body of water pours.
- A fortress at the end of a defile.
- To pour forth from a narrow opening; to emerge from a narrow place like a defile into open country or a wider space.
- A city/village in Iowa.
- A city/town in Kansas.
- A city in Ohio.
- A small village and military encampment in the Indian-administered part of the disputed region of Jammu and Kashmir, near Aksai Chin and the
- A windstorm with strong straight-line winds.
- a small city in Kansas, USA
- a town in Massachusetts, USA.
- Either of a pair of dimorphous substances
- A small mop used for washing dishes.
- Any compound having two thiol groups
- Any of various small sharks
- especially those from the family Squalidae
- a catshark, any shark from family Scyliorhinidae
- a kitefin shark, any shark from family Dalatiidae
- Scyliorhinus canicula or Scyliorhinus stellaris
- Scyliorhinus canicula
- Squalus acanthias, or
- The bowfin, Amia calva.
- currish, resembling a mongrel dog, notably in his worst qualities
- stylish in a showy way
- That part of a matchlock or flintlock gun or rifle that holds the burning fuse or flint and applies it to the gunpowder.
- A mythical creature with a human body and a dog's head.
- A place fit only for dogs; a vile, mean habitation or apartment.
- The state or characteristic of being a dog.
- The period of time of being a dog.
- The character or individuality of a dog.
- Like a dolt; dull in intellect; stupid.
- Characteristic of a (university) don
- Bookish, theoretical and pedantic, as opposed to practical.
- The position or role of a don.
- A bird, the European goatsucker.
- Brave; bold; courageous; valiant; intrepid; stouthearted; fearless.
- Hardy; strenuous; dauntless; resolute.
- Twelfth, especially as the final one of a set of twelve.
- A twelfth.
- A small craft for transporting goods to or from shore.
- Like a drone; slow; sluggish.
- An open horse-drawn carriage, especially in Russia.
- A period of unusually low rainfall, longer and more severe than a dry spell.
- A longer than expected term without success, particularly in sport.
- Droughty, dry.
- The outer aperture of the ear; the entrance to the ear canal.
- A puncture in the ear, usually in the earlobe, such as for earrings.
- An opening in a head-covering, such as a hat or helmet, for the ears.
- A distance from which sound is still audible
- The act of something that echoes.
- The practice of creating words or language by imitating sounds from the environment.
- An automatic memory retrieval process engaged when a specific, proximal cue interacts with information stored in memory. The recovered product of that interaction can either be the result of a strategic memory search, or it could act as fuel for subsequent strategic retrieval processes.
- any animal or plant found in soil
- The state of being an elf.
- The horn of an elk
- A highly-branched coral ( supposed to resemble the horns of an elk
- One of four sources of the Torah described by the characterized by an abstract view of God.
- The writer, or one of the writers, of the passages of the Old Testament, notably those of Elohim instead of Jehovah, as the name of the Supreme Being; distinguished from Jehovist.
- somehow else; in some other way
- according to; in a way that is conformable to
- To place or carry in a coach.
- A fossil plant from the Silurian age
- Pertaining to an ephor.
- of or pertaining to an epoch
- highly important or significant; monumentous, epoch-making
- An oily hydrocarbon regarded as a polymeric variety of ethylene, produced with etherin.
- referring to a person from Ethiopia
- Resembling a sieve.
- Relating to, or in the region of, the ethmoid bone.
- The ethmoid bone.
- A pronunciation of letters and syllables which is pleasing to the ear.
- Good phonetic quality of certain words.
- A long wooden slat, with holes for cords, that holds up an awning.
- The hole to which the viewer places his or her eye in a device such as a telescope.
- The hole in a helmet, skull, etc. corresponding to the position of the eye.
- A hook with an eye or ring attached.
- range of vision, a distance in which something is visible
- antimony-bearing copper arsenate
- A current (constantly changing) trend, favored for frivolous rather than practical, logical, or intellectual reasons.
- Popular trends.
- A style or manner in which something is done.
- The make or form of anything; the style, shape, appearance, or mode of structure; pattern, model; workmanship; execution.
- Polite, fashionable, or genteel life; social position; good breeding.
- To make, build or construct.
- To make in a standard manner; to work.
- To fit, adapt, or accommodate to.
- To forge or counterfeit.
- 1,3,3-trimethyl-2-norbornanol, a terpene and an isomer of borneol, used in perfumery.
- A symbol of the solar deity, found on monuments exhumed in Babylon, Nineveh, etc.
- A wicker basket, sunk, with a float attached, for catching crabs, lobsters, etc.
- Condition of possessing any enemies.
- Characteristic of a fogy
- In the style of folk music
- Lacking good sense or judgement; unwise.
- Resembling or characteristic of a fool.
- Without stopping or slowing down; immediately, at once.
- Like a fop, a man overly concerned with his appearance.
- To hew or cut in front.
- To overhaul; overtake.
- A city in Georgia, USA
- A city in Montana, USA
- To go forth; proceed.
- The fox shark or sea fox.
- The European dragonet,
- An Australian fish, and related species.
- Certain species in the genus with distinctive black stripes on the face.
- The character or qualities of a fox; foxiness; craftiness; cunning.
- The fox.
- To comfort.
- To feed.
- A machine that generates froth
- The Old English runic alphabet
- A clog or patten.
- Hence, an overshoe worn in wet weather.
- A gaiter, or legging, covering the upper part of the shoe and part of the leg.
- gasoline mixed with ethyl alcohol
- The eldest of the sons of Levi, and the patriarchal founder of the Gershonites.
- (of an article or published opinion) written under the name of another person; ghostwritten
- A ghosthunter; a paranormal investigator.
- Of or pertaining to ghosts or spirits.
- Spooky; frightening.
- Relating to the soul; not carnal or secular; spiritual.
- contract bridge in which only goulash hands are played (usually used in the plural)
- a form of small, detachable, irritant spine occurring in dense clusters in the areoles of certain cacti such as prickly pear. Typically glochids are short, straight, and microscopically barbed. When stuck into the skin of anyone touching the plant, they detach and remain in the skin when the victim moves away.
- Italian pasta-like dumplings made of potato or semolina.
- resembling a gnome; gnomelike
- Goaty, goatlike.
- The state of being a god; divinity
- The condition of being a god; divinity, definition
- Somewhat gold in colour
- a city in Goodhue County, Minnesota, USA.
- Rather good than the contrary; not actually bad; tolerable.
- Considerable; goodly.
- Like a goose; somewhat gooselike.
- Any of several birds of prey, principally in the genus, Accipiter.
- A stew of beef or veal and vegetables, flavoured with paprika.
- A style of play in which the cards are not thoroughly shuffled between consecutive deals, so as to make the suits less evenly distributed between the players.
- Irritable; easily upset; angry; tending to complain.
- Inclined to growth; growing healthily or rapidly.
- A sneaker or rubber overshoe.
- A detective.
- To act as a detective.
- A shop where guns are sold.
- The act of discharging a firearm.
- The sound made by a discharging firearm.
- The distance to which shot can be thrown from a gun; the reach or range of a gun.
- A bullet, projectile, or other shot fired from a gun.
- A marine fish, Melanogrammus aeglefinus, of the North Atlantic, important as a food fish.
- A magical plant, said to be good against enchantments.
- Born of a hag or witch.
- Holiness; sanctity; sacred honour.
- A sanctuary; lands held of a religious foundation.
- Something regarded as sacred; a holy relic.
- A small city in Minnesota, USA
- The relics or remains of a saint, or the shrines in which they are kept.
- The bone at the center of a ham
- A ham; an eager or inferior performer
- A certain type of dance that involves making noise with the body, especially by slapping parts of the body with one's hands
- Four consecutive strikes.
- To dance the hambone.
- A swinging couch or bed, usually made of netting or canvas about six feet wide, suspended by clews or cords at the ends.
- A piece of land thickly wooded, and usually covered with bushes and vines.
- to lie in a hammock
- (of a cloth) to hang in a way that resembles a hammock
- to make something be wrapped tight, like in a hammock
- derived from several different Norman given names (related to Henry and Norwegian Amund).
- name transferred from the surname.
- A number of places named after persons with the surname, including:
- a neighbourhood in Fresno, California, USA
- a village in Illinois, USA.
- a city in Indiana, USA.
- an unincorporated community in Kansas, USA.
- a city in Louisiana, USA.
- a small town in Maine, USA.
- a small "city" in Minnesota, USA.
- an in Montana, USA.
- a town in New York State, USA.
- a neighbourhood in Warrenton, Oregon, USA.
- a town and village in Wisconsin, USA.
- a settlement in South Australia.
- A Hammond organ.
- A brief prayer recited before consuming bread.
- Any of several places in England and Scotland, derived from Saxon words meaning farm by the bend of a river, including:
- A suburb in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, England, originally in Middlesex.
- from the placenames.
- A small city in Arkansas, USA
- A town in Connecticut.
- A city in Florida.
- A city in Georgia in the United States.
- A village in Illinois.
- A city in Iowa
- A small city in Minnesota.
- A hamlet in Missouri.
- A village in Nebraska.
- A town in New Brunswick, Canada.
- A town in New Hampshire.
- A borough in New Jersey.
- A town in New York.
- A community in Nova Scotia.
- A community in Prince Edward Island.
- A town in Queensland, Australia.
- A town in South Carolina, and the county seat of Named after
- A city in Virginia.
- A Welsh surname (the most common in England and the United States).
- A city in central California, USA
- Having a single set of unpaired chromosomes.
- A cell which is haploid.
- An organism, such as a fungus, with haploid cells.
- the removable roof of a convertible or sports car which is made of a rigid material.
- a car with such a roof.
- A common bean.
- A stew of lamb and vegetables.
- A governor or prefect appointed by the Spartans in the cities they subjugated.
- A spearlike weapon with a barbed head used in hunting whales and large fish.
- A harmonica.
- To hunt something with a harpoon.
- A dense clump of grass or vegetation; a tussock.
- A cushion used primarily in churches for kneeling on while praying.
- A thick cushion used as a seat; an ottoman or pouffe.
- The oboe.
- A reed stop on an organ giving a similar sound.
- A tall-growing strawberry, having a musky flavour.
- Demeanour, behaviour, comportment.
- An allowance of wood to a tenant for repairing his hedges or fences; hedgebote.
- A tool used for moving hay; a pitchfork.
- The upper storey of a barn used for storing hay
- A device for distributing a suspension of solids in water to a machine at a constant rate, or for retarding the rate of flow, as to a top-feed filter, or for eliminating by overflow some of the finest particles.
- Of or relating to pleasure
- Pursuing pleasure in a devoted manner
- Of or relating to the hedonists or to hedonism
- A dominating leader, or force.
- Totally reprehensible.
- An inheritance or succession.
- Of or pertaining to an ulcer; ulcerous.
- A large tuba whose coils fit around the player's shoulders
- A low-frequency electromagnetic wave observed in various plasmas
- A receptacle where cast metal sorts were thrown after printing.
- A blasting machine producing an electrical charge for a detonation.
- an unruly, rowdy or mischievous person
- an evil person
- the larva of the dobsonfly
- cursed, ill-fated
- The helots collectively; slaves; bondsmen.
- The articulation of two bars in triple time as if they were three bars in duple time.
- Any of the poisonous umbelliferous plants, of the genera
- Conium, either Conium maculatum or
- Cicuta, water hemlock plant.
- The poison obtained from these Conium and Cicuta plants.
- Any of several coniferous trees, of the genus Tsuga, that grow in North America; the wood of such trees.
- A coop where hens are kept..
- Of or pertaining to the production of peace and harmony; unifying
- A compound thermionic valve containing a triode and tetrode; was used in superheterodyne radio receivers.
- Formally derived from heptane or from heptoic acid.
- A sugar or saccharide containing seven carbon atoms.
- Having an abundance of herbage; full of herbs.
- Of or relating to herbs; herbaceous
- A boy who herds animals.